Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #0) » Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

VOTE Primate

Cause I have no stakes this time :D
Scum:
nk bastion cos he is never being lynched imo.

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:49 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Hello cobblerfone! Good luck have fun!

We Havnt played yet! But I really wanted that spot on 1148 that became open...

But you got it :(

Saying that I'm worried about the late start to this game I hope it picks up.
Scum:

I don't honestly think Sir Bastion is a PR, he's too outspoken for it. But he's also a pain in the ass.
Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Rhinox!

(dont know you either...)

I want to keep this game active so random question!

How did you die in the game you mention in your sig?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:02 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 10, Cobblerfone wrote:Townread on Sir Bastion. Though I'm not sure what good the question can do. Presumably the game isn't over so all he'd be able to say is whether he was lynched or killed.

Thanks for the brownie points?

No I am just trying to get people talking so we could move out of RVS quicker. This is only my 4th game (and I've only finished one where I was nightkilled the first night after I hammered a townie :( ) and so far out of the other 3, the 2 that stayed in RVS for quite a while ended up with really weak leads & for the first 3-4 pages & tunnelled scumhunting for most of day 1 while the 1 where we chatted for a bit and asked each other random questions and talked opened up a lot more options and helped get the game moving (a bit too moving we ended day one on 44pages)

For you Cobblerfone, I guess I cant ask you about 1148 :( so hmm Where you lynched or nightkilled in your last game? Or did you survive?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:10 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 11, Cobblerfone wrote:Oh shoot, I forgot, 12 players. Do we no-lynch today or in mylo? Or do we not no-lynch with the way the setup is? I don't know what the usual procedure is in multiscum games with only one kill.

I just checked the example games in the wiki. All the ones in the example lynched day 1

the ones where the werewolves won the mafia were lynched day 1 it seems

the one (yes only 1) where the mafia won the werewolf was lynched day 1

and town has won with a variety of openings on who was lynched first.

Dont see a case for a no lynch today.

This is my first time in jungle republic too, I have many questions about curious ways to play it.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 15, Rhinox wrote:@Sir Bastion: It is public knowledge that in the game you reference I was lynched not long after replacing in on page 80. Can't say any more than that due to the game still going on

Awe shucks unlucky...

Were you scum or town?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok ok my mistake
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:00 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 21, iamausername wrote:Question for all; would you rather lynch a wolf or a mafia today?

Cobblerfone wrote:You're begining to make me think your doing this on purpose as scum.

What exactly do you mean by this? What is he 'doing on purpose'?

VOTE: TheOtherFiction

Why did you take so long to confirm?

Hmm well as I said I looked at the example games and I explained how it went there. werewolf lynched first then the mafia won in their only example. And most, not all werewolf games won with a maf lynch first.

Which I guess makes sense to an extent.

I think it would be natural for us to want to kill wolves as quick as possible to get rid of the NK so if the seer survived up until that point he/she can reveal (as maf wont be able to NK, unless I misunderstand and they gain NK after wolves all die?) that way town can rely on them and no lynch (if we still have numbers) to force a win through. Otherwise if the seer dies then *blah* so many variables...

But the mafia have the numbers and organisation and can if left unchecked quickly control the vote.

Its hard and I assume thats how the game was designed. We could aim for the wolves and not be careless and perhaps be lucky?

Asking meta related questions that don't tell us anything about the player's playstyle or anything that they would have to take their alignment into consideration for. Scum would want to do this because again, they wouldn't need to take their alignment into consideration for the conversation while making it seem like they're posting a lot

I already explained my logic for questions above. I was mistaken on the level one can ask (and I should reconsider some of my actions elsewhere because of this) about other games and past games? I was trying to get the people to talk on a variety of areas so we get a feel for each other beyond who we RVS and what joke we threw in with it, I just thought the last game we all played might be an easy start that doesnt sound as far left as say *Who do you want to win the Rugby World Cup?"
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:04 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Possible that Bastion is either scum trying to hide the fact Cobbler called him "townie" so early OR Bastion could be trying to make a townie look suspicious by quoting without actually acting on him.

Acting? I actually had to reread a few times to work out how you read my post. And I just clicked it. You are wondering why I didnt move off my RVS vote on to Cobbler despite pointing out that I recognise it as sucking up. Honestly I opted not to push because I didnt think it was worth it. My *brownie points* comment was mostly in jest rather then accusing him of sucking up with scum intent. As for not moving my vote yet, I already explained my thinking, I'm trying to get more dialogue flowing between players rather then get tunnelled in on a weak lead.

