Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:22 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 210, Elements wrote:
In post 207, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 206, Elements wrote:
In post 205, KayJayQueue wrote:I won’t be voting Elements D1 unless something spectacularly scummy comes from her which I don’t anticipate.
just gimmi some time ;) xx
I’d actually be really funny if you did something that pinged me so hard that I did a 180 like “get her outttt!!! I’ll drive the bus!!!!” lol
while you're here can i ask about your thought's on thomith?
Since you're insinuating your play in previous games should make it clear you're town here, can you explain how my play differs to how it usually does as town to make you suspect me?
thomith could be a court jester

I have a Large Normal currently Ongoing.
KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:22 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 222, Thomith wrote: I feel like being able to analyse how wagons are formed or deformed during the day is more beneficial in the long run for us than speed no limming, where mafia get a kill, and town may also not use their PRs correctly, as they don't have anything to base their choices off of.

When we start getting flips, seeing how wagons formed and deformed does provide us information we can use to help solve the game.
This is what I was trying to articulate earlier. I agree with this take, if anyone is wondering where I stand on this issue.
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:23 am

Post by Elements »

In post 224, RationalMadman wrote: You have helped Scum narrow down PRs massively by what you just did (unless you are Scum obviously). I am struggling to not violate the insult rule at this point. I'm not replying to you anymore.
Getting into an argument you can't win and backing out before it makes you look bad, got it
I agree with everything Elements is posting - Papa Zito
It's scummy as fak tho - Gamma Emerald
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:28 am

Post by Elements »

In post 225, Thomith wrote: Since you're insinuating your play in previous games should make it clear you're town here, can you explain how my play differs to how it usually does as town to make you suspect me?
So my read on you comes from the following things:

feel forced and like you've overly analysed what I consider to be a jokey start of game post that lots of players make. As if you felt like you had to back yourself up.

The way you came to Madman's defence kinda feels like defending a buddy (obvioulsy I'm biased on that one) especially given your reasoning in which I can see as discrediting any future votes that might end up there.

The previous game stuff isn't meant to make it clear I'm town, it's to do with you calling my vote oppertunistic and the fact I'm always the most trigger happy throwing my vote around day 1 in any game I play.
All my completed games
Elements
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Elements
she/her
Bloop
Bloop

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 6:31 am

Post by Elements »

In post 225, Thomith wrote: Since you're insinuating your play in previous games should make it clear you're town here, can you explain how my play differs to how it usually does as town to make you suspect me?

I will say I liked
one of your more towny posts
All my completed games
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:07 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Outing role DP1 for no reason is antitown as fuck. Anyone who is not disgusted at that is just as bad unless they scumread it instead of assuming Town outed.

Oberbaalysing wagons is nonsense. Town unvote scum during DP1 wagons all the time and vice versa for joining wagons on Town. This is why later votes mean far more especially in clear this person vs that person dynamics. There, voting analysis begins to matter more.

Side note, very weird choice of words for Kayjayqueue to say driving a bus since that is solely used for one scum betraying a partner. Not sure what to even think of it as it is such a brutal slip it cannot be a real one.
Everyone's a fool in some ways, we all can only try.

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:07 am

Post by RationalMadman »

Overanalysing*

Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:10 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 230, RationalMadman wrote: Outing role DP1 for no reason is antitown as fuck. Anyone who is not disgusted at that is just as bad unless they scumread it instead of assuming Town outed.

Oberbaalysing wagons is nonsense. Town unvote scum during DP1 wagons all the time and vice versa for joining wagons on Town. This is why later votes mean far more especially in clear this person vs that person dynamics. There, voting analysis begins to matter more.

Side note, very weird choice of words for Kayjayqueue to say driving a bus since that is solely used for one scum betraying a partner. Not sure what to even think of it as it is such a brutal slip it cannot be a real one.
Let's say we have 2 main wagons day 1.

Player A flips scum Day 3 in this example, and was a major wagon on Day 1.
Player A is almost executed, but near the end of the day, the wagon shifts onto Town Player B.

After Player A does end up flipping scum later, we now have that piece of information that we can analyse to see a) why this wagon flip happened and b) We have information of the main people that drove the wagon away from Scum Player A, and try and figure out why, potentially finding another scumbuddy in the process.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:13 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 230, RationalMadman wrote:
If that is true, I honestly didn’t know the implication of that wording. I was just trying to make a joke. You could look through my other games and search that phrase, I’m fairly certain I’ve never encountered it. I’m still technically “new” so there are a few things I’m not completely familiar with when it comes to acronyms and keywords. If you’re going to scumread me for being uninformed on the lingo, okay, but it wasn’t a slip or whatever you’re insinuating.
RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:15 am

Post by RationalMadman »

In post 233, KayJayQueue wrote:
If that is true, I honestly didn’t know the implication of that wording. I was just trying to make a joke. You could look through my other games and search that phrase, I’m fairly certain I’ve never encountered it. I’m still technically “new” so there are a few things I’m not completely familiar with when it comes to acronyms and keywords. If you’re going to scumread me for being uninformed on the lingo, okay, but it wasn’t a slip or whatever you’re insinuating.
https://epicmafia.fandom.com/wiki/Bus
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Bussing

RationalMadman
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
RationalMadman
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:18 am

Post by RationalMadman »

I townread you in general anyway and I am also certain that if you knew what the word meant you'd not have used the word bus there regardless.

