AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:38 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

In post 399, Amethyst Kitty wrote:Because there is very little reason to why we are town and I really, really don't like being called town with little reasoning regardless of my alignment

Matt, answer my question

-Mara
Please link me to the exact location where I called Vi scum ty
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

In post 341, AngstyMatters wrote:Anyone reading Vi as town is wrong for feeling that way right now and they make me suspicious that people are bandwagoning a subpar read
you didn't exactly say it, but you did hint toward it by stating that anyone who was town reading her is totally wrong to do so.

Quit dodging and answer
Amethyst Kitty
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Amethyst Kitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:42 pm

Post by Amethyst Kitty »

-Mara

fuck Signing
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

In post 401, Amethyst Kitty wrote:you didn't exactly say it, but you did hint toward it by stating that anyone who was town reading her is totally wrong to do so.

Quit dodging and answer
You're literally shoving words in my mouth

If someone said that a player who hasn't posted yet was town and I said that they should feel bad for that townread does it make the player who hasn't posted yet scum?

I'm not DIRECTLY answering your question but I'm DIRECTLY making you realize your conclusion was completely unfounded and wrong. That is answering your question.

The answer to "Why is Vi scum" is "I NEVER said Vi is scum so why are YOU assuming I think Vi is scum". You telling me to answer the question is bullshit because I answered it so maybe you'd like to now ask another question [:

We can play the Who is the King of the Hill game
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 6:57 pm

Post by AngstyMatters »

I've also been studying continuously for the past several days for finals so I'm being extra bitchy

Just disregard me
Remembrance
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Remembrance
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Remembrance »

Hito, are there any posting restrictions given to the players (or can there be)?

In post 93, Nachomamma8 wrote:
Hito, this is amazing.

Matt, it's to encourage scum to let me survive so they can see their high scores stack up.
What is this statement in reference to?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 9:02 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

VC 11 (Day 1, VC 11)

(5)
²
: Amethyst Kitty, Syryana, Magua, ToastyToast, Nibelung [L-7]
(4)
Sajin:
Gammagooey, Maxous, CF Riot, AngstyMatters
(3)
Gammagooey:
Vi, Nachomamma8, Sajin
(2)
thenewearth:
Dry-Fit, FSnake
(1)
Magua:
CarbonFiber
(1)
Remilia Scarlet:
Remembrance
(1)
AngstyMatters:
hp [leaves]
(1)
Nibelung:
Metal Sonic
(1)
Metal Sonic:
Kalimar
(1)
FSnake:
thenewearth

(3)
Not Voting:
², Mathdino, Remilia Scarlet

With 23 votes in play, it takes 12 to lynch. Deadline is Saturday, May 25th at 11 PM CST.

End of Day 1(expired on 2013-05-25 23:00:00)

CarbonFiber is V/LA until the 9th. hp [leaves] is V/LA until the 11th.

In post 405, Remembrance wrote:
Hito, are there any posting restrictions given to the players (or can there be)?
Not answering this.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 383, Remilia Scarlet wrote: The manner in which Kalimar attacks MS here bothers me a bit:

I don't see why he needs a cherry picked list of people to compare Nibel to, designed to attack the metrics with which MS is making his point, instead of straight up going and calling the point weak.

I feel like the reasonable response to MS' attack on Nibelung is "this case is weak because [those things aren't scumtells/Nibel isn't really doing them]", which is how I am interpreting what he says in the next sentence, but the aforementioned paragraph just seems designed to pointedly discredit this particular case, as if Kalimar would have given credence to it if only MS would have attacked someone else.

--bork
My seeming focus on Nibelung there was because I thought that Metal Sonic might have been trying to place suspicion on Nibelung through inaccurate elements. When none of his individual points applied to Nibelung, I reacted with that post. The individual points are also not very strong scumtells, but for me that's less of a bother because I don't really think anyone has any strong scumtells on anyone right now - things seem to be in a state of formative limbo at the moment.

