TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:53 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

I bet your scum you seem to only post about me and what other people say about me, it gives off a weird vibe but I still don't think your scum
Fos: Qwints
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

That was a mistake
FoS: Qwints
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:00 pm

Post by Huntress »

I've just been taking another look at Qwints' posts.

1, He calls out Conman's apparently retaliatory vote, post 120, but doesn't ask why, just saying that the vote was for no actual reason. I note he made no comment when Absta did the same thing, twice.

2, The abrupt switch from calling Conman scum to calling him VI, and voting Ace for a similar abrupt change of mind. Why was it wrong for Ace to change his mind but not for him to do the same?

3, I didn't like this post:
In post 233, qwints wrote:We seem unable to put pressure on anyone besides Conman today, and it doesn't look like he's going to make any posts that actually contribute to the game. I'm quite confident that he's a player who posts with little thought but who seems to do so in noob-scum ways. Since I agree that we pretty much have to lynch him today and then reevaluate what's happened so far, I'm going to

UNVOTE: theaceofspades
VOTE: TheConman17

It seems to imply he doesn't think Conman is scum but wants to lynch him anyway rather than try to look at other players.

I asked in post 257 what was stopping him putting pressure on anyone else but he didn't reply, just saying he approved of exploring other avenues, but not actually doing so. Although I see he has picked a couple of names from Conman's list to look at so we'll see what comes of that.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:06 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 300, TheConman17 wrote:I bet your scum you seem to only post about me and what other people say about me, it gives off a weird vibe but I still don't think your scum
Fos: Qwints

Er, why FoS him if you don't think he's scum? Although according to your list you do. Are you going to tell us the reasons for your scum-reads?
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

It just give's me a weird vibe like if a was scum I would focus on one player and constantly try to find his faults and get everyone else going.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:56 pm

Post by Huntress »

Yes, I know what you mean. But it depends a bit on the player; some act that way as scum and some don't.

Just chasing up a couple of unanswered questions:

@ Kthxbye: You never replied to the second part of my question in post 210: Which were the points you were calling good in post 182?

@ Conman: What made you change your mind on Kthxbye?
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

He was acting more scummy before like taking stuff out of context but I reliezed that he probably thought I was scummy so there is no problem with him having an opinion and I still think he is scummy just not as scummy as other players (Nobody Special, qwints, havingfitz, no activity meph)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 299, qwints wrote:I'm willing to bet right now the scum team is conman, mala and absta based solely on that list. I'll reread to evaluate that.

I agree.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:19 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Huntress, honestly, I forget. I remember thinking that some of the points were on players who were on my scummy list. Mostly, just my reads based on Conman's scum flip. Will I go back and figure it out? Probably not. Too lazy and this day has dragged on long enough. Conman looks to be posting a bit better atm, but I don't trust him and won't trust him. No reason not to drop the hammer down. I think he looked so scummy that there are probably 2 scum on his wagon should he flip town and probably at least 1 scum bussing him should he flip scum. I want more info and I don't see it happening today.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:28 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Vote: No Lynch

This is getting to messed up for me and I honestly think we should wait for first kill to start accusing people
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Post by qwints »

Comman, the meta on this site is strongly against not lynching since it has the chance of giving mafia an extra kill.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Once again different then ikariam
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Meph has gone 47 hours w/o picking up his prod. D3x replaces him immediately!

(Ya this is an hour early, but I am the mod and I deem it so! (So I can take the worlds hottest shower, watch
an episode
several episodes of BSG, and cuddle with my blanket.
Spoiler:

That said, I have no other people in line asking to be in. If you are reading this and would like to reserve a space, should one become open in the future, PM me!

Also PM me if you want to cuddle! :P
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

argh, I need singer
this game is frustrating me

In post 224, Kthxbye wrote:The lack of activity in this game makes me sad.

More votes on conman. Kthxbye. Yeah, I just kthxbye'ed you. Now you have to do it.

Okay, cool. Why the hell is conman scum? Part of activity is someone provides evidence that someone is scum, someone else refutes it, and it keeps going. I'm willing to listen to you if you take the time out to talk with me, otherwise the game turns into people yelling at each other for no good reason. And if you want to play *that game*, then sure I am good and willing, but give me a little warning first.

In post 225, qwints wrote:I keep flipping between thinking conman is obviously scum and conman is an unreadable VI. I'm starting to sympathize with the argument that we have to lynch him Day 1 regardless, but I'd like to hear more from the people who have a town read on him - especially Singer

I hate arguments of people who say "oh, we have to lynch him Day 1 regardless". I don't think he's such a bane to the game that he's going to get himself modkilled or out his scumpartners; he's just a terse poster. I've seen other newbies with the same playstyles coming from different sites, and yes they are hard to read, but not impossible. I especially found his "the mod wouldn't give me a scum role PM my first time playing" thing town because it's a blatant lie if he is scum, he knows that it won't work if he is scum, and yet, if he's scum, he's trying to make himself seem town by the logic that someone will see it as town. I really don't think scum Conman would think to make a play like that; I've seen newbies coming from similar sites saying the same thing, and they all. flip. town.

