Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:27 pm

Post by Aureal »

"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 5:28 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 9, Doctor Drew wrote: VOTE: Aureal

She knows my scum game now, we must lim her before it is too late!

Tempting as it is to go after you, 'fraid I gotta VOTE: RCEnigma here. You can cook, but we gotta policy this guy. :evil:
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 6:05 pm

Post by Aureal »

Well she didn't give me a scum PM, even though it seemed like the perfect opportunity to break up my townstreak again with say, a SK role so I still wouldn't be able to have any regular Mafia games for people to try to meta me off of.

BUT NO
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

THEN MY EVIL PLAN IS WORKING

BAHAHAHAHAHA
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 12, 2023 3:54 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 20, biancospino wrote:
In post 15, Aureal wrote: Well she didn't give me a scum PM, even though it seemed like the perfect opportunity to break up my townstreak again with say, a SK role so I still wouldn't be able to have any regular Mafia games for people to try to meta me off of.

BUT NO
I, too, wish Fire&Ice could be retconned out, but alas
Oh yeah, you're here too. Wow, this game is just serving up people who obviously must be scum. EZ game folks
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #5) » Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:45 am

Post by Aureal »

Wow, I must've missed that this game was for the under-40 crowd. Wake me up when people feel like making sense.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:29 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 237, Aisa wrote: I personally don't really have any well-developed reads yet. I know that with the way I play I'm likely to change my mind later so sometimes on page 10 it's just easier not to talk about how I think not_mafia is towny because he posted twice in a row (not a real read).
Or... Is it?!?! :o

Bahahahaha
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 14, 2023 6:45 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 256, yessiree wrote:
In post 237, Aisa wrote: VOTE: yessiree
Serious vote. I don't really like his pushes on either KittyTacky or RCEnigma.
In post 195, yessiree wrote: i would buy that if it was like page 2 or 3, even then i still disagree with that assessment

i dont like ur implication that people posted nothing but fluff for the past 8 pages
I personally don't really have any well-developed reads yet. I know that with the way I play I'm likely to change my mind later so sometimes on page 10 it's just easier not to talk about how I think not_mafia is towny because he posted twice in a row (not a real read).
this wasn't a push so much as an attempt to sort RCE, out of respect for his scum game (he's a slippery weasel, ask Aureal :shifty: ).
Wow, look at me, RVS voting someone and leaving my vote there even as a wagon suddenly builds around it. How suspicious of me! :eek:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:45 pm

Post by Aureal »

Chippy? I don't have chips, I have popcorn to sit back and watch the show. :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:22 pm

Post by Aureal »

Michael Jackson? Sure, but you know what comes after that?

-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 364, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 363, Aureal wrote: Michael Jackson? Sure, but you know what comes after that?

Uhh, I have nothing but inappropriate responses to this.
The only appropriate response is "yes indeed, Weird Al is the most incredible person of all time!"
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (isolation #11) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:40 am

Post by Aureal »

Are we
still
talking about Kitty's easy read of people not being partnered? Do people actually think he won't do that as town because he sure does.

Agenda'd opinion: Drew and Dragon are definitely scum together because that first read of people not being paired was exactly the scum pair :wink:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (isolation #12) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 413, Doctor Drew wrote: You didn't ask about Yess lol, but I don't get how they can say they are an expert at reading me. By my counts we have played two games together, I was scum in one and town the other(yess was the opposite alignment both times). And they were way less engaged when I was town(even though we shared a hood).
Man, everyone really
does
want to forget about Fire and Ice. :?

Wait, if we all forget about that game does that mean I've been town every game this year? :igmeou:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (isolation #13) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:50 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 414, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 406, Aureal wrote: Are we
still
talking about Kitty's easy read of people not being partnered? Do people actually think he won't do that as town because he sure does.

Agenda'd opinion: Drew and Dragon are definitely scum together because that first read of people not being paired was exactly the scum pair :wink:
You finally see me as scum yet you still can't read me lol. Tsk tsk.
I can't? I'm leaning town on you, am I wrong? :(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:54 pm

Post by Aureal »

He replaced into Python's slot, yeah.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #435 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

Not at all, lol
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (isolation #16) » Wed Oct 18, 2023 3:58 pm

Post by Aureal »

Oh is it only three days to deadline? Guess it's a good thing someone's keeping track.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #503 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

I kinda want to vote Drew. But that would mean moving my vote off RCE and that would make me sad.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 5:35 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 505, RCEnigma wrote: Actually no it wouldn’t. I’d probably think you were scum if you didn’t scumread me for townreading you.
*paranoia spikes*
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #525 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:51 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 518, RCEnigma wrote:
In post 513, Aureal wrote:
In post 505, RCEnigma wrote: Actually no it wouldn’t. I’d probably think you were scum if you didn’t scumread me for townreading you.
*paranoia spikes*
To go full FL for a second.

