roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 am

Post by roflcopter »

all right well i read day one and nobody special is my strongest townread. the whole d3x/slandaar thing feels pretty town-town too.

i'm interested in the imminent deaths of malakittens, gorgon and to a lesser extent qwints. gorgon pretty clearly thought he was going to have to bus con, but was the first to jump
off
that wagon when the immediate powerlynch didn't happen, then he rode the counterwagon for the rest of the day. malakittens wiffewaffled about her con read until the last possible minute. qwints' initial con vote looked like an exasperated necessity bus ('such obvious noob scum!'), followed by a later unvote when the first incarnation of the wagon didn't go all the way, but his end of day one hard push on conman was i feel pretty key in actually getting the lynch through, and he could have very easily simply not gone back to the con wagon and there would have been no con lynch.. so yeah. there's also probably only two scum left. gorgon/mala are my top two choices.

vote: gorgon
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:39 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Rofl, what do you make of SiN's apparent drunk rant of con being town?
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:14 am

Post by roflcopter »

In post 726, Kthxbye wrote:Rofl, what do you make of SiN's apparent drunk rant of con being town?

not incriminating. i doubt scum would defend an obviously sinking ship like that.
soi soi soi

wins: open 69 (townie), mini 592 (sk), mini 617 (mafia rb), open 102 (mafia lover), crackers! (doctor), mini 712 (doctor), mini 715 (townie), mini 770 (inventor), lynch all lurkers (townie), mafia 100 (mason), space mafia (neighborizer)
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Gorgon wrote:Being pretty anal about my statistics, I'm not sure I would be ready to say right now that he's more likely scum than town (a pretty bold assertion considering the factors at hand), but I would be willing to bet that the chances of him being scum are better than random, which is enough to warrant a vote at this stage.

Anyway, as I said in my vote post his kneejerk OMGUS vote was a red flag. I read it as such because Kthxbye devotes the post that Conman was responding to mainly to complaining about lurkers (something that I myself feel is a problem in this game btw) and then votes Conman for lurking and not paying attention, and Conman responds to this by saying that Kthxbye is 'rather quick to try and take votes of [himself] and try to blame other people', where other people seems to mean just him, Conman. If this was really referring to Kthxbye's behavior in general, I'd have thought that Conman would have said something about Kthxbye earlier, which he never did. And the blaming other people part seems pretty weird in a game that's all about finding some fault with the other players (although it could be a newbie thing, but I get a bad vibe from it). Adding fuel to the kneejerk-feel fire, Conman completely ignores NS's question about the reason behind his earlier vote - as Slandaar has already pointed out.

Gorgon wrote:I only saw this after I posted my above comment. Seems like Conman is now at L-1 which I'm not comfortable with this early in the game with too little activity from too many players. Premature hammering is always something of a possibility in this scenario and I wouldn't like that one bit.

UNVOTE:

Gorgon wrote:I have no idea how to read Conman any more, btw. His bizarre antics, topped off with a self-vote, have seen to that. My gut says town right now though.

I read this sequence of posts, and it seems that Gorgon rather abruptly shifts from holding Conman-scum to holding Conman-town, and the provided explanation of "he's confusing, but gut says town now" is rather unsettling to me. Do you have anything to say about this, Gorgon?
ALMOST ALWAYS BUSY 9-6 CST WEEKDAYS
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:35 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Also, something that hasn't been brought up yet that could be important: Huntress flipped Mason, which is always a pro-town role (unlike a Neighbor, which can include members of any alignment). That means if the other Mason(s) were to claim, they would be confirmed town.

I think having all remaining Masons claiming at some point would be a good idea; I'm not sure whether doing it today is the right thing to do or not; it may be better to wait for tomorrow.

Before I get accused of rolefishing, I'm not asking the remaining Mason(s) to claim right now. I just want to discuss with everyone the matter of whether the Mason(s) should claim publicly, and if so on which day.

This is a game I played where I was confirmed town via my Masonhood, for reference as to why I think the Mason(s) claiming could potentially be a good thing for the town.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:45 pm

Post by Gorgon »

In post 725, roflcopter wrote:gorgon pretty clearly thought he was going to have to bus con

At what point was I 'pretty clearly' thinking this? Which post(s)?

In post 725, roflcopter wrote:but was the first to jump
off
that wagon when the immediate powerlynch didn't happen,

I already tried to explain my reasons for getting off the initial Conman. My motivation was to prevent a possible quicklynch on page 4 in a game with players, some of whom had said very little at that point, and none of whose play I knew anything about, so basically anything could potentially have happened as far as I was concerned. Given the info I had at hand it was the right move at the time. Regardless of Conman's alignment (which I had very few reasons to know much about for sure though statistics this early in the game say any given player is more likely to be town than scum unless he does something ridiculously scummy) such a short first day would have left us with very limited information on day 2. So if you're saying it was scummy to unvote at that point I would like you to explain why it was not town considering the circumstances.