In post 229, Slandaar wrote:Trolling is scummy.
Avoiding questions is scummy (without reason)
Having no reasoning is scummy.

no, no, no.
Trolling is scummy because it's a personality trait.
Avoiding questions is scummy if people can't figure out a way to answer them, but that can happen as scum or town and result in avoiding.
Having no reasoning is not scummy. Sometimes, people don't know what to do and so they vote. It happens, it's not scummy.

In post 231, havingfitz wrote:@SiN...well what the hell good is he if he is town?

I don't expect every town player in the game to play well. Kthxbye is tunneling pretty hard, which means that he's doing the scum's job for them if Conman is town. I remember absolutely nothing of what NS has posted this game, which means he's pretty useless. If Conman is scum, I'm playing like absolute shit. SK has posted virtually nothing.
If we decide that "yeah, these players are playing like shit" and we lynch them, we will not win. The entire point of the game of mafia is that a group of contributing people determines "okay, this person is scum and this person is scum" and then campaigns for votes to get that person lynched. If we wait for the point of the game where everyone is contributing, we will lose. Remember that newbie game where you and Jon were scum and you coasted to victory on PM and Arugula lynches? The game would have been very, very different without those lynches happening.

In post 231, havingfitz wrote:He may very well be town but there is no way he should be around at later stages of the game (i.e. LYLO) to either fcuk things up for town or provide an easy mislynch for scum when it would hurt town the most.

It hurts the town most right now if it's basically a free mislynch for scum. If conman is scum, he is going to replace out soon, or he is going to fuck up soon. If conman is town, he is probably going to make himself more obviously town soon. We can kill the problem about worrying about him going to LyLo by ENDING THE GAME BEFORE LYLO.

In post 233, qwints wrote:We seem unable to put pressure on anyone besides Conman today, and it doesn't look like he's going to make any posts that actually contribute to the game. I'm quite confident that he's a player who posts with little thought but who seems to do so in noob-scum ways. Since I agree that we pretty much have to lynch him today and then reevaluate what's happened so far, I'm going to

UNVOTE: theaceofspades
VOTE: TheConman17

reevaluate what?
which ones of the town were idiots, and which ones of the wagon were scum?

In post 242, havingfitz wrote:Oh for fcuk's sake. We aren't no lynching. This smells of scum trying to avoid a mislynch. The ONLY way a no lynch would be better than a Conman lynch would be if we had indisputable proof Conman was town.

P.edit...why would a mislynch be harder to get than a scum lynch?

Explain how this smells of scum trying to avoid a mislynch. I dare you.

In post 256, Malakittens wrote:it seemed a bit over eager. As if you are trying way too hard to appear town.

THERE IS NO TRYING TOO HARD
TRYING TO HARD IS NULL
ARGH

In post 279, qwints wrote:I approve of this exploring other avenues while we await Conman's return, but does anyone actually oppose a conman lynch?

yes
yes i do
Singer is Nachomamma
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Singer is Nachomamma
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:39 pm

Post by Singer is Nachomamma »

HAVINGFITZ:

In post 74, havingfitz wrote:VOTE: Conman for the irrational rationale around both his Slandaar AND Kthxbye votes.

only person fitz has even semi-focused on the whole game

In post 166, havingfitz wrote:I'm voting Conman because I have found his play to be erratic and contradictory. I think he is at best scum, and at worst...town I do not want to go very far in the game. If he IS town, I predict he'll never get NK'd and he'll either be a mislynch waiting to happen or he'll drop a vote on town without thinking it through and contribute to town's demise.

pulls the "he's a mislynch waiting to happen and will never get NK'd" card pretty fucking early
even though the reason he's a mislynch waiting to happen is because people are being lazy as shit

#231 brings nothing new on conman, just complains on what a terrible player conman is and that we should lynch him now.

In post 242, havingfitz wrote:Oh for fcuk's sake. We aren't no lynching. This smells of scum trying to avoid a mislynch. The ONLY way a no lynch would be better than a Conman lynch would be if we had indisputable proof Conman was town.

P.edit...why would a mislynch be harder to get than a scum lynch?

hey, he calls someone else scum!
...and it's the other newbie playing.

So, fitz has put absolutely zero effort into reading anyone this game, but is one of the conman wagon's strongest proponents. He's painting conman as a liability without really giving him a chance to do anything throughout the entire game, and it's scummy as hell. He needs lynching as soon as possible.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I am convinced.

unvote

Vote: havingfitz
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:05 am

Post by Slandaar »

If I had to guess based on Comans list I would guess a Conman/SK/SiN team.

Just sayin.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:18 am

Post by Slandaar »

Anyways

VOTE: D3x

Hi new-guy
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:27 am

Post by TheConman17 »

UNVOTE
VOTE: Havingfitz

Pretty good points singer
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:53 am

Post by havingfitz »

@SiN....why are you defending Conman so hard? If Conman is town...how would his lynch be a free mislynch for scum? Are you saying there wouldn't be any scum on a Conman mislynch? Something else? And your little either or scum/town assessment of him is ridiculous. If he is scum he's going to replace out or fuck up? IMO he has fucked up. And nice cheerleading on the END THE GAME BEFORE LYLO. Yes that would be nice but it can still be accomplished whether Conman is scum or not.

