The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 22/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
33%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
33%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
33%

Total votes: 3

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1213 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hey I keep seeing this thread. Thinking this looks like a fun game I'd like to get into. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to get this game and play with you guys? Do I have to buy or DL anything? Thanks!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:18 am

Post by Rhinox »

DonJosh wrote:
Rhinox wrote:Hey I keep seeing this thread. Thinking this looks like a fun game I'd like to get into. Can someone give me a quick rundown on what I need to do to get this game and play with you guys? Do I have to buy or DL anything? Thanks!

1. Go to this website.
2. Make an account.
3. Click "Buy Now". It costs €14.95 (~21.22 US$)
4. IIRC, you may have to wait about 12 hours or so.

After purchasing it, you can either play it in the browser, or download it. It is currently in Beta 1.7.3, and the price will go up when the full version is released in November.

Cool. $20 is doable. No monthly subscription or anything like that? I'll probably buy it tonight.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1217 (isolation #2) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:21 am

Post by Rhinox »

So I created an account and messed around with the free version for a while. Then I bought the beta. Haven't had time to play it though, but I should have some time tonight. This game is probably going to consume my life for a while :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1219 (isolation #3) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox331

Got any gameplay tips for me to help me get started? Or, somewhere I can go to read some stuff? Like a beginner's guide or something?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1222 (isolation #4) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just wasted the whole afternoon reading the wiki :P

So is the host back up yet or am I going to have to mess around elsewhere tonight before joining you guys?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (isolation #5) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:42 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Hey I'm in :)

But I spawned in the middle of the night...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (isolation #6) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:14 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Ended up finding a bed, then been pretty much wandering around aimlessly ever since, not really knowing what to do. Like, I wanna build a house and stuff somewhere, but I don't wanna mess anything up you guys have done. Any recommendations?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1230 (isolation #7) » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I'll give it a try again tomorrow when I have more time. Do you guys have any basic ground rules I should know about?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1238 (isolation #8) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Alright so I think I'll have a little better idea what to do when I log in again this evening. Couple questions/comments/thoughts...

Spawn point seems to be a pit. Is it supposed to be like that? or did it just get blown up by a creeper or something. Its difficult to get out of the pit when I spawn in the dark, and sometimes after I died when I respawned I'd take fall damage? Thought that was weird... I think it won't matter once I build a house and sleep in a bed though right? Then I'll always spawn by my bed? I slept in some beds yesterday but every time I died and spawned I ended up back in the original spawn point pit I think though... Do I have to craft the bed myself for it to count?

OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to. Thats the bed I slept in when I spawned the first time.

Next day I wandered around and found the spawn guest house. After I left it I lost it... and I'm not sure how to actually get there from the spawn point :oops: After I left I mostly just stayed near the road and found the billboard, wandered around some of the buildings I could see. I didn't know how to find coordinates but I went back to the wiki this morning and figured it out :)

I think the plan for this evening is I'm going to spawn in, stay around the spawn point trying to gather resources for the basics, then pick a direction and head that way for X days travel until I find a neat place to call home. Oh, and if I'm feeling pretty good with how things are going, I might build a spawn point gazeebo or something nicer to spawn in than a pit, unless you guys have the pit to spawn in for a reason?

Oh last question, how do I change the appearance of my character from the default?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1246 (isolation #9) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

jmj3000 wrote:
Rhinox wrote:OK, so when I leave the pit first place a find is a small room with some water in it, and a bed, and a craft table, furnace, and some storage chests? I think it also has a glass green house with some sugar growing? Just wondering if this was someones house and who it belonged to. Thats the bed I slept in when I spawned the first time.

Hey, I see you found my house. I really should play more often.

Heh cool. I almost got it blown up by a creeper though :oops: You've now got a pit in the sand a few blocks outside your door :oops: :oops:

Well I'm anxious to get home and get playing. I've been thinking about what I want my minecraft home to look like all day and excited to get to work. Gonna be a long process though, I'm sure. I'm shooting for something medeivel castle-ish with a large base, and keep building levels up until I run out of sky. And hopefully a large system of mines and caves and dungeons below. Today though, probably won't get much more done than collecting basic necessities near the spawn, then heading out to find a suitable location, and then most of the work will be the mine system underground in order to gather resources for the major castle-tower construction project.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1247 (isolation #10) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:37 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Hey you know what sucks? Random holes that go straight down far enough where I die and lose all my stuff because I can't get down to get it :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1248 (isolation #11) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Post by Rhinox »

argh then my computer did an auto update and shut down in the middle of the game... :evil:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1250 (isolation #12) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Thanks for the creeper tip, I'm gonna remember that one!

Found a nice little place to call home I think. Don't know if anyone's been by there before or not. Built myself a nice little bunker to call home for now and started tunneling down to do some mining to gather resources. Not far from where I decided to settle I found a pit that goes more or less straight down, about 10x10 maybe? Its irregular enough that I don't think it is player created but I'm not entirely sure. I'll explore it tomorrow, er, later today at this point. Turn it into my very own THIS IS SPARTA! pit or something, and connect it to my mine down at the bottom.

I left a sign on the billboard by the spawn point. Right now, all it says is the general direction I was heading. I share my coordinates once I know for sure I'll be staying where I am currently. I'm probably not all that hard to find anyways though.

One thing I was wondering, is the day/night cycle constant to the server or to the players? Can it be daytime for me while its night for someone else? Otherwise, what happens when there are multiple people in the server, and only 1 tries to sleep in a bed when night comes around?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1251 (isolation #13) » Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:15 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Anyone recognize this hole in the ground?
Also, forgot to mention, I tamed myself a wolf!

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1253 (isolation #14) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

oic. That explains why you were asking me to sleep last night then...

Just FYI I'm working mostly underground right now so I typically won't be sleeping while I'm playing. I probably won't even know when its day or night.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1256 (isolation #15) » Sat Aug 13, 2011 5:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

hey guys wats dis?

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (isolation #16) » Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Alright, so I've been trying to work out what my permanent home is going to look like. Today I decided to go in a single player world on peaceful and hash out a design for my castle. I've had the general idea in my head since I bought the game last week, just needed to work out exactly how it had to be put together. After building, tearing down, and restacking an inventory full of dirt about 3 times, here's a preview of a quarter of the outer structure of my castle - basically, 4 smallish towers at the corners connected by walls. I only built 1 tower and 1 wall for my dirt mockup. The inner structure will then eventually be a castle skyscraper. Thoughts? Suggestions for improvement before I go building for real on the MS server?

Outside:

Inside:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (isolation #17) » Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

Claus wrote:Not Bad at all. The shape is really nice. Suggestion: Don't do it all in cobble. Mix some materials (cobble, smooth stone, Wood)

ooh good idea. I've got loads of cobble I can make smooth stone out of. Might take some experimenting to come up with something that looks nice. LOL I should just mine forever and build my castle out of gold :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1265 (isolation #18) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:54 am

Post by Rhinox »

yup. learned that from the wiki :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1266 (isolation #19) » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

Been reading through the history of the server (AKA this thread) and made it to page 33 so far. Sounds like there is lots of interesting stuff out there farther away from the spawn that I have yet to find.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1269 (isolation #20) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

ok read through the whole thread now. I liked looking through all the screen caps I think everyone should post more of them ;)

Where are all the mazes? I wanna go check them out. I thought about making one myself actually after my castle that I still haven't started :P

Hey quick question - if I craft 9 ingots into a block, and then place the block somewhere, will I get 9 ingots (or the equivalent of) the block back if I use a pick on it, or just 1? Just thinking it'd be cool to have like a storage vault with a pile of gold in it, but I don't want vaporize 8/9ths of my gold in the process...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (isolation #21) » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

Seraphim wrote:The way to get ingots back is to put the block on a crafting table(I think). You'll get the block back if you mine the gold block.

First part I know is correct. I wasn't sure about the second part. I wanted to make sure it wasn't like stairs - aka 6 cobblestone blocks make 4 stairs, but if you break the stairs, you only get 1 cobblestone block back. Therefor, building and destroying cobblestone stairs seems to vaporize cobblestone. I didn't want to make a gold block for example out of 9 ingots, build something with it, and then break it later only to find I get 1 ingot or ore back or something like that.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1276 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 am

Post by Rhinox »

nice pics :) I took a few of my own yesterday but didn't have time to post them. Who's building on the cliffside not far from my bunker? Lookin good up there from down in the valley (I didn't climb up to explore). Whoever it is, you should look around that mountain a little bit. I'm hearing zombies talking in the mountaint at 1 particular spot, and there's a couple neat block structures I found, including a small natural cave system with an awesome waterfall coming down out of the ceiling. Only ore in the caves was some coal though.

