Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:37 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 270, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 260, Hu Tao wrote: VOTE: Aureal

She is giving me off vibes for some reason
Are you able to expand a bit? Any specific posts that seem off?

- Thomith
Just her posting style isn't what I'm used to, that's the most I can explain at the moment. Also I think you misunderstood my post about hpe. I was asking why they those who think hpe is follower did not think that could be a soft to gimli. It was an independent post
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:49 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 245, Gimli wrote:
In post 243, Aureal wrote:
In post 238, Gimli wrote: considering the amount of heat the hydra is getting for being a hydra, it's unlikely that that's kira
I don't agree with that reasoning at all, but I am starting to get something of a townread on
some
of the heads so I guess they can at least be more nullish for now.
yeah okay

say you're a follower and cuddle is kira, you wouldn't go 'put it to e-1 and I'll hammer cause hydra', right? you wouldn't appeal to that being reasonable in the thread.

and we had hu tao, tbone and... fuck I forgot who else. but regardless that makes the pool of followers in a cuddle!kira world much more strict than every other slot in the game right now
Eh, okay, I see what you mean.

I guess there's something to this line of thought, but I don't think it's
significantly
less likely, there's still plenty of people not pressing them. Heck, T-Bone in particular I can somehow totally imagine saying that as a bold attempt to get people to
not
vote the hydra because it makes the wagon look really bad. And he could always just refuse to do so after the grace period if somehow people did actually run them up, he knew the hammer didn't unlock for 24 hours. Although given the rest of his posting with regard to them that might be a little harder to work around.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

I don't think either Kira follower softed in the first iteration of this game. It's extremely risky to try and pull off with so many townies looking for it. If they get caught it's literally game over

-Black
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 273, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 272, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 271, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 265, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 194, Aureal wrote:
In post 125, ActionDan wrote: @cuddles : I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine.
In post 7, CUDDLE TIME wrote: VOTE: HIGH PRINCESS SCUMRINYS

We've been opposite alignments for 4 games in a row, don't see a reason it would change now.
In post 8, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Okay bye I'm going to play the marathon NewD3 now.
????

The first one totally sounds like something I would say, and I'm always town so maaaaaybe I could kinda see it being towny (but really that's probably just a personal quirk of mine). But I definitely disagree on the second, it feels somewhat pre-emptively defensive to need to announce that you're leaving to do something else.
It's possible Dan meant the ISO numbers?? Which for Cuddle would be and which like. Kinda, but not really, other than being cranky about RVS.
Your posts have been all over the place. Here's a summary on your treatment on our slot that concerned me.

1. You voted us because it is futile effort on trying to understand me.

2. Thomith asked you why did you vote us before waiting for the other heads to post.

3. You said the hydra are a policy elim and you said we are destined to be a confusing clusterfuck.

4. You recently quoted a post of Action when he said our posts I'm assuming from page 1 - page 3 have been fine to him and you picked up 2 of my posts and me being cranky about rvs saying that you could see it coming from town but you voted us anyways.

Since you said you could kind of see my posting being town, then what was even the point of voting us in the first place? Was it because of clusterfuck from all of the heads?

- A
This is NOT Adorable talking to me, one way or another.
But moreover, yeah its mostly just a vote on prediction of your presence being a netneg due to dissonance and the associated chaos of 4 heads and yadda yadda yadda no better options yadda yadda yadda, you get it. NO clue what you're talking about with point 4, is the thing. Now that you've made me take a second look, "I can't shake that your post 7 and 8 doesn't come from scum. Rest of your hydra's posting is fine." isn't so clear about what its trying to say, if those posts are scummy or not, but regardless of that me pointing out your ISO 7/8 as opposed to actual 7/8 does not have anything to do with "but you voted us anyways." considering how late to the game my thoughts on the post from AD are compared to voting AND unvoting you. So it's really confusing me.
The post of yours you quoted Action, why did you bring up my post , , and the post where I got cranky with rvs? The way how I interpreted that post you quoted from Action it looked like you said you could see it coming from town.

On this quote of yours just now where you talk about point 4, instead you talk about being confused.

