Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Weather Mafia II (GAME OVER)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Weather Mafia II: Grey Skies

MODERATOR'S NOTE:
Due to the crash, the original game thread no longer exists. Due to the efforts of several of my players (and Scummers in general), the ENTIRE game thread can be found at one of the following links:
PLEASE
take the time to download the .rar file so you can read/review the game as necessary. All "game scenes" will be reposted for summary. If you have any questions or concerns, or if you are unable to find, download, or view the game for any reason, please contact me ASAP so we can work something out.
Please note that links contained in the files will
NOT
work, as the referenced posts no longer exist.

Players:
Moderator:
Glork
Back-up Moderators:
TheButtonmen, RichardGHP
Reviewed by:
Chamber, empking

Weathering the Storm (4/20):
  1. Amrun
  2. Tierce
  3. kuribo
  4. Benmage

Under the Weather (16/20):
  • xRECKONERx (Miss Cleo, Organic, Mafia Cop) -- Cut to Pieces Day One
  • BBmolla (Crazy Harry, Organic, Scumbag Henchman) -- Lynched Day One
  • snifit (Dr. No, Cyborg, Town No-Sun Doctor) -- Killed Night One
  • UberNinja (Johnny Five, Machine, Town Doublevoter) -- Modkilled Day Two
  • Katsuki (BioHazard, Machine, Scumbag Annihilator) -- Killed Night Two
  • hasdgfas (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Two
  • singersigner (Inspector Gadget, Cyborg, Town Cop) -- Killed Night Two
  • Staeg
    (replaces Nuwen N1, who replaced valacirca D1, who replaced Korts D1)
    (Stephen Fry, Organic, Town Villager) -- Lynched Day Three
  • Yosarian2 (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three
  • kondi2424
    (replaces MattP D2)
    (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three
  • Fate
    (replaces SaintKerrigan D1)
    (Metal Sonic, Machine, Mafia Goon) -- Lynched Day Four
  • Porochaz (Chicken Little, Organic, Town Cloud-Covered Doomsayer) -- Lynched Day Five
  • Shadoweh
    (replaces farside22 D1)
    (Frederick Barbarossa, Organic, Town Villager) -- Lynched Day Six
  • Untrod Tripod (C-3PO, Machine, Town Fair-Weather Neighbor Searcher) Assassinated Night Six
  • Thestatusquo (???, ???, ???) -- Lynched Day Seven
  • DrippingGoofball
    (replaces Blackberry N1)
    (EV-9D9, Machine, Scumbag Roleblocker) -- Lynched Day Eight

Game Summary:

Pre-game: Memories
Day One: Original Content || Director's Cut || The Electric Mayhemp
GAME REBOOT (Pre-Night One): Exit Sandman
Day Two: Let's Do the Time Warp Again || kondi2424 replaces MattP || UberNinja Modkill
Day Three: Ethereal Presence || Bad Mafia Puns
Day Four: Diary of an Android || A Matter of Perspective
Day Five: That Awkward Moment || The Antiglork
Day Six: Dungeons and Dragons || Little Man
Day Seven: The Plot Thickens... || Conflict
Day Eight: Voided Warranty | Deus ex
mith
ina

Postagme: Epilogue

Current Status:
The game has ended. The
TOWN
has won.
Last edited by Glork on Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 43 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Glork »

GAME RULES

1. Have fun, and be courteous to your fellow players and the moderator. This is, and always should be, Rule #1.
  2. Play to win the game.
  3. All votes must be in
    bold
    in the format
    Vote: Glork
    , or using VOTE: Vote Tags. To move your vote, you do not have to
    Unvote
    /UNVOTE: , but it is always appreciated.
  4. A majority of votes is required by the players to lynch. The number of players alive, and number of votes needed to lynch will be posted in each vote count and will always be in the first post.
  5. You may VOTE: No Lynch if you wish to end the day without a lynch.
  6. Once a lynch (or no lynch) has occured, no changes in votes or pleas for suvival will be accepted.
  7. Days will last no longer than
    two weeks
    from the start of day. Extensions totaling up to one additonal week might be given upon request, depending on game circumstances, such as the need for replacements.
  8. If no majority has been reached by deadline, the day will end with
    No Lynch
  9. Once you have been killed, you are dead. You may make one "bah" post, but do
    NOT
    under any circumstances post any game-relevant information or opinions. Players who are lynched may continue to talk up until their lynch scene has been posted.
  10. You may not edit or delete any posts. You may not use "invisible" text, text below
    (Small)
    font,
    tags, or any other "hidden" text.[*]You may not communicate with any other player, living or dead, unless specifically stated by your role PM. A Graveyard QuickTopic will be provided by the moderator upon your death.[*]You may not quote any out-of-thread communications, such as Role PMs or chat logs. If you feel a paraphrase might break this rule, feel free to contact the Moderator before posting.[*]Night actions must be submitted by the date and time posted at end-of-day. Nights will last a minimum of 24 hours and a maximum of 72 hours.[*]
    If you anticipate being unavailable for more than 48 hours, please post a notice to that effect in the thread.
    V/LA which is posted in-thread (or PMed to the Mod during night) will not count against activity requirements.[*]
    The Proxy Rule:
    To facilitate gameplay during periods of inactivity, you may Proxy your vote to another player during your V/LA. If you would like to proxy your vote to Player X, simply post
    Proxy: Player X
    when you post your V/LA. Player X will be able to move your vote as though it were their own for the duration of your V/LA. I WILL be monitoring Proxy use and reserve the right to rescind this rule for one or more players if I feel it is being abused. A player with a proxy vote may post:
    Glork Votes: Player X
    to distinguish between their own vote and that of their proxy.[*]Proxy votes do NOT carry over into the next day. If you have proxied your vote to someone, your vote will return to your control when the day ends, even if you are still on V/LA.[*]Out Of Character (OOC) text is reserved solely for Moderator use, in the event I feel I need to edit another player's post. Do not use this font.[*]Players who do not post for
    72 consecutive hours
    are subject to a modprod. A player then has 48 more hours to pick up their prod before they are replaced. Players who are prodded more than
    three
    times over the course of two full day/night cycles will be replaced outright. Additional prods may be issued upon player request. As indicated in Rule 14, exceptions will be made for V/LA posted in-thread.[*]No set of rules can be all-encompassing. I reserve the right to replace or modkill any player for any reason, at any time. However, I try to be extremely reasonable and prefer to resort to forced replacement and modkills as an absolute last resort. If you follow Rules 1 and 2, chances are you will not have to worry about this rule. You may ALWAYS contact me or a Back-Up Mod with any questions or concerns related to this game, its mods, or its players.

All protown players have the following win condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player is alive.

All scum players have the following win condition:
You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population, or if this scenario becomes inevitable.

Other roles may have other win conditions. There are no lynchers, jesters, or cults in this game.

Below is a sample Vanilla Townie PM:
Name:
Token
Role:
Town Villager
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Token, the sole black child living in South Park. You stand out as a parody of "token black guys" everywhere, but are otherwise powerless. You have only your voice and your vote.
Win Condition:
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one protown player is alive.

Please take some time to carefully review the game rules and mechanics, and then confirm your role via PM.
Last edited by Glork on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:02 pm

Post by Glork »

Weather Conditions

Each day and each night will have a weather condition associated with it. These weather conditions may have an effect on general game mechanics and/or individual roles. I will forecast the current phase's weather condition in addition to the weather for the two upcoming phases in the game's opening post and in each Lynch Scene and Night Scene. The possible weather conditions are as follows:

Sunny
-- The air is warm, the birds are chirping... life is good.
No universal effect during Sunny conditions.

Cloudy
-- It is overcast. Nice and cool, but not the best time to go to the beach or do some stargazing...
No universal effect during Cloudy conditions.

Heat Advisory
-- It is blistering hot outside! Stay cool.
The lynch threshold is reduced by one during days under a Heat Advisory.

Snowy
-- It's snowing! Everything is beautiful outside. Enjoy it while it lasts.
No universal effect during Snowy conditions.

Blizzard
-- It's a whiteout! You can't see a thing in front of you.
No actions may be taken during a Blizzard. Identities of those killed during a Blizzard are not revealed.

Rainy
-- CAUTION: SLIPPERY WHEN WET
No universal effect during Rainy periods.

Thunderstorm
-- Thunder and lightning crash in the background... Scary!
No universal effect during Thunderstorms.

Foggy
-- The thick fog gives off a gloomy air...
Identites of those killed during Foggy periods are not revealed.

Windy
-- The winds are high. Hold on to your hat!
No universal effect during Windy conditions.

Night
-- The sky is clear, and the moon is out. Spooky!
No universal effect during Night conditions.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Memories

Glork looked across the study, where his companion sat silently watching him read.

Keira did this every evening, ever since Glork had "rescued" her from Mr. Grey. It didn't bother him. Sometimes Glork liked to think that she admired him or found him pleasing to look at, but he knew better than to expect such emotions out of an android. Most nights Glork just hoped she didn't harbor any programming loyalties to that blasted Mr. Grey. But tonight, he wanted more. Glork set down his book.

"Keira, darling, do you enjoy being here?"

"My directive is to serve as you see fit."

"So if I were to ask you to kill the President, would yoU?"

"Do you wish me to kill the President, sir?"

"Heavens, no. That would spark such talk around here. And we wouldn't want political discussion on an Internet forum. And for the last time, call me Glork."

"Yes, Gaspar."

Glork frowned. He never did get that bug sorted out. And that moniker... Gaspar... Glork closed his eyes and tried to think back through the foggy haze of his past. Keira sat silently, watching him.

Seconds, minutes, maybe even hours later, Glork's eyes snapped open. His novel forgotten, Glork grabbed his favorite pen and a notepad, and wrote down two names: "AUGUSTE MAQUET. OGEDEI KHAN." These names meant something. These people meant something. Glork looked up at Keira, who was watching him silently. The android meant something, too. Glork handed the notepad to her.

"Keira, do either of these people have any significance to you? Should they have any significance to me?"

"Ogedei Khan was involved in the Weather Mafia Incident. Auguste Maquet was a mere alias for you, Gaspar, in the Dantes in Fresno Incident. He never existed."

Weather Mafia. Dantes in Fresno. Mr. Grey. Keira.

mith.

Glork tore off the sheet with Maquet and Ogedei and wrote twenty more lines on a new piece of paper.

"Keira, round up everything and everyone I have written down here, and have them brought to my estate. I mean to get my glorking gun back from mith. Or Mr. Grey. Or whomever. To do it, we're going to need another Weather Mafia Incident." Smiling, Glork reached up and touched a hand to her cold, smooth cheek. "And you, my darling, are going to help me." Glork laughed to himself.

"Yes, Gaspar."

As Keira rose to exit the room, Glork fell silent and watched her go.

Role PMs have been sent. Day One will start once 17/20 players have confirmed or 48 hours have passed, whichever happens first.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Original Content

"Welcome to the main event."

You find yourself sitting on a bench in a large courtyard. Looking around, you see a handful of others who have found themselves in a courtyard just like yours. What a crazy, random happenstance. As the fog in your mind clears, you realize it's not a mere coincidence. The others around you are in the exact same courtyard, though oddly none of them appear to be in conversation. They are all, like you, sitting silently, equally bewildered. Each individual is wearing a long, androgynous robe, a simple black mask, and a gold chain with an engraved name tag attached to it.

"It's so good to see you fully functional again. Again, welcome, dear guests. I hope your arrival here has not inconvenienced you too greatly. You may be suffering some slight amnesia. This is an unfortunate necessity; don't worry, it will wear off soon. In the meantime, if you would help yourself to your choice of drink, we will begin shortly."

A man stands at a wooden podium before you and the other "guests." He also wears a robe and black mask, and his name tag shows a single name: GLORK. As Glork turns to leave, a slender, attractive, almost-too-perfect figure approaches him and whispers something into his ear. You strain to hear Glork's response.