Speaking of dialogue, one question that comes up a lot, is policy on day 1 lurkers...though it might be problematic with this game due to its unusual late start and we still havnt got 100% numbers yet so we could be seeing a lot of early swaps.

Either way, Bastion looks a little scummy. Plus, a little reasoned vote starts discussion better than RVs.

is the reasoned a dig at me? :D

Meta-questions could be a mistake of a townie or scummy, but his newness is worn down a good 4 months or whatever

Is this to me or Cobbler? Cause the meta questions I assume mean me, but I have not been here 4 months? Could you clarify please?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #9) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:42 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

there are two primates? :D
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:43 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

@Bastion: You! but I did mentally place your join date as April instead of August (and even from that miscounted, hence the "4 months or WHATEVER" but yeah, you. I was supposing you might be breaking site rules just because of your newness to the game. (Which is like a meta defense of a real accusation, but I digress to avoid some sort of circular logic).

Ahh ok (how did I miss this post earlier?) To answer your question, I've always scanned posters activity outside the game so far (in a total of 3 games before this one) and I've never hidden that I've done so, but this is the first game that I've been told its against the rules (including a newbie game where I did it quite a bit initially.)

So far a lot of null reads the only one I have a tiny suspicions on are cobblerstone and Rhinox. Not enough for a vote (I like to see if what Yossarian says about primate is true first so will keep that pressure unless something tempts me otherways) So instead I have questions for both of you instead.

Cobblerstone for the reason rhinox laid out but like I already stated I dont think its a big read. Its just this game is still fresh and no one has done anything really scummy, so we look to things that out of the ordinary (hence naturally I've been pulled up on a few things by others). Really there's nothing more to it then like me he is a nail sticking up at the moment. Hence no vote.

But here's a question!!! You've told us who you like! But who is the closest to a scum read for you at the moment?

Speaking of unusual, about rhinox, its a tad wifomy. People make gut town/scum calls all the time, cobbler made one on me and rhinox seems to be pushing really hard for a wagon to form over it. Yes what Cobblerstone did was the most out of ordinary thing and one may think to put pressure on him to see how he reacts, but the crime vs the chase seems a bit dogged. Other people have said things in this thread but Rhinox has touched none of it and has tunnelled on cobblerstone. Its too early for tunnelling IMO.

So my question to you is obvious! Will you tell us your opinion on some other players that have posted?

BTW: Hi Crypto!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

If I wanted your answer to my questions I would have asked you and not cobbler.

I wasn't answering your question, I was making my observations and reads as the game currently stands.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:01 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 48, Rhinox wrote:hmm... well I'm still not entirely saitisfied with cobbler but there is another thing I've noticed.

IIOA, IIOA, Random Vote?, IIOA.

Noticing this pattern here with Yos. Its still early and I can give a pass on the first 3 because collectively they're basically your first post and you were answering distinct questions, but the last 1 is starting to raise some red flags for me. Too much talk about theory*.

The last one is also somewhat strange in that he's correcting someone for saying something similar to what he said in his second post. That they'd prefer to go after wolves first.

Yos what is drastically different from what scooby says here

I think I'd rather get rid of the werewolf nk first.
I also think that it's more easy to catch mafia when there are a lot of them because they interact more.

form you here:

Probably a wolf; bringing the warewolf group from 2 members down to 1 member hurts them more then lowering the mafia group from 3 members to 2 members hurts them.
Dosn't really matter that much, though.

that needed you to educate him of the risks of ignoring the mafia?

@Rhinox: Isnt questions on theory commonly used in RQS though?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

most of my posting is done from a smartphone :D
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:04 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 75, iamausername wrote:
In post 27, Sir Bastion wrote:Speaking of dialogue, one question that comes up a lot, is policy on day 1 lurkers...though it might be problematic with this game due to its unusual late start and we still havnt got 100% numbers yet so we could be seeing a lot of early swaps.

some might say
that sunshine follows thunder
go and tell it to the man who cannot shine

some might say
this post is kind of scummy

UNVOTE: TheOtherFiction
VOTE: Sir Bastion

lovely poetry. (haiku?)

May I ask what is kind of scummy about it?

(Also "Speaking of dialogue" is a ridiculously bad segue, shame on you.)

Shamed :(

Unvote. Vote: Sir Bastion.

In other news, all the activity in this game has me shaking with excitement.

are you in RVS or just wagoning?

btw the other friction its been for a while but I thought you'd notice after the mod said it twice now your vote is broken.

shamed
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #15) » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:44 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Looks like he tried to vote Bastion early on but messed up the bold tags, no big deal, except that was back on Tuesday, he's posted several times since then, and never bothered to actually put his vote on for real. Looks like overly cautious scum to me.

