Mini Theme 2328: Death Note: Second Page. Day 3!

Micro and Mini Theme Games (based on source material and/or changes to mechanics/rules)
(13 players or fewer)
. Signups Here
Klick
Klick
Flash Forward
Klick
Flash Forward
Flash Forward

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Klick »

I can't remember if I've said this or not but I've gone off HPE!scum a bit
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: it/its, not they

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:10 am

Post by HighPrincessErinys »

In post 475, Klick wrote: I can't remember if I've said this or not but I've gone off HPE!scum a bit
You unvoted this one, so seemed clear enough to it.
not a person, just a doll~
this one refers to itself in the third person
Get To Know A Doll
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:17 am

Anyway this one is gonna shower now and then probably like, game or whatever for a while. Toodles~
Get To Know A Doll
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:19 am

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 472, HighPrincessErinys wrote: Some skills are better than others, that's true, but remember that:
  • We only get 10 skills total.
  • Kira knows which ones aren't in play, which means he knows which ARE.
  • 3 of those 10 will be on the scumteam.
  • And only a handful are
    particularly
    useful, but there's good odds we're missing several by way of being the outlier 5, or on scum.
So if you think "Well gee Erinys, now you've really done it! We could lose a useful skill by Kira targeting people other than you!", then you should consider how unlikely it is that of the 6 most useful skills (Access To Files, Clingy, Go To Jail, Autopsy (highly debatable), Check and Calling For Time (also debatable)), town realistically only has access to like... 3? And both Autopsy and Calling For Time can be used against town. Same with Clingy, actually.
I mean, yeah, it's not like. Game-ruining end of the world stuff, and it is possible Town didn't get many of the more useful ones, but I don't see how using it for a rather weak LAMIST argument while you're only under moderate pressure is worth that? And even if you think all of that is useless, and think this is a stronger clear than otherwise, what is it about the current situation that motivated you to claim now?
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:47 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 473, Klick wrote:
In post 461, Hu Tao wrote: I still think aureal is scum here. Something feels off about her.
Can you reach deeper into this if you think you can?
I'm a gut read player. She just feels different than last time I played with her when she was town. So I have a tendency to think she's gonna be scum here
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:50 am

In post 478, Radical Rat wrote: what is it about the current situation that motivated you to claim now?
A continuation of the giant mechanical spitball rant? Also my first time getting hit with LAMIST, how exciting!
Get To Know A Doll
CUDDLE TIME
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
CUDDLE TIME
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:16 am

Post by CUDDLE TIME »

So if I'm understanding this right, hpe used the incognito skill on gimli and his flavor name will show on day 2 and does both gimli and hpe need to be alive for the name to show up on day 2?

Funnily, me and my hydra partners have talked about our suspicion on both of those players in the hydra chat.

- A
Hydra of DragonEater70 (he/him) ~ Black (she/her) ~ Adorable (she/her) ~ Thomith (he/they)
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:27 am

In post 481, CUDDLE TIME wrote: So if I'm understanding this right, hpe used the incognito skill on gimli and his flavor name will show on day 2 and does both gimli and hpe need to be alive for the name to show up on day 2?
Shouldn't need us alive, no.
In post 481, CUDDLE TIME wrote: Funnily, me and my hydra partners have talked about our suspicion on both of those players in the hydra chat.

- A
also ratio
Get To Know A Doll
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:01 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 463, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 458, Aureal wrote:
In post 455, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I read it. Why announce that? Scum would likely have tried to find out his name but now won't caus they know it reveals day 2
Are we really just all playing clueless about incognito? First Gimli pushing HPE for giving him incognito and now... whatever this is? If you literally just read up on what it is you should know it's obvious that Gimli had incognito since game start and therefore his name will be revealed day 2. What other way of obscuring his name would exist?
Wouldn't say Gimli pushed me for giving him Incog, he had no way of knowing it was me, but frfrfrfrfr
Well I feel like he, knowing he had been given incognito by someone else rather than it being his own randomly assigned skill, would naturally take your greeting him the way you did as a sign that you likely were the one who gave it to him. Instead he called you nervous.
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:14 am

Post by Aureal »

In post 479, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 461, Hu Tao wrote: I still think aureal is scum here. Something feels off about her.
I'm a gut read player. She just feels different than last time I played with her when she was town. So I have a tendency to think she's gonna be scum here
In post 182, Hu Tao wrote: I'm never voting drew this game, probably scum.

Something cool gives me off vibes. So probably not voting them for the time being.

Aureal seems different so probably not voting them today.