Approaching this game in my head. I know that you know as scum I approached you both times as a mislim option. But also that you were keen on my scum play both times. So if I played like you were shining town from the jump and you were town you would be suspicious of it. Because I’d 100% flip the script as scum.

I considered scum you would play into it, because as scum you would recognize I was angling. So here we are.

Also maybe you weren’t playing in this mind game with me and I fabricated it all myself but I’d like to think we had this back and forth without really saying it.
... darn it, you're making me try to effort trying to parse this in this game I don't wanna effort. Well it's just gonna have to wait for a bit when my head isn't so full of spaciness.
In post 524, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 510, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 483, Doctor Drew wrote: My hero play would be Aureal, something seems off from her recent posts.
is this all you're voting aureal for?
And all because Dragon had a weird way if reading one of my posts......so Dragon and Drew must be buddies!!
...is anyone saying that? I just remember Kitty saying the opposite.
And especially coming from some people I have played a bunch of games with, and the one person who looked at my most recent scum game(over easy) and saw differences here in my play, yet two of the three people here from that very game.....still think I am scum......boggles my mind they can have that takeaway.
*counts fingers*

Did you see ?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #528 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:01 am

Post by Aureal »

That doesn't answer the question :(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #21) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 531, Doctor Drew wrote:
In post 528, Aureal wrote: That doesn't answer the question :(
Yes I did see that post before, but obviously something changed if you want to vote me now.
Well I kinda expected a flippant response to it, since you apparently were thinking that I thought the opposite. Not reacting to it seemed sorta like trying to take the townread and not mess with it. So I got more worried. But I wasn't sure if you even saw 431 since it could've easily gotten missed with us posting at the same time. So I posted 503 to see if you'd complain about the inconsistency.

Nobody else did either, for that matter.

Now I'm confused.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (isolation #22) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 9:09 am

Post by Aureal »

New paranoia theory: scum are waiting for Drew to get miseliminated and then use that apparently inconsistent read change to push me next
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #554 (isolation #23) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:02 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 552, camelCasedSnivy wrote:
In post 549, Aureal wrote: New paranoia theory: scum are waiting for Drew to get miseliminated and then use that apparently inconsistent read change to push me next
this is the first aureal post that i don't like

or maybe I'm just used to viewing aureal as scum
Yeah, I'm channeling RCE with that one, not you :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (isolation #24) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:32 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 561, yessiree wrote:
In post 517, RCEnigma wrote: Can we have a new bloc that’s me, drew, and aureal?
no

SNYBED is the world order
as a founder member of SNYBED I declare the collusion of RCE, drew, and aureal illegal, and brand their new bloc a terrorist state. I'm calling for a total embargo to collaborate with these terrorists as a preliminary sanction to protect the freedom
interests
of SNYBED members
Okay.

VOTE: biancospino

Gogogogogo RAD bloc! Our name is far superior! We are assured of victory!
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #25) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 3:34 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 567, Doctor Drew wrote: Reading the posts here, I get maybe I wasn't clear enough that I was joking......I do like blurring the lines a little too much when I shitpost sometimes.

But like I said to Dragon earlier.......who would take it seriously that I would be accusing the Mod of rigging the roles like that??

If I actually believed it, I would be PMing a list mod about it.......and again my main audience of the joke was the Mod, to hopefully make her laugh since she would get it.
Personally, I suspect Alianna got so tired of rolling town that she decided to give herself all the scum roles here and all the rest of us are just town.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (isolation #26) » Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:18 pm

Post by Aureal »

Why is bianco obvtown? I literally couldn't remember anything that she'd done other than vote Drew just now without referencing her ISO.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (isolation #27) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:44 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 593, yessiree wrote: my question to Aureal still stands

please explain to me why you chose bianco, a slot you don't remember nothin about
But you didn't even answer
my
question. :cry:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (isolation #28) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:46 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 598, yessiree wrote: oh I get it now

I think part of it has to do with the fact that so many people spent majority of the day sitting on their own vanity wagons

literally everyone is waiting for stuff to happen and no one is making stuff happen
And yet here you are, getting grumpy about me trying to make stuff happen. So mean. :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #602 (isolation #29) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 6:58 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 599, RCEnigma wrote: Not my town bloc q.q

VOTE: kkfc following my train of thought.
I don't remember anything that he's done either, other than that I noticed he's voting bianco and thought maybe that could be some distancing while bianco goes on wagoning town since nobody's been trying to push her so it's pretty safe.

