Mini 2308 | Blood over Utopia | Utopia fell.

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 273, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 255, Merlyn wrote: I actually can't think of anything else that I find mechanically suboptimal but the idea of a no lim for no reason. What's given you the impression there are lots of people I could be pushing for mech but aren't?
I remember you were pushing for increasing the budget pretty hard and several ppl disagreed with that
Pushing hard is a bit of stretch I think. I'm not even voting it, it's my second choice.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:34 am

Post by Merlyn »

oh hello pagetop
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Mb you spent more time talking about it than neighborhood watch
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:39 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 271, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 269, SirCakez wrote: wow was not expecting to be such a big topic of discussion this game :eek:
Deal with the Devil - why get into an argument with marci over her push on me? what read did you get on marci from that interaction?
I was trying to figure out what it is about your entrance to the game that made you so scummy to them.

I was feeling there vagueness around answering it was telling.

-Drew
Hello, little devils, I had a question for you too around this higher up on the page
RCEnigma
RCEnigma
Survivor
RCEnigma
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:42 am

Post by RCEnigma »

Hi cakes, big fan. What do you think about the devil hydra so far? Outside of even the direct stuff dealing with you/Marci.
Merlyn
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Merlyn
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:44 am

Post by Merlyn »

In post 277, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: Mb you spent more time talking about it than neighborhood watch
Yeah that's true enough. I think I'm the only one voting it though so the discussion around trading post which actually had traction seemed more important.
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 7:55 am

Post by Deal With The Devil »

In post 254, Merlyn wrote:
In post 213, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 210, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: *Answer your question at least from Marci's perspective

I'm kinda eh on whether a "self-conscious" tell is AI - I feel like it'd vary from person to person more than anything - but saying Cakez is experienced doesn't really make sense unless you're saying he's too experienced to drop a tell like that
I am just saying it is AI, unless you think Cakez is a noob......then maybe I get the read.

But it is a super weak reason to scum read someone, especially to the point where you are looking for their buddy(s).

And then when getting some pressure from me, start acting dismissive.

Pre Edit: Marci, calling someones in game play isn't mean.....just wait until you see what I am capable of lol.

But I just don't understand how you can make, what seems to me, a solid scum read based off that one Cakez post unless you have some solid meta read on them.

-Drew

Mod
we are voting Snivy as well.....though I think I misspelled their name lol.....so VOTE: Snivy
Fixed
So you pushed Marcistar pretty hard there for a minute. This post doesn't feel like you're sold on her responses, but I notice you've kept the snivy vote. What's the reasoning?
Snivy was the first person to make me say 'oh so they are scum'.

Marci I don't like either(nothing personal, you seem very pleasant as a person lol), consider my vote on them in spirit.

-Drew
Hydra of Doctor Drew and Alianna.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 272, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 268, SirCakez wrote: VOTE: high flying dwarf
who is this player?
Has no one else pinged you yet?
Not really, I feel the mech talk has been mostly AI and that's been most of the game so far, there's been a little scum hunting but nothing has pinged me
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 8:10 am

Post by SirCakez »

Mostly NAI*
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:09 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 270, SirCakez wrote: i like meowmeow's entrance, first posts I've read this game that really made me feel town
could you elaborate on what made you townread me?
try as you might, you continue to be yourself.
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:15 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 281, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 254, Merlyn wrote:
In post 213, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 210, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: *Answer your question at least from Marci's perspective

I'm kinda eh on whether a "self-conscious" tell is AI - I feel like it'd vary from person to person more than anything - but saying Cakez is experienced doesn't really make sense unless you're saying he's too experienced to drop a tell like that
I am just saying it is AI, unless you think Cakez is a noob......then maybe I get the read.

But it is a super weak reason to scum read someone, especially to the point where you are looking for their buddy(s).

And then when getting some pressure from me, start acting dismissive.

Pre Edit: Marci, calling someones in game play isn't mean.....just wait until you see what I am capable of lol.

But I just don't understand how you can make, what seems to me, a solid scum read based off that one Cakez post unless you have some solid meta read on them.

-Drew

Mod
we are voting Snivy as well.....though I think I misspelled their name lol.....so VOTE: Snivy
Fixed
So you pushed Marcistar pretty hard there for a minute. This post doesn't feel like you're sold on her responses, but I notice you've kept the snivy vote. What's the reasoning?
Snivy was the first person to make me say 'oh so they are scum'.

Marci I don't like either(nothing personal, you seem very pleasant as a person lol), consider my vote on them in spirit.

