Newbie 1170: DarthYoshi's Medieval Mafia! (Fin--Who won?!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:05 pm

Post by Shinki »

/confirm
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Shinki »

Ahm... isn't it better if you guys wait for the moderator to begin the game?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #20 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:53 am

Post by Shinki »

VOTE: Painkiller

He got a gun, I don't like it.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #22 (isolation #3) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Shinki »

Oh wow. O:
That's interesting, I'll surely reply properly when I get home :wink:
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Post by Shinki »

1. Nope. :wink:
2. 19/F/Secret.
4. I played some games in another forum, but here it's a totally different level.
5a. Haha, I'm not sure, gotta get used to the games here before choosing how my play-style will be. Short ones I guess, at least for now. Not passive.
5b. I'd say [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTP_(personality_type)]ISTP[/url].
6. Purple.
7. Painkiller. All killers must die :/
8. I'm not into sports... In my spare time I usually just relax from college, going out or doing stuff on my pc.
9. That I'm Aquarius. And being aquarius is really cool, imo.

Btw, DaLetterEl (Can we call you DLE or some other abbreviation?), could you tell us about your favorite color red too? After all, red is the color of blood !
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #30 (isolation #5) » Sun Oct 02, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 29, Shinki wrote:1. Nope. :wink:
2. 19/F/Secret.
4. I played some games in another forum, but here it's a totally different level.
5a. Haha, I'm not sure, gotta get used to the games here before choosing how my play-style will be. Short ones I guess, at least for now. Not passive.
5b. I'd say ISTP.
6. Purple.
7. Painkiller. All killers must die :/
8. I'm not into sports... In my spare time I usually just relax from college, going out or doing stuff on my pc.
9. That I'm Aquarius. And being aquarius is really cool, imo.

Btw, DaLetterEl (Can we call you DLE or some other abbreviation?), could you tell us about your favorite color red too? After all, red is the color of blood !

fix'd
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:05 am

Post by Shinki »

Not really for manipulating.. I would vote him for trying to see who's worth killing in the night based on our answers and personalities.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 41, DaLetterEl wrote:@Shinki If I were to answer my own question, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using it to develop tells? I think that using the uncertainty of how to "correctly" answer the question is more important than my answer to the question, especially considering I am the one who proposed the question in the first place. What purpose does it serve for me to answer the question to my very own test? I've already set the rules to that game, so my answer should be meaningless to you, not to mention that my answer to said question would obviously fit under something that I consider to be a "pro-town" answer due to it being my test. Why are you so curious as to how I answer the question? Are you afraid that you will answer my question "incorrectly" and want a model answer to copy?
Perhaps you are afraid of the knowledge that Barney the Dinosaur killed my innocent childhood in a similar fashion to the mafia killing innocent civilians? Why is it that you like the color purple
?

LOOL.
I certainly laugh a lot³ more than I should've about this color :lol:
I'm so tired, going to sleep right now.
I'll answer properly tomorrow when I wake up if you don't mind..
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #57 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Shinki »

I think you guys are kinda overreacting, but go on with your thoughts.

As I said yesterday, I like this color because purple is a combination of blue and red, the warmest and coolest colors. Red is a focusing, dynamic and active energy while blue is calming, expansive and cooling. I have my wardrobe filled with purple clothes.
For this and some other minor reasons, I love purple. <3
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #88 (isolation #9) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:10 am

Post by Shinki »

I have to read those walltexts yet... then I'll post my thoughts.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #92 (isolation #10) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:17 pm

Post by Shinki »

Walltexts are productive if we have a case with REAL base on someone, if it's baseless then walltexts are indeed counter-productive. I'm saying that 'cause my will to read those are close to 0. :/
I didn't read it but I know it's a discussion starting around DLE questionary, my thoughts about that are clear already.

Anyways,
UNVOTE:
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #110 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:13 am

Post by Shinki »

Yay! Today is boring sunday at grandpa's house, so I'll be able to write something good in a few hours.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #114 (isolation #12) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:14 am

Post by Shinki »

'k, so I'll be writing down my thoughts as I read the thread.

In post 38, duckhunter4242 wrote:
In post 37, Zemelo-Franko wrote:
In post 32, Fakinha wrote:
In post 25, DaLetterEl wrote:Fakinha, why is white your favorite color? You realize that mafias typically are portrayed as wearing white button-down shirts, correct?

I would like to note to everyone that my color test has only failed me once. So you all should be very careful with how you answer it!

White is peace, red is blood. I see a scum trying to manipulate information.
UNVOTE: Shinki
VOTE: Letter

Having eaten some dinner, this post sticks out more and more. Going on the defensive at a slight prod, and then voting for the questioner? That smells of over-reaction and panic, of scum trying to keep all suspicion off themselves.