I suppose I could actually look at why he's there. Maybe I even will! :shifty:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (isolation #30) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:28 am

Post by Aureal »

Wow, KKFC definitely has an ISO. It's definitely the most ISO of all time. I totally understand his scumreads now.

:|
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #618 (isolation #31) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:11 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 611, DragonEater70 wrote: Alright I think I understand the scumcase on Aureal

VOTE: Aureal
And you're probably wondering why I've been trying not to be too fussed about this game. You're town, I'm town, and I'm not going through this again.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (isolation #32) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 3:35 pm

Post by Aureal »

I've mostly been entertained, until now.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (isolation #33) » Fri Oct 20, 2023 4:12 pm

Post by Aureal »

Why choose bianco? Why not? I didn't want to vote anyone else who had any votes, they're townleans and myself. You gave me the perfect opportunity to pack up my 'gonna votepark RCE for lulz' gag and go with something even funnier. ;)

On that note, why has Aisa apparently chosen me? Apparently because there were votes there and she really didn't want Drew. I'm finding it rather sus actually, now that she's come back and is still trying to push me even though I don't feel like her initial reasoning holds anymore. Saying I hadn't really been doing much was fair enough a few days back but I think I've been much more engaged the last couple of days so it feels like an argument she came up with earlier and doesn't want to reassess to show up now and say that.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 3:25 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 636, yessiree wrote:
In post 634, Aureal wrote: Why choose bianco? Why not? I didn't want to vote anyone else who had any votes, they're townleans and myself. You gave me the perfect opportunity to pack up my 'gonna votepark RCE for lulz' gag and go with something even funnier. ;)

On that note, why has Aisa apparently chosen me? Apparently because there were votes there and she really didn't want Drew. I'm finding it rather sus actually, now that she's come back and is still trying to push me even though I don't feel like her initial reasoning holds anymore. Saying I hadn't really been doing much was fair enough a few days back but I think I've been much more engaged the last couple of days so it feels like an argument she came up with earlier and doesn't want to reassess to show up now and say that.
lol, fair enough

who are your townleans right now? and who else would you consider besides bianco?
Drew, Dragoneater, RCE, Snivy, and Kitty are on the town side, maybe Celebloki too. I have no confidence in reading you so you're still null but I'm not interested in voting you. I've got my eye on Aisa still, not getting the town vibes yet. Would be fine voting KKFC, NM, Enchant.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:42 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 638, yessiree wrote:
In post 590, RCEnigma wrote: Speaking of, I think the lack of action is indicative of the wagons being scum favored (meaning on town) and they’re find with this at eod.
:!: :!:

i must admit there was a huge oversight on my part, i wished i realized this sooner, but this was actually an insanely accurate gamestate read that i need to retract my RCE scumread

UNVOTE:

scum is content with the pace and development of wagons, compounded with the fact that town probably had more lurkers than normal. These made the pace feel like snail speed most of the day

so scum is probably among the lurkers/vanity wagons, content with the slower pace when they shouldn't be, or actively tried to slow down the pace

can also look at the top contending wagons, scum probably hopped onto them when it was opportunistic

so I'm probably gonna spend some time looking into that

pedit: hi lol
Yeah this was pretty much my thoughts too, as you may see from my reads. Part of why I decided I could probably pick it up a little.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #659 (isolation #36) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:27 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 649, yessiree wrote: camelCasedSnivy
generally lacing depths in reads
claims to like starting wagons but no real follow up
in general his engagements with people are surface level and haven't lead anywhere meaningful
progression to the first RCE wagon is scummy, from the one cheerleading it to abandoning ship with a pretty lackluster "he is wagoned for giving thoughts"
the whole dance and fixation with de70 feels off, and was done using the pretense of having one scum in SNYBED as the backdrop
Played with Snivy before? All over the place, nonsensical, not giving reads with depth is totally normal for him. I'm not really sure how to read him in general but I'm townleaning him here now for that reaction to my . I had that thought earlier but went "wow this sounds so bad, it's like what RCE did last game, lol" and hesitated to actually post it. So him having the same reaction that I had reassures me a bit.
kittytacky
some early awkward posting about being wagoned in rvs
hyper self-awareness
excessive self-meta to town case himself, I'd say borderlining AtE
I think the recent latch onto drew wagon is opportunistic
My first thought when Kitty started posting was "gosh, he's being much more active than the previous game we played, what does it mean?!" Then I went back and looked at his ISO there and it was like "oh man how is this so similar?!" Which incidentally is the primary source of my townleaning Celebloki, for having that same reaction.

