qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:43 am

Post by qwints »

Nobody Special, why are you saying the fact that the difficulty of lynching someone makes them more likely to be town? It seems like it would be the other way around to me.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:01 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Sorry guys a family friend just died and I am spending some time with his son won't be on for about 2 days.
qwints
qwints
Mafia Scum
qwints
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:07 pm

Post by qwints »

Sorry for your loss.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:34 pm

Post by Gorgon »

My condolences. Take your time.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
TheConman17
TheConman17
Townie
TheConman17
Townie
Townie

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:04 pm

Post by TheConman17 »

Thanks guys
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:38 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

Sorry to hear about that conman. We won't lynch you till things get back to normal for you.UNVOTE:
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

First thing that rings a bell is Kthxbye's post 22.

People have mentioned this, but it seemed a bit over eager. As if you are trying way too hard to appear town.

So slight town points to Meph for calling it out.

Sense a bit over-defensive in the reply from Kthx to Gorg in this post.

RVS was over back in Page 1 yet we have votes going onto Absta without "proper" explanations. Post 33 and Post 34.

Don't like this post by Absta.

Reasons:

1) He has three current votes, but doesn't even care that he does. Meaning he's super calm, but doesn't feel the need to address them like they aren't worth it.
2) He asks Slandaar a non important question, imo. (Filler post)
3) He dodges most of the content that happened prior.

I feel a bit of Absta-scum, honestly.

I find it odd that Kthx calls out SiN for lack of substance in his posts, but doesn't call out Absta for similar reasons.

FoS Kthx

Absta's post 54. Calls Kthx town because of vote hopping and that is considered a town tell.

@Absta: I noticed that the last few games you played as town you normally vote hop, but this game you aren't vote hopping is there a reason for that?

Don't like Slandaar's post-vote hop onto the Conman's wagon in Post 75. I didn't like Fitz for the same reason either, but I doubt both scum would be on a wagon this early.

I like this post by Meph.

I don't like the self-vote at all. Don't do it, regardless of alignment, please.

I like this post by Huntress.

She's scum-hunting and asking good questions.

Don't like this post by Kthx. It's way to early to line up lynches without a flip on connections. I can understand doing it once we have a flip, but before?

Why do you care if a slip-up makes you look townish? I just got a paranoid vibe from Gorgon.

As for Saint's post here.

Any reason for just selectively commenting on those posts, but not other posts?
I do though like the questions you asked.

@Kthx:

I don't really like to quick lynch before I have time to ask questions and wait for answers so I can based reads on people. I think the longer Day 1 is the easier in the long run it will be to catch scum.
Why are you so eager to cut it short?

Sorry for your loss Conman. :(

----

So far I'm not liking Slandaar and I'm not liking Absta.

@Slandaar: Has your play recently changed so drastically from our last game? If not, why are you playing/acting so much differently? You aren't acting the way you did during Cort and you were town then.

Scum Reads:
(highest to lowest)

Absta - Reasons stated above. Completly calm when voted on, but doesn't question any of the votes on him. Gives me the illusion that he doesn't feel threatned by them. Filler posts and lack of substance. Different from town-meta.

Slandaar - Mostly gut, but I don't like the lack of substance also. Not to mention votes are being unexplained. Along with vote hops onto wagons. Different from town-meta game that I played with him.

Watch List:

Conman - Didn't like the self-vote, getting a new "town" vibe rather than scum, tbh.

Kthx- Pending evaluation regarding questioning.
Other reasons for being put on the watch list is the over-eagerness in 22. Calls out people for one thing, but doesn't call out others for the same exact thing.

Town Reads:

Meph- Reasons stated above.

Leaning Town List

Saint- Liked the one post that I saw from him. Only problem that I did have was that the comments/questions felt selective.

NS - Nothing he's done has struck me as incredibaly scummy. Willing to add him as leaning town.

Huntress - So far I have liked her posts. I didn't see her taking something out of context regarding Kthx.

---

As for Fitz, I'm being a bit cautious around him. I'd like a bit more posts before I categorize him. I was completely fooled by him recently in another game.

I always have trouble reading Hydra's (unless part of the Hydra is OM). So going to wait a bit before giving SiN a read.

I want to see more posts from Gorgon and Qwints before they go onto a list.

---

Vote: Absta
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:37 pm

Post by Huntress »

In post 223, absta101 wrote:Your suspicion of me (the one you posted in #52) only works if i'm Kthx's partner, and this case is what gave you the confidence to even consider the connection. That's bs.

