Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #781 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:36 am

Post by Gimli »

hi

I was kinda keeping tabs on this game and I knew black was probably towning so I thought I'd just come in, solve, annoy everyone and die like a hero

I'll read in a bit!

<3
I'll tie your legs
Keep you against my chest
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:03 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 91, JupiterXV wrote: gamers do yall think jake voting purple is scum-motivated or not
that was my initial impression, as well

my thoughts up to page 4 where this happened is that jupiter is probably towning, given I'm mindmelding with this comment about jake, and that jake the wolfie could be scum for the same reasons jupiter pointed out. I dislike RVS cause I'm kinda tone deaf to joking content in general but I felt like jake was especially not flowing with the rest of the likely townies, and the 'excellent take' followed by a vote on purplemango felt a little awkward and out of place.

I also didn't feel like purplemango was scummy so I just didnt get the wagon being formed there.
In post 95, Jake The Wolfie wrote: The Gamers Have Spoken. Jake Is Looking For Excuses To Execute People.

In other news, I am recovering frm being sick
I'm pinged by the joke and the subsequent comment about recovering from sickness because it feels to me like jake is very uncomfortable with the scumreads and tried in two different comments here to distract people from it. the joke is that kind of cynical response people give when they're caught red handed, and the 'recovering from being sick' is an out of game topic that shows jake wants to stop this conversation altogether.
In post 109, JupiterXV wrote: jake town btw
I think you had the right idea on p4 and then whatever happened took you out of it. I find the bouncing around with this jake read more evidence that jupiter is just a townie in this game btw.
In post 122, Black wrote: I would never vote for someone because they were at work :lol:
I would

#eliminatetheworkingclass

I'm just kidding, I'm a communist

#eliminateallbosses
In post 139, halfasleep wrote:
In post 138, KayJayQueue wrote: VOTE: JupiterXV
weird to piggyback off what awesomeming is saying without adding anything yourself. can't tell if partnered or just opportunism.
I understand halfasleep's post here and I think I would probably scumread KJQ for that vote if it wasn't just too damn blatant to be an actual scummy thing.

I'm wanting to townread halfasleep for correctly townreading black as well so I'll give it a weak townie atm.
In post 140, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 139, halfasleep wrote:
In post 138, KayJayQueue wrote: VOTE: JupiterXV
weird to piggyback off what awesomeming is saying without adding anything yourself. can't tell if partnered or just opportunism.
I’m not piggybacking, I’m just in a bad mood and his posts were getting annoying. I don’t know why town would just spam nonsense that doesn’t move the game forward. I get having a bit of banter and some jokes but I guess I just feel it’s excessive.
that's on brand for KJQ, I feel. I do not think she is scum this game either rn but we'll see.

solidified a townread on KJQ for her subsequent posts on page 6.

I'm hitting send cause aint no one got the time for the doom of my catch up

I kinda think the scumteam is jake and virgo tho
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:18 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm extremely confident that halfasleep is a townie, especially if I'm right that this is a newer player. pinging right to me and page 7-8 is gloriously towny content.

fireisred seems decently townie, I like that he is not trying to come off as townie and seems to be evaluating the game instead. this comment:
In post 185, fireisredsir wrote: ok zzz i looked at purplemango's past games and i think he actually had less trouble getting into the game as scum than as town
shows a player being lowkey abt things but also working a lot off thread, meaning he is not showing the full extent of his work but he is working.
In post 187, fireisredsir wrote: VOTE: jacksonvirgo
+ this is just a good vote imo
In post 198, fireisredsir wrote: these reads seem fine to me

i think it's probably healthiest for the gamestate to pretend that halfasleep is town for now
yes

I think I wanna cross your name as a townie rn.
In post 207, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 205, JacksonVirgo wrote: VOTE: halfasleep

I’ll explain more in depth later, I’m working. I know they’re not me but their actions are reminding me of my own tells as a wolf. Elaboration coming soon
SAME BRAIN
VOTE: halfasleep
no, stop voting townies (I'm still pretty town on you)
In post 223, DragonEater70 wrote: supercalifragilisticexpialidocious
even though the sound of it is something quite atrocious
In post 229, JacksonVirgo wrote: Sad. I think Jups logic is wrong but I love the spirit. My thing with halfasleep is that that they post a bunch of reasoning, formatted and everything and when questioned about it further they then use their experience as a sort of buffer. They didn’t seem too worried about it before then. I can expand further but I’m walking as I type and don’t wanna smack into someone
I want to flip this.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:19 am

Post by Gimli »

halfasleep

JacksonVirgo
Jake The Wolfie
KayJayQueue

Purplemango
JupiterXV

fireisredsir

awesomeming327

I'll read the rest later

still think jackson/jake is where at least 1 scum is

purple and awesome seem more genuine at any rate.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #793 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:21 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 783, KayJayQueue wrote: My top scumreads are, in order,: Black-slot(Gimli), then halfasleep, then possibly Jupiter-slot(Thom)

I townread Jackson.

Null on PurpleMango.

Jake, ming are slight town for the moment.

Not sure about fireisredsir.
I have a hunch that you got pocketed by scum between pages 10 and 30 but I'll read later to be sure
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #795 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 251, fireisredsir wrote: i think ming feels towny
maybe

I was thinking purple felt townie in that exchange as well, and not so sure on ming. but that last big paragraph you're apparently reacting to felt good.
In post 253, Black wrote:
In post 251, fireisredsir wrote: i think ming feels towny
I wanted to say it feels like TvT but I was worried someone would call me scummy for it :lol:

And no folks this isn't scummy. I worry about how people read me when I'm town. Get over it
good to see likeminded folk agreeing on this. kinda cheating the game a little that I know black is a townie and I can sheep her insights :nerd:

halfasleep

JacksonVirgo
Jake The Wolfie

KayJayQueue

Purplemango

JupiterXV

fireisredsir

awesomeming327

so that's my solve

@fireisred is there anyone you'd like me to review particularly? I think I wanna skip pages 11-30 as I'm sure it was a lot of emotional posting that's frustrating and annoying to read.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #796 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:46 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 370, fireisredsir wrote: i want to flip jake and JV
yes

thats the game I think
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #797 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:48 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 794, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 793, Gimli wrote:
In post 783, KayJayQueue wrote: My top scumreads are, in order,: Black-slot(Gimli), then halfasleep, then possibly Jupiter-slot(Thom)

I townread Jackson.

Null on PurpleMango.

Jake, ming are slight town for the moment.

Not sure about fireisredsir.
I have a hunch that you got pocketed by scum between pages 10 and 30 but I'll read later to be sure
If I did, he’s amazing 10/10 I concede to being terrible at this game lol
btw who's that 'he' you're referring to?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #800 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:50 am

Post by Gimli »

KJQ, if I uncross you from my townie list, will that be too annoying?

I kinda want to cause that 'he' felt a bit like you're TMIing on a partner :nerd:

so, like, I'd flip both jake and virgo, and if that doesn't end the game I'd flip you but I still pretty much think you're a townie

pedit: I see, its virgo then.

VOTE: jacksonvirgo
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #801 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:51 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 798, KayJayQueue wrote: I don’t think you should be skipping anything.
okay

I kinda wanna hear what fireisred has to say
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #807 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:07 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 802, KayJayQueue wrote: It’s not annoying, do what you need to do. It’s not correct but if your slot is scum I don’t really expect any less and I do strongly read your slot as scum currently.
I believe you

if I do end up getting flipped today (as it could be the case as I seem to be antagonized strongly by my two scumreads and by you), the one thing I do ask you, considering you'll know for sure I'm on your team (if you're a townie), is that you take both my reads and black's reads as valuable pieces of information going forward, and reevaluate your own leans with this in mind.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #809 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:08 am

Post by Gimli »

okay I'll skim through the rest
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #817 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:24 am

Post by Gimli »

I like jake's self vote shenanigans on page 11-12 and I understand the scumread on black

I think mango doesn't look so good by the way they were reacting to it. felt like someone not knowing what to say:
In post 317, Purplemango wrote:
In post 315, JupiterXV wrote: i don't think this is trolling, kay- i think it's just a scum move here
But whats the point of it??
Like "yes come on vote me" so we wouldn't do it and just hope that we will ignore him or something?
In post 327, Purplemango wrote:
In post 320, JupiterXV wrote:
In post 315, JupiterXV wrote: i don't think this is trolling, kay- i think it's just a scum move here
Like "yes come on vote me" so we wouldn't do it and just hope that we will ignore him or something?
i did talk about this earlier

ok so are you asking me to explain to you why people use this strategy or why this makes jake scum?
How will this help him as scum for longer term?
I thought even before they were scum, so my problem is not in that but like
What the thought process for that
jack's page 15 also feels scummy like he doesn't know what to say and doesn't want the spotlight on him. I don't believe this:
In post 355, JacksonVirgo wrote: Jake wagon is silly
In post 356, Black wrote:
Why?
In post 357, JacksonVirgo wrote: I wanted to say something controversial so I get heat on me, I need motivation
In post 358, Black wrote: So you don't think the wagon is silly or...
In post 359, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’m indifferent to it
I think one way or another, what jake did was very AI and it feels unnatural for a townie to be indifferent about it. I also felt like jacksonvirgo was backtracking on defending jake instead of being actually indifferent to it.
In post 367, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 366, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 365, KayJayQueue wrote:
Is this because I used the word silly in our last game to describe what I thought (correctly) was an TvT argument and immediately people jumped down my throat? Because if so, good plan lol
Mhm, I am definitely appealing to you in particular :)
I see you getting your pocket ready for me, that’s so sweet of you lol
see when I said KJQ looked pocketed by scum, I didn't really know who it was as I wasn't on this page or anything. she just feels like a townie and also feels like having backwards reads, as all her scumleans are townies and she is townreading my scumpool.

I don't think they're scum partners at any rate fwiw.
In post 382, fireisredsir wrote: - nothing he's done really feels like it's motivated by solving the game in a genuine way

- he reminds me a lot of the game i just played where he was scum, particularly in how he is approaching the game, what he's choosing to focus on, and how his reads develop

- this section of reactions feels manufactured and i dont believe that they come from a town mindset. they also feel likely to be partnered
Spoiler:
In post 357, JacksonVirgo wrote: I wanted to say something controversial so I get heat on me, I need motivation
In post 359, JacksonVirgo wrote: I’m indifferent to it
In post 360, JacksonVirgo wrote: I do think I was wrong on halfasleep
In post 361, JacksonVirgo wrote: Actually I take that back
In post 362, JacksonVirgo wrote: Their jump onto Jake looks awful
In post 363, JacksonVirgo wrote: Actually is it awful?
In post 364, JacksonVirgo wrote: I wanna think on that
my impressions as well, fire. we should fade jackson today, iyam.
In post 383, fireisredsir wrote: the spam of thoughts in that specific way and in that specific context i think just comes from scum who wants to make it look like they're having a nuanced thought process but i don't think it would look like that if he had a green pm
yup so much this bestie
In post 386, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: JacksonVirgo

Who wants to ride the Jackson train? Now that Fire mentions it, this play reminds me of the last time I played with him.
yeah jake is a townie

hitting send cause this got too big
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (isolation #13) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:32 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 389, halfasleep wrote:
In post 386, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: JacksonVirgo

Who wants to ride the Jackson train? Now that Fire mentions it, this play reminds me of the last time I played with him.
immediate kneejerk to being called partnered?
this gave me pause.

maybe.