I do believe that KKFC's inactivity in recent days is likely actually due to him being busy, I've skimmed some other games of his and seen him reference getting busy with work as either alignment. So he wouldn't be my first pick to flip here, I think he's more likely to get more readable than a couple other slots. I have little hope of being able to read Enchant with what he's doing this game and of course NM is just ???
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 7:28 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 653, yessiree wrote:
In post 650, Aureal wrote: Drew, Dragoneater, RCE, Snivy, and Kitty are on the town side, maybe Celebloki too. I have no confidence in reading you so you're still null but I'm not interested in voting you. I've got my eye on Aisa still, not getting the town vibes yet. Would be fine voting KKFC, NM, Enchant.
lol somewhat surprised I'm still null to you, but conf bias and all that
Well I don't necessarily map activity to towniness. I guess you are feeling more like overeasy than dividing Connor so I guess that's why I wouldn't at all be interested in pushing you. I'm just not sure what to look for to try a meta read and nothing's really pinged me independently.
Aisa would be a sleeper read, but only if you flipped town and all the other lurker slots flipped too, so not a high priority for me at the mo
Yeah, I know, I may just be grumpy at being singled out among so many other slots that haven't done any more. But I haven't been pinged by anything else so I'm just not really getting why she's apparently widely townread.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #670 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 8:41 am

Post by Aureal »

Damnit Snivy, I'm not used to getting town pings from you like this, it's kinda weirding me out! :lol:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:00 am

Post by Aureal »

I'm still conflicted. It was a really bad looking post for sure. I'm just not sure Drew actually posts that as scum. Plus my reasoning of 'what the heck are scum doing if Drew is scum and getting so much pressure' still seems pretty solid. Would it be like, Drew, NM, and...???? Feels like the closest thing to anyone trying to get a counter wagon would be Aisa pushing me, but this is certainly a bold and unnecessary turnaround if she's partners with Drew.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 21, 2023 10:57 am

Post by Aureal »

Meh, if anything I think that post, if Drew's scum, would quite possibly be him trying to intimidate people into not voting his partner KKFC. He did something of the sort when I was sussing him in ELO last time, trying to scare me off of voting him. But I'm still just not really feeling it. And I don't think a Not_Mafia wagon is suddenly happening here but I'll be around at deadline if you wanna prove me wrong.

VOTE: KatyKimFanClub
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (isolation #41) » Mon Oct 23, 2023 1:33 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm sheeping myself from earlier. VOTE: biancospino
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:44 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 742, Aisa wrote: I think his posting yesterday looks kind of... reactive, for lack of a better word? His posting yesterday feels stuck in catch-up mode, quoting a bunch of posts and reacting to them briefly. I know he's mentioned RL stuff going on, which I'm sure has affected his posting as either alignment, but I do still have an unshakeable feeling that something more than just busyness may be going on. So um yeah I'm here to talk about it!
*cries quietly in corner*
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #777 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:41 pm

Post by Aureal »

Reminder to please read rule 14!
In post 750, Aisa wrote:
In post 745, Aureal wrote: *cries quietly in corner*
*awkwardly slides over*
There, there... uhm... witch? There's... uhm... there's no need to be upset. What's wrong...?
I am not at all keen to re-live Veiled Committee and what you're doing is going that way.
If this is about my read on you you'll be happy to hear I changed my mind
Why?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #778 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:45 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 774, camelCasedSnivy wrote: wagoning kitty was a mistake
Did anyone actually feel Kitty's musing swayed their thinking on KKFC, or could've?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #803 (isolation #45) » Thu Oct 26, 2023 7:20 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 741, DragonEater70 wrote:
In post 720, KittyTacky wrote: Who tf kills Enchant?
uh, anyone who wants a low info kill?
So, you.

This is likely a pretty accurate rationale and has interesting ramifications regarding who DE's partners are. I don't think your precious SNYBEDA is free of scum yet (hi bianco!)