- A
okay THIS is the weird confusing adorable this one is used to

This one quoted Aureal who quoted Dan who said something about your posts, 7 and 8, and offered the alternative interpretation of "iso number 7 and 8???" because the actual literal posts and make even less sense to point out especially when AD isn't clear if he thinks they're from scum or town. All of this is completely and utterly unrelated to my vote on you, and saying "idk why he thinks any of these posts are scummy" doesn't retroactively make it related. If that's even what you're trying to
say here.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:51 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 251, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 242, Aureal wrote:
In post 237, Klick wrote:
In post 228, Aureal wrote:
In post 221, Klick wrote:
In post 218, Hu Tao wrote: My big question about this is why does it matter if they are follower or Kira? Even if they are follower and not Kira, voting them off is still good (just want to say this is from your point of view not mine, I don't have a read on hpe currently but I'll check after this)
Because HPE might let it slip that ActionDan is Kira
This train of thought confuses me. Clearly you think HPE has likely
already
let it slip. So I don't understand what more there would be to gain here. We're not going to get confirmation of HPE being follower or not. And you saying to all of us that you think Dan could be Kira to HPE's follower, if true surely just makes them that much more careful to try not to look like that. I don't know why you would say it if you're only just thinking it's a possibility, so this doesn't feel like a real thought that you have and that distresses me. :(
The post you quoted is mostly me trying to answer Hu Tao with as little information as possible. Because several people at this point want to extract everything they can out of my reasoning before neither HPE nor ActionDan give an adequate response.
Okay... fine...

I'm totally lost with whatever is going on here with you guys.

VOTE: ActionDan
You were questioning me but quickly dropped it. Kinda sus
Who are you talking to here?
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:59 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 254, Klick wrote: That post is the main reason I scumread HPE and I think it's a red herring
lol, yeah

I really don't think a follower comes in and decides "hey I'm gonna risk the game straightaway by promptly going up to Kira and obviously acting like a follower of him". Huge, huge risk and little to no benefit for it. Heck, even if nobody
else
ever notices it somehow, just tipping Kira off as to who a follower could be could make Kira act scummier and draw more attention to themself.
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:02 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 280, Aureal wrote:
In post 254, Klick wrote: That post is the main reason I scumread HPE and I think it's a red herring
lol, yeah

I really don't think a follower comes in and decides "hey I'm gonna risk the game straightaway by promptly going up to Kira and obviously acting like a follower of him". Huge, huge risk and little to no benefit for it. Heck, even if nobody
else
ever notices it somehow, just tipping Kira off as to who a follower could be could make Kira act scummier and draw more attention to themself.
No no, maybe the followers SHOULD tell us who Kira is, let them cook
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:07 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 256, Radical Rat wrote:
Aureal and Drew had a similar exchange in Reunion Mafia, and were both Town there.

Obviously, neither of them are HPE, so if this is something you think is coming from it as scum specifically, it could still hold significance. But I don't think the behavior is scummy in a vacuum.
Oh yeah, that was funny. XD It actually occurred to me that last morning as we were waiting for the final night's results that Drew might've been reading that interaction as me being their traitor. Of course, this is a very different setup, so I think it might be less likely to just happen than a game where there was no reason for town to think there was a traitor-like role.
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:16 am

Post by Doctor Drew »

- Thomith
Thomith, I didn't want to quite your big post, but Re: my reads

My read of Dan wasn't clear, I meant he has a style(similar to Bell actually) to his posting that I find scummy, but I am seeing that just is who he is, so my snap read is scum.....but I want to make sure it isn't just a style thing.

Aureal just seems to obvTown, sometimes early and sometimes later(similar to Alianna), her posting style so far shows me signs of that, go check out pico blitz that just ended if you want to see scumAureal

Bone, so far seemed identical to me as the Blitz game that also just ended, maybe calling his reads as sometimes head scratchy wasn't exactly right, but he kinda does his own thing, which I can really appreciate(trying to not let it influence my read too much, as I am very much the same as him)
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 281, Radical Rat wrote:
In post 280, Aureal wrote:
lol, yeah

else
No no, maybe the followers SHOULD tell us who Kira is, let them cook
Yeah, that's been my thought too so it's giving me great confusion over what Klick is doing. I don't think we ever should waste an elimination on someone we're confident is a follower, not Kira.

So that made me think about it more and now I'm not sure HPE isn't Kira either.