I do think jake's self vote and posts afterwards are coming from a genuine place. I want to explore mango as a potential scum candidate now, cause that was the worst reaction to jake apart from jackson.
In post 412, fireisredsir wrote: my townlean on purplemango is probably the weakest one
jackson/mango anyone?
In post 423, JupiterXV wrote: wow I came back to thread after forty minutes on public transit and I think I've seen a lot of scum theatre, (JV, Jake, Purple)

half-asleep I will respond to purplemango for the sake of fairness, I have part of that post written and will work on it later
my scumpool as well bestie

I am scratching jake off of it though, I think that's a townie now.
In post 429, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 427, halfasleep wrote:
In post 425, KayJayQueue wrote: VOTE: Black
say more?
I think scum is hiding behind this Jake-sized red herring so I’m venturing out to find them.
thats the right idea - but wrong conclusion. black was evidently not the player hiding behind anything, she was taking solid stances throughout jake's self vote.

who I felt like they were hiding and not trying to commit either way were mango and virgo.

hitting send, sorry for the annoyingly long catch up...
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (isolation #14) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:40 am

Post by Gimli »

I don't want to read anymore of this

I guess jackson felt kinda townie at times but I still maintain that all his posting previous to 'catching' obv tilted vt jupiter in a 'perspective slip' looked decent

not decent enough for me to stop scumreading him but decent enough that I don't want to fade this today, maybe

can we flip mango?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #839 (isolation #15) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:45 am

Post by Gimli »

also I'm sorry for ignoring you thomith but I think you're just having a problem with the perspective of someone who's been playing the game for 2 hours, while you're here for a bit longer than that

I gave my thoughts in real time on why I said it could be TMI, I didn't immediately assume she was talking about jackson. I called KJQ pocketed by scum because of her reads in general. I do understand it was obvious to everyone else that I was *supposed* to be talking about jackson, but that was not as obvious to me!

speaking of being pocketed by jackson, I am pinged by page... 31? when KJQ says she is scumreading fireisred (or something) and jackson calls his town to her. it feels like jackson is trying to blend into a towncore by defending townies from other townies as scum.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (isolation #16) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:46 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 835, JacksonVirgo wrote: Gimli, your catchup being long is good. Gives us stuff to work woth, I can’t read it much beyond just a skim at the moment but thank you
thanks thats really sweet

WE'RE STILL THUNDERDOMING maybe

what do you think about mango?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #845 (isolation #17) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 840, JacksonVirgo wrote: I said he was town before she said that, did you happen to miss that? Or selectively ignore it?
I saw it

that's what I'd do as scum, just townread fire and KJQ and align myself with my townreads

your entire play makes sense I just think it comes from scum a lot cause of all the times scum played their cards exactly like you played yours. in many different instances of this gamethread.

give me a spicy mango read
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #846 (isolation #18) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:49 am

Post by Gimli »

you're welcome DE <3
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (isolation #19) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:51 am

Post by Gimli »

ISO'd mango now

its really not a great ISO is it, a lot of superficial posting, blending in, not doing much

from all I read of this game this is POEd down as the most likely candidate for scum d1

we flip?

VOTE: mango
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (isolation #20) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:55 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 849, JacksonVirgo wrote: Can you TL;DR the read on me
posturing on sailor moon's cat readslist was pretty scummy. you were scumreading things in a way I take as forcing a scumread and not genuine thought process. your reaction to jake was the worst alongside mango, imo. just toe tipping around it, unsure what to do, hiding and backtracking in a way that fits an unsure scum play and not an unsure town play. there's a town version of being unsure that I feel ain't what you're doing.

I felt like your push on jupiter was good, but it was on a townie, and if you're a decent scum player (like your in game posture suggests you are) then that's an easy push to make. I liked that you backtracked a bit on how strongly you felt about it, which made me doubt the scumread.

I'll again note you're playing a very positionally minded game and I've seen no solve from you that makes me feel like town evaluating.

there's something to be said about POE as well at this point. there are many other slots are whole lot townier than you are.

of course, wanting to fade black when she was obvtown doesn't help your case much.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #855 (isolation #21) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 853, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 831, Gimli wrote: I don't want to read anymore of this
How far did you get?
I missed some 5-6 pages

consider me caught up
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #857 (isolation #22) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:58 am

Post by Gimli »

I wouldn't replace into a scum slot tbh

too much effort and this is my last week of having time to mafia proper
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #858 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:59 am

Post by Gimli »

I mean

I asked to rep in cause I felt black was a townie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #860 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:01 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 681, Black wrote: I don't really think the scumreads on me make a lot of sense, but whatever. This game hasn't been very enjoyable so I wouldn't mind not playing it anymore
black wouldnt post this as scum
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #862 (isolation #25) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:02 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 859, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 857, Gimli wrote: I wouldn't replace into a scum slot tbh
Unless you have outside information this comment doesn’t make sense. You don’t know the slot you’re repping into. You can think you know but you can’t be certain.
I'm confident enough in some emotional towntells and whatnot, I just played too much mafia ig
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #26) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:04 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 861, Thomith wrote:
In post 839, Gimli wrote: also I'm sorry for ignoring you thomith but I think you're just having a problem with the perspective of someone who's been playing the game for 2 hours, while you're here for a bit longer than that

I gave my thoughts in real time on why I said it could be TMI, I didn't immediately assume she was talking about jackson. I called KJQ pocketed by scum because of her reads in general. I do understand it was obvious to everyone else that I was *supposed* to be talking about jackson, but that was not as obvious to me!

speaking of being pocketed by jackson, I am pinged by page... 31? when KJQ says she is scumreading fireisred (or something) and jackson calls his town to her. it feels like jackson is trying to blend into a towncore by defending townies from other townies as scum.
I'm not saying you were "supposed" to be talking about Jackson so sorry if it seemed like I was putting those words in your mouth, I was just explaining why I don't think it's weird for Kay to be assuming you're talking about Jackson, since she just said he was her main town read.
I get it, I don't think it was weird either

I kinda thought it was weird at the time because of catching up and tripping over my own thoughts
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #869 (isolation #27) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:08 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 865, halfasleep wrote:
In post 857, Gimli wrote: I wouldn't replace into a scum slot tbh

too much effort and this is my last week of having time to mafia proper
In post 858, Gimli wrote: I mean

I asked to rep in cause I felt black was a townie
mmf. this is a weird comment to make and assumption to make if true? based on individual player meta?
probably no AI but it is odd.
like I wouldnt rep into jupiter cause who knows, right?

but the way black played, from the little I read as I was keeping tabs on the game, I was confident she was a townie

I happened to be right so props to me

and yeah I guess I could've given a scum role and I'd be sitting here powering through it

it doesn't matter, I gave like 8 reasons for scumreading virgo and this was the bottom of those
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #870 (isolation #28) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:10 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 867, halfasleep wrote: gimli did my exchanges with kay after scumreading her affect your read on either of us?
no. I'm not sure I even remember these posts anymore, sorry. I know I just replaced in but goldfish memory.

I find, for instance, that you won't immediately accept my townread on you to be great evidence that you're a townie. I liked your approach early on, your reads list, your reaction to pressure on you etc. you're my strongest townread maybe alongside fireisred.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #882 (isolation #29) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 8:56 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 871, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re not making me feel any different about my scumread on the Black-slot. I was open to having just been overly convinced in my own reads so I was willing to entertain your perspective on the slot. But you’ve really just solidified my read.
how did I do that, btw?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #30) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:12 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 876, halfasleep wrote:
In post 870, Gimli wrote:
In post 867, halfasleep wrote: gimli did my exchanges with kay after scumreading her affect your read on either of us?
no. I'm not sure I even remember these posts anymore, sorry. I know I just replaced in but goldfish memory.

I find, for instance, that you won't immediately accept my townread on you to be great evidence that you're a townie. I liked your approach early on, your reads list, your reaction to pressure on you etc. you're my strongest townread maybe alongside fireisred.
can i request that you read our isos starting from 591 and 604, respectively? the way kay responded to me here is what solidified my opinion that she mainly engages with the game from the perspective of either pushing her preferred lim (more focused on thomith's slot earlier but now firmly switched to yours) or to defend against any perceived attacks. i firmly think her priority is on not being eliminated rather than reading and thinking about the game.
I like what you're cooking here, halfasleep. I could sheep you onto KJQ without any confidence on it flipping scum as you're my top TR. with KJQ I think the most troubling thing is the lack of townpings, for someone that wrote as much as she did. I haven't pinged her as scum other than that comment to me saying her own game is bad, and then being unmoved whatsoever by my posting here feels a bit stale. those aren't great reasons - but I also think that self preserving and pushing preferred lims isn't necessarily scummy - but I think this + POE could make KJQ a >rand scum slot.

if jacksonvirgo is a townie then I think it could as well be KJQ/mango. I do prefer flipping mango atm.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #886 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 884, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 882, Gimli wrote:
In post 871, KayJayQueue wrote: You’re not making me feel any different about my scumread on the Black-slot. I was open to having just been overly convinced in my own reads so I was willing to entertain your perspective on the slot. But you’ve really just solidified my read.
how did I do that, btw?
Too much of your posts where based in “Black was obviously town” “Black wouldn’t that” “I knew she was town, I was right”

I just felt like I wanted more from your reads. The only thing I can say I like is that you can tell that I’m town where black couldn’t. But I’m wondering if that’s just trying to appease the loudest person against your slot or not. It’s hard to know.
I mean, I might even vote you at EOD.

I don't think too much of my posts were 'black was obviously town'. I wrote extensively on every single slot in the game, I feel. I wrote about black the least.