-Drew
vote me? what are you so scared of???? or oops maybe you dont actually think im scum! you're so so confident but OOPS!!! WHERES THE VOTE HONEY XX

who knows maybe itll really set things into full motion
or maybe you'll get me to crumble under the pressure!!! i know you want that!!! whats the downsides since im cleary scummy :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

dont be a scaredy cat!!

i dont agree with the snivy read yet
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:20 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 274, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 258, meowmeow wrote: basically, i think we want {bureau of elections or guildhall} and then {neighbourhood watch or intelligentia}

HURT: Bureau of Elections
I think what you said about the developments makes sense, but what do you think of the argument that neighborhood watch and intelligentia can be better served later in the game?
i don't think that's something we should be worrying about too much. we can use the abilities twice, and in the later game we will hopefully have much more powerful roles we can use, rather than worrying about mafia's daytalk, keeping in mind we can only use two abilities per day. i actually think that ability might be more useful in the early game, since mafia probably wouldn't feel as comfortable in the game state and their knowledge of mechanics? i can see the argument for using intelligentia that way, since there are flipless mechanics in the game, but personally i would want to never use the assassinate ability and use autopsy aggressively if/when the mafia use the janitor ability they probably do have. i think especially if we get to a situation where multiple people have died, and we're not even certain what the scum count was to start with, the information offered by intelligentia will not be that useful in determining the alignments of dead players.
In post 274, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 262, meowmeow wrote: not a fan of csf's 120 - it feels a bit like, overly cautious? i mean, of course most reads this early are going to be a little premature, and 'town feels' isn't that strong of a statement anyway. i feel like it's self-conscious of giving out tmi townreads too easily, which is something scum do sometimes
no, I'm just aware that I can get confbiased on even early townleans sometimes, and on review, Aureal hadn't done anything except mech talk that could easily come from scum as well up to that point
i'm aware this could come from town you genuinely feeling this way, but i think scum are generally more likely to do stuff like review and see if they made a townread that's too easy immediately after making the read, whereas town are more likely to just list who they had town feels on and roll with it because feels aren't usually, like, super justified

regardless i'd be interested if you have any examples of like, being cautious about early townleans as town in the past? or if you don't have that, when you've confbiased on an incorrect townlean early. i don't want to take too much of your time, so just going off memory is fine
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:23 am

Uhh....because I think Snivy is scummier than you.

We are a hydra, but still only have one vote.

This is quite a performance you are putting on though, generally the Oscar season is later in the year though, the judges may miss this totally not over the top performance lol.

-Drew
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:26 am

Post by marcistar »

how is snivy scummy

and thank you i really try to convey my emotions well to my audience. i'll give you my autograph when game ends so you can have bragging rights.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:36 am

In post 286, meowmeow wrote: regardless i'd be interested if you have any examples of like, being cautious about early townleans as town in the past? or if you don't have that, when you've confbiased on an incorrect townlean early. i don't want to take too much of your time, so just going off memory is fine
My most recent towngame is linked here in which I only had one townread early (on someone who has a really polarized meta) and deliberately withheld other townreads

Before that there was Hollow Knight Mafia where I let Gimli coast off of an early towny feelings even though he did nothing towny the rest of day 1
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 9:38 am

In post 288, marcistar wrote: how is snivy scummy

and thank you i really try to convey my emotions well to my audience. i'll give you my autograph when game ends so you can have bragging rights.
Their really really wanting to push Sacrifice through today pinged me hard, and even when I tried to explain why it isn't a good idea for today, still want it pushed through.

Like I said to Merlyn, first time in the game I was like 'oh, so they are scum', and ya it may not ping others the way it pings me(just like some people disagree on my read of you), but I still stand by it.....even if I can't get a lim on either of you I don't want things that I perceived as scummy go by the wayside.

-Drew
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:05 am

Post by meowmeow »

In post 289, Cat Scratch Fever wrote: My most recent towngame is linked here in which I only had one townread early (on someone who has a really polarized meta) and deliberately withheld other townreads
i think this context makes it less scummy, given you seemed a little bit cautious to give townreads (eg with saying jingle gave you town feelings early but want to be cautious of them), but i certainly wouldn't say you only had one townread early; or if that's true, your posting didn't seem to reflect that, with additional townreads given to adorable and wgeurts unless i'm misreading? you did also give five unmitigated townreads at least fairly early, although this was page 24 so i can certainly see why you wouldn't compare it to your behaviour on like page 6 or whatever it was

i'd also like to ask, given your merlyn push, do you think advocating for no elim is equivalent to a mechanical disagreement on something like the development abilities? additionally, do you think RCE was actually advocating for a no elim in those posts?
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:09 am

Post by marcistar »

In post 290, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 288, marcistar wrote: how is snivy scummy

Their really really wanting to push Sacrifice through today pinged me hard, and even when I tried to explain why it isn't a good idea for today, still want it pushed through.