:?
-furtiveglance
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:28 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 284, Aureal wrote: I don't think we ever should waste an elimination on someone we're confident is a follower, not Kira.
This is mega sus

If we are convinced someone is a follower then we take them out. One less person to use the Real Name ability thing
In post 2, Enchant wrote: Kira Followers
Knows which player is Kira, but not each other. At Night can use ability and learn Real Name of living target. If learned Real Name is different from Visible Name of target, it means they are fellow Kira Follower or Detective.
-Black
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:30 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 279, Aureal wrote:
In post 242, Aureal wrote:
In post 237, Klick wrote:
In post 228, Aureal wrote:
In post 221, Klick wrote:
In post 218, Hu Tao wrote: My big question about this is why does it matter if they are follower or Kira? Even if they are follower and not Kira, voting them off is still good (just want to say this is from your point of view not mine, I don't have a read on hpe currently but I'll check after this)
Because HPE might let it slip that ActionDan is Kira
This train of thought confuses me. Clearly you think HPE has likely
already
let it slip. So I don't understand what more there would be to gain here. We're not going to get confirmation of HPE being follower or not. And you saying to all of us that you think Dan could be Kira to HPE's follower, if true surely just makes them that much more careful to try not to look like that. I don't know why you would say it if you're only just thinking it's a possibility, so this doesn't feel like a real thought that you have and that distresses me. :(
The post you quoted is mostly me trying to answer Hu Tao with as little information as possible. Because several people at this point want to extract everything they can out of my reasoning before neither HPE nor ActionDan give an adequate response.
Okay... fine...

I'm totally lost with whatever is going on here with you guys.

VOTE: ActionDan
You. Were you not suspect of me?
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:38 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 283, Doctor Drew wrote:

- Thomith

My read of Dan wasn't clear, I meant he has a style(similar to Bell actually) to his posting that I find scummy, but I am seeing that just is who he is, so my snap read is scum.....but I want to make sure it isn't just a style thing.

Aureal just seems to obvTown, sometimes early and sometimes later(similar to Alianna), her posting style so far shows me signs of that, go check out pico blitz that just ended if you want to see scumAureal

Bone, so far seemed identical to me as the Blitz game that also just ended, maybe calling his reads as sometimes head scratchy wasn't exactly right, but he kinda does his own thing, which I can really appreciate(trying to not let it influence my read too much, as I am very much the same as him)
Ah, people trying to meta-read me. Somehow this keeps happening, even though I keep telling people it's a bad idea (as if it wasn't obvious). :lol:

Are you actually trying to use that silly game as some sort of baseline for what you think I'd do as scum, Drew? I never understood your insistence that I (or Alianna for that matter) have some sort of town-tell, so excuse me if I don't just take your word for it that this is a real read. :P
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:47 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 285, CUDDLE TIME wrote:
In post 284, Aureal wrote: I don't think we ever should waste an elimination on someone we're confident is a follower, not Kira.
This is mega sus

If we are convinced someone is a follower then we take them out. One less person to use the Real Name ability thing
In post 2, Enchant wrote: Kira Followers
Knows which player is Kira, but not each other. At Night can use ability and learn Real Name of living target. If learned Real Name is different from Visible Name of target, it means they are fellow Kira Follower or Detective.
-Black
Oh right, that's a thing. I guess I didn't pay that much attention because it doesn't even really seem like a very useful thing? It's not like they can pass Kira a note saying "hey that person's got a fake name, nuke 'em". That was a major plot point in the show- Misa found out L's name with the eyes but got caught before Light could get the information from her.

I guess they could just out themself and post in the game thread? But like, that would have a 50% chance of backfiring and getting the other follower killed and then both of them are outted and that's a lot of info to try to work backwards to find Kira with. At most I could see them try to push a wagon on the target, which depending on the circumstances could be really obviously a result of a night action.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:00 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 286, Hu Tao wrote:
I was questioning you?? Are you seriously trying to turn into some sort of gotcha? That feels incredibly bad faith- it's obviously not something about which I expect a response from you. That you felt the need to do it anyway with an obvious "ask yourself" answer and then come at me for not responding to your pointless response (and yes, I
am
asking myself :roll: ) is pretty WTF

VOTE: Hu Tao
-furtiveglance
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:15 pm

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

In post 288, Aureal wrote: Oh right, that's a thing. I guess I didn't pay that much attention because it doesn't even really seem like a very useful thing?
Yeah, maybe I'm overestimating it but I feel like the followers being able to catch the Detective or narrow down the list of possible Detectives is pretty strong. After thinking about it a little more though I think Kira and Co. don't even really have to worry about the killing the Detective if they are positioned to survive 5 days. I can see how fading a follower could seem like a waste when we only have 5 fades total

