Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Mini 1310: I Got My Eye On You Mafia (Game Over!)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:58 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The sun shone brightly upon the Police Headquarters. And man, were they thankful for it.

Today was the 50th anniversary of the place, having been the headquarters for the town's police corps. for almost as long (they "officially" moved in on opening day, but they couldn't enter immediately due some unforeseen problems. The actual entry to the place happened 3 years later). And they were determined to celebrate

Everyone in the town got invitations. Everyone was invited. And who wouldn't come? The headquarters was the center of the town; it was their pride and joy, along with their policemen, and they all were happy to celebrate a momentous accomplishment together.

However, not everyone was so cordially invited...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

50th Anniversary party

The partying went on through most of the day and night, with all the families and everyone enjoying the day to their heart's content. They held contests of all kinds (and some people swore they saw people chug more beer than anyone thought they'd see in their lives), they danced, they sang, they dined on the lavish buffet prepared by the greatest chefs in the city, they ate the most delicious cake from the city's best cakemakers and decorators, and they just thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of it.

When the chief of police finally came to the podium near the stage area to talk, it took him quite a while to calm the crowd long enough to actually say anything. He afforded himself small chuckles as he waited for the waves of sound to finally subside.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" He begins. "It is a momentous day, for me, for my men, and for this town. For those of us who grew up fifty years ago, and those of us who are growing up now." He waves his hand in a circle, gesturing around the building. "Tonight, we celebrate the 50th year of this wondrous building, one that has housed one of the finest police corps I've ever seen!"

The last line was met with uproarous cheers, mostly from the chief's own men, who all saluted him as he gave them a nod.

"This building is the pinnacle of our town, our testament to who we are and what we are. A bulding that will stand for years to come!" Another roar of cheers and applause.

"I cannot overstate how proud I am to stand up here tonight to acknowledge this feat," he shakes his head, wiping a tear out of his eye and giving a small chuckle. "Nor did I imagine I would be the one standing here today. Remember that incident in the North Side, Stan? Nearly bit off more than I could chew!" This earned some laughter, with the aforementioned Stan raising a glass-holding hand and shouting, "I remember that!"

"It has been a pleasure to spend this night with you all," he begins to finish. "And it's been a pleasure to be here. God bless you all!"

As he steps down from the podium, another thundering round of applause rises in his place, one that certainly would've woken up everyone in the town if they hadn't been awake and crowded around the building.

And so they partyed through the night, young to old, the chief himself to the stay-at-hom mom. Many would assure you that they had a grand old time.

The night after - Police Headquarters

After the building finally got cleaned up from the partying from the other day and everyone went home, the chief called in some of his trusted friends from out of town to enjoy a private party with just him and the boys, which they glady accepted.

They all arrived at various times in the night, from various parts of the city. Each was meet at the front doors with open arms and ready smiles, eager to begin their own personal anniversary party.

But, little did they know that among his friends there was darkness, betrayers of his trust and friendship.

And in the days to come, the bonds of trust between them all was about to be tested.

Spoiler: On Duty
1. ActionDan
2. DeltaWave
3. IceGuy
4. iStark
5. Kondi2424
6. Lopsy
7. Luckyjt
8. Malthusis
9. Rylai Crestfall
10. vijay2vasandani
Mist Beauty
BBmolla
Otto von Clark
Korlash
13. Glass

Spoiler: Casualties
None yet!

Spoiler: Rules (Stolen from Rhinox with modifications who stole from Faraday with some modifications who stole them from Hoopla with some modifications):
> Fundamental

1) The site-wide rules apply, please read them and don't do anything stupid.
2) Unless it is explicitly stated in your role PM that you can do so, do not talk about this game outside of the game thread.
3) Do not quote any communication you have with me, the moderator of the game. Depending on the circumstance, you may be able to paraphrase things I have sent you (such as a role PM). Use common sense and if you are unsure feel free to ask me via PM.
4) Be courteous to your fellow player. This is just a game - please don't bring personal grudges into the game. Try and keep it civil. If you cross 'the line' I'll step in. Said line will be judged by me.

> Voting, Lynching & Death

5) For your vote to be counted, it must be bold, and in the form
Vote: Voidedmafia
. Caps and colons are optional, but it does need to be bolded. The vote tags are also appropriate for voting.
5a) Broken bold tags won't count. Mispellings or shortened names are ok as long as it is clear who you are voting. If I can't tell who you're voting, it won't count.
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.
6) Unvotes aren't necessary before placing a new vote. However, unvotes are necessary if you want to completely remove your vote. Please bold your unvotes or use the unvote tags. It is not necessary to name the player you are unvoting.
7) A lynch will occur when a player achieves 50% +1 of the votes - a majority (for example, if there's 5 people left, there needs to be 3 votes to lynch someone; if there's 4 left, there still needs to be 3). When this has happened, any subsequent votes and unvotes will not be counted, and the game will enter twilight. Night will begin as soon as I have declared the lynch.
8) You may vote for a no lynch if desired. If at least 50% of the players in the game vote for a no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch (if there are 5 people left in the game, 3 need to vote for a no-lynch; if 4 are left, 2 need to).
9) Once you're dead, you are dead. You are allowed one more post WITHOUT information in it. Something like saying "Darn, I was NKed!" is fine.

> Activity & Deadlines

10) Treat this game as a commitment, and try your best to stay active.
11) Prods will be issued after 72 hours in a row without posting. If I keep having to prod you (up to 3-4 times) I'll get angry and replace you. Players may request a prod on another player too if they haven't posted within 48 hours. I'm human and I may forget so if you want someone prodded just tell me.
11a) If you do not open a prod within 24 hours of it being sent I will begin looking for a replacement.
12) Things come up in life, if you need time off for something, please let myself and the players know in-thread for V/LA purposes. I will be flexible, but if you can't be here for a significant amount of time I will replace you.
13) Deadlines for each game day will be 2 weeks, except day 1 which will have a 3 week deadline.

14) In the event of a deadline ending without a player gaining a majority of votes, there will no lynch. No pluralities for lynching.
15) Nights will have a 72 hour deadline. If you fail to send in a night choice, I will automatically default to 'no choice' for that night, and you will do nothing. The night scene may not exactly be up after 72 hours, but give or take an hour or 10 and it will be.
16) Deadlines will only be extended if I need a number of replacements, or barring some other freak circumstances. Apart from that, laziness, or anything else, will not result in a deadline extension.
5c) VOTES MUST BE ON A COMPLETELY SEPARATE LINE FROM ANY OTHER TEXT! Any votes that are NOT on a separate line WILL NOT BE COUNTED EVER, and I will NOT be flexible on this. You either have it on it's own line, or suck it up.

> Other Information

17)
These are my colours and font I will use for modly purposes. All other colors except that used by my co-mod (if there is one) are fair game as long as they are easily read by your other players/myself, just don't post a rainbow.

18) I will try to post Vote Counts as often as possible. Hopefully once a page on the top of every page. If you feel a vote count is needed, don't hesitate to ask for one, and I'll provide one at the next opportunity.
19) It's more than possible I've missed a rule or haven't completely covered something. Don't be a prick and try to exploit it, or I will end your existence. Yes that means modkill.
20) I reserve the right to add more, or modify existing rules at any time. If this happens, I will let everyone know.
21) No cryptography., not even for injokes. Do it once, and you'll get an in-thread warning. Do it twice, and it's instant mod-killing.
22)
IF YOU HAVE SOMETHING I NEED TO SEE (V/LAs, VC or replacement requests), BOLD IT!

23) Have fun!
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
2011 scummies winner (BTS help) and participant;

coming back to Mafia...slowly. Keep an eye for me as a mod.
Also keep an eye for setup review requests.
Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The night after - Police Headquarters

After the building finally got cleaned up from the partying from the other day and everyone went home, the chief called in some of his trusted friends from out of town to enjoy a private party with just him and the boys, which they glady accepted.

They all arrived at various times in the night, from various parts of the city. Each was meet at the front doors with open arms and ready smiles, eager to begin their own personal anniversary party.

But, little did they know that among his friends there was darkness, betrayers of his trust and friendship.

And in the days to come, the bonds of trust between them all was about to be tested.

Near the end of the party, the police chief decided to excuse himself for a moment along with one of the friends he invited to have some private words and a sip of his best wine.

They quietly entered a private room for them to just sit and enjoy the wine and talk, reminiscing of all the things they had gone through over the years, their lives, that kind of thing.

"You know," his friend said after ahile. "It's been awhile since I've heard anything about things like Mafia. Have you?"

The chief chuckles. "Heh. There aren't very many groups that operate alongside the old italian imagery of the mafia nowadays, or at least they don't go by that name anymore. It's just gangs and thugs." He leans back. "But, I suppose I do partially miss those days. Used to have to step a lot more lively than you do nowadays."

His friend smiles wanly, taking a sip of his wine before leaning forward. "What if...What if they came here again? What would you do?"

"I would fight back," the chief chuckles slightly, though a hint of uncertainity is in his voice. "What's with you, friend? What's with this talk?"

The friend glances to the door before moving to sit next to the chief. "I've heard rumors. Here and around. There are moves being made."

The chief looks the man directly in his eyes. "There have been no such rumors here in this town. None have said as such to me nor my men."

"I believe they are keeping this close to their heart," the firend adjusts himself a little. "Some may even be the mafia themselves. But think! You and I know that things have slowed down, and we need...well, a little pick-me-up."

The chief was no longer smiling. In fact, his face was full of worry as he looked at his old friend. "...What are you saying?"

The friend sighs a little before standing up. He slowly walks around the table, draining the rest of his wine and setting it on the table before he pauses back at his own chair, his face and part of his body hidden by shadows and his own shilouette.

"Old friend..." the chief asks again.

"..." his friend turns back to face him, producing a silenced gun and pointing it at the chief. Though the latter makes no movement, the shock in his face is evident.

"...Why...?" he whispers, looking as if he aged a milennium with just that one question.

"It's the way things must go, my firend," the other says, genuine sadness in his body. "I only regret that it must begin with you."

There is a pop, unheard by the partyers outside, and then a moment of silence. The chief looks down, then back up at his friend as a rivulet of blood slowly comes out of his mouth. He tries to lift a hand, but finds it dead at his side as he slowly slumps down, looking aged, defeated, lost.

Dead.

The traitorous friend puts his gun back in the folds of his cloak and tips his hat to the old chief, flicking away a tear of sadness.

"I wish it wasn't you, old friend," he whispers before he leaves, closing the door behind him and locking it.

Coming back out the party, a few notice him come out and he smiles to them as they approach.

"Where's the chief? Some ask.

"He's just taking a moment to relieve himself, is all," he says. "I've already spoken to him, and I've enjoyed this party thoroughly. I hope you all will, too."

Some of them look a little confused by his words, but they all grin stupidly as the drink and the party wash over them again. Only three others don't grin as happily just yet. The old friend finds them all through eye contact, and they all give imperceptible nods of their heads.

"Enjoy it alll," he says as he makes his way through them and towards the exit of the center itself.

