Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:14 am

Post by Rhyme and Reason »

In post 912, Meuh wrote:Val's last 3 posts look really good to me.
ngl Val is turning out to be one of those players whose posts I just can't bring myself to read, it's really weird and I don't know why this happens. Might have to do with the structuring of the posts? After forcing myself to read them I agree with this take though.
In post 962, Datisi wrote:if this flips scum, probably nuke sircakez into the orbit
well this is the most zero-dimensional take I've heard in a while.

Unless Cakez is known for hard throwing as scum I would be pretty floored to see him and Lavar both being scum. Like what is the point of defending your partner in this way without even really giving an argument? To my knowledge Cakez is not exactly know for his persuasion skills; it would just be burning towncred and attracting attention for basically no benefit. (Even if Lavar does survive the day there's very little chance they survive till lategame.)

(in fact if Lavar flips scum I think I might want to nuke
you
into orbit for this post because it seems like kind of a perfect bus post)
In post 972, Fey wrote:
Ydrasse with the fire tunes as usual :] I've never heard of this band before and now I want to check them out

-Reason
A hydra with no rhyme or reason.

"i wanna kill s_s but leave mena alive" ~Datisi
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 975, Rhyme and Reason wrote:(in fact if Lavar flips scum I think I might want to nuke you into orbit for this post because it seems like kind of a perfect bus post)
if you think this is how i jump onto a wagon of my buddy then i am disappointed :(
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:22 am

How would you expect me to know otherwise? I can't even think of the last time you've been scum and bussed vs me. It's probably happened, but like, even if you did it once I wouldn't expect the second time to be exactly the same as the first, so I don't know how you could ever expect me to confidently say "this is not how datisi busses".

-Reason

Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Datisi »

jumping onto a wagon of my buddy whom i previously town/nullread and had no interactions with, with a practically naked vote, WHILE saying "btw if this is scum kill this other person after!!!" is such a small brain way to bus i'm disappointed in the scumtisi you imagine
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:25 am

Post by Datisi »

actually was i scumreading lavar? for boring posts? idk doesn't matter point still stands it's a shitty af bus
~M
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:31 am

Post by SirCakez »

If I was scum here I would have dived on Lavar ages ago regardless of his alignment
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:32 am

In post 978, Datisi wrote:jumping onto a wagon of my buddy whom i previously town/nullread and had no interactions with, with a practically naked vote, WHILE saying "btw if this is scum kill this other person after!!!" is such a small brain way to bus i'm disappointed in the scumtisi you imagine
Idk, I can't really think of a more plausible way that you would do that. Like, if you've decided that Lavar's lim is inevitable, what's the alternative? The CW has basically dissolved. If you decide to be one of the ones attempting to start a CW that (a) probably doesn't work and (b) makes you look suspicious as hell when Lavar flips. The alternative to making a naked vote would be to make a case, which makes no sense given you've posted no thoughts on Lavar basically at all. And setting up the lim on Cakez is small brain as either alignment, sorry not sorry. If you think me calling your vote a bus is insulting your scum game, imagine what you're doing to his scum game by saying he's defending partner Lavar.

-Reason

Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:33 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 975, Rhyme and Reason wrote:
In post 912, Meuh wrote:Val's last 3 posts look really good to me.
ngl Val is turning out to be one of those players whose posts I just can't bring myself to read, it's really weird and I don't know why this happens. Might have to do with the structuring of the posts? After forcing myself to read them I agree with this take though.
I feel the same about Val tbh…
I’ve read his posts, but they just went into one ear and out the other. (Or one side of the brain and out the other? No clue what it would be for text :lol:)
Those 3 posts stuck out though, and I like them!
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:34 am

Post by Datisi »

(c) do absolutely nothing pretending that i'm busy (to be fair it wouldn't even be pretending because i'm currently procrastinating like 5 different things because i'm stupid) then once someone asks go "well if i was his partner i would've bussed obviously!!!!!!!1!1!!32"

ez money
~M
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 952, Prism wrote:Datisi (2) marcistar (19), LavarManos (950)
Look at this y'all
Marci is still on her page 1 vote and day 1 is almost over
She is not even really scumhunting
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 954, SirCakez wrote:
In post 950, LavarManos wrote:I'm reversing my read on marci. Everyone wanting to wagon for the sake of having dueling wagons should explain why?
VOTE: Datisi as a placeholder
This makes 0 sense if Lavar is scum like c'mon
How come? I don’t think it does anything to clear Lavar here
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