Everyone else has a chance to join my town core
Try getting some new material instead of just reusing the same read? :lol:

(To avoid confusion, in that game we wanted to vote for town, not the jester team)
"Yeah after a point it felt like Aureal was the only one talking sense despite being a goose so I just followed."
-furtiveglance
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 484, Aureal wrote:

Something cool gives me off vibes. So probably not voting them for the time being.

(To avoid confusion, in that game we wanted to vote for town, not the jester team)
But you seem different from that game too
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:24 am

Post by Hu Tao »

Or maybe I'm actually a follower or Kira. Who knows. What do you think, Aureal?
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:26 am

In post 486, Hu Tao wrote: Or maybe I'm actually a follower or Kira. Who knows. What do you think, Aureal?
Can we be follower besties together............?
Get To Know A Doll
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:36 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 487, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
In post 486, Hu Tao wrote: Or maybe I'm actually a follower or Kira. Who knows. What do you think, Aureal?
Can we be follower besties together............?
Yes!
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:46 am

Post by Aureal »

Sorry, the applications to be my followers have already closed. Better luck next time!
-furtiveglance
Doctor Drew
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Doctor Drew
He/Him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Doctor Drew »

In post 485, Hu Tao wrote:
In post 484, Aureal wrote:

But you seem different from that game too
We are the same in that we go off vibes, I feel like Aureal's vibes here have been squarely town.

Is there anything specific about her play this game that jumps out to you?
'dREW DID IT BETTER' - T-Bone
'doctor drew our hero' - Shiki
'I love playing with him, he's got an amazing presence to him that just feels like the game is lacking something when he's not there' - JacksonVirgo
ActionDan
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
ActionDan
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:32 pm

Post by ActionDan »

Notes:

Post 26 from HPE is still the scummiest post in the early game.
The change in attitude from 60 vs 71 does not make much sense regardless of what justification one might use. If this for any reason is tied to 80 then that is worse as Adorable is perfectly understandable.

By page 5 both Black / Gimli offering Aureal town reads citing "Aggression" are shallow 70, 107 . Aureal back and forth with CT is mirrors what is typical for the early game (much like grasping at straws) but content from Aureal's side if it was given a deeper look should not be garnering such reads.

102 is not germane to the game but worse is 105 which unnecessarily shoots down HPE for a fair point.

119 "Klick is obvtown since his 2nd post" is not true. If this was some reference to a post during the fake reaction testing thing that he clearly saw coming, it would not be true either.

Noting that on page 6 I agree with HPE here in that I had not seen Hydra dissonance until that page. T-bone somehow managing to catch that there was private dissonance makes him a better sleuth than I since I was not sensitive to it occurring based on Dragon's testimony. I take Hydra dissonance in stride as it is hard to help it regardless of Hydra's alignment, However it is true that reveling in dissonance is scummy for Hydras. That particular level has not even remotely occurred thus far.
In post 164, CUDDLE TIME wrote: I think HPE is scum for several reasons: its approach to Adorable, specifically soft defending it but not really townreading it, feels scum motivated and similar to how I've seen it interact with town (as scum) in Mini Normal 2322
This resonates with me. Eating your cake and having it too is how I would describe it after posts like 145 147 158. There is a logic about voting a "policy lim" until something better comes along but its undercut by the reason its a policy lim, that is, being expected to be dissonant and a net negative to town and also being personally fine with Hydra's current play. That and I don't see what makes Adorable incite a kneejerk reaction so conclusion is that all of this is fake.

167 I think Dragon sounds more town than Black sounds anything atm. I also like Thomith and Adorable is just fine. There is a large gradient of movement here suggesting town basically.

173 This is correct.

186 I suppose this is better late than never.

--- I sense the game transitions from here to a new phase.

I'm simply not into Aureal's posting on page 8. I'm a little biased here as some of it concerns me and I know it's followed by a vote after at some point. Shallow is what I'd call it; no real depth going on and I can't help but wonder if there's some tailored aggression / exaggeration that's playing into what got her a couple townreads prior.

In contrast I do like Hu's posts on page 9. The takes are simple but good throughout. Though vote still on Cuddles.
In post 226, Doctor Drew wrote: I think I am locking Aureal as town
If you're going to use Meta to back this up I'd like to know if there's any actual content from Aureal that you are fond of that you can say holds up as town on its own.

Of course after dissing Aureal 228 is solid. (but 229 is not!)

Hydra posts between 197 and 243 are limited to Black voting Hu. Some introspection perhaps?