The party continued on unabated and without the chief's prescence. When he didn't return after a few minutes, they just assumed that the wine or whatever got to him finally and he just went to lay down, just like they did an hour later (if sloppily).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Police Headquarters - 3 hours before the place opens

Around 12 of the friends and police corp slowly awake with moans and groans, feeling the beginnings of hangovers coming over them. However, as they begin to regain their wits among pulsing headaches, they all begin to realize that since the chief's oldest friend had left, they had never seen the chief himself.

Suddenly worried, they searched the area around the party until they found a door that was locked. Getting a battering ram, they slam the door open after a couple thrusts to find the chief slumped over on his chair, slowly slipping down the chair as his body makes a slow descent to the floor.

And even through their muddied minds, they know a couple things were beyond doubt now: His oldest friend betrayed him.

There were traitorous seeds among them.

And they couldn't get back on track until it was dealt with.

Those who didn't have bad hangovers quickly went to close the headquarters, much to the dismay of some of the early comers to the place. They knew that this move would spread through the town like a wildfire, but they couldn't think of any other way to keep themselves and the town isolated from each other.

It'd just have to do until this was finally over.

Voidedmafia,
Aged police chief and Powerful Cop
, has been killed N0.

Votecount 1.0:

Not Voting: Mist Beauty, Glass, vijay2vasandani, DeltaWave, Luckyjt, Lopsy, Rylai Crestfall, ActionDan, Otto von Clark, kondi2424, IceGuy, Malthusis, iStark

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-04-05 15:06:38)
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:04 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Link to Tierce's cache of the thread.

Spoiler: On Duty
1. ActionDan
DeltaWave
RainbowDash
4. iStark
6. Lopsy
7. Luckyjt
Rylai Crestfall
CSL
Mist Beauty
BBmolla
Otto von Clark
Korlash
Glass
Om of the Nom

Spoiler: Casualties
Malthusis,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 1
vijay2vasandani,
Town Voyeur
, was killed Night 1
IceGuy,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2
Amrun,
Town Sane Cop
, was killed Night 2
RBAN28,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched day 3
Korlash,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed night 3
iStark,
Mafia Tracker
, was lynched day 4
Om of the Nom,
Town Sane Cop
, was killed Night 4
MagnaofIllusion,
Mafia Rolecop
, was lynched Day 5

Spoiler: Alive to tell the tale
Luckyjt, ActionDan, and Feirei,
Vanilla Townies

Rainbowdash--
Mistrusted Vanilla Townie (AKA Miller)

Notable Events:

Opening flavor | N0 flavor, day start, and VC 1.00 | VC 1.1 | Mist Beauty and Otto von Clark are replaced | Kondi, ActionDan, Lopsy, and luckyjt are prodded | BBmolla replaces Mist Beauty, and ActionDan is replaced | iStark is replaced | ActionDan stays in, DeltaWave and Malthusis are prodded, and VC 1.2 | iStark stays in | IceGuy and Kondi are prodded | Korlash replaces Otto von Clark | Luckyjt and Rylai Crestfall are prodded | BBmolla is prodded | DeltaWave is prodded | VC 1.3 | VC 1.4, and Malthusis is replaced | Malthusis stays in while Kondi is replaced | CSL replaces Rylai Crestfall | VC 1.5 | VC 1.6 | Om of the Nom replaces Glass | VC 1.7 | VC 1.8 | Can't seem to update the OP for some reason; moved playerlist to 3rd post | VC 1.9 | RainbowDash replaces DeltaWave | VC 2.0 | VC 2.1 and CSL is replaced | VC 2.2 | VC 2.3 and some mid-day flavor | VC 2.4 | VC 2.5

Vanilla Townie Role PM wrote:

Hello!

This small afterparty among the police force has become overrun by the mafia. However, they haven't overrun your spirit.

Every day you have one of the most powerful abilities: Your ability to vote. Even if you may only have one vote to use each day, your vote--and your opinion--will help swing the town to outing the imposters.

You know that there are dependable people at the party with special abilities to keep you informed so that you can place your vote on the right people.

You win when all mafia are dead.

If you have read and understood your role, please confirm in-thread here.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

...Oh, fuck, you're right. Damn pages don't work. /Fail

SORRY GUYS! I'll contact Tierce and see if he can fix them.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #25 (isolation #4) » Sat Mar 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.1:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, kondi2424, iStark
Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Rylai Crestfall - Glass, Malthusis
vijay2vasandani - Rylai Crestfall
kondi2424 - Luckyjt

Not Voting: Mist Beauty, Lopsy, Otto von Clark

IStark is V/LA until March 20th
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #29 (isolation #5) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:02 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

MB nor Otto von Clark have replied to me at all, thus they shall be replaced soon.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #30 (isolation #6) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:45 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

IceGuy, Kondi, ActionDan, Rylai, and Lucky (and myself) have been prodded.

Still waiting on the two replacements -_-

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #41 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 38, Lopsy wrote:
In other words... I'm glad that this game of mafia wasn't voided.

/sunglasses

Hurrr.

In other news, BBmolla replaces Mist Beauty effective immediately. Still searching for a replacement for Otto von Clark.

EDIT: Also, ActionDan is being replaced due to not picking up his prod or responding in any way. Rylai and iStark are close to being replaced, as well, and I haven't heard from either of them yet.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #44 (isolation #8) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 12:23 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

And iStark goes bye-bye. I'll put up a request when I wake up.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #48 (isolation #9) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 9:15 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Before anyone says anything, ActionDan isn't yet back in the game. I need to check on a couple things first before I do anything officially.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #52 (isolation #10) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:11 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Question answered. ActionDan can stay. Still need one for Otto and iStark now, though.

EDIT: also, DeltaWave and Malthusis have been prodded.

EDIT2:

Votecount 1.2:

Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Rylai Crestfall - Malthusis
vijay2vasandani - Rylai Crestfall
kondi2424 - Luckyjt
ActionDan - Glass

Not Voting: BBmolla, Lopsy, Otto von Clark

Lopsy is V/LA until Thursday
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:52 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

And iStark replied before being replaced, so he's back.

Still looking for an Otto replacement.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

IceGuy and kondi have been prodded

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

And Korlash replaces Otto von Clark immediately, FINALLY giving us the full playerlist. *victory fanfare from one of the FF's*

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (isolation #14) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Luckyjt and Rylai Crestfall have been prodded.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #91 (isolation #15) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:08 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

BBmolla has been prodded

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #98 (isolation #16) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:36 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

DeltaWave has been prodded.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #103 (isolation #17) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.3:

Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Rylai Crestfall - Malthusis
vijay2vasandani - Rylai Crestfall, Korlash, BBmolla
kondi2424 - Luckyjt
ActionDan - Glass

Not Voting: , Lopsy

Also, Rylai Crestfall is being replaced.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #129 (isolation #18) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:37 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.4:

Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
CSL - Malthusis
vijay2vasandani - CSL, Korlash, BBmolla
kondi2424 - Luckyjt
ActionDan - Glass

Not Voting:Lopsy, DeltaWave

Still searching for Rylai and Glass replacements, and now Malthusis as well.

Also, Kor, that explains the voteless comments...*derp*
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #139 (isolation #19) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 131, malthusis wrote:I'm here, just had a lot of RL stuff to do.

Will catch up and post something by the end of today.

And Malth stays in while Kondi's out.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #146 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:03 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

CSL replaces Rylai Crestfall effective immediately. The most recent VC will be edited to mirror this so I don't forget to do it for the next one.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #149 (isolation #21) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #150 (isolation #22) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.5:

Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
CSL - Malthusis
vijay2vasandani - Korlash, BBmolla
kondi2424 - Luckyjt
ActionDan - Glass
Korlash - Lopsy

Not Voting: DeltaWave, CSL

Still searching for kondi and Glass replacements.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #179 (isolation #23) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:07 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.6:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, kondi2424, iStark, Malthusis
Glass - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
kondi2424 - Luckyjt
ActionDan - Glass
Korlash - Lopsy
kondi2424 - CSL

Not Voting: DeltaWave

Still searching for kondi and Glass replacements.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #181 (isolation #24) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:09 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Om of the Nom replaces Glass effective immediately.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #200 (isolation #25) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:05 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.7:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, Amrun, iStark, Malthusis, CSL (L-2)
Om of the Nom - ActionDan
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy

Not Voting: DeltaWave, Om of the Nom

Amrun replaces kondi effective immediately.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (isolation #26) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.8:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, iStark, Malthusis
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
Luckyjt - Om of the Nom, CSL, Amrun

DeltaWave has been prodded.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (isolation #27) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:30 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Is anyone else having trouble posting? I can't seem to edit the OP at all.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (isolation #28) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 6:01 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

For some strange reason I can't edit the OP at all, so the 3rd post has been updated with Tierce's cache and the list of current players. When I get around to it it'll also have a list of VCs and prods and such, but eh...

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (isolation #29) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 7:45 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 1.9:

DeltaWave - IceGuy, iStark, Malthusis
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy

Searching for a DeltaWave replacement.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #268 (isolation #30) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:38 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

RainbowDash replaces DeltaWave effective immediately.

Also, IceGuy and Lopsy have been prodded.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (isolation #31) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.0:

RainbowDash - IceGuy, Malthusis
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - RainbowDash

Not Voting: iStark

Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (isolation #32) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.1:

RainbowDash - IceGuy, Malthusis
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani - Korlash
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
Luckyjt - Om of the Nom, Amrun
CSL - RainbowDash, BBmolla

Not Voting: iStark, CSL

Eh, a week's fine, Lopsy, if stretching it a little. Thus, Lopsy will be V/LA until April 9th.

Also, searching for a replacement for CSL.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #324 (isolation #33) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (isolation #34) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.2:

RainbowDash - IceGuy
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
vijay2vasandani - Korlash
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - BBmolla Amrun, iStark, Om of the Nom, Malthusis (L-2)
Malthusis - RainbowDash

Not Voting: CSL

Lopsy will be V/LA until April 9th.

Also, searching for a replacement for CSL.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #362 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:26 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

One of the officers went out to the front area to check on the already-growing crowd. The clamor outside increases noticably when they see the officer's face, but turns sour when his head pops back out of view.

"What's going on?" one of the townspeople grumbles.

"They didn't even let me in!" One of the secretaries cries.

"What's so secretive they have to keep us out?!"

Eventually, the clamor died down to it's original level, but the feeling of the crowd was noticably darker and more irritated than before.

Throughout most of the day, one of the officers would check on the crowd every once in a while, trying to do so discreetly so that the people didn't start clamoring. As they suspected, the crowd was growing as the day wore on as children, parents, workers of the next shift, and people from other businesses were gathering around. No news vans were spotted just yet, but the officers knew that was just a matter of time.

Votecount 2.3:

Om of the Nom - RainbowDash, Korlash
IceGuy - vijay2vasandani
Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - BBmolla Amrun, iStark, Om of the Nom, Malthusis, IceGuy (L-1)

Not Voting: CSL

Searching for a replacement for CSL.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #431 (isolation #36) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.4:

Amrun - Luckyjt, Korlash, Om of the Nom, vijay2vasandani
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - BBmolla, iStark, Malthusis, IceGuy
vijay2vasandani - ActionDan
Malthusis - RainbowDash, Amrun, CSL

Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #449 (isolation #37) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (isolation #38) » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:26 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.5:

Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - BBmolla, iStark, Malthusis, IceGuy
Malthusis - RainbowDash, Amrun, CSL, Om of the Nom, Korlash, vijay2vasandani (L-1)

Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #453 (isolation #39) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:39 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.6 (FINAL):

Amrun - Luckyjt
Korlash - Lopsy
CSL - BBmolla, iStark, Malthusis
Malthusis - RainbowDash, Amrun, CSL, Om of the Nom, Korlash, vijay2vasandani, IceGuy (LYNCH!)