I was squatting under than unfinished mob tower for a while my first few days, all lit up and safe from the creepy crawlies of the night. Felt like a homeless guy sleeping under a bridge :P. At some point a skeleton found its way in and killed me a couple times before it got stuc by the mob grinder and I was able to kill it. Thats how I got the bones to tame my wolf on the way to my bunker.

I did some wandering about yesterday. Not sure I'm happy with my current location so I went looking for a different spot to build my castle. I wandered all the way over to (-1500, 1500) which actually isn't too bad a spot, with a nice little lagoon in front, hills in the back, right on the edge of a tundra with sand on the beach. Along the way, I'd keep finding spots where the game would glitch and I could see through the ground to all the laval and cave systems below, until I took a few steps forward. weird. It made searching for a spot kinda difficult because I could see the landscape around me at times.

After all the wandering, I think I might end up building my castle around where I'm at right now afterall :P. IDK, just don't think I'm ever gonna find the proverbial *perfect spot*, or even if I do no one will ever come visit. And I'd kinda like to eventually be "plugged in" to the spawn area via roads, subway, etc. Where I'm at now, thats doable. I've also got water nearby - don't know if its connected to the same body of water as the spawn lagoon but it would be cool to be able to travel back and forth by boat. Maybe build a marina near spawn? blargh, too much thinking, not enough doing on my part :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (isolation #23) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

oh I know, but I wanted to get a little ways away from the town in a safe place to chop some trees and collect the basic stuff for a bed, crafting table, furnace, tools, etc, so I could safely trek away to find my home. I didn't want to maim the landscape directly by the spawn, so I ended up by the mob tower.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1280 (isolation #24) » Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

Spoiler: Pictures
Whos dis? I like...

caves..... but mostly empty

Where the caves are

Cool waterfall in the caves

Glitch. gawd, look at all the caves and lavaaaaaaa
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

Claus wrote:The first picture was MME's attempt at the "tree spirit" challenge. Mine's is somewhere nearby. MME explored a bunch of the caves in that area.

Ah... crap i guess that means i should probably move afterall if i wanna find any caves with stuff in them...

Whats the tree spirit challenge by the way?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1287 (isolation #26) » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

Cool. There's lots of other stuff around that mountain I'm sure I'll get to eventually.

I broke ground on my castle today. Had to level a pretty good chunk of earth down to sea level. FYI the ocean on 1 side wraps all the way around back to spawn bay so definitely going to be building a boat dock next to my castle. Might build another one at spawn bay eventually. It'll have to go outside the bridge unless someone raises the bridge a block.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1290 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

My Milked Eek wrote:I'll redo the bridge at spawn. I built it and had to stop halfway through. I don't really like it anymore D:

Cool. Just leave at least a 2 block gap between the bottom of the bridge and the water so boats can get through.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1294 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:16 am

Post by Rhinox »

ooh cool I'll have to come check it out.

FYI I'm done with the stonework on 3 out of 4 of the outer towers of my castle. Still need to build the walls in between, and then figure out what the inner structure is going to look like.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1305 (isolation #29) » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:28 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Spoiler: Random Pics of the Day
Good Puppy :)

WTF??? Did someone do this or....?

Future Site of Castle Rhinox

Building Site Outlined

Progressing on the Outer Towers

Outer Structure Complete! Inside View...

Outside View...

So I finished up most of the outer structure of Castle Rhinox today. I still need to trade in the wooden doors for iron doors, but I don't have enough iron yet. I also have something neat planned for the 4 towers involving lava. Aside from that, now I need to wait for more inspiration to hit me with ideas for the inner structure.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1310 (isolation #30) » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:44 am

Post by Rhinox »

iShine wrote:Second pic is mine.
One of my mine shafts exits there. =]

You know there's a tree in there right? :P

Musta been one of the first things you did, I think I took that pic a day or 2 after you got whitelisted.

Claus wrote:Hey Rhinox!

I will extend the Mafia Scum Rail Service to your castle (eventually). If you could tell me where you would like the station, that would be awesome :-)

Cool! Right now I'm not sure where the station's going to be, but I'll work on figuring it out.

Oh, and I need to thank MME for donating some cobble for my castle. I completely ran out and would still be mining for more had he not given me some, and my castle walls would still be incomplete. So thanks!

PS MME's place is easy to get lost in, especially underground :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1319 (isolation #31) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

I love the maps! The MSTA kinda looks like crop circles :P

MME that road is great. Can't wait til the bridges are finished. I especially like the part through the tundra where the road goes through a couple tunnles then over a bridge. The halfway house is nice, I took a nap there. Then I followed the road until it ended. Where's the road supposed to end? Are you taking it all the way to UT's place?

Oh claus you know that cave by my castle that you like so much? Well I found another one very similar way at the other end of MME's road. I think its bigger though. I didn't have torches with me so I couldn't figure out how far back it went.

Anyone know how to make a still water moat? I'm gonna put one around my castle (well 2 sides, the other 2 sides are already up against the sea) and I'm not sure how to put the water in without making currents...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (isolation #32) » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

I think I remember reading somewhere that lava isn't infinite / doesn't create new springs, but I'm not sure.

Claus, if I make the moat that way and then go deeper, won't I end up with down currents? maybe thats not a problem...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1328 (isolation #33) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 3:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'll have to take a pilgrimage to UT's place and check it out now that the road is finished.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1330 (isolation #34) » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

Thats fine. I've hit a little bit of a mental block as far as what I want the inner structure of my castle to look like. Maybe I'll get an idea as I'm walking to your place.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1341 (isolation #35) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:18 am

Post by Rhinox »

heh... I'd /in, but the only building material I have in enough abundance is dirt :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1343 (isolation #36) » Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

Untrod Tripod wrote:I cannot find the area. I must be dumb. Can you make some signage around the mob tower or a road there or something?

The road already goes there. Its the opposite direction from spawn. Its the structure with the big pixel art on the side.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1349 (isolation #37) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

Welcome to the site.

I was stalkin' that treehouse last night like a creeper. Looks great. For some reason though the longer I stood there looking at it the more I wondered what it would look like... on fire! :twisted:

(I wouldn't really do that, of course :P)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1352 (isolation #38) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:18 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Chronopie wrote:Account: Chronopie1

Once whitelisted, I'll pick a direction, Walk until sunset, (making some wood tools), and then build myself a small house.

If you end up near my castle, please don't rape ALL the resources in the area... I heard what you did to the terraria server :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1353 (isolation #39) » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:23 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Spoiler: P.S. yesterday's work:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #40) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

wow you must have gotten on late last night after I went to bed then, cuz I was checkin out your waterfalls and stone archways and thats all that was there when I went to bed :P

Alright, I think I'll join the contest. Is it cheating if I use something I found on the internet as inspiration :P

P.S. My castle is going to have the coolest basement ever
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1369 (isolation #41) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

how many blocks tall do you suppose that mob tower is? Just wonderin how much height I have to work with.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1371 (isolation #42) » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:18 am

Post by Rhinox »

:(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1372 (isolation #43) » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:34 am

Post by Rhinox »

Started building my competition "house". Nobody told me how tall the mob tower was and I couldn't figure out how to get up there so.... if I go over a couple blocks don't hold it against me :P

P.S. Claus your house is a freaking creeper magnet. Don't worry I didn't break anything this time, but during my walk to spawn from my castle I found a creeper right on the road outside your front door, so I dropped down to the water to come up the water elevator in the back and slept for the night. When I woke up, the creeper was swimming around in the water under your house :P Made it a little tricky to get out because I didn't feel like chopping your cactus down (I was carrying a full inventory of cobble to work on my competition house). I just really can't get past your house these last couple days without finding creepers.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1378 (isolation #44) » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:25 am

Post by Rhinox »

If the server's down, does that mean we'll get a few more days to work on the competition houses? (pretty please?)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #45) » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Rhinox »

god all I wanted to do was find some sheep...

after I failed at that, I just explored some stuff, found my way into the underground of the MSTA building. After getting lost in the caves and and getting the shit scarred out of me by a random skellie wtf??? (Was able to kill it due to it being dumb and shooting the wall instead of moving into the LOS around the corner I was standing behind), I somehow came back up through a hidden entrance into the train station. That was kinda fun.

