Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 373, Black wrote: In fact I'll go so far as to say the only reason to suggest a gambit like that D1 on a gut read is to gain town points. And who would want to gain town points more than anyone? Scum
In post 424, osuka wrote: this is dumb.

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
Alianna
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Alianna
She/Her
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Death by 1000 Pagetops
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:00 pm

Post by Alianna »

Votecount 1.11

Black (E-2): Kokichi Oma, HighPrincessErinys, usesPython, biancospino, osuka
usesPython (2): Oclaxian Empire, The Bulge
Doctor Drew (1): furtiveglance
biancospino (1): Doctor Drew
Malakittens (1): IceDragon70
furtiveglance (1): Aureal
Kokichi Oma (1): Black

Not Voting (1): Malakittens

With 13 players alive, it takes 7 votes to secure an execution.

The day deadline is in (expired on 2023-04-20 18:48:28).
I townread Alianna.

Post #1000s Collected: 25
On hiatus from playing mafia.
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:01 pm

Post by osuka »

how did you like THAT snipe alianna

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by Alianna on Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I would also like to reiterate my claim that Osuka is sort of obviously town" - rc about scumsuka
"don't tell anyone, but there's a reason why you're one of my favourite people to mod for" - datisi
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:02 pm

Post by osuka »

i _almost want_ to find a reason to townread black on the basis of town who legitimately got tilted and fucking gave up because she feels like she's being pushed for reasons she legitimately believes are unfair because i've been there and iirc i sounded vaguely like that, just with a lot more expletives

but i can't find any

Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:27 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Osuka, since you are here, what do you make of HPE threatening to jump of Black and back onto me?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:44 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 423, osuka wrote:
In post 366, Black wrote: It's not a great theory and almost impossible to prove, but it's a thought I had when thinking about who scum might be on my wagon and why they would want me limmed over meta
if you're town, and that's a big if, this is exceptionally narrow thinking. why would you restrict yourself to scumhunting people who are in your wagon AND wanting to exec you over meta? there's nothing objectively wrong or intrinsically AI about either of those things so you're almost completely pulverizing any chance you have of getting anything substantial right out of the gate

That's one of those things that's easy to criticize as suboptimal but actually feels nai to kind of towny to me. Expecting town to play optimally is expecting far too much. What's actually going to happen in a lot of cases is people are going to focus on what they know most about- themselves, and thus the wagon on them. Who is better qualified to talk about you than yourself?

Also, your argument is taking Black's words and putting meaning into them that just isn't there. Black expressing a theory about why scum might want to wagon her is not in any way "restricting" herself to scumhunting people in her wagon. This actually feels really similiar to an annoying argument I had when I was getting wagoned in another game and talked about it being natural to scumhunt in the wagon and someone then tried to accuse me of hypocrisy for not scumhunting him as someone on the wagon... :?

In other words, I think you're unfairly painting Black into a corner here. I don't like this wagon anymore- this reasoning is particularly suspect and I worry that Black is kinda getting the same treatment I got when setting foot outside the Newbie Queue- people jumping around going "omgscum!" just based on feels. I've been on the receiving end of many a bad wagon like that. :neutral:
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 1:50 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 399, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 395, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Mmh, this one isn't too super sure how it feels about this wagon as a whole. Might just head over to the Drew wagon since materializing and calling for others to join a bianco wagon still leaves a bad taste in its mouth.
I thought, and still do think, that Bianco has a high probability of being scum. You can disagree with me on that read, but why wouldn't I want a wagon on a scum read?
Can you atleast elaborate on why bianco feels scummy to you?
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:36 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 431, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 395, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Mmh, this one isn't too super sure how it feels about this wagon as a whole. Might just head over to the Drew wagon since materializing and calling for others to join a bianco wagon still leaves a bad taste in its mouth.
I thought, and still do think, that Bianco has a high probability of being scum. You can disagree with me on that read, but why wouldn't I want a wagon on a scum read?
Going after someone they know can be elim bait, very wifomy and shallow defense when I questioned it, then discrediting my questions to you as dumb and crazy when Black was the one to bring up the questions(specifically her insistence that you take forever to vote).