Also Kitty is like, no way a DE partner, from this exchange and, as I was starting to get at, the really towny thought process on KKFC. That wasn't anything like a convincing argument for voting KKFC, scum has no reason to post it there, it's just a townie who knows they're town trying to figure a suspect's motivation in relation to what they'd said about him.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #812 (isolation #46) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:13 am

Post by Aureal »

Woooow, bianco actually managed to roll same alignment as me finally :o
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #813 (isolation #47) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:30 am

Post by Aureal »

Initial feeling is that it's probably just Not_Mafia here

VOTE: Not_Mafia

Trying to work out how things resolve if we massclaim, hmmm, there's not a simple answer to that
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #815 (isolation #48) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:39 am

Post by Aureal »

Okay, fine, onto the rest of my PoE then.

VOTE: Celebloki
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #816 (isolation #49) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:44 am

Post by Aureal »

If you're not one-shot and this doesn't do it, you should definitely shoot in the PoE tonight. And I really don't think there's any reason to claim whether you're one-shot or full vig here.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #50) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 9:52 am

Post by Aureal »

Unless there's actually another vig too I guess.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #51) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:24 pm

Post by Aureal »

If we're gonna massclaim I don't see that he needs to claim full or one-shot yet

Also, rolling only one T is just as unlikely as rolling only one non-T and that's exactly what happened when I played this setup before :?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (isolation #52) » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:11 pm

Post by Aureal »

I'm VT

Celebloki, you're up
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (isolation #53) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

oh lord why's everyone trying to townread me now

RCE told you that it's easy to get me voted in ELO, didn't he??? :evil:
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #54) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:15 pm

Post by Aureal »

We've got like, lots of time to go over things yet x_x
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:38 pm

Post by Aureal »

Oh ffs we're gonna end day already?!

I really don't have time and motivation right now to re-read everything with the flips in mind but I
will
get there.

UNVOTE: if that's what's making you feel so rushed, sheesh
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #893 (isolation #56) » Mon Oct 30, 2023 6:58 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 891, yessiree wrote: challenge: 4 people try to agree on one townie (impossible, gone wrong THE ENDING WILL SHOCK YOU! :scream: )
4? What about you? You're kinda the crucial point here. And I think the only one not very sold on me being town? :?
Aureal - 404 motivation not found
Kitty - I'm town, kill cSS
cCS - I'm town, kill celebloki
Celebloki - Playing the game he signed up for
Does this pattern... not concern you? Maybe I'm confbiased because I had stronger reasons to townread the others, but I'm finding the way Celebloki has approached things thus far today to be pretty full of TMI.

FYI I have LOTS of motivation to not let RCE go 3/3 on winning by getting me yeeted in ELO. I've just been really busy and need time where I can sit down and read things uninterrupted and maybe even make notes. I'm getting to it.

Before I get in-depth on trying to read the game over, let me clarify some of where my head's been this game.

Obviously, you understand why I RVS voted RCE. (I dislike trying to towncase myself, particularly with guesses at what I'd do with a different role, but if I rolled mafia I'm probably not very likely to RVS vote a partner- I've still got the scars from riding LLD's wrath all of Star Trek uPick after RVS voting then unvoting scum she caught on day one. And I remember how awkward it felt to unvote Python while they were close to getting yeeted in F&I. It's just not something I'm gonna be keen to do.) I decided to keep my vote there for a long time for several reasons.
1) It was funny to glare at him constantly like that.
2) I do try to expand my meta-perimeters at times and riding wagons that go fast early has always been something that I tend to shy away from, so RCE seemed like a great test case to just sit on because hey, if he actually gets turbo-yeeted at least I don't have to be paranoid of him anymore!
3) I kinda scumread him a bit at first, like most of you, when he gave that townread on me, so he was as good a place as any to park my vote for a while. I did go back and read stuff again a bit later and found some sense in his reasoning though, and decided it was okay at least as an initial read. I was kind of expecting him to want more at some point though.

I did not do a good job keeping that line of thought in mind, although I did at least call out that one post that really did ping me hard as a manipulation attempt. But I couldn't quite find the angle it was trying to manipulate- it seemed to be assuming I was scumreading him and I wasn't really doing so by that point because I had done my re-read by then and I wasn't getting the same vibes from him as our previous games. So I don't think it landed
quite
the way it was intended- I detected that it was a manipulation- but since his position worked out to apparently considering scumreading me if I
hadn't
scumread him, it was harder to see the scum motivation. And then he posted that wall that confused me and I just kinda went "ugh I'll worry about this later I guess he can just be a townlean for now because the scum-vibes just aren't there like before". (I believe DE also commented on not understanding that post? Does that really seem like how a scumteam acts? Both teammates just go "huh, I don't understand this?" to a teammate's post?)