I take your uncharitable push on me as kind of disingenuous.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #889 (isolation #32) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:38 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 887, KayJayQueue wrote: Okay - question to those wanting to vote me: when I flip town, what will that mean to you? Would you listen to my reads then? Would you ignore everything I’ve said? What direction will you be going in once you see you’re wrong about me being scum? Because at the moment I don’t have confidence that the game isn’t being run by and steered in the wrong direction by scum. I do think scum is being more vocal in this game and therefore I don’t think it’s purple, ming or fire right now.
I'm starting to see you being scum in this game, kay.

this post isn't pointing at anyone in particular and yet is throwing some random paranoia on big posters being scum that I'm not sure I buy it. your top scumreads are two replace out slots and halfasleep. I'm almost 100% on it being 0/3 scum, even though I don't really know jupiter enough to know if he has such a large range to play like he did as scum. I like thomith in this game. either way those don't seem to be The Big Posters, you know? jake and virgo have posted more and those are townreads you have.

also, who is willing to flip you this game? I'm not sure but other than halfasleep I don't think I've seen you being thrown around as a scumread that much? it feels like you have a warped view of the game that I'm unsure comes from town.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #893 (isolation #33) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:47 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 889, Gimli wrote:
In post 887, KayJayQueue wrote: Okay - question to those wanting to vote me: when I flip town, what will that mean to you? Would you listen to my reads then? Would you ignore everything I’ve said? What direction will you be going in once you see you’re wrong about me being scum? Because at the moment I don’t have confidence that the game isn’t being run by and steered in the wrong direction by scum. I do think scum is being more vocal in this game and therefore I don’t think it’s purple, ming or fire right now.

this post isn't pointing at anyone in particular and yet is throwing some random paranoia on big posters being scum that I'm not sure I buy it. your top scumreads are two replace out slots and halfasleep. I'm almost 100% on it being 0/3 scum, even though I don't really know jupiter enough to know if he has such a large range to play like he did as scum. I like thomith in this game. either way those don't seem to be The Big Posters, you know? jake and virgo have posted more and those are townreads you have.

also, who is willing to flip you this game? I'm not sure but other than halfasleep I don't think I've seen you being thrown around as a scumread that much? it feels like you have a warped view of the game that I'm unsure comes from town.
this is also a post that may denounce partnership with mango particularly, as that's the lowest poster in the game. I also find it telling that you gave three options for 'probably not scum' because not big posters, and none of these posters is mango. feels like maybe you're truthtelling a bit - yes there are plenty lowposters who are townies, particularly those three - but what is revealed is what you kept hidden - the one lowposter not in your list, because that's your scum partner.

this is just a narrative I'm throwing but it could as well be the case and I don't think it's too farfetched.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #894 (isolation #34) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:48 am

Post by Gimli »

I would like everyone to comment on mango. is anyone townreading it? is anyone not putting it in a scum POE?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #896 (isolation #35) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Gimli »

ah, shit lol

RULE OF THREE then
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #897 (isolation #36) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:49 am

Post by Gimli »

*hides*
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #902 (isolation #37) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:57 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 898, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 889, Gimli wrote:

It feels like you’re beginning to shift your views into what halfasleep has been saying. This is why I think your slot is probably scum. When you were catching up, you were town reading me, now that you realize I’m not going to back off my read on you, you are moving to a different person to back who you have said is your strongest town read and are now using her views to push back against me.
now you're giving a different opinion on why my slot is scum. that was not why you thought that as I haven't done that yet.

halfasleep asked me to read her case on you and your reply with attention. I suggested it could be the case, maintaining that the case itself isn't that strong and the things halfasleep pointed at don't suggest strongly that you are scum. then you posted several things I kind of dislike in this page.

you have to understand how my reads are shifting here in real time, how strongly or weakly my townreads are. you were a townread, but not strongly so, and you know
it can't be just mango
. I think I have jake as more towny than you after the self vote gambit shenanigans, and that was my strongest scumread alongside virgo. I have interacted with virgo in real time and didn't quite felt like he was scum, even though I dislike much of what he did in this game. so you know it's more POE and sheeping my townread than the other things, but I CAN SEE you being scum in this game.

again I suggest we flip the mango and I wanna know what everyone thinks about the slot.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #38) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:07 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 904, JacksonVirgo wrote: Gimli you gonna respond back to me? Or did you feel like not commenting further?
I don't think I gain anything by expanding on that conversation

I don't know if you were cagey with your reads because you're a townie being cagey with your reads. so IDK what to do with what you said to me. I didn't feel good about your reactions to jake's self vote, and I think both me and fireisred noticed similar things wrt that. it felt performative in a way I see myself doing as scum, pretending to be reacting organically in real time to stuff. I felt that spam of posts after jake's gambit really pingy as a scum performance.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #39) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:09 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 909, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 905, KayJayQueue wrote: So what I’m getting here is:
-comment on no one except my scumread - I’m scum
-comment on other slots - no not like that, scum
-give a reads list, doesn’t matter - I’m scum

If anyone is wondering why I’ve been defending myself it’s because nothing I say or do is met with anything but negativity in terms of my place in the game. When exactly is a good time to stop defending myself? When I give up? Is that the trajectory here, I’m meant to get so exhausted with defending myself that I just give up? I’m not going to. So I’ll continue to defend myself because at least one person doing this isn’t doing it to help town.
Literally how does anyone not see this as town?
I would if I had TMI that she was town
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #917 (isolation #40) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:13 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm back to thinking its virgo +1 and kay is being pocketed lol

that post of hers just doesn't vibe as a towny one to me? and yet virgo is like 'how does ANYONE not see this is towny' and I'm like... really? that's townie? idk, I don't think it's that townie, but maybe for a scum player that knows her alignment is town this looks towny af.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #921 (isolation #41) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:16 am

Post by Gimli »

I'm already voting the mango

more mango votes, lets ugh squeeze that fruit
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #938 (isolation #42) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:29 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 923, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 917, Gimli wrote: I'm back to thinking its virgo +1 and kay is being pocketed lol

that post of hers just doesn't vibe as a towny one to me? and yet virgo is like 'how does ANYONE not see this is towny' and I'm like... really? that's townie? idk, I don't think it's that townie, but maybe for a scum player that knows her alignment is town this looks towny af.
You’re incredibly off base. Your arguments are so filled with faulty logic it’s actually insane. You saying I’m scummy because “black is town and ur pushing her owo”, and just straight assuming my read here can only come about from TMI

Get your head out of your ass.
tone down a notch please and thank you

I gave a lot of reasons why I think you could be scum and you're simplifying that as 'black is town and you're pushing her'.

I don't see what you're seeing about that kay post. it seems like a kind of 'woe is me' post that could come from either alignment. again, if I'm scum and she is a townie and she is doing this, maybe it'd feel as a very townie thing, cause you get to read into people's emotions better when you know their alignments. which is why I feel like it could be TMI.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #43) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 945, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 939, Thomith wrote:
In post 936, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 932, Thomith wrote:
In post 227, fireisredsir wrote: i think kay has done alignment indicative things
I couldn't see anything in your ISO, but did you ever explain what "alignment indicative" things Kay has done?

it wasn't a very strong thought it was mostly a response to jupiter saying that he thought kay hadn't done anything AI yet
Gotcha, missed that post - let me take a look.
Has anything happened since that may have strengthened these thoughts?
it feels like my read on kay flips with every post she makes so i would say yes things have happened and no my thoughts are not straightened

currently i think her badgering jackson for their read explanation on me is towny but then maybe she'll make another post and ill change my mind again idk
so true bestie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #971 (isolation #44) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:10 am

Post by Gimli »

I've cleared KJQ given her posting about thomith in this page

I do think it's jackson/mango

I understand I should probably revisit ming but I feel fine about all the other slots.

I agree with KJQ about thomith, but I'd also add that the guy who self voted and hardclaimed VT with like one vote on him after hypocritically pushing someone else for self voting is probably a townie almost every single time.

I've been agreeing with a lot of fireisred in this game, including having the same solves while reading the game from start to finish in several key points of the game.

I feel better about KJQ, I think she is a player I have a hard time grasping cause of both being too new to mafia but too smart to take for granted, and some of her passionate defensive posting can come across as scummy, but I think I'm fine with her atp. all in all her evaluation of thomith makes sense when she is a townie.

jake's posting felt good since the gambit and I'm fine writing him off as a townie as well.

halfasleep is still my strongest TR. nuanced and engaged in the game, seems to be evaluating players and not just faking that she is doing that. I like the way she cased KJQ, even though the case itself was maybe not strong, but it feels like a towny effort. also the way she asks questions to everyone feel like a player evaluating on everyone and trying to solve.

so I'm left with virgo who just doesn't feel very town at all and, by the way he postures himself, can definitely post very hard as scum (and probably depends on it), and mango is the POE safe place that will likely flip scum here imo.

again I understand I should revisit ming, I'll do that in a bit.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #973 (isolation #45) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:17 am

Post by Gimli »

ming feels like a towny evaluating the game and not giving a crap about how he looks. there are a great many number of townpings in his ISO. it has nothing to do with mango's ISO, that is a lot more bland and filler looking posts with no organic reactions to anything.

I understand thomith thinking I'm scum with ming because I'm pushing the other lurker guy but it's a very different ISO, like fireisred said.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #976 (isolation #46) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:23 am

Post by Gimli »

meh I ISO'd mango now and the guy seems a little pure as well

I understand its probably like a kid or something

I might be clearing scum :clown:
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #47) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:11 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'll get astigmatism from squinting too hard at mango's ISO trying to sense anything AI

@mango can you please do more in the game when you get the chance?

in other news, squinting too hard did make me feel like mango might be a townie. I think the most AI stuff about mango is his progression on jake, and it's kind of a weird one. but I do think the progression is a townie one where mango shows he is evaluating the slot while extremely confused about jake's actions in game.

sit tight, grab your favorite beverage and let's walk through this together

Spoiler: trying to townread mango
In post 203, Purplemango wrote:
In post 197, halfasleep wrote:

TOWN-ISH:

Jake The Wolfie:
i find his (thus far) non-contributing posting style irritating but i think he looks more like town playing his own game and keeping his cards hidden while not caring if he's annoying anyone, than scum just trying to be unhelpful.

Black:
hasn't said all that much yet but all her posts look good to me. every post after RVS have been pretty solid questions that look like sincere attempts to poke reactions out of them to read them better. also she went for me in RVS which is great because i love attention. heavily biased townread.
What makes you think jake is more town then scum?
After all, you specifically put him in town-ish and not neutral
There's a chance it's his normal way of playing, but it's still pretty weird to me He has the option to keep his information to himself for now, and still participate more actively/ seriously in the game

I'll go read his previous games to understand better and that
this is the first mango post about jake, and I like this because he is already showing being concerned about the jake slot. while the phrasing is confusing and I'm not sure I get it all, I think he is saying that jake is kind of just actively trolling the game and so it doesn't make sense for him to be townread. I like that he is going at halfasleep's post to point it out, and I like his standpoint on jake in this post.
In post 209, Purplemango wrote:
In post 204, halfasleep wrote:
it's vibes, mainly. i'm not an experienced player and don't have any past-game knowledge behind any of my reads it's just my own feelings.

anyway welcome back to the thread. nice to hear from you finally :P
From what I saw, other games also had a lot of jokes and things like that, but it still made more sense as a game that I would expect from town, and they gave more explanations and thoughts than here
Could be but also related to the fact that the game is much slower, so I don't know
It's effective to act like this when you're scum anyway

Hello!!:))
I like that mango did went ahead and metadived jake. it doesn't feel like he is just doing that for townpoints, and it seems like a simple meta case to check out, which is whether the player was joking too hard or not too hard in other towngames. while I don't think this is how you meta people, there's an investigative trend already going on here which I like.
In post 246, Purplemango wrote:
In post 237, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 218, JupiterXV wrote: I think that the read on Kay is weird and that none of Kay's behavior thus far has been strictly alignment-indicative, and the fact that they think Jake could be town for doing nothing at all but thinking that I'm neutral for also doing nothing is strange.
The reads definitely feel a little forced, like she made them only because I told her to. I actually think this is NAI because it's so early into the game; townies would perhaps not hesitate to say that they don't have conclusive reads, but just as likely they would force some reads because it's pro-town behavior.