I generally default to town reading Bianco right off the bat, but this Bianco is different.
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 2:37 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

Also HPE, probably got buried, but wanted to make sure you saw this and wondered your thoughts.
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:10 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 432, Doctor Drew wrote:
Going after someone they know can be elim bait, very wifomy and shallow defense when I questioned it, then discrediting my questions to you as dumb and crazy when Black was the one to bring up the questions(specifically her insistence that you take forever to vote).

I generally default to town reading Bianco right off the bat, but this Bianco is different.

Hmmm. You've played a lot with bianco, then? I'm kind of surprised. What do you think of bianco's turn against Black?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum

Mafia Scum

Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:16 pm

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 433, Doctor Drew wrote:
Also HPE, probably got buried, but wanted to make sure you saw this and wondered your thoughts.
Not really anything on that post in particular because yeah fair vote your scumreads, which is why this one asked you
why
you scumread them.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 435, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 433, Doctor Drew wrote:
Not really anything on that post in particular because yeah fair vote your scumreads, which is why this one asked you
why
you scumread them.
Ok, just wasn't sure if you saw that post. Makes sense in retrospect why you asked to explain my read though lol.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 3:43 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 434, Aureal wrote:
In post 432, Doctor Drew wrote:

Hmmm. You've played a lot with bianco, then? I'm kind of surprised. What do you think of bianco's turn against Black?
Is weak reasoning(again), seems a bit of wagon hopping as well.
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:56 pm

Post by Black »

@osuka

- I think meta probably works best as a supporting argument, and not something I would use as the only reason to lockscum someone. Especially in this situation where it's a read based off of one game. There are so many factors not related to alignment that could make someone play differently between two games

I still don't even understand the meta argument to begin with and Kokichi has just been posting "you're scum" over and over again so it makes sense for me to be slightly frustrated over it
In post 422, osuka wrote: so now you're targeting someone else in the wagon because the python push didn't stick?
I was voting python for one hour, I would argue I didn't even give it time to stick. I changed my mind about who seemed the scummiest in the push and voted accordingly
In post 423, osuka wrote: why would you restrict yourself to scumhunting people who are in your wagon AND wanting to exec you over meta?
I'm not. That was just the thing that was happening at the time and I gained some SRs from it
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Black
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Black
she/her
Twilight Princess
Twilight Princess

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:08 pm

Post by Black »

In post 428, osuka wrote: i _almost want_ to find a reason to townread black on the basis of town who legitimately got tilted and fucking gave up
I didn't get tilted or give up, and tbh I don't really care if you tr me
I scumread Alianna.

ALL HAIL THE SCUM QUEEN!
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:17 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 439, Black wrote:
In post 428, osuka wrote: i _almost want_ to find a reason to townread black on the basis of town who legitimately got tilted and fucking gave up
I didn't get tilted or give up, and tbh I don't really care if you tr me
You do seem to care since you have responded trying to defend yourself.

Also, I have caught scum purely based off meta I have had with that person. Again, seems like you are upset that you are caught for reasons that you don't like.
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 61, biancospino wrote:
In post 59, Kokichi Oma wrote:
In post 51, biancospino wrote: VOTE: Dragon
not random
Good, no more RVS. Why?
I believe others made it clear already, but leaves a bit of an unpleasant taste. It's latching to Aureal's question in a sly fashion. And weakly reframing the question as an accusation
Well that's one way to look at it.

I do think it's a bit scummy to unvote because it makes conversation lose momentum, especially when the unvote comes from being the third voter on an RVS wagon. It felt like a way to avoid attention.
Of course it was pretty weak, but that's because we were still in RVS back then.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:08 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 87, usesPython wrote: Also don't really get how people are reading Dragons vote as RVS?
In post 45, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 30, Aureal wrote:
In post 26, Malakittens wrote: UNVOTE: drew Bear

What's with all the unvotes?
Good point.
VOTE: Mala
Like the Aureal post was already kinda semi-serious so "Good point" + vote seems even more serious than semi-serious?

