Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:36 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

In post 1374, Save The Dragons wrote: i dunno. cakez is tricky. i was pretty sure he was scum in legends of business but i was wrong there. im trying to see if theres anything different about his play and if anything he feels slightly more present but still not like exerting thread control or being the main poster
I feel like I'm going to have a hard time reading cakez this game because I had a cakez read in my grasp and then the whole OOG AtE thing happened and it ate my WIM and all the pressure on that slot and now people are just townbinning it and I'm not sure that's a good idea but I literally can't commit to pushing the slot because of what happened because I don't want to destroy my WIM again, and on top of that it might be kind of like, biased on my part to see scum there given everything so.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:36 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1373, Datisi wrote:
In post 1370, SirCakez wrote: just tell me what you want to say here you obviously have something in mind
you're pointing out my low engagement as scum-indicative. with the idea being - townies have high engagement, scum has low engagement.

i have been known to tryhard both as town and as scum. so that nice and clean dichotomy is not applicable to me.

so i am asking your thoughts on my slot, with that info in mind.
okay well if this is the case I need to figure out why you are playing this way this game. What is the motivation (or lack of)? Why are you playing this way?
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 1375, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1374, Save The Dragons wrote: i dunno. cakez is tricky. i was pretty sure he was scum in legends of business but i was wrong there. im trying to see if theres anything different about his play and if anything he feels slightly more present but still not like exerting thread control or being the main poster
I feel like I'm going to have a hard time reading cakez this game because I had a cakez read in my grasp and then the whole OOG AtE thing happened and it ate my WIM and all the pressure on that slot and now people are just townbinning it and I'm not sure that's a good idea but I literally can't commit to pushing the slot because of what happened because I don't want to destroy my WIM again, and on top of that it might be kind of like, biased on my part to see scum there given everything so.
You can push me I'm not going to get upset again (not like you need permission but ya don't want you to feel bad)
I was frustrated at the way the game opened earlier because it felt like you were pushing me over literally nothing and repeating a general site pattern I've been in. If you have some real reasons then I wanna hear them.
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:37 am

Post by furtiveglance »

I don't think meowth's recent list is particularly bad, although I did scumread him earlier.

It's hard to see UNOwen and meowth as aligned at the moment, and I prefer voting UNOwen.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:40 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1376, SirCakez wrote: Why are you playing this way?
because in the last few games, i've consistently been losing my shit, and i'm trying to chill this game?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:41 am

Post by SirCakez »

hm okay
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:44 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

@furtive below is my 30 second analysis of meowth's readlist, please let me know if i'm out of line for thinking these thoughts or if you still think this is a valid readslist
In post 1338, meowth wrote: furtiveglance - mixed signals at the moment, not null, just some things i like but a couple holding me back from a full town read
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:pookythemagicalbear - so far there is nothing that absolutely couldnt be scum pooky, but he will sort himself eventually. just going to assume town until i have evidence to the contrary
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:datisi - feeling town for reasons already described

bingle - leaning town as i think most of the reads he gave are reasonablep
okay fine
In post 1338, meowth wrote:sleepykrew - i dont remember anything sleepy has done
no read here?
In post 1338, meowth wrote:actiondan - town read from our limited interaction
doesn't explain why
In post 1338, meowth wrote:enchant - i am very interested in applying pressure here tomorrow. im not scum reading anything enchant has done in particular but the votes make me very suspicious. i am very curious to see what happens at night
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:ausuka - ill be interested in going back and looking at all the interactions with ausuka after we have some flips, but there are a couple things that make me think she is more likely to be town than not
like what
In post 1338, meowth wrote:save the dragons - scummy entrance into the thread, thinking scum with unowen is very possible
like what, why
In post 1338, meowth wrote:guiltylion - likely town imo, i do feel like gl is actually trying to sort me as opposed to how unowen is going about interacting with me
fine
In post 1338, meowth wrote:lld - has done nothing of note, which i think is nai as either alignment. same approach as with pooky, town for now
lolwut
In post 1338, meowth wrote:herta - waiting for catchup, no real thoughts at the moment. easiest way to sort herta at the moment is for someone to tell me if scum herta declares treasurer or not.
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:unowen - scummy for reasons discussed, plus providing basically no content since then except attacking me to try to slow their own wagon.
is this even true
In post 1338, meowth wrote:sircakez - theres nothing i have seen from cakez i particularly dislike, going to give him space to get going.
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:bloodb0t - i didnt like , like really really didnt like, but dont feel like pushing a pr is likely to go anywhere and id rather focus on unowen at the moment
this one is fine
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:48 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Spoiler: @STD
In post 1381, Save The Dragons wrote: @furtive below is my 30 second analysis of meowth's readlist, please let me know if i'm out of line for thinking these thoughts or if you still think this is a valid readslist
In post 1338, meowth wrote: furtiveglance - mixed signals at the moment, not null, just some things i like but a couple holding me back from a full town read
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:pookythemagicalbear - so far there is nothing that absolutely couldnt be scum pooky, but he will sort himself eventually. just going to assume town until i have evidence to the contrary
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:datisi - feeling town for reasons already described