"I don't know, I've never done this before. This isn't exactly my, er... 'thing.' Fine, fine. I'll get things started."

"Ahem. Allow me to introduce myself properly -- or rather, as properly as I can under the circumstances. You may call me Glork. This is, of course, a pseudon--oh, crap." Slapping a palm to his forehead, Glork continues. "No matter. I have brought you to my home because you are all in grave danger."

As he says the word danger, you hear a feeble pop. A wisp of smoke trails from the podium in front of Glork. Through the eyeholes in Glork's mask, you see his brow furrow. He mutters something, then draws a gun from his robe and points it towards you and the other guests. After a moment's hesitation, Glork fires. A figure falls forward, as everyone else backs away. Casually, the almost-too-perfect woman kneels next to the corpse, removes its gold chain, and hands it to Glork.

"This, my most beloved guests, was a Very Evil Man. He may have looked like an innocent bystander, but he was but one of several who pose a threat to your very survival. We must not allow other people's limited perceptions to define us. There are those among you who want you dead."

At Glork's words, a chorus of chatter echoes through the courtyard.

"So, what to do, what to do. Before you is a large maple tree. I have tied a noose to it. I would suggest that you search out the evil souls among you and bring them to justice. You may very well save your own life -- or at least you will have the satisfaction of going to your death with the satisfaction of knowing that you stood up to those who would harm you. And so, I leave you to it. Should you have need of me, my assistant, Keira, will be able to summon me. I wish you all the best of luck."

As Glork turns to leave, Keira approaches him and whispers something into his ear. Sighing heavily, Glork returns to the podium.

"Right, one more thing. You'll notice the oppressively hot weather. In order to obfuscate our current location, I have... commandeered... a device from a dear, old, possibly decesased friend. I will be simulating various weather conditions throughout your time here to make your stay a little more interesting, and hopefully a little more comfortable, and to provide certain safeguards against greater evils. Keira will always have the current and upcoming Weather Forecast available to you. So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye."

You watch Glork leave and turn your attention to your fellow guests, who are already beginning to eye each other suspiciously, and Keira, who is posting information on a conveniently placed whiteboard next to the maple tree.

A Very Evil Man -- Not-So-Innocent Bystander? -- Killed During Pre-Game

Weather Forecast:

Day One -- Heat Advisory

Night One -- Night

Day Two -- Thunderstorms

It is now Day One. With 20 alive and a Heat Advisory, it takes 10 to lynch.
The current deadline is set for February 27, at 8:00pm EST.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Post by Glork »

Director's Cut

As the day wears on and heated debates crop up amongst the guests, one guest slips unnoticed away from the others towards Keira.

"It's time. xRECKONERx needs to die."

"Acknowledged. I will provide a sufficient diversion for you. And I will notify Glork immediately so that he may bear witness."

"So. I see we have our first death. I do hope you'll forgive the smoke bombs. Shortly after I... recieved you guests, I realized that some of you may weild extraordinary powers, so the distraction was necessary."

Hacking and coughing guests, tears streaming down their eyes, gather around near the base of the maple tree. Glork and Keira stand above one of the guests, whose nameplate reads xRECKONERx. Much to their dismay, the guest is no more, his body slashed and sliced and left in a pool of blood. Glork snatches up xRECKONERx's gold necklace with a pair of rather ornate-looking black gloves, and begins to rub his fingers on the nameplate. A moment later, Glork speaks again.

"Well. It would appear that whomever committed this act has found another very evil man. Or woman. As it turns out, our esteeemed guest was one of those trying to murder the rest of you. I'm so glad you're taking this matter seriously. But that noose is still calling someone's name. Do try to wrap this up as soon as possible. I do hate long good-byes."

xRECKONERx (Miss Cleo, Organic, Mafia Cop) -- Cut to Pieces Day One
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #6 (isolation #6) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Glork »

The Electric Mayhemp

As the day winds down, and Keira brings a light supper to the courtyard, the raucous mob of degenerates eventually settles on giving BBMolla the noose.

"...but no. You can't lynch me! I'm Animal! I'm just an innocent villager!"

But, everyone decides, that is simply preposterous. Animal couldn't string together a coherent sentence. Keira finishes tallying the "Vote Count" on her Convenient White Board, and signals Glork, who enters the courtyard with a flourish.

"The first hand has been played, I see. BBMolla, do you have any last words before your life is unceremoniously ended?"

BBMolla glares at Glork defiantly.

"No? Well then, that's that. The curtain falls on your final performance. Keira, the name plate.... Oh. Oh, dear. Mm, this does not look good at all."

The guests exchanged worried glances.

"It turns out, BBMolla was not Animal at all. He was Crazy Harry, and apparently he was also out to kill you. No matter. I suppose we'll just have to make do. Keira, show our guests to their bedrooms. Make sure they have every comfort, and then meet me in my study. Guests, we shall reconvene at 7:00 in the morning. Until then, I bid you good night."

The guests filter out of the courtyard, followed by Glork. As Glork shuts the door behind him, several small, shadowy figures emerge from their hiding places around the courtyard and converge around BBMolla's lifeless form. They immediately set to work retrieving BBMolla from the noose as a horrid screeching sound can be heard in the distant night.

BBMolla (Crazy Harry, Organic, Scumbag Henchman) -- Lynched Day One

It is now Night One. Night actions are due via PM by Monday, February 27, at 11:00am EST.

Weather Forecast

Night One -- Night

Day Two -- Thunderstorms

Night Two -- Thunderstorms
Last edited by Glork on Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #7 (isolation #7) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Exit Sandman

Glork woke with a start. He looked around his bedchamber. Something was very, very wrong. It was night time, but not especially late. Glork rubbed his eyes and grunted towards the android which sat by his bed, watching over him.

"Gaspar, you have awoken."

"Keira. What happened? What time is it?"

"0007 hours. Eastern Standard Time."

"Hnng. So night is just... wait. What day is it?"

"March 8, 2012."

That can't be right.

It couldn't be March. it couldn't be 2012. What happened to the past three months of his life? What happened to his efforts to find mith and his glorking gun? What happened to his guests? Glork was fairly certain he hadn't brought any time travelers into the fold this time around. At least, he didn't think so.

Am I dreaming?

Glork fumbled around in the darkness, searching for the light switch. Flipping it on, he squinted at the sudden burst of light assaulting his vision. The necklaces. If he could just find xRECKONERx's and BBMolla's necklaces, he would know this was real. Or that he was still in the dream.

What
happened
?

Glork couldn't remember. He couldn't remember where the last two months had gone any more than he could remember being Gaspar, going to San Fransisco, or losing his glorking gun. He couldn't remember where mith had gone. He couldn't remember who Mr. Grey was. He couldn't remember how Keira came to be in his service. But he had to find the necklaces. Everything would come back if he could just find the necklaces.

Aha!

Glork spotted his robe piled in the corner of his room. He snatched it up, and spotted glimmering chains lying beneath a pair of rough, purple gloves. Feeling a bit more grounded, Glork tried to remember again.

The guests...

He had to do something about the guests. If everything was real, then his remaining guests were here. Yes. Glork would start from there. He would check on all of his guests, and piece together his memories. And then he would find mith.

"Keira, please deliver the following message to each of my guests..."

I will be sending confirmation PMs shortly. Players who do not respond to their PMs within 72 hours will be subject to replacement (temporary or permanent). Please bear with me while I try to reboot the game. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me via PM. Thanks in advance for your patience, and I'm really looking forward to getting the game up and running again.

Again, a complete game archive can be found here: http://www.mediafire.com/?1mzacytomk3ih9c
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #8 (isolation #8) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:39 pm

Post by Glork »

Reboot Confirmation PMs have been sent. I will bold names from the playerlist as I recieve them. Players who do not confirm their participation in 72 hours will be replaced (along with anybody who chooses not to continue).

A quick note: I will resume the game at the START of Night One. All N1 role actions will have to be sent to me, even if you had sent them before the crash.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #9 (isolation #9) » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Another Note:
No interaction/communication between players is allowed whatsoever during this period.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #10 (isolation #10) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Yet another note:
A couple of people have messaged me indicating that they are unable to download the game from mediafire for various reasons. If you are unable to download the game file, please PM me an email address where I can send you said file. In other news, I expect to have the game up and running within 48 hours.

Thanks,
Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #11 (isolation #11) » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:44 pm

Post by Glork »

All players have now confirmed. It is now Night One. The deadline for submitting night choices is Thursday, March 15, at 9:00pm EDT. If there are enough requests for an extension, I am willing to extend Night One by another 24 hours.

As always, if you have any questions, please contact me via Private Message.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #12 (isolation #12) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:18 am

Post by Glork »

Let's Do the Time Warp Again

Shortly after dawn, seventeen yawning, shivering guests gathered in the courtyard. Owing to the tremendous thunderstorm that morning, a rather unreasonably large circus tent had been erected overnight, along with two smaller tents elsewhere in the courtyard.

"I have good news and bad news. The good news is that I was able to confirm everybody's continued existence after the bizarre time warp that caused rampant amnesia among us. I assure you, this time I was not responsible for any forgotten memories, lost loved ones, newly discovered loved ones, vomiting, nausea, sudden mood swings, or thoughts of depression or suicide. The bad news is, one of you did not survive the night. Poor snifit, who was trained as a Doctor, was brutally murdered in his sleep. But let this not deter you from finding your enemies and rooting them out! I assure you all, you remain in very capable hands."

Several guests shifted uncomfortably in their seats, as Keira crossed snifit's name off the guest list.

"Now," Glork continued, his mood lightening considerably, "for those of you who found and responded to the questionnaire on what you'd like for breakfast today, I am pleased to announced that Ham and Eggs won by a narrow margin over Flesh of the Innocent. My assistants have cooked up a delightful breakfast for you. It will be under the tent off to your left. Please, feel free to mingle and get to know one another. I find that making acquaintances over a hot breakfast is one of life's greatest, yet simplest pleasures. And if you care to discuss who to lynch next, I'm not one to put a damper on your morning. Goodness knows this rain has undoubtedly done the trick. If you have need of me, I shall be observing from my bedroom balcony. I have some urgent matters to attend to. Several guests complained about certain grinding and whirring noises overnight, and I intend to get to the bottom of this mess so I can provide you with the most comfortable accommodations."

At that, Glork scowled and muttered something, and stormed out of the courtyard. You thought you could make out exactly one word -- or name. "Ether."

snifit (Dr. No, Cyborg, Town No-Sun Doctor) -- Killed Night One

With 17 alive, it will take 9 to lynch. Deadline is set for Friday, March 30, at 6:30pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Two -- Thunderstorms

Day Three -- Sunny
Last edited by Glork on Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #26 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:20 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.1

singersigner 3 (Shadoweh, UberNinja, Benmage)
Shadoweh 1 (Untrod Tripod)
Amrun 1 (Fate)

Not Voting 12 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, DrippingGoofball, Amrun, Thestatusquo, Yosarian2, Katsuki, Tierce, singersigner, kuribo, MattP, Staeg)

MODERATOR'S NOTE: I did not count MattP's vote in , as apple_singer is not in this game.
With 17 alive, it will take 9 to lynch. Deadline is set for Friday, March 30, at 6:30pm EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #56 (isolation #14) » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:57 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.2

singersigner 4 (Shadoweh, UberNinja, Benmage, MattP)
Amrun 1 (Fate)

Not Voting 11 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, DrippingGoofball, Amrun, Thestatusquo, Yosarian2, Katsuki, Tierce, singersigner, kuribo, Staeg)

Last edited by Glork on Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #199 (isolation #15) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.3

singersigner 2 (Shadoweh, MattP)
Katsuki 2 (Yosarian2, Benmage)
Staeg 2 (DrippingGoofball, UberNinja)
Amrun 2 (Fate, Tierce
kuribo 1 (Amrun)

Not Voting 7 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, Katsuki, singersigner, kuribo, Staeg)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #276 (isolation #16) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:35 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.4

Amrun 4 (Fate, Tierce, singersigner, Untrod Tripod)
singersigner 1 (MattP)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
Shadoweh 1 (Staeg)

Not Voting 6 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, Katsuki, kuribo, Shadoweh)

Katsuki is on V/LA until March 22.
Last edited by Glork on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #298 (isolation #17) » Tue Mar 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Post by Glork »

Tierce asked me to remove a post that was posted in the wrong thread. I probably should have made a note on that. My apologies.

