Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 624, DeltaWave wrote: I've already explained.

ORLY?

I dont remember you explaining why DJ just disappeared off your suspects list...

or why Meta is now valuable...

huh.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her/hers

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:30 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 625, Slandaar wrote:
In post 624, DeltaWave wrote: I've already explained.

ORLY?

I dont remember you explaining why DJ just disappeared off your suspects list...

or why Meta is now valuable...

huh.

(1) You're making this up again; DJ didn't disappear off my suspect list at all. Provide proof of your assertion. I know you can't, because this is a flat-out lie just like the most recent incarnation of your case, but I thought I might ask just for fun.

(2) My case against you stands without meta. The meta was just a footnote, although I can see why you'd like to disregard 95% of my case to deal only with a few sentences. You want attention to be directed away from my case on you to a minor point I brought up. You'd rather be discussing the few sentences I've devoted to your meta instead of the paragraphs I've spent showing how you blatantly and shamelessly lie to get your case across.

I think Slandaar keeps posting like this to push my responses to his case back, and therefore they may get overlooked. So everyone reading this needs to go back to my Post #624, read it over, and tell me if you seriously see Slandaar as town after all that BS.
When there's trouble, you call DW.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Slandaar »

you are arguing semantics.

which is what you said i was doing.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Slandaar »

Trying to prove you were not lurking by saying you could post in a timeframe is not really helping your cause.

My point about saying you said you couldnt was my view on why you were saying it was ridiculous.

if you could post in said timeframe as you now claim, then why is the lurking accusation so surprising?

Deltas reaction to lurking:

You are grasping at straws

me: you were lurking

Delta: what?

So, deltas comment about grasping and not understanding the lurking comment shows cognitive dissonance, in one post he knows what im suggesting in the other he doesnt.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 2:50 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Your case is so, so, so, so undeniably bad.

In Post 662, you stated that DeltaWave claimed "he couldn't post in said timeframe." I proved that to be a lie in my Post 664.

So you ignore that. I caught you in a blatant lie and you just want it to slip by without further comment.

Now your case is that because I
could have
posted from the evening on one night, to the morning of the next day, I was lurking. :roll:

Holy shit Slandaar. This case is so bad. I can't believe that you are honestly coming in here and claiming that because I didn't post from night to morning, I must be LURKING SCUM.

You stated in #555 that my defense was "plausible." Why the backtrack?

You are so much scum.

"For pure will, unassuaged of purpose, delivered from the lust of result, is every way perfect."
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:52 am

Post by Slandaar »

huh?

if you could post in the timeframe it backs up what i was saying

so why would i lie in favour of your argument?

makes no sense.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:55 am

Post by Slandaar »

the case has nothing to do with you not posting during a certain period.

its to do with the timing of your post.

Is it too complicated to understand or do you misrep continually on purpose?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:17 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 630, Slandaar wrote:

In post 631, Slandaar wrote:the case has nothing to do with you not posting during a certain period.

I like how you can go from using the time period I was posting in to support your case, to the position that the time period has nothing to do with the case, in the span of only three minutes. It's always awesome when scum contradict themselves in a double-post.

Your case is an absolute joke. It's such a waste for me to even respond to it, but pointing out these scumslips make it worth my time.

At this point, I'm not sure how anyone can not be voting Slandaar. Not only is his case fundamentally ridiculous, but I've pointed out lies and contradictions that town would have no incentive to make.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:52 am

Post by Slandaar »

taking things out of context is pretty scummy.

I was saying; you could post in a timeframe so the coincidence is less hence you saying you can post in that time supports what i was saying.

Then you were saying the case is that you didnt post in a 12 hour period.

Its not.

Thats not it at all.

Why do you misrep continually?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:15 am

Post by DeltaWave »

In post 633, Slandaar wrote:
Then you were saying the case is that you didnt post in a 12 hour period.

Its not.

Thats not it at all.

Why do you misrep continually?

In post 589, Slandaar wrote:within 12 hours implies before 12 hours.

so yeah, nice defence.

