Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:12 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 375, Aristeia wrote:I think we should consolidate on one of HEM/Tenebro to push pressure and advance game state rather than splitting
Isn't town's biggest power early in large games driving dueling wagons? That's how you get good info for future use. Why do you think we should focus on one and not the other here?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am

Post by Aristeia »

because I want to kill bad people
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:15 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 248, fua wrote:I scumread Tenebro hard based on 116 and the attempt to defuse suspicion by essentially saying it’s just a bandwagon, and thus my TR on Yeet gets stronger by association.
In post 116, tenebrousluminary wrote:Yeet seems trustworthy and makes a good point. But I think I'll stick with my vote for now.
Maybe i'm not understanding but how is this 'trying to defuse suspicion by essentially saying its a bandwagon'
I believe tenebro was voting dats at the time, and saying he agreed with yeet's suspicion of me and that it might be +town for dats, but that he was sus of dats anyways.

Where's the 'defusing suspicion' or 'bandwagoning' bits?
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:18 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 31, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 26, T3 wrote:I played a few games on Epicmafia, then swotched to another, then MU, then webDiplomacy, then here.
Remember when Epicmafia was still a thing?
It got shut down. :(
In post 98, GeneralWu wrote:
In post 92, Yeet wrote:Yes, I have played mafia before. I played a little bit on EpicMafia when that was still a thing, and a couple games on this site on different accounts. I also occasionally play Avalon with my friends.
Dang I remember EpicMafia.
I'm actually quite sad that it got shut down, even though I used to troll on EM a lot.
talk about epicmafia check
In post 59, GeneralWu wrote:This has nothing to do with the game; but for the people with anime avatars, what are the names of the characters in your avatars? I'm really curious.
In post 163, GeneralWu wrote:@fireisredsir, @Datisi, @Aristeia what are the names of the anime characters in your profile pictures? :D

ask about anime avatars check

Does this guy have like a checklist of what to post?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:18 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 259, fua wrote:“I’m so popular, everyone is looking at me” is basically a degradation of the reason to actually suspect you and dismisses it as a trend rather than a veritable case.
Maybe you meant
Idk i'm having a hard time aligning your reasons for scumreading tene with thigns he's actually done ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:18 am

Post by fireisredsir »

I think what fua was referring to there came later with , maybe . 116 is just sus on its own.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:20 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 284, Nero Cain wrote:I don't get the town reads on Wu. I'm seeing lots of fluff posting and active lurking.
He has good vibes. Agree with u on monkey

~

Yeah i guess he was talking abt but either way i dont find or problematic, and don't understand why fua is scumreading him
Show
Hiatus once more.

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:21 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 418, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 405, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 402, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 391, Nero Cain wrote:STD has Wu as the 3rd scummist
my list isn't ordered my bad
Would you like to explain any of your opinions, Sir Knight?
haha
:(
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:22 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 324, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 319, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 317, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 297, GeneralWu wrote:I'm not gonna get defenestrated this early anyway :O
is that a challenge
did the rest of your post get cut off or something?
dearest me, ive forgotten my interrobang!
?!
Show
Hiatus once more.

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:23 am

Post by tenebrousluminary »

Could you at least explain why you want to extinguish my beautiful light, Sir Knight?

It is difficult to assess the motivations of votes against me, as Mx. Oboro says I must, if no motivation is provided.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:24 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 328, fua wrote:
In post 321, fireisredsir wrote:i like the directions that fua and nero are looking so far, but after some research wu looks exaaaactly like he did in newbie 2073 so im less interested in that for now. tene and monkey i am more on board with
I disagree. In that game Wu gets to the meat of things quicker and posts more game-related content involving his thoughts and his reads. Compare that ISO to this one and the latter looks a lot more bare in comparison. Here he makes one tentative statement on an interaction and then when he gets suspected his rebuttal is to accuse Nero of slipping by asking him how he knows how many mafia there are. Maybe it’s something something timeframe but to me these two don’t match up.
I've played one game with him and iirc he got misflipped day1 for similar-ish behavior
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:28 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean, that ISO seems just very scummy and he's lurking and not doing anything. I will tentavly agree that he wasn't as fluffy in his last scum game but he was suspected right out of the gate so he was on the defensive. But I also agree with Fua that in his town game he was doing things and calling ppl town.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:30 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 426, Aristeia wrote:because I want to kill bad people
Same same.

But killing baddies AND getting info to kill more baddies is where it is at, imo.

Consolidation on two wagons for pressure when done right is more powerful than a single target and lots of scattered mini wagons
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:30 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Lot to catch up on here, will do a readthrough of what I've missed so far.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Aristeia »

in my experience people can lose focus/forget things in large themes that have a fast post rate and I think thats what monkey is hoping for when he lol'd at me and then threadghosted.
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 346, Datisi wrote:
In post 200, skitter30 wrote:Pedit @dats me questioning you abt your vote. The more i ask you abt it the more i feel like there was no initial reasoning and you're trying ti back-justify it

And my issue is that you presented it as a scumread and the reasoning you gave was somewhat empty