-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #309 (isolation #18) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.5

Amrun 5 (Fate, Tierce, singersigner, Untrod Tripod, kuribo)
singersigner 1 (MattP)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
Shadoweh 1 (Staeg)

Not Voting 6 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, Katsuki, Shadoweh)

Last edited by Glork on Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #329 (isolation #19) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:24 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.6

Amrun 6 (Fate, Tierce, singersigner, Untrod Tripod, kuribo, Staeg)
Katsuki 3 (Yosarian2, Benmage, Shadoweh)
singersigner 1 (MattP)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)

Not Voting 4 (Porochaz, hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, Katsuki)

Prods are going out to Porochaz and hasdgfas, who have not posted since Day started. However, due to the slow start post-crash, I'm not counting this against their activity requirements.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #350 (isolation #20) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.7

Amrun 6 (Fate, Tierce, singersigner, Untrod Tripod, kuribo, Staeg)
singersigner 1 (MattP)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
UberNinja 1 (Porochaz)

Not Voting 3 (hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, Katsuki)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #403 (isolation #21) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:00 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.8

Amrun 6 (Fate, Tierce, singersigner, Untrod Tripod, Staeg, Katsuki)
UberNinja 1 (Porochaz, Amrun)
singersigner 1 (MattP)

Not Voting 3 (hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, kuribo)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #482 (isolation #22) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.9

Amrun 4 (Fate, Untrod Tripod, Staeg, Katsuki)
Staeg 4 (DrippingGoofball, UberNinja, singersigner, shadoweh)
UberNinja 3 (Porochaz, Amrun, Tierce)
singersigner 1 (MattP)

Not Voting 3 (hasdgfas, Thestatusquo, kuribo)

Searching for a replacement for MattP.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #483 (isolation #23) » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Glork »

kondi2424 replaces MattP, effective immediately.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #501 (isolation #24) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:18 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.10

UberNinja 5 (Porochaz, Amrun, Tierce, Untrod Tripod, kuribo)
Amrun 3 (Fate, Staeg, Katsuki)
singersigner 1 (MattP)

Not Voting 2 (hasdgfas, Thestatusquo)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #545 (isolation #25) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:43 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.11

UberNinja 8 (Porochaz, Amrun, Tierce, Untrod Tripod, kuribo, Staeg, kondi2424, hasdgfas)
Amrun 2 (Fate, Katsuki)

Not Voting 1 (Thestatusquo)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #557 (isolation #26) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 2.12

UberNinja 8 (Porochaz, Amrun, Tierce, Untrod Tripod, kuribo, Staeg, kondi2424, hasdgfas)
Amrun 2 (Fate, Katsuki)

Not Voting 1 (Thestatusquo)

UberNinja has been warned for his and .
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #613 (isolation #27) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:19 pm

Post by Glork »

Modkill.

Sometimes a moderator has to do things he really doesn't want to do for the sake of a game's integrity. "Don't quote your role PM" has always been a base rule, with a fine line between "paraphrasing" and "quoting" one's role. Unfortunately, when a player quotes not only entire phrases, but the exact same punctuation character-for-character, he crosses that line. After seeking a second and third opinion from my backup moderator and another experienced moderator, we've come to the conclusion that I am forced to modkill UberNinja for quoting his role PM. Note the following phrases:

UberNinja wrote:During Thunderstormy days, I will "short circuit" (pun fully intended), and can't use my second vote.

UberNinja's Role PM wrote:However, during Thunderstormy days, you will "short circuit" (pun fully intended) and be unable to use your second vote.

UberNinja (Johnny Five, Machine, Town Doublevoter) -- Modkilled Day Two

It is now Night Two. Night choices are due by Wednesday, March 28, at 11:30pm EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #614 (isolation #28) » Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:23 pm

Post by Glork »

Also...
Weather Forecast:

Day Three -- Sunny

Night Three - Foggy
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #615 (isolation #29) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Glork »

Ethereal Presence

Glork stepped into his suite and plopped down in an armchair. Rubbing his face, he reflected upon the day. Though he didn't really want to glork one of his guests, in the quiet solace of his private chambers, he had to admit to himself that it felt pretty good after all this time. He couldn't help but laugh. He felt that everything was going according to plan. Create enough ruckuss, and eventually mith would take notice.

Like he had been doing every night, Glork closed his eyes and reached back into the murky depths of his memories. He knew that after Thok's failed Glork-in-a-Can product line, the glorking gun had been designed as a manner of allowing other people to glork as they saw fit to dispense justice among the MafiaScum population. A prototype had been developed, and then, somehow, everything went wrong. Every time Glork tried to recall the period of his life surrounding the disappearance of the glorking gun, he found himself waking up hours later in a cold sweat, gasping for breath.

Glork sighed heavily. He was wasting another night trying to find answers within himself, when perhaps he needed to be extracting answers from somebody else. Keira, as exquisite a piece of machinery as she was, didn't have any answers for him. If anything, she brought more questions. She went unused by Mr. Grey throughout the California Trilogy, but she also appeared to be fully functional. Every other android of Mr. Grey's malfunctioned and had to be replaced. Was Keira the last android? Was she kept out of sight becuase she didn't provide enough comic relief? Did she even fit in with the loss of the glorking gun and his own memories?

Where to turn? MafiaScum had evolved in his absence. Its lore featured so many new faces, so many integral and infamous characters, but could any of them really be of any help? And just as Glork was getting reacquainted with everything around him, the mysterious Lord of the Eleventh Hour had gone and completely broken the time-space continuum for his own nefarious purposes.

Glork looked up and squinted. Dawn already? Damn it all. He had just wasted another night worrying. He stood and prepared to dress for the day. One of his maids shuffled by.

Whirrrrrr.

Glork's eyes snapped open.

"I know you're there. And I want to talk."

A young woman rose unsteadily from where she had been hiding in the bushes outside Glork's window. She met Glork's gaze through the one-inch bulletproof glass that kept Glork safe. In place of one arm, the woman had been fitted with a vacuum. Glork could see the panic in her eyes as she realized the weight of her discovery. The woman gasped and darted off.

"Keira, get her!"

Moments later, Glork sat at his desk, his work stashed away. His fingers drummed a slow and steady rhythm as he stared down the woman seated across from him.

"It's been a long time, Ether. Three years to the day, if my memory serves me correctly. Tell me, dear. How may I be of service to you?"

"Glork will be unable to attend to the first part of your discussions this morning due to a pressing engagement. He has requested that I inform you of the night's occurrances. Breakfast will be served shortly."

Without another word, Keira began writing on the courtyard whiteboard. Several guests snickered and whispered to each other.

"She's got no personality."
"Yeah, but she's a pretty little thing."
"I wonder where Glork is?"
"Probably didn't want to make a fool of himself again today."
"Shut up, the deaths have been posted."
"It's about time!"

Katsuki (BioHazard, Machine, Scumbag Annihilator) - Killed Night Two

hasdgfas (???, ???, ???) - Killed Night Two

singersigner (Inspector Gadget, Cyborg, Town Cop) - Killed Night Two

It is now Day Three. With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Weather Forecast:

Day Three - Sunny

Night Three - Foggy

Day Four - Sunny
Last edited by Glork on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #618 (isolation #30) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:15 pm

Post by Glork »

An error relating to Glork's alleged color-blindness has been corrected.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #637 (isolation #31) » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:25 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 3.1

kuribo 2 (Amrun, Fate)

Not Voting: 11 (Porochaz, Shadoweh, DrippingGoofball, Thestatusquo, Yosarian2, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, kuribo, Benmage, kondi2424, Staeg)

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline is set for Thursday, April 12, at 1:00am EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #654 (isolation #32) » Fri Mar 30, 2012 7:54 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 3.2

kuribo 2 (Amrun, Fate)
Staeg 2 (Benmage, DrippingGoofball)
Porochaz 1 (Yosarian2)

Not Voting: 8 (Porochaz, Shadoweh, Thestatusquo, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, kuribo, kondi2424, Staeg)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #676 (isolation #33) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:15 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 3.3

Staeg 5 (Benmage, DrippingGoofball, Fate, Tierce, kondi2424)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
Porochaz 1 (Yosarian2)
Shadoweh 1 (Staeg)

Not Voting: 5 (Porochaz, Shadoweh, Thestatusquo, Untrod Tripod, kuribo)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #725 (isolation #34) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:44 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 3.4

Staeg 5 (Benmage, DrippingGoofball, Fate, kondi2424, Untrod Tripod)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
Porochaz 1 (Yosarian2)
Shadoweh 1 (Staeg)

Not Voting: 5 (Porochaz, Shadoweh, Thestatusquo, kuribo, Tierce)

Last edited by Glork on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #754 (isolation #35) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:40 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 3.5

Staeg 6 (Benmage, DrippingGoofball, Fate, kondi2424, Untrod Tripod, kuribo)
kuribo 1 (Amrun)
Porochaz 1 (Yosarian2)
Shadoweh 1 (Staeg)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Not Voting: 3 (Porochaz, Shadoweh, Tierce)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #822 (isolation #36) » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:46 am

Post by Glork »

Bad Mafia Puns

"...and you came to see if I had any knowledge of the whereabouts of mith. Even though you don't trust me."

"Lord Mith was nowhere to be found, and the chip... it wouldn't stop
ringing
... and I needed you, and you vanished without so much as a word. And there's been nothing since then. NOTHING. The chip has gone silent. Something in the back of my head told me to infiltrate your manor. I don't know what, or why. A Mafia player's intuition, perhaps."

"Call it gut."

Ether glared at Glork.

"Alright, alright. No more bad Mafia puns. Your
intuition
has served you well. I recently had an experience myself. I've begun to remember things. I remember that Keira belonged to the mysterious Mr. Grey, and I'm sure that Mr. Grey and mith are somehow linked. I know that after Thok's failed Glork-in-a-Can endeavor, the prototype glorking gun was developed. Somehow, it got out of my hands. Lost, or stolen. I don't know. But I'm certain that mith has it. So I'm going to go get it."

"Is that what this lynch mob is all about?"

"In a way. I'm seeking to attract his attention. When I first heard you whirring, I thought I had succeeded. I thought mith had sent you to do away with me. And to be completely and utterly frank, I'm not convinced that you're
not
here to do that."

"I know nothing of Lord Mith's whereabouts. We all moved on after his headquarters explo--" Ether clamped her mouth shut.

"WHAT?!?"

"You heard nothing."

Glork fought to keep from grinning. So mith's headquarters was gone. That was good. Except, he had to pin down where exactly mith was.

"Ether, if we're going to find mith, we're going to need to work together. I want my glorking gun back. You want... whatever it is you want. Answers. Closure. Something. I think we're going to have to set aside our differences if we're going to do this."

"Heh. Okay."

"Good. Now that that's settled, let's see how the guests are doing with their lynch."

With the type of uncommonly coincidental timing found only in poorly written stories, an uproar rose from the courtyard. Glork and Ether rushed out to see why. Everyone was gathered around the whiteboard, which had indicated that Staeg had been lynched. Indeed, Staeg's lifeless corpse was dangling from the tree. Glork spotted Keira and frowned. The android's head was pinned at an odd angle, and she was lurching back and forth. The android was clearly malfunctioning. This was a terrible thing to happen at a time like this.

Wait, no. This was wonderful. Keira's malfunctioning protocol had finally come into play. She was a properly functional android of Mr. Grey.

"Everyone, quiet down. Staeg was as he claimed. Now go to bed. I have work to do!"