A lynch has been achieved!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (isolation #40) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:42 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The afternoon went by without much incidence, and the officiers who checked the outside noticed that the crowd was thinning more as the day wore on. Whether it was from night approaching or from losing interest, they couldn't tell without asking, and that was something they couldn't do.

With not much else to do besides nursing the remnants of their hangovers, they argued back and forth over who should be the one who killed the chief, or had a hand in helping him. The accusations were thrown from one officer to the next, seemingly without end, without pause.

Eventually, as the sun was sliding down the horizon into sunset, one of the officers cried, "Enough!" And roughly grabbed Malthusis to bring him to the fore. Malthusis himself was obviously indignant and being roughed around like a prisoner and said as much. To his shock, the rest began listing a myriad of reasons why he should be one of the accomplices to the murder, if not the murderer himself.

"You...you really believe that shit?! he cries incredulously. "I thought we were supposed to trust in the truth, not have faith in lies!"

"Some of it is true, though," IceGuy replies, raising his gun to Malthusis's head as the rest stand back. "And we can't wait for the judges to convene, not when the murderer is still here in this building. so let's finish this."

Everyone else jumps when IceGuy pulls the trigger, not expecting him to shoot at all. Malthusis has a few seconds to look around before his vision blurs and he slumps to the floor, dead.
"What'd you do that for?!" One of the offiicers shouts as another searches Malthusis.

"Because I thought he was the perpetrator, and because we were getting nowhere," IceGuy says simply.

"You thought wrong," the searching officer says suddenly, pulling out Malthusis's badge. Inside was the sign for their own police force, emblemed and wrought just like the others. It certainly didn't look fake, to IceGuy's surprise.

"Nice," the officer sarcastically says

All of them realize then that the sun had already set and night was coming. Eager to put this day behind them, most of the officers went back to bed, except IceGuy, who stared at Malthusis for a long moment.

"You were just going to get shot, anyways," he grunts before finding a place to sleep in the room that was comfy and also out of the eyes of the public.

And so, the first one falls; exactly as planned, as the three interlopers thought.

Malthusis,
Vanilla Townie
, was otherwise killed Day 1!

Night 1 begins. Night actions must be sent in (expired on 2012-04-07 07:42:03). I will be a little lenient as this is far past when I'd usually go to bed, but I definitely will not accept any actions 2 hours past this deadline.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (isolation #41) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:48 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

The morning dawned grayer than yesterday, as if nature knew of the dire situation in the building.

the 11 other people in the building eventually awoke, groaning as they slide out of their beds or wherever they slept to see what this day would bring. As two of them hauled off Malthusis's body (which oddly didn't smell by this time), another began searching for vijay, who wasn't with them upon waking.

Aware of his habit of watching others from the shadows, they made sure to search high and low around the building, but there was still nothing. With exaggerated sighs, they head back to his own room to discover that, despite their cleverness, their enemy was even craftier.

After all, they put vijay in the one spot that no one would think about until the last second to find someone like him: his own room.

Vijay2vasandani,
Town voyeur
, was killed N1. Day 2 begins

Votecount 2.0:

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, iStark, Malthusis, ActionDan, RainbowDash, Amrun, CSL, Om of the Nom, Korlash, IceGuy, luckyjt

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-04-28 17:48:11), or on April 28th, 2012
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (isolation #42) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:19 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.1:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom
Amrun - Korlash

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, iStark, ActionDan, RainbowDash, CSL, IceGuy, luckyjt

Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #499 (isolation #43) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:06 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 489, IceGuy wrote:
@Mod: please update OP with current player list and replacements. I've lost track of who replaced whom.

I guess you haven't been looking lately. Read the 3rd post.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #547 (isolation #44) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 9:49 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Lopsy has been prodded

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (isolation #45) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.2:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom
Amrun - Korlash, IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - RainbowDash

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, iStark, CSL, luckyjt

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #556 (isolation #46) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:10 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

So, couple things:

1.) CSL has apparantly decided to move to a new alt called Feirei and has asked that this be her main for her ongoing games. I'm not quite sure how I want to deal with this yet, so that is something that will need to be addressed.

2.) Lopsy is being replaced, as it's been awhile since she ended her V/LA and didn't respond to my prod.

3.) Everyone congratulate LlamaFluff (RainbowDash's main) for becoming the Large Theme List Mod! (now they just need to make singer Newbie Listmod already. <_<)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #600 (isolation #47) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:57 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.3:

IceGuy - Om of the Nom
Amrun - IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - RainbowDash, Amrun
luckyjt - Korlash, luckyjt, Om of the Nom

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, iStark, Feirei

Also, while I feel the reason is contrived as hell, Feirei "replaces" CSL (and I say that in quotes because they're the same person).
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (isolation #48) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.4:

Amrun - IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - RainbowDash, Amrun, iStark
luckyjt - Korlash, luckyjt, Om of the Nom

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, Feirei

ActionDan is V/LA for about 4 days
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #712 (isolation #49) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:32 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 636, Korlash wrote:
Amrun wrote:YES, he did, Korlash.

Whoa, settle down kitty. If the mod doesn't want to play by his own rules regarding voting then fine, I'll take my foot out of my mouth.

I am playing by my own rules. Unless there's some hidden distinction between "Lynch: X" and "Vote: X" that I'm not aware was in my own game, there's no problem.

Though, I WOULD prefer if people used "Vote: X", all things considered.

Also, yes, that is a mod error. Should be Not Mafia. Was thinking of my newbie games where it's Not guilty instead.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #716 (isolation #50) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 7:45 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Wait up, people, wait up. I'm doing too many things at once. Just hold on.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #720 (isolation #51) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:18 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

First things first, VC. I might've missed something in the last couple pages, so double-check me.

Votecount 2.5:

IceGuy - Amrun
Amrun - IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - iStark, Korlash
luckyjt - luckyjt

Not voting- Lopsy, BBmolla, Feirei, RainbowDash, Om of the Nom

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #723 (isolation #52) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:42 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

And, nitty-gritty.

1.) As stated, Korlash, Lynch X and Vote X mean the same thing. UNTIL I have a game where Lynch X means something ENTIRELY different from Vote X, they will continue to mean the same thing. Also, iStark did that in his first game (newbie 1194, sadly lost in the crash), so I've had this problem before.

2.) Please stop WIFOMing the flavor. We did anticipate that it would happen, but flavor DOES NOT and SHOULD NOT affect gameplay at any level beyond enhancing your experience in the game. I write the flavor because I enjoy writing it and I want you to feel more immersed in the game, not because I want to laugh evilly as you people kill each other over semantics in this (though, should I ever run a game where this may or may not apply, don't take that as being set in stone).

3.) The RB problem should be in your Role PM. That is all I will say about that as it should be self-evident.

4.) In hindsight, that shouldn't have been something to say in-thread, but I will confirm the "Not X" debacle was from a mod error.

If there are any further questions, please tell me via PM. But, in some better news:

RBAN28 replaces BBmolla. Yes, it is an alt (I would expect people to tell that by looking at the join date), but out of respect and trust I will not disclose the actual owner unless either of us slip or the owner decides to out him or herself.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #730 (isolation #53) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.6:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom, iStark
Amrun - IceGuy
BBmolla - ActionDan
Om of the Nom - Korlash
luckyjt - luckyjt

Not voting- Lopsy, RBAN28, Feirei, RainbowDash

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #781 (isolation #54) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:11 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 2.7:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom, iStark , RainbowDash, RBAN28 (L-1)
RBAN28 - ActionDan, Korlash
luckyjt - luckyjt

Not voting- Lopsy, Feirei, IceGuy

ActionDan is V/LA until April 17-18th.

Also, I prodded Feirei. Probably will prod CSL (the main) to see if the guy's still here.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #789 (isolation #55) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:23 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount FINAL:

IceGuy - Amrun, Om of the Nom, iStark , RainbowDash, RBAN28 , Feirei (LYNCH!)
RBAN28 - ActionDan, Korlash
luckyjt - luckyjt

Not voting- Lopsy, IceGuy

ActionDan is V/LA until April 17-18th.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #790 (isolation #56) » Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

They went through the day with both Vijay's and Malthusis's deaths fresh on their minds, unsure of who killed the former (maybe a midnight stalking gone wrong?) or why they killed the latter.

Their day was about to get a little better, though, as Amrun and Om of the Nom both soon claimed to be cops with a good innocent on Korlash. The investigatee, while batting his eyelashes gratefully for such a good omen, still questioned the choice of both of them targeting him.

"That's just how it happened," Om of the NOm said somewhat defensively. "Can't exactly control that."

"Well, I was the one who suggested that," IceGuy says, adopting a somewhat superior tone. While it WAS true, that didn't mean it irked everyone else.

"So says the one who shot a good guy yesterday," Amrun hurls back.

"He was doing a piss-poor job, anyways," IceGuy retorts, though Korlash quickly steps in to keep them from coming to blows.

"Jeez..." IceGuy mutters, going away for a bit.

That "bit" stretched for a couple hours, which began to make the others worried--and suspicious. When he eventually returned, 10 pairs of hard eyes greeted him and made him halt on the steps.

"Whoa..." he holds up his hands. "What's with the faces?"

"What were you doing?" Rainbowdash counters. "Took your sweet time coming back."

"I was in the bathroom, alright?" IceGuy bristles. "That, and I wanted to think on some things."

"Like...?" RD presses.

"Like your claim of being mistrusted," he spits out. "It doesn't make sense."

"nonsense, it makes perfect sense."

"You completely mangled how you said it!"

"No I didn't, you're just trying to make it look that way! I told you exactly what I knew!"

"And I'm pretty damn sure what you said was wrong or just completely fabricated!"

"And you know that for sure, huh?!" Rainbowdash gets almost right into his face as she hisses that line. "You're just angry because you can't get your way."

"Besides," Korlash interjects. "What do you have that makes you right?"

"Oh, something," IceGuy says evasively. But, whatever that was meant to do, it didn't do squat. Suddenly he's grabbed by his arms and held tight as Korlash, Rainbowdash, and Om of the Nom stare him down.

"Might as well say it, as our tempers are getting really short right now," Om says warningly.

"Wait a sec!" IceGuy says quickly. "You're taking what I said wrong!"

"How were we wrong?" Rainbowdash scoffs. "You're trying to counter what I said, but aren't saying why. Now spill it."

"I'm not really lying, you're just--!" whatever he was going to say was stolen as Korlash punches him hard in the gut, knocking the wind right out of him as his captors release him and he falls to the ground. Now fearing for his life, he backs up until he hits a pillar as the rest of the officers glare down at him.

And in those moments, he realizes he just screwed himself.

And when they checked his badge for those tell-tale initials, those two letters signified to the rest that they screwed themselves over.

IceGuy,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.

