The MafiaScum Minecraft Thread - Summer 2024 NEW SERVER!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.

Event & Minigame RSVP ~ Week of 20/5 - 26/5:

Server START-UP Celebration - 22/5/2024 (To-Be-Finalized!)
33%
Inaugural SPLEEF Tourney - (Share your date/time preference!)
33%
Other Games, Speedrun Maps, IDK?! - (Share in comments!)
33%

Total votes: 3

izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8572 (isolation #1200) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Aww, that sucks. :(
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8577 (isolation #1201) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

/ban Xalxexii

;)
(Mostly) on hiatus until further notice. Planet MafiaScum 2 will be modded by Inspi and JDGA - go check it out!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8582 (isolation #1202) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...should fire spread not be turned on?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8592 (isolation #1203) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:10 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

You reeeeaaally love your silk touch pick, don't you, Xalxe?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8595 (isolation #1204) » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

/in

Solo for now, unless someone wants to team with me?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8616 (isolation #1205) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Anyone else getting random crashes shortly after logging into the server? I can run single player worlds and join other servers just fine, it's just this one that's giving me problems.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8618 (isolation #1206) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Source blocks can be cheated in, but I'm not sure if I should do that considering nether water was never supposed to be a thing in the first place...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8621 (isolation #1207) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, alright. I'll have a better look when my laptop stops derping.

In post 8619, Xalxe wrote:
In post 8618, izakthegoomba wrote:Source blocks can be cheated in, but I'm not sure if I should do that considering nether water was never supposed to be a thing in the first place...

You had it because of ice, right?

Yeah.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8624 (isolation #1208) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So, guys...

I'm leaving home. Finally. Going to live on a distant island, find myself, some shit like that. I've taken some stuff that I want with me to give myself a leg-up with a new life, but the truth is I've mostly been living out of a
suitcase
enderchest for months now. So everything I left in my base is
now free for looting by anyone who wants it
. Most of it is fairly worthless, but there's some valuable stuff too. I mean this absolutely seriously; I will not be coming back for anything more. Give it a good home. Or just have a blast griefing the shit out of the place. Hell, rip up my mountain for the cobble and dirt if you want to.

Happy looting!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8629 (isolation #1209) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:09 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh yeah, that goes for my other houses as well - though there's not much worth the trouble in anything but the 1st or 9th and you probably shouldn't grief the shit out of the 1st, being in spawntown.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8632 (isolation #1210) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8630, Maruchan wrote:
In post 8624, izakthegoomba wrote:So, guys...

I'm leaving home. Finally. Going to live on a distant island, find myself, some shit like that. I've taken some stuff that I want with me to give myself a leg-up with a new life, but the truth is I've mostly been living out of a
suitcase
enderchest for months now. So everything I left in my base is
now free for looting by anyone who wants it
. Most of it is fairly worthless, but there's some valuable stuff too. I mean this absolutely seriously; I will not be coming back for anything more. Give it a good home. Or just have a blast griefing the shit out of the place. Hell, rip up my mountain for the cobble and dirt if you want to.

Happy looting!

mountain? where is this?

is the house in-town for grabs too?

My base is under mountain. There's a route from the hub.

And yeah.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8681 (isolation #1211) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wow, way to be an ass Maru. Frankly I don't have time for this now. But I will say that this is being massively exaggerated and blown out of proportion, especially the part about xrays, which has already been sufficiently explained in private.

(edit: just read it anyway, Claus knows what he's talking about. For the record we were
trying
to deal with this quietly... :roll: )
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8682 (isolation #1212) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:25 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8667, Maruchan wrote:Suggestion: OP QuickTopic where all command usage is documented with reasoning, for the future of course cant change the past, and that way if any of a team of OPs spots inconsistencies they can police each other ,and having to answer for any command usage, amongst a group of your peers, will minimize the cheating between all three.

And perhaps a fourth person who is NOT an op get copy of the server.log and access to the QT to be the "checks and balances" so the OPs can't like make arrangements amongst themselves for benefit.

I LIKE THIS IDEA

Ok somehow I missed this completely on my first read. I like it. There would need to be some threshold for what requires documentation - a "/help 4" obviously doesn't need to be explained while a "/give izakthegoomba 57 64" obviously does, but there is a grey area.

And a non-op for control and balance is an even better idea.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8683 (isolation #1213) » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:55 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

People I would support being that non-op include (but probably aren't limited to) Maestro and Klazam. They both seem mature and dedicated to the community, and are around a lot of the time.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8688 (isolation #1214) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I actually think Maru's fifth point is by far the most important. Up to this point, boundaries have simply not been a thing. Hell, until a few weeks ago nobody even cared about Ops flying regardless of whether we had a reason or not. I am completely happy to abide by whatever restrictions the community thinks are necessary; the problem is that such restrictions have never existed.

When Claus made myself and Xalxe Ops, I believe he used the words "cool op powers to use at your discretion". And, no offence Claus, but I think that's played a significant part in this issue.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8690 (isolation #1215) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nope. There are logs which can be checked for un-recorded actions; failing to record them is only going to make everything ten times worse.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8695 (isolation #1216) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Frankly I don't know why this is suddenly a problem
now
Xalxe and I have been behaving in a way which could be called cheaty since day 1 -
and nobody cared
. Well, T-Bone might have cared a bit, but clearly not enough to make a fuss about it. There were plenty of times when we would fly, or use creative, or use other powers somewhat frivolously. I'm pretty sure Claus was aware of it. Various players were certainly aware of it. Nobody was really trying to hide anything. And yet in the last month or two there's been a sudden shift in opinion, and now it's at the point where we're essentially saying Op powers shouldn't be used at all outside of official business. Which is a slightly odd opinion considering we can barely be considered a vanilla server any more.