UNVOTE: duckhunter4242
VOTE: Fakinha

I was thinking the exact same thing after looking at the thread longer
Unvote
Vote Fakinha

Ok, this draws my attention. Sheeping Zemelo post here was totally unnecessary, that's a bad attempt at starting a wagon.

In post 41, DaLetterEl wrote:@Shinki If I were to answer my own question, then wouldn't that defeat the purpose of using it to develop tells? I think that using the uncertainty of how to "correctly" answer the question is more important than my answer to the question, especially considering I am the one who proposed the question in the first place. What purpose does it serve for me to answer the question to my very own test? I've already set the rules to that game, so my answer should be meaningless to you, not to mention that my answer to said question would obviously fit under something that I consider to be a "pro-town" answer due to it being my test. Why are you so curious as to how I answer the question? Are you afraid that you will answer my question "incorrectly" and want a model answer to copy? Perhaps you are afraid of the knowledge that Barney the Dinosaur killed my innocent childhood in a similar fashion to the mafia killing innocent civilians? Why is it that you like the color purple?

I'm not talking about "how" the answers should be to seem pro-town, my point is: Your questionary benefits mostly the mafia.
It's a newbie game and we don't know each other, it's more profitable to the scum to kill active players that have their own opinions and have a strong personality. If I was scum I would use your questionary to at least help finding the ideal night targets for sure. I hope your questions help us lynching scum, otherwise it's not profitale at all.

Basically everything until now is a total overreact about DLE color questions, I don't believe they're good until he shows some results, but I don't find it worth so much discussion. And yet, you guys are picking on him for the wrong reason.

About Duckhunter.
You're only sheeping until now, and I understand that is normal for townies to sheep, yes.
But yours doesn't seem like a townie sheeping. In another game I'm playing, I mostly sheeped as townie through day 1, but I was very different from you. You're just sheeping for bad reasons or just blindly agreeing with someone without good reasons at all.

In post 106, Fakinha wrote:
In post 101, duckhunter4242 wrote:@sorgster I'm not shipping with anyone I think is town, I sheep when people I think are town disclaim my ideas before able to so I can either agree or change my ideas. Changing my ideas would be even a worse option then shipping because I wouldn't be playing my game I would be playing my game according to the disclaiming of other peoples ideas

Wat? Who do you think are scum and who do you think are town? And why?

UNVOTE: VOTE: Shinki
So, you gonna read and post something usefull or not?

Unnecessary vote is unnecessary.

#DLE

Wagon on duckhunter is good.

-

I don't have any town reads atm, mostly null.
Scum cookies go to duckhunter.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Shinki »

Yeah, right...

So, DLE, any luck with your questions?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (isolation #14) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 4:41 pm

Post by Shinki »

IGMEOY, Fakinha.

Content tomorrow.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (isolation #15) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:38 pm

Post by Shinki »

Welcome, Kirbyoshi :wink:
So, yeah, I need some more time for that content.. kinda busy these days :(

And DLE, I'm sorry. I think I was unfair with you about your posts and stuff through this game so far...
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (isolation #16) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:28 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 158, Fakinha wrote:I don't see why #33 is scummy. But I do know that Shinki can be a lot more usefull than that.
And... sheesh, I don't understand why so much comotion about me voting and unvoting Shinki. My vote was like "hey, give some atention to the game, will ya?". Cuz I know she's with time enough to play this.

Also, I liked very much of your #156, Kirby, wellcome to the game.

@Deas
About duck, I'd say its 50/50 odds of scum. Or he is a scum or a bad town. I particulary would prefer to lynch more confirmed scum, but I don't see anyone else worth of a lynch.
Maybe painkiller.

You don't know shit
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (isolation #17) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:02 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 177, Kirbyoshi wrote:Also, @sorg, Pain, Shinki, Fakinha: Why are you not voting for duck? This goes beyond not wanting to hammer yet. Why didn't you vote for him before?

I owe a good reread to this thread, I only want to vote after that. Doing this today
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (isolation #18) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Shinki »

Ok, finally I was able to do it.
DaLetterEl wrote:@shinki dw about it, although i'm curious why you feel the need to apologize about it. it seems as though you might be pretty busy, but are there any questions you have for anyone?

First things first... I don't even knew about IC's, when I read another newbie game I saw one, thought it was DLE in this game at first, but it's LyingBrian... my apologies to you two about the walltexts thing, especially the IC, 'cause I wasn't paying attention to him. And yes, I do have questions, but I'll ask by the end of my post.
and
duckhunter4242 wrote:2. Shinki- Pt 1. Post #132 Promises content still ahven't gotten anything productive, Lurk much?, Pt 2. If you look at his posts all he has done is comment on DLE's color test and agree my sheeping is scummy, no other scumhunting just random posts like #160, Pt 3. At the beginning of the game he was against DLE for his long posts and saying they were unnecessary but in post #155 he changes his views to being with DLE for no particular reason just decides its a good idea out of the blue.