Because if Lavar is scum why does he leave the counter wagon to him and his best shot of surviving?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 984, SirCakez wrote:
In post 952, Prism wrote:Datisi (2) marcistar (19), LavarManos (950)
Look at this y'all
Marci is still on her page 1 vote and day 1 is almost over
She is not even really scumhunting
Marci is stingy with her votes, I don’t think it’s scum indicative for her.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:38 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 970, Rhyme and Reason wrote:Cakez was my first scumping the other day, I don't like his ISO when I'm looking at it now, and while I don't feel confident that Lavar is town I feel better about Cakez being scum than Lavar being scum
I would last minute lim cakez if there is interest. His confidence on reads is way too high today for me to believe it is natural.

(Doesn't hurt he has tried to shit push me for days and didn't even bother to amend that read after his catch up posts)
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:40 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 986, SirCakez wrote:Because if Lavar is scum why does he leave the counter wagon to him and his best shot of surviving?
The Marci wagon pretty clearly has much less momentum that the Lavar one. I could see the vote just be a last-ditch attempt from Lavar to save themselves.
Rhyme and Reason
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Rhyme and Reason
They
Goon
Goon

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:47 am

In post 983, Datisi wrote:(c) do absolutely nothing pretending that i'm busy (to be fair it wouldn't even be pretending because i'm currently procrastinating like 5 different things because i'm stupid) then once someone asks go "well if i was his partner i would've bussed obviously!!!!!!!1!1!!32"

ez money
Although this might work, I'd probably call it a small brain approach as well, because it does kinda depend on people not thinking about it too hard, and if people start looking for who avoided the Lavar wagon then you'd probably be pretty high on the list.
In post 988, VP Baltar wrote:I would last minute lim cakez if there is interest. His confidence on reads is way too high today for me to believe it is natural.
I may end up deferring to Mena's read here, but in the meantime... how many times have you played with town!Cakez? I think "confidence way too high to believe is natural" describes his towngame quite well.

-Reason

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:04 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 990, Rhyme and Reason wrote:I may end up deferring to Mena's read here, but in the meantime... how many times have you played with town!Cakez? I think "confidence way too high to believe is natural" describes his towngame quite well.
I wouldn't say I have a good ability to meta read cakez. I tend to defer to others on that.

When I say I'm concerned about that confidence, it's based strictly on this game and how I think general scum play tends to break down.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:13 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 940, marcistar wrote:also like if im scum ?? i fully made my datisi vote knowing that i would get backlash for doing an "rvs vote" from people who know me, which like, why do i want that?
Okay. I read this, and was felt like it was a bad arguement, becuase I did not think that marci would really purposefully not rvs vote, or really expect me to attack for it. So, I went and looked specifically at scum games of hers. (Originally I was looking at town games to see that it was in fact out of character for town her to do) -- and, scum!marci is totally self aware that she should not participate in RVS if she is trying to replicate her town game.

Spoiler:
In post 123, marcistar wrote:
In post 119, Pavowski wrote:
In post 114, Portia wrote:
In post 13, marcistar wrote:
In post 11, Pavowski wrote:Since Val and Vote both start with V and linguistic logic will not be denied
portia and pavowski both start with a p, which makes u teammates :cool: try to fight this undeniable logic
Why not vote yet in the game - do you normally not RVS.
I was wondering the same thing. Why no vote yet, Marci? You've certainly had the opportunity.
i just normally dont vote for awhile, i usually wait until theres something that feels like a good vote. ^.^ i think theres only one game i "participated in rvs" in
Subject: Mini 2228: Isekai uPick - Endgame
marcistar wrote:
In post 39, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 19, marcistar wrote:
In post 16, Lukewarm wrote:anyways

@Marci lets speed elim Cabd this game :cool:

VOTE: cabd
sure i need my revenge :twisted:
She says, but with no vote. smh
yeye gotta beat my world record :oops:

