Open 463: Black Flag Nightless (Game Over)

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:12 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1121, Justin Timberlake wrote:Thor, I want to know who you think fits as Jesses partner. And please don't give me a "Only want to find one mafia" response.

But I only want to...

Okay, here's my stance - I rarely buddy pair hunt.

Basically, I think it's a miracle when town claims scumtells and properly points at scum in the first place. Throw in the vageries of 'this theory partnership does/doesn't make sense' and I think all you're doing is ordering an extra bottle of wine to your table.

Jesse either is or isn't scum based on his reactions Day 2 and his vote swirl Day 3+4.
I don't see that as town, the leaps make no sense to me. I don't know who his buddy may or may not be, but he looks like scum by himself and that's all I think matters.

Of your N/Soul mumblings I think I'm vaguely leaning Soul...maybe. So I suppose the answer would be I'm thinking Soul/Jesse. Let's go with that for now.
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:05 am

Post by Deadpool »

In post 1117, N wrote:
And if we're talking about possible pairings, have a look at Jesse and Deadpool/absta. Jesse spent a lot of time early in the game soft-defending Absta, until Absta came in and said "Wtf is your problem? Stop defaming me." Even after that, the only thing Jesse actually addressed Absta with was a generic "Can you explain a lot more in depth your reads?"
After Deadpool replaced in, Jesse has only addressed him is in general futile chatter. First thing Deadpool says about Jesse is "Jesse reads as somewhat scum." and makes a small case against him, before suddenly (with no mentions of him in between) "Jesse reads genuine :/" and telling him "I already said you read town" and then that last bit of chain-sawing on me and Thor (I hope I'm using the right buzzword here).
I know Sixty listed them both in the never lynch list, but thinking about Sixty's play, I think she'd either list both of their buddies, or neither.

This is scum.

Huge stretch, and first he started soft pushing me because I thought Jess was town and he got angry because he was trying to push a mislynch, and now he follows up trying to incriminate me :roll: Def pulling shit out of his ass just trying to get a Jess lynch.

More N votes please.
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 am

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1122, Faraday wrote:
In post 1111, Soul2277 wrote:A. Define buddying. Mine is when two people just obviously connect with each other in thread in a nice/helpful way. The votes being next together is buddying.

And you think this is scummy? (Or makes them more likely scum together why?)

HA!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 am

Post by Soul2277 »

*twitch*

so
many
pages
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:52 am

Post by Cerulean »

In post 1119, Justin Timberlake wrote:Also shows he's willing to hammer and buss partners when they're dead meat so his vote on N this game rather than Sixty is a point towards him being town. I couldn't find scum qts in either game though, seems they weren't posted.

But yeah, growing more and more convinced that the play today is either Soul or N.

Context-wise, this game might be different. There might be some validity to Thor's argument that his vote drew Jesse-scum onto the N wagon because he wasn't sure that Sixty was necessarily dead meat. Given that scum have daytalk, though, not sure this is compelling because presumably Vi/Tierce would have been yelling at Jesse to bus-hammer and his scum meta reflects compliance with that play. Plus, Tammy thinks there are certain things Jesse has said that sound really genuine, especially regarding Thor. I'm not 100% convinced on that front since I think he might be capable of saying stuff like #912's "If there’s a Day 5 I would feel really sorry for/take malicious enjoyment out of watching a town fall to you again" as scum.

I agree 100% with one of Soul/N being the play today. I think enough time has passed where I can talk about this more freely.

If we accept the following assumptions as true:
1) That Cerulean, Justin Timberlake, and Deadpool are all town.
2) That Regfan's PoE analysis is accurate

Then it is town autowin because the objectively best play becomes to lynch one of Soul/N:
a) if we lynch N and he flips town, this basically clears Thor as there is no other person he could reasonably be paired up with. Therefore, the scumteam is Jesse/Soul.
b) if we lynch Soul and they flip town, this basically clears Jesse as there is no other person he could reasonably be paired up with. Therefore, the scumteam is N/Thor.