As for ace's Conman unvote feeling like scum trying to avoid a mislynch...I didn't agree with his rationale for unvoting Conman. If Conman turns out to be scum I think ace/Mala is cleared. If Conman turns out to be town I think ace/Mala deserves a closer look. Capiche? And no...I would not support a wagon based only/primarily on this unvote but it did feel a bit scummy to me.

Regarding SiN's :

1. Yes..Conman is my focus. As someone has mentioned...the game has stalled a bit so there is not a lot to go on. We need a flip and I support Conman's. are you saying you think scum are more likley to "semi-focus" on one player? Why as scum, if Conman was town, do you think I would essentially tunnel him and make myself part of his mislynch? I thought you knew me better than that.

2. Why do I need lynched for my opinions towards Conman? how am I preventing Conman from "doing anything?" That's bullshit and you know it. Conman can do whatever he wants and nothing he has done has warranted his D1 survival.

FoS
SiN

@NS....regarding . Please fcuking explain how you have gone from your "Kill it with Fire" opinion of Conman (combined with the "he almost has to be scum [sic]" with the difficulty in getting him lynched) to voting someone who shared the same sentiment based essentially on the fact he
was/am pushing for Conman's lynch? Please remove your head from your ass and put your vote back on Conman.

Slandaar...WTF are you voting the new guy? RV-esque welcome to the game pressure? WTF? If you think Conman warrants a lynch then put your vote back on him. FFS.

LOL at Conman's good point SiN OMGUS vote on me.

Please vote Conman and get this day over with. We need a flip to inject some life into this game and I am not it. Though actually...I would not be as free a mislynch as a Conman town lynch would be (based on my definition given above) so if scum really want to earn a lynch by all means :)
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 am

Post by d3x »

/in for cuddling

Aside from that, I've been skim following along. I'll be able to join the convo tonight.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:29 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mala

Mala wrote:Instead you did nothing as I said gave off the illusion that you can care less about them.
Why would scum care less than town?
What is the town-motivation for making a filer post?
You've just established that your second accusation is null.
There could have been other things that you could have said, but chose to ignore.
Like what?
Why are you so convinced he's scum. Why isn't there a possibility in your mind that he might actually be town?
What? He's leaning scum.
Also, answer the question. You said "regardless of alignment". Why wouldn't you want scum-conman to support his own lynch?
6) How is it vote worthy?
It's a terrible reason for calling me scum, probably the worst i've ever seen. Scum make fake reasons for calling town "scum". That's what I think you're doing.
How does me not being threatened by votes make me scum?
A recent game of mine I stopped thinking that vote hopping is a scummy thing.
What do you think of it now?
---
@Slandaar
Slandaar wrote:Absta is town btw
This smells like buddying, I don't believe i've done anything town-worthy yet. Explain please.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 10:28 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 319, havingfitz wrote:As for ace's Conman unvote feeling like scum trying to avoid a mislynch...I didn't agree with his rationale for unvoting Conman. If Conman turns out to be scum I think ace/Mala is cleared. If Conman turns out to be town I think ace/Mala deserves a closer look. Capiche? And no...I would not support a wagon based only/primarily on this unvote but it did feel a bit scummy to me.

What rationale for Ace unvoting Conman didn't you agree with? All he gave was a feeling, that he was starting to hate the wagon, and a reference to SiN's comments.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:48 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Mod: Vote Count
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:20 pm

Post by d3x »

UNVOTE: for posterity

TheConman17 (L - 4): havingfitz, qwints, kthx
Malakittens (L - 4): Gorgon, Saint Kerrigan, absta101
KthxBye (L - 6): Huntress
havingfitz (L - 4): Singer is Nachomamma, nobody special, conman
absta101 (L - 6): Malakittens
d3x (l-6): slandaar

this is what i'm seeing as the vote count; amended from the mod's last post. we have a 3way tie for wagons if my math adds up. i find that i get the best reads from people by interaction, as opposed to reading backlogs. with that in mind...

sell me. instead of telling me which wagon i should join, i'd like the people on the 3 largest to tell me why the other wagons are bunk. those not on the wagons {see below} are also welcome to answer this.

@slandaar- do you really feel that the best use of your vote is on me at this point in the game {latestage rvs}? do you not feel that there's enough happening to comment much? you've been riding that conman vote for ages, do you feel that my entrance into the game has diminished conman's scum potential or are you planning on hopping right back on? i'm not seeing a whole lot of content from you, recently a lot of scumteam speculation w/o much else.

@mala- what do you think of your predecessor? do you think ace was playing a solid game? did you suspect him of being scum while you were following this game {obv before replacing in}

@huntress- your first mention of meph is when you say "If Conman flips scum I'd be looking at Mephisto and absta first." did you only find him scummy in relation to conman? as you haven't mentioned him at all, what did you specifically find scummy about him, only his stance against the conman wagon?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”