Mini 1400(!): Bubble Tape Mafia - It's Over!

Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:19 am

Post by Jake from State Farm »

In post 598, AngryPidgeon wrote:So I just skimmed that horrifying Jake response. Hes prob-scum. lol @ 'you liar'. If Im lying, then vote me. Give me your insurance Jake. You didnt want to say 'you are mistaken' because that would look like you know Im town. So Im lying. FUCK. OK ACTUALLY LEAVING UNTIL LATER.

U mad bro?

If I could push a wagon based off you lying, I absolutely would but the funny thing is most people won't lynch a player for lying (not sure why though$

I have plenty on Thor though,and since he's scum I'll just keep my vote on him.
Show
Things I've learned.
1. It's just a game, have fun.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
3. Don't take everything so personal.
4. Tunneling sucks (unfortunately I can't seem to stop)
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 am

In post 599, Thor665 wrote:
In post 588, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Thor: werent you just voting Zipper? Why is he obvtown? Not caught up, sorry if im missing context.

You are missing context - reading th question i was answering (which I quoted) would probably help with that context.

In post 588, AngryPidgeon wrote:@Thor: Once again, sorry if I missed. Read on jake, bullet points as to why?

My read on Jake is scummish mixed with anti-town mixed with troll. I don't feel content with it.

@Mastin - you scum this game?

You are calling me a troll? Aww did I hurt your feewings cawing you a bad pwayer?

Boo hoo, need some tissues?
Show
Things I've learned.
2. Don't waste time on people who think you are scum. Ignore them and keep scum hunting.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 am

Post by mastin2 »

Thought I'd share this.
Dave168: 7 (Cybertronix, Thor665, AngryPidgeon, Kthxbye, k4shmasta, zipperflesh, qwints)

d3x is the scum off the wagon.
He's of the mentality not to join the wagon for two reasons:
1: Doesn't want all scum on the wagon, AND
2: Pushed the lynch but didn't want to be caught on it.

AP wrote:What changed your mind on Jake?
His banter with Thor. It makes him a whole heck of a lot stronger town than he was originally.

Thor wrote:@Mastin - you scum this game?
Never. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:27 am

Post by mastin2 »

(That said...
In post 602, mastin2 wrote:2: Pushed the lynch but didn't want to be caught on it.

...This also applies to Jake*. Still think he's town, but it's not as strong as it could have been.)

*And Maverick, if memory serves.
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 am

Post by mastin2 »

Thinkin' Jake's stance d1 makes lots of sense.

Also, I keep reading d3x, kthnx, and Thor, yet...they keep on all looking like scum.

Also, kush shouldn't be lynched, pretty much ever. The only lynch which'd be worse than kush would be AP. :P

Basically, Thor/kthnx/d3x should be lynched. If the game's not over when all of them have been lynched, we can look elsewhere for scum, but I still think that's our team.
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:52 am

Post by AngryPidgeon »

mastin.addToReads("pine");
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:54 am

In post 604, mastin2 wrote:Thinkin' Jake's stance d1 makes lots of sense.

Also, I keep reading d3x, kthnx, and Thor, yet...they keep on all looking like scum.

Also, kush shouldn't be lynched, pretty much ever. The only lynch which'd be worse than kush would be AP. :P

Basically, Thor/kthnx/d3x should be lynched. If the game's not over when all of them have been lynched, we can look elsewhere for scum, but I still think that's our team.

Why is kush obv town?
Show
Things I've learned.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:01 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Damn it Thor. Every time hes scum, I realize it immediately and then he says something to make me think he might not be or he just kind of slips off my radar. Either way, I think I prefer Jake/Kthx today. I kind of like Mastin's suspect pool atm, but Id have to extend mine to Jake/Thor/D3x/Kthx/Mastin (no particular order). Minor to moderate town reads on everyone else. Jake/Kthx/Mastin is totally possible.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

VOTE: Jake Cuz if I were scum I would have killed you. You being alive is a little odd. More later.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:08 pm

Post by mastin2 »

AP, you had it right before. :P

We're masons this game, okay? ;)
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:12 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 402, d3x wrote:
In post 400, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, let's lynch Dave.
This. But let's wait for the 3 f*ing replacements.
d3x supports the lynch.
In post 405, d3x wrote:Yeah, L-1 RoleClaims were pretty standard when I was here last. I don't knwo if anything has changed since then, but I don't see any reason why they would've.

p-edit. Generally you'll be asked before someone is ready to Hammer. We're not quite to that point, yet.
d3x pressures Dave to claim.
In post 410, d3x wrote:Claim now if you want. No one should be Hammering before the replacements get here. We also have 2 weeks, so there's no problem with deadlines creeping up.
More pressure to claim.
In post 412, d3x wrote:Any breadcrumbs for us?
Gaging mislynch potential.
In post 427, d3x wrote:3 posts in a row wasn't a tell.

Floundering and looking all scummy as hell in the expanse of three rapid fire posts after a probable scumslip... that was a tell.
Showing support for the lynch, yet never being on it.