It has been somewhat hidden at the bottom of the votecount, he might have missed it?

btw
unvote
no point of it for the moment. Will give the thread a re-read through when I got the brains for it.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (isolation #16) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:38 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

not much to say at the moment, curious about theotherfiction wagon but not enough to spot the hiding scum atm.

Until then hello Hiraki and funkybike1!!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #17) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:02 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 102, iamausername wrote:
In post 75, iamausername wrote:
In post 27, Sir Bastion wrote:Speaking of dialogue, one question that comes up a lot, is policy on day 1 lurkers...though it might be problematic with this game due to its unusual late start and we still havnt got 100% numbers yet so we could be seeing a lot of early swaps.

some might say
that sunshine follows thunder
go and tell it to the man who cannot shine

some might say
this post is kind of scummy

UNVOTE: TheOtherFiction
VOTE: Sir Bastion

(Also "Speaking of dialogue" is a ridiculously bad segue, shame on you.)

No takers? OK. Let me explain.

Why is Sir Bastion bringing up the idea of a policy lynch on lurkers here?
Was anybody else talking about lynching lurkers? No. Does Sir Bastion have any opinion to offer on the subject? No. All he has to say is "sometimes people discuss this".

Seems like he's trying to float the idea forward to see how people take it, but without actually committing himself to any opinion, so there's plausible deniability if this is a town that is not amenable to the idea. I don't see why a town player would post something like this.

Seemingly random question; Rhinox, how many times have you played with Yos before?

I'm also getting bad vibes from Cobblerfone that I am so far unable to pin down. I'll keep you posted.

Actually if you consider that quote in the context of both the post you took it from and the conversation it developed from you'd see I was discussing it as a line of questioning for RQS. Which I was doing a pretty bad job at up until this point because normally one would ask for lurker opinions, but due to the games slow start that would have been pointless since most of the lurkers got replaced.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #18) » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:13 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

theotherfriction post reads a bit like an omgus. could be a scumflail like hiraki says.

btw
vote Crypto
iamusername told me why he's pushing for my lynch, lets hear yours.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #119 (isolation #19) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:01 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

mod: you have me twice voting Crypto and not voting
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #20) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

well i'm happy with my vote
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #21) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

don't like being a broken record, if you're not going to answer why bother repeating myself? Your actions alone will attract a wagon on to you, I don't need to do anything for now, instead I can spend my time more constructively by examining posts by people who actually contribute
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #22) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:47 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I think odds on you are possibly Mafia, not werewolf. Mostly because you are acting with the safe knowledge that you know someone here will have your back. While that would be true with the wolves too there is only two of them and one does not want to have both players on the same side of a case. As Mafia you can have someone cover for you prodding and pushing everyone like how Yossarian defends Primate in the post above and still keep another player away from the drama.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:02 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

struggling with the forum interface again??
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:08 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

wifom :D

I'd say it's common on day 1 for there to be more wifom then actual case. Though I'd admit Yossarian has somehow pulled a case out rather quickly. I'd like to hear friction's defence.

and you?

Are you voting friction to L-1 because you are convinced Yos is right?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #25) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

should I be worried that you left me off your list?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I notice you are avoiding the call to claim...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (isolation #27) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 161, Cobblerfone wrote:You're not supposed to claim until someone
off
your wagon asks to though.

I did not know that.

Hmm my thinking is wrong then

[\quote]@Sir Bastion: are you saying you would be willing to hammer TheOtherFiction?[/quote]

I didn't think too much of the case but tof's defence has been pretty poor with a bit of OMGUS. That to me says VT if anything but that would also been a straightforward claim hence I was suspect of why he opted to outright ignore it. Now I know.

No I'm happy seeing if crypto might have to heed my earlier comments.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #28) » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:08 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Damn doing quotes on an iPhone is hard
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #29) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:28 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Mod the votelist Is wrong. Crypto is on fiction and fiction is on crypto
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #30) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:55 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I agree it's a stronger lead then crypto (who has method to his madness) and cobbler seems to have some piss poor deduction (saying watering makes you mafia?) he could be worse then me! Heh :D

unvote. Vote cobblerfone
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Warewolf not watering...stupid iphone
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (isolation #32) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:25 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

he makes no sense so you unvote him?

This is a really strange game.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (isolation #33) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:31 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 200, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 198, Sir Bastion wrote:he makes no sense so you unvote him?

This is a really strange game.

She's at L-1, I want an explanation without the risk of quickhammer.

no she was at L-2 Crypto moved his vote before you posted. (#185)
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (isolation #34) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:46 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 210, Cobblerfone wrote:
In post 208, scooby wrote:Do you realize pressure it's a good thing for getting reads?