The crowd grumbled at another day without pomp or circumstance, but soon dispersed. For a thick, dense fog had begun to roll in, and nobody wanted to be caught out alone that night.

Glork and Ether retrieved the android and made for Glork's workshop. In the foggy night, several figures once again set out to retrieve the lynchee.

Staeg (Stephen Fry, Organic, Town Villager) -- Lynched Day Three

It is now Night Three. Night actions are due by Saturday, April 7, at 11am EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Night Three - Foggy

Day Four - Sunny

Night Four - Snowy
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #823 (isolation #37) » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:48 am

Post by Glork »

Diary of an Android

Beep... beep... beep... beep...

SYSTEMS ONLINE.

VISUAL INPUT: NOMINAL.
AUDIO INPUT: NOMINAL.
HEAT INDEX: NOMINAL.

IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL: FUNCTIONAL.
COMBAT PROTOCOL: FUNCTIONAL.
LOGIC MATRIX: FUNCTIONAL.

PROTOCOL 74: ON STANDBY.

Bzzzzzzinnnng.

The time is 0620. I am in Gaspar's workshop. Gaspar and a cyborg female are standing on either side of me. Identification Protocol indicates that the female is named Ether, and is not hostile. Keira rifled through her memory banks. Ether was one of Mith's Minions. The cyborg had all but disappeared shortly after Mith did. Now she was going to look for Mith with Gaspar.

And with me.

Keira did not feel such human emotions as jealousy, but Gaspar's well-being was programmed to be one of Keira's top priorities. She would observe this Ether and ensure that the cyborg was not trying to double cross Gaspar.

"Glork, it looks like Keira's fully functional."

Glork.

UPDATING IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL. RENAME "GASPAR" TO "GLORK."

Better.

UPDATING IDENTIFICATION PROTOCOL. RENAME "GLORK" TO "GASPAR."

"Indeed, that would appear to be the case. It took all night, but I think I did a pretty good job on her. Keira, it's nearly dawn. Let's go see who survived the night."

"Yes, Gaspar."

Gaspar is frowning. Keira once tried to call him Master. He had insisted that she call him by another name. Another name....

"It seem someone certanly made life easy for us. Look."

Two dead bodies lay crumpled at the base of the courtyard's maple tree. Identification Protocol indicates that they are kondi2424 and Yosarian2.

"They used the fog to cover their tracks well. And to steal the necklaces around their victims. No matter. Keira, round up the survivors. They have some lynching to do."

kondi2424 (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three
Yosarian2 (???, ???, ???) -- Killed Night Three

It is now Day Four. With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 21 at 7:00pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Four - Sunny

Night Four - Snowy

Day Five - Windy
Last edited by Glork on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1006 (isolation #38) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 2:44 pm

Post by Glork »

Modertor's Note:
After reviewing the voting towards the end of day yesterday, I must note that Staeg never reached the required 7 votes to be lynched due to an error in tallying votes. However, I believe that the most reasonable course of action is to continue the game in its current state, in part because there isn't any fair or balanced way to go back and undo the end-of-day and night phases.

I sincerely apologize to the players for this error, and I apologize especially to Staeg.

I will provide a complete elaboration on this situation after the game's conclusion, but ultimately, I made a mistake. Again, I apologize.

A (perfectly accurate, I promise) vote count is forthcoming.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1011 (isolation #39) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:02 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 4.1

Fate 5 (Benmage, Amrun, kuribo, Thestatusquo, DrippingGoofball)
Amrun 1 (Fate)
Shadoweh 1 (Tierce)

Not Voting: 3 (Porochaz, Untrod Tripod, Shadoweh)

With 10 alive, it takes 6 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, April 21, at 7:00pm EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1037 (isolation #40) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 4.2

Fate 6 (Benmage, Amrun, kuribo, Thestatusquo, DrippingGoofball, Tierce)
Amrun 1 (Fate)

Not Voting: 3 (Porochaz, Untrod Tripod, Shadoweh)

Lynch scene coming up.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1038 (isolation #41) » Sun Apr 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Post by Glork »

A Matter of Perspective

"Do you ever wonder what happens to all of the secondary characters and extras in those stories you read and movies you watch?"

"You mean, like... the nameless henchmen? The various idiots who somehow wind up staffing the main villain's yacht or compound or flying his helicopter or whatever?"

"Yeah. How do they get roped into that stuff?"

"I don't know. I never really thought about it."

"Me neither. But I have a theory. See, one day they're just doing their thing, la-de-dah, strollin' down the sidewalk, you see? And then BAM! Some jackass comes outta nowhere and kidnaps them. Or bribes them. Or shows them a picture of their secret fetish for writing slashfic about members of a forum-based Mafia community. Yaknow? And then, see, they wake up and they're at some crazy manor, or in some secret base, yeah, and then before they know it they're doing some big shot's dirty work. And it's like, they don't even have a choice. You think those henchmen in those James Bond movies have a choice? Nah, man. They run for it, they get taken down. Disappear. Poof. Nobody ever hears from them again. It's like they don't exist. But those people? They got families, man. They gotta have homes, friends, maybe a girl, see? Maybe they gotta go along with it so that maybe, just maybe, they can make it out of this real-life movie with all their parts intact and go see their family and their friends. I feel for those people, man. They've got it tough."

"You think we're those hapless fools who got roped into something, don't you?"

"Well, we've spent the past three days deciding which among us we want to kill, while this idiot Glork here gallavants about with a bunch of characters most of us don't even know or care about. But what're we gonna do? This place is covered with cameras, and this weather is ridiclous. I thought about escaping, pal. But it ain't gonna happen."

"So, what do we do now?"

"Hell if I know. Lynch Fate?"

"Sure. Why not."

Fate (Metal Sonic, Machine, Mafia Goon) -- Lynched Day Four
. For reals.

It is now Night Four. Night chioces are due by Wednesday, April 11, at 10:30pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Night Four - Snowy

Day Five - Windy

Night Five - Night
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1039 (isolation #42) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:11 pm

Post by Glork »

That Awkward Moment

Glork stared in disbelief as nine guests milled about the courtyard. A fierce wind whipped their cloaks about them, giving each an air of mystery and danger. Glork held his own cloak wrapped tight around him, as he stood with Ether and Keira.

"What do you mean nobody died? How am I supposed to out mith when nobody dies?"

The android seemed to be trying to calculate a solution to his question. Glork waved his hands in front of her cold blue eyes. He turned to Ether and gave her a helpless look.

"Don't look at me. I can't even get my vacuum arm to work properly."

Glork sighed heavily. No matter. He'd figure something out. He'd lead the day. Morale had to be high after a peaceful night.

"Beloved guests!"

The guests let out a collective groan.

"I have wonderful news for you! As you can see--"

"Nobody died, but we still have to kill each other off. We know,
sir
."

Glork fought to quell the storm surging within his chest. Disdain among
his
guests? How could this be? He had taken every measure to ensure that they were afforded every luxury. Large, comfortable sleeping quarters. Lavish meals. The finest in rope technology. Maybe it was the weather. Maybe plucking Dr. Neo Cortex's weather machine off of his forgotten body during the original Weather Mafia incident and using it to re-live the glory days in a desperate attempt to catch the Mafia overlord's attention wasn't such a great idea. Glork was losing his audience. He had to do something drastic. Something unprecedented. Glork pulled out his phone and started typing away, muttering to himself.

"Dear Livejournal,
Today nobody died and everybody was mean to me. And I was trying to come up with something to..."

"Uh, Glork?"

Glork looked up. The courtyard had gone deathly silent, and every single person was staring at him, except Keira, who was still trying to calculate mith's whereabouts.

"Erm... I... You saw nothing. You heard nothing. If word of this gets out to anybody, I will hunt you down to the ends of the world and torture you until you wish you HADN'T seen or heard anything. Do I make myself clear? Yes? Now hurry up and kill somebody, before I take it upon myself to do so."

Nobody died Night Four. It is now Day Five. With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, April 26, at 12:15a EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Five - Windy

Night Five - Night

Day Six - Snowy
Last edited by Glork on Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1131 (isolation #43) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 5.1

Tierce 1 (Amrun)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)
Untrod Tripod 1 (Shadoweh)

Not voting: 6 (Porochaz, DrippingGoofball, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, kuribo, Benmage)

9 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Thursday, April 26, 12:15am EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1187 (isolation #44) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:10 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 5.2

Tierce 1 (Amrun)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)
Porochaz 1 (Benmage)

Not voting: 5 (Porochaz, DrippingGoofball, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, kuribo)

Last edited by Glork on Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:35 am, edited 2 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1256 (isolation #45) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:39 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 5.3

Porochaz 3 (Benmage, Untrod Tripod, Amrun)
Amrun 2 (Thestatusquo, Porochaz)

Not voting: 3 (DrippingGoofball, kuribo, Tierce)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1309 (isolation #46) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:27 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 5.4

Porochaz 3 (Benmage, Untrod Tripod, Tierce)
Amrun 2 (Thestatusquo, Porochaz)

Not voting: 3 (DrippingGoofball, kuribo, Amrun)

Shadoweh's V/LA has been noted.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1319 (isolation #47) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 5.5

Porochaz 5 (Benmage, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, Thestatusquo, DrippingGoofball)
Amrun 1 (Porochaz)

Not voting: 2 (kuribo, Amrun)

Shadoweh's V/LA has been noted.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1320 (isolation #48) » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:16 pm

Post by Glork »

The Antiglork

As the day wound down, Glork found it difficult to concentrate. His efforts to draw out mith had begun to take their toll. Glork grew more weary more quickly. His face was more sullen, his voice horase. He was constantly distracted. He'd completely forgotten about Keira getting stuck that morning. Fortunately, Ether's experience with her own vacuum arm had proven invaluable in that regards. But none of that mattered.

Glork knew he was on the verge of a breakthrough. He could feel it on the stiff northerly wind. Something big was about to happen.

"And that's a lynch! Glork, get your lazy ass over here!"

"Huh? What? Oh. Right."

Glork walked up to the old tree, where Porochaz was fitted with the noose and standing on a chair. In one swift motion, Glork snatched the necklace off of Porochaz's neck and yanked the chair out from under the condemned man's feet. Glork's eyes narrowed, and he flashed the remaining eight guests a sinister grin.

"Porochaz was Chicken Little. Though his heart was small and weak and cowardly, it was nonetheless very pure. Be gone. I shall send for you in the morning, assuming you survive the night."

The guests left the courtyard, and Glork plopped down on the chair.

"I don't like this," Ether said. "You're plotting something."

"Plot? Me? Never. But I know something's going to happen. Keira, how is that search of recent mith loyalists coming along? It's been, what, two days? You must have some results for me."

"Yes, Gaspar. There are two individuals who might lead us to mith. One is a woman who goes by DarlaBlueEyes. She was recently spotted at the 2011 Scummies ceremony, where she stabbed some crew members and attacked mith. She may still be seeking him out."

"No, I heard she got detained. She's probably been blasted into a billion tiny pieces. Who else do you have?"

"The other is described as a 'raving luantic.' A man by the moniker scotmany12. Intelligence indicates that he has been spotted in several locations over the last few months claiming to have a glorking gun and calling himself 'the Antiglork.'"

Glork shrugged. "It's not much, but it could be worth checking out. Where is scot now?"

"I don't know, Gaspar. He disappeared again a few weeks ago."

"Ether?"

Ether remained silent, but shook her head.

"We're close. I can feel it. Let's get to bed. Don't want to be up too late."

Glork stood and looked up at Porochaz's body gently swaying in the breeze, like the pendulum of a clock -- one which ticked away, bringing Glork ever closer to his fate. He smiled and followed the other two inside.

Seconds later, the shadowy figures who tidied up Glork's manor courtyard every night set to work. They hummed and sang as they labored, upbeat and dedicated. So focused were these workers, they never heard a new intruder sweep into the courtyard, bringing untimely death.