I'm not saying that change is bad, or that this new mindset is entirely wrong. I'm just saying if you want people to behave in a particular way, they need to know about it. I am not a god. I am not omniscient. I am not telepathic. So can we try and settle on something here? I really don't think it's necessary to strip away half the op powers,
especially
considering they're all logged anyway, and
we're going to have a quicktopic for recording their use

I'm going to put together some kind of list about what I think in response to #5, but for now that's my stance.

(oh, and as for teleporting powers. Back before we had Bukkit, one of the listed Op duties was to teleport to players periodically to check up on what people were doing)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8697 (isolation #1217) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Looks like it's up to me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8700 (isolation #1218) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...they were turned off?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8704 (isolation #1219) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, the //regen was a bit jarring for me as well. Especially after I spent 8 hours straight terraforming last time we wanted to expand. :roll:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8712 (isolation #1220) » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8708, Moneybags wrote:If you can put bacon on diamond blocks I would abuse OP too.

I'm such a cheater. :3

Spoiler:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8713 (isolation #1221) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Back to seriousness: I just went into creative to give Maestro the music disk "11" as a reward for getting all the others (except Wait because it doesn't exist), like we discussed last night. And it occurs to me; if a QT to record Op/Admin actions is going to be public, why have it at all? Why not just say what we're doing in the chat, and publish the console log at regular intervals? Or maybe even find a way to make it so that the log is publicly visible, though I don't know how easy that would be. That way there is no "trusting people to write in the QT" or "checking the QT against the log", because it's all there already.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8715 (isolation #1222) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:38 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

That's a good point. Shame.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8723 (isolation #1223) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

DAT ARTWORK

O.o

/pre-in (it's not in signups yet right?)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8758 (isolation #1224) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8735, Claus wrote:My suggestions:

Normal Players: /home, /warp <warpname>
What OP can normally use as players: Any transportation command (Fly, TP, tppos, top, jump, etc), /inspect
What Admins can use to do Adminy stuff/special cases/contests: All commands, except WorldEdit.
Also, I don't really think that we need World edit. That would go into the "very rare circunstance" maybe.

I'd be a bit more liberal with the normal player stuff.

Normal players: /home, /home bed, /warp, /tpa, /tpahere, /tpaccept, /tpdeny, /tpaall (NOT /tpall), /seed, afk. Maybe /back? Though that can be abused very easily.
Admins when acting as normal players: /fly, /tp, /tppos, maaaaybe /ascend and /jump but I'm not sure about those.
Admins when going about admin-y business: anything that could be useful to admin-y business. All essentials commands except the stupid pointless ones (nuke, antioch, kittycannon, etc.) and economy ones, all commands for lockette, coreprotect, and other security stuff, NO worldedit commands except whatever's needed to roll areas back after griefing/other disaster. I don't remember exactly what the commands are but I'm sure someone can figure that out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8760 (isolation #1225) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:43 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It does damage.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8762 (isolation #1226) » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It certainly used to...

Maru, calling for judgement? Kittycannons for everyone?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8764 (isolation #1227) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:02 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...really? I've never seen lag from them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8766 (isolation #1228) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Tosses a cat wherever you're looking. The cat explodes. It doesn't break blocks.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8770 (isolation #1229) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

:(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8771 (isolation #1230) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:34 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It doesn't seem to want to start up again...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8773 (isolation #1231) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Goddammit.

The file manager is showing that there are no files on the server.

Maru, get in here!

/ban mist7676
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8774 (isolation #1232) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh, and the console says "<strong>Unable to connect to the remote</strong>, Connection refused". Anyone know what to do?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8775 (isolation #1233) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok. The files are back, but it still won't start up properly. Gonna leave this for Maru to deal with, he probably knows more about the new CP than me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8778 (isolation #1234) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Any idea when we can expect it back up?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8782 (isolation #1235) » Wed Nov 28, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I don't like that. I think Minecraft could use a bit more material progression and stuff, but that's just crazy.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8790 (isolation #1236) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 2:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I might drop in for a bit at the end then.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8826 (isolation #1237) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

~DRAMA~
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8827 (isolation #1238) » Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:25 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So Daddycheese suspended my server literally
eleven minutes
after they sent the invoice overdue notification.

Fuck them, I should have switched a long time ago anyway.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8829 (isolation #1239) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think BoN/Daddycheese don't actually own the servers, they're just hiring the use of them. I could be wrong though.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8832 (isolation #1240) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8831, Rhinox wrote:I understand, kinda. Well, I understand, just not what the difference is. All that matters is you're not telling me you're setting up the server on a spare PC in your basement or something :P

Basically we're restricted by the power of the machine and the speed of the connection rather than rules and limitations put in place by a hosting company.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8835 (isolation #1241) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:39 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think splitting the community in half like that would be an incredibly bad idea.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8838 (isolation #1242) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 7:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's still splitting the community. Here's an idea: if you don't like the Bukkit commands,
don't use them
. Hell, we could even make you a special group that has no command access if you really want.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8857 (isolation #1243) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:16 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

If you do cut out ocean, make sure you don't nuke my new place! I don't want to tell everyone where it is (hence me hiding myself on the dynmap) but I can can PM you if you want. Or you could just check my location with ~CHEATY POWERS~.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8858 (isolation #1244) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

And as for the Vanilla vs Bukkit issue. I'd like to point out that any argument concerning
what regular users can do is a non-issue
. If it is decided that we don't want everyone to have access to warps, teleporting, etc., we can block those commands. We can still keep Bukkit for lockette, coreprotect, etc., because Bukkit itself doesn't change anything at the user end - only plugins do that. It's entirely possible for players to have a purely vanilla game while admins have all the plugins they need to run the server far better than vanilla would allow them.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8859 (isolation #1245) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

(and personally I'd be completely happy to see warps go. I think player-to-player teleporting and maybe /back should stay, though perhaps with a cooldown.)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8863 (isolation #1246) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Pah. Vineland is, what? 20k blocks away? That's 2500 nether blocks. With a decent number of booster rails, a Minecart can travel at 8m/s. You can get it going at over 11m/s if you exploit dodgy physics in strange ways but let's say 8 for simplicity. We're talking about 312 seconds. 5 minutes, 12 seconds.