Like I said to Merlyn, first time in the game I was like 'oh, so they are scum', and ya it may not ping others the way it pings me(just like some people disagree on my read of you), but I still stand by it.....even if I can't get a lim on either of you I don't want things that I perceived as scummy go by the wayside.

-Drew
i dont even think he was pushing it that hard :dead: :dead: it just felt like he wanted to talk about the possibility.
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:11 am

Post by meowmeow »

@drew, you made that assertion before, that snivy was desperate to push through the sacrifice
In post 167, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 163, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think sac could be worth it since we could theoretically find a mafia member with it

its like a loyal vig :)
My issue with Sacrifice today is that, if I am reading the rules correctly, everyone who votes for it gets to decide who the target is. Here on D1 reads are just starting to develop so it is much easier, imo, for scum to make their way into the council who decides the Sacrifice.

I feel like that is another way to save for a later day when reads are developed more.

-Drew
In post 168, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 163, camelCasedSnivy wrote: i think sac could be worth it since we could theoretically find a mafia member with it

My issue with Sacrifice today is that, if I am reading the rules correctly, everyone who votes for it gets to decide who the target is. Here on D1 reads are just starting to develop so it is much easier, imo, for scum to make their way into the council who decides the Sacrifice.

I feel like that is another way to save for a later day when reads are developed more.

-Drew
we could also hold a psuedo-vote now for the sac target (also depending on the flip)
In post 170, Deal With The Devil wrote:
In post 168, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 159, RCEnigma wrote: My point is sacrifice can just be the regular lim but we get paid for it.

But ehh I’m not gonna argue more for it

HURT: trading post

-Drew
we could also hold a psuedo-vote now for the sac target (also depending on the flip)
You are a very eager beaver to push through Sacrifice aren't you?

-Drew
based on this interaction, can you elaborate? i think the suggestion from him - to use the vig as a double elimination - would be a fairly reasonable way to use the sacrifice ability, and would counteract the issue you brought up (that mafia would control the council). it seems like a fairly normal discussion on mechanics, so i'm not sure what your thought process is here
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:23 am

Post by marcistar »

HURT: appointed jury
Deal With The Devil
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Deal With The Devil
Goon
Goon

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:27 am

My main issue is that when explaining that, especially when reads are just starting to develop, it is much easier on D1 than compared to later in the game for scum to sneak into the council.....they still wanted to push it for D1. Ya they aren't screaming from the mountain tops that is must go through, but they still want it to happen.

And again, it was at that point I was like the simplest explanation is that they are scum.

They even tried to placate my initial blow back on it, not arguing the merits of if it is a good idea or not, just trying to placate my concerns to make sure I will come around and agree to it.

Manipulative is not generally a town trait.

-Drew
marcistar
marcistar
Goodfellas
marcistar
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:29 am

Post by marcistar »

what are you responding too please i thouht we made it clear i only have 1 braincell :sob:
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:33 am

In post 291, meowmeow wrote: but i certainly wouldn't say you only had one townread early; or if that's true, your posting didn't seem to reflect that, with additional townreads given to adorable and wgeurts unless i'm misreading?
I don't think those were that early. The game was smaller and there was like no mech discussion so it moved out of RVS much faster than this one
meowmeow
meowmeow
any
Goon
meowmeow
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:36 am

Post by meowmeow »

i mean, i don't agree with that at all, but i can kind of track the thought process so i'm not really concerned about it now

pedit: that's regarding drew
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Sun Jul 30, 2023 10:37 am

In post 291, meowmeow wrote: i'd also like to ask, given your merlyn push, do you think advocating for no elim is equivalent to a mechanical disagreement on something like the development abilities? additionally, do you think RCE was actually advocating for a no elim in those posts?
RC wasn't actually advocating for a no lim though? I think he wanted to use Sacrifice in place of the regular elimination, which is along the lines of project discussion. I think she kind of went "he's asking for no lim and that's odd," because typically asking for no lim is anti town, but I'm not sure why she thought that was scummy in this case exactly

and I guess part of the answer is that Merlyn just doesn't care as much about the other project mech stuff that was happening today, which is fair. But it seemed like jumping on RCE for saying "no lim" when that wasn't really happening

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”