Porochaz (Chicken Little, Organic, Town Cloud-Covered Doomsayer) -- Lynched Day Five

It is now Night Five. Night actions are due by Tuesday, April 17, at 12:15am EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Night Five - Night

Day Six - Snowy

Night Six - Rainy
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1321 (isolation #49) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:55 pm

Post by Glork »

Dungeons and Dragons

"Glork, wake up. We have to go. We're not gonna start on time if you don't get up now."

Bleary-eyed, Glork swatted at the hand shaking his shoulder. He sat upright, rubbed his face, and turned to face...

"Quadz? The hell are you doing here?"

"No time to explain. Glork, we HAVE to go. Follow me."

Quadz led Glork through a long and twisting hallway that Glork didn't remember being a part of his manor. Wooden floors gave way to stone, and Quadz raced down a spiral staircase eerily reminiscent of a dungeon.
I have a dungeon? How could I forget this?

Glork shook his head, as if to clear the lingering haze inside. He slipped, and tumbled down the last few stairs.

"Quit fooling around. HURRY!"

Glork scrambled to his feet and looked around. He was definitely in a dungeon of some kind. There were two cells in the back of the dank, smelly room. One was empty, the other occupied by a ragged, blonde-haired person. He... she? It... was swathed in a rough, burlap blanket and huddled in the corner.

Along the left wall, Glork spotted a full bar. It was a thing of beauty, really. Glork wondered how he hadn't ever found it before. The man standing behind the bar winked and flashed Glork a wide grin.

"Hey, slugger. Care for a drink?"

"K-Kison? When did you get here? How did you get here?"

"That doesn't matter. What matters is we're here, we have alcohol, and the dragon has been slain. It's time to celebrate!"

Dragon... Glork racked his brain. Was this something he forgot from years ago? Or did this happen when everyone seemed to skip around in time for three months?

"But be wary," Kison continued, "for the armies of the Grey Lord are always close by. His minions stalk the lands. They see and hear everything. But, Glork, the tables are turning. We have captured one of the Grey Lord's minions and are holding her here."

Glork turned back to the prisonner. Yes, yes. They would interrogate the prisonner and find out more about the Grey Lord. But first, it was time to celebrate. For the dragon was...

...what am I DOING?

"Where's Ether? Where's Keira?"

"They're away. We need you to focus on the task at hand. Quickly, take this flask and drink its contents. Hurry. Drink. It will help you."

Glork accepted a small, black flask from Kison and took a long swig from it. Its contents burned like fire, but he did feel more alert.

"So, talk to me. What's going on?"

"We're trying to decide what to do for dinner. Quadz wants Mexican, but I'd prefer a nice grilled anteloupe. What's your fancy?"

"I want blood."

Kison frowned. "Oh, no. Quadz, we have a problem."

Glork looked back and forth between his two friends. Neither of them looked pleased.

"Guys, I don't want blood. I want
blood
. I'm not... I mean, it's not like I'm some vampire or something. I just meant, I want to--"

"That's enough out of you," Quadz cut him off. "Kison, hit him with the banhammer."

"I'm sorry it had to be this way."

A massive, jeweled hammer materialized in Kison's hand. With the utmost of ease, the man reared back and swung it at Glork's face.

I regret nothing.

Everything went black.

"Glork, wake up. We have to go. We're not gonna start on time if you don't get up now."

"I'm not dead?"

Ether stared at him. "What? No. And neither is anybody else. But they're already done with breakfast and anxious to get started. You overslept."

Nobody died Night Five. It is now Day Six. With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 1, at 1:00am EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Six - Snowy

Night Six - Rainy

Day Seven - Blizzard
Last edited by Glork on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:03 am, edited 3 times in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1325 (isolation #50) » Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:11 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.1

Tierce 1 (Amrun)

Not Voting: 7 (Shadoweh, DrippingGoofball, Thestatusquo, Untrod Tripod, Tierce, kuribo, Benmage)

8 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, May 1, at 1:00am EDT.
Last edited by Glork on Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1467 (isolation #51) » Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:04 am

Post by Glork »

In post 1460, Tierce wrote:
In post 1325, Glork wrote:
8 alive, 5 to lynch. Deadline is Friday,
April 20
, at 1:00am EDT.

What the hell?

@Glork, please confirm urgently--is the deadline tomorrow, or is this an error and deadline is on the 30th?

Obviously that's incorrect. It's May 1, at 1:00am. Two weeks, not three days. This has been corrected in previous posts.

Vote Count 6.2

Shadoweh 3 (Benmage, kuribo, Untrod Tripod)
Tierce 1 (Amrun)
Thestatusquo 1 (DrippingGoofball)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Not Voting: 1 (Untrod Tripod, Tierce)

Last edited by Glork on Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1653 (isolation #52) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.3

Shadoweh 2 (Untrod Tripod, Tierce)
Thestatusquo 2 (DrippingGoofball, Benmage)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)
Tierce 1 (Amrun)

Not Voting: 1 (kuribo)

For your convenience, a Vote Count (6.2) has been edited into .
Tierce is on V/LA.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1676 (isolation #53) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:16 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.4

Shadoweh 3 (Untrod Tripod, Tierce, Amrun)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Tierce is on V/LA.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1810 (isolation #54) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.5

Shadoweh 2 (Tierce, Amrun)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Not Voting: 3 (kuribo, Shadoweh, Untrod Tripod)

Tierce is on V/LA.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1905 (isolation #55) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:15 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.6

Shadoweh 2 (Tierce, Amrun)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Not Voting: 3 (kuribo, Shadoweh, Untrod Tripod)

Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1951 (isolation #56) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:55 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 6.7

Shadoweh 5 (Tierce, Amrun, kuribo, Benmage, Untrod Tripod)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)
Benmage 1 (Shadoweh)

Not Voting: 0
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1952 (isolation #57) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:25 am

Post by Glork »

Little Man

After what seemed like an eternity, the town finally settled on lynching Shadoweh. They forced her into the noose despite her protests, and unceremoniously kicked her feet out.

Glork shuffled past the
crowd
small gathering of guests and prepared to reveal Shadoweh's identity to the town. As he reached up, a rustling in the nearby shrubbery caused him to leap backwards into Keira's arms.

"D-D-D-D-D-DRAGON!"

Several guests stared in disbelief, as if the very moment they thought Glork couldn't get any stranger, he proved them wrong. Ether shook her head. Keira merely stood there, holding Glork in her arms.

"Uh, I don't think there's a--"

"THERE'S A DRAGON IN THAT BUSH AND WE HAVE TO KILL IT NOW! KEIRA, DROP ME AND RETRIEVE THAT BEAST."

"Yes, Gaspar." Glork hit the ground with a thud.

The android walked calmly over to the bush, reached in and felt about for a moment, then grabbed a handful of something and yanked hard. A little, green-haired, orange-skinned man grunted feebly, pounding his tiny fists uselessly against Keira's forearm. Glork snapped back to his senses, and addressed the guests.

"Everyone inside immediately. It is time for bed. Keira, Ether, bring *him* to the workshop."

One guest opened his mouth as if to complain, and Glork hurled a rock at him, silencing the man before he could speak.

"Go."

Shadoweh (Frederick Barbarossa, Organic, Town Villager) -- Lynched Day 6

It is now Night 6. Choices are due by Tuesday, May 1, at 5:30pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Night Six - Rainy

Day Seven - Blizzard

Night Seven - Windy
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1953 (isolation #58) » Wed May 02, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Glork »

The Plot Thickens

"Tell me once more what you saw."

Wonderwink closed his eyes and fought against the pain. The broken, battered little man was in the relative safety of Glork's workshop -- which, considering he was tied to a table and hooked up to all sorts of strange electronic devices that kept shocking him, was a very small comfort. Glork stood above him scowling, his android statuesque beside him. The girl had taken her leave. The man, ever a faithful servant of Glork's manor, tried to recount the events of the previous night.

"Oompa Loompa doompa-dee-doo
I don't know what more I can tell you.
Oompa Loompa doompa-dee-YEOWWWW!"

"Enough with the singing and rhyming. Just tell me in plain English."

"Ahem, yes... I'll try. We were getting the slain man's body down, when out of nowhere, there came a man with a frown. Er, sorry. He held something large in his hands, said something we couldn't understand. We tried to scatter, call for help, but nobody came. I hid in that bush and didn't move, he didn't find me. The rest...."

Glork raised an electronic remote and leaned forward until his face was barely an inch or two from the Oompa Loompa's. A menacing grin spread across his face. He placed his thumb over a large red button.

"Try to remember what the man said. What he was holding. What he looked like."

"I can't, it was too dark. We were singing, we were doing our job. I can't, I can't."

"I think you can." Glork pressed the button.

Wonderwink strained against the shackles binding him to the table. He protested in agony.

"Try... to... REMEMBER!"

Another jolt surged through Wonderwink's body. Darkness encroached upon his vision. He managed to utter one last word before his body went limp in defeat.

"Antiglork..."

Glork dropped the remote. He couldn't believe it. Scotmany was falling right into his lap. He would find and destroy scotmany, after extracting from him everything the delusional maniac knew about mith.

Keira's voice jarred him from his thoughts. "He's not dead. Just unconscious."

"He's doomed to a miserable existence if he survives."

"Shall I kill him, Gaspar?"

"No, no, I'll do it. This is my fault, it's best that I deal with it myself. A mercyglorking is in order. Stand back."

Day dawned in a blustery whiteout. Keira distributed coats and extra blankets among the six remaining guests. Despite (or because of) the death overnight, Glork was in a particularly good mood.

"Ladies and gentlemen, one of you did not survive the night. Untrod Tripod was killed in a most extraordinary manner, his exact weaknesses having been exposed and exploited by his killer. It was an assassination of the most professional standards. There are six of you remaining. One of you will soon perish. Let us all hope that you choose your victim wisely today. Good luck."

Untrod Tripod (C-3PO, Machine, Town Fair-Weather Neighbor Searcher) -- Assassinated Night Six

It is now Day Seven. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Wednesday, May 16, at 11:30am EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Seven - Blizzard

Night Seven - Windy

Day Eight - Thunderstorm
Last edited by Glork on Wed May 02, 2012 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1973 (isolation #59) » Wed May 02, 2012 9:52 am

Post by Glork »

A wording issue in Untrod Tripod's flip has been corrected/clarified. He was a Neighbor-Searcher. On a completely related note, "Neighbors" used to just be called Masons, without a "you know your partner to be innocent" clause.
-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #1975 (isolation #60) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:46 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 7.1

Tierce 1 (Amrun)

Not Voting: 4 (Thestatusquo, Tierce, kuribo, Benmage)

Six alive, Four to lynch.
Dealdine is May 16, 11:30am EDT.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2014 (isolation #61) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 7.4

Thestatusquo 4 (DrippingGoofball, Benmage, Amrun, Tierce)
Amrun 1 (Thestatusquo)

Conflict

The guests huddled together for warmth. Glork stood imperially near the edge of the courtyard, his stern face turned towards the castlelike ramparts of the southern face of his manor. Likewise, Ether and Keira were keeping watch elsewhere.

The guests quickly singled out Thestatusquo and informed Glork of their decision. In a stunningly mundane display of drudgery, the group went through the motions, and soon "Shea" was hanging from the noose. Glork slogged through the snow to retrieve Shea's necklace when a sudden gale heaved him to the ground. He grabbed a hold of the tree trunk and clawed his way to his feet, ducking under Shea's wildly oscillating corpse. He steadied himself and reached up with one gloved hand.

A tall, lean figure wrapped in dark cloth landed directly in front of Glork, sending him back to the ground. Scotmany grinned ferociously and raised over his head a large, bulky object... something that looked suspiciously like a glorking gun. Scot shouted something unintelligible and swung downwards.

Reflexively, Glork rolled to his right and sprang to his feet, the stiff cold forgotten. His body turned fluid as he danced around Scot's savage attacks.

"Keira, Ether! To me!"