On the other hand, I buy JacksonVirgo's newbcard argument more. halfasleep has definitely been posting in a way that's different than what would be expected from a newbie and it feels off
What the problem with giving reads early/based on gut reads? Its better then nothing, i don't think she now gonna stay with all of the reads to the entire time or something, and it did help to make the game more active

This post look weird in my mind but i don't i don't know why, please tell me if its not understandable
this isn't about jake but it's another post I like because it feels organic. I like the 'I don't like this but can't really explain why', it doesn't read as a fake thought from scum, but as a townie thought from someone who can't properly explain themselves. turning feelings into words can be tricky, but often only when you're a townie.
In post 308, Purplemango wrote:
In post 284, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: JakeTheWolfie

If that is an unsatisfactory response, you have the authority to execute me now.
I can kinda see that possible both as scum and town
But still it doesn't really make sense if they actually try to win, so idk
Its not helping the town either way
this kind of being in two minds about jake also feels like a legitimately towny thought. I like the phrasing here and in subsequent posts because it's reasonable to me that mango's scumread on jake would tremble with the gambit, and that while trying to figure out why the hell jake would do that as scum, mango draws a blank. I also like that he questioned jupiter A LOT about that, and I agree with the sentiment that jupiter exaggerated how likely it was that the gambit was coming from scum.
In post 309, Purplemango wrote: Its look like mostly trolling and such

ok so are you asking me to explain to you why people use this strategy or why this makes jake scum?
In post 528, Purplemango wrote:
In post 430, JupiterXV wrote: thoughts on purplemango: think theyre partnered w jake because the way they questioned jake's thing to me felt strange idr the specific wording but it felt incredibly frantic and really weird to me. like idk why do u think i know whats going on inside jakes head bro
I'm mostly said that i don't find logic in it, i don't expect you to reads minds or something
Also, why wouldn't you want play anymore? There's something to help it?
In post 674, Purplemango wrote:
In post 532, Black wrote:
In post 530, Purplemango wrote: UNVOTE: black
I forgot i voted for her in like the first thing
Do you have any reads?
I kinda forgot about it and had busy day, sorry
Also i had something better but it got deleted
Anyway
More scum then town: jake, jacksonvirgo
In the middle of both: halfasleep, ming
Idk: jay
More town then scum: fireisredsir, black(???)
In post 706, Purplemango wrote:
In post 680, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Do you have any reads?
Anyway
This is some interesting stuff.

Would you care to elaborate on any of it?
jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense

jacksonvirgo - similar to above, strange way of speaking, more like scum than town, but it might be their usual and I just don't know enough

halfasleep - it's hard for me to see her as scum, considering that she talked a lot and actively promotes the town, but it might just be a good cover or something ming - I can see too much as both scum and town, so he's in the middle as well

black - the way she talks makes more sense as a town, and her defense works for me I sort of understand her thought process

fireisredsir - probably related to the fact that I generally agree with him on some things, similar to the above, there is a good chance that will change

I have no idea about jay, and in general I also see jupiter as a town at the moment but it seems less relevant to me now
I'm kind of agreeing with some of these reads. while theyre pretty superficial, they sound organic and sensible. it doesn't feel like he has an agenda behind the thoughts on any of these slots. I also like how the progression on jake ended with 'improved, but still nonsensical to me and I don't get it'.

I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #981 (isolation #48) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 977, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 974, Thomith wrote: Since two people are saying the Purple/ming ISO's are different, I'll look again tomorrow when I'm less tired, because I'm not seeing it, but could just be missing something.
I really think the explanation for that is that ming had a friend and purple didn’t. Many of Ming’s posts and responses seemed directed to or bouncing off Jupiter. He may have come off more invested in the game but I do believe familiarity with another player helped that along.
this seems lacking in critical thought, when the players have wiildly different styles. I don't have a feeling that KJQ is evaluating either slot properly here, while agreeing that they might be both townies (which doesnt change anything fmpov).
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #982 (isolation #49) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:14 pm

Post by Gimli »

I also don't like this from thomith, comparing wildly different ISOs and playstyles and calling them similar like that. the only thing they have in common is that they didn't post much.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (isolation #50) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:21 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 983, fireisredsir wrote: im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
btw

do you think virgo/KJQ is ever a thing? I think defending your partner strongly is a decent approach to micros, but unsure how much of their interactions feel svs
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #986 (isolation #51) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:53 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 985, KayJayQueue wrote: Lacking critical thought? Pretty sure I was looking at it more critically than anyone else originally. There’s a reason I wasn’t in on the purple push yet I’m not thinking about things critically…I don’t see it. I don’t think I said anything to the contrary about them having different play styles.
can you explain your mango read to me, or show me posts where you elaborated on him?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #989 (isolation #52) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 987, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 986, Gimli wrote:
In post 985, KayJayQueue wrote: Lacking critical thought? Pretty sure I was looking at it more critically than anyone else originally. There’s a reason I wasn’t in on the purple push yet I’m not thinking about things critically…I don’t see it. I don’t think I said anything to the contrary about them having different play styles.
can you explain your mango read to me, or show me posts where you elaborated on him?
, , , ,

If you’re asking if I elaborated on anything specific from his ISO, I didn’t feel the need to but that doesn’t mean my thoughts on him were surface level. It mostly comes from empathy of another new player since many times that’s overlooked or wrongly maligned.
looks good

in other news, I definitely cleared at least one scum
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (isolation #53) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: jacksonvirgo
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (isolation #54) » Thu Mar 21, 2024 3:42 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 983, fireisredsir wrote: im not sure how sold i am on the case but at least im pretty sure this is town!gimli
how confident are you on town!jupiter?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #55) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:37 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1002, Thomith wrote:
In post 982, Gimli wrote: I also don't like this from thomith, comparing wildly different ISOs and playstyles and calling them similar like that. the only thing they have in common is that they didn't post much.
Which is why when I was told by two separate people I was wrong I decided its best to reread through them today from a fresh perspective.
There's a chance I was wrong when I did a quick read through yesterday, but I'll look in more depth today.
I am looking forward for your thoughts on them
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1004 (isolation #56) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:45 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 994, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 991, Gimli wrote:
how confident are you on town!jupiter?
not 100% by any means but i think he was pretty towny

i don't reallllly want to go into analysis of the emotional aspect, i think a lot of that was independent of alignment and came from other factors and i could clearly see beforehand that the dominoes were lining up for that to happen (maybe i should have been more forceful about trying to direct things elsewhere idk), but there's some elements of it that i think are more likely to be town

the rest of the play also mostly feels like it's coming from a town mindset to me

im not gonna like clear the slot for the rest of the game but im not interested in looking there today
I see

I think I wanna clear the slot at least as far as d1 goes, especially on the vt claim, as that's shortsighted if he is mafia for obvious reasons

you're still voting jake. is that still your top scumread?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1005 (isolation #57) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:58 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 988, Purplemango wrote:
In post 970, fireisredsir wrote: and as i said a while ago i think they felt a little more lost/disconnected in their town game than in their scumgame so i don't think it's a scumtell
i don't really think thats count/helping the claim
Those games were very different situation, and also the knowing people thing
I'm not sure if you misinterpreted what fireisred is saying here

are you taking issue with fireisred saying you're more likely to be a townie?

is the 'knowing people thing' making a real difference to how you're approaching this game, making you post less and feel disconnected, in relation to your town games?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1006 (isolation #58) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:59 am

Post by Gimli »

full disclosure this is how my reads are looking like

halfasleep
JacksonVirgo
Jake The Wolfie
KayJayQueue
Purplemango
JupiterXV
fireisredsir
awesomeming327

its very skill issue and I'm very annoyed

re-read jacksonvirgo now and, eh, could totally be just a townie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1008 (isolation #59) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:12 am

Post by Gimli »

kay, would you say you play a more diplomatic style as scum?

do you have finished scum games that I can check?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1022 (isolation #60) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:39 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1012, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1006, Gimli wrote: full disclosure this is how my reads are looking like

halfasleep
JacksonVirgo
Jake The Wolfie
KayJayQueue
Purplemango
JupiterXV
fireisredsir
awesomeming327

its very skill issue and I'm very annoyed

re-read jacksonvirgo now and, eh, could totally be just a townie
Maybe the scum is you alone somehow, make totally sense/j
I asked you something before in this very page, mango, I'd like you to respond
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (isolation #61) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:44 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1017, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why don’t you have an updated list? That feels like busywork
I had a readslist last night and you said 'I'll wait for everyone to respond first' - cause of course you did - remember that? it had you and mango as scum. I then made a big post on mango afterwards, and then I ISO'd you this morning. how do you go from acknowledging my post with updated reads on everyone (2 pages ago?) to ask me for an updated reads list now? did you forget?

btw what exactly feels like busywork? painting everyone green, does that appear busy to you?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1027 (isolation #62) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:48 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1018, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1017, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why don’t you have an updated list? That feels like busywork
I can do a list that gives no info too if you want lol

Town: Jack 10/10, awesome, so town, love, would recommend

Everyone else - definitely something

/s
/j
Hopefully that’s apparent lol

you both TMIing on each other, it's impressive
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1029 (isolation #63) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:50 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1025, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1024, Gimli wrote:
I had a readslist last night and you said 'I'll wait for everyone to respond first' - cause of course you did - remember that? it had you and mango as scum. I then made a big post on mango afterwards, and then I ISO'd you this morning. how do you go from acknowledging my post with updated reads on everyone (2 pages ago?) to ask me for an updated reads list now? did you forget?

btw what exactly feels like busywork? painting everyone green, does that appear busy to you?
Why is Jup on your list is what I meant. Busywork is posting for the sake of looking like you’re doing something
how is that what you mean? what's wrong with having jupiter on my list? almost every reason I have for a townread on jupiter slot comes from jupiter things, if you've been reading my posts.

why you're town? idk, vibes? I don't know that you're town, trying to solve had me coming to wall clearly, which is why I'm poking at different slots trying to figure out who I'm misclearing.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1031 (isolation #64) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:52 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1028, Purplemango wrote: it

I don't have problem with that

I mentioned that in the game where I was scum, there was a difference
So comparing it to the game where I was town doesn't really help
It's not really important, but it seemed to me to be relevant to the situation, and changes it in a way that makes no sense to me (not against fireisredsir)
the difference being, you were playing with friends when you were scum so you felt more at ease with posting?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1032 (isolation #65) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:56 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1030, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yeah I’m confident it’s just you
ok confident boy

speaking of unanswered questions, you still haven't answered mine. how the hell do you ask me for an updated reads list when I have done so two pages ago?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1039 (isolation #66) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:05 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1037, halfasleep wrote: not sure what the implication here is. i'd be very surprised if both of them were scum, personally.
I'm strong TRing KJQ at this point, but when she posts about virgo I get weirded out by the tone and strength of the read.

virgo is doing even worse at it cause he is pointing at the most NAI stuff KJQ wrote and calling it towny.