Do you really think someone can quickhammer in day 1?

Pressure is independent of the vote, I'd say.

You never know.

Dodgy post is dodgy. Backpeddling with me (voting again in prior post) but being defiant against scooby by saying he doesn't need to vote to apply pressure...

Make up your mind. Either you made a mistake or you do not need to vote to get answers.

Btw I think the tof wagon is going nowhere. Cobbler is more of a mess and think we should push him instead!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #35) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:45 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Heh that gives us 2 wagons on l-2 and Only tof elsewhere and primate not voting... So much possibility
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 220, TheOtherFiction wrote:I wouldn't mind putting anymore pressure on Cobbler. I haven't liked him (or you, to be fair, less so now) since the game started.)

Do you need an invitation or something? Saying you would do something but doing nothing is not helping. Especially when there are players who are demanding action to be taken...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:20 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

From my phone

He's at l-3.

Cobbler is at l-1

@TOF: what? I'm actually not following. The vote count was just above your post and only 2 votes occurred since then. Cobbler was at the time of your post on L-2. It's really simple to check. (though I admit I made a recent vc fubar elsewhere)

But my issue was what was the point of that post? You say you you wouldn't mind putting more pressure but you just make that statement you don't make any vote changes nor do you even ask Cobb a question or give an ultimatum.

To me I see two variants of scumlike actions here

Firstly it's a firm of active lurking you are pretending to be involved in the game when you'd prefer to stay away on your crypto wagon so no attention can come to you.

Or worse you are actively distancing from cobbler. That you are both scum and that the messy logic from cobbler and him focusing more on yos2 then tof (despite being on the tof wagon) was scumplay to have the wagon flip back onto yos. Look over both players iso we get lots of hypo talk over how people will read flips and a unvote from cobbler that was not explained (until I prodded it) and now tof who doesn't want to be noticed not pushing cobbler's case.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

That was amazing timing...I must be psychic
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (isolation #39) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:10 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Man you really do struggle with it
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (isolation #40) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:38 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

cobblerfone just got hammered.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #41) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:39 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

if he flips scum I suspect that TOF is also scum.

If he's wolf we have struck gold :D

If he's mafia we might have a problem.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (isolation #42) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

anyone up for a spooky coincidence?

StefanB has exactly 666 posts after posting the last update for this game and then someone gets lynched after that update.

OOOOOOOOOOOO!!!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #248 (isolation #43) » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

i'm pretty sure if Cobbler is aware he's been hammered by crypto then he is town. Unless he wants to send TOF up shitcreek without a paddle by his last post.

If he is VT then my only issue with TOF's last post was it felt like someone active lurking.

But in the scale of scummy actions it pales in comparison to crypto's hammer. I'd consider primate for putting him at L-1 except firstly primate had actually questions to be answered and primate's posting has been so sparse that its no surprise he wasnt around to stop the hammer.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (isolation #44) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:33 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

wiki link?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #45) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Firstly I don't think the seer should claim unless he has a guilty on a wolf. Claiming for a mafia while helpful in keeping the numbers in our favor. It will though throw away our best weapon against the wolves.

Hypocopping sounds like giving a reads list right? If so I was in the middle of doing so anyway.

I'm pretty sure there was 1 wolf in each wagon they both wouldn't join the same I did think crypto but he's obviously clean. And primate's post that put cobble at l-1 was informative and had questions...but no call to claim?

So that's a question I want him
To answer.

After that it's yos2 me and rhinox.

Course I could be wrong and tof is mafia and the cobble wagon was pushed mostly by scum to keep him safe?

When I get to my computer I'll do a proper breakdown of my opinions post day 1.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #46) » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:23 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

The flaw is what if he investigated crypto last night?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #47) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:12 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Are you softclaiming hiraki?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (isolation #48) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I have my suspicions but for now I agree with rhinox. It's day2 the time for unhelpful posts are over, it's time to work together. If you are not willing then

vote funkybike1
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #280 (isolation #49) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:41 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I don't see rhinox post as scummy. It does read you are far reaching and making a case out of nothing. Which itself is kind of scummy but coupled with your iso reeks of you needing to step up and prove yourself rather then be ignored.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (isolation #50) » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

hmm

and funkybike's vote is also not somewhat forced? Its day 2 if it takes me voting people to get them to start putting together content. Or at least chime in on current discussions (Like how the hypocopping discussion has been discarded without any new comments :( ) then by god I'll do a crypto and put my vote over each of you until you start acting less like street urchins and more like genuine townies!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (isolation #51) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:18 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

3 mafia 2 wolves out of 10. Town still biggest single block in the game. But your right there will always be at least 1 scum on any lynch today. Your suspicions are justified. The matter is how we act on them.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (isolation #52) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

are you confirming found scum then?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (isolation #53) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Yes I gathered that much. But recently in games I've become sick of people giving gut instincts as if they 100% confirmed. So either he presents a damn case or claims something that proves why he's 100% positive you are scum.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (isolation #54) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Seriously? That's a very early claim for what is a pittance of pressure? I mean you are not at l-1 yet! Of the four left to vote 1 thought the wagon was rubbish 1 is yourself and the other two have not commented on it.