I think oh cool, I've never ridden a minecart before maybe if I go to a new area I can get some sheep to spawn. So I grab a spare mine cart and head out towards esurio's place. I don't know how far I made it, but the last thing I expected to see down there were 2 creepers right on the tracks and me not knowing how to stop a minecart.......................

So yeah, then I respawned and made it back to get what was left of my stuff. The tracks totally busted but I left a few rails and a booster rail and a torch in the minecart chest and now I'm scarred for life and will probably never ride another minecart again.

All for a few lousy sheep. So yeah, my competition house probably isn't getting finished because After work tomorrow I'm on the road to my hometown and will be away from minecraft for the weekend. Unless I play in the browser at some point but I won't be on again until Late friday night at the earliest, maybe not until saturday night.

Well, can't do worse than 3rd place right now I guess :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (isolation #46) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:17 am

Post by Rhinox »

I thought I'd be clever and try to get on minecraft at work. Can't log onto the server (unless its down again), but even when I played single player for 3 seconds the FPS were so slow it was unplayable anyways.

So... :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (isolation #47) » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

Thanks. I might actually try that on my laptop if I ever get it up and running again. Or even my wife's desktop since its not really the greatest for games. But...

I really won't (and shouldn't) be trying to play minecraft regularly at work on my work computer :shifty: I already went and found and deleted the .minecraft folder. I don't know whats monitored and what isn't as far as computer usage goes but I don't want to push it. I'm already on this site during the day more than I should reasonably be allowed so by now I figure they're probably not monitoring much, but still.. I can hide a web page on my desktop, make it small so people who walk by and glance at the screen don't even notice. Its a lot harder to hide a game...

Just wanted to see if I could get in just for today during lunch and find some sheep or go collect stuff for dyes. I might not get my competition building done in time, but I'm not going to leave whats there sitting unfinished...

P.S. I'm taking donations. I need 4 stacks of lime green wool to finish the outer stucture of the structure I'm building. Any donations of silk, wool, cactus, cactus green, bone, bonemeal, lime green dye, or green wool may placed in the chest in the bottom of the cobble tower at the competition site. :D I do already have a couple short of a single stack of undyed wool already.

P.S.S. I know I can get plenty of bone from the mob tower assuming the mobs keep spawning and I know there's a desert out on the road past my castle for plenty of cactus (found cactus farm under MSTA, waited for a reasonably long while, got like 4 cactus, gave up...) so I can eventually get both of those to make dye relatively painlessly. Wool has been hard to come by for some reason... The spider trap doesn't give enough silk. Sheep aren't spawning, like, anywhere.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:17 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1399, David Xanatos wrote:Uhm.. why did you make it a 48 hour vote over a holiday weekend? o_0

This.

But thats the order I'd have voted for, so I'm ok with it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1405 (isolation #49) » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1402, Claus wrote:How am I supposed to know it is a holiday if you guys don't tell me? It is not like I didn't say two weeks in advance what where the plans were for the voting period >_>

UT is right, I'll give it a second try after 1.8.

What you mean the whole world
doesn't
revolve around our american holidays?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1409 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 am

Post by Rhinox »

I visited chrono last night. I like playing with the waterslide :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1410 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hey anyone interested in doing a cooperative / succession type of thing?

Like, someone starts by going out into some random place in the world bringing nothing with them, do stuff for some number of day/night cycles (maybe 6? 2hrs of gameplay if no beds are used, 1 hour if building days only), then place all gathered supplies and equipment into chests, and then the next person takes over for their turn of day/night cycles. We could post screenshots of the progress in this thread, and keep cycling through all of us until people start to get bored with it.

(I got the idea from the Civ 5 succession game in mish mash, thought it would be fun to do with minecraft)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1411 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:55 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1390, My Milked Eek wrote:Going to redesign the "palace". It's not really so much of a palace as it is a big stone box.

So, tearing it down over the next few days.

So I freaked out a bit when I walked past your palace and saw it was on fire just now... well what was left of it......
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1430 (isolation #53) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

So I've been reading about strongholds. Apparently the pre-release 1.8 has only 1 spawned stronghold per world (which is being upped to 3 for the actual 1.8). Also, apparently they're like dungeons in that the seed determines where they spawn and is the same for every new world created with the same seed. They also are nearish the spawn point (as in ~500 blocks away). So what I'm thinking is, if the stronghold is supposed to spawn in a chunk that we've already explored on the server world, we might not get a stronghold :(

(Strongholds being different from NPC villages, dungeons, and mineshafts - basically they are a super dungeon and apparently going to be an (the?) objective once minecraft becomes more game-like)

Just wondering if this has any bearing on whether we need to start a new server world from scratch for 1.8...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1436 (isolation #54) » Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So I decided to try out the 1.8 pre-release... spawned on an island in the middle of an ocean. Found 1 tree on a neighboring island. Chopped it down and built a boat. Gone a thousand blocks north and still haven't found land yet O.O
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1438 (isolation #55) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah thats pretty much the feel of it.

Eventually I've found swamps, forest, and deserts. No mountains yet. I did find 1 NPC village. I abandoned the the first world I created after falling down a dark hole and not being able to get out and no torches or tools anyways. Started a new creative world with a new seed, same thing, spawned on an island in the middle of the ocean. Eventually found some land but idk they don't seem like big land masses. Like, they're kinda skinny land masses that keep going but there is the large ocean on either side. Too small to give a continental feeling. I'm expecting to find a land mass as big as the oceans I'm crossing. By the way those oceans are deep and kinda creepy if you sink down in them.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1441 (isolation #56) » Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

The first one was deleted but I think I used as a seed: 1.8 Trial

Second one I can get you for sure from the F3 screen when I get home but I'm pretty sure it was: Trees Please

But yeah I can get you the number seed from the F3 screen for sure later.

Oh by the way in case everyone hasn't noticed yet they released a v2 to the pre-release, supposed to have fixed a bunch of the bugs so far like the memory leak and the furnace thing. Here's the link: http://www.minecraftforum.net/news/220- ... available/
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1446 (isolation #57) » Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:17 am

Post by Rhinox »

yay :)

P.S. I tried the seed: mountainclimber last night, hoping to get some mountains :P

Well, I didn't get any mountains right away, but at least I spawned on land. What was cool is I kinda spawned at a triple point - a point where 3 biomes came together, there was desert, normal forest, and pine forest biomes. Then I walked maybe 100 blocks or so and came upon a swamp, and a river. A little farther I found some plains with a prefab village - a rather nice one actually. Then FINALLY on the other side of the plains I came upon my mountain range. Just thought it was kinda cool with biomes aparently so big now, I found a seed that spawned me basically on the edge of every biome in the game. :) Haven't even gone 500 blocks from the spawn yet.

Also I've notived that friendly mobs are very abundant, but rumor has it they spawn once per chunk, don't despawn, and don't respawn after you kill them. In other words, we should be careful with the cows and pigs and sheeps after the server updates. The chickens can be renewable it you corral them up and collect eggs to through when you want more chickens, but all the others go extinct in your area if you kill them all... Which means after the server updates, we're probably not going to have any mobs in chunks that are already generated.

One last thing - I've read its possible to delete old chunks in established worlds so that they can be regenerated with 1.8 code - possibly we can delete all chunks that haven't been developed in so that we won't have to go as far to find the 1.8 good stuff? yeah yeah I know we can get there with the nether or whatever, but if thats the answer might as well start a new world anyways since I'll probably end up abandoning my castle-in-progress in order to go live in 1.8 areas.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

some nether portals may need to be relit. I read something about it somewhere, but can't re-find what I read >.>

Chrono, basically when you go through a portal, it looks for the closest active portal within 1024 blocks in the overworld. Sounds like when you left your place, the central point was the closest active portal in the nether (I don't think you're more than 1024 blocks away from spawn). When you went back through the central point portal, the spawn portal was the closest active portal in the overworld. Portals don't create direct links to other portals. Basically just go back into the nether, walk over to where your portal is, and relight it to make it work again.