I'm actually laughing IRL right now.

I've caught you dead-to-rights.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:06 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 582, DeltaWave wrote:
even though I said yesterday I wouldn't read the thread for about 12 hours.

In post 629, DeltaWave wrote:In Post 662, you stated that DeltaWave claimed "he couldn't post in said timeframe." I proved that to be a lie in my Post 664.

You can post but not read the thread huh? amazing.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:07 am

Post by Slandaar »

see we can both take things out of context like that. Why do you keep doing that though?
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:18 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Surely you're aware that "couldn't" and "wouldn't" have different meanings.

Your case is just so bad. So, so bad.

Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

Deltas Painted Case
(Deltas amazing contributions to scum hunting)

Delta Replaces in when Sken/Painted are under a lot of heat, although I had started to think painted is town and DJ seemed to be leaning that way also.

heres his top scumread:

In post 266, DeltaWave wrote:
The case against Painted is overwhelming.

In post 278, DeltaWave wrote:
In post 275, Slandaar wrote:or, if you could present the overwhelming case against Painted that would be good too Delta...

Even though I may end up repeating what other people have said, I will do this. You may not see it until tomorrow though, as I have a night class and I might come home so late that I will end up passing out.

Good, Good, lets see this case... Here it comes...
In post 314, DeltaWave wrote:
The sheer number of alarm bells Painted has raised, from the very start of the game up until now, is staggering. It's been discussed at length in this thread; in fact, the first few pages seem devoted solely to this topic. I don't know if a rehash of individual points will do anyone any good.

I AM CONVINCED! GOOD SCUM HUNTING DELTA!

In post 436, DeltaWave wrote:I explained why I found Painted scummy; for the most part, others had made the case before me so I wasn't going to repeat it, but I referred to the Skenvoy/Painted interaction earlier in the game.

I see, but you didnt suspect Sken? you thought scum painted was after town DV? and now you think DV and Painted are scum? your reads seem to make sense...

In post 438, DeltaWave wrote:
Painted's knee jerk reactions in the first three pages of the game are reason enough to be suspicious of him. But the case on Painted has pretty much gone stale in the last ten pages, and Painted's case against DJ gave him some townpoints in my eyes.

That painted case went a bit flat, why was that again? oh yeah lets recap : mr 'case vs painted is overwhelming' did not present said case. Meanwhile I was starting to look elsewhere and so was DJ... I cant guess what happened there.

Delta still finds painted scummy but does neither: try to push the lynch or try and question painted to get a town read, he just keeps his 'safe' painted=scum read.

Delta Forgetting he suspects DJ

In post 426, DeltaWave wrote:Painted was the scummiest player in the thread at the time I made that comment, but times change. Painted made some excellent points against DJ that are making me question his scumminess. Then DV comes along and says he'll support a lynch of almost everyone in the game, even though all those people can't possibly be scum. I have a trifecta of scumminess on my hands. The deadline is coming up, though, so a decision must be made soon. The possibility of DV being scum is attractive, but I don't know if that's only because "Painted v. DJ" is causing me headaches.

Who is Scum??? Is it Painted??? Is it DJ??? or is it DV???

In post 502, DeltaWave wrote:
P-Edit: I'm in the midst of determining who is worse, PFoD or DV. If I'm still stumped after a while of thinking about it, I'll default to PFoD.

ITS PFOD YOU GUIZ ITS PFOD, hang on where did DJ go from this list? VANISHED!

Deltas Home on the Fence

In post 391, DeltaWave wrote:Painted made some good points against DJ in his last case. In fact, some elements of that case are on my own personal list of strong scum-tells. Yet, I also suspect Painted. I'm trying to sort this out in my head.

I CANNOT DECIDE! TOWNIES TELL ME WHO TO VOTE I CANNOT MAKE DECISION WITHOUT YOUR BACKING!!!

In post 462, DeltaWave wrote:He could be, but I haven't seen a good case against him.