Get a secure rail line up, and go make yourself another cup of cocoa. Honestly I think warping is preventing us setting up any kind of travel system, the like of which can be really awesome.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8864 (isolation #1247) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Though that said, I don't really dislike warps, and I use them as much as anyone. Maybe more now I'm far away.

But what I want to see more than anything is a cooldown on teleporting, including /back. Even just a couple of minutes makes it worthwhile getting your stuff together in one place rather than going /home and /back every time you want something. Let's make teleports what they're supposed to be; a convenience.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8865 (isolation #1248) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Though that said, I don't really dislike warps, and I use them as much as anyone. Maybe more now I'm far away.

But what I want to see more than anything is a cooldown on teleporting, including /back. Even just a couple of minutes makes it worthwhile getting your stuff together in one place rather than going /home and /back every time you want something. Let's make teleports what they're supposed to be; a convenience.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8872 (isolation #1249) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I think an hour is a bit too much. Maybe 15 minutes all round?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8877 (isolation #1250) » Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I've been meaning to bring up the idea of a map reset for a while now. I think it dlcertainly needs to be done to coincide with an update, but I don't think 1.5 is the right update. There is talk of an update to the biome system in 1.6 or 1.7 - this will doubtless change the game in many ways, and I think this is when we start a new map.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8918 (isolation #1251) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't mind doing or not doing a reset. I can go either way.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8933 (isolation #1252) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

MCEdit is easier and faster, and much harder to mightily fuck up. Take the server down for a few hours, download the map, delete/prune the chunks, upload, and you're good to go without Minecraft having a chance to interfere.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8934 (isolation #1253) » Sat Dec 01, 2012 12:04 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh yeah, and if I'm logged into Skype within the last few hours of the Rags to Riches thing, please mercilessly pester me until I come and help out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8973 (isolation #1254) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

When did we upgrade? I logged on using 1.4.4 a few hours ago just fine.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8983 (isolation #1255) » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:10 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't play in single player worlds. Except for custom maps and stuff.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8990 (isolation #1256) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 8989, Rhinox wrote:I want to expand the NPC village, but does anyone know the rules for how it works? The minecraft wiki was worded kinda awkwardly and I didn't quite understand...

Doors. Lots an lots of doors.

That's basically all you have to do.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8994 (isolation #1257) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 4:04 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Essentially the doors have to be in the side of a house, and the wall opposite the door has to be reasonably close (5 blocks or so). I believe the inside has to be fully enclosed, too.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8996 (isolation #1258) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Villagers don't spawn except with world generation and converted zombies. Extra floors should work, provided you set the doors up right.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9008 (isolation #1259) » Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:41 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

MOUNTAIN, CONSIDER THYSELF LEVELLED!

Project Porkchop Island 2.0, entering construction phase...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9023 (isolation #1260) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:49 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I would play.

And yeah, you need the region files. level.dat stores general information about the world, [player].dat contains individual player entity format, and the region files detail blocks, chunk, tile entities and non-player entities. Data is used for some miscellanious stuff, I don't recall exactly what. So without the region files all you'll have is some general information and the player saves.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9036 (isolation #1261) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 1:06 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

You can get dynmap to load on a tablet? O.o
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9045 (isolation #1262) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Give me the coords of the chest, UT. I'll check it out.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9047 (isolation #1263) » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:25 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...oooor maybe not. IDK if the plugin is messing up or I'm doing something wrong but I'm getting nothing.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9054 (isolation #1264) » Wed Dec 05, 2012 7:23 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, are you sure you have LogBlock set up to record chestaccess changes? I'm trying to look at UT's chests but I'm getting nothing. It could be that his stuff got stolen before you installed it, but I'd like to check anyway.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9067 (isolation #1265) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:07 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

The trouble with obsidian generators is that most of the time spent getting obsidian is spent mining it. It's really just as fast to pour water over a pool. Make a generator which breaks the block and gives you the drops, and we'll talk.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9073 (isolation #1266) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9068, chesskid3 wrote:
In post 9067, izakthegoomba wrote:The trouble with obsidian generators is that most of the time spent getting obsidian is spent mining it. It's really just as fast to pour water over a pool. Make a generator which breaks the block and gives you the drops, and we'll talk.

you enjoy finding big lava pools only 1 deep, I'll stick to the 3 minutes making one takes, thanks.

Leave the water there. Duh.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9077 (isolation #1267) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:05 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9076, My Milked Eek wrote:So, what happened the past months?

Not sure exactly when you were around last...

Chesskid and Lofu wrecked town and got banned (we had a backup)

Minecraft 1.3 was awesome

Claus stepped down as admin, Maru's in charge now

Big drama over how/if/when/why ops should be using their powers that ultimately came to nothing

Minecraft 1.4 is awesome

Mist picked Korlash's flower, everything crashed as a result

Xalxe's gone away, no idea if he's coming back

I have a new island, anyone can loot or greif my former houses

New plugins which may or may not work properly (mostly don't effect gameplay)

Minecraft 1.5 will be awesome
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9087 (isolation #1268) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:25 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Vineland was founded a long time before that, wasn't it?

And it's Laggyopolis. Silly Klaz.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9091 (isolation #1269) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:59 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

UHC GAME

RIGHT NOW

199.188.100.196:25765

(chesskids not allowed)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9100 (isolation #1270) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Note to self: never give Bone a copy of the world. :P

Oh yeah, and we have an IRC which links to the server now. mafiascum.maruchanserver.com/irc.php, or something like that?

