NY 163: Void Mountain of the Nightless Temple (Game Over)

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1900 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:47 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1893, Antilles wrote:
In post 1871, Syryana wrote:*cracks knuckles* Wall response time!
This does not look like something a townie would say.
I've seen scum respond to an attack in the same way in the past.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:52 am

Post by Antilles »

The Acting Method had ten posts and had absolutely no game related content whatsoever.

TheLurker joins the game with a splash, and actually makes VERY townie sounding posts.

Then there's an 18-day gap in the slot's history; TheLurker lurked his way to flaking out.

Then Syryana comes in and reads the entire thread, barely taking any breaths between.

The speed and intensity at which Syryana entered the game makes me not trust that slot.

The content, consistency, and overall play AFTER that though, makes me reconsider that.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:54 am

Post by Antilles »

Actually Syryana is one of my stronger town reads now. Well played so far, Syryana.

The Lurker also came across as strongly town, and aside from flaking out, would have been one of my top town reads. Syryana continues that trend.
As for The Acting Method... his active lurkage and then asking for replacement is pretty much exactly what I did. Except I actually stopped lurking.

Reading ISOs works, who knew.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:57 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 1900, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1893, Antilles wrote:
In post 1871, Syryana wrote:*cracks knuckles* Wall response time!
This does not look like something a townie would say.
I've seen scum respond to an attack in the same way in the past.
Thank you for responding to that blatant line of reaction fishing. It was mostly meant for Syryana, but you are welcome to give away your scumminess based on it too. Of course you've seen scum react that way to it. You've also seen town react to it in that way too. But unfortunately in a Nightless game, scum have to seed as wide a web of suspicion as they can, because they can't rely on nightkills to save them from competent townies.

Congratulations. You have been self-elected to be next in my list of ISOs. Pray that I don't find you scummy.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Antilles »

Also, I'm going to pre-emptively state that DGB and Syryana have possibly just opened my eyes to the light.
What if the last three scum are DCXLVI, Zdenek, and Metal Overlord? That would make the game super easy.
This requires dropping my scum read on Ms Marangal, but eh. It's not as strong as when I first had it anyway.

Does that make sense to anyone else? DCXLVI, Zdenek, Metal Overlord.

If I come back from my ISOs of DCXLVI and Zdenek, and they feel like scum, then let's lynch down the line: 1, 2, 3.
I'll also be checking for associations between them and flipped scum.

I really feel like this game might be broken right now. This could be an epic perfect win.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1903, Antilles wrote:Of course you've seen scum react that way to it. You've also seen town react to it in that way too.
I have? I can't remember it. Frankly, I don't think that town thinks - hey I need to write a wall to respond to this.
The scum was a buddy of mine, Shos, in Korlash's Voyager game.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:05 am

Post by Antilles »

Frankly, who do you think are town? You must have a good list of townreads so far. We're 77 pages into the game.
Syryana
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Syryana
He/Him
Always Andy
Always Andy
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:11 am

Post by Syryana »

In post 1891, Zdenek wrote:I'm still pretty sure that Syryana is the best lynch today. Him calling the thread "crap," as a justification to not reread doesn't make too much sense coming from town considering the game state, and the fact that he read through the game without checking to see who had died makes no sense - knowing flips is useful scum hunting information. I think he was attempting to feign the not-knowing-which-scum-is-dead town-tell.

I'm pretty sure that MO is town for reasons that I'll get into if I have to, but for now, I'd like to keep to myself.
Clearly you didn't bother to read my post past the first paragraph. If you had, you might have realized I was talking about not dredging up posts through 60 pages of dense information to justify my scumreads on all 15 players as they evolved.

It sounds to me like you've decided I'm scum and are looking for anything that could be construed as a scumtell and displaying it as such. You take my comment on calling the 60 pages "crap" out of context, even though if you'd read through my post you'd realize I ended up going through most of that 60 pages again anyways.

You also state that I'm attempting to feign a town-tell by pretending not to know the scum is dead. What do you know of my playstyle? Are you some kind of expert on how replacements should read a thread that's 60 pages long with a half a day left to deadline? I personally believe that going into a game
not
knowing who the dead are and their alignment is more beneficial, because it allows me to reevaluate my reads if I'm way off. IME, it's more likely that if I'm wildly wrong about one person, I'm probably wildly wrong about other people too. If I'm right,
then
I can go back and look for associative tells. I didn't have the time to go back and do that then. I'll probably get to that later today, for TUA at least anyways. A brief ISO of KBW showed very little; his play was mostly OMGUS and I'm not seeing much in the way of association there.

Peditxlots: Whoa, posts. I'll get back to those later, not much time now.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Antilles »

Let's just lynch Metal Overlord.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 am

Post by Antilles »

Vote: MetalOverlord
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:21 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 1904, Antilles wrote:Does that make sense to anyone else? DCXLVI, Zdenek, Metal Overlord.
Maybe DC.

