Micro 1085: Even/Odd Killers [GAME OVER]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:46 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Votecount 1.10

Appearance (3) - Thestatusquo, Merlyn, Roden
Thestatusquo (2) - Donempire, sheepsaysmeep
donempire (2) - fireisredsir, Datisi
Roden (1) - Deltabreedy

Not voting (1) - Appearance

(expired on 2023-07-05 18:05:27) remain until day end

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 to reach a majority.

Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
sheepsaysmeep
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
sheepsaysmeep
he
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 6:48 am

Post by sheepsaysmeep »

In post 258, Roden wrote: I'm really liking Don's recent posts, especially 254.
can u talk a bit more about this I dont see it
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:08 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Thoughts in order on a quick buzz-through:
In post 41, Merlyn wrote:
In post 36, Thestatusquo wrote: We're not out of Rvs.
I feel like when someone places a vote for real, we're out of rvs, yes?
I don't like how Merlyn skirted over someone going to E-1 here.

I kinda vibe with Shea's #57. It would, in fact, have been very funny. And informative.
In post 59, Datisi wrote:
In post 57, Thestatusquo wrote: If someone lol hammers it would probably be way more informative than what usually happens on page 2 of a game and would also be very funny.
we lose a full day, then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny and then we lose TWO days and no

i'm not mad i've gotten used to everyone always wanting to power yeet me
Datisi's #59 disregards by omission the possibility of hitting scum or SK with a powerlim on Sheep.

Datisi/Sheep team? It's Datisi's moving of their vote that hopped us off of E-1, but then went for Merlyn over Shea. Why was this?

Didn't really vibe with Appearence's first few posts, but the retraction in #100 mitigates that I think?

Not sure how I feel about Sheep & Shea's hopping onto it there but we move. #102 at first glance feels like a good post but feels a bit too obvious of a thing to jump on?

Not sure where the townreads of Roden come from just after this

Sheep makes a really good point in #133 - and it's something that I've kind of been thinking as I go through as well. Merlyn is like 10 posts deep at this point, but isn't saying much at all. #136 against Appearance doesn't really include any real reason to scumread them.

Fire spells it out for me in #140: '
the general wagon kinda feels like a jumping on a slight awkwardness of phrasing things that imo is nai
'

I do understand why Merlyn may be aggrieved and the reaction feels more genuine than forced. As misplaced as the accusation of making it up may be and the whole modnote thing too - it does feel like genuine frustration.

#170 speaks to me. Shea's my top townread as of this point.

#205 I agree with my slot (Hi Black!). Datisi, on a re-read is the most constant person that I've scumread the whole way through.

VOTE: Datisi

#254 This is the first real argument against Appearance that has really spoken to me. Good post imo.

---

Readslist

-
Town

Me

Shea
- Vibes, feels scumhunty and has the willingness and energy to drive content and arguments.

Don
- Felt like a bit of driftwood up until the argument on Appearance, which did have a bit of an effect on me. More town than Roden, less town than Shea for me.

Roden
- Weird one this, I get the sense that they aren't adding a whole amount. I've just read the game, right - and I can't recall one post, just a general unease with the slot.
Fire
- Feels a bit happy to townread folks on a whim, and the arguments so far don't really have any sway on me or my thoughts so far.
Sheep
- I don't think they came off as well as they could have done earlier in the game.

Appearance
- Another odd one - I get the sense that Appearance is playing for friends than playing to find scum? I agree with Don's argument and it'd be a flip of a coin to see them drop below Merlyn. Of all the slots I think this one is most likely to be the SK.
Merlyn
- I think the page 2 avoidance of addressing the E-1, combined with what has felt like at times some quite drifty/actively lurky gameplay plus the arguably bad-faith argument with Appearance maybe felt just a bit too much off the mark. It seemed genuine when I read it but on reflection (and I won't edit the above, so as to show my thought process), the whole exchange felt a bit confrontational as opposed to genuine belief that Appearance was scum.

Datisi
- Most consistent scumread. I've not felt that Datisi's contributions lead much in the way towards scumhunting - I feel like the intent just isn't there and I'm keen to see this slot go today.
-
Scum

In post 272, Deltabreedy wrote: Catching up quickly now.
*snip*
Pfft -
quickly
Refer to me as 'Delta' or 'Tom'. Cheers! |
'Black, if you're scum, I'll eat my shoe.'
Never forget

Regular V/LA Wednesday evenings and Thursday all day (UTC+1)
|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:09 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 276, sheepsaysmeep wrote:
Echoing this to an extent. I do see it, but I would like to see what you're liking in 254, and if it adjusts your thought process.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Pronoun: it/he

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:47 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 277, Deltabreedy wrote: Datisi's #59 disregards by omission the possibility of hitting scum or SK with a powerlim on Sheep.
what? i specifically said in the post that i don't think it's be a good move even if we hit scum with a quick yeet there
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 277, Deltabreedy wrote: Datisi/Sheep team? It's Datisi's moving of their vote that hopped us off of E-1, but then went for Merlyn over Shea.
Why was this?
what is this question asking?
I will straight up disregard all reason if you have a PR dream again. You can come back and be like, “I dreamt that Locke is a N2 Bulletproof Multitasking Cop and Self-Targeting Doctor,” and I will go, “Okay, Locke kill it is then.”
~M
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 59, Full Post wrote: *Snip*
we lose a full day, then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny and then we lose TWO days and no
*Snip*
No, you didn't.