I don't think they're svs, I have explored that path yesterday and thought their interactions were too unlikely.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1041 (isolation #67) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:06 am

Post by Gimli »

@purplemango can you please link me to your towngame?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1043 (isolation #68) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:07 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1040, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1032, Gimli wrote:
In post 1030, JacksonVirgo wrote: Yeah I’m confident it’s just you
ok confident boy

speaking of unanswered questions, you still haven't answered mine. how the hell do you ask me for an updated reads list when I have done so two pages ago?
I didn’t, I asked why you didn’t have an updated list (aka why is it jup and not thom)
how is that relevant
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1046 (isolation #69) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:10 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1044, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1039, Gimli wrote:
In post 1037, halfasleep wrote: not sure what the implication here is. i'd be very surprised if both of them were scum, personally.
I'm strong TRing KJQ at this point, but when she posts about virgo I get weirded out by the tone and strength of the read.

virgo is doing even worse at it cause he is pointing at the most NAI stuff KJQ wrote and calling it towny.

I don't think they're svs, I have explored that path yesterday and thought their interactions were too unlikely.
You’ve been saying NAI shit is scummy all game lmfao
let me laugh my own ass off at you then, cause you pointed at something KJQ literally does as scum (exaggerated woe is me AtE about being scumread) and wrote 'how is anyone scumreading this player'
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1047 (isolation #70) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:12 am

Post by Gimli »

also you're saying I'm scummy now for... putting jupiter on the list

gjge

lets ignore each other, case me to other people, it's more convenient that way

if I figure you're probably scum again I'll push in that direction
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #71) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:24 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1049, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1041, Gimli wrote: @purplemango can you please link me to your towngame?
viewtopic.php?t=91644
I'm pretty sure its supposed to work
thanks

you look exactly the same there
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #72) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 7:49 am

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: awesomeming

this is now my bottom townlean and after re-reading the ISO I agree with some of the stuff pointed by halfasleep and mango (the mango one was literally that post he went 'this is weird but I can't phrase why). I think the big AI post fireisred likes might be scummy. let me revisit it:
In post 593, awesomeming327 wrote: Jake: made a weird self-vote thing and then started trying to divert to others. First to Black and then with
In post 403, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Sleepy, let's move away from my favorite topic to discuss (me) and talk about other people.

What do you think of Jupiter / Ming's responses to my actions?
He's really acting like it was something of a mass RT which I don't really see the point of at this stage.

I don't like Jupiter's reaction to it. He is way too confident from the very beginning that Jake was scum for the self-vote, and for what reason? Because it's a bad play?
In post 448, JupiterXV wrote: there's no way that jake's on site for five years and has mafia knowledge YET PLAYS LIKE THIS AS TOWN???
The point of a scumtell is to differentiate between scum and town. Bad gameplay in no way does this: it comes from both town and scum and it is completely NAI and I do not get why he is so confident about this.
In post 450, JacksonVirgo wrote: “It’s astounding they’ve been on the site with this towngame”

Paraphrased. This wording and yours seems to show to me that your assumption is that they’re town. Which would be the perspective slip in question.

I know what you meant to say, a slip is a slip.
How did you interpret that as a slip? I interpreted it more as "It is impossible that Jake [...] plays like this as town." The slip interpretation seems like a stretch and I lowkey doubt Jupiter's novice enough to make a mistake like that.

Anyway I think I agree that Jupiter seems off but I think a lot of people are thinking that for the wrong reasons. I think both selfvotes in and of themselves were NAI but both follow-ups to those self-votes were scummy.

I don't really want to further look at this situation (I'll come back to in in like 2-3 days) and so I want to put the people who were possibly, in Black's words "nudging", in closer scrutiny: Black, fireisred, halfasleep. I also feel like little has been discussed about those people in particular so that might be good.

Other comments:

Purplemango please show up or else

Anyways I have no idea who I'm voting right now so VOTE: awesomeming327 [/uv]awesomeming327[/uv]
I don't understand the second line 'he is acting like it was a massive reaction test
but I don't see the point at this stage
. I don't buy that as a reason to suspect jake because... in what stage is a reaction test valuable or pointful? isn't putting yourself in E-1 of a d1 kind of the most go-to reaction test one could make? I also think that, as far as reaction tests go, jake was really good at causing reactions. so I don't like this line.

and then on the very next sentence awesomeming is pushing jupiter for HIS reaction to the RT that he just said was pointless. isn't that odd, but not odd in a 'townies tripping all over their thoughts' way, but odd in a non-sequitur having your cake and eating it too way?

there's two different minds in this post: one that criticizes jake for doing a senseless play but also suggesting it was a scum move, cause awesomeming writes: 'weird self-vote thing
and then started trying to divert to others. first to black and then with (...)
'

he then scumreads jupiter's confidence on jake being scum, but then also kinda pushes jacksonvirgo's reasoning... and then diverts to other three players: black, fireisred and halfasleep. it just feels like awesomeming is trying to push everyone and nobody at the same time, and some of these pushes make sense as scum who is looking at a townie pushing another townie with botched reasoning, just pointing out the reasoning is botched cause you TMIing alignments, and then moving elsewhere to rinse and repeat without commiting to even a single read.

I think it could just be ming for these reasons.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (isolation #73) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:09 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1059, fireisredsir wrote: it could come from scum either way though
yeah he is not pushing them per se. my opinion is that, if ming is scum, then he is posturing on townies getting to wrong conclusions about other townies, which is why his big contentful post feels like a snowball of (susses A -> susses B for pushing A -> susses C for pushing B -> susses D, E, F for 'nudging'). I think the post you quoted is even more evidence of posturing that I think could come from scum.

I hope I'm making sense to you
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1063 (isolation #74) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Gimli »

I don't mind if we take our time with this game as this is probably the hardest game I've played this year
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1071 (isolation #75) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:06 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1069, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m not fully V/LA or anything but activity level over the next 2 1/2 days will be greatly reduced as I’m starting my insane work hours as per every weekend. I’ll still be around though.
I have three Qs

what's your read on me, did it change anything since the last time you were deadset on me being scum?

what's your current read on ming?

would you fade ming this gameday?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (isolation #76) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:07 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1072, Jake The Wolfie wrote: VOTE: Gimli

Meh
may I ask for reasons?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1087 (isolation #77) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1084, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1071, Gimli wrote:
In post 1069, KayJayQueue wrote: I’m not fully V/LA or anything but activity level over the next 2 1/2 days will be greatly reduced as I’m starting my insane work hours as per every weekend. I’ll still be around though.
I have three Qs

what's your read on me, did it change anything since the last time you were deadset on me being scum?

what's your current read on ming?

would you fade ming this gameday?
My read didn’t change. I feel pretty solid about it.

I’m confused by ming but I am not scumreading him currently. I would say very very slight townread.

I don’t think I would unless it was the only option which I don’t believe it is.
why am I scum?

what's confusing about ming?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1096 (isolation #78) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:38 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1095, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1087, Gimli wrote: what's confusing about ming?
Ming’s latest contributions are just odd. Referred to Black as the player instead of Gimli. Still don’t understand his 30 second self vote. Doesn’t seem very engaged. Doesn’t seem to have substantial reasoning for his town reads. He said he’d come back in a few days and I’m still waiting on that because if his latest post is his update…still no solid reasoning behind his town reads and no actual scumreads. (besides saying halfasleep is analytic a few days ago and saying Black-slot was misunderstood during an argument also a few days ago. If that’s all we’re going to get, okay I guess but I’d preferred some updated reads)
alright

can you try to engage with my case on how ming could be scum? only fireisred did that unfortunately
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (isolation #79) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 1:57 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1097, KayJayQueue wrote: If it’s a post can you please link it for me, I’m sorry I’m really lacking time the next couple days.
so, the post halfasleep linked to you, and also my replies to fireisred, which I think summarize it well.

I'll also ask again for you to elaborate your scumread on me in a way I can understand. there's a massive difference right now between the strength of your scumread and any argument you actually presented for scumreading me. I do not care about how you were reading black, although if you wanna start with that, it's fine by me. but I wanna know how my posts made you scumread my slot even further.

even though I TR you right now, both your scumread on my slot and the townread on virgo are red flags. the townread on virgo is so slimy from both directions that everyone that's looking into it (with the exception of fireisred, even though he is voting virgo) thinks one of you has to be scum. but your recent posting to virgo is just alarming, there's no substance behind your TR on him and now that I know you have outside game friendship, I think there's a very good chance you're the pocketeer and not the pocketed.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1101 (isolation #80) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:15 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1100, JacksonVirgo wrote: Why does out of game connection change a thing for who is doing the pocketing (if any)
she's been portraying herself as someone being pushed from multiple directions, which isnt particularly true for her slot, but you seem to have bought that narrative as you said she endured a 'barrage' of pushes. you're susceptible to white knighting your 'woe is me' friend and she is posting in a way that points at a possible existing dynamic where she is scum and she is appeasing you both by townreading you much more than your posting deserves, and by pushing your scumread real hard without anything substancial to back it up.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1103 (isolation #81) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:40 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1102, JacksonVirgo wrote: It is true, I’m also not stupid(?) like you are seemingly making it out that I am
its not true

she was only voted by three slots TOTAL after RVS in this game: black, fireisred and halfasleep. her wagon got to 2 votes total. fuck I have three votes on me right now and you don't see me throwing a fit, do you? mango had three votes on him at a time. jake even got to E-1 (with his own help). multiple slots have been pushed much more strongly than KJQ, but that's not your perception, because her AtE got to you. because she is your friend, and you're susceptible.

I'm not calling you an idiot, mafia is a pretty hard game at times. this is a particularly hard game. but feel free to feel insulted *shrug*
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1104 (isolation #82) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

I take you feeling insulted as a towny emotion fwiw
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1108 (isolation #83) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm just trying to solve, mate, you don't have to take it to heart
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1111 (isolation #84) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 2:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1109, JacksonVirgo wrote: There’s a difference between taking something to heart and requesting to be treated with respect.
point to where I disrespected you
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1115 (isolation #85) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 3:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

I really don't see where its condescending - I'm TRing KJQ, even, while maintaining that the way she interprets how much she was pushed this game is greatly exaggerated, and I think that since the very beginning - but since you decided to make it personal I have my go-to approach to these things.