Let me know if there's anything wrong with this analysis.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Deadpool
Deadpool
Goon
Deadpool
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:29 am

Post by Deadpool »

OH SHIT THIS ISN’T LYLO WHY DIDN’T NO ONE FUCKING TELL ME THIS EVEN WHEN I MENTIONED IT WAS LYLO THINKING IT WAS LYLO?

Wtf then N wagon ahoy!
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:47 am

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1123, Justin Timberlake wrote:
In post 1111, Soul2277 wrote:A. Define buddying. Mine is when two people just obviously connect with each other in thread in a nice/helpful way. The votes being next together is buddying.

BAMF

I already said why in the first post I quoted where this started. They want mislynches most right now. So being willing to connect more to push for two mislynches works. Especially when neither really is pushing the other nor does it look like they plan to vote the other.

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:18 pm

Post by Justin Timberlake »

In post 1131, Soul2277 wrote:
In post 1123, Justin Timberlake wrote:

BAMF

I already said why in the first post I quoted where this started. They want mislynches most right now. So being willing to connect more to push for two mislynches works. Especially when neither really is pushing the other nor does it look like they plan to vote the other.

~Mehdi

Okay. I agree. Vote N, I'll vote him and then Ceru can hammer. (Since I found thor the townier of the two)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:27 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Wait until tonight then.

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:28 pm

Um, why? COME ON~ Live a little.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:29 pm

if you don't vote n i won't flirt with you
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

OS finishing his wall should be around then. Later tonight would have been better though, but waiting a couple hours won't kill you.

~Mehdi
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

And Faraday I'm still male.

~Mehdi
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 pm

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23569 Empire I think REGFAN wants you to take a look at this as it's Soul22222222227's only hydra game. he's gonna be reading it later when he stops partaking in the rather fun activity of watching cricket (lmao cricket)
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:32 pm

In post 1137, Soul2277 wrote:And Faraday I'm still male.

~Mehdi

It's not gay if it's in a 3 way
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:33 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Who's the 3rd then?

~M
Justin Timberlake
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Justin Timberlake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:34 pm

Regfan will wear a dress. It's close enough.
I'M BRINGING SEXY BACK
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:14 pm

Post by Cerulean »

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Faraday you so crazy!

ALSO, ARE YOU GUYS PLANNING TO END THE GAME WHEN IM ON VACATION?

How will I partake in the festivities?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Hmmmm...where has OS been this whole time since his catchup walls? On a skim, he's a lot more active in the hydra in Dirty Dealing.

~Empire.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:35 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

Right now thanksgiving. Before just busy really (you can ask him with what exactly) and he is the wall side of this hydra at the moment (asking him to write two cases thinks a bit of time although one is mainly done). In my case I don't celebrate thanksgiving at all so it just gives me more free time.

~Mehdi
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Cerulean »

Who is he making a case on?
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:40 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

You realize jt asked for a n/thor case (and considering you're reading DD mafia you should realize our cases are on the long side). N is the one that's mostly done. Thor hasn't really been written yet and is the later tonight thing. Do you want them posted together or separately?

~M
Cerulean
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Cerulean
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:43 pm

Post by Cerulean »

This is Tammy and I didn't realize he had asked you for a case, or just didn't remember. I figured it was probably n or Thor but was wondering which one was more likely.
We're blue

~Empire and Tammy hydra~
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:48 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

In post 1104, Justin Timberlake wrote:B) if they're the only pair you think are possible you would have confidence, confidence means you would know there's a lot of posts and linkages that would create a strong case, show me them yourself if you don't want Oversoul to do it. I have no issue with what

Looking at other parts of that convo should also help clear it up (and you didn't actually answer the question in the last post).

~M
Soul2277
Soul2277
Goon
Soul2277
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:02 pm

Post by Soul2277 »

I'm here Tammy but I had a paper to write over the weekend due monday and I anticipated not being very active for this game hence the hydra. Plus I've been kinda more lazy because I have Mehdi to rely on.
Then driving home and family time + old friend time

In short real life got the better of me and I am using Mehdi as a crutch for activity when I shouldn't be and I am sorry. To everyone. Including Mehdi.

Return to “Completed Open Games”