In post 725, roflcopter wrote:then he rode the counterwagon for the rest of the day.

That's a very unfair characterization of my posting. My unvote was on page 4, and my Slandaar vote was on page 17. The Conman lynch then happened on page 21, so that's about 5 pages of me riding the Slandaar wagon and about 13 pages of me not doing it. Or putting it in post terms, 5 posts vs. 14. How about you address the actual content of my post in a wider context instead of just reading around Conman looking for partners? That's fine per se but pretty unreliable all on its own with no further backup.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:48 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Malakittens wrote:I also notice that the defense of Conman by Meph/D3x slot looks bad, but also the defense of Conman by SiN.

Why were those defenses "bad"? Do you mean "bad" as in "that was scummy" or "bad" as in "that was pretty stupid, but not necessarily scummy"? I'm also kind of curious that you mention these defenses of Conman in your initial D2 post, but you had nothing to say about my own defense of Conman, or Gorgon's, etc. Any particular reason to pick just those two you mentioned and call them bad?
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:12 pm

Post by Gorgon »

In post 728, SaintKerrigan wrote:I read this sequence of posts, and it seems that Gorgon rather abruptly shifts from holding Conman-scum to holding Conman-town, and the provided explanation of "he's confusing, but gut says town now" is rather unsettling to me. Do you have anything to say about this, Gorgon?

Honest answer? I really don't remember why exactly my gut was leaning town enough for me to write it out explicitly in that third post, even after reading these pages over. The only thing I do remember regarding this is that SiN's grand dramatic defense of Conman did make me think twice about him so that might have swayed me somewhat.

I know that probably looks bad but that's how it is.

Anyway, keep in mind that in the first post I was answering a direct call for explanations as to why Conman was scummy so of course I was writing from that standpoint back then. I do remember thinking "Hmm, what *do* I find scummy about him?" and doing my best to give a detailed answer to the question, and especially clarify what made me vote him at the time. It might look like I'm making a big case for Conman being scum but given the context and according to how I remember it it wasn't really like that.

So in short, it's a gut thing, going from gut-leaning-scum to gut-leaning-town for reasons I can't really remember too well. Really wish I did since with Conman being confirmed scum I can see that it is a valid reason for looking into me.
I want to concentrate on playing one game at a time so I'm not available for replacements. If this changes I will change this sig accordingly.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:32 pm

Post by Gorgon »

In post 729, SaintKerrigan wrote:I think having all remaining Masons claiming at some point would be a good idea; I'm not sure whether doing it today is the right thing to do or not; it may be better to wait for tomorrow.

Good point. I don't really see the cons for at least one mason to claim as soon as today, as masons can't be blocked and can't really be killed unless scum successfully play WIFOM against a very possible doc. It's more of a headache than a benefit for scum, really, and a clear benefit for town; knowing about at least one live person that can be trusted. One possible con is of course that nobody would vote that player so no info from that could be gained, but I think it's a fair tradeoff at this point in the game.
Gorgon
Gorgon
Goon
Gorgon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:07 pm

Post by Gorgon »

Oh and also, SK, since you include my by now seemingly infamous unvote in your sequence, it seems like you might have been thinking that the unvote was something of a precursor to me getting a gut town read on Conman, but it was no such thing, at least not consciously. My feelings about Conman per se had no bearing on the unvote, which was a kneejerk strategic move to prevent a quicklynch as I've explained a bunch of times by now - and there were plenty of posts between that and my 'town says gut' post. I think the unvote did in practice have the side effect of switching my mental momentum away from Conman though, now that I've mulled issue this over.
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:51 pm

Post by Malakittens »

You do know that it's mostly town that controls the wagons due to there being a bunch more townies than scum, right? Or what do you mean by these sentences exactly?

I'm very aware that it's mostly town that controls wagons, but I still think it's very unlikely to have two scum wagons like that on Day 1. Ofc there's always going to be more town than scum numbers.
Have you ever played a game where Day 1 has two wagons that both have been scum?
It's possible for them both to be scum, but I really doubt it, tbh.

---

Funny, Rofl, you are a funny, funny man. Funny how the two deaths that you want right now are actually pushing for your death atm. Not counting Gorgon, but Qwints/I are.