-A
It's semi-serious, i.e. It's not a joke, but I don't have a strong read on Mala or something.
Feelin' frosty
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:09 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 94, usesPython wrote:
In post 91, The Bulge wrote: but i also dont like/understand why u have such strong assumptions about the thoughts behind a post that is two words long by someone you're not even sure of their main
Eh, this can be solved pretty easily. IceDragon70 is your main DragonEater70?

-C
Of course.
Feelin' frosty
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:06 pm

Post by Aureal »

Oh, forgot to do this.
In post 398, osuka wrote:
In post 99, Oclaxian Empire wrote: VOTE: python

i strongly dislike ur reason of “this person might be an alt of X”

quit main hunting.
this is a bad post for reasons that shall remain obscured until someone explicitly asks me about them

*explicitly asks about them*

In post 437, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 434, Aureal wrote: Hmmm. You've played a lot with bianco, then? I'm kind of surprised. What do you think of bianco's turn against Black?

Yeah, there's something kind of fuzzy about the logic and I'm not quite putting my finger on it right now. That vote and Python's willingness to sheep Kokichi's meta read after remembering the one game we played with Black had her as mafia are both sticking out to me as particularly fishy. Not really feeling the furtive vote that much anymore, though it'd be nice if he'd do a little more, so how about a VOTE: usesPython.
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:23 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

In post 157, usesPython wrote: Like I'll absolutely meta Dragon for diverging from my mental model of him because the divergence happened at the skill level and not the playstyle level

-A
What I don't understand is where did you even get that mental image because IIRC we've never played together?

Also while I did create this alt to play differently when paying on it, I do admit to signing up to this game with this alt specifically for the joke.
Feelin' frosty
usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:24 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 445, IceDragon70 wrote:
In post 157, usesPython wrote: Like I'll absolutely meta Dragon for diverging from my mental model of him because the divergence happened at the skill level and not the playstyle level

-A
What I don't understand is where did you even get that mental image because IIRC we've never played together?

Also while I did create this alt to play differently when paying on it, I do admit to signing up to this game with this alt specifically for the joke.
I spectate the newbie queue

-A
In post 444, Aureal wrote:
In post 437, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 434, Aureal wrote: Hmmm. You've played a lot with bianco, then? I'm kind of surprised. What do you think of bianco's turn against Black?

Yeah, there's something kind of fuzzy about the logic and I'm not quite putting my finger on it right now. That vote and Python's willingness to sheep Kokichi's meta read after remembering the one game we played with Black had her as mafia are both sticking out to me as particularly fishy. Not really feeling the furtive vote that much anymore, though it'd be nice if he'd do a little more, so how about a VOTE: usesPython.
Elaborate on the fishyness

-A
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more
IceDragon70
IceDragon70
He
Goon
IceDragon70
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:25 pm

Post by IceDragon70 »

Okay I tried to post in catchup style but I feel it's gonna take too long to cover over 10 pages.
So I am just gonna ISO the 3-4 players that stuck out the most for me and see whichever of them I wanna vote now.
If ya'll want to point me to a specific development or post feel free to do it though.
Feelin' frosty
osuka
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
osuka
he/him/his
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:29 pm

Post by osuka »

In post 429, Doctor Drew wrote: Osuka, since you are here, what do you make of HPE threatening to jump of Black and back onto me?
ha sorry i fucked off to play videogames

i don't really know where to put hpe. i'll look at it again tomorrow with a fresh perspective and get back to you, don't let me forget

usesPython
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
usesPython
They/Them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Wed Apr 12, 2023 8:30 pm

Post by usesPython »

In post 447, IceDragon70 wrote: Okay I tried to post in catchup style but I feel it's gonna take too long to cover over 10 pages.
So I am just gonna ISO the 3-4 players that stuck out the most for me and see whichever of them I wanna vote now.
If ya'll want to point me to a specific development or post feel free to do it though.
(explained in ) and (for the start of the black push) are the big stuff that happened since then

for mech info
Plural | Nameless (They/He) and Alice (She/Her) and C (They/Them) and more

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”