I can't say how I'd react if a case from him was made on someone else, since it's hypothetical, but if it was of that quality I'm fairly sure I'd still be right where I am now with my vote.
In post 388, Remembrance wrote:@Kalimar: My initial thought when Pimhel wrote his replace out post was, "Frustrated townie who can't keep up with the speed of the game, taking himself out before he takes out his frustration on the players" But I decided to reread his iso, realized I made too many assumptions, and went back to null.
Fair enough.
In post 390, Metal Sonic wrote:nacho, just to clarify: your point system is ranking the "scumminess" of the player, am I right?

vi still seems town to me, unless proven scum

nacho is definitely town; if i havent said that alreadys

P-edit: thanks remilia for the defense, imo kalimar's method of attacking may be part of his play style, so i think i consider that a null read at the moment, but if he acts up more maybe we can consider him for nacho's point system

P-P-edit ehh nothing much here
What defense? Also, why don't you consider me for your own 'point system' (or however you scumhunt) instead of piggy-backing on someone else's?
Metal Sonic
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Metal Sonic
Sun Tzu
Sun Tzu

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:07 pm

Post by Metal Sonic »

My point system is not public; unlike nacho's
Kalimar
Kalimar
Goon
Kalimar
Goon
Goon

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Tue May 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Post by Kalimar »

In post 408, Metal Sonic wrote:My point system is not public; unlike nacho's
I'm not sure why you had to mention Nacho's list in the first place, especially over your own personal scumread list.
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 12:18 am

Post by thenewearth »

@Mod: V/LA for probably 2 days. Medical exam and whatnot.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 12:21 am

Post by Vi »

In post 391, Remilia Scarlet wrote:Vi's entire body of work has been a tunnel on Gamma (of which I don't follow the initial motivation for) How does that make for a substantial townread for anyone?
They know how to play Mafia.

Spoilers: fferylit already told you why I'm focusing on Gamma.
A. Kitty 394 wrote:and why the
fuck
are people town reading this slot when one head has been totally gone since the game has started?
Because you're more transparent than you realize, perhaps.
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:08 am

Post by Remilia Scarlet »

Thanks for the unwarranted condescension.

Are you talking about #266? I fail to see how that's either an explanation of the wagon on Gamma or a townread on you. If 2 is reading you as town I want to hear why from 2, not from you.

-bork
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:41 am

Post by ² »

In post 412, Remilia Scarlet wrote:Thanks for the unwarranted condescension.

Are you talking about #266? I fail to see how that's either an explanation of the wagon on Gamma or a townread on you. If 2 is reading you as town I want to hear why from 2, not from you.

-bork

- f
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:42 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

In post 393, Sajin wrote:@AngstyMatters: I still don't understand the the http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4935373 286 link. I asked you a question about it, you did not respond. You just shifted lines of thought completely. Was that your other head?
nope. tbh "cultural meta? really?" sounds rhetorical, i mean the only probable response is "yes i did use cultural meta". If you wanted a response a better question would've been 'Why are you using cultural meta to scumhunt?'
In post 320, Metal Sonic wrote:Ugh, 1 day and already 7 pages popped up, that downed my attention for a while.

i am a lazy player
excuses to explain away previous inactivity ^.^
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:51 am

Ok, but I think that's a bit vague - can you pick out one or two talking points that you took away from the meta research?

I don't know what to think of Gamma; his posts are a bit too stream of consciousness to read without my eyes glazing over. Only thing that really pings me with him is the bit of hedge in #381.
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:54 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

...im not matt, and i haven't learned how to read minds
Remilia Scarlet
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Remilia Scarlet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 2:55 am

If that was to me, #415 was to fferyllt, not you.
²
²
Mafia Scum
²
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 3:22 am

Post by ² »

In post 415, Remilia Scarlet wrote:Ok, but I think that's a bit vague - can you pick out one or two talking points that you took away from the meta research?
I iso'd Gamma in that thread to see if his first 4-5 posts here had a similar ring to his early posts in a thread where he was scum. They did. But, I was curious because he was the lynch on day 1. The thread was relatively short so I decided to read through day 1 to see how that lynch evolved. And it was interesting. Gamma recovered from a bad start, shed several votes, and another player was leading the lynch. Vi engaged the other player pretty heavily and I thought the tone was kind of unusual.

Then out of the blue she posted this: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 7#p4385107

Gamma died and flipped scum.
I don't know what to think of Gamma; his posts are a bit too stream of consciousness to read without my eyes glazing over. Only thing that really pings me with him is the bit of hedge in #381.
Based on my meta dive of his town/scum early game posts, I see why Vi is pressing him.