---

As for the Mason claiming. I think we should have he/she/them possibly claim in the future, but not right now.

Right now is too soon and I think it's too early. I mean it gives town an advantage to have at least one confirmed town running around, but there are way more advantages to waiting than doing it today or even tomorrow.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

Malakittens wrote:but there are way more advantages to waiting than doing it today or even tomorrow.

Such as...?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 pm

Post by Malakittens »

If I tell you that ruins the plan doesn't it? Think harder.
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:18 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

No. You've made the claim that there are "way more advantages" to waiting on the claims than to have them now, you should be able to back up those claims. Frankly, this looks like a stall tactic to me, and that's scummy.

Your remark about roflcopter was also quite scummy. He names you as one of his top suspects, and you
immediately
try to trivialize what he said about you.

Vote: Malakittens
SaintKerrigan
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
SaintKerrigan
Brings Out The Flavour
Brings Out The Flavour

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:23 pm

Post by SaintKerrigan »

EBWOP: ...back up that claim. [GRAMMAR NAZI EDIT]
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 pm

Post by roflcopter »

unvote, vote: malakittens

saint is town
soi soi soi

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

I've already told everyone SaintK is town, and I see no reason for the remaining mason(s) not to claim.

Mala, you reek of scumminess.

unvote

Vote: Mala
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
AngryPidgeon
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
AngryPidgeon
Glenn Peck
Glenn Peck

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:22 pm

Post by AngryPidgeon »

Vote Tally 2.5

Malakittens (L - 3):
Saint Kerrigan, roflcopter, Nobody Special
roflcopter (L - 3):
Singer is Nachomamma, qwints, Malakittens
Slandaar (L - 5):
D3x
d3x (L - 5):
Slandaar
Singer is Nachomamma (L - 5):
Kthxbye

Pacifists (Not Voting):
Gorgon

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch or 5 to "No Lynch".

Saint Kerrigan (L - 6):

Gorgon (L - 6):

KthxBye (L - 6):

qwints (L - 6):

Nobody Special (L - 6):

((expired on 2013-01-13 23:59:59))
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Mmk. I do have to say that is a fast wagon that built up on me after one post.

Only person who I think is probably scum on that wagon is Rofl. I already stated my reasons for his whole slot being scum and his entry into the game hasn't decreased that nor has his quick vote on me after SK voted.

Reasons for an advantage for the masons not to claim was this:

a) Force a possible cornered scum into claiming Mason and then having a real Mason counterclaim them.
b) The fact the mason claiming now will decrease the scum need to search for the mason or any other PR to be exact. If they don't claim the scum have a harder job to do rather than an easier one.
c) You're potentially asking for a protective role to protect a claimed Mason where it can be used elsewhere.

So those were my reasons for advantages to why I believe the Mason(s) should not claim right now.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:49 pm

Post by roflcopter »

all town wagon on malakittens is all town
soi soi soi

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm

Post by Malakittens »

No, you're not confirmed town, Rofl, please don't try and act like you are. You are the only one on the wagon who I believe isn't town, but I do think SK and NS probably are.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:00 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

That was one quick wagon on mala and I have a town read on her....

I do disagree with waiting for the other mason to claim. I don't think it hurts town for them to claim.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:17 pm

Post by roflcopter »

its ok mala, you're right, i'm not conftown. but as soon as you flip scum i might as well be.
soi soi soi

d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:58 pm

Post by d3x »

@NS- I don't disbelieve your softClaim, but really? A largely Inactive player complaining of a lack of activity? You had just been prodded for kitten's sake...

@Slandaar - In an effort to stop cluttering the thread with our continued War, I propose the following. Neither of us is going to back down. If we continue our debate in spoilers, those who don't wish to trudge through the shit don't have to.
Spoiler:
In post 657, Slandaar wrote:How is this related to my alignment exactly Dex?
They are all connections that I believe point to you being Scum.

He called me town BECAUSE I wasn't voting him

Nice misrep.
I talk about most of this in the next spoiler, but I'll cover this one here as well. You've just outlined an OMGUS situation. If he stops 'thinking your Scum' b/c you were no longer Voting for him, he must've then been thinking you were Scum b/c you were Voting for him. That's OMGUS. There's no misrep involved. Either way, I'm calling it false b/c you didn't change your read, you just changed your Vote.

how do I look terribad again when I do this? how do I look terribad again by voting him if I was around when he had 4 or 5 votes by saying 'Well Dex isnt going today will just vote Conman' ?
I explained this immediately after you stopped this quote. You even referenced the scenario where you look bad and remark "above". You keep saying I'm doing 'pointless' things. You're breaking my points in half and asking for the response that is literally in the second half.
In post 650, d3x wrote:And when exactly were you planning on getting back on the Wagon? You kept your Vote on me and were definitely around when the Wagons were neck and neck. How is this twisting anything, check the Iso Vote counts and your posts. I'll wait...