€: yeah, that's it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9106 (isolation #1271) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:11 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...I thought I automatically lost because I couldn't get on back then? Or is this the other one?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9110 (isolation #1272) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9107, Untrod Tripod wrote:anyone have gold or powered rails? I'll trade enchanted items for them.

How much gold are we talking? I have a pretty good amount.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9117 (isolation #1273) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 3:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wait, who's your brother?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9133 (isolation #1274) » Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:09 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Not mine specifically, I just used to use it a lot.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9138 (isolation #1275) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Nay. Damaging blocks is the big threat of creepers in a developed server like this where most of us have good armor - and even if one does get you it's rarely hard to get your stuff back. Disabling Creeper block damage in
any
way makes them too un-threatening.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9181 (isolation #1276) » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:24 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Trouble is people evidently
did
have issues with the way things were. Hence all the ~DRAMA~. Maru is just trying to make the server a better, more vanilla-ish experience.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9190 (isolation #1277) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:14 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Is there a cooldown on /back after using a teleport? Because if there is then yeah that sucks.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9207 (isolation #1278) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I actually would have been in favour of keeping the 5 second no-movement period, but 3 probably works just as well. Pizza is making a fuss about nothing.

€: Mist, if you're lagging and you run after you put the command in you could end up shooting out the other end of the teleport, maybe into lava or a sheer drop or a creeper and not know about it until far too late... just saying...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9210 (isolation #1279) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

No, nothing's changed...

I'll check the chests when I'm at a computer, but it's unlikely to come up with anything (we've only had the plugin a few weeks).
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9221 (isolation #1280) » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9215, fuzzybutternut wrote:@Goomba: I supplied the rail station in vineland with a metrick fuckton of cobblestone and some iron. I also made some power rails for you, because you said you need them...I think. Anywho, when you get on just pm me. :)

I never asked for them. Somebody did, but it wasn't me...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9225 (isolation #1281) » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:45 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

GODDAMMIT 1.4.5

I swear I'm never accepting a bug-"fix" update again.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9230 (isolation #1282) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...aaaaand I'm back to not being able to run Minecraft at all. :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9234 (isolation #1283) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok so now I just can't get onto servers without crashing. Pretty sure I've screwed something up and I
still
can't access assets.minecraft.net... anyone want to throw me a fresh 1.4.4 jar?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9238 (isolation #1284) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:13 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Seems to be working now. Thanks anyway Maru.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9241 (isolation #1285) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I've been using both 1.4.4 and 1.4.5. I upgraded to 1.4.5 and started randomly crashing, so I downgraded again and everything was fine for a few hours. But then I got a "read timed out" and after that it crashed every time I tried to log in. Then I couldn't start Minecraft up at all. Then it went back to just failing at multiplayer. Aaaand now it's fine. :?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9267 (isolation #1286) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, we really should have access to /whitelist in admin mode. That's just annoying.

Anyway, whitelisted OsoHP. Welcome aboard!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9285 (isolation #1287) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ovie13 whitelisted.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9303 (isolation #1288) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9302, UltimaAvalon wrote:I keep typing /spawn pizza, but pizza refuses to spawn.

Where is my pizza?

Post of the month.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9331 (isolation #1289) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

/in!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9333 (isolation #1290) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:47 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

We're wrapping the presents up, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9336 (isolation #1291) » Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Uh, is the server still down or is it just me?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9342 (isolation #1292) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, that's the one I was using.

E: well it's up now anyway. But I couldn't connect to the CP either.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9346 (isolation #1293) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So does anyone have an objection to the idea of wiping the End, making an Enderman farm in the new End, and then switching out the end and getting a newly generated one if somebody wants to fight the dragon so that we can switch the one with the farm back in later?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9351 (isolation #1294) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:37 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Which one is that? It may well be the same one I'm thinking of, but I haven't run the figures since 1.2.

And most designs are vertically expandable so long as you use vines, so I could build the base and the first couple of layers, then anyone could chip in to help expand it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9354 (isolation #1295) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yep. And we should build out at Y=0 so we have the largest farm possible within the height.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9361 (isolation #1296) » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9357, Maestro wrote:Guys: we can't really do anything before Maru regenerates the End.

Not true, I could regenerate the end just as easily. I'm just choosing not to until Maru has a chance to check in.

In post 9357, Maestro wrote:For clarification just to make sure I'm understanding correctly (or, in case I can offer my two cents): we get a new version of The End, we kill the Dragon, then we leave the Obsidian Pillars intact while we build an Enderman Farm of epic proportions (possibly based off of this design, which will allow Level 30 to be reached in 45 seconds with no AFK-time).

I was thinking of DocM77's design. It's functionally the same though, IIRC he heavily based it off that one. Also his is prettier. :3

In post 9357, Maestro wrote:
Then we save The End at that point and keep the backup on hand/on the FTP.

Yeah. Problem with that. Ideally, I'd like it to function as a bit more than an enderman farm. As well as the obvious things (enchanting table, anvils, enderchests, etc.) I'd really like there to be storage space there with signs to claim chests, and a Mindcrack-style enchanting exchange for unwanted enchanted items. I'd rather that didn't get wiped each time we re-load it.

There is a possible work-around, but we'd have to build the farm much further away than normal and it would mean a lot of messing around with the files on my part. I don't really want to risk that.

In post 9357, Maestro wrote:Anytime somebody wants to fight the Enderdragon (or we want to host an event which would require as much) we take away the current End and allow the game to generate a new one when somebody goes to the End, which, if I'm not mistaken, will respawn the Dragon as well.

(If we need a plugin for that we'll obviously have to hope Maru can find one that's not too much work for him to implement.)

