Micro 1091 - Prism v. 1L Year [Game Over]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:18 pm

Post by catboi »

oh there were a lot more posts than I thought there were
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:35 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 240, Dunnstral wrote: I don't think that will be very helpful for me so would feel guilty making you put in substantial effort to do so. If somebody else thinks this would be useful they can jump in.

I don't think it will be helpful because I don't put a lot of weight into saying you would do things differently when we are this early into the game, and you are the one describing things and there is bias there. I think that mafia fake claiming millers is unlikely, and despite what catboi says I do think a track record of not fake claiming miller makes it more likely to not be fake in this game as well. And meuh was the one who counter claimed so they took an active role and I agree with the thought that mafia are less likely to do so, especially when somebody else is already claiming that role. So that makes me think the millers are town, and
your reaction to them reminded me of when I played the mini normal recently and the mafia made a similar argument against the miller claims

And I also am reading catboi and bell as town, so that has me looking at Elle (1L), Ydrasse, SirCakez, and GuiltyLion. And you Elle (1L) are the one who has given the most content to discuss. I am not disregarding the 4 people I am townreading for the rest of the game, I do think it is a good place to start though.
Thought push on elle was maybe a little unfair but I like the bolded line, fakeable but it's a decent thought.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:53 pm

Post by Bell »

Catboi used the f word, fair.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 6:59 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 168, elle (1L) wrote: like do you think i’ve been scummy? if everyone thinks i have we can sit here and work through on and off for however long is necessary but from my perspective it’s like, bell voting me because i process things slowly which is very well documented and unrelated to game and guiltylion voting me for ??? reasons regarding millers like does me saying ‘in theory’ really imply i’m speculating about something I have knowledge of? like am i a scums with one of the miller claims then? and pooky voting because others voted as far as i can tell
yes let's hash it out - my hangup is mainly that I don't understand what the point of the post was, like I see you said you like to explore theories, do you maybe have similar examples from completed towngames? and also I think the thing that felt most off is the way you said this would be "clever" of Pooky, it feels just a lil shady yet at the same time I have a sense that you don't actually
believe
that he's fakeclaiming

and what's your reasoning for why that would make you scum with one of the claims? my thinking was if both Pooky and Meuh are telling the truth then scum might be looking for ways to discredit them or sow doubt around the claims and that's the vibe your post gave me
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 176, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote: weird self defense claiming we're taking advantage of the fact you're on mobile instead of computer which is really ?? to me.

I did not consider the fact that you were on mobile at all and I doubt GuiltyLion did either
I also wasn't thinking about the phone thing at all and when I went to reread just now I don't think elle was clear that being on the phone would make her unable to play well. there's but I took that as a joke, it didn't occur to me that she was saying she may not be able to fully respond to questions or pressure

@elle if there's stuff that needs to wait until Wednesday I do not mind, I'm in no rush here
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 177, Dunnstral wrote: Napkin thoughts: Millers town, catboi town, Bell town
why is catboi town?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Aug 27, 2023 7:26 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 198, Ydrasse wrote: the point is that i think she could like... dunno. i feel like mafia would be a little less all over the place about it and less overtly... intense? i don't know if that's the right word but maybe dealing with it head-on. it doesn't feel like the correct response as mafia to me.
I feel you that this reaction is a bit disproportionate and a lot of mafia would probably be playing it more cool here, but I also don't really know her that well and don't know what her scumrange is or what she's capable of. some people do like to smash the AtE button cause it's easier for them to sound genuine, especially if the suspicion isn't exactly 'fair' despite being correct

idk did you have any thoughts on the aforementioned phone point?
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:53 am

Post by Ydrasse »

smashing it instantly though is just… blah to me as mafia, i don’t think it’s logical that there has to be an order to when you ate but i often times feel you go there after you try something else

i took the phone stuff at face value and that it was just elle letting everyone know. but when she used it as a “pressure because of it” thing i thought it was likelier to be paranoia than truth. and even if it were it wasn’t really a sticking point if it were to turn into an accusation which it didn’t manifest into.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:34 am

Post by SirCakez »

classes starting today I want to not be here aaaaaaaaa
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:47 am

Post by SirCakez »

VOTE: ydrasse
her posturing around elle on page 8 feels off, it almost seems informed
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:48 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 229, Bell wrote: But, and hear me out.
What if you aren’t.