Yeah Fennin might be scum, I dunno, I need someone to present a case on him so i can vote him

In post 393, DeltaWave wrote:
I don't know which one I'm leaning towards,

(DJ and PFOD)
I CANNAE DECIDE YOU GUIZ HELP ME OUT

In post 428, DeltaWave wrote:
I want something more solid out of you.

give me something clearer.

YOU CANNOT BE UNDECIDED! I NEED TO KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO VOTE MY BUDDY!!!

Deltas Backtrack on using Meta (between us):

In post 256, DeltaWave wrote:
I don't know much about your meta. I've only played one game with you before (my newbie game.)

I got nothing on you in meta, i know nothing about your game we only played once together
In post 365, DeltaWave wrote:
@DeasVeil - I absolutely hate meta-based arguments so so so so so much.

I hate using meta
In post 582, DeltaWave wrote:
I know you to be a very reasonable player when you are town. I've seen your townplay and you are not inclined toward making bad cases

In post 614, DeltaWave wrote:Plus, I know Slandaar is a good townie. I've played with him before and he formulated some of the best cases in that game. Then he comes out with this. This isn't Slandaar-town.

I can use Meta now though, because it suits my purpose, I had nothing to say earlier, I couldnt give any info out, but now, its ok to use meta.

Deltas Lurking:

Post #543 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:17 pm :
In post 543, Slandaar wrote:DV never lurked after being accused, im sure of it, you people who are suggesting he did PARTICULARLY DELTA need to explain.

Post Post #544 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:20 pm
In post 544, DeltaWave wrote:
It's not like he stopped posting entirely, but he did back off significantly.

Deltas Cognitive Dissonance:

In post 545, Slandaar wrote:oh hi delta, thats amazing, where did you come from?!

In post 546, DeltaWave wrote:
You asked what I thought, so I told you.
You're really grasping for straws here.

This bit suggests he knows what im suggesting. If he doesnt, why is he saying im grasping for straws? what does he think im implying?
In post 547, Slandaar wrote:that is the absolute definition of lurking

In post 548, DeltaWave wrote:What are you on about?

I have no idea whats going on now, but I did a second ago, thats ok though I will change my defence.

Conclusion:

Delta is scum.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:03 am

Post by Slandaar »

theres the case on delta, his case on me is my lurking accusation is bad.

GL with that case.
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:09 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Actually your case looks less shitty than I thought at first.
DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:41 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Your case is still full of holes. It's just as much BS as it ever was.

(1) Your case in the "Painted" section involves so much implication that it's insane. Same with the DJ portion. Because I don't mention DJ in a post, I've ceased to suspect him? Bullshit. You're desperate.

(2) On the fence section - Because I was trying to decide between two people, I'm scummy? Bullshit. Also, bonus scumpoints for
heavily editing
my post #428. If you were town, you wouldn't need to do that.

(3) Lurking - lol I covered this earlier

(4) Meta - Again, you're taking shit out of context.
I was correct when I said I didn't know your meta; I had only played one game against you and you were town. Therefore, I don't know your meta because I've never seen you play scum.
This is not contradictory because I know how you play as a townie, which I stated, and your play is much different from that. Plus, the meta argument isn't even a part of my case.

I should write up a big case against Slandaar. It will have to be later though because I'm going to be busy soon. But, look at all the lies and misreps Slandaar has come out with in the last few pages. If that's not enough, look at Slandaar's first question to me when I replaced in. He wanted to know what I thought about him. Because he's scum, looking to gauge people's reactions to him. He also went from WE MUST LYNCH FENNIN to oh wait MUST LYNCH DELTA at the slightest provocation.

Look at it this way. He was gung ho on Fennin. Then I made a post addressing him, and he came out with this lurker argument. His wall of text is just a retroactive justification for his bullshit.

Yeah, I'm going to put together a case on Slandaar. I'll have it probably tonight.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:42 am

Post by DeltaWave »

EBWOP:Correction: "The meta argument isn't even a substantial part of my case." Left a word out.