Now, really? I just said I had busy days and yet you're picking on me about the content I promised? You're just deflecting badly here. And please, it's 'she', I didn't care about it at all, but rereading this kinda bugs me. Your answer is above.

I lack the ability to see why raising this theory is scummy. Could you explain more, sorgster?

#everyone, about fakinha

He's just randomly cruising through day 1, not worth worrying about him today. although he really hasn't added much content, I can't really criticize him about that (and my fos was kinda random, just like his vote)

Now I'm afraid I gotta ask some question to LyingBrian before I can go on...

#LB

How should we write a good catch up post? Main points and stuff.. I read and caught up with the thread, but I don't know exactly what to write besides answering who asked me something..
I'm really bad at starting cases (or scumhunting), any tips? it'll get better with experience? :\
I've seen you asking for scum reads from duckhunter many times already, how exactly does that help today or later on? or asking why somethin is scummy to person x (asking it in general, not only for duck)
Hypothetically, if someone writes an awesome case about 'scumguy', casting a vote straight without your own 'thoughts' (even if you're really just a townie convinced by the case) is scummy of course, how do you do to write and vote as a good townie without getting an "opportunist" or "scummy" answer from others?
I feel just lost playing, specially D1... hints?

-

'k, so... I already said duckhunter looks scummy enough to me in previous post with some content, I'm up to hammer him whenever needed.
If you guys want me to raise more points about him besides the many Lying already did ok, but I need LB answers first..
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:28 pm

Post by Shinki »

And please guys, don't take my questions as a scumtell or something like that, I really just want to know more about the general gameplay, take it as an offtopic :(
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (isolation #20) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:17 am

Post by Shinki »

Erm, no? It's a theory about the utility of DLE questionary for the mafia ( and the reason why it's partially bad in this case ), if I was scum there's really no point bringing that up in daytime at all.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:43 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 187, Shinki wrote:Erm, no? It's a theory about the utility of DLE questionary for the mafia ( and the reason why it's particularly bad in this case ), if I was scum there's really no point bringing that up in daytime at all.

fix'd
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:15 pm

Post by Shinki »

I guess it's just me being paranoid with this game I was in.. some people there weren't too friendly with some doubts I had, but I don't blame them..
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #214 (isolation #23) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:13 pm

Post by Shinki »

That's why you killed him tonight?

VOTE: Kirbyoshi
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #215 (isolation #24) » Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:31 pm

Post by Shinki »

last night*
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #218 (isolation #25) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:50 am

Post by Shinki »

No, it isn't OMGUS.
You, as the scum you are, probably thought "Oh. Sorgster were suspicious of Shinki, let's kill him tonight so tomorrow we can actually blame Shinki and mislynch her, perfect plan!"
That's the reason behind his unexpected death?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (isolation #26) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:17 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 219, Kirbyoshi wrote:That argument is only even plausible if you already suspect me. If you truly think I'm scum, what else have I done that's scummy? Don't just sheep DV's case, because none of what he is accusing me of is scummy in the least.

lol, sheeping DV case? You know, I voted for you before< him with my "reason", not explained, but it was there. :T

Fakinha wrote:Shinki, what do you think about duck flipping town?

@Deas
I suspect Shinki. Because I played a lot with her and I don't see a town vibe from her game on day 1. However, that can be because she was very absent on this game. In any case, I'll see how the day develops.
Aside Shinki's meta... nothing, really. There are many little things to considerate but no great opinion formed, yet.

I am disappoint. with you, not duck
About duck, what else can I say? Only that there's scum riding his wagon.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (isolation #27) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Post by Shinki »

Yeah, Kirbyoshi is scum.
Where's the IC? And everyone else?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (isolation #28) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:04 am

Post by Shinki »

Maybe I don't wanna answer you, 'cause maybe you're his scum partner, and I don't like it :?
If you read the last page, that should be quite clear. (why I think Kirbyoshi is scum)
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (isolation #29) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:47 am

Post by Shinki »

Why? That's scummy of me?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (isolation #30) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:47 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 237, Kirbyoshi wrote:@DV: At first, my vote on Shinki was actually semi-random. Saw a little thing and went with it. But the fact is, she hasn't been real helpful. And when someone expresses their suspicion of her, she either responds with "oh, you suspect me, so you must be scum" or "lol, you're so stupid." I really wish she would at least post something of substance if she's town.