This is not a town approach.
My academy.
Agnigi
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:13 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Oh god. See, this is why you scare me. Your play looks identical to me every single game. I just have a hard time connecting with your world view of the game and although you draw similar conclusions that I do (like most all of your townreads match mine) I can't penetrate the exterior that is Mastin. Kind of. Not entirely. But you take me longer than most people.

Alternatively, if you wanna help me purge Scumthxbye from the thread, I'm cool with that.

Bullet points on why d3x is scum fast?

P-edit: are you psychic?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:20 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 601, Jake from State Farm wrote:You are calling me a troll? Aww did I hurt your feewings cawing you a bad pwayer?

I already said you did - what part of 'you insulted me' did you not get or intend?

In post 601, Jake from State Farm wrote:Boo hoo, need some tissues?

No, it's not really a crying with tears sort of hurt, it's that quiet internal hurt where I realize someone is just trying to get a rise out of me to make themselves feel empowered. It's the pain that has you kind of thinking about it s you try to fall asleep at night, not the sobbing in the shower hugging yourself sort of pain.

In post 602, mastin2 wrote:Thought I'd share this.
Dave168: 7 (Cybertronix, Thor665, AngryPidgeon, Kthxbye, k4shmasta, zipperflesh, qwints)

d3x is the scum off the wagon.

I agree that D3x looks scummy - but how do you apply wagon analysis considering the amount of lurk in thread at that time?

In post 602, mastin2 wrote:
Thor wrote:@Mastin - you scum this game?
Never. :P

Then why do you think I look scum?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 407, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 403, Dave168 wrote:
In post 400, Thor665 wrote:Yeah, let's lynch Dave.

OK. Suppose that was to happen. Is it normal to want a roleclaim first?

yes you will be asked to role claim at some point, usually when someone gives intent to hammer.

Since we have plenty of time left, I am fine waiting for replacements but I also will go ahead and imply that I have an intent to hammer.

I don't want to end the day yet because the new people's thoughts and reactions could be useful
This is similar to d3x's post. By gut, though, it looked more town to me.
In post 439, Jake from State Farm wrote:
But if there is no counterclaim - surely my claim holds water then.

Did you really just say this?

That's an admission of guilt if I ever saw one. The odds that a cop is in this setup anyway is slim, not many normal games have them and when they do they usually have a modifier attached.

No self respecting cop would ever counter on day 1.

That being said, I have a no lynching of a claimed PRs on day 1. Surely we can give him a stay of execution for 1 day.
Jake explains that he thinks Dave is lying, but also explains quite clearly why he doesn't want to lynch him. This continues in the next relevant post...
In post 446, Jake from State Farm wrote:
But if this setup has max 1 cop, any other cop should claim now. Then take your pick of who to lynch day 1 / 2, and you will have a scum for sure. I think we used this technique in my 2nd Newbie game.

if you were REALLY a cop, why would you ask someone to CC you? if you are legit there would be no CC nor would there be a need to ask for one.
And is further emphasized again...
In post 450, Jake from State Farm wrote:
In post 447, Dave168 wrote:in my 2nd newbie game it was a day 3 cop claim with 5 people left. we'd lynched mafia roleblocker and doctor was NK'd, and in that setup (F11 I think) that meant there HAD to be a cop. i started day 3 asking for the cop. he duly claimed and was believed, since in that setup there could only be 1. hence in that scenario CC was the right thing to ask for, to narrow down from 5 people to only 2, with 2 lynches.

sure its wrong in this scenario, but I'm just throwing stuff out there, I can't think of every pro and con, i'm hoping other people can help out. but if its not even a valid subject for discussion, thats OK too.

that's exactly right, it's wrong in THIS scenario for multiple reasons.

1. if you were telling the truth who would CC you? Scum? No they wouldn't
2. another cop? - highly unlikely
3. a townie? sorry this isn't epic mafia
...But he makes sure to emphasize his viewpoint against lynching a PR d1 in his next post.
In post 453, Jake from State Farm wrote:personally i like my policy so I will stick with it.

Dave, i was looking at your paraphrase of your role pm, your role PM says you are aligned with the town is that pretty close to how it is worded in your role pm, is it worded differently, or did you just add that in there?
And not only that, but instead of a Dave lynch, he also gives a transparent thought process for exactly who he'd prefer if not for Dave, when he says this:
So.
d3x rolefished, and when presented with the cop claim, gaged for lynchability. When Dave proved an easy target, he directed suspicion onto Dave, while avoiding being on the wagon.

Jake explained, and when presented with the cop claim, was skeptical, explaining in crystal clear (rather than vague) posts as to why. However, despite being suspicious of the claim, Jake also explained exactly why he wasn't joining the Dave wagon. AND, better yet, he even offered an alternative wagon to Dave as a d1 lynch, pressuring Thor.

I'm not going to say the difference is that of night and day, but it's still there.

Jake's not exactly in my top tier of townreads, but he's far from the bottom of the list.

d3x, on the other hand...
My academy.
Agnigi
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

Post by mastin2 »

VOTE: d3x. Back here.