If /home was part of bukkit, it won't work until bukkit 1.8 is out I think.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

Also, I'm hearing theres already a 1.8.1 update today >.>
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1462 (isolation #60) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

hmm... interesting. I came across another thread just this morning that said the file system for the nether files was changed from 1.7. Maybe our nether files need to be moved/renamed?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (isolation #61) » Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:28 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So... idk if this is a problem with minecraft or my computer, but ever since 1.8, my computer's been completely crashing while playing minecraft. It happens unpredictably. The screen locks up and gets a little fuzzy and a static-y sound comes out of the speakers (similar to what old NES games did when they freeze up). That kinda makes me think its a motherboard/graphics card issue with my computer, but it only happens during minecraft, and its only ever happened since 1.8. Only way to get out of it is to pull the plug on the computer (or hold down the power button). The last crash that happened seemed kinda serious - it flashed my CMOS - or at least completely reset the computer's date and time and I had to go reset it in the CMOS to fix it. Just thought I'd warn you guys in case its a minecraft problem and not just related to my computer when its playing minecraft.

P.S. pizza is an interesting, challenging seed if you want an ocean experience without being completely cut off from passive mob spawns.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1487 (isolation #62) » Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1485, Chronopie wrote:I did run out of stews, and I have the bowls... Need Shroom bio asap.

1: Find shroooms
2: use bonemeal to get giant shrooms
3: chop giant shrooms to get lots of small mushrooms
4: rinse/repeat
5: .........
6: profit!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1489, T-Bone wrote:Logged on to the server for the first time tonight. The 0,0 house is not very secure...

Explored a bit. Got attacked by a creeper on the way to the maze, but I managed to make it explode on the side of the road, so no damage was done to the road. There's a nice crater where a tree used to be though.

Man, I'm scarred to venture out and find my own place... On that note, anyone know the location of a grassland biome? I'd like to build there I think.

Maybe I can catch someone online next time.

I think you're referring to JMJ's house. Its always getting creepered :P

You probably found that creeper by claus's house. I see creepers there every time I walk past...

When I first started, I stayed near other's houses until I had a bed and the basic tools and some basic building material, and some torches. Go out with any less than that and you're liable to end up spending nights in 1x2x2 holes in pitch blackness waiting for sunrise. I died by a skellie first time I tried that because I had to keep removing a block in pitch blackness to check if it was light yet, and one time the skellie started shooting in a hole and then a creeper blew up the wall so my survival bunker was gone...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1496 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1492, jmj3000 wrote:
In post 1491, Rhinox wrote:I think you're referring to JMJ's house. Its always getting creepered

No, my house is about 50 blocks away from 0,0. There is an actual 0,0 house.

oh I thought 0,0 was the spawn pit

RayFrost wrote:Pro-tip:

yeah I mean I've figured that out by now just sharing my troubles from the first day/week I played.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1504 (isolation #65) » Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

I might have to fire this up this weekend.

tbh, I got spooked after a minecraft crash flashed my computer's CMOS and I haven't got back on since.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1521 (isolation #66) » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Post by Rhinox »

He burned it down...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (isolation #67) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1524, My Milked Eek wrote:When there's a stable 1.9 (no pre's) I'll start building on my place again. Can't be bothered right now.

Might as well wait for the official non-beta release then. we're only a month away at this point aren't we?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1528 (isolation #68) » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

It would be very cool to be able to tame them like wolves and fly on them :D
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1535 (isolation #69) » Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:40 pm

Post by Rhinox »

whoa, reflections! awesome
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1550 (isolation #70) » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1549, Claus wrote:Check out the "axe of silk touch" (when mining a block, gives you that exact block back -- glowstone, webs, redstone/lapis/diamond ore yay!)

wow... bet it would take a long time to mine with, but... mining smooth stone!!!!!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1580 (isolation #71) » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:38 am

Post by Rhinox »

yeah as everyone else said, there is no metric really for which you could be "behind" other than how much you have built.

Watch out if you first spawn in at night - make a beeline for the nearest lighted structure or you're likely to get killed.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1598 (isolation #72) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:37 am

Post by Rhinox »

I need to start playing this again. Probably after the 11th when the full release comes out and the server gets updated. I think I'm using a pre-release so I can't get on the server right now anyways.

Is the full release on the 11th going to require a world reset?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1600 (isolation #73) » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

Probably, I haven't really been paying close attention for a while.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1608 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

This is a bummer :(

Anything any of us can do to help out?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1614 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:30 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1611, My Milked Eek wrote:It's a hosted one. It's a 1.8.1 server which will upgrade to 1.0 when released. It doesn't bother upgrading to the prereleases which is nice. So if we were to use it, I'd wait until Minecraft goes gold.

Add for donations. If the number of concurrent players doesn't increase dramatically, then I wouldn't mind paying for it myself.

I've also made my peace with losing the world.

I would expect everyone to want to play more after 1.0 is released, and especially if we're going to start a new server more people might be interested in starting from the beginning. I know when I first got the game I remember times when there were 3 or 4 others on with me all the time. I think the slowdown happened after the rapid pre-releases started coming and everyone sorta decided to wait for 1.0. I know I haven't been on at all since pre-releases started rolling out but I did plan to jump back in full force after 1.0. I don't know what this means as far as our server needs, but I'd be happy to help out with costs as long as there's an easy way to do it.

I'm also ok with starting a new server. A lot of you guys did build a lot of awesome things and it'll be sad to see those things go, but it'll also be fun to be a part of starting our new city from the beginning and recreating or making even better things.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1621 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

About the only preference I have for spawn is I really like the harbor town spawn we had. It would be nice to have water/boat access to spawnville. numbat looks just fine but might not be fair if you know where all the dungeons and strongholds are already :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1624 (isolation #77) » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

Oh I thought you had been playing that seed.

So, I think after Minecraft 1.0 comes out and the new server is all situated whoever hosts it, I'm going to celebrate by concentrating my effors on building a minecraft snowglobe to celebrate (it is that time of year, after all, and will probably take me a month to build anyways :P)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:03 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah that sounds like us right now. :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (isolation #79) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Yay!!

except...

Connection Lost

The Server Responded with an invalid server key.

???
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (isolation #80) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Also, sometimes it says I am not whitelisted

And other times, on the server list, it says there is no connection.

Edit: but most of the time its the first error and right now it says 2/6 online.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:54 pm

Post by Rhinox »

oooh got a new error a couple times it said "end of stream"

In post 1639, My Milked Eek wrote:That's a known issue with the mc servers.

Is there a fix?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 18, 2011 3:02 pm

Post by Rhinox »

:?

I'm having every single one of those issues. Restarted minecraft, didn't help. Should I reboot my whole system? My internet is working fine.

Also got a new error:

Connection Lost
Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset

:?

pedit: oh right, I have number in my MC name... :oops:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1650 (isolation #83) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just want to say, ZOMG BEST SPAWN EVER!!!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1657 (isolation #84) » Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So... anyone with mod powers needs to rescue implosion from the nether. He's trapped above the bedrock
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1668 (isolation #85) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

ugh my system keeps locking up and crashing :(

updating drivers now hopefully that will help
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1677 (isolation #86) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

I joined up with the lobby tunnel network and doored off some abandoned mines and placed some signs and everything. Those abandoned mines are horribly confusing, i kept getting lost.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1681 (isolation #87) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I was going to try to tackle a tunnel to spawn later tonight. I'll tie it into the tunnel system under my house, since i think my house is closest to spawn.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (isolation #88) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Just finished a tunnel from spawn to the Lobby tunnel system :)

It starts in the spawn guest house by the chests (it was just outside of spawn protection).

Its all scenic and shit, you should check it out sometime :)

OK, its not completely finished yet still needs some prettying up but its a complete, safe path no mobs.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (isolation #89) » Sun Nov 20, 2011 5:44 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I really like tbone's staircase :)

Also, I did manage to get some gravel from the ravine. Got killed once, almost got lost, made it back to get my stuff, and made it back out with 2 and a half stacks of gravel :P. It was quite the adventure :lol: I'll put it to good use tomorrow, or someone can grab it from the chest in my house if you need it. I think Tbone finished the roads though by the time I got back :P

Speaking of the chest in my house, anyone know why the animation won't open and close anymore? It just always stays open...

P.S. I didn't plan on using the mineshaft, but the spawn tunnel just coincidentally ran right into it :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (isolation #90) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'm sitting at work wishing I could be at home playing minecraft... :(

Anymore "work" that needs done around the village or spawn? I'll be on tonight, I'll do some "work", and then I'm planning an addition to my little waterfront home I've been working on.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1697 (isolation #91) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

Where is DH's home at? I have a couple stacks of gravel.