It's almost as if you know that the majority of your wagon is town and that the risk of a double scum quickhammer is a genuine risk???
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (isolation #55) » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:43 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I didn't say all I said majority. You are right though there can be a fair few variables

It's 4 people on his wagon. If he was a wolf or a townie he'd go on the offensive because there could be up to 3 of those 4 being scum do fighting their cases could expose scumtells or flaws.

But if he is mafia at most 2 of the 4 could be wolves. And because of their small number I'd wager there's only one wolf on this wagon.

Douse theotherfiction is right too double quick would reveal a scum team too easily.

But it still leaves the issue of this very unusual claim.

What's everyone's policy on lynch all liars?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (isolation #56) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

If we have so much time why did you claim so early?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (isolation #57) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

do you have enough energy to present a case against TOF?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (isolation #58) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:45 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p3502465

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3503118

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 8#p3504268

Not really a lot

I do think you have a point that he didnt claim when at L-1. And I do remember finding one of his posts quite suspect as either active lurking or distancing from cobbler.

But cobbler flipped town so a lot of my suspect of TOF went with that flip...

I guess the cobbler flip has drowned a lot of the day 1 discussion.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #59) » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Primate's meta defense of funky is very plausible

But Primate's meta defense (before it was taken down) was painting him as more unhelpful this game then his prior, which is not an offense but a case for him being possible scum.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #60) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:13 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (isolation #61) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:20 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

are you replacing iamusername?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #62) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:33 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok just mod didn't announce...unless I'm blind?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (isolation #63) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:55 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

the risk is pretty high though if we lynch another townie and the wolves nk one of us then the mafia will be running the game come tomorrow pretty much right? We'd have lost already and its just down to the scum finding wolves & :(

So townies need to be active!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (isolation #64) » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:45 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Agh so it was me being blind and stupid...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #344 (isolation #65) » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:08 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Because his playstyle yesterday almost got him lynched?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:52 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

sorry guys i'll be somewhat VLA til the weekend due to work commitments.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #67) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 4:48 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok I'm back.

On the havingfitz wagon while yes he voted me (and has been suspecting me consistently since day 1) I didnt think to connect the two. I assumed he was town misjudging posts and waited on an actual case for me to defend myself (I did give a small defencer to his vote here: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 2#p3530372) which he ignored.

With no case I do agree with Elmo's reading much like how my read of TOF and Cobblerfone was built on their day 1 interactions, so did fitz build his initial suspect of me. But the TOF/Cobblerfone lead went bust so I have backed off TOF (much to Hiraki's disapointment) I just dont have enough information to push anything.

But
Elmo's point that Fitz hasnt taken into account Cobbler flipping town and not pushed a case on my activity of day 2 does make him highly suspect. his case has nothing to it but he's happy to hide behind it until we lynch someone else.

I want answers. I want to hear a case on me so that I can defend myself and that you can prove to us you are genuinely scumhunting and not just active lurking

unvote

vote: havingfitz

Saying that though a quick note

-I liked Elmo's reasoning it is why I'd join this wagon. But I hate Primates and Yosarians reasoning it reads all kind of mafia scum. The only thing stopping me from outright pushing such an idea is that the primate is a lurker and yos2 has been very pro active. If they'd both been somewhat less active i'd said mafia for both of them in a heartbeat.

But I'll reread their ISO's and see if there is more to it then that.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #68) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:06 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Oh BS!

Funky you have no right to do that! seriously that looks dodgy as f*ck!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (isolation #69) » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:14 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 379, Elmo wrote:I really do want to kill the pair of you.

Just so we're clear on that.

who first though?

killing one wont tell us much about the other cause one could be wolf and the other maf. So its a matter of killing someone for their interactions with others, but their interactions have been minimal. We could learn something from their wagons except the wagon on both...is pretty much the same people.

:(

flip a coin?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (isolation #70) » Sun Oct 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 391, scooby wrote:
In post 377, funkybike1 wrote:Prod dodge!

Fitz has not done anything useful so far, so I might as well VOTE: havingfitz.