I'm sorry if calling it a 'fit' is disrespectful, I didn't know. english isn't my first language. I meant posts such as the one where she asks what will people do when she flips green (with one vote on her), and things like 'i get scumread if i talk about x i get scumread if i talk about y'. those seem like, super defensive. and I really don't see how she was pushed that hard, and I read this game so very much at this point.

hero solve KJQ/ming
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #86) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1121, KayJayQueue wrote: I don’t think my reads matter. What will further elaborating on my scumread on Gimli do? Will I just continue to get condescended to and told I’m wrong by the same 2 people? What’s the point? To give more ammo to use against me that I’d need to defend against but then also be told I’m being too defensive? Like, if you’re scum, good job. But at what point is enough enough? Is it because I’m the only one engaging? You couldn’t get legs for Jake, purple, ming, Jupiter burnt out on his own, and now that Jackson isn’t gaining traction, will it just be right back to me? It doesn’t matter how much effort I put into my analysis because the players that aren’t really participating aren’t reading it anyway and the ones that are, are lying in wait to tear everything I say apart. Except for the one person who agrees with me but even that’s not allowed, because you have to attack the fact that we are townreading each other too. Give me one good reason to give you more of my time and effort. If the reason is so that I’m not mislimmed, at this point, it would be incredibly satisfying to get to watch those wanting me out on Day 2 when they have to humble themselves when they see I’m town. And I know if this happened, you’d still find a way to make my elimination my own fault. If you all can’t see that that’s what we’re moving towards, I don’t know what to tell you.
I wanted to understand why you were still pretty much unmoved with your scumread on me while simultaneously never directly talking about what any of my posts mean wrt my alignment. it feels like a pretty strong read with unsubstantiated reasoning and the discrepancy between them, I'll repeat, is alarming to me.

but if you don't want to expand on it, that's fine
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1128 (isolation #87) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1124, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1123, JacksonVirgo wrote: I don’t like Gimlis approach to this game. To put it simply it all feels like he wants to push a particular conclusion and builds a case around that instead of what town should be doing which is the exact opposite.
By extension to this I believe that his reasonings for things are so focused and not at all substantive. I called out why us knowing each other outside of the game changes which of the two of us is the evil, it shouldn’t it changes absolutely nothing yet he’s pretending it does. It’s all fluffed logic in order to push who he wants to push. That’s simply it. The end.
I think I explained it quite well, but you were insulted by it.

I agree with your other posts in terms of us having nothing to say to each other in this game anymore. I am pretty much locktowning you for your emotions, and I think I've been the towniest I could've possibly been in the game, given the poor position of my slot (which I'll argue again has nothing to do with how black was posting, as she was pretty towny herself). I don't believe in KJQ's latest post, I think again she resorts to AtE way too much and in ways that are completely baffling to me, and I find it amazingly hypocritical from both of you how you get to maintain your unmovable scumreads on my slot - no matter what I do - while reacting so emotionally to the appearance that other people are doing that (to KJQ).

I guess that's another condescending looking post in your direction. I'm sorry, I just rub people the wrong way.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1132 (isolation #88) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:14 pm

Post by Gimli »

I don't, I find the way KJQ is playing kind of borderline unacceptable. it's a game, should be treated lightly. no one should be made feel bad because they're scumreading a player.

to the rest of your posting, I'd rather stop arguing.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1134 (isolation #89) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:19 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm voting for awesomeming
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1139 (isolation #90) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:23 pm

Post by Gimli »

I haven't cased her or anything like that. I asked why I'm such a lock scum. she didn't answer it, she did that emotionally filled paragraph and refused to answer. I said - okay, you do you. but yes I'm scumreading said paragraph, and I explained it, to you. she is not the slot I'm pushing to flip right now. I don't know what else you want from me.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1141 (isolation #91) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:25 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1140, JacksonVirgo wrote: What the fuck is your signature too :skull:
PJ Harvey - Rid of me
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1143 (isolation #92) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:30 pm

Post by Gimli »

I think fire is a townie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1144 (isolation #93) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:30 pm

Post by Gimli »

when I was reading after I replaced in, fire mindmelded with my thoughts while catching up enough that I'm confident this is town!fire
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (isolation #94) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1145, JacksonVirgo wrote: Thoughts on what I said about him prodding the flames?
I think if you expand on it, I can answer. Im not sure I understand what you're suggesting
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1154 (isolation #95) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:41 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1151, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1147, Gimli wrote:
In post 1145, JacksonVirgo wrote: Thoughts on what I said about him prodding the flames?
I think if you expand on it, I can answer. Im not sure I understand what you're suggesting
I believe they’ve recently only done things to make the dissonance within the town stronger, which would imply that you’re town which is why I’m so interested in this thought. Their activity had dipped substantially which considering the “my side” (me, Jake, Kay) I believe is all town and then you existing, if you’re also town there’s a pretty substantial chance it’s fire here just watching town fight against town, throwing gasoline on the fire when necessary to keep it lit
he's been consistently townreading me. consider what it means to him that you appeared so deadset in your tunnel on my slot.

there's also a substantial chance - regardless of whether fire is scum or not - that ming is scum. he fits a team with fire, which would be your POV, and he fits a team with KJQ, which would be my POV. both players kind of refused to go there, and fire was particularly townreading a somewhat scummy post ming made that I tried breaking down to him a few pages ago.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (isolation #96) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:48 pm

Post by Gimli »

halfasleep
JacksonVirgo

Jake The Wolfie
KayJayQueue
Purplemango

Thomith
fireisredsir

awesomeming327

I am crossing halfasleep and fireisred and jacksonvirgo harder than I'm crossing mango. with mango he just feels pure and I think this is the best we're gonna get out of him in this game. considering the other town game I read, mango just isn't the guy that's gonna come here and post anything that will make anyone go 'oh this is definitely a townie'. but I'll be surprised if this player can replicate his town game so perfectly when scum. he'd do SOMETHING different, so I don't think this is it.

I'm uncrossing thomith because fire isn't crossing jupiter. as they're close to each other I'll trust fire that this isn't a cross atm.

I'm uncrossing jake while maintaining that his self vote and reactions were extremely towny of him.

my team is awesomeming and KJQ atm, and I suggest we flip ming, especially because there's a good chance I've created some bias against KJQ given everything that happened in these last few pages.

so that's my updated readslist.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1160 (isolation #97) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1155, JacksonVirgo wrote: Townreading you doesn’t make him town
thats not what I said. I said his consistent townread on me, when he is a townie, makes you look bad on his eyes, probably. he even told you this directly.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1165 (isolation #98) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 5:52 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1162, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 1064, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 1063, Gimli wrote: I don't mind if we take our time with this game as this is probably the hardest game I've played this year
this is kind of a wild statement lol
This post in particular
ugh I don't think he meant anything AI by it
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1213 (isolation #99) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:54 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1179, JacksonVirgo wrote: There isn’t scum in Jake/Kay. You say there’s no scum in Gimli and obv yourself. I’m not a wolf. It for sure isn’t halfasleep now. Unless the scum is specifically in ming/purple/thom one of us is wrong. That pool Is almost entirely PoE aside from Thom.
we should flip ming
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1214 (isolation #100) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:57 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1197, fireisredsir wrote: the thing is that if gimli was scum he could have gotten largely townread and also flipped a town by now

so true bestie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1215 (isolation #101) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm the only one voting for a potential scum atm
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1216 (isolation #102) » Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:00 pm

Post by Gimli »

I hope DE is sitting in his mod PT, proud of his buddy
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1221 (isolation #103) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:58 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1195, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1191, fireisredsir wrote: @halfasleep, for further context, 983 came right after gimli did a dive on purplemango and towncased him which i think was an incredibly unproductive move for scum!gimli to pull there, which is why i had that reaction to it

that was basically the point that pushed me over the edge into thinking he was very likely town, prior to that i was still slightly wary
983 also came after my posts defending purple and possible reasons for his iso vs ming when they were said to be similar.
Something I notice Gimli does is take other people’s ideas and rework them into his own posts to appear to be solving but it’s usually nothing overly original when you take into account the flow of the game whenever he makes posts you read as town
(and I believe he does that for that exact reason, to be town read)
this is absolutely false when it comes to this game btw

my townread on mango, the specific reasoning for the townread on jake, my pretty elaborate scumread on ming, the specific reasoning for the townread on thimoth slot, the evaluation on jacksonvirgo and the locktownread there - and those just from memory - are all blatantly things I brought up alone to the thread. if I'm ever adding anything from other people to my reasonings, it's because I'm solving, not building an invention. I would like to know, tho, the posts where it looks like I'm reworking other people's thoughts into my own to appear towny.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1222 (isolation #104) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:59 am

Post by Gimli »

also a lot of what I said about people, if it was said before by someone else, can just be a mindmeld and agreeing to things and looking at the game similarly.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1223 (isolation #105) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:00 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1220, halfasleep wrote: *frantically on the phone to my mum, trying to explain what mafiascum dot net is so i can tell her i'm finally popular*
*mom I'm popular with the mafia scum*
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1224 (isolation #106) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:04 am

Post by Gimli »

I would like to point out that KJQ failed at showing anything resembling a coherent reasoning for scumreading me and then said something completely and blatantly false about my posts (which, even if true, wouldn't even be scummy, and can be said about everyone at any given time).
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1226 (isolation #107) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:31 am

Post by Gimli »

I have lock cleared (halfasleep, jacksonvirgo, fireisred)

I think I wanna lock clear mango or at least remove him from POE

my goal now is to clear at least one out of (KJQ, thimoth, jake, ming)

when I do that, I'll have a game winning POE for sure

exciting solving time, friends, we got this

(I'm captain planet btw)
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1230 (isolation #108) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:54 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 980, Gimli wrote: I'll get astigmatism from squinting too hard at mango's ISO trying to sense anything AI

@mango can you please do more in the game when you get the chance?

in other news, squinting too hard did make me feel like mango might be a townie. I think the most AI stuff about mango is his progression on jake, and it's kind of a weird one. but I do think the progression is a townie one where mango shows he is evaluating the slot while extremely confused about jake's actions in game.

sit tight, grab your favorite beverage and let's walk through this together

Spoiler: trying to townread mango
In post 203, Purplemango wrote:
In post 197, halfasleep wrote:

TOWN-ISH:

Jake The Wolfie:
i find his (thus far) non-contributing posting style irritating but i think he looks more like town playing his own game and keeping his cards hidden while not caring if he's annoying anyone, than scum just trying to be unhelpful.