@Catboi, but this time, Sircakez was clever. Totally different.
what does this mean?
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:50 am

Post by Ydrasse »

history has always punished the most contrarian minds
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:52 am

Post by SirCakez »

ok caesar
Brian Skies - "
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:56 am

Post by Ydrasse »

i think cakez could be mafia

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 2:57 am

Post by Ydrasse »

the pooky thing is played out and obligatory but i find it interesting (scummy flavored) that he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:03 am

Post by Bell »

In post 260, SirCakez wrote:
In post 229, Bell wrote: But, and hear me out.
What if you aren’t.

@Catboi, but this time, Sircakez was clever. Totally different.
what does this mean?
1. First part is to Ydrasse, just teasing at the “I’m town” thing. I do it all the time, but being a hypocrite is fun.
2. While I saw Pooky’s post about lying not effecting him and thought the joke was that you *couldn’t* tell whether he was lying. Your take that Pooky was actually subverting Meuh’s idea by *not* lying to them to avoid feeling bad for doing so, was much more clever.
Maybe Pooky isn’t that funny though.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 4:05 am

Post by Bell »

Oh, btw I woke up with a fever.
The last time I played mafia with a fever I think I had hypomania. So I will be genuinely taking a back seat and trying not to lose my mind and start announcing that I’ve solved the Puzzle Alex and the rest of you are simply not on my level to see it.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 8:16 am

Post by Prism »

Vote Count 1.2

Speaking of hunting, it's time for some Torts...

Three men go quail hunting on a Tuesday. They wind up with no quail, but they do wind up changing the entire fields of negligence and products liability.

You see, Charles Summers's friends, Tice and Simondson, weren't the brightest. Summers instructed them on how to hunt and to be careful when firing the shotguns with another person nearby. Unfortunately, neither of them listened. A quail flew above Summers's head and both defendants shot at it. Some of the bird shot from one of their rounds hit Summers in the face, injuring his eye and upper lip.

Summers wants to be "made whole" for the damage to his face with a fat stack of cash. Both of the defendants were negligent in firing their shotguns in the direction as another person, Summers sues, what's the big deal? Surely he goes home with the $$$?

Well, you see, in order to recover money from someone, the plaintiff (Summers) has to show a defendant is responsible for the damage with greater than a 50% probability. Nobody knows which of Tice and Simondson actually shot Summers. The evidence is ambiguous. The chance of either being responsible is 50/50. Classically, Summers gets no money from either. Huh.

So the California Supreme Court decided that because it was definitely one of the two that shot Summers, and it makes no sense to tell Summers "Sorry that happened, pay your own medical bills and get over it," to instead shift the burden onto Tice and Simondson to show that they WEREN'T the one that shot Summers, or else they're both liable to pay for the damage. It turns out this became very relevant for products liability later down the line as an example of shifting the burden of proof onto a better-informed defendant.

Maybe they should've just stayed at home and played cards.

PlayerVotes
elle (1L)
(3)
Bell (82), GuiltyLion (146), PookyTheMagicalBear (147)
Ydrasse
(2)
catboi (137), SirCakez (259)
PookyTheMagicalBear
(1)
Meuh (12)
Bell
(1)
Ydrasse (32)
Not Voting
(2)
Dunnstral, elle (1L) (122)

With 9 players alive, it takes 5 votes to eliminate.

No elimination has been achieved. The Day 1 deadline is in (expired on 2023-09-06 12:30:00).