No; it was the tone of post 44 that sparked my interest. My suspicion of Kthx had nothing to do with it. I would have still made the point about you even if I had no suspicion of him.

In post 223, absta101 wrote:Also, explain what you "expected" from my response to Slandaar's vote on me.

I expected you to query it earlier, not bring it up later as if you had been reminded to ask about it.

In post 223, absta101 wrote:I'm voting you because I don't believe your accusation of me came from town.

On what grounds?

In post 223, absta101 wrote:Explain why what you posted about me would be useful to anyone who didn't have Kthx as a conf scum read.

It becomes useful when looked back at later should he flip scum.

In post 223, absta101 wrote:It made his self vote look very fake. It showed that he didn't really want out of this game.

How does changing his mind and getting on with the game make him scum rather than town? It's more of a null tell to me.

In post 233, qwints wrote:We seem unable to put pressure on anyone besides Conman today, ...

What's stopping you putting pressure on someone else?
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:48 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

I don't really like to quick lynch before I have time to ask questions and wait for answers so I can based reads on people. I think the longer Day 1 is the easier in the long run it will be to catch scum.

@Mala: This game is beyond stalled. Many a lurker, many a fluff poster. I feel that a Conman lynch/flip will give us much more information than pulling the teeth that are answers out of over half the
lurkers
players in this game.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:32 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

V/LA for the rest of the week due to school/work obligations.
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:07 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Mephistopholes is being prodded now.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

In post 250, qwints wrote:Nobody Special, why are you saying the fact that the difficulty of lynching someone makes them more likely to be town? It seems like it would be the other way around to me.

Typically, it's easier to get a town person lynched, due to most or all of the scumteam being somewhere on the wagon. However, if the wagon is on a scumperson, it's harder to get the momentum going (some scum are hesitant about bussing), and just generally is harder to complete a lynch.

Wait. I totally spoke wrong earlier. Conman is probably scum, due to the difficulty of the wagon. Geez, my mind is going.

Conman, my condolences. Take your time.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:10 am

Post by Slandaar »

My play hasn't drastically changed no.

Rainbow thought it had though.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:02 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 232, Gorgon wrote:
Fixed that for you.

Thanks buddy!

In post 232, Gorgon wrote:
However, Conman and Huntress scum together? Does that add up with Huntress preemptively painting Kthxbye in a bad light for suggesting Conman is town (which would be wrong and Huntress would know that)? Hmm ...

I think it is taken out of context as she was trying too hard to find a way to defend him.

its also possible Huntress Scum knowing Conman is town.

I think Conman lynch needs to happen though, hes too scummy independently.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:09 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 240, theaceofspades wrote:
okay now there's.... something. slaandar's got something here I think...... Okay slandaar. Are you willing to vote kthx based on this? It's pretty compelling...... The thing is. Huntess and kthx can't both be scum. Well I guess they could but it doesn't look like it. I'm thinking that conman is town. and if we lynch him we are just wasting our time. But at the same time... i'm not ready to vote for kthx. so I'm wanting to play it safe here

VOTE: No Lynch

I know I make good points thanks.

I can't figure out where he gets the idea I am suggesting kthx is scum from this post.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:13 am

Post by Slandaar »

In post 258, Kthxbye wrote:I don't really like to quick lynch before I have time to ask questions and wait for answers so I can based reads on people. I think the longer Day 1 is the easier in the long run it will be to catch scum.

@Mala: This game is beyond stalled. Many a lurker, many a fluff poster. I feel that a Conman lynch/flip will give us much more information than pulling the teeth that are answers out of over half the
lurkers
players in this game.

top and bottom contradict

Top is saying he wants to draw the day out to get answers bottom is saying lets lynch conman!!!111
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 am

Post by Kthxbye »

That's because the top isn't mine....
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:20 am

Post by Kthxbye »

It was supposed to be a mala quote.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:34 am

Post by Malakittens »

@Kthx: Explain to me how a lurker lynch would give us information?

(No, I'm not as stupid as you think. I want to know what information that you would get from it. I know information that could possibly be gained from it, but all I see it as an "easy" lynch.)

---

@Slandaar:

I remember that game with RD, but I sure as don't see where RD saying that the play has changed. I remember him giving you another chance.

There's also another theory that you haven't even decided to think about regarding Huntress.

Won't be able to answer that question personally from him since I'm Ace's replacement.