Let's see how it turns out.

ARE YOU SURE WE WANT THIS SCUM IN LATE GAME?

LIKE REALLY?

I'll admit I'd like to lynch him on that post alone too, but I want to get answers from fitz first. We still have 2 more days and he is being prodded now. I want answers and a lynch. Not just the lynch.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (isolation #71) » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:41 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Why did funky already think he was l2???
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (isolation #72) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

obviously TOF is a red herring. No way would he be stupid enough to kill the player who was dogging him for the last 2 days.

funkybike is the obvious one to push on now. But really anyone who was on the havingfitz wagon is suspect.

Hell I'm almost suspect of iamusername as under Elmo's control they were one of the key players to instigate the havingfitz wagon along with yos2 ( http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3547210 )

and then when iamusername took back over he quickly distanced himself from what was a surefire wagon ( http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3551990 )

saying that though he has been pretty much spot on for most readings on this game (He stated Hiraki was town in that post and even I didnt believe that).

Rhinox did try to start a wagon on hiraki during the day, but that's as much of a red herring as TOF.

Yos2 sat on the wagon pretty much so thats suspicous but his posting is consistent.

Primate was rare in posting on day 1 but when he posted he was full of thoughts and info. He only has 12 posts, but all his posts on day 2 are either prod dodges or one or two lines his only substantial post was a small breakdown of what he didnt like about Havingfitz and a meta post that was edited.

Its a strange shift from a posting style that looked at everybody

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 1#p3516511

http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3504780

to suddenly pushing on one.

For the moment that shift in posting style irks me a lot and I'd like to hear something substantial and a vote is better then nothing to get it out quickly
vote:Primate

Can we also consider the hypocopping suggestion again or is it too late to be any use?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #429 (isolation #73) » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:31 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Ok...I just got a convidence boost, despiteb eing nk'd on the first night my first game just finished and we won. SO NOW I HAVE A RECORD TO PRESERVE PRESS ON TOWN!!! PRESS ON!!!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (isolation #74) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:30 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

can I point out a lot of people are talking that we
MUST
lynch scum today.

And yet no one is actually doing anything...
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (isolation #75) » Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:41 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

sounds like a plan. Lets stick with it and go for gold! Just looked like we had stalled for a bit there.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #76) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

and this game goes dead again :(
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #451 (isolation #77) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:52 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

f*ck it i'll start the hypocopping

Rhinox is not a wolf
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #453 (isolation #78) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:37 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

oh yeah two days you are right

Rhinox and iamusername are not wolves
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #79) » Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

well you make me feel sheepish now :(
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #462 (isolation #80) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:00 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Mod when will you be prodding?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (isolation #81) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:09 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Thx for the reply
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #470 (isolation #82) » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:44 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

You of all people should know this isn't a tell for me. You've had other players tell you I am a lurker regardless of alignment, so you should really know better than to apply a general tell to me that specifically doesn't apply. I was replaced out of another game day 2 of this one, and you know what happened in the other game we played together. I'm a lurker generally, and these past couple of months have been particularly bad even for me. Doesn't make me scum.

It wasnt the lurking I had an issue with.

Primate was rare in posting on day 1
but when he posted he was full of thoughts and info.

It was the shift from you discussing the game at large (each players actions and how you felt it reflected on them) to the next day focusing on one player and pushing it that bugged me.

You are right that I know you lurk and it's not the issue I had. It was the the shift of focus, I was hoping there was a reason for it.

unvote

we are just waiting on scooby and then we'll discuss the plan of attack today.

Rhinox thinks funky could be a wolf. I'm inclined to agree, if he was mafia with three of them he shouldnt look so isolated (with just two the other wolf would stay as far from him as possible)

primate explain your wifomy thinking to those of us new to jungle republic. Should we be looking for towntells over scumtells? It still puts at risk of lynching a wolf instead of mafia when its a mafia we need right now.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #474 (isolation #83) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:08 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Now what?

Is funky worth the risk or does anyone have anything better?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #476 (isolation #84) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

Nice counter but no. Last I checked everyone still thinks your scum but can't decide if it's wolfy scum or mafia scum. Normally we'd just lynch you but we need to kill mafia scum today
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (isolation #85) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

I dont think scooby is scum when i look over his iso i get a good feeling. So I rather push on funkybike as my gut is telling me if we lynch scooby the town will lose this game.

So I'm going to join the safer wagon :D
vote: funkybike
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #481 (isolation #86) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:44 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

woah. I missed the TOF wagon there.