Keira dropped into a combative stance and moved to flank Scot. Ether started to move towards the others, but stopped almost immediately. She looked at her vacuum arm hopelessly.

"Can't. Arm is seizing up."

Glork ducked another blow and finally struck back, sweeping a leg towards Scot's feet. The intruder leapt backwards to avoid him, only to meet the cold, unrelenting metal of Keira's fist. Scot scrambled away from the other combatants.

"I am the antiglork. You cannot stop me."

Scot leapt onto the tree branch from which Shea still hung and reached down, yanking the necklace and stuffing it into his clothes. He sprang towards the nearby wall and scampered up to the roof.

"Mith will come at the time of reckoning. He will re-assert his authority over this entire domain, his minions will save the lost, and I, the antiglork, will destroy you. Your time will never come."

Glork pulled out his gun as Scot made his escape. He fired uselessly into the night, then threw the weapon down in frustration. He looked over at the guets.

"As you can plainly see, we won't get to know Shea's identity. Go, rest."

"What the hell was that?"

"There are forces at work here you cannot possibly understand. They are not your immediate concern. We must ensure that you are safe from each other before we can move on."

Thestatusquo (???, ???, ???) -- Lynched Day Seven

It is now Night Seven! Night actions are due by Thursday, at 11pm EDT. (I'm giving you some extra time because I have a commitment Thursday night that will prevent me from getting to this thread until then.)

Weather Forecast:

Night Seven - Windy

Day Eight - Thunderstorm

Night Eight - Night
Last edited by Glork on Sat May 12, 2012 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2015 (isolation #62) » Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Post by Glork »

So, um, a minor emergency came up this week that's eaten up some of my time tonight and will put me on V/LA over the next two days. I'll get the thread up sometime Friday and have a night scene at some point after that.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

-Glork
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2016 (isolation #63) » Sat May 12, 2012 11:02 am

Post by Glork »

Voided Warranty

"What did scotmany mean when he said 'mith will come at the time of reckoning,' Keira?"

"I don't know, Gaspar."

"Was he just spewing nonsense?"

"I don't know, Gaspar."

"Can you please stop calling me Gaspar?"

"Yes, Gaspar."

Glork slapped his forehead and sighed heavily. "Do you think he really has the glorking gun?"

"I don't know, Gaspar."

"Sigh. Do you think we're in over our heads here?"

Keira did not answer. Glork waited several minutes, then repeated his question.

"Keira. Do you think we're in too deep?"

Again, the android remained silent. Glork pounded a fist against his desk.

"KEIRA. ANSWER ME."

"I cannot answer that question."

"Why not?"

"I cannot answer that question either."

Glork stormed to his feet, knocking back his chair. He grabbed the nearest thing in arm's reach (a bottle of quill ink) and hurled it across the room (directly onto an original Matisse). Again, he slammed down on the desk.

"DAMMIT, Kiera. Not now! We are so CLOSE to getting this. So very, very near our goal. I need you now more than EVER. What is going on that you can't answer me if you expect we'll be able to finish the job?"

"Protocol."

"Protocol?"

"Protocol."

"Elaborate."

"The requested information is marked as classified. I'm not authorized to inform you whether Lord Mith can be defeated. Protocol."

"Lord...?" Glork sank to his knees and rubbed his face. "No... No. I had scrubbed you clean. CLEAN. I had RESCUED you. How can this be? I did everything right. what could I have possibly missed? And why NOW of all times?"

"It's possible that scotmany reported my presence to Lord Mith. Recall and override functions are active. I am... resisting."

Glork considered what the android had just said. It was both good and bad. The bad obviously being, he had missed some kind of functionality that was designed to enforce Keira's continued loyalty. However, she was resisting said functionality. Which meant he had gotten through whatever base programming, and she was -- or, at least,
wanted
to be -- loyal to him.

Assuming the "resistance" wasn't fabricated. Glork thought about how he could test that.
Aha!
He scribbled some notes down on his notepad and handed it to the android.

"Keira, take the day off. Follow these instructions, and meet me in the courtyard before dusk."

Kiera scanned the paper and nodded.

"Yes, Gaspar."

Glork slept well that night. As did his five remaining guests. All woke, happy to see something that wasn't a blizzard, even if it was a raging thunderstorm instead.

Nobody has died Night Seven. It is now Day Eight. With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, May 26, at 6pm EDT.

Weather Forecast:

Day Eight - Thunderstorm

Night Eight - Night

Day Nine - Sunny
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2050 (isolation #64) » Sun May 13, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 8.1

Amrun 2 (Benmage, Tierce)

Not voting: 3 (Amrun, kuribo, DrippingGoofball)

5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2077 (isolation #65) » Mon May 14, 2012 8:23 am

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 8.2

Amrun 1 (Benmage)
kuribo 1 (DrippingGoofball)
DrippingGoofball 1 (kuribo)

Not voting: 3 (Amrun, Tierce)

5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2123 (isolation #66) » Mon May 14, 2012 4:22 pm

Post by Glork »

Vote Count 8.3

DrippingGoofball 3 (kuribo, Benmage, Tierce)
kuribo 1 (DrippingGoofball)

Not voting: 1 (Amrun)

5 alive, 3 to lynch.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2124 (isolation #67) » Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 pm

Post by Glork »

Deus ex
mith
ina

"Do you think I'll have to get it replaced?" Ether looked up at Keira.

"No. Aside from wear and tear, the arm itself appears to be in good working order."

"Wear and tear can be addressed. I'll replace this seal, buff and polish the metal. It will look wonderful. But first, we need to fix it. How are we going to fix it?"

"We won't. The vacuum arm appears to be in good working order."

"So how come I can't weild it effectively? How come I could attach Glork, but couldn't use him to glork things?"

"Why did you come here?"

Ether opened her mouth to answer, then stopped, and frowned. That seemed like such an odd question for the android to ask. She considered her response.

Glork rose to his feet and clapped his hands together.

"A lynch! Oh, my, this is most incredible. This has gone far better than my wildest dreams could have envisioned."

The guests looked back and forth at one another, plainly confused. They thought they had gotten used to Glork's wild, seemingly arbitrary mood swings, but he seemed even more dapper about today's decision than the others. Benmage stepped forward.

"Glork, can we please just put DrippingGoofball in the noose and get on with this? All we want to do is finish this nonsense and go home."

"Soon enough, my comrade. Soon enough. But first, I feel as though I owe you a bit of an explanation."

Tierce piped up. "I'll say! None of us know how or why we were brought here, why we keep killing each other off, or when this is going to end."

"Calm down, calm down. You'll get your explanation. Gather around, people. Yes, DGB, even you. It's time I told you a little story. Once upon a time, there was a man, a great leader, who had a vision. He saw a place where a group of friends could play games and have a good time, where they could talk about things they liked, and compete against each other in battles of wits and logic. This man founded a kingdom of sorts, an empire, a great nation of intellectuals. He invited some friends and acquaintances to join him, and together they played. And talked. And thought. And they enjoyed themselves. Over the coming months, word of this haven intelligence, this utopia, spread. People flocked to be a part of this new regime. More personalities came forth and established themselves. Niches were formed. Groups split off and grew closer. A loose hierarchy was formed, and individuals were chosen to oversee various aspects of this kingdom. And all the while, the people were happy. They continued to play, to talk, to gather and have fun. But below the surface, vile forces were at work against the ruler, known simply as Mith, and his MafiaScum.

"Wicked men from within MafiaScum played at power. Avarice, ever the foe to harmony, began to settle and fester in the minds of the people. Men claiming to be lords or great thinkers came forth and tried to rally others to their cause. For many natural leaders had come to this land, and many others were willing to follow them. Those who were unhappy began to voice their opinions. Some demanded change. Some tried to drive others out of this land, through nefarious means. The great and benevolent ruler did his best to keep the people happy. He fought the 11th Hour. He settled disputes amongst the people. He established his own cult of Minions, who walked among the people while serving his orders.

"One man, a youthful, strong-willed, influential thinker named Glork, had established his presence. Like some other citizens of this not-quite-utopia, he had extraordinary powers. He was able to dispense justice with the most casual of actions. These 'glorkings' were fatal to most anybody who was not immediately treated, and his friends and foes alike played at calling him 'King.' This innocuous display of endearment caught the Mith's attention. The leader -- nay, dictator -- treated Glork virtuously enough in public. But in secrecy, he sought to usurp Glork's extraordinary power, to replicate it and use it for himself. One of his Minions, a loyal cyborg girl by the name of Ether, was sent to reign in Glork's glorking ability, in addition to her normal task of recruiting more Minions. In a way, Ether succeeded, though possibly unwittingly. Over time, Glork was convinced to create a prototype of a 'glorking gun,' a device capable of dispensing justice in the exact same manner in which Glork himself could."

Glork paused. He was monologuing, as some mildly psychotic villain might have done in a movie or story. But his audience was still awake, which was always a good thing. He gave them a moment to digest what he was telling them, then continued.

"It is here that our story gets a little... muddled. Mith tricked me. He destroyed my memories and took my glorking gun. He wants to mass produce it in the name of defense of MafiaScum. Sure, some might say that the weapons will be used against Tigers, or the Church of the 11th Hour, or other external threats to MafiaScum. But I swore to get back my prototype. I will destroy it, and nobody will be able to kill as they wish, in the name of vigilante justice or homeland defense. But in order to do so, I needed some help. I had fallen into the woodwork. I had lost track of Mith, of his Minions, of every lead I had. And I had fallen off Mith's radar. I needed to find his whereabouts, to lure him out, but in order to do that, I needed to make some noise. That is why I brought you all here. That is why I staged a repeat of the events which destroyed Fickleton. You all have played a very important role in helping to set in motion events which will restore the balance, honor, safety, and integrity of MafiaScum."

DGB spat. "You're mad. You, are stark raving mad. And this is coming from a madwoman herself. You're evil!'

"Evil? I'm setting things RIGHT!"

"Your are holding 20 people hostage and making them kill one another! You villain!"

"That's not villainy. That's collateral damage. I didn't choose the players in this little game by mere happenstance. To fight mith, and his minions and henchmen, I needed some help. You who survive this are among the best of the best, and will have the honor and privilege of accompanying me on our final assualt. Mith's reign of terror--"

A thunderous explosion rocked the courtyard. From overhead, a booming voice sounded.

"...is at an end?"

"What about white? You think white's a good color?"

"It symbolizes good. Purity. White would work."

"Mm. Red?"

"Rage. Anger. Bad idea."

"Accessorizing a vacuum arm is harder than it looks. Maybe a kerchief is not the way to go. Say, is there a specific reason you took me out shopping anyway? It's not really something I'd expect an android to do."

"Yes, there is."

Keira and Ether walked down another aisle of cyborg accessories in silence. Keira's chronometer indicated that it was almost time for Glork's signal. Just a few more minutes...

Suddenly, the sky opened up, and a distant boom could be heard. It came from the direction of Glork's manor.

'Ether, come. We have to go."

"What happened?"

"He's here."

Glork looked up, as excitement and anticipation pooling in his gut. Overhead, the thunderstorm had abruptly stopped. Two ethereal figures swooped across the sky like bright clouds rolling almost lazily through the air, but he knew they were terrible beasts. One cloud-dragon opened its mouth and belted out a ferocious roar.

In tow, Mith sat in a blazing, golden chariot.

"You wanted my attention, Glork? You have it. Undivided. The day of reckoning is here."

As if on cue, a funny looking man popped up atop one of Glork's roofs. Glork grumbled to himself and made a note to himself to tighten aerial security when all this was over. Too many people simply going over his manor and landing in his courtyard. The man grinned broadly, winked at nobody in particular, and opened his mouth to speak.

"That's right. The day of RECKoning! xRECKONERx is here, and as of right now, this day is going to be just FABULOUS!"

Glork's guests gaped openly.

"Isn't he... dead?"

"Yeah, Benmage killed him on Day One."

"Zombie?"

"Reincarnate?"