Black:
hasn't said all that much yet but all her posts look good to me. every post after RVS have been pretty solid questions that look like sincere attempts to poke reactions out of them to read them better. also she went for me in RVS which is great because i love attention. heavily biased townread.
What makes you think jake is more town then scum?
After all, you specifically put him in town-ish and not neutral
There's a chance it's his normal way of playing, but it's still pretty weird to me He has the option to keep his information to himself for now, and still participate more actively/ seriously in the game

I'll go read his previous games to understand better and that
this is the first mango post about jake, and I like this because he is already showing being concerned about the jake slot. while the phrasing is confusing and I'm not sure I get it all, I think he is saying that jake is kind of just actively trolling the game and so it doesn't make sense for him to be townread. I like that he is going at halfasleep's post to point it out, and I like his standpoint on jake in this post.
In post 209, Purplemango wrote:
In post 204, halfasleep wrote:
it's vibes, mainly. i'm not an experienced player and don't have any past-game knowledge behind any of my reads it's just my own feelings.

anyway welcome back to the thread. nice to hear from you finally :P
From what I saw, other games also had a lot of jokes and things like that, but it still made more sense as a game that I would expect from town, and they gave more explanations and thoughts than here
Could be but also related to the fact that the game is much slower, so I don't know
It's effective to act like this when you're scum anyway

Hello!!:))
I like that mango did went ahead and metadived jake. it doesn't feel like he is just doing that for townpoints, and it seems like a simple meta case to check out, which is whether the player was joking too hard or not too hard in other towngames. while I don't think this is how you meta people, there's an investigative trend already going on here which I like.
In post 246, Purplemango wrote:
In post 237, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 218, JupiterXV wrote: I think that the read on Kay is weird and that none of Kay's behavior thus far has been strictly alignment-indicative, and the fact that they think Jake could be town for doing nothing at all but thinking that I'm neutral for also doing nothing is strange.
The reads definitely feel a little forced, like she made them only because I told her to. I actually think this is NAI because it's so early into the game; townies would perhaps not hesitate to say that they don't have conclusive reads, but just as likely they would force some reads because it's pro-town behavior.

On the other hand, I buy JacksonVirgo's newbcard argument more. halfasleep has definitely been posting in a way that's different than what would be expected from a newbie and it feels off
What the problem with giving reads early/based on gut reads? Its better then nothing, i don't think she now gonna stay with all of the reads to the entire time or something, and it did help to make the game more active

This post look weird in my mind but i don't i don't know why, please tell me if its not understandable
this isn't about jake but it's another post I like because it feels organic. I like the 'I don't like this but can't really explain why', it doesn't read as a fake thought from scum, but as a townie thought from someone who can't properly explain themselves. turning feelings into words can be tricky, but often only when you're a townie.
In post 308, Purplemango wrote:

If that is an unsatisfactory response, you have the authority to execute me now.
I can kinda see that possible both as scum and town
But still it doesn't really make sense if they actually try to win, so idk
Its not helping the town either way
this kind of being in two minds about jake also feels like a legitimately towny thought. I like the phrasing here and in subsequent posts because it's reasonable to me that mango's scumread on jake would tremble with the gambit, and that while trying to figure out why the hell jake would do that as scum, mango draws a blank. I also like that he questioned jupiter A LOT about that, and I agree with the sentiment that jupiter exaggerated how likely it was that the gambit was coming from scum.
In post 309, Purplemango wrote: Its look like mostly trolling and such

In post 528, Purplemango wrote:
In post 430, JupiterXV wrote: thoughts on purplemango: think theyre partnered w jake because the way they questioned jake's thing to me felt strange idr the specific wording but it felt incredibly frantic and really weird to me. like idk why do u think i know whats going on inside jakes head bro
I'm mostly said that i don't find logic in it, i don't expect you to reads minds or something
Also, why wouldn't you want play anymore? There's something to help it?
Do you have any reads?
Anyway
In post 706, Purplemango wrote:
In post 680, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
Do you have any reads?
Anyway
This is some interesting stuff.

Would you care to elaborate on any of it?
jake - I don't really understand the logic behind actions, at the moment it's getting better, but still too weird to be a town in my mind
Like, too much doesn't make sense

jacksonvirgo - similar to above, strange way of speaking, more like scum than town, but it might be their usual and I just don't know enough

halfasleep - it's hard for me to see her as scum, considering that she talked a lot and actively promotes the town, but it might just be a good cover or something ming - I can see too much as both scum and town, so he's in the middle as well

black - the way she talks makes more sense as a town, and her defense works for me I sort of understand her thought process

fireisredsir - probably related to the fact that I generally agree with him on some things, similar to the above, there is a good chance that will change

I have no idea about jay, and in general I also see jupiter as a town at the moment but it seems less relevant to me now
I'm kind of agreeing with some of these reads. while theyre pretty superficial, they sound organic and sensible. it doesn't feel like he has an agenda behind the thoughts on any of these slots. I also like how the progression on jake ended with 'improved, but still nonsensical to me and I don't get it'.

In post 1227, Thomith wrote:
In post 1226, Gimli wrote: I have lock cleared (halfasleep, jacksonvirgo, fireisred)

I think I wanna lock clear mango or at least remove him from POE

my goal now is to clear at least one out of (KJQ, thimoth, jake, ming)

when I do that, I'll have a game winning POE for sure

exciting solving time, friends, we got this

(I'm captain planet btw)
Did you explain why you want to clear mango?

I'll check if you have already explained it.
quoted it at the top

that was followed by metadiving mango and noticing a lot of similarities in his idiosyncrasies, the very lowkey way he approaches mafia and the way he vibes like a pure soul throughout a game of mafia. it took me a while to get there and I can't be sure of it, but there's a profile here: very young player, vibes a bit like kawaiikame, and there are some small hints in his posting that pretty much all of them point to town.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1231 (isolation #109) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:57 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1228, halfasleep wrote: kinda like with the jackson/kay duo, i'm struggling a little with gimli declaring 'lock clears' in the absence of confirmed mechanical information. i really can't relate to being
that
confident that someone couldn't be fooling you.
yes that's why I need another lock clear

I can't prove to anyone with no experience with me or little experience with mafia that I'm a townie. I get miseliminated quite a lot, actually. ironically, I lategame and win most of my scum games. so the goal is to have a POE that's solid and clear enough that you can flip me, and then flip my POE for the win.

captain planet is a hero, and the hero will die for you.

#bravado

I'm sorry I'm just in a silly mood today
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1232 (isolation #110) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:57 am

Post by Gimli »

but my solve aint silly
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (isolation #111) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:39 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1240, fireisredsir wrote: jake also probably
can you sell me on jake?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1242 (isolation #112) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Gimli »

like, don't you think his E-1 shenanigans and reactions were towny of him? he looked so sure of what he was doing there, and started gathering reactions real quick and adapting to what he thought were appropriate or scummy.

I'll even go as far as saying that his reaction to black especifically made sense from his POV as a townie. I can see how black's reaction to his E-1 could've come out as more likely to be posturing from scum rather than town.

I'll also say, who's jake scumming with? he kinda feels unpartnered in this game, unless its with jackson (a slot I have already cleared anyway)
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1243 (isolation #113) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:46 am

Post by Gimli »

I'll add re: mango's latest posting, that the way he is talking about ming here is a type of defense that I don't think makes any sense if mango is scum, unless he is scum precisely with ming.

another thing I'll note about ming now - because of these posts by mango, but regardless of them - is that there's resistance to voting that slot. from mango, from KJQ, from you even, fire. when I think 'scum equity' in this d1, ming kind of beats every other slot.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (isolation #114) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:59 am

Post by Gimli »

Spoiler: some random posts around jake's self vote thing for context (just the posts with no commentary)
In post 276, awesomeming327 wrote: What are your (@everyone) thoughts on jake noting that halfasleep was on e-1 but not unvoting
In post 277, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Don't worry, no one will get mad if you scumread me <3
In post 278, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 277, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Don't worry, no one will get mad if you scumread me <3
Since that was too subtle, I am specifically asking you why you think halfasleep is scum
In post 281, Jake The Wolfie wrote: Oh, that's not quite right.

I'm unconvinced that she is scum, and I also want to make sure the person who executes her knows they are hammering.

I wouldn't mind a Sleepy axe, but at the same time I'd rather see what she does for today.
In post 283, JupiterXV wrote: jake i wouldn't mind an axe on you but i'd rather you do anything at all asides from spam e-1

In post 290, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 288, halfasleep wrote: why would you do that there's just under a week left in d1 this is so stupid
The mind games can end here and now. Am I scum? Am I town?

Regardless, I'm at least having fun.
In post 291, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 289, KayJayQueue wrote:

Why
In a literal sense, I am currently the 4th vote on myself, putting me at e-1. Ming is not voting me, so he has the option to hammer me.

In a metaphorical sense, I think this is an interesting situation to put the game in, and I hope it serves the town well.
In post 292, halfasleep wrote: fuck off dude
In post 293, Jake The Wolfie wrote: It is paying off before our very eyes.
In post 294, Black wrote:UNVOTE:
In post 296, halfasleep wrote: maybe i'm just a stupid newbie who doesn't understand your big brain strats but in what scenario on what planet in e-1ing yourself not completely asinine gameplay?
In post 304, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 296, halfasleep wrote: maybe i'm just a stupid newbie who doesn't understand your big brain strats but in what scenario on what planet in e-1ing yourself not completely asinine gameplay?
I will forgive your sins and insults against me, and provide some insight:

By putting myself at e-1, I was testing the reactions of everyone around me. The nominal example of this would be Ming, as she was who I was talking directly to. However, like colliding high-energy particles together, the main interest was the sparks after the collision. It clearly and effectively caused people to respond in Alignment-Indicative (AI) ways.

Take Black's response, for example:
In post 287, Black wrote:

Can we fade this
She was willing to execute me, immediately. Why? As you said, we still had a week left in the game, so executing me would've wasted a lot of time and just be a bad idea in general.

Hope this helps!

VOTE: Black

now for the commentary: jake had halfasleep (a townie) on E-1, and kept saying it was the case over and over again. he then moved his own vote when prompted by people saying 'well you keep saying halfasleep is on E-1 and yet you won't unvote'. he self votes and offers himself as the fade, which is RISKY. I think there's a good chance e.g. if black wasn't there on the wagon yet, she could've just said 'yeah fuck this' and vote him off. she or anyone else, since nobody liked his reaction test. regardless, the risky business wasn't meaningless; he wasn't expecting to just gather townreads off of it, he was expecting to gather reactions. and I like his posture on halfasleep here, as well, saying he doesn't know if she is scum or not, etc. it doesn't look like a scum play to me (and I love some risky scum play myself). it looks like a townie doing a reaction test to help him solve.

anyway that's my 2c... if you wanna fade this, I'm not necessarily against it since it's yet another tunneled slot on my wagon. and if I'm wrong about KJQ (and given jupiter's posts that I'm rereading as I reread jake, I think its less likely thimoth than jake), then it could just be ming/jake.

but I think fading ming first has a much stronger likelihood of flipping mafia.

god I'm writing too much. I'm sorry.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (isolation #115) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:10 am

Post by Gimli »

(jake, KJQ, ming) contains 2 scum imo
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1260 (isolation #116) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1246, Thomith wrote:
In post 1243, Gimli wrote: I'll add re: mango's latest posting, that the way he is talking about ming here is a type of defense that I don't think makes any sense if mango is scum, unless he is scum precisely with ming.

another thing I'll note about ming now - because of these posts by mango, but regardless of them - is that there's resistance to voting that slot. from mango, from KJQ, from you even, fire. when I think 'scum equity' in this d1, ming kind of beats every other slot.
I want to note that with Purples posting it's made me wonder about a Purple/ming team specifically.
it is a possibility

it'd be make us all look like clowns for having a bunch of tvt fights ending in a bunch of rep outs and drama and self votes and insults when the scum is just two under the radar dudes not doing much to get townread

but sometimes we are all clowns
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1261 (isolation #117) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:37 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1251, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 1232, Gimli wrote: but my solve aint silly
You're way too confident about your solve, almost to the point of it being TMI. Why are you lockclearing people halfway into D1?
51 pages into d1, how is that 'halfway'? there are completed games with half this amount of pages

this feels disingenuous.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1262 (isolation #118) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:39 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1257, Jake The Wolfie wrote:
In post 1245, Gimli wrote: (jake, KJQ, ming) contains 2 scum imo
I'm so scummy that I count as 2 scum

you're lucky you have like zero svs equity with half the thread
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1263 (isolation #119) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1260, Gimli wrote:
In post 1246, Thomith wrote:
In post 1243, Gimli wrote: I'll add re: mango's latest posting, that the way he is talking about ming here is a type of defense that I don't think makes any sense if mango is scum, unless he is scum precisely with ming.