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:19 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

In post 234, RationalMadman wrote:
So I thought bus and wagon (I think I’ve also used the word train) were interchangeable words to describe people getting in a vote. I honestly had no idea. Thank you for the links I feel pretty dumb at the moment and I don’t really understand why no one else has corrected me on this faux pas.
Thomith
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Thomith
He/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:29 am

Post by Thomith »

In post 236, KayJayQueue wrote:
In post 234, RationalMadman wrote:
So I thought bus and wagon (I think I’ve also used the word train) were interchangeable words to describe people getting in a vote. I honestly had no idea. Thank you for the links I feel pretty dumb at the moment and I don’t really understand why no one else has corrected me on this faux pas.
I'll be honest I outright didn't notice it.
I'm not sure how outdated these are but these may be useful too:
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... y:Glossary
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?ti ... reviations

KayJayQueue
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
KayJayQueue
She/Her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:33 am

Post by KayJayQueue »

Thank you for those, I need to bookmark them.
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:02 am

Post by Hu Tao »

I think elements may be town
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:04 am

Post by Hu Tao »

In post 230, RationalMadman wrote: Outing role DP1 for no reason is antitown as fuck. Anyone who is not disgusted at that is just as bad unless they scumread it instead of assuming Town outed.

This seems like an overreaction. But so much of an overreaction that it may not come from scum
Hu Tao
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Hu Tao
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am

Post by Hu Tao »

No one I'd really standing out as a scumread so far :( I think this is the closest to one VOTE: salty
DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:18 am

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 239, Hu Tao wrote: I think elements may be town
I would tend to agree
In post 241, Hu Tao wrote: No one I'd really standing out as a scumread so far :( I think this is the closest to one VOTE: salty
As much as I hate this non-committal play.....coming from you I think it kinda makes you town heh
HI EVERYBODY!
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:32 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

In post 227, Elements wrote:
In post 224, RationalMadman wrote: You have helped Scum narrow down PRs massively by what you just did (unless you are Scum obviously). I am struggling to not violate the insult rule at this point. I'm not replying to you anymore.
Getting into an argument you can't win and backing out before it makes you look bad, got it
This post in particular seems to have been made with bad faith
awesomeming327
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
awesomeming327
he/him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:37 pm

Post by awesomeming327 »

rational's writing style is so goofy
it seems super stream of consciousness
In post 235, RationalMadman wrote: Not sure what to even think of it as it is such a brutal slip it cannot be a real one.
this seems pretty unnecessary

actually to think about it the entire byplay between rational and kay about the "slip" seems really weird
like it seems too small of a deal for that big of a conversation

kind of meme but {kay rational elements} solve ez
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:12 pm

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Dannflor and Kayjay are scum.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:13 pm

In post 150, RationalMadman wrote: Everyone should want to end the DP ASAP. Mafia have too many reads already on who is PR and who scumreads who, you're making their life much easier by blabbing.

If we vote anyone it should be someone key to extending the DP and who is voting without a good reason.
Do you mean to post this in this game???
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:22 pm

Elements, I disagree with your premise that buddies will defend each other on day one. They are 100% more likely to throw each other under the bus.

DrNickRiviera
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
DrNickRiviera
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:29 pm

Post by DrNickRiviera »

In post 245, DrippingGoofball wrote: Dannflor and Kayjay are scum.
I definitely am leaning Kay that way, but I think Dann is solidly town here(in a world where Rational is scum though, I could see Dann as a buddy).

But what is giving you scum pings from Dann here?
In post 247, DrippingGoofball wrote: Elements, I disagree with your premise that buddies will defend each other on day one. They are 100% more likely to throw each other under the bus.
I think this is a just a play style argument, I personally would be more likely to throw a little shade at a buddy on D1, but plenty others would try to find ways to defend their buddy as well.
HI EVERYBODY!
camelCasedSnivy
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
camelCasedSnivy
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Apr 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Post by camelCasedSnivy »

holy shit i didnt even realize saltiest cactus was in this game????

UNVOTE: Thomith

VOTE: SaltiestCactus
master at being scum(my)

Return to “New York [Normal Games]”