Night 2 begins. All actions must be in in [coundown]3 days[/countdown], or by 1:30AM on April 19th, 2012
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #791 (isolation #57) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Lopsy has been replaced, though by request I have been asked not to disclose who until morning. However, I will extend night for another 12 hours. Thus, the new night deadline is at 1:30 PM on April 19th, 2012.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #792 (isolation #58) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:50 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Amrun tossed in her bed, dogged by exultant dreams of nabbing one of the hidden assailants intertwined with horrid nightmares of torture and pain. She squeezes her eyes shut, trying to block out everything but that peaceful rest, but it never comes, and in frustration she gets up and decides to take a small walk.

Putting on a light jacket to keep her warm from any breeze (and some socks to keep her feet warm), Amrun takes a slow solo tour of the building, glancing around and unconsciously shivering at how pale and foreboding the place looked now.

What has happened to this place
she wonders desconsolately.
What's happened to us?
she looks down at her hands, still bruised some from a few of the punches delivered to IceGuy earlier. She shakes her head, not exactly because she felt foolish, but because everything just felt out of place here.

A noise makes her pause, reach for a gun that she realizes almost immediately she doesn't have. "Who's there?" she calls out, searching for any sort of shilouette with the outside lights being her only dim guide. She edges slowly towards the hallway from where she came, hoping that if she could reach it, she could be safe. eyeing it up, calculating a route, she makes a dash for it, her feet dully thumping against the hard floor.

She makes it halfway to her room (partly sliding, too) when she's clothslined hard, nearly making her flip over with the power behind the attack and how fast she was going. As it was, her head hurt like hell from hitting the cold, hard floor that hard, and she could do little but hold her throbbing head as the world spun.

As she looked up, a body looked down on her, and a face slowly came to recognition. Her eyes widened in sudden recognition, but before she could get a word out his hand flashes to her mouth, muffling any cries, as the other grabs her throat and slowly chokes her.

As her life begins to fade and her vision darkens, she can't help but think of how much of a fool she was.

And then the blow to her head put her out of her misery.

Amrun,
Town Sane Cop
, killed Night 2. It is now Day 3.

Also, as the day arrives, MagnaofIllusion replaces Lopsy.
[/b]

Votecount 3.0:

Not voting- MagnaofIllusion, Om of the Nom, iStark , RainbowDash, RBAN28 , Feirei, ActionDan, Korlash, luckyjt

With 9 alive it takes 5 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-10 14:54:41), or by 2:00 PM Central on May 10th, 2012
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #815 (isolation #59) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:11 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.1:

RBAN28 - Korlash
iStark - Rainbowdash

Not voting- MagnaofIllusion, Om of the Nom, iStark, RBAN28 , Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-10 14:54:41), or by 2:00 PM Central on May 10th, 2012

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #834 (isolation #60) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 5:52 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.2:

RBAN28 - Korlash, iStark

Not voting- MagnaofIllusion, Om of the Nom, Rainbowdash, RBAN28 , Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

MoI is LA for the weekend, and it seems he will be each weekend for the duration of his time here. (in other words, MoI is LA each weekend)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #853 (isolation #61) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:31 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 3.3:

RBAN28 - Korlash, iStark, MagnaofIllusion, Rainbowdash (L-1)
iStark - ActionDan

Not voting- Om of the Nom, RBAN28 , Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

MoI is LA each weekend

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #863 (isolation #62) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:29 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount FINAL:

RBAN28 - Korlash, iStark, MagnaofIllusion, Rainbowdash, RBAN28 (LYNCH!)
iStark - ActionDan

Not voting- Om of the Nom, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

MoI is LA each weekend

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #864 (isolation #63) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

RBAN watched the others mull about, lounging as he was in one of the chairs as he kept an eye on the weather outside. They were already in heated debate about Amrun and Om of the Nom, as apparantly they didn't believe the former until now. He chuckled to himself. The poor fools.

They had come to him to question him a couple times, though he had waved them off before either side got really into things. That just wasn't what he wanted to do, but he had felt their leering eyes on him more than he felt was necessary, and he felt that somehow, things weren't going to go his way.

"RBAN," Korlash calls to him, somewhat surprised when he did actually come. "You look alone, sitting there by yourself. Besides, a couple people still have questions for you."

"Well, I don't really feel like answering," he shrugs. "Besides, if you're going to do to me what you did to IceGuy, that's just going to result in another dead body."

"True, true," Korlash strokes his chin, which strikes RBAN as something that really suits him. "But you could still answer the questions." It was a demand, not a request. Something that wasn't at all lost on RBAN.

He make a quick sweep of the people there, all looking at him no matter where they were. He wanted to convey more than a quick look to his friends, but didn't want them to be outed like that. A hand slowly traces it's way up his thigh toward his gun, which Korlash notes by dropping his eyes to track that hand.

"What do you think you're doing...?" he asks questioningly, warningly. A hand reaches out as if to stop him. But RBAN decides that enough is enough.

As quick as in practice his gun is out, making Korlash back up in alarm and everyone else reach for theirs (or a good projectile, if they didn't have one). They didn't need to worry, as RBAN wasn't thinking of shooting them.

He meant to shoot himself. After all, he preferred doing that kind of work himself.

Korlash stares at the lifeless body, now hesitant to check for that sign. But check he must. With a slow, tentative hand, he plucks the badge out a flips it over.

Nothing.

Slightly confused, he looks all over the back, then the front. Then he goes to have everyone else look as well.

Not a single mark was found on it. Almost free of such blemishes.

"...Well, I guess we got one," iStark says.

"I guess so..." Korlash echoes, glancing out the window as the sun sets.

RBAN28,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 3

night 3 starts now. All actions must be in in (expired on 2012-04-25 23:33:28), or by 10:30 PM on April 25th, 2012.

Also, apologies for any flavor deficiencies. I just haven't been hit with inspiration for them at all, which sucks because that was one thing I really wanted to do this game *sadmod.jpg*.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (isolation #64) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:06 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Korlash tosses and turns in his bed, seemingly snoring so loud that it's hard to imagine that anyone else in the area could even sleep. However, his turning has a dark reason behind it.

In his dream, he's in an endless pile of police badges. Obviously he knows he has to search for that one badge without blemishes, but there's just so many...

Shaking his head, he begins the slow searching through them all. Searching and searching and searching...

Slowly, the realization dawns on him that he will most likely never find them.

At the same time, a new batch of badges rain down on his head, eventually drowning him in their sea.

With a jolt, he awakes, seemingly hearing clicks near his head. He slowly turns his head to stare into the barrelt of a gun.

"...Oh shi--" is all he says before the gun goes off. A white flash is all he sees, then nothing.

Korlash,
Vanilla Townie
, was killed night 3.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #866 (isolation #65) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:16 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 4.0:

Not voting - iStark, MagnaofIllusion, Rainbowdash, Om of the Nom, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch and to no-lynch

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-17 04:16:25), or by 3:10 AM on May 17th, 2012

MoI is LA on weekends.

Also, as a heads-up, we have a HUGE order we need to do in the packaging department, and it may even go into Sundey, which is unheard of in Scholastic (the own is a Christian, so we usually at least get Sunday off). So be aware that I won't be as attentive to VCs over the weekend as usual.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #885 (isolation #66) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:57 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 4.1:

iStark - Om of the Nom, MagnaofIllusion

Not voting - iStark, Rainbowdash, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-17 04:16:25), or by 3:10 AM on May 17th, 2012

MoI is LA on weekends.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (isolation #67) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:45 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 4.2:

iStark - Om of the Nom, MagnaofIllusion

Not voting - iStark, Rainbowdash, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

MoI is LA on weekends.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #945 (isolation #68) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:53 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount FINAL:

iStark - Om of the Nom, MagnaofIllusion, Rainbowdash, iStark (LYNCH!)

Not voting - Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

MoI is LA on weekends.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #946 (isolation #69) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Somehow he just knew his day was today. It might've been a gust of wind. An ominous chill. A sense of foreboding from a waking nightmare.

Or the sound of some loudmouthed fool frothing at the mouth at trying to say he's caught you.

iStark stared passively at Om of the Nom as he pranced all around the room, letting no emotion cloud his face at the other's euphoria.

"I CAUGHT YOU, I CAUGHT YOU!" he shouted, giggling madly as he grins wickedly at iStark. "I caught your scummy little ass."

"...Someone's high on coffee this morning," Rainbowdash coughs.

"Shush!" But that couldn't dampen his mood and he went right back to showering the whole room with his jubilation.

"I'm not surprised," Magna states with crossed arms.

"I kinda am..." Lucky says, scratching the back of his head.

"That's nice, but can we wait a little bit?" Rainbow asks. "Some of us aren't up yet."

"WHY WAIT?!" Om's shout makes all of the jerk. "Why not just kill him now?!" And with that he goes over to iStark and takes a swipe at him.

Something in iStark just seemed to snap. With a snarl, he ducks and then uppercuts Om hard enough to send him sprawling. The others move back, too shocked at this sudden transformation from iStark. Om just get to a sitting position, grinning as he rubs his chin.

"Finally outing yourself, eh?" he sneers, spitting out a bit of blood. Getting up, he adds, "I was wondering when you were just going to give up!"

"Shut up!" IStark shouts, moving in to punch Om of the Nom again. He gets a few hits in before his punches begin to slow as he seems to realize something, then he falls back onto the floow.

"...This is it?" he mutters. He fumbles at his side for his gun, and just makes it as quick as he can for himself.

iStark,
Mafia Tracker
, has been lynched Day 4!

It is now Night 4, all actions must be in (expired on 2012-05-01 14:54:40) or by 2:00 PM on April 30th, 2012.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Tue May 01, 2012 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #947 (isolation #70) » Tue May 01, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Om of the Nom twisted in his bed, too excited to sleep. The day was finally coming where all was on the line, and all would be decided.

And dammit did he have the information to turn the tide in their favor.

It's just so easy sometimes in his line of work that he has to wonder if it's intentional at times. Oh well, he won't have to worry anymore after this is all over.

Suddenly, a
thump
from outside his door causes him to jerk up to an upright position, reaching for his gun in a knee-jerk reaction. He waited tensely in the silence, wonder just what that was. For a moment he wondered if he wouldn't get the chance to say his part, but he brushes that aside quickly.

Slowly getting up with his gun in hand and the safety off, he makes his way to the door, placing himself against it with his gun held ready.

"Hello?" he calls as he opens the door slightly. Nothing answers but the sound of his echo. Om narrows his eyes, opens the door a little wider, and moves into the door frame to get a better look.

Big mistake.

A boot comes ramming full-force into his facing, shoving him back into the room and onto the ground. Realizing that his time may nearly but up, but not willing to go out without a fight. Om quickly gets up and brings his gun around.

Shame he was just a second too late.

Om of the Nom,
Town Sane Cop
, was killed Night 4. It is now Day 5

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #948 (isolation #71) » Tue May 01, 2012 10:02 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 5.0:

Not voting - MagnaofIllusion, Rainbowdash, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch and to no-lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-15 17:02:45), or by 4:00 PM on May 15th, 2012.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #980 (isolation #72) » Thu May 03, 2012 9:38 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Feirei has been prodded. I accidentally prodded iStark and Om, too, so you can laugh at that.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1003 (isolation #73) » Mon May 07, 2012 8:19 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 5.1:

MagnaofIllusion - Rainbowdash

Not voting - MagnaofIllusion, Feirei, ActionDan, luckyjt

Deadline is in (expired on 2012-05-15 17:02:45), or by 4:00 PM on May 15th, 2012.