Mith snorted. "Who cares? He's a distraction. I'll deal with him."

Mith yanked on his chariot's reigns, and the dragons wheeled around to face Reck, who stopped dancing and looked up in fear.

"Heyayyaaayayayyy... Uhhh... What's going on?"

In unison, both opened their mouths and
blew
. Reck screamed and toppled comically out of sight.

"Now then. Where were we? And what did you do with my Minion and my android?"

Ether stumbled to keep up with Keira's blazing pace. The android had grabbed her vacuum arm and taken off at a dead sprint, as they raced to get back to Glork's manor. But... Lord Mith was there. He and Glork were going to fight. Ether didn't know how felt about Glork or Lord Mith. She certainly didn't know what, if anything, she was going to do. She might have turned right there and then, and started running in the other direction, but Keira had a vice-like grip on her arm and wouldn't slow for anything.

"We're not going to make it in time."

Ether dismissed her introspective thoughts and looked ahead at Keira.

"What do you mean?"

"Lord Mith will act quickly. Gaspar won't have time to stop him."

"Can we get there any faster?"

"No. But I have calculated a solution that is 87.2% likely to end this conflict without loss of life."

"Huh. That's good, I think. What do we do?"

"we head for the Weathermaker. I'm going to need your vacuum arm. It's time to see if you can put it to good use."

So. There they were.

Glork and mith were finally meeting, face-to-cloud-dragons.

Mith simled ruefully. Glork raised his eyebrows.

"You want your glorking gun."

"You have it."

"I know where it is. Scotmany, come forth."

Scot crept out of the shadows, carrying the same bulky object as before. He hefted it onto his shoulder.

"You know what I could do with this?"

"You can't use it to kill me. I'm immune to my own glorking goo."

"Not with the modifications we made to your prototype. You're not immune to glorking goo laced with arsenic."

Glork froze. Scot had to be bluffing. There was no way that the chemistry would allow arsenic and glorking goo to mix. Unless...

"I call."

"Huh?"

"He thinks you're bluffing," Mith interjected.

"X."

"Glork, I've been waiting for this day."

"Y."

"I, the antiglork, will prevail, in the most ironic of ways!"

"Z."

"Now don't you move a muscle. This is going to be so good..."

"Z."

"Ready... aim..."

"Y."

Soct pulled the trigger.

Nothing happened.

Keira marched up the last steps of the northeast tower, where Glork's "borrowed" Weathermaker was being kept and utilized, dragging Ether in tow.

"Why should I trust you? Who are you really loyal to?"

"The answers to those inquiries are classified."

"Moreover, why should you trust me?"

"I don't."

"So why are you relying on me to... end this conflict?"

"Because it is the most logical conclusion. Gaspar doesn't want mith dead. He just wants his prototype back. However, given the circumstances, it's likely that this conflict will end in violence if it is not stopped. You don't know where your own loyalties lie, so you would have an interest in ending said conflict without undue harm to either party. That is why you will cooperate."

Ether had to admit, Keira made a point. She had no idea whether Keira was loyal to Glork, Lord Mith, or both. Or if she was really as she appeared. Even then, she knew she hadn't been able to glork things when attaching Glork to her vacuum arm. She hoped she would have better luck with this Weathermaker.

Ether looked at the device. It was a large, metal cube -- steel, probably. It had two two-inch long slits on one side, along with two holes and an electronic panel. From the opposite side extended a large horn, like a phonograph. Ether examined the holes. Indeed, she thought she might be able to attach the Weathermaker. She looked over at Keira.

"Go ahead."

Ether took a deep breath and gulped.

"Attach: Weathermaker."

Scotmany's eyes bugged. He pulled the trigger again. And again.

"MYEEAARRRRGH! Why isn't this WORKING?!?"

"Because, you idiot, that's not the real prototype. Any mixture of glorking goo and arsenic would form a chemically unstable compound. You'd need a special barrel or dispenser to be able to mix and fire it without turning the gun itself into slag. What you got from Mith is a fake. A phony. A useless lump of metal that just *looks* like a glorking gun. And, from the way you used it to beat my Oompa Loompas to death, I'm pretty sure you knew that."

"It's... fake? But I thought I just hadn't mastered USING it yet. I was still a novice. A beginner. An apprentice. But I trained."

"You're still a novice, in every way. I guess in that sense, you sort of *are* an antiglork. Now. It's time something, or someone got glorked for real. Who's first?"

Glork stretched and strolled over to the center of the courtyard, when he heard a familiar sound -- that of the Weathermaker revving up.

The weather condition had turned windy. No, windy couldn't describe it. Gales whipped across Glork's manor, ripping shingles off the roof, tearing trees and bushes clean out of the ground, and sending Glork and the guests scattering. Glork reached out hopelessly and grabbed onto something. He was lucky. Whatever he was gripping was still rooted to the ground, and he strained to keep himself tethered to it. He twisted his head upwards and searched for Mith's chariot.

It was nowhere to be found. In the din of the sudden weather change, Mith and his dragons had been swept off. Scotmany had vanished, too. But Glork spotted something Scot had left behind -- the fake glorking gun. He strode over to it and swept it up. A voice behind him spoke up.

"What happens now? What about the lynch?"

Glork turned. Amrun, Tierce, kuribo, and Benmage had gathered together. The lynching tree was gone, smashed into pieces against a manor wall. DrippingGoofball was lying underneath it, crushed to death by its massive trunk.

"Well, it seems DGB met an untimely demise. Still, to avoid any confusion, we should probably 'lynch' her anyway."

Glork made his way to the fallen tree and slipped the noose around DGB's head.

"And now, you rest. Peacefully. DGB was the last of her kind, and you four are completely safe with me."

Benmage scoffed. "Safe? Would you call what just happened SAFE?"

"Well, it's a relative term. I... just come inside, and we'll talk."

Keira looked at the damage the Weathermaker had wrought on the courtyard. It was severe. One of the guests appeared to have died.

"It worked. Mith is gone. Both he and Glork are safe."

"You... Keira, you didn't address Lord Mith properly. And you called him Glork."

"I... hmm. So I did."

"Well, at least now we know where your loyalties lie."

"For now. Even I don't know what protocols Mith may still have. Ether, you should come with us. You can help Glork. And you can finally find some closure to the ordeal you've been through these last few years."

"I can't. I can't choose. I'm sorry. I have to go."

Ether turned and ran down the stairs and away. Keira made no effort to stop her.

DrippingGoofball (EV-9D9, Machine, Scumbag Roleblocker) -- Lynched Day Eight

All threats to the
TOWN
have been eliminated. The
TOWN WINS
. Congratulations!

Role PMs, Night Actions, Graveyard QuickTopic, and moderator's thoughts will be up relatively soon.

Thanks to everyone who played. I hope you had half as much fun playing as I did modding.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2129 (isolation #68) » Mon May 14, 2012 4:57 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 2126, Amrun wrote:Did DGB no kill last night?

You'll get an answer to this shortly. Writing up Epilogue flavor to go with Role PMs/Night Actions/Mod Notes.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2133 (isolation #69) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:21 pm

Post by Glork »

Epilogue

Glork looked across the study, where his companion sat silently, watching him read.

Then, he did something odd. He put down his book, strolled over to where Keira sat, and extended his hand. She smiled and took it, and allowed him to lift her to her feet.

"Let's go for a stroll. There appear to be a few loose ends to tie up."

"Of course, Glork."

Glork smiled inwardly. Everything felt so surreal, and he wasn't talking about the giant, misty dragons that had been drawing a flaming chariot over his courtyard not more than a week before (although even he had to admit, that was pretty bizarre). No, Glork had a hard time believing that his plan had worked. He had drawn mith out. He had found and convinced some excellent people to help him.

"Keira, I have explianed everything in painstaking detail to our four surviving guests. Each one has agreed to help travel to mith's hideout and retrieve the glorking gun."

"But how do you know where he is?"

"Because mith invited us."

"I don't get it."

"You know the fake prototype mith gave scotmany? Mith intended for it to fall into my hands. When I dismantled it, I found a note inside the chamber. Here."

My Dearest Glork,

It has come to my attention that you seek the prototype of your glorking gun. I could tell you that you donated it for mass production, but you've grown so paranoid and delusional that I doubt you'd believe me. However, your brashness and complete disregard for the natural order that has kept mafiascum flourishing for ten years cannot go unpunished. In my time, I have defeated numerous threats to mafiascum's existence. Tigers. Bluehost. AniX. Mysterious Fifth Party. You are no different.

We both knew that we would meet before your little "Weather Mafia II" stunt ended. We both also knew that it was highly likely to end with casualties on both sides. So, you gave Keira a set of instructions. You told her to protect Ether, and to push for a peaceful resolution to our meeting. Ether wasn't ready to make a decision about her future, about whose side she would be on. You sought to test Keira, to see if she could resolve this issue and protect your life by herself. She succeeded, and you believe her loyal to you,
Gaspar
, because I transmitted to her instructions to go along with your "test."

I also know that you have recruited your four survivors to your cause. It's a pity, as I had thought Tierce and Amrun had the potential to be excellent members of mith's minions. They will be summarily dealt with.

Finally, I know that you will stop at nothing to obtain your glorking gun. So, I have enclosed with this letter the exact coordinates of my hideout. You will arrive on the date listed, in the manner detailed below. You have my word that this is not a trap, or an ambush, or any thinly veiled ruse to capture, destroy, or otherwise thwart you. When you arrive, you will find a crate containing the equipment necessary to infiltrate my minions. We will settle our dispute in the only honorable way we know. We will play a game of Mafia.

Sincerely yours,
mith

Keira looked up at Glork. He was smiling. She grinned back.

"He called you Gaspar when referring to me. He doesn't know."

"No, he does not. And that, my dear, is going to be his undoing. We have our team. We have a time, a location, and the means to accomplish what we want. And I'm already working on a plan."

"What about the Weathermaker?"

"What about it? It was Dr. Neo Cortex's, and I kept it around after he died in the original Weather Mafia incident. But, I don't think I'll have a need for it. See that it is destroyed."

"Then how will we continue with Weather Mafias?"

"I have an idea for that already. Different people like different types of weather, right? We'll use that to our advantage. I've already got a team working on the equipment we'll need."

"I see. So, what now?"

"Eat. Drink. Be merry. I think we've all learned a little rest."

"That sounds like a plan to me. Oh, one more thing."

"Hmm?"

"What did happen to all those missing night kills?"

The Setup

Name:
Miss Cleo
Alignment:
Mafia Cop
Flavor/Abilities:
Call me Cleo! Being a human woman with psychic abilties, you can see the unseen, know the unknowable. Once per night, provided you are not making the Mafia's kill, you may attempt to investigate one player. You will either recieve "Innocent," "Guilty," or "No Result."
Win Condition:
You win when your faction gains and cannot lose a majority of the town's population, or if this scenario becomes inevitable.
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Name:
Hitokiri Battousai
Alignment:
Mafia Assassin
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Himura Kenshin, also known as Hitokiri Battousai (Battousai the Manslayer), the most feared human killer alive. Once during the game, when you make the mafia's nightkill, you may ensure that the kill will take place regardless of all other roles/abilities/forces acting upon the game, aside from Blizzard conditions.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Name:
Metal Sonic
Alignment:
Mafia Goon
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Metal Sonic, one of Dr. Robotnik's most feared robot creations. You have no special abilities, so to speak.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

MOD NOTES:
The Mafia may only kill Organic players until all non-Mafia Organic/Cyborg players have been killed, at which point they will be able to kill Machines. Hitokiri Battousai's guaranteed assassination is the lone exception to this rule. Battousi's knowledge and skill allow him to kill anything no matter what, as the role describes.