I've been meaning to spend some time in the nether so maybe I'll go get some glowstone. We're still going to have the issue of mobs spawning at the edges of town and then wandering in. We won't be able to fix that with lights unless we light things up a good ways away from the village. Or we could build a fence or wall around the village?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1709 (isolation #92) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:57 am

Post by Rhinox »

weird...

But that means I now have an ice skating rink in my back yard :)

What happens to waterfalls when they freeze?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1711 (isolation #93) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:33 am

Post by Rhinox »

laaaaaame.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1714 (isolation #94) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'll be home to check it out soon :)

minecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraftminecraft...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1715 (isolation #95) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1713, Matias wrote:REPLACE ALL THE ICE!!!

Wouldn't that screw up the winter biomes though?

It may only apply to chunks we've already generated (can't replace blocks that aren't generated)

Also, water in tundras should refreeze, yes?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (isolation #96) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:31 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1668, Rhinox wrote:ugh my system keeps locking up and crashing :(

FYI in case anyone cared or was having the same problem, my system hasn't crashed since I updated my drivers. I know its generally good to do, but something I don't do nearly enough.

Also, wait til you guys see the incredibly obnoxious char skin I have now. :twisted:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (isolation #97) » Mon Nov 21, 2011 6:57 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1719, Rhinox wrote:
In post 1668, Rhinox wrote:ugh my system keeps locking up and crashing :(

FYI in case anyone cared or was having the same problem, my system hasn't crashed since I updated my drivers. I know its generally good to do, but something I don't do nearly enough.

Nevermind... minecraft did crash my system a couple times tonight. :igmeou:

But I did manage to complete most of the addition to my village house tonight :).
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (isolation #98) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

So whats the verdict on the ice is it staying or going? I was planning on building a dock, and the ice really hampers travel by boat...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1739 (isolation #99) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1738, Chevre wrote:I'm think about developing at -250, -150, which is a marshy area with lots of trees and messed up water color. :P

You found a swamp. Is it the one near the village where UT has staked a claim on all the trees? :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1743 (isolation #100) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

Wooo I have a lakefront property again :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1751 (isolation #101) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:18 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I wanna find a dungeon :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1756 (isolation #102) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:44 pm

Post by Rhinox »

DH dat wall behind my house across the water... :(

I'm sorry that just won't work. I'll move it and figure something out, tie it into the sides of my house or something. But I'm not giving up my beautiful view and water access. Or I know, I'll build a boardwalk along the water with a fence to keep the mobs out. Yeah, thats what I'll do. But yeah I'm sorry, I just can't have that cobble wall there.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1758 (isolation #103) » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:19 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Just checked out the server map. I like :)

So I spent this evening working on replacing the wall across the water behind my house with a boardwalk. I got about a 3rd of the way done. I intend to extend it all the way up to the knoll next to tbone's house.

When I was about to call it a night, I found a creeper IN MY HOUSE!! Not just in my house, but upstairs where I specifically put my "valuables" chest to be away from any possible creeper damage as my only other chest thus far is ground level next to a wall. Imagine my surprise when I turned the corner in my staircase and came face to face with the terror. I heard the sssssssss initially, but thank got for lag it didn't asplode upstairs. Tried to get it to follow me out the house, but... boom headshot to me and the lower level of my addition. The damage wasn't that bad and I fixed it before calling it a night. Moral of the story, no matter how safe the town is supposed to be due to the walls, DON'T LEAVE YOUR DOORS OPEN!!! Not fun...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1761 (isolation #104) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1759, T-Bone wrote:I also intend to tear down that hill outside my house, so feel free to do that Rhinox.

Alright I'll do it tonight unless you beat me to it.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1764 (isolation #105) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1763, T-Bone wrote:I have begun construction of The Great Wall just outside DH's house.

I want to design some sort of gate system so we can get in and out with ease. any ideas?

Redstone lever controlled sticky pistons moving cobble "doors"?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1766 (isolation #106) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:29 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 1765, T-Bone wrote:That'd be cool. I don't begin to know how to make that.

Maybe I'll do a demo at the gate nearest to my house. Basically just requires and XOR logic gate to be constructed out of redstone (for a level on either side of the wall), and some sticky pistons. I'd appreciate someone supplying me some redstone (1 stack tops) and enough slime for say 4 sticky pistons (4 slime balls I think). There are schematics for the redstone XOR logic gate around the web, only tricky part is working out how to connect it to the pistons and levers, which will require some experimentation.

I'll also check out what you built already.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1773 (isolation #107) » Wed Nov 23, 2011 8:45 pm

Post by Rhinox »

So there is now a prototype totally awesome lever activated piston gate in the wall behind DH/Implosion/Claus area. Tbone built the great wall, I spent a good chunk configuring the redstone control room basically right under the gate, and then chrono came along and took my functional but lame looking cobblestone gate and made it completely badass by exchanging the cobble sliders for glowstone and accenting with nether fence. You guys HAVE to check it out next time you're online.

There is a redstone torch on both sides of the wall on the ground - these are my markers to indicate how to get back into the control room if I ever need to. If you're curious and need to go down and check out the redstone, please be careful. Its not very clean, and possible you could get stuck in there and need to break blocks to get out, which would break the gate if you don't know how to put it back together.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1790 (isolation #108) » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:18 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Hey chrono... cows will swim across water to follow you! I led one across the bay behind my house to check. Just have to hold wheat and swim. May be easier than building a dirt bridge. I was going to secretly bring a mooshroom back as a surprise but since you mentioned it just thought i'd let you know they'll swim.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1891 (isolation #109) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:03 am

Post by Rhinox »

I miss minecraft :(

Since friday just been super busy moving into my new place. Don't even have the computer and internet hooked up and running yet. I've gotta hook up a range tonight, and we've got soooo much unpacking to do still. Last night was the first night I got more than 4 or 5 hours of sleep since wednesday night. Not sure when we'll be settled in enough to give me some minecraft time again :(. Hopefully sometime this week.

maruchan wrote:Whoever built the awesome gate behind DH's house, can they build a similar one to spawn? I'm almost to that point in building the wall.

Yeah I was planning on putting another one there anyways. Soon as I have time for minecraft again its on my list of things to do.

tbone wrote:Which reminds me. I completely cock blocked your house Rhinox, because mobs have been getting into town and I suspect that's where.

Matias wrote:See, I told you that dock was a bad idea >=(

tbone wrote:He's just got to fix it so that mobs can't come in.

So far it was just an enderman and zombie...but it could have been a creeper.

Well the dock isn't complete yet. When its done, it'll be just as secure as the wall, I promise. Do what you gotta do to secure the town until I can get back on to finish the dock. I hope you cockblocked my house with dirt and not cobble though... easier to tear back down later. I'm not sure how the mobs actually got INTO town though. I put up the dirt walls so that any mobs that made it past the unfinished dock would be limited to my back yard, basically.

izak wrote:Is this a PvP server?
No, we're a cooperative server. We don't steal each others stuff or greif each others buildings. There have been bans in the past and thats why there's a whitelist now, if you read through the history of the thread.
Last edited by Rhinox on Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1899 (isolation #110) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

tbone wrote:The main wall is finished everywhere except in our bay Rhi, so the gate to the spawn is ready for your magic.
Alright cool. If I get my internet hooked up today I'll get on it tonight.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1918 (isolation #111) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:45 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Welp... still no internet :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1920 (isolation #112) » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Post by Rhinox »

It creeps me out too
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1930 (isolation #113) » Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

someone should quote in the posts from the unofficial thread, for historical completeness :wink:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1947 (isolation #114) » Mon Mar 12, 2012 4:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

sweet I have to try these 2 mazes, then maybe I'll build my next one finally.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (isolation #115) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 5:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah stairs but they take a while. I complained for hours while waiting for grass to crawl up to the top of my town maze. Can you silk touch a grass block and move it up there?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2002 (isolation #116) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

neat. which way?

P.S. Did you guys abandon skytown?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2009 (isolation #117) » Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:48 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just say no to buttons and pressure plates.

After all the complaining about lag, more buttons and pplates are the last things we need.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2031 (isolation #118) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:09 am

Post by Rhinox »

did the world block height increase in the recent update? I seem to remember hearing something about it was coming soon.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (isolation #119) » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:24 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well thats probably the cause of all the lag/framerate issues then.