Also, Feirei has been prodded.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1015 (isolation #74) » Wed May 09, 2012 11:42 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 5.2:

MagnaofIllusion - luckyjt (L-1)

Not voting - MagnaofIllusion, Feirei, ActionDan, Rainbowdash

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1024 (isolation #75) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:41 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Bump

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1025 (isolation #76) » Fri May 11, 2012 8:42 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Votecount 5.3:

MagnaofIllusion - luckyjt (L-1)
Luckyjt - ActionDan (L-1)
Rainbowdash - MagnaofIllusion (L-1)

Not voting - Feirei, Rainbowdash

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1033 (isolation #77) » Fri May 11, 2012 7:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1030, ActionDan wrote:Poor soul never made it to the refrigerator.
Feirei needs a prod

R.I.P., dear Feirei/CSL. We hardly knew ya.

(She's been prodded)

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1048 (isolation #78) » Sat May 12, 2012 6:53 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Was the music number necessary...?

Votecount FINAL:

MagnaofIllusion - luckyjt, ActionDan, Rainbowdash (LYNCH!)
Rainbowdash - MagnaofIllusion (L-1)

Not voting - Feirei

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1049 (isolation #79) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:36 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

The air was tense around the police headquarters. Unknown to the 13 people (now 5) who were inside the building those long 5 days ago, the sudden lockdown and subsequent isolation they had imposed on themselves had made them into the talk of the town, if not the neighboring cities. Though they did see throngs of people during the daytime, and kept themselves out of sight as much as possible, what they didn't know was what the mass was comprised of--townsfolk honestly worried for people they loved or for their fellow citizens; news anchors eager to catch the latest news on this undoubtedly rich story; blow-ins from around who just wanted to see what was up; and many, many people from various cities who saw the predicament on the news and wanted an up close and personal look at the situation.

Each day, all these people perched themselves, so to speak, on the steps to the building, wondering what might be happening inside those doors. Newsmen and political agendists who covered the story debated endlessly on what caused this, was it right, and other nonsensical topics. And one entity just watched...and watched...

Inside the Police Headquaters

MagnaofIllusion, Luckyjt, Rainbowdash, Feirei, and ActionDan stared each other down, standing in a rough pentagon shape, muscles taut, eyes shifting, each one waiting for the others to make a move for them to react to. THis stalemate seemed to last endlessly, though it was only for a few hours.

Eventually, MoI and RD started getting into a heated argument, trying to convince the other as much as they were trying to convince the others that the opposite was scum. ActionDan didn't have to worry about this that much, as the revelation of Amrun and Om as cops solidified him as being out of the range of suspicious, but Lucky was still sweating bullets, as sometimes the arguments would turn to talks about him.

The talks went on, to the point that Dan was getting sick of hearing people talk, period. He wanted this over, now.

"I've had enough!" he shouts, startling RD and MoI out of starting another round of debates. "This is getting nowhere. We're getting nowhere. And I'm sick of listening to any of us argue."

"Thank God..." Lucky muttered, figuring that meant he didn't have to be under suspicious anymore.

"now, Lucky, RD, you two both think that MoI is scum, right?" he prompts the two of them, drawing his gun on MoI when he starts to object, saying a curt, "Shut up."

"Y-Yeah..."

"Yes..." RD taps her foot.

"Then it's settled," Dan releases the safety on his gun, making MoI back up a little when he hears the click.

"Whoa, now...Let's just--" Anything else he would've said gets cut off as Dan shoots him in the side, making him fall back with a yelp.

Outside, the throng of people jumped when they heard the bang of a gunshot. And if the five knew, they could imagine that every nearby newstation was now riveted back to that lone building.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!" MoI yells in between groaning from the pain.

"I
just said
that I'm sick of hearing you people argue. Didn't you hear me?" Dan snaps. "Now we've come to a decision. So shut up and take it like a man, and be the last infiltrator, too. I couldn't stand doing this for another day."

His finger slowly curled around the trigger.

MoI's grew wider.

The trigger got pulled.

And when it was all over, they made one last check for those tell-tale letters, and found none for the last time.

"This is a hard line of work. Not just the labor involved each night, but the commitment made each day to those we have sworn to help, protect, and defend from any harm, inside and out. That's not to say that I don't wish it was less, but I don't regret the choice I made then."

"Do you regret it now, then?"

"...No, I can't say I do. Just wish that this wasn't how I ended up."

"Yes, a bullet through the head does keep one from doing his line of work, doesn't it, MoI?"

???

The old friend sinks back into his chair, rubbing his temple as he watches the TV.

"You win this one, Old Man," he mutters, feeling somewhat peeved, sort of. Getting up, he leaves the TV on to make a call as the camera shows the doors to the headquaters opening.

A crack like a whip echoed through the grounds of the building and the outlying area, knocking everyone there into a sort of tense silence. No one dared to move, only looking at each other with side glances with their eyes, wondering what might be next but fearing what it'll be.

Then some near the front began pointing at the door, which was beginning to inch open, and were shouting behind them to attract the other's attention. Before long, Luckyjt, ActionDan, Feirei, and RainbowDash seemingly had the entire nation's eyes directly on them as they stepped out of the building, shielding their eyes from the late-day sun to take in the sight of all the people.

"...Did you know about this?" Feirei asks no one in particular.

"I don't think any of us could've," Rainbowdash sighs. "But we're alive, at least."

"Amen," Lucky murmurs.

It took a couple days of interviews, private talks, and public investigations to really sort most of the happenings out. The police Chief's death, unfortunately, couldn't be solved, as the 13's self-imposed isolation helped decay the body enough that most methods of investigation were most useless, a lack of closure the four undoubtedly wished they had. The "old friend", despite it being clear to them that he was the one who killed the chief, was still able to escape.

The experience, though, had bonded the four, in a way. They couldn't exactly call each other "friends" (not that some of them didn't form that pairing), but they had a sort of mutual understanding of each other that came from. It was enough to help each other cope with what happened, at least, and that would have to suffice.

They all attended the chief's funeral service a couple days later, able to at least share this one last moment with their fallen comrade. While closure was still out of their grasp, this last moment they have with him, will have to do.

MagnaofIllusion,
Mafia Rolecop
, was lynched Day 5

The Town of Luckyjt, ActionDan, and Feirei--
Vanilla Townies
--and Rainbowdash--
Mistrusted Vanilla Townie (AKA Miller)
--have survived to endgame and live!
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sat May 12, 2012 8:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #80) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:47 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Graveyard of Fallen Duty, 5 days after the Pollice Headquarters Incident

A nondescript black car rolls along the asphalt drive toward a certain section of the gravesite reserved for honored citizens who have died in the name of duty. Slowly, three men get out of the car, two in formal-looking suits carrying semi-automatics who wait by the care, and one man in a trenchcoat who takes his time getting out of the backseat, and slowly walks toward one silver tombstone. Standing about where the foot of the casket would be, he lights a cigarette and takes a whiff, staring down at the body of the old man he used to know.

"You've got some good boys, you know that?" he finally says, using his other hand to wipe a tear from his eye. "Got some good heads on their shoulders. Sad thing that they have to oppose me and all of us, but that's just the breaks of life."

He kneels down, placing a hand over the mound. "You were a good man, Chief," he whispers. "You can keep this with you in the grave: Not a day goes without me regretting pulling that trigger. But it was for a purpose. Something bigger than you could have possibly imagined. Your men may have won this battle, but this war--the Mafia War--is far from over."

He stands back up. "No, this is just the beginning. And your town isn't safe just yet. We still have work to do."

With that, he turns around, flicking his cigarette back to land on the mound as he heads for the car, gets in with the other two men, and they drive off without another word.

10 days earlier, night-time

Along the highway to the north of the town, a young man with a hood pulled over his face walks into the town. He pulls out a scrap of paper, looks at it for a moment, then back at the town.

"I'm home, Dad," he says into the sleeping town. "I'm finally back home..."

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1053 (isolation #81) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Role distribution:

RBAN28 - Mafia Goon
IceGuy - Vanilla Townie
vijay2vasandani - Voyeur
Lopsy - Mafia Rolecop
RainbowDash - Miller
Om of the Nom - Cop
ActionDan - Vanilla Townie
Amrun - Cop (originally a Vanilla Townie, changed due to mod error)
CSL/Feirei - Vanilla Townie
malthusis - Vanilla Townie
iStark - Mafia Tracker
Korlash - Vanilla Townie
Luckyjt - Vanilla Townie

Night Actions

N1 actions:
vijay stalks om - successful (he saw Om nom be tracked)
Amrun and Om investigate Korlash - successful (not guilty)
iStark tracks Om Nom - successful (went to Korlash)
BBmolla kills vijay2vasandani - successful
Lopsy doesn't rolecop anyone - successful

Night 2 actions
Amrun investigates RBAN28 - successful (Mafia)
Om of the Nom investigates ActionDan - successful (Not Mafia)
MoI rolecops ActionDan - successful (VT)
RBAN28 kills Amrun - successful

Night 3 actions:
Om of the Nom investigates iStark - successful (Mafia)
MoI rolecops Feirei - successful (Vanilla Townie)
MoI kills Korlash - successful
iStark Tracks rainbowdash - successful (went nowhere)

Night 4 actions:
MoI kills Om of the Nom - successful
Rolecops RainbowDash - successful (VT..ish)
Om of the Nom investigates MoI - successful (Mafia)

Dead QT: here
moI, iStark, or RBAN28 may out the Mafia QT if they so wish.

Feel free to comment, criticize, congratulate, etc. the game and your fellow players. I only ask that you not talk about the incident from D2 until after I've explained what happened.
Last edited by Voidedmafia on Sat May 12, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1056 (isolation #82) » Sat May 12, 2012 7:58 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

In post 1054, Om of the Nom wrote:BTW VM, you made MoI flip as Mafia Tracker :V

It's post-game and I'm still screwing up...ayayaya...

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1057 (isolation #83) » Sat May 12, 2012 8:00 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Opening flavor wrote:The sun shone brightly upon the Police Headquarters. And man, were they thankful for it.

Today was the 50th anniversary of the place, having been the headquarters for the town's police corps. for almost as long (they "officially" moved in on opening day, but they couldn't enter immediately due some unforeseen problems. The actual entry to the place happened 3 years later). And they were determined to celebrate

Everyone in the town got invitations. Everyone was invited. And who wouldn't come? The headquarters was the center of the town; it was their pride and joy, along with their policemen, and they all were happy to celebrate a momentous accomplishment together.

However, not everyone was so cordially invited...

50th Anniversary party

The partying went on through most of the day and night, with all the families and everyone enjoying the day to their heart's content. They held contests of all kinds (and some people swore they saw people chug more beer than anyone thought they'd see in their lives), they danced, they sang, they dined on the lavish buffet prepared by the greatest chefs in the city, they ate the most delicious cake from the city's best cakemakers and decorators, and they just thoroughly enjoyed every single moment of it.