You don't need a plugin. We can just delete the new End folder and replace it with the farm one.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9365 (isolation #1297) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Fair enough. Can you link a video to his so we can grumble about semantics together?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMbn3-_6so0

It's a full tutorial.

I should've clarified here too...I would've thought it was obvious that we would build all the shit we want to be permanent (e.g. EnderFarm, Enchanting Library, Item Exchange [which I like]) and then save a back-up of the world. This is what you mean though, yes?

Not quite. The problem with rolling all the way back to that is that the contents of the chests would get rolled back, too. So we'd either lose or gain a bunch of stuff each time we fought the dragon, which is not ideal.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9369 (isolation #1298) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:43 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, I don't think we really need to have renewable obsidian pillars it's a bit cheaty for my tastes, and lava isn't exactly sparse. Just run into any decent cave system and you'll find tons of the stuff.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9371 (isolation #1299) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Also, I'm thinking a stone brick/iron bars/glowstone design. Yay or nay?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9373 (isolation #1300) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:32 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I have a ton of glowstone and iron, and I have several E5 U3 ST1 picks so I can get tons of smooth stone to turn into bricks. It would be nice if other people could contribute too once I've made the bridge and grinding area, but resources shouldn't be a problem. One of the things I dislike about the blaze farm is it's aesthetics (or lack thereof).
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9375 (isolation #1301) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Redstone will also be needed for the piston pushers, and I don't have as much of that as the other stuff we'll need.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9378 (isolation #1302) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Finally looking into Thaumcraft. Ohgodwhywhathowdafuqwhyareyoudoingthistomestahpplz.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9448 (isolation #1303) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

The problem with Apple computers is that they run a sub-par OS and you pay £300+ for the Apple sticker. Right-click really doesn't come into it. (though with Windows 8 PCs are almost as sucky... anyone wanna jump ship and install linux with me when they scrap Desktop altogether?)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9451 (isolation #1304) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

And who's going to make something better?

I'm not saying I
linux, but it's better than Win8 and there WILL be a point where stuff just won't be made for Desktop, like stuff isn't made for DOS right now.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9453 (isolation #1305) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

The ID conflicts seem to happen pretty randomly with forge, I think whatever it does to detect them is bugged. I was getting ID conflicts yesterday running Buildcraft. That's it. No other mods. :roll:
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9457 (isolation #1306) » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:30 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9455, UltimaAvalon wrote:
In post 9451, izakthegoomba wrote:And who's going to make something better?

I'm not saying I
linux, but it's better than Win8 and there WILL be a point where stuff just won't be made for Desktop, like stuff isn't made for DOS right now.

This is basically the dumbest argument.

Remember when they made ME and it sucked? And then they made XP which was kinda like ME except it didn't suck?

Remember when they made Vista and it sucked? And then they made 7 and it was kinda like Vista except it didn't suck?

8 doesn't just suck, it's a complete disaster.

And ftr 7 sucks too just not quite as badly as Vista.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9469 (isolation #1307) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:49 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9468, Maestro wrote:
In post 9467, Klazam wrote:
In post 9458, Maestro wrote:
In post 9456, Om of the Nom wrote:holy fuck that startup sound is amazing

Something we can all agree on.

Actually not true.

Translation: it sucks.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9471 (isolation #1308) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:45 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh yeah. Well, be assured it's not as great as they think it is.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9475 (isolation #1309) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Server's back up, guys. Nobody go into the end just yet.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9478 (isolation #1310) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

So, it worked. Anyone want to fight the dragon?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9480 (isolation #1311) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:11 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maestro?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9482 (isolation #1312) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yep, we're waiting.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9484 (isolation #1313) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:24 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hurry then, guys. I don't have all night. :/
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9485 (isolation #1314) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, we're gonna have to do it another time. I've got to get up crazy-early tomorrow, and I REALLY want that portal placed properly. Sorry. :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9487 (isolation #1315) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

No, we're delaying it. Though in hindsight I'm not sure why since we could have renamed the folder and killed her again anyway... but whatever.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9505 (isolation #1316) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:49 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9504, Klazam wrote:
In post 9502, Mist7676 wrote:I already have an idea for my recipient, but it might be trololol. Is that in the Christmas Spirit?

As long as it is fun.

A piece of coal is not fun.

*COUGHnebrisCOUGH*
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9507 (isolation #1317) » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

The dragon has been deaded. Sorry to those who missed out, but I really want to get started on the farm today.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9508 (isolation #1318) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:53 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Here's what I've done so far:

Spoiler:

The tracks are going to be linked up and wired with detector rails, so you automatically get taken to the portal on the way back. And the slabs at the side mean it's just as easy to walk it if you don't have a cart.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9511 (isolation #1319) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Rails of either kind would be nice, yes. I'm probably going to run out of glowstone at some point too.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9512 (isolation #1320) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Spoiler: Oh god, what have I done?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9516 (isolation #1321) » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I don't have a problem with it. It might even be a viable way to slowly drag them into Mafia. :D
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9546 (isolation #1322) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:46 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, 1.4.6 is going to be released very soon. We normally update when Bukkit does, though obviously it's Maru's call.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9554 (isolation #1323) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:55 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ftr you
did
jump up on the bar, you were kind of asking for it...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9559 (isolation #1324) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Make it frog bestiality, that way it's consistant with real events on the site.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9570 (isolation #1325) » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:35 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wait, we updated already?