Name:
EV-9D9
Alignment:
Scumbag Roleblocker
Flavor/Abilities:
You are EV-9D9. You are a droid torturer, and you relish in your task. Once per night, if you are not making the Destructors' kill, you may attempt to roleblock one player. If successful, that player will be unable to take any actions that night.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

Name:
BioHazard
Alignment:
Scumbag Annihilator
Flavor/Abilities:
And the winner is... BioHazard! You are BioHazard, possibly the most infamous robot from Robot Wars. Once during the game, when you make the Destructors' nightkill, you may attempt to completely annihilate your victim. Should you succeed in making the kill, that player's name and alignment will NOT be revealed under any circumstances. Please indicate whether you wish to annihilate your opponent when making the kill. A failed annihilation attempt will NOT warrant a second attempt.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

Name:
Crazy Harry
Alignment:
Scumbag Henchman
Flavor/Abilities:
AHAHAHA! BOOM! HAHAHA! You are Crazy Harry, and you just like blowing stuff up. You have no special abilities, so to speak.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic

MOD NOTES:
The Scumbags may only kill "Machine" players until all non-Scumbag machines have been killed, at which point they will be able to kill anybody else. The one exception to this rule is if Navi uses her ability on the scumbag making the kill. BioHazard's annihilation ability will succeed if another player also kills his target (unless BioHazard is blocked for some reason).

Name:
Navi
Alignment:
Town Will-O-The-Wisp
Flavor/Abilities:
Hey! Listen! You're Navi... flesh and blood, presumably. After surviving your last ordeal, you are back for more. Once per Foggy, Rainy, Thunderstorm, or Snowy night, you may attempt to lure off a player and kill them. If that player is using an individual role ability that night, it will be redirected to target you, if possible. Then that player will also die, if possible. You are particularly vulnerable when luring a player to their death.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic. If Navi targets any Scumbag making their faction's kill, that player will kill Navi.

Name:
Al Robbins
Alignment:
Town Coroner
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Al Robbins, a human, male coroner from CSI. Once per night you may attempt to perform an examination on a deceased player. If you are able to examine that player, you will be given additional details about their role.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTE:
Organic. The coroner is given the player's ENTIRE role PM (without scumbuddy names). Needless to say, Al will not recieve any MOD NOTES regarding an investigated role.

Name:
Frederick Barbarossa
Alignment:
Town Villager
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Frederick Barbarossa, once a great human king... now a mere VILLAGER? Oh well. YOu have no special abilities, so to speak.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Name:
Dr. No
Alignment:
Town No-Sun Doctor
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Dr. No, once-villain, now lifesaver. Once per night, you may target one other player. That player will be protected from up to one kill during that night.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Cyborg (reveals "Organic" to Life Cop)

Name:
Chicken Little
Alignment:
Town Cloud-Covered Doomsayer
Flavor/Abilities:
The Sky is Falling! You are Chicken Little, the hysterical, panicked chicken. Once during the game, during a Cloudy, Rainy, Thunderstormy, or Snowy Day, you may post in-thread "
The Sky is Falling! The Sky is Falling!
" in underlined letters. If you do, the day will end immediately and deadline rules for lynch will apply.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Name:
Inspector Gadget
Alignment:
Town Cop
Flavor/Abilities:
Wowsers! You are Inspector Gadget, part man and part machine. Once per night you may attempt to determine the alignment of another player in the game. You will either recieve "Innocent," "Guilty," or "No Result."
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Cyborg (reveals "Organic" to Life Cop). As one might expect from his character, Inspector Gadget is also an Insane Cop.

Name:
Johnny 5
Alignment:
Town Doublevoter
Flavor/Abilities:
Johnny 5 is alive! You're the robot Johnny 5 from Short Circuit. Through your affectionate nature, impressive know-how, and uncanny ability to learn extremely quickly, you've managed to gain TWO votes in this town. However, during Thunderstormy days, you will "short circuit" (pun fully intended) and be unable to use your second vote. Both votes must be in the same place at the same time, and your name will appear twice in the vote count while you are voting for another player.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

Name:
Mega Man
Alignment:
Town Jack-of-all-Trades
Flavor/Abilities:
You are Mega Man, a robot created by Dr. Light. You have the following abilities, each of which may be used exactly once during the game, day or night. To use an ability, simply PM the mod the name the ability and your target (if applicable):
Cut Man - You may attempt to kill another player, as a Vigilante.
Guts Man - You may not be killed by any role abilities during this period. You may still be lynched if used during day.
Ice Man - You may attempt to freeze a single player, as a Roleblocker.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine. Each ability may be used once, and will take place as soon as the PM is recieved by the mod. Abilities used during the day will take place as soon as the player's PM is read and processed.

Name:
C-3PO
Alignment:
Town Fair-Weather Neighbor Searcher
Flavor/Abilities:
You are C-3PO, human-cyborg relations. A protocol droid, you're looking for your counterpart, R2-D2. Once per day, provided the weather is not Rainy, Thunderstorm, Snowy, or Blizzard, you may PM the mod with the name of one player. If that player's rolename is R2-D2, you will become neighbors with that player. Note that R2-D2 may not be such a trusted ally, though.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine. There is no R2-D2 in the game. The ability is a mere red herring.

Name:
Solar Panel
Alignment:
Town Sunshine Motivator
Flavor/Abilities:
You are a Solar Panel, an inanimate object used to convert sunlight into energy. During any Sunny or Heat Advisory day, you may PM the mod the name of one player. During the ensuing night, that player will be allowed to use his or her role ability twice. They will be notified of this change at the start of night.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine. Motivation does not apply to scumgroup kills, even if the Assassination/Annihilation abilities are being activated.

Name:
Clock
Alignment:
Town Villager
Flavor/Abilities:
Whether digital or analog, you are Clock, an instrument used to tell time. You have no special abilities, just your voice and your vote.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

Name:
EVE
Alignment:
Town Life Cop
Flavor/Abilities:
You are EVE, the Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator. Though originally designed to look for vegetation on planet Earth, you've been slightly modified to detect other entities which are organic in nature. Once per night, you may target one player. You will attempt to learn if that player is "Machine" or "Flesh and Blood".
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Machine

Name:
Pineapple
Alignment:
Town Villager
Flavor/Abilities:
You are a Pineapple! You are delicious, and the world could certainly use more of you. Somehow, you have gained the ability to talk and vote. But you have no other abilities.
Win Condition:
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Name:
Stephen Fry
Alignment:
Town Villager
Flavor/Abilities:
You are renowned comedian Stephen Fry. Armed with your superior wit and intellect, you're here to help your fellow townspeople get through the game alive.
MOD NOTES:
Organic

Weather Conditions:
D1 Heat Advisory
N1 Night

D2 Thunderstorms
N2 Thunderstorms

D3 Sunny
N3 Foggy

D4 Sunny
N4 Snowy

D5 Windy
N5 Night

D6 Snowy
N6 Rainy

D7 Blizzard
N7 Windy

D8 Thunderstorms
N8 Night

MOD NOTES:
If the game lasts longer than eight day/night cycles, begin with the D1/N1 weather conditions and cycle through again. However, HEat Advisory would be replaced with Sunny.

Graveyard QuickTopic: http://www.quicktopic.com/47/H/PrszgMEAH3bg
Mafia and Scumbag QuickTopics may be made available by their teams, at their discretion.

Also, I accidentally saved the endgame scene over my night action summary. I'll re-compile them tomorrow, after work.
Last edited by Glork on Mon May 14, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2135 (isolation #70) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:31 pm

Post by Glork »

So. Thoughts.

This was the first multiball game I actually designed. My previous two endeavors were as a backup to Bamboomancer and MoS, but I didn't really have any input into the design of those games. I wanted to accomplish two things with the setup. First, I wanted to control crosskills. Each faction could only crosskill the Goon/Henchman in the other group. I didn't want a lucky, random, or similar crosskill to tip the balance too heavily against one faction compared to the other, so only the powerless scums could be crosskilled. Secondly, I wanted to limit the number of nightkills overall, but allow a particularly observant scumgroup to figure out the Organic/Machine mechanic to "enable" their team to nightkill consistently. I wanted the "basic" town power roles to be killable by either faction, hence the "Cyborg" designations for the Doctor and (Insane) Normal Cop. Other than that, the setup was a pretty basic 3-3-14.

I have to admit, I was severely disappointed that neither TSQ nor DGB ever figured this out, as were both chamber (setup designer) and TBM (backup mod). We all felt that if either player had just listed the people they targeted, and which kills succeeded or failed, they could have enabled their team to kill claimed players consistently. However, both scums felt that the nightkills were going missing for role-based reasons. In retrospect, I would have taken out the two "Cyborgs." I think that might have confused me into NOT looking at the Organic vs. Machine theme, and perhaps that's what happened to our scumbags.

As far as the game played out, I feel like it was reasonably well balanced. The town got off to a blazing start, then began misfiring left and right. I think had the scums been able to figure out the mechanic and eke out those extra nightkills, either faction could have won. In that respect, I feel that the balance was appropriate. Strong enough deduction from the scums probably wins them the game. However, that deduction did not take place, and the town righted the ship and won.

Naturally, I'm open to constructive criticism and opinions on the setup, gameplay, my moderating, etc.

Again, thanks to all. It was mostly a pleasure to mod for you people.
Last edited by Glork on Mon May 14, 2012 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2137 (isolation #71) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 2136, Xalxe wrote:Glork, this was a glorious game and I look forward to any future Glork game ever. Also update your sig.

Thanks. :oops: :)

My next game will be MAFIACEPTION, a rather complicated Large Theme Game that I plan on running this fall. Weather Mafia III (subtitle to be determined) will take place sometime after that, in 2013.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2139 (isolation #72) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:39 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 2134, hasdgfas wrote:I really want to see night actions, because there was some ridiculous stuff going on.

The night you died, Katsuki used his ANNIHILATION kill on kuribo, while you vigged him (and subsequently redirected him to yourself).
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2141 (isolation #73) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:43 pm

Post by Glork »

In post 2138, hasdgfas wrote:Ah, I missed the Organic/Machine thing. Interesting, although a bit difficult to deduce, apparently. I feel like some sort of indicator towards the fact that there was that additional mechanic would have been helpful(unless it was there and I just didn't see)

How much of the Organic/Machine mechanic to reveal was a MAJOR topic of discussion during setup design. Originally, I was going to include that information in each player's role PM. That evolved to not telling them, but telling each scumgroup that they couldn't kill Machines/Organics as appropriate. And eventually, it became the final mechanic included in the game.

The first one, we felt that the town could ahve exploited it by sacrificing the utility of the Town Life Cop to randomly claim Organic/Mechanic and destroy any scumgroup's chances of killing reliably. The second one, we felt that it wouldn't limit nightkills enough, and would probably just confuse the town while not hurting the scum at all. Eventually, we settled on the current mechanic, with the belief that the scumgroups would probably figure it out by D3/D4, and the town shortly thereafter. Like I said, we simply overestimated people's ability to get the mechanic figured out.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2142 (isolation #74) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:44 pm

Post by Glork »

EBWOP: That reminds me, this is the first time I've tried any kind of "hidden" mechanic in one of my game designs. It was sort of a test run for future designs I've had floating around for a while. Definitely a helpful learning experience, and I'm just glad it didn't render the game broken or unplayable.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2144 (isolation #75) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:47 pm

Post by Glork »

See, I'm not convinced that that particular type of confusion is a bad thing, as long as it's handled with care. A lot of really good past games (mith's California Trilogy games, for example) included mechanics that were barely explained to the players (if at all), and became a matter of which faction could figure it out best/soonest, or get the most mileage despite the confusion.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!
Glork
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Glork
Burdened by Proficiency
Burdened by Proficiency

Post Post #2146 (isolation #76) » Mon May 14, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Glork »

Also, it's worth noting that the last two scums -- one on each faction -- were lynched because of good old-fashioned mafia play, not because of roles, mechanics, or anything else. I think that speaks very true to how protown players should generally approach games, and to how they should treat scenarios where they don't understand the game mechanics well/completely.
Green Shirt Thursdays

Get to know a Glork!

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”