Ahn.. nope, as you said, sorgster suspected me and he wasn't scum like you :?
Something of substance? You being scum is a big one.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (isolation #31) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:29 am

Post by Shinki »

So, let's pretend that we believe in your "semi-random vote" at D2, then you saw it was a weak case for a vote (although it has been planned by you during the night) and decide to take one step further to make it not look so suspicious and actually looks like a 'case', you say "she's not helpful, I really wish she would at least post something of substance if she's town" says the substance guy, but this is hardly a decent reason for votes. Plus, that I "attack" everyone who suspects me, lol (not true, as I didn't said anything to sorgster even with his suspicion on me, you're starting making up stuff here) aaand yep, you're scum.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #250 (isolation #32) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 am

Post by Shinki »

Your "gut" is sooo wrong sometimes, apparently it does not work here
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (isolation #33) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:00 pm

Post by Shinki »

Well, it's the third time in three games that people tend to see my personality change :?
About scum on the wagon, it's just because in D1 mislynchs, there's usually scum in it.. not a big surprise there
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #257 (isolation #34) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 2:34 pm

Post by Shinki »

You should try the lottery too
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (isolation #35) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:04 pm

Post by Shinki »

My answers to Fakinha are like this 'cause I don't like the way he's playing.
He's all "Oh, x is scum and y is scum buddy, my gut feeling tells me everything, I don't need to do anything, just because Shinki and Deas voted kirbyoshi they're scumteam, or because DLE voted Deas and KY voted Shinki they're scum buddies! And I have my P4 here so I'll just post this useless things and I'm good"

Newbie games have 2 scums, right? I really don't think it's worthwhile to buss your partner just to gain some towncreds in D2, but I guess this is just Wifom >_>
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (isolation #36) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:57 am

Post by Shinki »

But this answer from DLE was about a question Kirbyoshi did here #175, not so suspicious at all
I bet on Deas/Kirbyoshi scum buddies here, in Deas #258 he seems a little bit to certain about mafia partners bussing each other, as he did voting Kirby in the beggining but then throwing his suspicions at me/Fakinha in later posts.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #277 (isolation #37) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:57 am

Post by Shinki »

Welcome, thoughts about Deas/Kirbyoshi?

-

I don't have anything more to add today, I'm pretty sure of Kirbyoshi/Deas being scum, it's ok to you guys if I hammer anytime soon?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #285 (isolation #38) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:22 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 279, Kirbyoshi wrote:Shinki, why are you waiting til L-1 to vote DV? Don't you think he's scum? Haven't you suspected him for a while?

He's was L-1 already, my vote would be a hammer.

In post 281, Velazanth wrote:I don't see the case for either Deas or Kirby...

Shink's OMGUS vote is obvious.

In post 220, Fakinha wrote:Hmm... Kirby, your reason for vote on Shinki is way too weak.
And Shinki, IGMEOY. You didn't play like town on the first day.

This seems like an obvious scum play. By hinting at the FoS for a fellow scum, but without any solid reasoning as an attempt to deflect suspicion from the both of them. Interesting to note that they both withheld their votes in D1, and are now going after the two people i got the hardest town read from....

Not quite ready to vote yet. Reactions?

I don't know how you missed it, but 'k #271
And case on Kirbyoshi is mostly this #240

In post 283, Fakinha wrote:I see a case on Deas, not on Kirby.

I FoS Shinki because I do suspect her. I don't see her playing like town, but don't know how to start a wagon on her.

UNVOTE:
Before Shinki or someone else hammers.

So, I just asked if I could hammer, and you unvote "before me or someone else hammer"? Wtf is wrong with you? Bad townie is bad, gut/meta blablabla
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (isolation #39) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 279, Kirbyoshi wrote:Shinki, why are you waiting til L-1 to vote DV? Don't you think he's scum? Haven't you suspected him for a while?

Btw, right now I could put him to L-1 again, but after reading his #282 I'd much rather lynch you, yep.
Hey guys, come to kirbyoshi wagon :o
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #287 (isolation #40) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:34 pm

Post by Shinki »

We got candies and ponies here yay
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (isolation #41) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 1:10 pm

Post by Shinki »

LyingBrian and DLE points plus your interactions with Kirbyoshi is a good start
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #292 (isolation #42) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Post by Shinki »

blablabla gut blablabla meta blablabla deal with me

Go for Kirbyoshi.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (isolation #43) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:25 am

Post by Shinki »

No
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:33 am

Post by Shinki »

I mean, I can't, he didn't posted much stuff at all, but this is interesting

In post 156, Kirbyoshi wrote:Aw :( Where is everybody today? Makes me sad.

Anyway, thoughts on each player (in the order they appear in the OP):
Shinki: Kinda quiet, but I like what I've seen so far. Post more, you seem to have good thoughts. Read: Town