246 Really? It does not strike me that Klick is in particular "working out the game" via voting / pressuring HPE. supposing HPE as a follower is not a noteworthy deduction. More notable Klick contributions are town reads on Cuddle and possibly T-bone, if anything. Also between posts 239 and 240, I recall your townreads of Aureal / Cuddle being relatively fast in 107. If those were not hardened reads than the ones in 239/240 are and are also imo just as fast as Klick's. That strikes me as a tad hypocritical.

251 is a bit uncharitable. while I'm not fond of 229, it is just one question.

--- Game is going to change its tone again but I need a bit of sleep before continuing this.

I haven't reached any definite conclusions but I think it's a bit obvious who I'm wary of from the above.
I'll give you a moment to let that sink in
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 456, Aureal wrote:
In post 445, Gimli wrote: HPE could easily be kira with aureal and maybe will o'wisp as followers

all aureal did this game wrt HPE was soft defend it
I what now? I think I was the first one giving HPE a funny look for the way it voted! The rest of y'all are just following me! :P
if you mean #82 that wasn't a push, it was inconsequential commentary.

more important than that is, for instance, the way you soft defend HPE in #194, #198, #201, #228, then a pivot to voting actiondan with klick after suspecting his train of thought (!)

then #280, then #383, etc etc

you never come here and say 'I think HPE is towny for this and that reasoning', but you defend it from the many posters scumreading it throughout the entirety of this d1.
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:19 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 455, Hu Tao wrote: Okay I read it. Why announce that? Scum would likely have tried to find out his name but now won't caus they know it reveals day 2
Are we really just all playing clueless about incognito? First Gimli pushing HPE for giving him incognito and now... whatever this is? If you literally just read up on what it is you should know it's obvious that Gimli had incognito since game start and therefore his name will be revealed day 2. What other way of obscuring his name would exist?
I never pushed HPE for giving me incognito. where did you get that from?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 483, Aureal wrote:
In post 463, HighPrincessErinys wrote:
Wouldn't say Gimli pushed me for giving him Incog, he had no way of knowing it was me, but frfrfrfrfr
Well I feel like he, knowing he had been given incognito by someone else rather than it being his own randomly assigned skill, would naturally take your greeting him the way you did as a sign that you likely were the one who gave it to him. Instead he called you nervous.
you're reaching so hard with the HPE defence that you have to argue with HPE about it. I don't know where you got that I'd have to assume I was given incognito. I mean, maybe, if I was really good at picking up signs and if had read the setup with attention. maybe you'd pick it up if you were in my shoes? but also why would I think someone would post pockety to me just because they've given me incognito?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:36 pm

Post by Gimli »

in other news I also dislike how RR is pushing HPE because revealing incognito isn't a scummy thing
I'll tie your legs
HighPrincessErinys
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
HighPrincessErinys
it/its, not they
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:58 pm

damn, this one got pocketed while trying to pocket? it kneels to the true pocketeer
Get To Know A Doll
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:45 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 496, HighPrincessErinys wrote: damn, this one got pocketed while trying to pocket? it kneels to the true pocketeer
here here

thanks for the incognito

who do you think is kira, HPE?
I'll tie your legs
Aureal
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Aureal
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:51 pm

Post by Aureal »

In post 491, ActionDan wrote:Adorable is perfectly understandable.
I do not agree with this. Even Adorable's own hydra partners started laughing there about, apparently, how Adorable has a reputation for being difficult to understand. Which Adorable definitely was there.
If you're going to use Meta to back this up I'd like to know if there's any actual content from Aureal that you are fond of that you can say holds up as town on its own.
Yeah Drew, are you gonna actually answer that question when it doesn't come from me?? :lol:

(He won't.)
Of course after dissing Aureal 228 is solid. (but 229 is not!)
Well if you want me to elaborate a little more on 229 rather than throw out a quick 'this post pings me' response I can now that I've thought about it some. Hu's post felt flat and pointless. She says she was going to have a read on T-Bone but decided not to because someone said so. And asking for someone to link you to a scum game of theirs is basically always going to make me roll my eyes.
251 is a bit uncharitable. while I'm not fond of 229, it is just one question.
It's really not even a question so yes, it was very much uncharitable.
-furtiveglance
Radical Rat
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Radical Rat
They/Them
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Fri Feb 23, 2024 10:53 pm

Post by Radical Rat »

In post 495, Gimli wrote: in other news I also dislike how RR is pushing HPE because revealing incognito isn't a scummy thing
I didn't say it was scummy. It (the action) doesn't seem to make sense as any alignment here. I was just trying to understand its (the High Princess) thought process.
Maybe the real Mafia was the friends we made along the way

Shiny and new GTKAS thread!

Return to “Coney Island [Mini Theme Games]”