Rhinox got a case for that lynch? I know there was a lot on day 1 that got discarded on day 2. But is there anything new to add?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (isolation #87) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:18 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

and basically ereryone can be attacked of low content.

except me :D 88 posts and counting!
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #485 (isolation #88) » Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:19 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

btw funkybike is now at
L-2
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #89) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:59 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

hmm

I dont know if its because everyone in this game posts so little or if its a good sign that we are on the right track that funky has been sitting at l-1 for almost 11 hours

Cause that would mean that on his wagon are two townies and two wolves and its just a matter of the last townie to join us?

Or its just everyone posts so little and its taking 11 hours for another mafia scum member to sign on and hammer him.

any other game and i'd be convinced we were on to a winner but with the trickle of content here I cant be sure.

MOD: You have Rhinox listed twice in the above vote count

for now though I'm gonna run with what my brain is telling me to do and not my gut and see if it helps

unvote
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (isolation #90) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:22 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

That is a confident case, not a strong one but confident and the quote from TOF from earlier is pretty damning.

coupled with the fact that you have been sitting on your own with it for a couple of days now makes me think you are on the right track.

The funky case quickly got to L-1 but then stalled. As I already said thats either a good case of him being scum as we need 1 more townie (2 town + 2 wolf) or the other wolf (3 town + 1 wolf) or of him being pressed on by mafia (3 mafia + me :( )

But you've been on TOF for quite a while and if funky was mafia his teammates at least would have raced to your wagon to take the pressure off him.

So its very tempting.

Problem is your original post starting this wagon was lacking a case, if you had started it with the above post and no one raced to it I would have called it a slamdunk case that TOF is mafia scum.

So i'm back to fighting myself over which of the two is more likely.

SO lets open it up. We are waiting on scooby's reads. Lets hear the reads of Funky and TOF too.

TOF, SCOOBY AND FUNKY: YOUR SCUM AND TOWN READS PLEASE?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #497 (isolation #91) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Hiraki is a wolf???

I don't think even the mod knew that? Interesting slip.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (isolation #92) » Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:06 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

yet it is so unsurprisingly true, when you were asked to give reads and here you are clear as day sidestepping giving actually information and instead pushing to lynch someone else.

if you dont even attempt at being informative in your next post my vote is going back on to you which if you are not scum puts the whole game at risk. So swallow whatever damn pride is stopping you from playing nice and do the right thing.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (isolation #93) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:13 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

SirB, what are your thoughts on TOF now?

I am leaning heavily towards mafia scum for him. I probably would have pushed a TOF wagon if Funky didnt keep essentially goading me with his bad play to hammer him. If he doesnt make an effort to defend himself at some point I will push him. I'm sick of him ducking issues.

but as far as I can tell we're at a point in the game where if everybody makes the optimal choices the wolves can't win and its going to come down to a town vs maf endgame.

man I want your confidence.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #508 (isolation #94) » Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

???

I unvoted earlier.

in this post: http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 0#p3574560
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #518 (isolation #95) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:41 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

funky has been online since I gave him an ultimatum and he hasnt come back.

also of the three on his wagon I have a fairly strong read on one of them as town and another as null/leaning town. But TOF is my other scum read.

So I'm very much of the mind to put him back on the block. I want answers!

Vote Funkybike1
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (isolation #96) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

why cause we are voting for you?
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (isolation #97) » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:57 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 521, funkybike1 wrote:No, because you're all acting blatantly scummy.

??? says the person that everyone in this game is convinced is scum, they just cant agree if you are mafia or wolf.

Are you even reading the game at all? You seem ignorant to this fact.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (isolation #98) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

I am not the Seer

BUT

neither are you.

I am pretty confident that you and TOF are the remaining mafia and this is a mafia gamble.

Every outcome of this gamble benefits the mafia and only one benefits the town. (that one being that you hit a wolf and they go for you tonight) But you are blatantly goading the real seer to come out and challange you by your entire post ignoring the mafia gamble. You painted yourself up as a possible wolf just so the real seer jumps at you and reveals himself to the real wolves. And the odds of claiming on a real wolf would increase.

And I know your not the seer because you are the one who put forward the hypocopping in the first place and there is no way from how you have been playing that you are WIFOM enough to trust in the wolves not killing the person who suggested hypocopping in the hope he was the seer. If you were on that level of WIFOM you would not have stayed on the funkybike wagon so much you would played closer to the level of your replacement Elmo did which was push outside the box, but you've been playing it safe.