Aww well, time to go mod gathering again I guess. :/
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9571 (isolation #1326) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:00 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Soooo enchanted books and fireworks both seem to be borked in multiplayer. Books eat the levels but don't get the enchants, fireworks make noise but don't appear visually.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9572 (isolation #1327) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ok. Enderfarm is kinda sorta working, though the spawn rates are low and it will need some modifications later to make it more consistent. If anyone wants to help build a layer, feel free - just copy the previous layer exactly. In particular, make sure the layers are spaced correctly (stuff goes wrong if they aren't) and you don't put in extra vines. There's a temporary dirt walkway to get to the top.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9577 (isolation #1328) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 5:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9574, Klazam wrote:
In post 9571, izakthegoomba wrote:Soooo enchanted books and fireworks both seem to be borked in multiplayer. Books eat the levels but don't get the enchants, fireworks make noise but don't appear visually.

You have to make the firework right- with a firework star. I put on a mini display for Davroe and kc, and it worked perfectly.

I can't speak for enchanted books

Lockette is broken.

I've tried it both with manually made fireworks and the presets in TMI. Neither worked.

And the books are fine in single player, I'll try again later.

If Lockette is indeed screwed, is there any chance we could switch to a plugin that doesn't use signs? It looks much neater. I think there's one where you type a command then punch the chest, which is much better IMO.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9588 (isolation #1329) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:27 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's changing to a better, less intrusive system. It uses commands rather than signs.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9591 (isolation #1330) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:44 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

You know what there should be? A plugin that makes chests read-only instead of locking other people out altogether.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9594 (isolation #1331) » Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

...so could we make it do that please?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9614 (isolation #1332) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Uh, no you couldn't. And even if you could it would be pretty damn useless.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9616 (isolation #1333) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Actually this sounds like a fun challenge. Mist, I'm throwing down a gauntlet. If you can get me a Prot IV, FP II, BP III Diamond Chestplate, I will give you a stack of diamonds. Fair?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9618 (isolation #1334) » Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:14 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

'cept for the bit where you accepted in the chat and offered all your failed chestplates as a wager. Davroe can bear witness.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9625 (isolation #1335) » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:21 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Just enderpearl out again. If your armor's anything close to good it's enough to keep you alive long enough to do that.

.___.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9646 (isolation #1336) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

That depends. Are we going for an authentic Swedish Christmas? If so then yes, we open them today.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9655 (isolation #1337) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:09 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Done. Usual rules apply, your fault if he blows everything up, etc, etc.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9657 (isolation #1338) » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:12 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

mafiascum.maruchanserver.com
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9673 (isolation #1339) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:15 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

:D :D :D :D :D

Whoever my secret santa was is the most amazing person ever. The fours things that make me happiest... and a nice novelty. :P
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9674 (isolation #1340) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In other news, my Enderfarm work is far from done. I'm going to work on setting up a proper route first and renovating the portal room/are around it, then I'll see if it's viable to try stopping the teleports. Other suggestions are welcome; I want this to be absolutely perfect when I'm done with it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9682 (isolation #1341) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9679, Maruchan wrote:Guys, the chests as the end were made for our easy use of storing/maniuplating items while usign the farm

not for pointless storage of ednerchests.

This. You want a massive stockpile of pearls, haul them back home. Hell, with teleporting it's probably even faster than walking to a chest.

And no idea about your tools Maru, sorry.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9697 (isolation #1342) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, do you want me to have a look and try configuring LWC into something that's going to work better for us as a server? I've messed with it before and iirc there are a few settings which would make it much better for us.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9698 (isolation #1343) » Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Oh yeah, and I still need access to the new CP.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9702 (isolation #1344) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Maru, you said there was a way to make locked chests read-only instead of completely locked, didn't you? I've been through the config twice now and I've not come across anything that looks like it can do that.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9704 (isolation #1345) » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:43 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ah, ok. Well in that case we don't really need to change much in the config at all. The only thing I'd change is the auto-register, and
maybe
the messages.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9717 (isolation #1346) » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9712, fuzzybutternut wrote:So, I'm curious, and this goes out to anyone, how much would you buy a stack of emerald ore for?

A lot. Put it this way: I have many times more diamond BLOCKS than I do emerald ore. I bought 5 ore from Klaz a couple of weeks ago. I don't recall exactly what I payed, but it came to a lot of diamonds.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9721 (isolation #1347) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Well 1 Diamond Block = 1 Emerald Ore seems to be a good place to start. But I'm not paying a stack of D blocks. :/
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9725 (isolation #1348) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:42 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's not Emeralds that are valuable; they're dirt-cheap actually. It's the ore that's rare, and it can be used decoratively.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9727 (isolation #1349) » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:17 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

It's worth whatever people will pay for it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9741 (isolation #1350) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:54 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

UHC is just a big pile of false difficulty, but I guess I could be involved to make up the numbers.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9773 (isolation #1351) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Honestly, if we're going to regen the entire map I think we should do it properly and have a fresh start.

However I don't really want that, I went with regen unused parts whenever.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9775 (isolation #1352) » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:41 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, if we're going to reset I'd like to know sooner rather than later.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9803 (isolation #1353) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Why are people talking about the Christmas tree as if it's super-special and needs to be saved? Sure, it's nice, but it's not exactly difficult to re-create.

In post 9802, T-Bone wrote:When every chunk is populated with builds, then we can talk about a regeneration.

This is slightly stupid.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9810 (isolation #1354) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:51 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9808, Andrius wrote:And then we entered The End and we all fell off the edge of the world and instantly died. :P

Yeah, that sucked. I love Bukkit but it is unbelievably fucky at times.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9813 (isolation #1355) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:51 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9812, Om of the Nom wrote:
In post 9803, izakthegoomba wrote:Why are people talking about the Christmas tree as if it's super-special and needs to be saved? Sure, it's nice, but it's not exactly difficult to re-create.

I really don't want to have to build it again.