-Black
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Aureal »

Yeah, I think a lot of how Kira faction approaches using their actions is going to depend on their thread position. Like, Kira might not even want to make nightkills I think, unless they think they've got a good bead on who the detective is early on. Would've been interesting to see how this plays out in practice the first time around but obviously it kinda went sideways right from the start. XD
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 12:40 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 287, Aureal wrote:
In post 283, Doctor Drew wrote:

- Thomith

Ah, people trying to meta-read me. Somehow this keeps happening, even though I keep telling people it's a bad idea (as if it wasn't obvious). :lol:

Are you actually trying to use that silly game as some sort of baseline for what you think I'd do as scum, Drew? I never understood your insistence that I (or Alianna for that matter) have some sort of town-tell, so excuse me if I don't just take your word for it that this is a real read. :P
In pico I had you pegged as scum right away, the one time I was in a game with scumAlianna I was the only person who was saying she wasn't town yet. Both of you give similar obvTown tells eventually in a game, just so happens I caught it early this game from you.

Just because you don't think you have a town tell, doesn't mean you don't, so despite your efforts here lol.....you are town.

Do you think I am faking my reads?
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 2:02 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 289, Aureal wrote:
I was questioning you?? Are you seriously trying to turn into some sort of gotcha? That feels incredibly bad faith- it's obviously not something about which I expect a response from you. That you felt the need to do it anyway with an obvious "ask yourself" answer and then come at me for not responding to your pointless response (and yes, I
am

Who said anything about a gotcha? You seem overly defensive
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 3:49 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 292, Doctor Drew wrote: Just because you don't think you have a town tell, doesn't mean you don't, so despite your efforts here lol.....you are town.

Maybe? I've certainly seen you express confident reads like this as town before, but at the same time it's not that hard to fake when you're just making a read with no reasoning, lol. I'm not really sure
why
you would at this point though so I guess I lean towards no. Even if you needing to ask if I think you're faking makes me feel like you're a little concerned about how you look or something, it's a bit weird.
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:02 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 293, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 289, Aureal wrote:
am

Who said anything about a gotcha? You seem overly defensive
Wow, I am totally not surprised by this response. Okay never mind, I'm surprised in that it literally does not contain the phrase 'OMGUS' but otherwise it's exactly what I expected. If you actually understood how I operate and were being genuine here you'd totally understand that I'm gonna bite back when I sense someone making a bad push at me, not wag your finger about defensiveness. :roll:
-furtiveglance
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Hu Tao »

In the last games, I don't remember you acting this way as town. Maybe I need to relook.
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:41 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 294, Aureal wrote:
In post 292, Doctor Drew wrote: Just because you don't think you have a town tell, doesn't mean you don't, so despite your efforts here lol.....you are town.

Maybe? I've certainly seen you express confident reads like this as town before, but at the same time it's not that hard to fake when you're just making a read with no reasoning, lol. I'm not really sure
why
you would at this point though so I guess I lean towards no. Even if you needing to ask if I think you're faking makes me feel like you're a little concerned about how you look or something, it's a bit weird.
I just wanted to know if you were more thinking that I shouldn't be able to read you so well, or if you think I am just bullshitting my reads

It is fine if you think either way, just wanted clarification on your mindset.

But enough about you lol.

I get that people are looking for any sort of signalling to and from Kira to their followers, but like any traitor game it does become a slippery slope before there is a flip of a follower.

Like I tend to believe that HPE was just shit posting, but then when it was called out or the post HPE was left with no real position to defend itself.

Can someone make a case for HPE as scum besides that post? Or point me to a case they made?
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 4:42 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 296, Hu Tao wrote: In the last games, I don't remember you acting this way as town. Maybe I need to relook.
You don't remember Aureal being defensive?
T-Bone
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
T-Bone
He/Him
A Cut Above
A Cut Above

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by T-Bone »

In post 222, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I was gonna have him as town but if he can make those kind of posts as scum, then I shouldn't.

T-Bone can you send me a random scum game of yours?
Can you explain to me why you want it? Meta is trash. (but seriously I want to know your reasoning as specific as you can give it)
My Top 40 Alt Songs of the Year!

"Playing in a Newbie game doesn't count" ~ PenguinPower, Feb 2019

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”