I want to note that with Purples posting it's made me wonder about a Purple/ming team specifically.
it is a possibility

it'd be make us all look like clowns for having a bunch of tvt fights ending in a bunch of rep outs and drama and self votes and insults when the scum is just two under the radar dudes not doing much to get townread

but sometimes we are all clowns
there is something about that mango post that upsets me greatly

having said that, he did point at one of ming's posts and called it weird and he couldn't explain why. I think that gives him very little svs equity with ming actually, even though this soft defense of ming points elsewhere.

all in all I still don't think it's mango, I think mango is gonna have to flip eventually though.

I'd go KJQ first, and then jake second, assuming ming is scum

I do think ming is scum. this return to the thread was an empty shell, no thoughts no effort no nothing.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1265 (isolation #120) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1264, halfasleep wrote: mmh. i don't think i really see another path to move things forward at this point

VOTE: awesomeming327

(e-2)
I was actually starting to write a post calling my towncore to flip ming, good to see you went there already

@virgo
@fireisred

come to the good wagon
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1270 (isolation #121) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:29 pm

Post by Gimli »

you can claim, ming.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1274 (isolation #122) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:35 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1272, awesomeming327 wrote:
In post 1270, Gimli wrote: you can claim, ming.
vt
good

I suggest strongly that we just flip this. its a 9er, this is the second vt claimant and we do not want to end up wagoning a PR. vt or scum, its the best scenario.

if you're a townie I'll deal with the consequences d2.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1280 (isolation #123) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 4:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1276, KayJayQueue wrote: I’d rather flip a scum today.
why is ming town?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1285 (isolation #124) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1282, JacksonVirgo wrote: Second VT claim did I miss one?
jupiter you goddamn townie
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1286 (isolation #125) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:04 pm

Post by Gimli »

scum would know the vt claimants, ofc
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1288 (isolation #126) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1281, awesomeming327 wrote: the better question is, why are you ignoring me?
you said nothing worth responding, I feel

if you need time to work in the game i can unvote or whatever. otherwise I'm fine flipping you and I think it's the best course of action here.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1290 (isolation #127) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 5:05 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1287, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1286, Gimli wrote: scum would know the vt claimants, ofc
So…you?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1340 (isolation #128) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:46 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1295, awesomeming327 wrote: from my experience, if a mango is purple then it would be best not to eat it.
what, no

you dont have much experience with mangos do you
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1341 (isolation #129) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

awesomeming327 (4): Gimli, Thomith, halfasleep, fireisredsir [E-1]
Gimli (4): KayJayQueue, JacksonVirgo, Jake The Wolfie, awesomeming327 [E-1]

my wagon is dirty as all hell

btw I'm not claiming

mango you decide what to do
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1342 (isolation #130) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

awesomeming327 (4): Gimli, Thomith, halfasleep, fireisredsir [E-1]
Gimli (4): KayJayQueue, JacksonVirgo, Jake The Wolfie, awesomeming327 [E-1]

my wagon is dirty as all hell

btw I'm not claiming

mango you decide what to do
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1343 (isolation #131) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:49 pm

Post by Gimli »

sorry for doublepost idk why that happened
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1344 (isolation #132) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

trying to win a mafia game but jacksonvirgo is on your team (impossible)
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1345 (isolation #133) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 8:51 pm

Post by Gimli »

eh sorry about last post

I am rolling my eyes at a lot of last pages tho
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1347 (isolation #134) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm strongly considering self hammering here

if mango hammers me and he is a townie, people will flip him on d2, and then ming on d3, and if ming is a townie the game ends

if mango hammers ming and ming is a townie, I'm definitely getting the d2 flip, and then on d3 they flip mango and win

however, if I hammer myself, and on d2 they flip ming and he is a townie, then on d3 town might go to jake and then KJQ (the very likely scumteam)

of course, if ming is scum, my self vote would be terrible. but if ming is scum, we'll win the game regardless

if ming a townie we are particularly fucked if I get to push through this.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1348 (isolation #135) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:01 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1346, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1342, Gimli wrote: btw I'm not claiming
Why?
If you claim a role it can improve your chances, what do you have to lose from that?
im vt
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1349 (isolation #136) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'm not forcing anyone to sheep me.

but do listen to me, and take note of my solves and everything I did in this game

I believe VERY STRONGLY that all the scum are in (ming, jake, KJQ). you have no room for error, so you can't get this wrong. flip ming next gameday, and then follow through with jake and KJQ.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1350 (isolation #137) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:03 pm

Post by Gimli »

fireisred are you around?

is my idea too botched?
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1351 (isolation #138) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:04 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1349, Gimli wrote: I'm not forcing anyone to sheep me.

but do listen to me, and take note of my solves and everything I did in this game

I believe VERY STRONGLY that all the scum are in (ming, jake, KJQ). you have no room for error, so you can't get this wrong. flip ming next gameday, and then follow through with jake and KJQ.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1352 (isolation #139) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

if mango is scum and I self hammer, and you follow through with my POE, we lose. I get it.

I don't trust y'all, tbh. I really don't. I really really really don't.

knowing I'm town might clear this d1 much stronger than whatever ming flips here.

sigh.
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1354 (isolation #140) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1353, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1352, Gimli wrote: if mango is scum and I self hammer, and you follow through with my POE, we lose. I get it.

knowing I'm town might clear this d1 much stronger than whatever ming flips here.

sigh.
Too much thinking
Right now in the current situation, it won't affect too critically even if we flip town, yea?
what
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1355 (isolation #141) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:12 pm

Post by Gimli »

IDK dude IDK how your thinking process works

I'm not gonna try to guess
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1356 (isolation #142) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Gimli »

they'll kill fireisred at night and I'll eat the d2 anyway, so it doesnt matter

JACKSONVIRGO YOU WILL FLIP MING

AND THEN YOU WILL FLIP YOUR FRIENDS BECAUSE THERE'S MAFIA BETWEEN THEM
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1357 (isolation #143) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:17 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1358 (isolation #144) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

(ming, jake, KJQ) imo
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1359 (isolation #145) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:18 pm

Post by Gimli »

goddammit it could be ming and mango
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1361 (isolation #146) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:21 pm

Post by Gimli »

please dont be mad at me, fire

this game has been absolutely hell for me

this has nothing to do with what I did in dance party game, there I was just kinda not knowing how to play mafia or whatever

this is very different
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1363 (isolation #147) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:24 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1362, Purplemango wrote:
In post 1355, Gimli wrote: IDK dude IDK how your thinking process works

I'm not gonna try to guess
Maybe I wrote it weird or something

Right now, even if we accidentally flip town, it won't directly cause the town to lose, right?
To make sure for my brain
it kinda will if ming is town

my plan works when ming is town particularly
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1364 (isolation #148) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:25 pm

Post by Gimli »

gun to head jake/ming
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1365 (isolation #149) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:26 pm

Post by Gimli »

because KJQ is just saying too many silly things to be mafia atp
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1369 (isolation #150) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:29 pm

Post by Gimli »

hehe I had the self vote and then thomith posted

I'll wait for your breakfast, talk to me afterwards

I'll stop posting for a bit
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1370 (isolation #151) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 9:59 pm

Post by Gimli »

VOTE: jake
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1371 (isolation #152) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:06 pm

Post by Gimli »

I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1379 (isolation #153) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:43 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1375, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1352, Gimli wrote: if mango is scum and I self hammer, and you follow through with my POE, we lose. I get it.

sigh.
Weird how when I say I’m going to flip town if limmed and ask what people would do next, no one gives me an answer and I’m accused of throwing a fit. Yet, you are claiming you want to self hammer and expect us to follow your every whim.

Of course it doesn’t really matter when you’re just threatening to hammer yourself to make people listen to you but you aren’t actually thinking about doing it.
you had one vote on you and was doing your WoeIsQueue routine, I'm e-1 :eyeroll:

I'm legitimately dreading the thought of ever playing d2 on a townflip here with you and virgo on it. it will hurt my eyeballs.

I kinda think its ming and jake fwiw, you sound kinda pure even though you're tunneled beyond reason
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (isolation #154) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:50 pm

Post by Gimli »

In post 1381, KayJayQueue wrote: You can’t even make up your mind if you think I’m scum, you go back and forth constantly. If we had 5 more pages of game, you’d change your mind again and then your “I’ve totally solved the game” solve from right now would be stale.
I should be like you then and just tunnel on a townslot throughout 50 goddamn pages
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (isolation #155) » Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:54 pm

Post by Gimli »

not having to read virgo and KJQ again is so freeing

I see you mafiascummers in december

jake/ming imo

VOTE: gimli
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1756 (isolation #156) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:57 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1755, Black wrote: Well played town! You guys rocked

Thank you for modding <3
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1769 (isolation #157) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:43 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1761, DragonEater70 wrote: Seriously well played to town but I really want to emphasize well played to halfasleep and Purplemango too. For newbie scum players, they put on an impressive fight and halfasleep was the universal townread for most of later day 1, and that's really impressive.
I'M STILL TOWNREADING HALFASLEEP
I'll tie your legs
Gimli
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Gimli
he/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1772 (isolation #158) » Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:50 am

Post by Gimli »

In post 1770, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 1769, Gimli wrote:
In post 1761, DragonEater70 wrote: Seriously well played to town but I really want to emphasize well played to halfasleep and Purplemango too. For newbie scum players, they put on an impressive fight and halfasleep was the universal townread for most of later day 1, and that's really impressive.
I'M STILL TOWNREADING HALFASLEEP
I’M STILL SCUMREADING YOU
well to your benefit, I was kinda dead sure the game was you and mango and you were bussing him to beat the townies from dead thread, I made memes so you can laugh at my inaccuracy

let me pick this one out for you

I'll tie your legs

Return to “Central Park [Open Games]”