When the chief of police finally came to the podium near the stage area to talk, it took him quite a while to calm the crowd long enough to actually say anything. He afforded himself small chuckles as he waited for the waves of sound to finally subside.

"Ladies and gentlemen!" He begins. "It is a momentous day, for me, for my men, and for this town. For those of us who grew up fifty years ago, and those of us who are growing up now." He waves his hand in a circle, gesturing around the building. "Tonight, we celebrate the 50th year of this wondrous building, one that has housed one of the finest police corps I've ever seen!"

The last line was met with uproarous cheers, mostly from the chief's own men, who all saluted him as he gave them a nod.

"This building is the pinnacle of our town, our testament to who we are and what we are. A bulding that will stand for years to come!" Another roar of cheers and applause.

"I cannot overstate how proud I am to stand up here tonight to acknowledge this feat," he shakes his head, wiping a tear out of his eye and giving a small chuckle. "Nor did I imagine I would be the one standing here today. Remember that incident in the North Side, Stan? Nearly bit off more than I could chew!" This earned some laughter, with the aforementioned Stan raising a glass-holding hand and shouting, "I remember that!"

"It has been a pleasure to spend this night with you all," he begins to finish. "And it's been a pleasure to be here. God bless you all!"

As he steps down from the podium, another thundering round of applause rises in his place, one that certainly would've woken up everyone in the town if they hadn't been awake and crowded around the building.

And so they partyed through the night, young to old, the chief himself to the stay-at-hom mom. Many would assure you that they had a grand old time.

N0 and game beginning flavor wrote:The night after - Police Headquarters

Near the end of the party, the police chief decided to excuse himself for a moment along with one of the friends he invited to have some private words and a sip of his best wine.

They quietly entered a private room for them to just sit and enjoy the wine and talk, reminiscing of all the things they had gone through over the years, their lives, that kind of thing.

"You know," his friend said after ahile. "It's been awhile since I've heard anything about things like Mafia. Have you?"

The chief chuckles. "Heh. There aren't very many groups that operate alongside the old italian imagery of the mafia nowadays, or at least they don't go by that name anymore. It's just gangs and thugs." He leans back. "But, I suppose I do partially miss those days. Used to have to step a lot more lively than you do nowadays."

His friend smiles wanly, taking a sip of his wine before leaning forward. "What if...What if they came here again? What would you do?"

"I would fight back," the chief chuckles slightly, though a hint of uncertainity is in his voice. "What's with you, friend? What's with this talk?"

The friend glances to the door before moving to sit next to the chief. "I've heard rumors. Here and around. There are moves being made."

The chief looks the man directly in his eyes. "There have been no such rumors here in this town. None have said as such to me nor my men."

"I believe they are keeping this close to their heart," the firend adjusts himself a little. "Some may even be the mafia themselves. But think! You and I know that things have slowed down, and we need...well, a little pick-me-up."

The chief was no longer smiling. In fact, his face was full of worry as he looked at his old friend. "...What are you saying?"

The friend sighs a little before standing up. He slowly walks around the table, draining the rest of his wine and setting it on the table before he pauses back at his own chair, his face and part of his body hidden by shadows and his own shilouette.

"Old friend..." the chief asks again.

"..." his friend turns back to face him, producing a silenced gun and pointing it at the chief. Though the latter makes no movement, the shock in his face is evident.

"...Why...?" he whispers, looking as if he aged a milennium with just that one question.

"It's the way things must go, my firend," the other says, genuine sadness in his body. "I only regret that it must begin with you."

There is a pop, unheard by the partyers outside, and then a moment of silence. The chief looks down, then back up at his friend as a rivulet of blood slowly comes out of his mouth. He tries to lift a hand, but finds it dead at his side as he slowly slumps down, looking aged, defeated, lost.

Dead.

The traitorous friend puts his gun back in the folds of his cloak and tips his hat to the old chief, flicking away a tear of sadness.

"I wish it wasn't you, old friend," he whispers before he leaves, closing the door behind him and locking it.

Coming back out the party, a few notice him come out and he smiles to them as they approach.

"Where's the chief? Some ask.

"He's just taking a moment to relieve himself, is all," he says. "I've already spoken to him, and I've enjoyed this party thoroughly. I hope you all will, too."

Some of them look a little confused by his words, but they all grin stupidly as the drink and the party wash over them again. Only three others don't grin as happily just yet. The old friend finds them all through eye contact, and they all give imperceptible nods of their heads.

"Enjoy it alll," he says as he makes his way through them and towards the exit of the center itself.

The party continued on unabated and without the chief's prescence. When he didn't return after a few minutes, they just assumed that the wine or whatever got to him finally and he just went to lay down, just like they did an hour later (if sloppily).

Police Headquarters - 3 hours before the place opens

Around 12 of the friends and police corp slowly awake with moans and groans, feeling the beginnings of hangovers coming over them. However, as they begin to regain their wits among pulsing headaches, they all begin to realize that since the chief's oldest friend had left, they had never seen the chief himself.

Suddenly worried, they searched the area around the party until they found a door that was locked. Getting a battering ram, they slam the door open after a couple thrusts to find the chief slumped over on his chair, slowly slipping down the chair as his body makes a slow descent to the floor.

And even through their muddied minds, they know a couple things were beyond doubt now: His oldest friend betrayed him.

There were traitorous seeds among them.

And they couldn't get back on track until it was dealt with.

Those who didn't have bad hangovers quickly went to close the headquarters, much to the dismay of some of the early comers to the place. They knew that this move would spread through the town like a wildfire, but they couldn't think of any other way to keep themselves and the town isolated from each other.

It'd just have to do until this was finally over.

Voidedmafia, Aged police chief and Powerful Cop, has been killed N0.

---------------------------------------

Amrun N1 cop flavor wrote:Resentment burned in your stomach as you made your way to the sleeping quarters. How could IceGuy do such a thing, to shoot another officer like that?! That's not what we're supposed to do as officers! Inwardly, though, you fatally admit that, at the end of things, that just may be what they'd have to do.

However, your mind is on something else: Korlash. Who else could have made IceGuy do that? Many a time you've seen the man bat an eyelash or twitch a finger for IceGuy to hear his opinion, and while IceGuy may not have always accepted, the times he did still worried you.

Getting
to Korlash, on the other hand, was a different matter entirely. You've heard the stories: How he snores so loud it's impossible to sleep with him. How he moves so much on the bed it's like you have some sort of weird humanoid creatures squirming around your room. HOpefully that last part isn't that true, but it sounds like it'll be a bit of a workout to find your objective.

Thinking back to when Malthusis died as you tiptoe to Korlash's door and silently open it, you recall that when you looked at the badge, there were two letters enscribed near the bottom. While you didn't exactly get a good look, they seemed to be "V.T.". Maybe that's a sign of whether or not Korlash is guilty?

You're about to find out.

Noiselessly you make your way around the room, incredulous at it's state. Items were strewn all around the room, haphazard and seemingly about to fall all over the place at any moment. It's a wonder the man can even find his clothes in this mess. Thankfully, though, your objective is near the door, hanging on a chair in the only clean spot in the room.

With your eyes and ears primed for any change in Korlash's sleep, you search for the badge, and upon finding it, look it up and down for the letters. It seems fruitless at first, but after a couple minutes of dogged looking, you find them in the same spot that Malthusis's were, though these appear to be almost worn out from wear and the like. Still, that's all you need to know before you put it back and exit the room.

Now, if you could just get him to clean the damn place up...

Vijay N1 Voyeur flavor wrote:Your job isn't an easy one.

Especially with it's name.

ESPECIALLY when everyone thinks that, because of the name, you're a lot of things your aren't.

...Not that none of them aren't true, mind.

Still, you feel proud of your duty and your job, and feel that you're one of the best. That's why they hired you, after all. And now you get to put those skills to the test.

Om of the Nom. The guy was a bit of a greenhorn, but he seemed to have a good head on his shoulders. Good enough of one that you couldn't bear to not see if he died or not this night, or see whatever unsavory actions were done against him.

So you decide to watch him as you go along, keeping yourself at a safe distance to otherwise be inconspicuous. Always having a handy wall or pillar to hide behind also helps.

He eventually heads to his room, where you imagine he's getting ready for bed and the like. Not long after, you see him re-emerge from his room, headed straight for the bathroom, which prompts you to follow.

Along the way, as he enters the bathroom, you get the distinct feeling that someone else is also watching Om of the Nom. You can't quite sort the feeling out--nevermind that Om exits just as you get the feeling--so it's somewhat pushed to the back of your mind, but your interest is piqued when Om doesn't immediately head back to his room. Instead, he looks around the sleeping quarters in a roundabout fashion in his search for another.

During this time, you feel that prescent among you, still watching, still waiting for...something. You don't know what exactly he's looking for, but you can't help but wonder if he's staking out what Om of the Nom can actually do, which worries you.

Eventually your ruminations must cease as you see Om return from, whatever hie was doing. Now that he's on the move again, you follow him back to his own room before adjourning for yourself. It's only when you reach your room that you realize that the prescence you felt was gone by the time Om came back.

It must be tied to what Om was doing, you're sure of it. What you're NOT sure of is what the purpose even
was
. But that, your reason, is for another night.

Or, so you thought...

Om of the Nom N1 Cop flavor wrote:Poor Malthusis. Never misunderstood.

Not that you exactly understood him, either. It's just a shame that he wasn't.

But, that's in the past, and this is the now. And now is the time to look for clues on Korlash.

Oh, that handsome little devil with his little antics. Every moment seemed to be another chance for him to show how much of a clown he could be, though that didn't exactly help things during the latter half of the day. It was a welcome respite, mind, but just not really meshing with the moment.

But, you think to yourself, what if that's just a front? A facade to lure us into false security?

You make your way to his room, taking a deep breath before slowly pushing his door open, and stand with your mouth agape at what you see.

A mess! How could this person let his room BE this way?! How does he prepare in the morning? Get work done? Even SLEEP?!

Your incredulous eyes turn to Korlash's sleeping form, which is indeed a wonder in and of itself. You quickly shake your head to remove those thoughts. That's not your objective tonight. His guilt or innocence is your goal.

Slowly you head to the desk in his room--which happens to be the only spot NOT in shambles, wonder of wonders--and take a peek around his clothes. Eventually you find a nice green card in one of the pockets, with "V.T." signed on the bottom right. Shrugging, you replace it and head back to your room. That's enough for you.

iStark N1 Tracker flavor wrote:Tracking was serious business.

And he was damn good and damn proud of that.

That's why he was with the mafia. THey kept you and treated you well, and rewarded you as you were due--so long as you did a good job. And he knew he always did a good job.

Part of that had to do with not placing any sort of extra attachment to a mission, not elevating it to be any bigger than the last one. That doesn't mean they can't be important, for some of them are, but he can't let their impact on him be any different.

That made this job rather easy, really. Just a few words was all he needed to get into that old man's circle of friends to land him here in the center, ready to tear it open from the inside. And his job was as it's stated--to track down those who might stand in the way.

Your first target for the night was the one called Om of the Nom. Your first thought is that that's a pretty stupid name for ANYONE to have, and can hardly imagine why anyone would choose that for their son. But that's not your concern; watching where he goes is your concern.