I remember way back reading a thread about mods that increased the height, but it caused massive lag. When reading about the official update increasing the height, they said they revamped their engine or something for better performance, but aparently they didn't do as good as they thought then
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2053 (isolation #120) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

pee on your lava wall I guess
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2061 (isolation #121) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:05 am

Post by Rhinox »

I put 4GB in my wife's computer when I built it a year or so ago (probably almost 2 years now, eh, it was just before win7 came out). Haven't had big problems yet, but I haven't played minecraft since before the update.

Also just FYI, if you're using 64bit OS's, make sure you're using 64-bit versions of programs - i.e. if you're using 32-bit java all that extra ram might as well be calculating PI in the background, because minecraft won't be using it. Easy thing to overlook. Also, driver updates have fixed things for me like random hard crashes I was getting while playing minecraft. I've got onboard graphics though.

When I build ME a computer, I won't have a thing to worry about ;)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2082 (isolation #122) » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

wow nice town's looking pretty sweet.

Can I make a request though? Can whoever built the bridge across the harbor from my dock create a section in the middle that has at least a 2-block gap above the water surface so I can get boats through?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2145 (isolation #123) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:44 am

Post by Rhinox »

ya know, I'm gonna have to get on now and finish my skytown "house"

I haven't been on in a while, and I was strapped for ideas due to the height of my mountain, but due to the higher block height now I think I can do what I wanted to do there <3
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2148 (isolation #124) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

I wish I could.
Its my B-day, and I'll be out of town away from my computer.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (isolation #125) » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

Yeah for those who are inclined, you can build pretty elaborate cannons that actually phase a bunch of TNT into a 1-block area, and then launch stuff really fucking far, like thousands of blocks.

It can cause a ton of lag though, for the whole server, if enough TNT is used. I think we've tested up to like a dozen TNT at once with no ill effects though.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2209 (isolation #126) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

FYI: getting stuck above the bedrock isn't anything new by the way. people on the mafiascum server had to be rescued in the past.

It is kinda cool that you can get there and back with nether portals now though. It used to only be a glitch.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2211 (isolation #127) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

Well if you tell me how you got up there I could bring you some obby I already have in a chest. But its probably likely claus will get to you before I can anyways
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2220 (isolation #128) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:06 am

Post by Rhinox »

Still stuck Izak? I'm heading home now, I can be on for a minute sometime between 5:30 and 6:00 PM to bring you some obby to get off the bedrock if you can be on then.

To make it quicker, can you direct me to the path you glitched through? I know the nether road from skytown to spawntown, so if you can give me directions relative to that path it would be most helpful :)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2224 (isolation #129) » Wed Mar 21, 2012 11:13 am

Post by Rhinox »

izak you have a portal now by your bedrock house

might want to write down the coords so we can link up an overworld portal, I didn't

The escape portal will take you back to spawn town

(ignore the extra obby failed portal, I messed up the dimensions the first time and didn't have a diamond pick)

((PS to do the glitch, sometimes it does it on its own, but if you log out and have someone place blocks where you were, it will respawn you at the top of the first free block at that location, so at the top of the nether if its all filled in above you))

(((thanks to whoever helped me, I didn't recognize the minecraft username)))
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (isolation #130) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:39 am

Post by Rhinox »

izak, where did you build the portal to get to the top of the nether?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (isolation #131) » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:33 am

Post by Rhinox »

Just got my new computer at work. 20 gigs of ram! I wonder if I can play minecraft at work now?? :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2289 (isolation #132) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:32 am

Post by Rhinox »

Try reseting your DNS?

Don't bother emailing Mojang about the issue, here's the response I finally got back today, weeks after I was having the same problem:

Anton Albiin replied:

Hi Matthew,

We're sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your game. Unfortunately, due to differences with individual computers, our support is limited mostly to accounts and billing. You may want to visit the Minecraft forum at http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum/155-support, and browse the topics for an answer that matches your issue, or create a new topic on the forum and ask the Minecraft community.

Thanks,

- Anton

So helpful...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2303 (isolation #133) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:31 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2302, chesskid3 wrote:flushed and reset my DNS

still doesn't work

how did you end up fixing yours Rhinox?

waited it out :(

The next day it just magically worked :shrug:

edit: can you connect through the browser and minecraft.com?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2307 (isolation #134) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

Probably won't use it, but neat anyways.

Is this PvP survival thing supposed to mimic The Hunger Games? :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2321 (isolation #135) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:07 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2318, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 2303, Rhinox wrote:
In post 2302, chesskid3 wrote:flushed and reset my DNS

still doesn't work

how did you end up fixing yours Rhinox?

waited it out :(

The next day it just magically worked :shrug:

edit: can you connect through the browser and minecraft.com?

yea

IC. I could log into minecraft.net on the website but I couldn't even play in the browser. so iunno
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2323 (isolation #136) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2322, chesskid3 wrote:my computer clock was wrong >_>

fixed it

That was the problem? weird...

Does your minecraft crash now and then? One time my client crashed so bad it reset the cmos time :?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2328 (isolation #137) » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

can't you just remove every block outside of 1000x1000 area or something? I guess you could build platforms out above the void then or something, but maybe thats ok?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (isolation #138) » Tue Mar 27, 2012 2:16 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2356, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 2352, Om of the Nom wrote:WHY DON'T WE GET ONE ISLAND EACH?

BECAUSE WE BOTH WANT THAT ONE

You guys do realize you live in an infinite minecraft world, right?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2401 (isolation #139) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:21 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'll try to /in for hardcore.

Is the mod easy to add and remove when done?

What time is 6 or 7 GMT in EDT? Is that really 2AM or 3AM??? :(

Don't think you'll be needing to make any homework excuses to get alone time to play then, Xalxe :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2404 (isolation #140) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:31 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2402, izakthegoomba wrote:If you use other mods, just back up your minecraft.jar before you install it. If not, just delete minecraft.jar when we're done, and Minecraft will retrieve a vanilla one.

ok, I think. I don't use any mods. Do I need to do anything special to access the files in the minecraft.jar? I thought it was just a single file?

In post 2403, Xalxe wrote:
In post 2401, Rhinox wrote:or 7 GMT in EDT? Is that really 2AM or 3AM???

Nope 1-2pm

ah PM. But don't forget daylight savings time. doesn't that make it 2-3?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2420 (isolation #141) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2416, Xalxe wrote:Alrighty then, you're 5h ahead of EDT.

Fixed, as we are in EDT right now.

Which means I believe you're also 5 hours ahead of EST as well, when the time changes back in the fall.

BAH this is why timezones and daylight savings time are stupid. Everybody go to GMT. No reason other than tradition that 12 noon has to be close to mid day.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2424 (isolation #142) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:38 am

Post by Rhinox »

So who's the one who maimed the pond landscapes in skytown? I had plans for that pond at the base of my mountain :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2428 (isolation #143) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2426, Maruchan wrote:
In post 2424, Rhinox wrote:So who's the one who maimed the pond landscapes in skytown? I had plans for that pond at the base of my mountain :(

Oh that was me I think.

The giant ugly what used-to-be-a-lake?

That made my GlassHouse possibru.

but but but you know there's a desert just near by right?? :( :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2433 (isolation #144) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:53 am

Post by Rhinox »

I'm still confused
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2439 (isolation #145) » Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:49 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2433, Rhinox wrote:I'm
still
even more confused
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2503 (isolation #146) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:56 am

Post by Rhinox »

Have fun racing everone wish i could play too :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2505 (isolation #147) » Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2543 (isolation #148) » Sun Apr 01, 2012 1:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2506, Xalxe wrote:So what?

Also happy Scumday.

It was my b-day but thanks anyways :P

No computer to play on thats why V/LA means I couldn't race.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2672 (isolation #149) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:23 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2671, izakthegoomba wrote:I think I'm going to start making a PvP Arena, but not on the server. I'll make it with WorldEdit in single player, then we can use it for a weekend thing some time.

Heh... I've been secretly planning to build a huge PvP arena on the server but I keep sabatoging myself by not playing minecraft (blasphmey!). Now it'll just seem like I'm stealing your idea :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2676 (isolation #150) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

Tbone: Well yeah, but I have more epicness in mind.

I think our server needs a little more epicness and aesthetically cool stuff in general. Like, we need stuff like the Mafiascum Transit Authority building, and MME's palace and roads and bridges, and cool structures like the bircage and the floating lava lake and water slide just cuz. I mean we have some cool stuff, but I think we can do better.

I think I may have to venture out away from the towns on a minecraft walkabout/pilgramage for inspiration.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2677 (isolation #151) » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

Happy birthday Maru!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2722 (isolation #152) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Is it still safe to go to the end? is the dragon dead again? I may need more endstone soon
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2736 (isolation #153) » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Oh crap battle royale is tomorrow?