And I really don't want to have to dig out a huge-ass chasm in the ground again to build my home... without powerful enchantments and beacon effects to help me.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9815 (isolation #1356) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Hiraki, what would you consider to be a good measure of "seniority"? Time on the server? Op/admin status? Wealth? Contributions to the community? Time spent playing? There are arguments for all of those.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9831 (isolation #1357) » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9826, fuzzybutternut wrote:Yes, I know, but people believe that the map is mined out.

...do they?

PSA: Minecraft maps are near-infinite. Valuable materials attempt to generate in each chunk (16x256x16 area) when it is created - diamonds, between 1 and 8 per chunk within a 2x2x2 cube, and emeralds 10 times within a chunk, individually, but ONLY in an extremehills biome other stuff generates much more. There is NO WAY we've mined out even 0.01% of the available materials, let alone all of them. If the place you're in has got mineshafts running all over it at the lower levels, take a walk. You really don't have to go far.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9860 (isolation #1358) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9858, Pizzadudes7 wrote:I don't see why the redstone update is a reason for us to reset the map.

This. If we're going to do a full regen, we should do it when jeb re-writes the generation code. He hinted at a "Biomes Update", a complete overhaul to the world generation system.
That's
when we should start a new map.

In post 9858, Pizzadudes7 wrote:The only regeneration that could make sense is the Nether, but that would probably be a pain as we all have our portals and rails and such running EVERYWHERE.

I'm not totally sure, but I believe there may be a way to get new ores/other features without losing what we've built. It would require some MCEdit trickery though, so a) myself or someone else who knows how to do it would have to manually edit the map and b) it's possible that such trickery could bork stuff that's built on or around nether fortresses.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9862 (isolation #1359) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:20 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9861, Hiraki wrote:
Andrius wrote:Hence why a Second "Spawntown" would be great- new people and those people who wish to move/build there would be encouraged. You could build a rail track to the new place from Spawn/SpawnTown so people could:
A) Visit the old SpawnTown
B) go to the new one if they are new and/or want a vanilla thing.
This is an idea that people knocked down because it wasn't actually spawntown. Then we fussled with moving the boundaries of the original spawntown

eventually I think this is the way to go.

either move to spawntown 2.0 or make new new spawntown (a spawntown over spawntown)

Reminder: intentionally splitting the community is a Bad Idea™.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9865 (isolation #1360) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:03 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9864, Klazam wrote:regen the nether, (Partial)

Ewwwww. I foresee horrible nether-y land borders. Please consider that our seed changed at some point...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9868 (isolation #1361) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:54 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9867, Mist7676 wrote:We should create some type of border around the nether and regen the entire outer part. Then call it the wild..

Uhhhh.

Nope. That would only work if we were totally confined to a small area. Those days are long gone.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9902 (isolation #1362) » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9881, Klazam wrote:I still would like to have the prize be a command block if its possible. Izak, Maru- what do you guys think?

Uh. Nope. Any command you could want put on a command block will either be overpowered or pointless.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9906 (isolation #1363) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Ever heard of /home? >_>
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9911 (isolation #1364) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:08 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9909, Pizzadudes7 wrote:Now, I get what Maru is saying. Not that I'm rich in any way, but I can see why you would find it hard to just drop everything and walk away. SOLUTION: Give Pizzadudes7 all of your nice things, that way you cannot be tempted to go back and get them. I will then sell them to the highest bidder.

In all seriousness, giving away your stuff isn't a bad idea if you want to start over. I know I didn't quite do that, but I gave away the bulk of my stuff.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9920 (isolation #1365) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

NUMBER 5
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9931 (isolation #1366) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:07 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

So random question I just thought of: would people be interested in an FTB server?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9936 (isolation #1367) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:52 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9933, Chevre wrote:Well obviously Maruchan has control but as evidenced by the pages upon pages of discussion we've had over this issue, he does have restraint.

This.

Sure, Maruchan (and kinda myself if we ever get the CP access set up >_>) has the actual power to make changes, but I'd say it's pretty clear from his recent posts that he's giving the community a MASSIVE say in what happens.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9937 (isolation #1368) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9935, Maruchan wrote:
In post 9931, izakthegoomba wrote:So random question I just thought of: would people be interested in an FTB server?

I think i'll just make my modded server an FTB server. not enough people use it/too many have hard times accessing it.

That would be nice. Might tempt dappyscroo to join us again, he's been playing a lot of FTB recently. Which pack would you pick?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9941 (isolation #1369) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Feed The Beast, an awesome modpack which is super-easy to download and get working. Even comes with it's own launcher and keeps everything completely separate from your Minecraft files, so it's basically impossible to fuck stuff up. Mods range from massive content additions like Mystcraft, Twilight Forest, and IndustrialCraft to nice convenince tools like Portal Gun and Iron Chests to little things like InvTweaks, Rei Minimap and Obsidian Pressure Plates.

Tl;dr it's pretty fucking amazing.

http://feed-the-beast.com/
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9953 (isolation #1370) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9943, Pizzadudes7 wrote:
In post 9931, izakthegoomba wrote:So random question I just thought of: would people be interested in an FTB server?

Never. Never ever ever. Its Tekkit, just a little bit not. If you like Minecraft, but want to learn about 300% more blocks/ores/mechanisms, then it is for you. If not, don't even touch it.

If you seriously think that then you are very very very badly mistaken...
In post 9944, Chevre wrote:I'm so sorry Andrius, but I don't know how to fix it.

Um...

A spider walks into a bar. The cave spider ducked.

Some of the things in FTB are super intriguing but others are not. Like if I'm going to play with mods, I want to play with the mods I want to play with, aka SSP. If one got started up I might give it a chance though.

Well you don't have to do everything all at once. Sure there new ores and stuff for some mods and a few generated things, but you can pick and choose what you mess with.
In post 9946, Maruchan wrote:
In post 9937, izakthegoomba wrote:
In post 9935, Maruchan wrote:

I think i'll just make my modded server an FTB server. not enough people use it/too many have hard times accessing it.

