Mini Normal 2276: Around the World - Game Over!

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Ausuka »

You didn't have to do anything right now. You've been spouting a similar sentiment for a while I'm pretty sure so you've had plenty of time.
No matter what happens, I'll be right there with you.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:17 am

Post by Ausuka »

@Crescent I agree that's not a strong answer but like, I don't think it's possible to gain a perfect understanding of everything scum does, especially on d1. I can see plenty of possibilities where she does it (I mean even disregarding the bus thing, Corwin can just be town, for example) and therefore it's not enough to dissuade me today if that makes sense.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:18 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1192, Ausuka wrote:I think I've cased Marci enough? But essentially it's that I think she's shown little actual scumhunting, and what she has shown has been incredibly shallow. She crumbles upon being pressed by Datisi about her push on him which has like pretty much no substance to it. She then makes fun of Datisi for tunneling in which in itself is the same thing as the best reason for scum Corwin imo - it comes across as if she knows datisi is town. Only after this does she then say Datisi might be town. Then, she tries to use the post saying Datisi might be town to prove that she's 're evaluating' even though she made the post after Datisi called out how shallow the read was - I think this is an example of scum changing their behaviour after getting caught to evade scumreads. It's very convenient for town Marci to suddenly come to the conclusion about the game she needed to push back against the scumreads on her. Especially since I'm pretty sure she never elaborated a thought process on her Datisi read.

Additionally, I think a lot of her posts come across as openwolfing - especially the part where she's like "you all are lazy because you scumread me" without like, actually putting in the work to advance the town wincon and push the scum who are presumably taking advantage of this laziness and/or encouraging it. Most of the stuff I said about her early game I still believe as well.

Sure, scummy people don't have to be scum. The same reasoning could be used for Corwin or anyone else. I think that Marci is the most likely player to be mafia of anyone in this list.
she also didn't really scum hunt much in eurybia's curse, she just mostly vibed
the shallow-looking re-evaluating post is something I have seen town do recently
pretty sure I did something similar to "you're all lazy for scumreading me" in eurybia's curse

the only thing that vaguely holds water fmpov is marci potentially knowing datisi is town
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:22 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean I've read her Eurybia's curse ISO and although maybe I'm missing something since I didn't read the game holistically, she definitely looked a lot better there in terms of making reads and sorting people imo.

I'm not saying she's scummy for the presence of posts that aren't sorty, I know whether a player jokes around is generally down to playstyle. I'm scumreading the absence of posts that are.

Shallow looking re evaluation is something town can do, but I think it's more likely to come from scum because of the timing. She's under pressure for the shallow consistency of the read at the time, so this comes across as a reaction to that pressure, and she pretty much immediately uses it to try and 'disprove' an accusation Datisi made against her earlier.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:23 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1197, Alexcellent wrote:Can you point me to specific examples or is it a full game encompassing thing?

I find her hard to read

Pedit— mm… that’s sort of how she plays as town. If anyone else played this way I’d be voting them, but she tends to throw shade around all day long and call lots of things scum until she decides to vote someone eventually.
I’m not saying she’s town but it’s kind of in line with how she acted on the game we just finished and she was town.
She has also said that her scum game is similar to her town game so idk

Pedit 2 - y’all talk quick, this was in response to StD
You're supposed to find me hard to read, that's the point <3

That's a very crass way of interpreting my play though. Sometimes I specifically reaction hunt and sometimes I find reasons to think people are town. Saying I sit there throwing shade all day long is a misrepresentation of my overall play. For example in this game, I had an early townlean on Marci going berserk about Shoshin because it gave me pocketed town vibes.

I also TRed someone in like, the first 40 posts of 2272, which is part of why Gamma TRed me.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

the read is still highly unconvincing
atp I'd rather you focus your efforts elsewhere aussie
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:26 am

Post by Ausuka »

I mean, you're entitled to think that. I can't make you scumread Marci. But similarly I'm not going to stop scumreading her or voting her just because you say it's unconvincing.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:31 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1138, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:
vote count 1.12

with 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to make a decision. day 1 ends in (expired on 2022-07-12 12:00:00).

yeet
Corwinoid[5]:
Scamper, Save the Dragons, Datisi, Gamma Emerald, Freedom
Marcistar[2]:
Ausuka, Alexcellent
Alexcellent[2]:
Roden, JohnnyFarrar
Datisi[1]:
Marcistar
Scamper[1]:
Corwinoid

Not Voting[2]:
Crescent, Bellaphant

mod note
Bellaphant is VLA until Monday
Alexcellent is VLA Tuesday - Thursday

FlavorImage
other than Alex and Datisi, who do you think you can get to vote marci?
<Embrace The Void>

Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Crescent »

In post 1184, Save The Dragons wrote:i was pushing corwin before it was cool
Oh and if you wanna bring up 2273 - I town read you virtually the entire game, and I was right.

I'm not town reading you here.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:32 am

Post by Crescent »

Why the hell is an STD quote in that post

How did that happen
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:36 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1207, Gamma Emerald wrote:other than Alex and Datisi, who do you think you can get to vote marci?
I mean, who knows? Reads change all the time. Maybe Roden, Johnny, Bella, scamper?

More to the point, I don't actually particularly mind if Corwin is the Lim today rn and I'm not making an effort to fight that wagon, I've said that I understand the reasons behind it. I'm simply pushing Marci because she's my strongest scumread and I want to make sure she's at the very least one of the first people we look at d2.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:39 am

Post by Alexcellent »

In post 1208, Crescent wrote:
Oh and if you wanna bring up 2273 - I town read you virtually the entire game, and I was right.