bingle - leaning town as i think most of the reads he gave are reasonablep
okay fine
In post 1338, meowth wrote:sleepykrew - i dont remember anything sleepy has done
no read here?
In post 1338, meowth wrote:actiondan - town read from our limited interaction
doesn't explain why
In post 1338, meowth wrote:enchant - i am very interested in applying pressure here tomorrow. im not scum reading anything enchant has done in particular but the votes make me very suspicious. i am very curious to see what happens at night
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:ausuka - ill be interested in going back and looking at all the interactions with ausuka after we have some flips, but there are a couple things that make me think she is more likely to be town than not
like what
In post 1338, meowth wrote:save the dragons - scummy entrance into the thread, thinking scum with unowen is very possible
like what, why
In post 1338, meowth wrote:guiltylion - likely town imo, i do feel like gl is actually trying to sort me as opposed to how unowen is going about interacting with me
fine
In post 1338, meowth wrote:lld - has done nothing of note, which i think is nai as either alignment. same approach as with pooky, town for now
lolwut
In post 1338, meowth wrote:herta - waiting for catchup, no real thoughts at the moment. easiest way to sort herta at the moment is for someone to tell me if scum herta declares treasurer or not.
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:unowen - scummy for reasons discussed, plus providing basically no content since then except attacking me to try to slow their own wagon.
is this even true
In post 1338, meowth wrote:sircakez - theres nothing i have seen from cakez i particularly dislike, going to give him space to get going.
wtf does this even mean
In post 1338, meowth wrote:bloodb0t - i didnt like , like really really didnt like, but dont feel like pushing a pr is likely to go anywhere and id rather focus on unowen at the moment
this one is fine

I'll just reply in the quote I think - I have a lot to say about this:

Spoiler: meowth
made you look

But seriously, everything should be judged in its own context. These reads only lack explanation because you expect it, if you see what I mean. Some of the statements about re-reading after flips and stuff sounded a bit weird, but I think it's possible that this is how a town thinks. I could vote meowth though.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 4:59 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1365, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 1363, SirCakez wrote:
In post 1355, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I'm also fine with Ausaka being pushed because that slot reeks to high heaven.
why? StD said the same thing but no one is explaining it and I would like it if it was bc Ausuka is one of my few TRs this game.
The slot is hyper passive. It says nothing of note, it does nothing to shape the game. It feels like to me, the slot is trying to coast along and say ENOUGH THINGS TO LIVE.

Which isn't townie. Townies don't think that way. Townies actually hunt.

the Meowth question was weird, the UNOwen discussion was listless.

Ausaka reads like a scum who is trying to coast through the game unseen and now that they are seen they're trying to get enough people to town read them on tone to not die.

But they just aren't actually SAYING anything.
lol ok
Reach for my hand, I'll soar away into the dawn
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:01 am

Thank you for proving my point better than I could even begin to state it.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:02 am

Post by Ausuka »

Please kill lld and STD after I die

Bye
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:04 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1384, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Thank you for proving my point better than I could even begin to state it.
Ooh how clever
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:06 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1385, Ausuka wrote: Please kill lld and STD after I die

Bye
This seems like a bit of a non-sequitur, how did you get to this extreme statement after a bit of beef?
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:07 am

Post by Ausuka »

because I'm so weak and passive obviously
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:07 am

so it's bitterness about being caught when those comments are about a playstyle you're adapting that you're turning into a personal attack because...?

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:08 am

Post by SirCakez »

Bye
Yeah +1 to furtive, this seems over the top
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:13 am

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

VOTE: meowth

I think Bingle is probably the best person at mech on the entire site and he enjoys solving mech optimal play for town regardless of his alignment. [as in he will literally as scum point out the best way for town to play optimally

I have given up on reading him because I've been basically wrong on him every time I have ever remembered reading him.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:14 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1387, furtiveglance wrote:

Bye
This seems like a bit of a non-sequitur, how did you get to this extreme statement after a bit of beef?
Come on surely you don't believe that

"I want to see ausaka respond to pressure" as if I haven't had to be defending myself from absolute bullshit the entire game

Or does pressure only count when I'm being called weak or something
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:15 am

Post by furtiveglance »

Who called you weak? I think I missed that
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:16 am

Post by Ausuka »

Clearly for whatever reason either I'm an easy target this game or people have been provoking me intentionally

Well congrats you got what you wanted well done
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:17 am

Post by Datisi »

still thinking nothing actually productive comes from pushing/poking ausuka this way
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Ausuka
Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Ausuka
she/her
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:18 am

Post by Ausuka »

In post 1356, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I want to see Bingle pressure response that isn't "I wish we had talked this out days ago" because that felt like disengaging me instead of letting me drive him into the dirt.

I want to see Meowth response because that reads list is self contradictory and feels very faked.

I want to see Ausaka response to pressure because their posting feels passive and weak, like they're engaging only with comfortable things and barely giving anything.

Additionally the Ausaka asking Meowth a question they had barely answered themselves thing was ???

I want to see Cakez under pressure because short circuiting all the pressure I had on them in an attempt to read them early with an OOG AtE made me want to give them space but also straight up killed my WIM and feels like a move scum could use.

I want to see STD under pressure because Nono's posting was garbage and STD's entry was essentially a bunch of one liners giving random opinions and never having to actually engage.
It's this post and I think it really can only come from someone who hasn't been paying attention and is looking for an easy target because holy shit
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:19 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 1395, Datisi wrote: still thinking nothing actually productive comes from pushing/poking ausuka this way
Not what I intended to do
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:19 am

Can we just kill Ausuka then? Because I don't want to have to be in a game with this.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:19 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 1397, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 1395, Datisi wrote: still thinking nothing actually productive comes from pushing/poking ausuka this way
Not what I intended to do
it wasn't aimed solely at you either
~M

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”