And now you're saying it was more of a reaction vote? Why is my reaction scummy?
do you expect there to be some super strong case / reasoning from me on page 2-4, whatever it is? (when i'm not playing with ico, that is :shifty: ) like, A Thing from tenebro pinged me, i decided to vote him for it, both to show that i got bad pings from his slot, and to see if any interesting things happen as a result from it. i do this *checks notes* all the fucking time as both alignments. which is something that you should know, and the fact that you're giving me shit for having an "empty" vote early on is, like, not a good look.

like, what's your idea here? that scum!me panicked, made a random vote that i had no idea how to justify because i thought i wouldn't get asked about it?? then when, surprise, did get asked about it, i only then started thinking about a justification?? like you know better than this...
In post 63, Datisi wrote:VOTE: tenebro

yeet may or may not be town, tenebro probably isn't
A few notes:

- this in some ways reads like an OmGUS-y reaction to them voting you a few posts prior
- i still disagree with you that his vote was indicative of a 'scummy lack of boldness' and not wanting to stand out when you hadnt had much pressure at the time
- i obviously do not expect a super strong case on p4, and i would habe been fine if you had just said it was A Ping, but the reasoning you're giving doesnt make sense to me as something you actually thought at the time
- you seem to be getting kinda testy / sensitive that i'm pursuing this line of questioning ...
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 351, Datisi wrote:if i didn't know who monkey was, i'd scumread the shit out of that slot -
but unless he has massively fallen out of shape, i'm just puzzled at his play here
Can u elaborate plz?
Show
Hiatus once more.

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 434, tenebrousluminary wrote:Could you at least explain why you want to extinguish my beautiful light, Sir Knight?

It is difficult to assess the motivations of votes against me, as Mx. Oboro says I must, if no motivation is provided.
i want pressure on you mostly, it's a gut read and i want to see how you respond
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:38 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 375, Aristeia wrote:I think we should consolidate on one of HEM/Tenebro to push pressure and advance game state rather than splitting

so which one would you like to do today dear?
Vastly prefer monkey
In post 381, Aristeia wrote:I'm leaning towards you/skitter being town/town but I'm not confident enough in my abilities to be anywhere near 100% on that read atp
Why's dats town

Also fwiw i think 375 is +town for ari
Not necessarily the focus on wagoning hem/tene in particular, but the mindset r.e. consolidating
Show
Hiatus once more.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:41 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 440, skitter30 wrote:- this in some ways reads like an OmGUS-y reaction to them voting you a few posts prior
based on what i know (admittedly not much) about skitter and datisi from a couple past games that i read some of, this seems like a weird thing to pick out. you really think that this point makes datisi scummy?
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:43 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 440, skitter30 wrote:- this in some ways reads like an OmGUS-y reaction to them voting you a few posts prior
- i still disagree with you that his vote was indicative of a 'scummy lack of boldness' and not wanting to stand out when you hadnt had much pressure at the time
- i obviously do not expect a super strong case on p4, and i would habe been fine if you had just said it was A Ping, but the reasoning you're giving doesnt make sense to me as something you actually thought at the time
- you seem to be getting kinda testy / sensitive that i'm pursuing this line of questioning ...
- just because i voted them after they voted me doesn't mean it was omgus... like you can claim it is you want, and i can't prove it wasn't because i can't prove what i was thinking, but like; even if it were omgus, that is scummy why exactly? like you don't get to make such blanket statements about me

- i was the person with the most pressure at the time (and before someone starts crying how this is a contradiction because i called yeet's push a meme - just because it was the most pressure doesn't mean it was actually a lot of it), and okay.

- ok, what is the difference between me just saying it was a ping and me actually explaining the thought process behind the ping? also, what about "there's a person continuously attacking me, and then there's a person who jumps into the game, says one throwaway line on why i'm scummy and votes me, and the latter is more likely to be scum trying to fit in and attack a popular target, but also make it seem like there was Original Thought Process behind their attack" doesn't make sense?

- yeah no shit i'm getting testy. same question at the first point: why is that scummy? did i miss some new towntisi meta where i as town don't get annoyed at garbage pushes at me?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:44 am

Post by skitter30 »

I am in the present, yay

I'm saying that it looked like a snap-reaction to a vote on him that he has no good reasoning for, yes

Pedit one sec >.>
Show
Hiatus once more.

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:45 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 441, skitter30 wrote:
In post 351, Datisi wrote:if i didn't know who monkey was, i'd scumread the shit out of that slot -
but unless he has massively fallen out of shape, i'm just puzzled at his play here
Can u elaborate plz?
i played a game where scum!monkey was really good

so i didn't think this is scum!him shitting the game when i'm aware he knows how to play scum

but (1) that game was like 2 years ago, (2) nero gave me a counterexample (that i did not read through tbf, but i'm assuming he wouldn't lie about it) so lol
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Datisi »

i had A Thought about this game but i forgor :dead: it in the 3 minutes it took me to return to this tab
~M
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 9:50 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 445, Datisi wrote:there's a person who jumps into the game, says one throwaway line on why i'm scummy and votes me, and the latter is more likely to be scum trying to fit in and attack a popular target, but also make it seem like there was Original Thought Process behind their attack"
Because i think you were overestimating how much of a target you were at the time, and how likely scum are to be trying to 'fit in' there by voting you, and i dont know why that universe was more likely than them being town and just not liking one of your posts

And yeah i think you getting this annoyed is more indicative of scum-you, see: recent open wherein you became conciliatory (i.e. vs testy) when you got scumread
Show
Hiatus once more.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”