You said we lose a full day today, then everything after that point refers to the D2 lim. I've highlighted it below:
In post 59, Reference to today's (D1) Lim wrote: *Snip*
we lose a full day,
*Snip*
No mention of scumhood here
And then
In post 59, Reference to D2 Lim wrote: *Snip*
then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny
and then we lose TWO days
and no
*Snip*
You completely disregarded the possibility of the lim hitting scum by virtue of saying that 2 days would be wasted which struck me as scummy.

Suggesting by omission that they aren't scum suggested to me a level of knowledge about the game. Can't be an SK with that level of knowledge about the game so has to be scum IMO.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:02 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 280, Datisi wrote:
In post 277, Deltabreedy wrote: Datisi/Sheep team? It's Datisi's moving of their vote that hopped us off of E-1, but then went for Merlyn over Shea.
Why was this?
Why did you go for Merlyn over Shea?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:24 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 281, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 59, Full Post wrote: *Snip*
*Snip*
No, you didn't.

You said we lose a full day today, then everything after that point refers to the D2 lim. I've highlighted it below:
In post 59, Reference to today's (D1) Lim wrote: *Snip*
we lose a full day,
*Snip*
No mention of scumhood here
And then
In post 59, Reference to D2 Lim wrote: *Snip*
then tomorrow we yeet that person and either they're scum (which like, meh) or it's a townie who wanted to be funny
and then we lose TWO days
and no
*Snip*
You completely disregarded the possibility of the lim hitting scum by virtue of saying that 2 days would be wasted which struck me as scummy.

Suggesting by omission that they aren't scum suggested to me a level of knowledge about the game. Can't be an SK with that level of knowledge about the game so has to be scum IMO.
oh, i see what you mean now. i was responding to shea's there, which says that
In post 57, Thestatusquo wrote: If someone lol hammers it would probably be way more informative than what usually happens on page 2 of a game
it would be informative - i figured the assumption was made that the person getting lolhammered would flip green (because if they were red, then any sort of information about the lolhammerer kind of pales in comparison to actually having a red flip), and the "it would be informative" surely wasn't talking about the person potentially getting hammered because we'd know their alignment soon enough

also, i've never seen scum getting lolhammered on page 2, but i have seen town getting lolhammered on page two. so i would be making the assumption that, if anyone does get hammered on page 2, it's going to be a townie
~M
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:25 am

Post by Datisi »

and, technically speaking: even if i were scum, i still cannot have the level of knowledge to know whether the quickhammer on day 1 is going to flip town or not, so ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
~M
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:26 am

Post by Roden »

Don was a bit of a non-entity until that string of posts, but it didn't feel like a "oh shit I need to start posting content before I get called out on it" moment to me. I feel like they were just hanging back a bit until a few things came up they could hone in on. I generally agree with their takes, and 254 specifically was very well-worded and explained things that were sitting in my brain that I couldn't quite organize into words and hadn't seen anyone else post either.
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 282, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 280, Datisi wrote:
Why was this?
Why did you go for Merlyn over Shea?

explained in

(if your next question is "but why did you not vote for shea, the answer is whatever shea had done up to that point i found less scummy than the vibes i had on merlyn)
~M
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:33 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 284, Datisi wrote: and, technically speaking: even if i were scum, i still cannot have the level of knowledge to know whether the quickhammer on day 1 is going to flip town or not, so ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
This is a non-sequitur - you would know whether or not it would flip scum which is the key distinction.

Would it flip town? Maybe. Would it flip SK? Maybe. But the thing that you avoided was that chance of it flipping scum, that's where the omission occurs and that's why I think its scummy.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:34 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 285, Roden wrote:
Don was a bit of a non-entity until that string of posts, but it didn't feel like a "oh shit I need to start posting content before I get called out on it" moment to me. I feel like they were just hanging back a bit until a few things came up they could hone in on. I generally agree with their takes, and 254 specifically was very well-worded and explained things that were sitting in my brain that I couldn't quite organize into words and hadn't seen anyone else post either.
While you're here, weigh in on Datisi?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:39 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 287, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 284, Datisi wrote: and, technically speaking: even if i were scum, i still cannot have the level of knowledge to know whether the quickhammer on day 1 is going to flip town or not, so ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
This is a non-sequitur - you would know whether or not it would flip scum which is the key distinction.