- f
Maxous
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Maxous
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 4:46 am

Post by Maxous »

In post 267, Sajin wrote: @CF Riot: Why ask me as opposed to at least 2 others that have not posted their reasoning so far?
Just curious.
scummmmmy
In post 283, Nibelung wrote: Maxous (for jumping votes all the time without reason)
?

I have reasons. The only one I did'nt explain was the Sajin one and the point of that was for people to go look at the post for themselves.

@FSnake:
Can you
1) Summarise why you are tunneling on thenewearth and
2) Tell me why I can find zero other reads in your ISO

This is really scummy

I'm wary he often tends to look scummy even as town but Toasty may actually be scum in this game.
"
And before anyone bitches about me highlighting PoD's 437 when I replaced in and called everyone on my wagon communists, I remind you that communism is not alignment-indicative
" - Belisarius

wiki (actually) updated
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 5:49 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

FSnake has requested replacement. If you're a non-player reading along, why not join in the fun? PM me.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:03 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 414, AngstyMatters wrote:
In post 393, Sajin wrote:@AngstyMatters: I still don't understand the the http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 3#p4935373 286 link. I asked you a question about it, you did not respond. You just shifted lines of thought completely. Was that your other head?
nope. tbh "cultural meta? really?" sounds rhetorical, i mean the only probable response is "yes i did use cultural meta". If you wanted a response a better question would've been 'Why are you using cultural meta to scumhunt?'
In post 320, Metal Sonic wrote:Ugh, 1 day and already 7 pages popped up, that downed my attention for a while.

i am a lazy player
excuses to explain away previous inactivity ^.^
Well then how about answering the question instead of being stubborn about it. I don't really understand the point of this response to me.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
AngstyMatters
AngstyMatters
Goon
AngstyMatters
Goon
Goon

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:33 am

Post by AngstyMatters »

points is... expecting a response to a question that looked rhetorical isn't exactly a reasonable expectation (and it is impossible for me to answer since i don't know why matt posted that)

(honestly there are better questions you could be asking to determine someone's alignment)
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 6:58 am

Post by Sajin »

In post 396, Gammagooey wrote:
In post 393, Sajin wrote: Your reasoning has basically copied what others have had to say. I want to know what your reasons are for wanting to vote metal sonic in the original post I called you out for rather than you parroting what others have said because it is convenient for you.
Find a single post in this entire game that's saying what I did here and quote it for me please. And you haven't bothered answering the question I asked you in the quote either.
@saijin- I get that you think *reasons* is bad and since you're voting me instead of just whining about it like you did with other players im gonna make some crazy assumptions that you think its more likely to come from scum than town. Why do you think that?

See because I think that your boring pointless-informationy 1st post is more likely to come from scum than town since it consists of a semi-game related comment that looks like relevant content without actually being useful to the game at all, and the posts after it share those almost-related comments that I think are an actually decent scumtell for early game shenanigans.
Because my best reads come from associative tells. Someone unwilling to provide said reasons yet state they have some reason is not being forthcoming about it and I find it a great place to vote because not only is it scummy but it also provides better reads on other players. Since then I think you reacted odd to pressure and thus my vote remains.

The alternative to this would be to let people post accusations without reasoning. Do you really promote that?
As for Sonic it was his iso#1, the post commented on the game instead of actually interacting with the players in it or giving an opinion and although it's more common in chat mafia games talking about the game from an outside perspective is way more likely to be coming from scum looking in on the game with better knowledge than the town has. Looking back at it though I dont think it was actually as bad as it looked given that Nibelung had just commented on Sonic and RVS specifically and its partially referring to that instead of just being an outside comment.
Better reasoning but why not post this instead of "I have reasons"? Do you disagree with my response above?

@AngstyMatters I can't tell which of you is posting what and I tend to ask a lot of questions to almost everyone in the thread not all of which are directly relevant. The content of the answer is not always what I am looking for but sometimes the attitude or what is not stated in the answer. Evidently others call this filler content but it works for me and my playstyle. I still expect an answer (from your other head, if needs be). I think it is reasonable to answer questions directed at you.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Wed May 08, 2013 7:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oversoul replaces FSnake. If you wanted an undersoul well you are just out of luck.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”