Like doubled down on NOT doing an RVS vote when I tried to prod her into doing an RVS joke thing with me.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:20 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 990, Rhyme and Reason wrote:I may end up deferring to Mena's read here, but in the meantime... how many times have you played with town!Cakez? I think "confidence way too high to believe is natural" describes his towngame quite well.
i haven't played with him but i read a bit of his games

scum, FFXIV: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87655&user_select%5B%5D=26092
town, pokemon theme: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=87795&user_select%5B%5D=26092

looking at his d1 isos, i think there's def an overconfidence in both, but to me it feels closer to his scumgame actually
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 4:51 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 993, fireisredsir wrote:

looking at his d1 isos, i think there's def an overconfidence in both, but to me it feels closer to his scumgame actually
I just read through start of his iso from both of those games, and through this one. And I frankly did not see anything that really stood out as "present in 1 but not in the other."

Can you tell me what makes you feel like it was more similar to the scum game listed or different then the town game listed?
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Bell »

In post 976, Datisi wrote:
In post 975, Rhyme and Reason wrote:(in fact if Lavar flips scum I think I might want to nuke you into orbit for this post because it seems like kind of a perfect bus post)
if you think this is how i jump onto a wagon of my buddy then i am disappointed :(
Oh, that's a town slip. Finally.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:08 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

I'm really satisfied with a lavar flip. The dip after pressure is characteristic of caught scum
I prefer they, thanks :)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:24 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 994, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 993, fireisredsir wrote:

I just read through start of his iso from both of those games, and through this one. And I frankly did not see anything that really stood out as "present in 1 but not in the other."

Can you tell me what makes you feel like it was more similar to the scum game listed or different then the town game listed?
first, obvious disclaimer that this is a 1 game sample size and i don't really think anyone should be basing a meta read off it, and i mostly was looking to see if RR's meta read of him being very confident as town was something exclusive to his towngame

but since you asked

i think its a little harder to explain than just being about confidence, so i wasn't really able to summarize it quickly. it's more a level of proactiveness that informs his confidence. in the town game, posts like this: viewtopic.php?p=13040866#p13040866. he's making an effort to make new reads, his reads are evolving due to new information, and he's taking a more active approach to the game. when he's confident, it's because he developed a read that he cares about and wants to see that through

in the scum game... tbh, looking again now, i don't find the difference to be as noticeable as i thought it was at first, but i do feel like he's more focused on responses, more forceful without the weight of a developed read to support that force, and generally i don't see as much development of his reads over time. it feels more like he finds a slot that he decides to find scummy or towny and then will call posts from that slot scummy or towny rather than having the posts themselves inform the read

the thing is that i would find that behavior scummy even if there wasn't meta involved at all, cause it's just... closer to how people tend to play scum in general. it just also happens to be something i found to be more noticeable in his scumgames
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:27 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 989, Meuh wrote:
In post 986, SirCakez wrote:Because if Lavar is scum why does he leave the counter wagon to him and his best shot of surviving?
The Marci wagon pretty clearly has much less momentum that the Lavar one. I could see the vote just be a last-ditch attempt from Lavar to save themselves.
A Datisi wagon has even less interest then Marci
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 945, SirCakez wrote:
In post 933, Gammagooey wrote:Like the only reason I could get for people voting him is that his posting is a little stilted and that his self-admitted tinfoil of Datisi & Marci being scum together is bad. Like he knows nobody's going to agree with it, that's why he said it's tinfoil, and I still think his early posts were good with him flatly saying what he thinks but being open to looking at other things/potentially being wrong about early reads.
Exactly
There's not really anything I can point to for Lavar scum but many things I can for other people scum
a relevant example from this game is right here

when gamma made the quoted post, i thought it was kinda scummy at first bc i felt like he was minimizing and dismissing the case on lavar, as if he had already come to a conclusion on it and wasn't looking at the evidence presented. so i talked to gamma about it, and he was willing to listen, read the case i had, disagreed with parts of it and agreed with parts of it, and it looked at least like he had at least some progression in his read over the course of the conversation

cakez, in contrast, comes in and quotes the original post and says exactly. it's still not true, but hey, maybe he'll read the conversation i had with gamma and that will have some impact on his read. since if he's in the same place that gamma was at the time of that quote, i would expect him to also have some sort of development when he realizes that the original statement of there being no reasons for the lavar wagon was untrue

but he didn't, at all. he just kept moving forward with the townread that he had already decided on and only commented on new information that would support that read, ignoring information that wouldn't

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”