Painkiller: As opposed to just being a little quiet, this guy is practically non-existent. Lurking much? Read: Null-to-scum
Fakinha: Unlike the general public, I like post 32. Turning it back on El was a smart and scumhunting thing to do. Otherwise though, he hasn't posted too much substance. Still, Read: Null-to-town
Duckhunter: Like I said, alot of sheeping throughout the game and "James Bond-ing" toward the beginning. Also the flip-flop that DV mentioned is valid. In your opinion, is sheeping scummy or not? Read: Scum
DeasVail: Since he has come in, I've liked his play. Hasn't been in the game quite long enough to get any solid read though. Read: Null-to-town
DLE: 4 words. Tee. El. Dee. Ar. The color test is...interesting, to say the least. I don't doubt that that's worked other places, but at MS, don't expect it to be a litmus scum test. But it has led to some good discussion. Read: Null-to-slightly-town, but still IGMEOY.
sorgster: Certainly playing to his self-proclaimed meta of making alot of short posts. I like what he said in post 27 after he filled out the questionnaire. Townie move. Pro-voting+pro-activity=Pro-town. Read: Town
Kirbyoshi: Amazing. Read: Town
LyingBrian: Why did you feel the need to "confirm vote" in post 138? Shouldn't the fact that your vote is already on him be enough? Also, you are also posting HUGE walls of text. I guess it's more understandable than what DLE is doing, because you are able to post less often, but still, conciseness is town. Read: Null-to-town

@hunter and sorgster: Who is scum?

But then when the day begins
In post 213, Kirbyoshi wrote:
In post 197, sorgster wrote:
Doing one (an ISO) on shinki afterwards
but those were my thoughts on duckhunter. Duckhunter do you want to claim your role? Scum will probably claim townie

Did a quick ISO of sorgster and found this. Could it be that Shinki was afraid of what sorgster would find?

VOTE: Shinki

but anyway, not moving my vote today, we should really lynch kirbyscum today :(
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #303 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:57 am

Post by Shinki »

Aw Deas, come on.
I know you're trying to look good and all, but don't ask me questions that you can see the answer in my ISO.
Kirbyoshi is scum. To me, my reasons are good enough. You are the most likely to be his scum partner, and after all you're really pushing for someone else despite your early vote on Kirbyoshi.
What happened, he's not scummy to you anymore? Your vote still on him, but you haven't talked about him for a long time and you're kinda chainsaw defending him, I don't quite get it.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 pm

Post by Shinki »

Chainsaw Defense, that's what you're doing right now.
By the way you talk, you seem to be a lot more suspicious about me than kirby, why won't you vote me then?
I don't know exactly about "problem with me questioning", maybe because you sound so fake that I don't like to rep you anymore
If you want to discuss about the case against you, speak with LyingBrian or DLE.
Aaaand, "Using the suspicion on me to deflect attention from you seems suspicious to me." Attention from me? why would I do that? And deflecting on you, what? lol - You're the one "attacking" me with silly questions and fakeness :(

Cases are overrated, we lynch kirbyoshi, he flips scum, and it's all good :wink:
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (isolation #47) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:21 pm

Post by Shinki »

Hahaha. Yup.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (isolation #48) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Shinki »

Took you long enough to do this, huh?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:06 am

Post by Shinki »

@DLE

Nope, not claiming that.

@deas

Hey, Deas, hey.
You should consider people being scum partners for Kirby, not me, as I'll flip town and you'd be lynched. Oh wait, you're his scum partner.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (isolation #50) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:06 am

Post by Shinki »

It's cool how you ignore my questions about the game being the IC. :?
But whatever, I'm a VT and that's all, and [/irony]SURE I'll give you you an awesome, solid and concise case, as the experienced player I am.[/irony]
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:45 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 326, Shinki wrote:It's cool how you ignore my questions about the game being the IC. :?
But whatever,
I'm a VT
and that's all, and [/irony]SURE I'll give you you an awesome, solid and concise case, as the experienced player I am.[/irony]

Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Shinki »

I'm just disappointed I guess...
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (isolation #53) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:42 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 332, LyingBrian wrote:
In post 330, Shinki wrote:I'm just disappointed I guess...
I am disappointed as well, but that's b/c you haven't really given me a reason NOT to vote you. i really don't think you are scum, but when the pressure is on (which it is right now), you like duckhunter have seemingly given up rather than fighting. you have still failed to give more than just the hint of a case against Kirbyoshi, but yet you insistently pronounce him as scum. you've also failed to offer any type of defense against the votes currently on you. as IC, i feel it is my duty to point out sloppy play, and this is another prime example. get your act together, post something that the rest of us can analyze, either a case against Kirby or a defense of your position, and help the town find the scum. if you can't or won't, then i'm sorry, but you are as unuseful to the town as the Mafia, and should be lynched on principle.

i'd really like to see your next post reflect what i've said above, so if it takes you just under 72 hours to put it together and post, that's understandable.

Really now, WHY should you vote me? My wagon is totally stupid imo, there's no reason besides "loooolzzz she thinkhz someone iz scumz without reazonz, lynch1!!!!".
And I already said that. I don't have a solid, concise and explendid case against Kirbyoshi, it's mostly gut. I'm sorry. And I won't have one just because I'm about to be lynched, I apologize, again.
My wagon is stupid and we got 3 votes on, and.. I'll use some metagame here. I know painkiller well, so I guess he just got discouraged about the game because he got a boring role, prolly a vanilla townie too. That's a blind shot, but I'll stick with it for the time being. Velazanth is using reasons such as verb tenses. Hey now, that's kinda stupid too but just don't sheep the wrong cases.
And who are the other two on my wagon? Deas and Kirbyoshi.