DeltaWave
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
DeltaWave
she/her/hers
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:13 am

Post by DeltaWave »

Here's the case versus Slandaar in generally a chronological order. I found out that I had more free time than I thought, so I figure I might wreck him and expose him as scum now.

After reading this, there should be no doubt in anyone's mind that Slandaar is scum.

Scumtell: Being overly concerned with whether they appear town or not

The first interaction I had with Slandaar in this game was in Post #216, in which he asks for my read on him. He doesn't ask who I think is scummy; he asks for my impression of him. I was skeptical of him asking this, because it's typical scum behavior. He wants to know if he's playing a good town game.

I expressed doubt; after that, he's been all over me because I'm apparently the first person to actually suspect him in this game I think. In response, he immediately started to suspect me in a quasi-OMGUS way. He immediately identified that I would be critical of him, and so he went on the offensive. All his actions make sense in that light. He knew I wasn't buying his BS, so he had to come get me. Nobody else was giving him the third degree.

Scumtell: Slandaar flip flops extensively

Slandaar was apparently sure that we should lynch Fennin in 457. Then changes his vote to me in 559 based on the "Delta doesn't post from 6pm to 9am, must be scum!" reasoning. Keep in mind that this is the case thus far. All that bullshit he recently spewed didn't exist yet.

So what Slandaar wants you to believe is that Fennin was definitely definitely scum, but then oh delta doesn't post from 6pm to 9am so that overrides the case on Fennin. LOL.

Sounds more like opportunistic scum. Nobody was really biting on the Fennin case, so you might as well try out something on Delta, right?

Scumtell: Slandaar has not been actively scumhunting

Look at Slandaar's ISO. Up until he started to suspect me, he took noncomittal "oh maybe so-and-so is scum" type posts. On the other hand, I've been actively questioning other people and using those questions to establish relationships. My scumhunting is effective; he's been doing nothing.

Scumtell: Slandaar falsely claims that I didn't comment on the discussion that happened overnight

In #622, Slandaar claimed that I only responded to his post and didn't talk about the discussion overnight. Guess what - his post was about the discussion overnight.

Scumtell: Slandaar repeatedly misrepresented my case in order to strengthen his own.

From my other post, posted here for convenience.

In post 622, Slandaar wrote:Delta doesnt understand the case this is the problem people are picking at arguments that are not the case here it is simple;

Delta lurked

He tries to say he couldnt post in the said timeframe and was a coincidence
, i show that he had posted previously in that timeframe so coincidence seems unlikely.

Lie.

In Post #562, I explicitly said: "I never said that I'm somehow locked out of posting during those hours, just that I
rarely do
so because I have a night class and I'm tired."

Doesn't that sound a little bit different than "couldn't post"?

Now, Slandaar read Post 562. He responded to it. He was aware that my position wasn't that I couldn't post during those hours, but rather that I usually don't because I'm tried. Nevertheless, he tries to misrep it again. Would a townie need to do this?

That's the question I want all of you to ask. Would a townie ignore what a person has explicitly said in favor of some made-up version of events?

All this 12 hours stuff is him trying to defend himself from the lurking but literally it doesnt matter, fact is simple; he still has not commented on anything other than the post i called him out on, which implies he HAD read everything hence lurking when i posted. Otherwise he would have made some mention of it afterwards when he caught up.

I even say its either coincidence or lurking, but he tries to completely deny he could post before that point, why? it makes no sense, what has that got to do with anything? how am i supposed to know if he can or cant post then? i showed he does post in a period hes saying he doesnt, the evidence points to lurking.

Again, Slandaar claims that I "tried to completely deny he could post before that point." Does the quote from 562 sound anything like that?

When I come around and say, "I'm tired at that time so I usually don't post", could any reasonable person interpret that as a complete denial that I could post at that time?

Scumtell: Slandaar shifts his own case when it benefits him.

He stated:

In post 589, Slandaar wrote:within 12 hours implies before 12 hours.

so yeah, nice defence.