That would be nice. Might tempt dappyscroo to join us again, he's been playing a lot of FTB recently. Which pack would you pick?

mindcrack for the twilightforest

Wait, doesn't regular FTB have Twilight Forest?
In post 9952, Maruchan wrote:FTB is a new launcehr you download FTB.exe and run it like minecraft.exe anyone who is bad at modding can use it EASILY

^

It really is insanely easy to use, especially if you don't want to add any of your own mods.

Download the .exe > run it > select the pack > hit launch

That's literally all there is to it.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9956 (isolation #1371) » Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:03 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'll have a look at what mods Mindcrack adds then.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9967 (isolation #1372) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:33 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Did we update Bukkit or something?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9973 (isolation #1373) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:56 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Whitelist (+op?) please, I'll probably get on some time tomorrow.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9985 (isolation #1374) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:59 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9981, Maruchan wrote:
In post 9979, Klazam wrote:Whitelisting please

p sure yours has some weird numbers at the end idr

imp whitelisted

Klazam33
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9986 (isolation #1375) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Snow makes it unplayable. If you're around could you op me or somebody else so we can clear the weather?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9987 (isolation #1376) » Thu Jan 03, 2013 10:58 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Actually it seems to be running ok now.

I've just got over 20 different materials from a short mining expedition, and the only one I know how to use is coal...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9997 (isolation #1377) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 9993, T-Bone wrote:I built a Mining block, but it doesn't do anything as far as I can tell.

Buildcraft Mining Well? You need engines to power it. Stirling or Electrical would be ideal.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10004 (isolation #1378) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:06 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10000, Kcdaspot wrote:srsly need to be white listed.... Kc_spot

P
O
S
T
#
G
E
T
!!!!!

I'm not an op on the FTB server, but I'll try bugging Maru on Skype.

€: welp, he's not online. Sorry :(
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10010 (isolation #1379) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Added. Welcome aboard!
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10029 (isolation #1380) » Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:42 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...are you sure about that? The server's showing as down.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10047 (isolation #1381) » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:45 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yes.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10149 (isolation #1382) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:52 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, despite the fact this was kind of my doing, I don't think I'm going to play much FTB. I like the FTBBETAA pack, but Mindcrack v6 is just a bit too crazy and the mods fit together even worse than in FTBBETAA.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10153 (isolation #1383) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:28 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10152, Maruchan wrote:
In post 10149, izakthegoomba wrote:Yeah, despite the fact this was kind of my doing, I don't think I'm going to play much FTB. I like the FTBBETAA pack, but Mindcrack v6 is just a bit too crazy and the mods fit together even worse than in FTBBETAA.

i chose mindcrack because i wanted twilightforest for definitely, and betaA is not ever going to be updated as it was just a beta pack.

Presumably there will be a BetaB or a full release at some point though?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10157 (isolation #1384) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Done, assuming your IGN is the same as on here.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10165 (isolation #1385) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:17 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I would probably play a lot more of other games if my laptop didn't suck.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10188 (isolation #1386) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:02 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

This Wand of the Thaumaturge had better be really fucking amazing. You guys know portal guns need nether stars too, right?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10192 (isolation #1387) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Want me to try getting on to confirm?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10195 (isolation #1388) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

...or maybe not. My client's being derpy again, won't even go past the menu. :?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10206 (isolation #1389) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:58 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Public Service Announcement: large twilight forest fortress tower type things are NOT immune to nuclear explosions. Please do not, under any circumstances, detonate a nuclear warhead in your large twilight forest fortress tower type thing.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10210 (isolation #1390) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:16 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10208, T-Bone wrote:It's a new shiny toy, like the last modded server was, but after a few weeks we'll all get bored and return to the regular server. All the excitement is due to the new content, not because there's a new map.

I disagree, FTB has a lot more content than the kinds of mods we've messed around with before. And I'm pretty excited about being able to have a completely new start where everyone else is on a similar level.

In post 10209, T-Bone wrote:ALSO YOU DON'T DROP NUKES ANYWHERE EVER

He made me do it! D:

(also towerwood is
supposed
to be blast-proof... :roll:)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10212 (isolation #1391) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:19 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Obsidian got nerfed.

(and it wasn't
that
bad, it was basically the top of the tower got blown off and the surrounding ones took a bit of a beating)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10230 (isolation #1392) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:18 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

I'm wondering, is it possible to link together the IRC and the two chat systems? So people could chat between servers AND with the IRC?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10241 (isolation #1393) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:57 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

No, it could be done reasonably easily. Buuuuuut there's people that aren't around right now...
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10253 (isolation #1394) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Wait, you have CP access too? Everyone has CP access but me. v.v
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10260 (isolation #1395) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:35 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10259, T-Bone wrote:The problem with Portal guns is that when you make portals, it loads all the chunks the portals exist in twice, which if done too much will cause some major crashing problems. At least I was experiencing lag while Klaz was playing with it last night.

I thought he was re-writing the mod to fix that kind of thing?
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10267 (isolation #1396) » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:50 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

In post 10264, Pizzadudes7 wrote:For those on the vanilla-ish server, my apologies for what just transpired. I didn't think that would come out and I am ashamed it did. Sorry to mess with your regularly scheduled digging and mining.

(we all saw it actually)

(we have fancy server IRC bots now)
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10295 (isolation #1397) » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:46 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Just wait for the mod API. If they do it right, Minecraft will probably explode from an overdose of AWESOME.
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10316 (isolation #1398) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:47 am

Post by izakthegoomba »

Done and done.

Welcome back! :]
izakthegoomba
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
izakthegoomba
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10345 (isolation #1399) » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:45 pm

Post by izakthegoomba »

Yeah, fuck Gregtech.

Return to “The Arcade”