Well, that's it, I don't think I have anything else to add. I failed to achieve your expectations for this post, but that's reciprocal so it's all good. you probably didn't saw my questions to you in D1, right?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (isolation #54) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Shinki »

Oh, and by the way

" if you can't or won't, then i'm sorry, but you are as unuseful to the town as the Mafia, and should be lynched on principle. "

We have 7 people left and I should be lynched cause I'm townie, but not useful at all? Hm, right. I'd say that sounded very scummy, and you would be 3rd on my scumlist after Kirby and Deas.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (isolation #55) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Shinki »

You ask way too much questions. Too much questions eventually without good results just let you manipulate the anwsers in some way to look scummy. That's a false impression that you're actually scumhunting.
That's my opinion of what you've been doing this whole game. I can't say much here, since I'm scumhinting with gut, but at least I'm not voting for a townie, as you are.
You already got your vote on me and you're the most likely to be Kirbyoshi scum buddy, why should I answer you? Nah.
Howerver, if anyoelse besides you or kirbyoshi wants to ask me something, it's good.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Shinki »

miss typos everywhere, yay
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (isolation #57) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 347, LyingBrian wrote:1st - concerning questions from you to me in D1, are you referring to post 183? If so, i fail to see how that's relevant to the current discussion.
2nd - i'm glad to hear that you realize there is no case against Kirbyoshi right now. if all you have is your gut, then why are you pushing so hard for us to lynch him? do you expect us to trust you w/o a cop claim that he is scum based on your gut?
3rd - i can't say that the case against you is totally unfounded. if you are claiming someone is scum w/o something besides your gut to back it up, how would you expect us to react?
4th - concerning the second quote i've listed: you've CLAIMED townie, doesn't mean you are. this is another WIFOM argument. what is the difference between scum that is unhelpful to the discussion, and a townie that is unhelpful to the discussion? the answer is: not much. the reason lurking is so scummy is b/c the more a person talks, the more you get to examine, analyze and determine if that person is town or scum. the same is true w/ being helpful to the discussion. if you are not contributing positively to the discussion, i have to assume you are scum, b/c a townie would want to contribute regardless of whether or not they get lynched b/c that discussion will help lynch scum the next day. that's why i added the phrase "on principle" to the end of my statement.
5th - i'm curious WHY you think i'm scum? is it b/c i'm pressuring you, or is it another gut feeling?

1 - That's not relevant to the discussion, but I still would like to know. It's not about this game, it's general stuff.
2 - Of course not. But trying doesn't hurt, and you'll like when he flips scum. :3
3 - Not like DeasVail reacted at least.
4 - So, do you think I'm townie or scum?
5 - I don't think you're scum, I think you're scummy. By "scumlist" I should've said scummy list, but nevermind this one

Kirbyoshi wrote:Asking questions is pro-town. Suppressing them is scummy. So is actively refusing to answer them. Shinki=scum. Lynch her.

Haha, oh wow.
By the way, why are you voting me again, Kirbyoshi? :wink:

LyingBrian wrote:hmm, found this interesting:
In post 339, Shinki wrote:And I already said that. I don't have a solid, concise and explendid case against Kirbyoshi, it's mostly gut.
can you point me to WHERE you said this, Shinki? b/c i just ran all posts from you, and i don't see that mentioned anywhere, but maybe i'm overlooking it.

Here
In post 326, Shinki wrote:It's cool how you ignore my questions about the game being the IC. :?
But whatever, I'm a VT and that's all, and
[irony]SURE I'll give you you an awesome, solid and concise case, as the experienced player I am.[/irony]
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Shinki »

LyingBrian.

DeasVail questions are really something a townie would do?
'cause you know, I'm a townie, but whatever I say I'm being questioned about. His questions are different from yours. Yours I see that there is a point that you're trying to clarify or achieve, but DV questions are just unnecessary and pointless in my point of view, that get us nowhere. Almost ANYTHING I say he proceeds with a questionary. Do I really have to ask so much useless questions to a "suspect" ('suspect' I mean because I got three votes, even if I don't really know why) to be townie? Or he's doing that to LOOK LIKE a townie? Really, I'm a townie and I'm almost being lynched, but I don't feel the need to go around asking question like that and deflecting on others that I didn't suspected beforehand to confirm my alignment. To be honest, I don't even know exactly how to confirm my alignment, but I do see that DV is doing it wrong.
I want to contribute, but asking this kind of questions is the only way?

Hey, Deas.
What are you trying to achieve doing that?
And your answer is: Just because, what's the problem? Does it really matter?