Silently, you flit between the shadows as you watch Om go about his night-time business as he heads first to his room to change, then heads to the bathroom. Your interest spikes when he doesn't retrace his route, but instead goes to another person's sleeping area--Korlash's.

You wrinkle your nose at the idea of going to that man's room, but your job is done. You know where Om has gone this night, and it's time to report it to the other two here with you.

N1 night-kill flavor wrote:The morning dawned grayer than yesterday, as if nature knew of the dire situation in the building.

the 11 other people in the building eventually awoke, groaning as they slide out of their beds or wherever they slept to see what this day would bring. As two of them hauled off Malthusis's body (which oddly didn't smell by this time), another began searching for vijay, who wasn't with them upon waking.

Aware of his habit of watching others from the shadows, they made sure to search high and low around the building, but there was still nothing. With exaggerated sighs, they head back to his own room to discover that, despite their cleverness, their enemy was even craftier.

After all, they put vijay in the one spot that no one would think about until the last second to find someone like him: his own room.

Day 2 lynch flavor wrote:They went through the day with both Vijay's and Malthusis's deaths fresh on their minds, unsure of who killed the former (maybe a midnight stalking gone wrong?) or why they killed the latter.

Their day was about to get a little better, though, as Amrun and Om of the Nom both soon claimed to be cops with a good innocent on Korlash. The investigatee, while batting his eyelashes gratefully for such a good omen, still questioned the choice of both of them targeting him.

"That's just how it happened," Om of the NOm said somewhat defensively. "Can't exactly control that."

"Well, I was the one who suggested that," IceGuy says, adopting a somewhat superior tone. While it WAS true, that didn't mean it irked everyone else.

"So says the one who shot a good guy yesterday," Amrun hurls back.

"He was doing a piss-poor job, anyways," IceGuy retorts, though Korlash quickly steps in to keep them from coming to blows.

"Jeez..." IceGuy mutters, going away for a bit.

That "bit" stretched for a couple hours, which began to make the others worried--and suspicious. When he eventually returned, 10 pairs of hard eyes greeted him and made him halt on the steps.

"Whoa..." he holds up his hands. "What's with the faces?"

"What were you doing?" Rainbowdash counters. "Took your sweet time coming back."

"I was in the bathroom, alright?" IceGuy bristles. "That, and I wanted to think on some things."

"Like...?" RD presses.

"Like your claim of being mistrusted," he spits out. "It doesn't make sense."

"nonsense, it makes perfect sense."

"You completely mangled how you said it!"

"No I didn't, you're just trying to make it look that way! I told you exactly what I knew!"

"And I'm pretty damn sure what you said was wrong or just completely fabricated!"

"And you know that for sure, huh?!" Rainbowdash gets almost right into his face as she hisses that line. "You're just angry because you can't get your way."

"Besides," Korlash interjects. "What do you have that makes you right?"

"Oh, something," IceGuy says evasively. But, whatever that was meant to do, it didn't do squat. Suddenly he's grabbed by his arms and held tight as Korlash, Rainbowdash, and Om of the Nom stare him down.

"Might as well say it, as our tempers are getting really short right now," Om says warningly.

"Wait a sec!" IceGuy says quickly. "You're taking what I said wrong!"

"How were we wrong?" Rainbowdash scoffs. "You're trying to counter what I said, but aren't saying why. Now spill it."

"I'm not really lying, you're just--!" whatever he was going to say was stolen as Korlash punches him hard in the gut, knocking the wind right out of him as his captors release him and he falls to the ground. Now fearing for his life, he backs up until he hits a pillar as the rest of the officers glare down at him.

And in those moments, he realizes he just screwed himself.

And when they checked his badge for those tell-tale initials, those two letters signified to the rest that they screwed themselves over.

Om of the Nom Night 2 flavor wrote:You peek cautiously out from a corner, eyeing ActionDan's room and the surrounding area.

Mentally you think back to today's lynch. It's not that you're overly suspicious of ActionDan from that (he didn't exactly do much with getting IceGuy killed, though you don't particularly mind that). But, his inattentiveness somewhat worries you, and you'd like to put it to rest.

Silently you open his door and tip-toe in, very thankful that his room is a lot cleaner than Korlash's (and you bet it's just the same tonight as it was last night). While there was some indications of disorder, Dan's room was more or less clean, with his officer's uniform hanging nicely on the door to what appears to be a closet.

You slowly make your way over to it, ever-cautious of waking him up, and slowly reach for the badge at it's side to twist it over.

As soon as you make out those two tell-tale initials, you breathe a sigh of relief as you re-arrange his uniform to be like it was before you came. And so, you leave, hopefully as silently as you came (though the click of the closed door certainly seemed louder than usual).

Amrun night 2 flavor wrote:You toss and turn some in your bed, a mix of thoughts going through your mind.

On one hand, you're glad IceGuy is gone, as you felt you couldn't suffer him any more than you already were.

On the other hand, though...he still turned out to be one of theirs. What if, in the end, they--?

No, no, you can't think like that! Shaking your head furiously, you throw off your covers. You're a cop, dammit, and copping is what you'll do tonight.

As soon as you think this, the image of your target instantly comes to mind: RBAN. Quite frankly, you never liked him from the day he came in, and you want proof yourself that he shouldn't even be close to trusted.

You march as silently as you can down the halls, the muffled thumps of your socks on the tile dully echoing. Realizing how this actually might be more counter-productive than you'd like, you step a lot lighter. After taking a moment to check if anyone was aroused by your noises, you continue on until you reach RBAN's room and slowly push the door open.

Thankfully, you don't have to go far, as his uniform is visible as soon as you open the door, hanging right there against the wall. His badge is also in plain sight, and easy to reach as well. You do just that, casually flipping it over to inspect it.

Nothing.

You raise an eyebrow, and give it a good look-over. As you continue to see nothing, your suspicions begin to solidify.

He most certainly is not one of us.

You determinedly head back to your room, inwardly elated by this revelation. And this information you will get out to everyone ASAP, if it's the last thing you'll do.

IStark night 2 flavor wrote:Last night was a pretty good deal, you think to yourself. Hopefully tonight will be even better.

Your target this time is ActionDan. You note that he wasn't very active today as he was the first day, and while you're not exactly worried, you do wonder about why that was.

Maybe you can find something out tonight.

Stealthily you make your way toward his room, and prepare to camp it out in case he ever leaves.

An hour passes.

Two.

Two more.

As time passes and the day begins to come, you realize that he actually isn't going to go anywhere. With a sigh, you pick yourself up and prepare for a short powernap to get you through the rest of the day.

MagnaofIllusion Night 2 flavor wrote:"are you going now?"

"Yes."

"Good. I'll be leaving shortly. Good luck."

Flipping your phone down and putting it in your pocket, you take a breath to calm yourself. This is, in effect, your first night at the job, as your predecessor unceremoniously bailed the first night (you presume she was killed in some inconspicuous manner shortly after). And you aren't about to make the same mistake she did.

You take out a piece of paper to view the writing on it: ActionDan. Your target for tonight. You allow yourself a small smile as you push your door open, taking a moment to enjoy the cool rush of wind that comes in. You don't linger long, though; it wouldn't do to be caught right now, of all times.

Quickly you make your way toward Dan's room, aware that your time is dwindling. Upon entry, you ignore his uniform, looking for signs of anything signifying a better position in the police corps. After a few minutes of concerted searching, you come up fruitless. Somewhat frustrated, but still satisfied at some answer, you go back to sleep, prepared to give your information soon.

Night 2 kill flavor wrote:Amrun tossed in her bed, dogged by exultant dreams of nabbing one of the hidden assailants intertwined with horrid nightmares of torture and pain. She squeezes her eyes shut, trying to block out everything but that peaceful rest, but it never comes, and in frustration she gets up and decides to take a small walk.

Putting on a light jacket to keep her warm from any breeze (and some socks to keep her feet warm), Amrun takes a slow solo tour of the building, glancing around and unconsciously shivering at how pale and foreboding the place looked now.

What has happened to this place she wonders desconsolately. What's happened to us? she looks down at her hands, still bruised some from a few of the punches delivered to IceGuy earlier. She shakes her head, not exactly because she felt foolish, but because everything just felt out of place here.

A noise makes her pause, reach for a gun that she realizes almost immediately she doesn't have. "Who's there?" she calls out, searching for any sort of shilouette with the outside lights being her only dim guide. She edges slowly towards the hallway from where she came, hoping that if she could reach it, she could be safe. eyeing it up, calculating a route, she makes a dash for it, her feet dully thumping against the hard floor.

She makes it halfway to her room (partly sliding, too) when she's clothslined hard, nearly making her flip over with the power behind the attack and how fast she was going. As it was, her head hurt like hell from hitting the cold, hard floor that hard, and she could do little but hold her throbbing head as the world spun.

As she looked up, a body looked down on her, and a face slowly came to recognition. Her eyes widened in sudden recognition, but before she could get a word out his hand flashes to her mouth, muffling any cries, as the other grabs her throat and slowly chokes her.

As her life begins to fade and her vision darkens, she can't help but think of how much of a fool she was.

And then the blow to her head put her out of her misery.

Day 3 lynch flavor wrote:RBAN watched the others mull about, lounging as he was in one of the chairs as he kept an eye on the weather outside. They were already in heated debate about Amrun and Om of the Nom, as apparantly they didn't believe the former until now. He chuckled to himself. The poor fools.

They had come to him to question him a couple times, though he had waved them off before either side got really into things. That just wasn't what he wanted to do, but he had felt their leering eyes on him more than he felt was necessary, and he felt that somehow, things weren't going to go his way.

"RBAN," Korlash calls to him, somewhat surprised when he did actually come. "You look alone, sitting there by yourself. Besides, a couple people still have questions for you."

"Well, I don't really feel like answering," he shrugs. "Besides, if you're going to do to me what you did to IceGuy, that's just going to result in another dead body."

"True, true," Korlash strokes his chin, which strikes RBAN as something that really suits him. "But you could still answer the questions." It was a demand, not a request. Something that wasn't at all lost on RBAN.

He make a quick sweep of the people there, all looking at him no matter where they were. He wanted to convey more than a quick look to his friends, but didn't want them to be outed like that. A hand slowly traces it's way up his thigh toward his gun, which Korlash notes by dropping his eyes to track that hand.

"What do you think you're doing...?" he asks questioningly, warningly. A hand reaches out as if to stop him. But RBAN decides that enough is enough.

As quick as in practice his gun is out, making Korlash back up in alarm and everyone else reach for theirs (or a good projectile, if they didn't have one). They didn't need to worry, as RBAN wasn't thinking of shooting them.

He meant to shoot himself. After all, he preferred doing that kind of work himself.

Korlash stares at the lifeless body, now hesitant to check for that sign. But check he must. With a slow, tentative hand, he plucks the badge out a flips it over.

Nothing.

Slightly confused, he looks all over the back, then the front. Then he goes to have everyone else look as well.

Not a single mark was found on it. Almost free of such blemishes.

"...Well, I guess we got one," iStark says.

"I guess so..." Korlash echoes, glancing out the window as the sun sets.

Om of the om Night 3 flavor wrote:A small smile plays across your lips as you relax in your chair. You got one of them today, and tonight you intend to see if you can help net another for tomorrow.

iStark. THe obvious jokes and puns aside that are evident in that name, you still feel like he may be hiding something. Something that would certainly spell doom if you don't figure out who he really is.