As for MO, I literally freaked out over a typo.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:24 am

Post by Zdenek »

Town reads:
DGB
HD
Titan
BBMolla
ArcAngel

You could be town because of the comment at the end of the day yesterday.
ArcAngel is probably town because of the way Nero was trying to negotiate with her to move her vote.

I think that MO is likely town.

I think that Jennifer has a decent chance of being town, but again that's because of interactions with flipped scum.

Marangal I have mixed feelings on. Her interactions with TUA and KBW make me think that she's town, but there's a chance that she was semibussing both of them, while pushing a lynch on a townie, and there's the chance that her post at the start of the game was scum trying to be manipulative, rather than moping town, and the more I think about it, the more that it bothers me.

I think that otterhorse is suspicious because of the way that both he and TUA changed their reads on each other on day two.

DCL has a decent of being scum because RachMarie dropped a lame town-tell and DCL did the same upon replacing in. I also find the way that he defended TUA suspicious - he used an argument about the wagons, which was based on a true fact, but which I think has nothing to do with TUA's alignment.

Klick is null.
Bulbazak I am having a hard time with because I find his ISO really hard to read. I think that there is a good chance that he is blathering scum.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:26 am

In post 1911, Zdenek wrote:Bulbazak I am having a hard time with because I find his ISO really hard to read. I think that there is a good chance that he is blathering scum.
I'm pretty sure about that one.

It's going to be a scum flip, once we have this mod-confirmed everything else will fall into place.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:33 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1903, Antilles wrote:Thank you for responding to that blatant line of reaction fishing. It was mostly meant for Syryana
How was it going to be a reaction test for Syryana?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:42 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1425, DCLXVI wrote:Ok, so deadline is less than one day away and if we don't lynch the mafia get a nightkill?

and to lynch we need a majority correct?
Looking back now, I can hardly see how this couldn't be fake.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:46 am

Post by Zdenek »

That and the fact that Syryana voted TUA when he replaced in makes me want to pursue this.
Vote: DCL
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:52 am

In post 1914, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1425, DCLXVI wrote:Ok, so deadline is less than one day away and if we don't lynch the mafia get a nightkill?

Explain?

Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:19 am

Post by Antilles »

Zdenek and Human Destroyer are not scum together, thanks to pp. #83-86.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 305, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 117, TheUnderachivers wrote:Do whatever it takes to stop these Dumbo's from mislynching us.
VOTE: Underachivers

Yup, ISO'ed everybody individually and found some stuff. But this little gem was my favorite.
Robocopter's slot is town. Who's that now?
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:21 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 1918, Antilles wrote:
In post 305, Robocopter87 wrote:
In post 117, TheUnderachivers wrote:Do whatever it takes to stop these Dumbo's from mislynching us.
VOTE: Underachivers

Yup, ISO'ed everybody individually and found some stuff. But this little gem was my favorite.
Robocopter's slot is town. Who's that now?
Oh, dammit. It's BBmolla, I already knew he was town.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:25 am

Antilles is totes town, this playerslot is never to be lynched.

Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:25 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 50, The Acting Method wrote:Hey Marangal.

Serra, you should know better than to ask me if I'm scum here.

I believe I lectured you on the catch-22 of that statement in the aforementioned n00b?

I think I'm going to have to reread again, but I think an RVS policy lynch vote is a bit ridiculous.
In post 161, The Acting Method wrote:Okay, I missed all of that, and I've been gone all day... I read through and I'm still confused someone care to sum up the day so far?
In post 201, The Acting Method wrote:Okay, I should get down to business and try and make hide or tail of what's been said.
In post 239, The Acting Method wrote:I have two site meta's...

And really it probably tells you more about the size of the game and/or my schedule at the time.

I've read through to about page 5 of the game... I have no idea who to vote for if any... Not enough standout interchanges or scum hints.
I was ISOing through Zdenek/BT and from BT's posts I pretty much re-realized that Marangal needs to be lynched.
Marangal, Metal Overlord, and ??? are the scum. Possibly DCLXVI. This game is 2 E Z.

Unvote; Vote: Ms Marangal.

Everyone should go ISO BT and read his posts about Ms Marangal. Then ISO me and read MY posts about Ms Marangal.

Then, vote for Ms Marangal.
Antilles
Antilles
Townie
Antilles
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:26 am

Post by Antilles »

In post 1920, DrippingGoofball wrote:Antilles is totes town, this playerslot is never to be lynched.
Well, obviously.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 am

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1916, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1914, Zdenek wrote:

Explain?
Because, if he didn't read the opening post, which is what this post, at least on the surface, conveys, he would think that this is an ordinary game of mafia, and wouldn't feel the need to make either of these comments. The fact that he made them, indicates that he thinks there is something worth saying about at least one of them, and he wouldn't feel that way, unless he read the opening post or had someone tell him that he should make a comment like that (in the scum qt). So he's scum, trying to fake a town-tell.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:27 am

In post 1917, Antilles wrote:Zdenek and Human Destroyer are not scum together, thanks to pp. #83-86.
Neither is scum.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”