-

IMO, Kirbyoshi and DeasVail are most likely to be scum and that's it. I really believe both of them are scum, but if only one of them is, LyingBrian may be the other, being the IC and experienced as player and deceiving all the newbies like us. :? But that only a remote chance about LB.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:50 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 368, LyingBrian wrote:was this directed at me? sometimes it's really hard to read your posts, Shinki. the bolded sentences are ones that i didn't understand

Yep, I want to know your opinion about DV play style in this day, if it's townie or scummy.

Shinki wrote:Almost ANYTHING I say he proceeds with a questionary. Do I really have to ask so much useless questions to a "suspect" ('suspect' I mean because I got three votes, even if I don't really know why) to be townie? Or he's doing that to LOOK LIKE a townie?

Basically, DV's questionary after every one of my posts is a townie or a scum-trying-to-look-like-townie thing to do?

LyingBrian wrote:honestly, i think you're a townie who's playing poorly.

You're right.
So, how can I improve?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:00 pm

Post by Shinki »

Oh, and
In post 368, LyingBrian wrote:i see where you say that you don't have a solid case against him, but where do you say it's a gut vote?

I didn't said anything about gut-vote before, only about the concise, solic, etc.
In post 339, Shinki wrote:And I already said that. I don't have a solid, concise and explendid case against Kirbyoshi, it's mostly gut.

I know that here I said as if it were the whole sentence, but it's not, sorry if I wasn't clear.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:01 pm

Post by Shinki »

I also liked how Kirbyoshi ignored my question.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (isolation #62) » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Shinki »

Velazanth wrote:A quick iso analysis of Shinki + Fakinha's day one play lead me to this:

#32 Fakinha overreacts extremely to simple RVS questioning

#38 Duck (TC) suspects this behavior

#106 Fakina distance votes Shinki, then polls the town to see who has scumreads

#114 Shinki accuses duck of sheeping a wagon against Fakina, gives a terribad reason about a game where she "played town differently than he is" and interprets this as scum behavior, starting the wagon that eventually lynches duck, without ever actually voting for him.

#157 Sorgster says Shinki is scum and votes her

#158 Fakinha reacts with his reason why he thinks Shinki isn't scummy

#160 Fakinha + Shinki distancing further

Then the duck hammer goes through. After that, Sorgster gets NightKilled?

K.

Lol.

Then Shinki comes right out of night 1 (with the scumslip I've already mentioned) with all votes firing at Kirby, who I read as solid town.

Do I need to do Day 2?

Shinki. Hammer. Fakinha goes next. Town win.

Your post makes no sense, lol
Which scumslip? But more importantly, how can I scumslip If I'm townie. :?
You can actually see some distancing between Kirby and DV, not me and Fakinha. -_-

-
@DLE
Well, I'll try.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (isolation #63) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Post by Shinki »

There is no "reason" behind our attacks or even distancing to each other, it's purely meta-based because we're friends. At the most, what I can say is that in the beggining we were randomly cruising through D1 interacting with each other, and in D2 we get more serious about the game, and this includes changing the in-game relationship of randomness of D1 between me and Fakinha. That breaks the whole 'theory' I guess..

I think Kirbyoshi is tryng way too hard to push a misslynch on me just because of #384 "little stuff" and "no big reason". He doesn't even got a strong gut-feeling like me or something like that to be so certain about it, just random opportunistic reasons >_> , some examples can be found here:
#352, #370, #371.
It's weird that he continued to attack me after he said this: #294
#294 was around the time Velazanth arrived to the game. Until then, Kirbyoshi chances of pushing a sucessful wagon on me was going down, so he says that "shinki stupidity makes her look townie" thing, but then Velazanth comes to the game and gives me rope, then Kirbyoshi go back in what he said and starts to attack me again as "obvious scum", since he got a new sheep to help him.
Also, his catch up post on D1 was extremely opportunistic just letting his vote where it was before he arrived. (duckhunter)

'k, that was fairly good for a gut-case I guess, can we lynch scum now? :]
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (isolation #64) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:51 pm

Post by Shinki »

Because you're voting me and not Kirbyoshi maybe?

Aand,
In post 405, DaLetterEl wrote:
In post 404, DeasVail wrote:I guess it's up to DLE now.

Yeesh, why the pressure?

Kirbyoshi and Shinki still remain as the people I most need to re-read for, so I'm definitely not hammering as it stands right now, and we still have a few days anyway. I'll ISO them both when I wake up.
Really.

Fakinha, can you summarize a couple of the ideas which you had in your ISO on Shinki? I don't need everything from it, since you seem to imply that you had a lot, but just a few of the reasons or posts which really convince you would be nice.

Shinki and Kirbyoshi, is there anything you want to contribute or say before my vote that you think would convince me not to vote for you? Is there something that you want to say that you feel is otherwise important for you to say before the lynch?

I don't have anything else I want to say... I already said everything that is relevant to me, but if you want to ask something, feel free
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #410 (isolation #65) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 409, Shinki wrote:Because you're voting me and not Kirbyoshi maybe?