Later on, he contradicted himself.

In post 630, Slandaar wrote:

In post 631, Slandaar wrote:the case has nothing to do with you not posting during a certain period.

When it became clear that people didn't accept this whole "lurker" argument, he decided to renounce it and claim that he was never holding me to posting within a particular time. So why the "within 12 hours implies before 12 hours" post? He tried to use it, didn't work, now he wants to claim it never happened.
Scummy.

Scumtell: Attempting to manipulate the town.

In Post #581, Slandaar apparently tries to form some alliance with IS on the condition that IS votes for me. This is scummy as hell because town should decide who is scummy based on facts, not based on vote-trading. In that same post, Slandaar also declares that we won't be lynching IS, DJ or Painted today despite these people being generally among the most suspected. Yeah, that's totally pro-town. Everyone throw out your suspicious and vote with me!

Finally, some points in defense.

Defense: This lurking allegation is false because my actions were completely in line with what I promised.

In my last post the night before, I said I'd be back in "12 hours or so." It turned out to be 14 hours, and I responded to Slandaar's post because he mentioned me by name. He spun this around to try to make it out to be scummy, but I was acting exactly as I had promised. Like I said earlier, Slandaar's case is almost like taking someone who says "I'll be V/LA until tomorrow at 8" and when that person posts again, play this "THEY'RE LURKING" card.

Defense: My position on meta is consistent.

As I mentioned in my last post, I was being correct when I said I didn't know Slandaar's meta because I've never seen him play scum. Only town. I do not like meta-based arguments, but my argument is not based in meta. I made a few statements about meta as a side note. Yet another misrep by Slandaar.

Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:26 am

Post by Internet Stranger »

You are absolutely terrible. Its like listening to an old married couple bickering over some bullshit.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:16 am

Post by DeasVail »

Thanks to both of you for providing your cases, but they haven't changed my reads much.

How are we going to decide who to lynch?
Guttersnipe
Guttersnipe
Goon
Guttersnipe
Goon
Goon

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:36 am

Post by Guttersnipe »

Well we could lynch painted.
unvote, vote: PFoD
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:25 am

Post by don_johnson »

nah.

unvote, vote: deltawave

slan's last bit is exactly what i had been thinking. he had me worried with the "lurking" part, but when you scan through DW's iso you can see it plain as day. he's just casting suspicion around and not backing any of it up. he's a good compromise. please note how IS dismisses the
entire
exchange, kind of like how he dismissed the entire first ten pages. but whatevz. Delta is probscum here. seriously, iso him.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:37 am

Post by DeasVail »

Unofficial Vote Count:

don_johnson (1): Painted Face of Death,
Skenvoy (1): Fennin
DeasVail (1): Internet Stranger
Painted Face of Death (2): DeasVail, Guttersnipe
DeltaWave (2): Slandaar, don_johnson
Fennin (2): [J], Skenvoy
Slaandar (2): DeltaWave, Noramp

Not voting: Outskirts Oasis, Metabot

I think it's right, but no guarantees.
Internet Stranger
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Internet Stranger
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 12:05 pm

Post by Internet Stranger »

Deas has been trying to change his playstyle ever since I accused him.

DJ's little vendetta against me is like borderline personal by now; did I bang your sister or something?

When I see two people going back and forth passing the same exact argument to each other like some boring ass game of ping pong, I usually dismiss it as town vs town. They been at it for several pages repeating the same bullshit. If it was a whole list of solid cases, that would be one thing, but they are like lawyers arguing over the dictionary definition of lurking.

Painted? Eh, I guess I could take a second look. Delta/Slandaar has been really distracting and totally killed off participation from everyone else.
Show
Elvis_Knits: "IS you are a sexist schmuck, for real"

Guttersnipe: "INTERNET STRANGER: You will never get away with the crap you pulled in this game again in any game I am in, ever"

Jora: "I don't care what you say. I don't care about scumhunting. Just die, alright!"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”