I also know it was you rhinox and TOF that are scum because of your hypo results. The three of you dont cross at all. Every other player names someone in common with someone else but the three of you have no crossing over. Clearly you started the hypocopping suggestion on day 2 which Rhinox encouraged and the three of you picked different people so that regardless of who gets lynched there is a high chance one of you would be in the clear to claim seer if needed (if a wolf had been caught between day 2 and now it could have wiped out only 1 of the three of you.

just so everyone can see it firsthand:

IAMUSERNAME SAID:
Hiraki is not a wolf! Primate is not a wolf!

RHINOX said:

yos is not a wolf.
TOF is not a wolf.

TOF said

If I am Seer, Sir B is not a wolf and Rhinnox is not a wolf.

But like I said I am not stopping this.

I've run the alternatives through my head over and over, unless the real seer counter claims with a genuine answer you have the best odds of catching a wolf.

THE REAL SEER DO NOT COUNTER CLAIM UNLESS YOU HAVE A GUILTY!!!

otherwise you will hand the game to the mafia if the gamble works.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #536 (isolation #99) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:43 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 535, iamausername wrote:if we don't lynch a wolf today, the mafia lose too

Yes I am completely in agreement with this. I said so in my post.

the mafia have absolutely no reason to claim seer, it does not benefit them in any way

Wrong.

You said it yourself, the wolf needs to lynch a mafia to stay in the game. By claiming Seer and taking the gamble of increasing the odds of catching a wolf by lowering the number in the pool. You increase the mafia chances of winning. If the gamble pays off You will appear as Seer so the remaining wolf wont touch you which means of the remaining players only 1 is mafia and 2 are town increasing the odds of a town kill and a mafia win straight away tomorrow.

I dont want that. I want you to get the wolf but I want the remaining wolf to kill you so it puts the town ahead.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #543 (isolation #100) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:17 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 538, iamausername wrote:so my nefarious plan is to guess who a wolf is, claim to be the seer with a guilty on that wolf so he gets lynched, and then just hope the real seer doesn't counterclaim for some reason?

How does it hurt the mafia if the real seer counterclaims?

Well its all mute now, after yesterday yos2 was null/scum to me (only not being on the funky wagon made me think he wasnt mafia.) but after rhinox and my gut telling me I know who the mafia are I would say he is looking more and more likely a wolf candidate and I didnt have him pegged as possible Seer anyway.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #550 (isolation #101) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

Vote: Yosarian 2

Best choice. Even if my read of the people involved is correct yos2 is still guilty.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #557 (isolation #102) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:22 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

On phone and at crunch period for the next 2-3 days so won't be as active as normally am.

It looks as if we mislynch we lose. If Iam is the seer (which is likely I know I am of the unpopular opinion of being suspect of it) and he's found the wolf then he should claim it when we are to hammer. If he claims it too early then the wolf will control who wins between mafia and town. As he holds deciding vote and one more kill. Unless he thinks he can convince the wolf to back team town over team scum.

At the moment I'm torn between two trains of reads:

If iam hasn't found the wolf he's narrowed it down to two people (I assume because of my outburst he checked me yesterday so it's either tof or scooby)

Iam as seer. Primate/scooby as scum and tof as wolf

Iam/tof as scum with scooby as real seer and Primate as wolf.

Will try to keep eye on things as Best as I can from phone.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (isolation #103) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 1:40 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

How confident of your reads?

We could lynch one of the two you Havnt Checked if you are confident that one you have checked (ie me) is the VT :)
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (isolation #104) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:27 pm

Post by Sir Bastion »

In post 565, Primate wrote:No, I think you may be a wolf, because of Yos2, who was a werewolf. If I look into that and there is something to it, I will revise my opinion that you are mafia.

I miss something?

I'm wondering whether we have ToF-SirB as mafia
and Yos's move against Scooby was him throwing some distance between them under the assumption that as an experienced player still left he'd be seer'd that night.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #570 (isolation #105) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 1:17 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

If you believe Ian is the seer then primate cannot be the wolf.
Scum:

Sir Bastion
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Sir Bastion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #577 (isolation #106) » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:37 am

Post by Sir Bastion »

On phone

On phone still very busy but watching thread

pretty much already explain my position on the first post of this day.

At the start I wasn't 100% you were genuine I wanted to see how you treated the reads before I accept you as seer. I got my players mixed up and said primate was possible wolf when I should have said scooby and primate possibly seer (if you were not seer)

No one has counter claimed you nor has your actions shown you to be a fraud.

This came clear by primates 2nd post today but I didn't have a lot of time and scooby's vote caught me by surprise and I wanted to catch the team today then going in without Iam tomorrow (by wolf kill but now it seems that's impossible. Since it will give the mafia the win.) so the only thing holding me back right now is to accept that scooby is his partner or if it's tof.

I'd lean scooby personally
Scum:

Return to “Completed Open Games”