And probably someone will ask about this sentence so I'll just be clear already. I mean, DV wanted Fakinha to point his reasons, but DV's suspicion about Kirby is not even strong enough to vote him, so why should Fakinha point it? ( I don't even know why you suspect him btw, just saying )
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #411 (isolation #66) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:48 am

Post by Shinki »

why you suspect him = Deas suspecting Kirby
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (isolation #67) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:03 pm

Post by Shinki »

With townies like Velazanth, this game doesn't even need a mafia traitor to help them.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (isolation #68) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:53 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 413, DaLetterEl wrote:Mkay, did quicker ISOs than I wanted to on both Shinki and Kirbyoshi, but ISOs nonetheless. I still want to wait and see what kirbyoshi has to say prior to this vote if anything.

Kirbyoshi wrote:DV, provide an example of a time when scum asked about suspicions before a lynch went through, to decide who to NK. I want to know where you've seen that before.

Kirbyoshi wrote:With posts like the one Shinki just made, who needs a cop?

Post 415 & 420 ftw!
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #424 (isolation #69) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:24 pm

Post by Shinki »

In post 410, Shinki wrote:
In post 409, Shinki wrote:Because you're voting me and not Kirbyoshi maybe?

And probably someone will ask about this sentence so I'll just be clear already. I mean, DV wanted Fakinha to point his reasons, but DV's suspicion about Kirby is not even strong enough to vote him, so why should Fakinha point it? ( I don't even know why you suspect him btw, just saying )

In post 411, Shinki wrote:why you suspect him = Deas suspecting Kirby

I'm getting tired of quoting my own posts...
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #426 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:05 am

Post by Shinki »

So... DLE? Less than a day to deadline :?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #427 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:07 am

Post by Shinki »

In post 426, Shinki wrote:So... DLE? Less than a day to deadline :?

My bad, it's a day and some hours c:
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (isolation #72) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:06 pm

Post by Shinki »

I was going to self-hammer if no one changed their minds until near deadline, because I understand a townie lynch would be better than a no lynch by this point of the game.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #432 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:21 am

Post by Shinki »

So............
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #433 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:38 am

Post by Shinki »

Self-hammering in 15.
I've already seen Deas and Kirby passing by, of course you guys aren't changing your votes.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #435 (isolation #75) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:52 am

Post by Shinki »

Sure you don't.

UNVOTE: Kirbyoshi
VOTE: Shinki

Do the right thing next day guys, lynch Kirby and Deas after him, kthxbye.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (isolation #76) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:04 am

Post by Shinki »

So, it's twilight, we can still talk right?

My reads:

Fakinha, Lying, Velazanth (bad sheep) - Town.
DLE - Null.
Kirbyoshi and Deasvail - Scum.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (isolation #77) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:12 am

Post by Shinki »

You're wrong, I just won you the game ): all the information we need is at my wagon aaand null DLE, who is nowhere to be seen.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (isolation #78) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am

Post by Shinki »

Well, I'm leaving now.
Just to remember you guys.

Kirbyoshi.
Deas.

see ya ~
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #446 (isolation #79) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by Shinki »

That's interesting, Kirby + DLE team seems viable. Maybe even more than Kirby + Deas.

Let's see, 7 alive atm.. 6 when I die, 5 when day starts.
3 to lynch, kirby is scum in both situations so that would be the only thing to do. 4 alive at night, 3 at day start, DLE and Deas will vote themselves at this point of the game, and the other remaining townie will have to make the right choice. Our fate probably lies in Velazanth hands after all. -> This is the worst case scenario for the town, hopefully we still have a power role of some sort that makes things easier.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #452 (isolation #80) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Shinki »

lol, are you guys really discussing theories whether I'm scum or not at this point of the game? Why would I lie? >_>
Most important, why would I self-hammer if I was scum...? Makes no sense. I'm just a VT and that's all. :?
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #453 (isolation #81) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Post by Shinki »

Oh, and Deas, hist post after my self-hammer says everything you need. But I can't tell you in details, it's the same feeling I had with Kirbyoshi.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #454 (isolation #82) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 pm

Post by Shinki »

Plus DLE and Kirbyoshi attacking each other right after the hammer, it was a bit forced, as Kirbyoshi never suspected DLE through D2 as far as I remember.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #456 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Post by Shinki »

..............................................................really?
I'm out.
Mod, please end this day soon.
Shinki
Shinki
Goon
Shinki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #513 (isolation #84) » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:31 pm

Post by Shinki »

Oh, lol
Fakinha told me he investigated Deas and he was innocent.. but he probably changed Deas for DLE, whatever
Yeah, I did called the scumteam but... that self-hammer was meant to "They lynch me today, so tomorrow town can lynch Kirby with no worries", but I didn't count with Velazanth screwing up the game so bad. :?
If DLE continued to play, we probably would have won too, Painkiller either.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”