I def wont make it sry :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2939 (isolation #154) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 4:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

Saturday night please and I might be able to make it. Friday night/ saturday early I will be AFK.

Also, I finally started building at my skytown site, rather than just squatting at it for months and months. I'm building an endstone cathedral - well, mini cathedral, because there's not that big of a footprint up there. Its what I wanted to do there all along, but before the updates I was afraid the worldheight would limit me. Now, no problem there :) I'm still worried it won't be as grand or as detailed as I'd like, but I'm tired of staring at an empty mountain top :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2951 (isolation #155) » Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:27 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2949, Xalxe wrote:
In post 2939, Rhinox wrote:Saturday night please and I might be able to make it. Friday night/ saturday early I will be AFK.

What about like Saturday afternoon?

I'm heading down to pittsburgh friday night. I know I'm coming back sometime saturday, but I don't know for sure when I'll be back. The later on saturday, the more likely I'll be able to make it.

Would I need any mods for this?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2970 (isolation #156) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2954, Xalxe wrote:Rhinox, how's like 3 or 4 in the afternoon? izak can make that and my bro and I are good whenever.

Others, interested? The more the merrier!

No promises. If I'm home, I'll get on. Feel free to go without me if I don't make it back.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2986 (isolation #157) » Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 2985, izakthegoomba wrote:OM NOM

WHY IS IT

THAT THE FIRST THING YOU MAKE

THAT LOOKS SOMETHING APPROACHING NICE

IS ON A WORLD THAT WILL BE GONE IN A FEW DAYS?

pics or it didn't happen

Also, happy scumday izak!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3019 (isolation #158) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3018, mikehart wrote:
In post 2991, Maruchan wrote:@mike, isntead of what I said earlier.

How about a plugin that plays a game like mafia in minecraft?

Well you could do that already with mail for roles and have gamedays playout in the chat like playing on aim

Anything particular ideawise you can give me? I suppose it might be possible to set up a command type thing to allow mafia to use a /mafiakill command, doctors to use a /doctor command, etc and have the logic run through the various commands. Im not a great idea man when it comes to software. im a much better codemonkey.

Wow suddenly this seems like an awesome idea. All sorts of ideas popping into my head. I had a big post, but I just deleted it on purpose. It was a wall of text. I'm starting to spiral. I wish I new how to code in java or whatever minecraft is coded in. All of a sudden I want to storyboard all my ideas for this mod :P. I won't be able to stop thinking about it until I do.

Whats the best way to organize an outline of features if I were trying to instruct someone else how to code it?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3023 (isolation #159) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

Ok here's my best shot at an outline for Minecraft MafiaMod:

Here's some hard coded things the mod would need:

Create Player Primary Groups: [observer], [moderator], [town], [mafia], [werewolf], [SK], [any other faction]
Subgroups (may be in addition to any of the groups above): [[mason]], [[neighbor]], [[vanilla]], [[any other role]]

Create Chat Streams:
t: defalt stream in game - Game thread
-Read access: Every Primary group and subgroup
-Read active: anytime
-Write access: Every primary group and subgroup EXCEPT observer
-Write active: minecraft day only

[letter]: mafia communication - Mafia QT, basically
-Read access: All subgroups of primary groups- [mafia], [moderator]
-Write access: All subgroups of primary groups- [mafia], [moderator]
-Write active: set by moderator command (default: minecraft night only)

[letter]: observer chat (dead thread)
-Read access: All subgroups of primary groups- [observer], [moderator]
-Write access: All subgroups of primary groups- [observer], [moderator]
-Write active: anytime

etc... possibly more chat streams available for mason groups, neighborhoods,
cults
- basically, any group that would get a QT in a mafia game, there should be a hardcoded available chat stream with applicable read/write permissions for the hardcoded groups. [moderator] would have read/write access to any group, every other [group] [[subgroup]] permissions as appropriate. When you press the keyboard letter for the chatgroup, it only brings up the window if your group as write permission. If you have read permission only, you only get the pop up if someone else talks. If you have no permissions, you get nothing. There should be some way to distinguish which stream a message is coming from on the popup, for example: '<t> Rhinox: I think Xalxe is scum' the <t> would signify I'm talking in the 't' chat stream or main thread, and I happen to think xalxe is scum. This is for the benefit of players with access to multiple chat streams.

Available commands:

[Observer] chat commands:
/moderate - become a game moderator, your player group changes from [observer] to [moderator]
[Observer] keyboard commands:
t - does nothing (no write access to main chat stream)
[*] - Bring up observer chat stream for write access - * to be replaced with the TBD actually letter

[Moderator] chat commands:
/observe - give up game moderator priveledges
/align Playername [group] [[subgroup]] - assigning roles, basically. Could be set up to notify the player privately (like a role PM) when the mod assigns a new group?
--GUI display: New Group Assignment: [Group] [[Subgroup]] - seen as a notification only by the player who is affected by the change, and the moderator as confirmation
/kill Playername - to enforce night kills/lynches if necessary
--GUI display - on the <t> chat stream, display 'Playername [Group] [[Subgroup]] has died'
--when player respawns, they are automatically reassigned to [observer] group
/daytalk - to turn the mafia chat stream on during the day, works as a toggle?
/day - set minecraft to day (at dawn)
/night - set minecraft to night (at sunset)
--both useful for resetting days or nights if there are delays, or quick lynches, or whenever
Maybe some sort of command to set the day and night lengths in minecraft, if thats even possible (/setday [min], /setnight [min] maybe?) idk the default 10m days and nights is probably pretty good for a live mafia game.
Keyboard commands:
all the letters to bring up the different chat streams

All group commands:
/observe - to unalign, quit basically, or if the mod makes a mistake and has to reroll or something.
/vote [player] - to vote for a player see below for more information
keyboard commands:
-allowable chat screen hotkeys
-PM hotkey - bring up a popup (like inventory) with a field for user and message

I think with the PMs and a live moderator, people could just PM role actions to the moderator, who will resolve them and post day scene, rather than trying to automate and write logic for all possible actions and resolutions.

Although I also think for the size game we're likely to run with 5-7 ppl tops, there won't be more than 2ppl per faction other than town, so mafia could communicate through the PM funtion only and not need a chat stream, I'm just thinking more along the lines of bigger games possibly in maru's server.

I think I'm forgetting some commands I had in mind earlier but anyways... so how to play?

Well everyone joins the server and everyone is [oberver] by default. The server could have a town built, with houses and a lynchpost (lava pool maybe?). each house has a bed.

someone decides to mod and sets themself as [moderator]. Or co-mods. Or [observers] who want to see behind the scenes of who is mafia and what they are thinking while the game is in progress. Yes, it could be abused or used to cheat, but I think mafiascum is built on trust that while cheating is possible, nobody does it. I think we can handle not abusing the system. IDK about maru's server though.

[moderator] then sets everyone's roles and alignments. Once everyone is set, the mod uses /day and announces game start. everyone talks in the main chat stream.

GUI UPDATE: In the upper right of the screen, there could be a list of all players on the server. Name is in say red or yellow for [moderator], white for all players assigned to a group other than [observer], and gray for [observers]. Next to the name in (#) - number of votes. When a player uses /vote, their name shows up next to the name of the player they voted in the list, along with the updated vote total. It would be cool if it could automatically list the order in most to least votes, but not necessary. When a majority is reached, depending on preference, either the system could autokill the player who was lynched and reveal group and subgroup, or the player could be ceremonially led to the lavapool to be lynched, or if the player is not cooperating, the moderator can just use the /kill command.

At night, everyone goes to the houses. All the townies get into bed. Mafia talk and get into bed after they tell the mod their choice. When everyone is in bed, then it jumps to day (moderator is the last one to get into bed). Or if the bed thing is too lame, everyone just goes to hang out in the houses and waits for day or the mod to use the /day command. reason is, don't want no gamebreaking thing like "if you don't continuously move all night you're conf scum!". So kinda the equivalent of F2F mafia where everyone puts their heads down except for scum.

I think thats it. Makes sense? sound reasonable? sound at all enjoyable?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3028 (isolation #160) » Thu Apr 12, 2012 1:41 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I was talking about a separate server/ special event type tthings :igmeou:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3035 (isolation #161) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:46 am

Post by Rhinox »

Might just make it backb by 3 but idk how long it will take to figure out how to load the hardcore mod so idk if i'll be able to play or not
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3040 (isolation #162) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Post by Rhinox »

huh I coulda swore the PvP thing was supposed to be today. I will prolly be around all day next weekend but the inlaws are stopping by so idk if I'll be able to minecraft.