Would it flip town? Maybe. Would it flip SK? Maybe. But the thing that you avoided was that chance of it flipping scum, that's where the omission occurs and that's why I think its scummy.
i know it's a non-sequitur, i'm poking fun at your , which claimed:
"Datisi's #59 disregards by omission the possibility of hitting scum or SK with a powerlim on Sheep."
which implies that i am informed in two ways, which. you know. you get why it's false.

then, when i say "scum" i'm generally referring to any non-town. with 284 being an exception because i was responding to you there.

finally, omission: yes, i was assuming a quickhammer wouldn't flip scum. this is because (1) the conversation was going in that direction, (2) i have never seen a p2 quickhammer flip not-town.
~M
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:40 am

Post by Roden »

Delta feels fine, their entrance and catch up posts lean a bit on the townier side for me. I do find it kinda funny that they don't think much of my posts even though we both landed at a very specific conclusion (Appearance being the SK).
-
In post 277, Deltabreedy wrote:
Shea
- Vibes, feels scumhunty and has the willingness and energy to drive content and arguments.
Why does this make Shea town? Every alignment is incentivized to scum hunt in this set up. And Shea himself admitted that his playstyle is all about high activity and constantly driving content.
In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote: The actual fact is that I'm in a huge game right now and i entered both this game and last one trying to play not to my normal hyper style because I'm kind of exhausted but i failed in that game and it kind of already feels like I'm failing in this one.

I'm just sweaty always and i guess i should kind of just embrace that.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:48 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 289, Datisi wrote:
In post 287, Deltabreedy wrote:

i know it's a non-sequitur, i'm poking fun at your , which claimed:
"Datisi's #59 disregards by omission the possibility of hitting scum or SK with a powerlim on Sheep."
which implies that i am informed in two ways, which. you know. you get why it's false.

then, when i say "scum" i'm generally referring to any non-town. with 284 being an exception because i was responding to you there.

finally, omission: yes, i was assuming a quickhammer wouldn't flip scum. this is because (1) the conversation was going in that direction, (2) i have never seen a p2 quickhammer flip not-town.
I'm honestly unconvinced by this.

@Roden: True, but as I say, from vibes I feel that they're townie. Playstyle, sure but vibes tell me they're town.

Who is your top townread?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:49 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 291, Deltabreedy wrote: I'm honestly unconvinced by this.
do you have any other reasons to scumread me or is the bulk of your case really "wow guys datisi scumslipped!!!"
~M
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:53 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I mean I can put a full-on case together on you but at present it's a central pillar yeah.

Nothing you've said is really convincing me that I need more to be honest.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:54 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

In post 290, Roden wrote: Delta feels fine, their entrance and catch up posts lean a bit on the townier side for me. I do find it kinda funny that they don't think much of my posts even though we both landed at a very specific conclusion (Appearance being the SK).
-
In post 277, Deltabreedy wrote:
Shea
Why does this make Shea town? Every alignment is incentivized to scum hunt in this set up. And Shea himself admitted that his playstyle is all about high activity and constantly driving content.
In post 63, Thestatusquo wrote: The actual fact is that I'm in a huge game right now and i entered both this game and last one trying to play not to my normal hyper style because I'm kind of exhausted but i failed in that game and it kind of already feels like I'm failing in this one.

I'm just sweaty always and i guess i should kind of just embrace that.
I also asked you to comment on Datisi.

Could you oblige please?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:56 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

I get the sense that you're trying to deflect the accusation of scumslipping through a series of 'gotcha' moments, rather than explaining why I should be voting elsewhere.

Why does it have you rattled that I voted you? I'm alone on your wagon.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 8:58 am

Post by Roden »

In post 288, Deltabreedy wrote:
In post 285, Roden wrote:
While you're here, weigh in on Datisi?
Datisi isn't on my radar atm. We share similar reads and I don't think he's done anything that's particularly scummy, and I don't really think he perspective slipped earlier either.

When it comes to Datisi though I always have a gut feeling about his alignment. I honestly couldn't tell you why this is or how it works, but it hasn't been wrong so far. When he's scum, I get that feeling even when I have zero proof, and I'll hesitate. It'll frustrate me to the point that it breaks down the way I'm communicating with everyone in the game. When he's town though I'm just chill and my brain feels focused.

That said...I think this game will be trickier due to the set up and how the wolves can project a genuinely townie mind set by hunting the opposing bad guy(s). My gut says that Datisi is town, but I'll see in the post game how accurate that is.
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Can you quantify that for me?

It was a lot of waffle to get down to... You haven't sorted him yet.

Are they a townlean then?
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Deltabreedy
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Deltabreedy
He/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Deltabreedy »

Not quantify, but just say what you mean kind of thing.
Never forget

|
GTKAS
Datisi
Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Datisi
it/he
Drawn from Memory

Drawn from Memory

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Wed Jun 28, 2023 9:02 am

Post by Datisi »

In post 295, Deltabreedy wrote: I get the sense that you're trying to deflect the accusation of scumslipping through a series of 'gotcha' moments, rather than explaining why I should be voting elsewhere.

Why does it have you rattled that I voted you? I'm alone on your wagon.
i am trying to explain why you should be voting elsewhere, mainly by explaining why your read is bad, which you called "unconvincing".

it "rattles" me when i'm voted for reasons that are very clearly false in my mind. and in the meantime, i'm also trying to see your thought process behind it.
~M

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”