Your mind made up, you tramp out of your room, not caring if you make a lot of noise for now as you feign going to the bathroom, then quickly slink towards iStark's room, delighted that it was actually open for you already.

When you peek in, you see his form on the bed, facing away from you and apparantly sleeping peacefully. Lucky for him. After taking this moment to view his form, you make your way over to his uniform. Now that you know what to look for on the badge to see who's the enemy, your search along it's back is much quicker as your hand runs along the smooth posterior of the badge.

Not a single abrasion for initials in sight.

Letting your giddiness overtake you for a moment, you sport a goofy grin as you slowly place it back in place and leave as you came, though you only care to close the door enough that it's not gaping wide, which would be too obvious a sign that someone (you) came in, and when you sleep your dreams are happy ones (finally).

IStark Night 3 flavor wrote:A frown seems permanently stuck to your lips as your flip through a random magazine in your room.

Damn it, RBAN, you think to yourself. Why did he have to let himself be killed like that? Of course, you inwardly can admit that he was shaping up to die anyways, but you still hate the fact that he just let it happen.

But, maybe if you can get a good look at one of the stronger players here--Rainbowdash in particular--then you might be able to turn this around.

Just like the other night, you set yourself up for what you hope will be a short stakeout. Keeping last night in mind, you make your provisions such that you don't have to stay as long in case she isn't actually going anywhere.

As the hours drag by and you keep your eyes on her door, you realize that she isn't going to come out tonight, either. You feel some relief from this, and can go back to bed with some satisfaction, but you still wonder...

MagnaofIllusion Night 3 flavor wrote:Being on the back foot.

That's how you feel right now, starting up at the ceiling as you aimlessly flip a pencil in your fingers. You had ignored your partner's irritated rantings over the phone, satisfying yourself with a curt reminder to him to do his job. With that slight nuisance out of the way, you can focus on the task at hand.

Feirei, formerly know as CSL. you don't have any idea why she changed her name, but perhaps there was a reason for this. Maybe. Hell, you might even find out!

Just as cautiously as last night, you head toward her room, waiting for a little bit. It seems she was staying up a little later than usual before going to bed, maybe catching up on something. But, eventually, you see the lights dim, and a few minutes later, you step in.

Her room was rather clean, which is good for you. Just like with Dan, you do a careful search for anything that might be significant. However, just like Dan, you don't find anything. You let out a small sigh, this one more frustrated than last night, but regardless you step out of her room and head to bed.

Night 3 kill flavor wrote:Korlash tosses and turns in his bed, seemingly snoring so loud that it's hard to imagine that anyone else in the area could even sleep. However, his turning has a dark reason behind it.

In his dream, he's in an endless pile of police badges. Obviously he knows he has to search for that one badge without blemishes, but there's just so many...

Shaking his head, he begins the slow searching through them all. Searching and searching and searching...

Slowly, the realization dawns on him that he will most likely never find them.

At the same time, a new batch of badges rain down on his head, eventually drowning him in their sea.

With a jolt, he awakes, seemingly hearing clicks near his head. He slowly turns his head to stare into the barrelt of a gun.

"...Oh shi--" is all he says before the gun goes off. A white flash is all he sees, then nothing.

Day 4 lynch flavor wrote:Somehow he just knew his day was today. It might've been a gust of wind. An ominous chill. A sense of foreboding from a waking nightmare.

Or the sound of some loudmouthed fool frothing at the mouth at trying to say he's caught you.

iStark stared passively at Om of the Nom as he pranced all around the room, letting no emotion cloud his face at the other's euphoria.

"I CAUGHT YOU, I CAUGHT YOU!" he shouted, giggling madly as he grins wickedly at iStark. "I caught your scummy little ass."

"...Someone's high on coffee this morning," Rainbowdash coughs.

"Shush!" But that couldn't dampen his mood and he went right back to showering the whole room with his jubilation.

"I'm not surprised," Magna states with crossed arms.

"I kinda am..." Lucky says, scratching the back of his head.

"That's nice, but can we wait a little bit?" Rainbow asks. "Some of us aren't up yet."

"WHY WAIT?!" Om's shout makes all of the jerk. "Why not just kill him now?!" And with that he goes over to iStark and takes a swipe at him.

Something in iStark just seemed to snap. With a snarl, he ducks and then uppercuts Om hard enough to send him sprawling. The others move back, too shocked at this sudden transformation from iStark. Om just get to a sitting position, grinning as he rubs his chin.

"Finally outing yourself, eh?" he sneers, spitting out a bit of blood. Getting up, he adds, "I was wondering when you were just going to give up!"

"Shut up!" IStark shouts, moving in to punch Om of the Nom again. He gets a few hits in before his punches begin to slow as he seems to realize something, then he falls back onto the floow.

"...This is it?" he mutters. He fumbles at his side for his gun, and just makes it as quick as he can for himself.

Om of the Nom Night 4 investigation flavor wrote:You couldn't stop grinning.

No, seriously, you felt like your face was stuck in a permanent smile.

Not that it was surprising, given the day's work. Two scum outed back-to-back is always good, and you're fairly sure you're going to get the last one tonight. It's just too obvious a choice, really.

The smile recedes to a smug grin as you prepare to head to MagnaofIllusion's room. This trip will probably be the shortest trip you'll hae to make, given what you already know, and for that you're inwardly thankful. You might just take a liiiiitle bit longer to be extra sure, but it's not like you NEED it.

As you walk down the hallway, you suppress your urge to engage in some frivulous manner of walking, and quickly arrive at MoI's room regardless.

Aware that you still need to be cautious, and that it all comes down to whether or not you can get this precious information, you carefully open the door. But, almost immediately you slump a little, as MoI's suit is actually near the back of the room, right next to his bed to the left of it from your view.

An exasperated look comes on your face as you realize how much you're going to have to be careful. One misstep could end everything you've worked for. But at least there isn't a tripping hazard like with Korlash's room.

Slowly, carefully, with the utmost caution, you tip-toe over to MoI's room, careful not to let anything signify your presence. In a few minutes--that seem like hours to you--you reach the uniform.

A noise from Moi makes you drop down as silently as you can to be out of his sight for a few seconds. When nothing but the creaking of the bed occurs, you slowly get to a kneeling position to glance at MoI. Upon a couple seconds of looking, you relax when you realize it was just MoI turning around to face the wall. That'll definitely make it easier for you.

Going back to the uniform, you quickly flip the badge around, and as you suspected, there were no initials on the back.

Without a doubt, MagnaofIllusion was an imposter.

Feeling a little daring, you sport a slashing smile (an image of Light Yagami appears in your head, too), and with one last smug look at MoI's sleeping form, you leave as quietly as you came, resisting the urge to whisper a parting line,

"I've caught you now."

MagnaofIllusion night 4 rolecop flavor wrote:Sometimes, you have to do your work alone. That's an unavoidable fact of things in this game.

You frown as you recall the face of iStark yesterday. You didn't really LIKE having to cross him like that, but if it meant you could win, then he would surely understand.

Still ruminating these thoughts, you stare at a card with the name of your next target, rainbowdash.

Ponies. That girl loved ponies to death. Even named herself after one of them from that TV show. What was it, My Little Pony? Bah.

Still, she--or rather, the person she replaced--had claimed that she was easily distrusted earlier in all this (and in a slightly whiney tone, too), and it didn't hurt to see if there wasn't something behind that. That's your goal tonight.

Making your way to RD's room isn't that hard, what with the poster of that same pony plastered on the outside of the door. Getting in is even easier, as the door was rather open.

Sidling in, you quickly get to work. However, despite the plushies and DVD cases you overturn, you can't find anything out of the ordinary. A couple of things catch your eye, like papers about how she feels like everyone is against, but besides that, she's clean as a whistle.

At least her claims were somewhat true.

Night 4 kill flavor wrote:Om of the Nom twisted in his bed, too excited to sleep. The day was finally coming where all was on the line, and all would be decided.

And dammit did he have the information to turn the tide in their favor.

It's just so easy sometimes in his line of work that he has to wonder if it's intentional at times. Oh well, he won't have to worry anymore after this is all over.

Suddenly, a thump from outside his door causes him to jerk up to an upright position, reaching for his gun in a knee-jerk reaction. He waited tensely in the silence, wonder just what that was. For a moment he wondered if he wouldn't get the chance to say his part, but he brushes that aside quickly.

Slowly getting up with his gun in hand and the safety off, he makes his way to the door, placing himself against it with his gun held ready.

"Hello?" he calls as he opens the door slightly. Nothing answers but the sound of his echo. Om narrows his eyes, opens the door a little wider, and moves into the door frame to get a better look.

Big mistake.

A boot comes ramming full-force into his facing, shoving him back into the room and onto the ground. Realizing that his time may nearly but up, but not willing to go out without a fight. Om quickly gets up and brings his gun around.

Shame he was just a second too late.

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1064 (isolation #84) » Sat May 12, 2012 10:42 pm

Post by Voidedmafia »

Just make it say "Town win!" in the parenthesis, if you would. Thanks!

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1073 (isolation #85) » Sun May 13, 2012 9:49 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

Kondi...

Anyways, here's what happened: As you know, kondi replaced out D1 and Amrun came in his place. I MEANT to give her a VT role PM (as that was kondi's original role), but accidentally copypasted the cop Role PM instead.

THe first tip-off that something was wrong was when I got two investigations--one from Om (who was the actual cop) and one from Amrun, the accidental cop. So, I went through my mod QT to check the role distribution, and then I realized that I had given her the wrong PM. This resulted in a frantic PM to Hoopla explaining what happened and asking for her opinion. She thought that it'd be better to just give her the role, and after asking Mr. Flay, he agreed as well; and that's pretty much how we got two cops.

As for the other shenanigans, Yes, I should've corrected that error to Om in a PM instead of in-thread.

1065: I wasn't going to go for an all-PR setup right away (I don't quite have the confidence for that, and this game didn't help), though having such a game is something that interests me.

1072: That was paraphrasing flavor, which I honestly did not want to happen. Like I said, I wrote the flavor to enrich your experience in this game, NOT to try and make WIFOM like crazy. (that's why the PR flavor in the PMs said "Optional flavor reading" (or something similar) in the spoilers).

Overall, from a game standpoint the game went fine, and I really must thank all of you who stayed with the game after the reset (and those who came in afterwards to keep it going, and haylen who I suppose was a silent prescence in the back of the thread or something). I also really enjoyed writing the flavor for this, too, and I think I'll try to in most of my games if I get the inspiration and the time. However, from a modding standpoint this game was a disaster..

Voidedmafia
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Voidedmafia
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1099 (isolation #86) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:33 am

Post by Voidedmafia »

I think I understand why people use Role PMs to confirm--or, at least one of the reasons why. I think I'll switch to that for the time being, maybe permanently. Granted, it's not infallible, too, but I do think this method would've certainly caught such an error barring any other lapses of thinking in my mind.

Still, huge mistake aside, I do hope you all enjoyed the game. I definitely would like to do every post-reset over again, of course, but that won't happen.

And again, thanks to all of you who stayed with the game after the reset!

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”