Combined Prism & fferyllt Mod ISO
Last edited by Prism on Sun Sep 17, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 11:26 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 244, elle (1L) wrote: like does that catboi post (or catboi pointing the same thing out i am saying here) really seem that towny to you?
In post 255, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 177, Dunnstral wrote: Napkin thoughts: Millers town, catboi town, Bell town
why is catboi town?

I like the analysis in post and I think it is towny to townread those players like that rather than talk about paranoia
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:00 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 220, elle (1L) wrote: i think if one of pooky/meuh are a scums then odds of dunnstral also being a scums go up due to emphasis on millers normal

which made an announcement re:millers at gamestart importantly
Spoiler:

Throwback to the Invictus Meuh/Dunn scumteam accusations
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:06 pm

Post by Meuh »

I do lean town on Catboi so far, but I also have the paranoia that he's just good at making content that I find very palatable and that I'll always townread him... :shifty: I also feel like that's something I'll be able to figure out eventually though
Ydrasse I'm kinda conflicted on because the general, I guess position she's occupying? is one I feel bad about and gives me bad vibes but the actual posts she's made have vaguely good vibes.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:32 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Cakez - do you have a read on elle?

@Dunn - I get that you like the post but you really believe that's sufficient for a townread? and reads as though you're POEing via your townreads and that feels kinda rote and simplistic. I don't think mafia is incapable of producing catboi's ISO so far
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:45 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 263, Ydrasse wrote: i think cakez could be mafia

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me
and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
Do you
really
believe that? No one seemed to be suggesting pivoting to you, I'm the only other person voting you, and I haven't even so much as expressed a case or strongly advocated for your elimination. That feels rather reachy.

[I know if I say "oh cakez is just being his usual self" he will be mafia, and if I say "actually he is kind of scummy", he'll end up being town. I don't think his play so far is alignment indicative.]
In post 270, Meuh wrote: I do lean town on Catboi so far, but I also have the paranoia that he's just good at making content that I find very palatable and that I'll always townread him...
There are people here who can verify that I am capable of making reasonable sounding content as scum, but also I'm town this game so it's not incorrect to read me that way.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:51 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 272, catboi wrote:
In post 263, Ydrasse wrote: i think cakez could be mafia

the pop in feels like it’s at a point where pressure could swing to me
and the reason is like the most basic. paired with his few posts which seem very… uninterested in stuff like the miller claims and posts after. like it’s a chance to lambast me with a refusal to talk about anything else happening or what could support his worldview etc.
Do you
really
believe that? No one seemed to be suggesting pivoting to you, I'm the only other person voting you, and I haven't even so much as expressed a case or strongly advocated for your elimination. That feels rather reachy.

[I know if I say "oh cakez is just being his usual self" he will be mafia, and if I say "actually he is kind of scummy", he'll end up being town. I don't think his play so far is alignment indicative.]
In post 270, Meuh wrote: I do lean town on Catboi so far, but I also have the paranoia that he's just good at making content that I find very palatable and that I'll always townread him...
There are people here who can verify that I am capable of making reasonable sounding content as scum, but also I'm town this game so it's not incorrect to read me that way.
if you reread this thread up until this point no it is not reachy and i refuse to see it as such. (tangentially i find it a little... strange. that you say that no one is suggesting pivoting when i think that you... should? be able to read the general vibes of the thread so far and know even if something's not outright said yet it could go that way quickly.) i don't think it is exactly the case that cakez is doing that but it's possible enough that i mentioned it in context with his bad iso. it makes sense to want to try and assert pressure like this early on when it could swing that way to me, especially know that well. i town.
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Mon Aug 28, 2023 12:53 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

In post 264, Ydrasse wrote: he doesn’t seem to care about exploring the content that could maybe help him parse a slot he often plays with and interacts with etc
this is a wild take because I can't remember cakez trying to parse me ever
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”