And I believe I already touched on why I just freaking ignored DE the whole time.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #915 (isolation #57) » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:14 pm

Post by Aureal »

Aw, you actually explained to him why vigs get killed before ELO. :(
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #58) » Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:53 pm

Post by Aureal »

Well yeah, who wouldn't enjoy making sure Not_Mafia eats the night kill? :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (isolation #59) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:08 am

Post by Aureal »

Gosh and I haven't even given any commentary on the early game interactions yet. I'm going to be stuck in a clinic with an IV in my arm for a few hours this afternoon so I was planning on doing a re-read then. Right now my feeling is Cele>Snivy>Kitty is best flip order but I'll let you know if that changes after reviewing people's interactions. Ultimately it doesn't matter which order as long as it's that group and we don't get weirded out because people are agreeing and change course, like I would neeeeeever ever do.

(Python deserved it though :shifty: )
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #928 (isolation #60) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:08 am

Post by Aureal »

Feeling a little walled in?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 01, 2023 1:04 pm

Post by Aureal »

Awww, I was making notes

Spoiler:
50- "Snivy's hop onto my wagon" was a whopping second vote there, I guess could be distancing but probably more likely just shade
53- he does this to me too later so it feels more unpartnered, if you're scum who's gonna sheep someone's nebulous read then wouldn't you want it to be a wrong one so they're the one on the hotseat rather than the one who caught scum?
69- both are now voting Kitty, do they really do this to a partner who's a bit on the limbait side?
75- fascinating, maybe my comment on 53 is a little misguided given this, but promptly looking to vote elsewhere helps drive the impression that Kitty is getting wagoned for cause while not actually being on it anymore: seems like scum on town
99- petulant objection to being wagoned feels pretty authentic, although specifically quoting DE's vote which he already moved by this point is a bit weird
122- lul, probably not, just wants us to think so
135- yeah uh he's probably not just literally telling us both his partners
140- racing to help your partner's call to arms against your other partner doesn't seem that likely
144- that attempt on RC lasted long, lol
147- okay we're getting into heavy distancing in the next pages so this is interesting

Guess I can go nap or something for now then
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:48 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yaaaay, my calculation that I could play video games in my free time this week instead of trying to engage in an almost-pointless hunt to pinpoint exactly who the last mafia was worked out!

In post 964, Alianna wrote: P-edit: The mason softing was so obvious. :lol:
Yeah, it took like a whole two seconds to figure out who the other mason was after seeing bianco's flip. Sheesh guys!
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #63) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 977, Aisa wrote: Thanks for modding Alianna. Good game everyone!
In post 969, Celebloki wrote: Well as an aside, this was a lot of fun. I have been away from MS for nearly 10 years and left on sort of a sour note when I did. I recently was thinking about mafia and sort of on a whim /in'ed to this and another game DE is modding. I'm glad I did. Was having so much fun that I joined a third. unfortunately this one ended and I've died in the others so now I am all out of mafia again. Any feedback on m gameplay would be appreciated. I seem to come off scummy in any game I play lol. I struggle to post and constantly doubt what and how I've written my posts. The decision paralysis tends to keep my post count low in games.
You were lovely to play with. Getting scumread is not necessarily an indicator that you're playing badly - sometimes it's just that the rest of the town hasn't yet caught onto how brilliant you are ;)
Yeah, you did fine, you had like maybe four votes on you over the whole game? That's not really even being scumread. I sure got a lot more heat my first game back. I can't really offer any useful advice on how not to get scumread, it's just something that happens (to me)! I think probably the most consistent way to avoid it is being a frequent, reasonable-sounding wall poster (sort of like Aisa here!) Inject a little more confidence and you're probably about there- you just started getting a little more skepticism in late game because there was fewer places to look.
I also think it's really common for newer or returning players to the site to get scumread just because they post in way that are slightly less "standard". Again this doesn't necessarily mean you're doing anything wrong - just calmly re-explain whatever you were thinking to anyone who doubts you and you'll be fine!
OR JUST ALL CAPS COMPLAIN AT THEM

WORKS GREAT
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #992 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:01 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 990, yessiree wrote: "Video games"

My mental image of Aureal shattering in a million pieces
wut

you doubt my gaming prowess?
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #994 (isolation #65) » Thu Nov 02, 2023 6:09 pm

Post by Aureal »

I kinda felt it! Her absences felt a little more conspicuous than I was liking.
-furtiveglance

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”