So, when did you plan to get back on the Wagon? You abandoned the Conman Wagon when it lost steam for a weak Vote against me. You didn't get back on the Conman Wagon. You were pushing hard against me while the Conman Wagon gained steam back. If you had jumped back on right before the Lynch, yes, it would've looked terribad. It would've looked exactly like what it would've been... a last minute TownCred Bus Vote.
This is one statement, not two. And it answers your question to boot.

In post 657, Slandaar wrote:What does Neck and Neck have to do with anything, at all? the wagons could be 1/1 with 6 to lynch thats neck and neck
But they weren't at L-6 to L-6, they were L-3 to L-3 and gaining steam. absta had said he was down for you to swing, so it may as well have been L-2 to L-3. Ultimately 2 Votes away and you still didn't feel the need to get back on the Wagon you felt was obvScum. That's my point.

In post 692, Slandaar wrote:Lets set the record straight shall we Dex?

Meph flaked from his only game ie this one, to call it a site flake is beyond manipulative.
Meph
did
SiteFlake. He hasn't posted on the Site since he Flaked... how is this manipulating anything?

Meph threw in the towel
You cannot honestly tell me that what Meph did and what absta did are even close. Meph just disappeared. absta had a freaking anuerism, requested replacement {Dec 20}, and then signed up for another game {Dec 21}. There's no comparison between the two. There is no context to say Meph's SiteFlake was alignment indicative {god forbid, the guy could've been hit by a bus for all we know}, but there's a hell of a lot for absta's Flake. So yeah, I do call this "ScumHunting" bs.

Dex is basically saying being a VI makes you immune from all scumtells.
Hell of a misrep here. I'm saying I don't think he was dropping ScumTells. I shall reiterate... I did not think he was Scum.

If you had checked you would know he was chasing me about it I really didn't care.
And...? That actually makes your interactions less, if you want to discount that. Either way, When one flips Scum, it'll strengthen my read on the other.

Re:
In post 671, Gorgon wrote:
It is clear when he started to call me town was because I wasn't voting him any longer ie buddying.
This is a bit of a weasley statement. In the post immediately before your UnVote, you called him out as part of the 3man Scum Team.
Explain how you believe he flipped your Vote b/c it was no longer OMGUS, plz {whch is what you are implying}.
I don't quite understand what you meant by the bolded part.
It has been brought up like 3 times since I've been away that I haven't responded to this request. Good job guys. I wasn't here and it's difficult to respond to something that you're not around to respond to. This will probably be a long one, so I'm using spoilers again...
Spoiler:
I didn't respond to Gorgon that first time because it was going to be dealt with in my response to Slandaar {referenced not long after his request}.

The chain of events-
In post 643, Slandaar wrote:It is clear when he started to call me town was because I wasn't voting him any longer ie buddying.
Slandaar says that Conman stopped suspecting Slandaar b/c Slandaar stopped Voting:Conman {which would be textbook OMGUS Voting}. This references the contents found in p317 and p328. In p650, I am saying that I don't accept his answer because in p316, Slandaar called Conman out as being one of the 3 Scum. It is thus highly unlikely that Conman no longer thought Slandaar was suspicious of him.

Not only had Slandaar named him as Scum immediately before the UnVote, he hadn't said anything about changing his read on Conman. I guess my original statement should've read, "Explain how you believe he flipped
his read on you
b/c it was no longer OMGUS, plz {whch is what you are implying}". Or to put it another way, I'm asking Slandaar how he reconciles the notion that Conman has a Town read on him simply b/c he's not Voting:Conman {as Slandaar suggests in p643}, when Slandaar doesn't say anything about changing his read, just his Vote.

I think that about does it. If anything is unclear, just let me know.

@Gorgon p706 - Kthx was siting my play in this game as contrary to my Town meta, but that meta =/= consistent with my Scum meta either. There is only one way to debate meta arguments and that's with meta. Sure it's WIFOM, but any meta argument ultimately is.

This took way the fuck too long... I'll finish my catch-up tomorrow.
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
roflcopter
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
roflcopter
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 am

Post by roflcopter »

it would be really awesome if dex and slandar could stop wasting time voting each other, it should be pretty obvious by now that neither of you is successfully getting the other one lynched. i humbly suggest you put aside your differences and both vote for malakittens instead.
soi soi soi

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”