That’s okay, everyone’s wrong sometimes :cool:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1211, Alexcellent wrote:

bruh
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:42 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1188, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 1185, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 1028, Save The Dragons wrote:{crescent, corwinoid, johny} game solved gg mic drop
i'm feeling this so hard right now
I can see 2/3, can you sell me on Crescent?
In post 1197, Alexcellent wrote:Can you point me to specific examples or is it a full game encompassing thing?

I find her hard to read

Pedit— mm… that’s sort of how she plays as town. If anyone else played this way I’d be voting them, but she tends to throw shade around all day long and call lots of things scum until she decides to vote someone eventually.
I’m not saying she’s town but it’s kind of in line with how she acted on the game we just finished and she was town.
She has also said that her scum game is similar to her town game so idk

Pedit 2 - y’all talk quick, this was in response to StD

weird progression on StD vs. Crescent
I don't rlly think it's scum-indicative (unless I opt to believe Alex is acting on knowledge that they're both town) but felt it should be called out
<Embrace The Void>

Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:43 am

Post by Ausuka »

alex locktown tbh
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:44 am

Post by Alexcellent »

:lol:
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:47 am

Post by Crescent »

Alex feels inauthentic compared to how he felt in 2273. He was wishy washy, yes, but he vibed like he was actually trying to solve the game. His comments felt more credible and more reasoned out. I don't recall him essentially naked voting and then overreacting when he gets pressured for it. I don't recall him being lazy and just going after inactives. It doesn't feel like he's really hunting very much.

Comments like that are only further my overall feeling of inauthenticity.

Also I gotta drivd.
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:48 am

Post by Crescent »

Oh and I said Gera felt totally different in 2273 than he did in 2272.

Scum in 2273, town in 2272.
Alexcellent
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Alexcellent
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:54 am

Post by Alexcellent »

Crescent is proooobably town, I just get paranoid of players like her

Atm I’m probably leaning towards a Corwin vote but think it’s only fair to see what else he has to say before voting there
Honestly though I’m in the camp of kind of being okay with either launch

Pedit - I’m not Gera.

D1 last game I saw Elsa acting openly scummy so I was more proactive. This game I’m a bit lost. I generally don’t do well unless something jumps out to me as horribly scummy, or until there are some flips I can refer to.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1142, Alexcellent wrote:
In post 1141, Crescent wrote:
In post 1126, Alexcellent wrote:Probs been pointed out already, but kind of weird to me that Marci has been saying she's up for a Corwin wagon for a fair bit: and all imply a scum read and willingness to launch him but now there's a wagon on him and she isn't joining it.
Also worth noting Corwin seems averse to a Marci wagon.
Bad post. He already has 5 votes. Marci joining would be poor play.
… You know what her alignment is?
i think corwin and marci are not scum/scum based on this

mostly because, if they are scum together, then marci was planning to distance from corwin. probably because it was agreed in scumchat that he's likely to die early so they went with it. but you'd expect that once there's a wagon on corwin, she'd so what was being planned and actually... hype it up and join it? because not doing so literally defeats the whole point of the bus?

like, if she's hoping the pressure passes on its own, and even if it does, he's likely to die anyway, and then she looks worse due to the fact she distanced early

not a fan of this conclusion myself since, if i'm right, it means i am going wrong with townreading someone, but it is what it is.
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Crescent »

Which is an interesting concept - The idea of the pressure passing on it's own. Corwin hasn't posted in ~22 hours (his longest gap between his posts in the entire game) immediately following his explosion at Scamper.

Mostly what's happened since as far as "pressure" goes.. Are the embers of the push on Marci occasionally flaring up. It is not a particularly uncommon scum strategy to go into hiding and hope a town gets bored and overthinks their vote on you, but Marci is effectively the only other player who has any momentum here. I feel like there really isn't any endgame here if they're both scum. It doesn't help either of their causes at all.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:05 am

Post by scamper »

In post 1090, Roden wrote:Corwin mentioned in the hood that they're separating themself from the game for a bit, partially because of Crescent but also because IRL stuff happened apparently.

They're also accusing Crescent of playing the complete opposite as she did when she was town in the Mini that got brought up. So uh, basically a "no u" argument.
i missed this in the flurry of when it was posted but...

why is he saying this stuff in the hood, and not in the main thread?
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:26 am

Post by scamper »

i am looking at 2273 now and noticing corwin was more forthcoming with his thoughts in that game and his reads had some semblance of actual depth to them, it wasnt just stuff like "these posts feel good" or "this feels like manufactured anger", the stuff he says seems to actually make sense

and now im remembering he originally attacked me because i was voting marci...
Crescent
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Crescent
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Crescent »

Have to drive again in a bit but yeah I kinda forgot that's why he attacked you.

Everyone he attacked early in 2273 was specifically someone who voted for him first, but you hit the nail on the head on something I alluded to earlier - There was some level of sense and rationale to his posts, poor as they were, that simply does not feel present in this game. He was never passive when he had something to say. He shades Vivax like 15 times before voting him on day 1 and all the posts are awful, but you can at least see an actual progression. I've never seen anything resembling progression from him in this game.
scamper
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
scamper
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Wed Jul 06, 2022 8:36 am

Post by scamper »

i kind of am seeing a similar abrasiveness in response to pressure though, so idk

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”