Guys I need some wool, like half a stack of red and 2 stacks of yellow. Do we have a sheep farm that can provide that? (actually maybe I can use glowstone for the yellow but I def. need the red. for my cathedral.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3042 (isolation #163) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:46 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ooh thanks

(where's your house? :oops: )
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3044 (isolation #164) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:56 pm

Post by Rhinox »

At skytown? (idk where chesskid is either :shifty: )
Last edited by Rhinox on Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3046 (isolation #165) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I'm at vanilla town

still don't know where to go

#sucksatlifetonight
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3048 (isolation #166) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

ah I found it now (shoulda told me to look for the big middle finger >.>)
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3049 (isolation #167) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by Rhinox »

also, what are the wishing well blocks? I haven't seen them before. are they new?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3053 (isolation #168) » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by Rhinox »

I got enough red wool from Xalxe for what I need (thanks!). I decided I'd rather use glowstone for the other part of my project, so I'm off to mine in the nether unless someone would be kind enough to donate me a stack or 2 of glowstone <3
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3113 (isolation #169) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:26 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3112, Xalxe wrote:

Y SO FAIL

Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3117 (isolation #170) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:04 am

Post by Rhinox »

hehehe

just pickin' on ya. I'll come check out your house next time I'm on. Where's it at?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3146 (isolation #171) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3143, Om of the Nom wrote:NO WAY AM I GETTING UP AT 5AM ON A WEEKEND. WEEKENDS ARE FOR SLEEPING IN AND PLAYING GAMES ALL DAY.

ALL-NIGHTER
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3149 (isolation #172) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

NO ITS A SATURDAY NIGHT TO SUNDAY MORNING THEN JUST SLEEP LOTS SUNDAY NIGHT
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3152 (isolation #173) » Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:14 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3151, Om of the Nom wrote:Also Rhinox if you are able to come on the server now I can show you what I've done with my house.

I'm at work. Won't be home and able to get on for another 6 or 7 hours
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3168 (isolation #174) » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

So about saturday PvP...

Probably won't be able to get online at 3. In laws are coming and we're probably going out for a late lunch/early dinner for my wife's birthday. I'm guessing they probably won't be leaving until sometime in the 5-7 time frame. so.... yeah...
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3230 (isolation #175) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:43 am

Post by Rhinox »

Why do the chix look more like ducks than chix? :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3266 (isolation #176) » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:21 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3265, T-Bone wrote:
In post 3264, theplague42 wrote:Dammit, I'm going all day tomorrow. You should move it to Sunday :?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3312 (isolation #177) » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:49 am

Post by Rhinox »

Maru is that your ruins in town back by the tree farm next to brandi?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3347 (isolation #178) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Rhinox »

And I'm going to be gone again for most of the day next saturday, so I guess I prolly won't be able to do survival games :(

In other news Maru sucked me into his server and set me up with a house plot and a shop plot. Can someone give me the general rundown of how everything on maru's server works?

Oh and nobody answered me before - on the mafiascum server, who's house is (was) in town, back by the tree farm, right next to brandi's place? It appears as if there was a building there that burnt down completely, seems like from a fireplace gone wrong. Was that maru? or someone else? The tunnel from the hub is branched off from implosions path. Was that what maru was talking about earlier with accidentally burning down a house or is someone else gonna be surprised next time they log on?

Also, also, not a huge deal, but.... someone broke my glowstone in my fireplace in spawntown :igmeou: . I've replaced it now, please don't do it again.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3354 (isolation #179) » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:41 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3353, T-Bone wrote:Build a fire for a man and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

buahahaha! :lol:
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3455 (isolation #180) » Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

*snicker*
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3483 (isolation #181) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:04 pm

Post by Rhinox »

skyblock offline :(
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3494 (isolation #182) » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3493, Maruchan wrote:
In post 3491, mikehart wrote:Maru, I don't know if you can change it but you should add the /newisland command to the help in skyblock. After I screwed up my generator I couldn't figure it out for awhile.

/skyblock help 2

Maybe add help 2 to the sign on the tower?

the help says page 1 of 2 but I couldn't figure out how to get the second page >.>
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3540 (isolation #183) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by Rhinox »

so.... someone fucked up my skyblock island. Stole some dirt/sand and fucked up my cobble generator. idk I guess it coulda happened when the server crashed but idk. I'm resetting because I wasn't that far along but I'd like for it to not happen again. I know this isn't whitelisted. If someone did it, they had to know they were fucking with my stuff bc the only way you can get to others' islands is if you add that person to your list right?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3542 (isolation #184) » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Rhinox »

basically I think I'm only missing 4 dirt blocks unless something was taken from my chest but yeah a block of sand I thought was stolen was in my chest and a couple dirt blocks were in random places I didn't leave them so idk what happened but I don't think it happened on its own.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3572 (isolation #185) » Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3567, Maruchan wrote:
In post 3556, izakthegoomba wrote:Most of us use melons for food, so I'm sure it would be a welcome addition.

ewwww

bread is somuch better

I use bread + melons

melons when I need a top off less than 2.5 hungerbars.

wheat is kinda boring to farm/replant, especially with the size farm in town.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3585 (isolation #186) » Tue May 01, 2012 10:47 am

Post by Rhinox »

no need for insults. You're both right, you're just evaluating based on different criteria.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3609 (isolation #187) » Wed May 02, 2012 7:40 am

Post by Rhinox »

I might be /in for this can't think of any plans for the next few saturdays
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3627 (isolation #188) » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

Post by Rhinox »

you know you can collect back half the EXP that you had if you go collect it from where you died right?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3630 (isolation #189) » Wed May 02, 2012 10:08 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3629, T-Bone wrote:I only got back 6 levels.

weird. I died with 10EXP not long ago and collected back 5 so I assumed it was half.

guess to get it back you could always go lag the server blaze farming like everyone else :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3664 (isolation #190) » Mon May 07, 2012 2:55 am

Post by Rhinox »

Hey can someone explain to me quickly how the shopplots work in maru's server? How do I actually sell stuff? I figured out how to buy stuff.. accidentally >.>
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3666 (isolation #191) » Mon May 07, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

OK so what happens to the 10 dirt I list in that example does it stay in my inventory until someone buys it or does it go somewhere else? Then - what happens if I use the items before they're sold if they stay in my inv -or- if they go somewhere, how do I get them back if they don't sell... buy them from myself?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3668 (isolation #192) » Mon May 07, 2012 5:35 am

Post by Rhinox »

ok I get it now thanks!

So... anything in high demand so I can go collect it and make lots of monies??
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3674 (isolation #193) » Mon May 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3669, mikehart wrote:
In post 3663, Xalxe wrote:I hate those people.

*rude gesture*

When you can convince my wife to let me buy it ill be happy to. Until then you can bite me.

You have to ask permission for $20 purchase? Cmon man wear the pants :P
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (isolation #194) » Thu May 10, 2012 4:28 am

Post by Rhinox »

The server had bukkit before, when UA was the host. There are a bunch of things bukkit CAN do that I'm not really a fan of, but I think we really only used it for the /home and /sethome commands which I do miss. Bukkit isn't inherantly bad, its just more of a toolbox than anything if I understand it correctly, and you can choose which tools to utilize. Is that correct?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3765 (isolation #195) » Mon May 14, 2012 2:42 am

Post by Rhinox »

tentative /in

I don't have skype though.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3767 (isolation #196) » Mon May 14, 2012 2:50 am

Post by Rhinox »

I mean I guess I could get skype. I don't have a headset for the computer though, and my wife thinks I'm wierd when I'm talking to the computer/xbox.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3790 (isolation #197) » Thu May 17, 2012 3:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

I didn't set up an account yet no. I should do that. Do you guys use text chat or voice chat or video or what for this?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3793 (isolation #198) » Thu May 17, 2012 4:22 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 3792, Xalxe wrote:Yeah, voice works best. You don't need a camera or anything though.

but I do need a headset

I guess I wouldn't for my phone app technically
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3796 (isolation #199) » Thu May 17, 2012 7:27 am

Post by Rhinox »

yeah I'd still want a headset for my phone though, rather than speakerphone.

Return to “The Arcade”