Why don't you think Kthx is scum?

Also, if you read my post you would have realized I asked Kthx a set of questions which he answered. I'm trying to wrap my head around why either 1. You didn't read most of my post or 2. You didn't realize what Kthx answered was coming from me in the first place.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:11 am

Post by absta101 »

Quick reply:

Mala I think I hate you. I swear you call me scum every game. Fuck sake.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:43 am

Post by absta101 »

@Mala

Mala wrote:1) He has three current votes, but doesn't even care that he does. Meaning he's super calm, but doesn't feel the need to address them like they aren't worth it.
How is this even scummy?

They were shit (and obviously temporary) reasons.
2) He asks Slandaar a non important question, imo. (Filler post)
I can't defend this because I don't fully remember why I asked it.

Why would scum-absta post that (what's the scum motivation for making a filer post)?
3) He dodges most of the content that happened prior.
It was page two and I addressed the Kthx suspicion on page 3.
@Absta: I noticed that the last few games you played as town you normally vote hop, but this game you aren't vote hopping is there a reason for that?
It's a terri-bad way of playing. I believed I stopped doing it after our previous game together.
I don't like the self-vote at all. Don't do it, regardless of alignment, please.
It's a decent move by caught scum.
To the point, why wouldn't you want scum-conman to support his own lynch?
Absta - Reasons stated above. Completly calm when voted on, but doesn't question any of the votes on him. Gives me the illusion that he doesn't feel threatned by them.
This is vote worthy.
VOTE: Mala
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am

Post by absta101 »

Huntress wrote:No; it was the tone of post 44 that sparked my interest. My suspicion of Kthx had nothing to do with it. I would have still made the point about you even if I had no suspicion of him.
Wtf?

Why would it get your attention if you had no suspicion of Kthx? The only reason scum-absta would do it is to 'protect' his partner Kthx.
(and you can't slide an unvote by unnoticed, it's supposed to be clear for the Mod.)

I expected you to query it earlier, not bring it up later as if you had been reminded to ask about it.

It was more that your response to Slandaar's vote was not what I would have expected to see
Then what do you mean by this? ^
On what grounds?
It doesn't make sense to me, hence the interrogation.
It becomes useful when looked back at later should he flip scum.
"Later"
. It's useless now.
Town-you would note it down somewhere and bring it up should Kthx turn out to be scum (if you were confident in the possible connection).
Scum-you would bring it up (a terrible accusation) ASAP. Anything to make a townie look bad is good for you.
How does changing his mind and getting on with the game make him scum rather than town? It's more of a null tell to me.
He changes his mind as soon as we offered the option for town-him to replace out. I'm quite confident that town in his position would replace out once told to by 'everyone' else.
Do you agree?
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:11 am

Post by absta101 »

In post 269, absta101 wrote:Quick reply:

Mala I think I hate you. I swear you call me scum every game. Fuck sake.

Actually, nvm this. I guess your suspicions were justified due to your "vote hopping is scummy" mindset.

No hard feelings.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 264, Slandaar wrote:I can't figure out where he gets the idea I am suggesting kthx is scum from this post.

It looks like he thought that the last line of your 228 was addressed to me rather than paraphrasing me.

In post 271, absta101 wrote:Why would it get your attention if you had no suspicion of Kthx?

As I said earlier, it was the tone of the post. It doesn't take much to get my attention that early in the game.

In post 271, absta101 wrote:"Later". It's useless now.
Town-you would note it down somewhere and bring it up should Kthx turn out to be scum (if you were confident in the possible connection).
Scum-you would bring it up (a terrible accusation) ASAP. Anything to make a townie look bad is good for you.

Yeah; scum would love town to keep quiet about their thoughts until it was too late. If I think something is worth saying then I'll say it.

In post 271, absta101 wrote:He changes his mind as soon as we offered the option for town-him to replace out. I'm quite confident that town in his position would replace out once told to by 'everyone' else.
Do you agree?

No, I don't. For a start, only four people told him to replace out, that's not "everyone", and secondly I see his willingness to move past his frustration, or whatever it was, and stick with the game as more of a player tell than an alignment tell. If anything I would have thought that newbiescum was less likely to do that.

Your vote on Mala makes the second time you've voted someone just for looking at you.
absta101
absta101
Mafia Scum
absta101
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 am

Post by absta101 »

I thought you'd say that.

Is there a reason you didn't comment on my reason (Do you disagree with my vote)?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”