I can do a full d3x case now, if you'd like.
My academy.
Agnigi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:27 pm

In post 608, AngryPidgeon wrote:VOTE: Jake Cuz if I were scum I would have killed you. You being alive is a little odd. More later.

ROFL, hi Mr. SK how you doing
Show
Things I've learned.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:29 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Lol, Thor I think I base my read on you off how much you are making me laugh. When I read your town games, I always chuckle at your jokes. Just a pro-tip. I mean come on, you addressing the dead QT when getting trolled by idiot-master was hilarious. Annyyyyways,

Jake's interaction with you look a little fake honestly. Hes being abrasive for the sake of being abrasive and I dont see what is causing him to do so. He is with me too. It looks fake because I dont see what events in the thread are possibly riling him up enough to post that way.
Mastin will apply wagon analysis to literally anything.
I think Mastin thinks you look scum because I was pointing out that you look it and Mastin is trying to
subtly
buddy to me.

P-edit: Mastin, how would you compare D3x's interaction with the Dave wagon to yourself and the Robert Montana wagon in mini 1377?

'd3x rolefished'.... ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ಠ. Be ashamed Mastin, lol.

Thor, how wiling would you be to vote Jake? Vote Mastin?

P-pedit: Come on jake, accusing me of being an SK? I know you arent stupid enough to leak scumtells THAT obvious. Except you are leaking them.
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

I mean. Mastin is the only person in the site that can call "asking for crumbs" scummy because its "gauging ML potential". Its an absurd statement and makes me want to vote him, but then I remember its Mastin and Im like hurrrrnnnng. Could just be Mastin being Mastin. But my gut tells me its not right now.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:32 pm

Post by mastin2 »

Let's see how concise I can make it.
Spoiler: Probably not concise enough :P
His play this game, overall, feels largely as if he's obfuscating things, reminiscent of how he earned his scum victory. It's just that rather than "Newbie Who Has No Experience", this time it's "Fish Out Of Temporal Water", as he uses his out-of-current-site-meta as an excuse for scummy play.

He has been consistently voting for one player while pushing another as a stronger suspect, has largely been trying to discredit others rather than scumhunting, and in general, he's largely been active lurking. Such as his questions to open the game. His posts, overall, just feel like BS, and the stances he takes are highly advantageous, targeting weaker links such as Cyber and kush. Add in weak distancing (requires kthnx scum) and chainsaw defending (mostly for a Thor-scum), and the case becomes strong.
Well, it's under three paragraphs, but still longer than I'd prefer.
-Obfuscating stupidity
-Money not where mouth is
-Opportunistic
-Discrediting others
-Active lurking
My academy.
Agnigi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Than explain how you are "suprised" that your biggest scum read wasn't NKd last night.

I'm not buying you are a Vig cause I'd be the worst vig target ever for N1, especially given a certain post I made
Show
Things I've learned.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:33 pm

Post by qwints »

Why are we dropping this daytalk scum slip?

In post 499, zipperflesh wrote:i can picture their qt convo...

ap: lets be a thorn in Thors side
jake : dave looks an easy target lets tag team
devour: guys i just cant keep up... prb have to be replaced
ap: Dave wagon is a go go
jake: ill keep off the lynch since he claimed cop , but I'll spread some doubt about. his claim
qwints: hey guys... what should. i do
ap and jake: hammer the claimed cop! town will never buy that as a scum. move
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

In post 619, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm not buying you are a Vig cause I'd be the worst vig target ever for N1, especially given a certain post I made

Where the hell did I claim killing powers?
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:35 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 616, AngryPidgeon wrote:I think Mastin thinks you look scum because I was pointing out that you look it and Mastin is trying to subtly buddy to me.

P-edit: Mastin, how would you compare D3x's interaction with the Dave wagon to yourself and the Robert Montana wagon in mini 1377?
Just 'cause I saw you were town and I agree with most of your suspects doesn't mean I was buddying to ya. :P

I don't see any similarities between d3x-Dave and me-RM at all.
My academy.
Agnigi
Jake from State Farm
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Jake from State Farm
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:37 pm

In post 621, AngryPidgeon wrote:
In post 619, Jake from State Farm wrote:I'm not buying you are a Vig cause I'd be the worst vig target ever for N1, especially given a certain post I made

Where the hell did I claim killing powers?

I can read between the lines, it ties into why you are "suprised" your biggest scumread wasn't NKd?

If I was scum, why would I be killed by scum?
Show
Things I've learned.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:39 pm

Post by mastin2 »

In post 75, d3x wrote:In light of the above point, I'm viewing MM's antiRVS as Null.
This was one of the things that sticks out on d3x, as it shows cognitive dissonance.

In this post, he was pressuring Cyber, yet he still had his vote on MM.

It again shows the general trend that d3x has been showing the whole game--not voting where his words are.

Before voting, he tests the waters to see how viable it would be to (mis)lynch the person he's pressuring. This is not townposting.
My academy.
Agnigi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”