Mini 1450: Hillbilly Hunt Mafia (Game Over)

Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

I will also say that I am one of the players Marpim was referring to who enjoys a good challenge. I think I said that in our last game somewhere. It's also part of the reason I nominated Yates for an award after he won the game. He played us good and I tried damn hard to figure things out.
Knowledge is the key to understanding.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:33 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

@Mod: prods please
MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 8:46 pm

Post by MaraPim »

In post 223, Dry-fit wrote:No. It's that Mara's suggestion doesn't make any sense from the perspective of someone trying to determine CooLDoG's alignment.
Because I wasn't at that point? I already felt like I could effectively pin Cooldog as scum to the point where, it would be safe for me to also look for partners. His response that I quoted where I told him to be quiet made my scum-read on him that much more realistic

Thor, you think Fitz is one of the more Pro-town looking players? I am 95% positive that Ree is town this game Thor. His reasons for doing what he's doing coincide with mine much to closely for it to be coming from an opposite alignment and I know that this isn't a play-style bias because our play-styles are completely different from each other, so Vote cooldog?

Pim likes NPIAU and I can agree with that case so I would be ok with voting him, but I want Cooldog to go first.

~Mara
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sun May 19, 2013 10:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 216, Thor665 wrote:I think he's attempting on a major level to overstate the work he's doing in thread.
Your case is bad. And you should feel bad.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 1:27 am

Post by havingfitz »

@Ree....I struck through my question to Thor because he addressed it later. I left it vice deleting it to share what my thoughts were as I was catching up.
In post 221, Thor665 wrote:I know it's bad because fitz, by a solid margin, looks like one of the more pro-town players currently - so I know the axis is skewed from reality.
Does this mean you are town in this game :?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 1:42 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 227, MaraPim wrote:Thor, you think Fitz is one of the more Pro-town looking players? I am 95% positive that Ree is town this game Thor. His reasons for doing what he's doing coincide with mine much to closely for it to be coming from an opposite alignment and I know that this isn't a play-style bias because our play-styles are completely different from each other, so Vote cooldog?
1) why ask Thor about his pro-town comment wrt me and then leave it at that? Not providing your current view on me. Instead...you just move on to defend Ree.
2) what reasons for Ree doing things do you "coincide with?"

Jebus
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Jebus
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 3:19 am

Post by Jebus »

Reading up. Still here. Agree with havingfitz, I think.
Bastard ModGod. Mislynch fodder. Suave savior.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 3:32 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 231, Jebus wrote:Reading up. Still here. Agree with havingfitz, I think.
About it what?

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:08 am

Post by CooLDoG »

here, but:
mod: I'm going to be v/la from Thursday to monday
after a wank.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:26 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote Count 1-7

(as of Post 233)

CooLDoG (3)
- ThAdmiral, Mr_Ree, MaraPim
MaraPim (3)
- Dry-fit, nopointinactingup, CooLDoG
Mr_Ree (2)
- Thor665, MrObvious,
nopointinactingup (1)
- Jebus
Thor665 (1)
- Bacde

Not Voting (3)
- timewarp, T S O, havingfitz

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline:
Thursday, May 29, 2013 at 10am Central Time

Replacing:

No one

Prods:

Bacde
T S O

V/LAs:

CooLDoGMay 23-May 27

I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:41 am

Post by T S O »

In post 180, Mr_Ree wrote:
Regarding Ms M.'s post: I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds about right to me.
Is it scummy to defend someone you have a town read on?
Please tell me what specifically you find wrong about it.
It just seems odd that Mara found the need to actually chainsaw you. If I thought someone was strong Town, then I'd presume with such a strong read so early, said person could handle themselves without me chainsawing them.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:48 am

Post by Bacde »

UNVOTE:

i forgot I was in this game

someone give me a run-down GO
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:51 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 202, havingfitz wrote:
In post 199, CooLDoG wrote:you wanted the game to be harder for you and thus harder for the town to find scum.
So is MaraPim town?
no, he/she/it is scum for obstructing the towns scumhunting. Wanting the game to be harder IS NOT pro-town.
In post 224, Mr_Ree wrote:To me it sounded like she already was pretty sure about him and his responses were just reinforcing the read. She/it had the vote down already and seemed fairly confident of his alignment when Mara said that.
except that is not what she said. IF she had said, "CooLDoG can now stop posting becuase I know he is scum" then it would have been an entirly different story.
In post 227, MaraPim wrote:
In post 223, Dry-fit wrote:No. It's that Mara's suggestion doesn't make any sense from the perspective of someone trying to determine CooLDoG's alignment.
Because I wasn't at that point? I already felt like I could effectively pin Cooldog as scum to the point where, it would be safe for me to also look for partners. His response that I quoted where I told him to be quiet made my scum-read on him that much more realistic
And you say exactly what ree just said. Except for one small fact. YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT THE FIRST TIME.

Also, does anyone else find the relationship between mara and ree odd?

In post 235, T S O wrote:
In post 180, Mr_Ree wrote:
Regarding Ms M.'s post: I don't see anything wrong with it. Sounds about right to me.
Is it scummy to defend someone you have a town read on?
Please tell me what specifically you find wrong about it.
It just seems odd that Mara found the need to actually chainsaw you. If I thought someone was strong Town, then I'd presume with such a strong read so early, said person could handle themselves without me chainsawing them.
also this.
after a wank.
CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 5:52 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 236, Bacde wrote:UNVOTE:

we lynch mara or ree today and when one of them flips scum we lynch the other.
after a wank.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 6:27 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 237, CooLDoG wrote:Also, does anyone else find the relationship between mara and ree odd?
I do.

Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 11:56 am

Post by Mr_Ree »

I haven't been in the discussion threads in a while.

@Mara: could you link us to that tell you were working on. What was the popular consensus?

I stumbled on this little gem when I was checking her out towards the end of our last game. Wait for it... I like this one...

@TSO I don't think I NEEDED any help. I certainly didn't ask for it. I do appreciate it though and quite frankly, I don't see anything wrong with it. I often will defend a town read when I don't agree with the accusations that are driving the wagon. It's nice to see that sentiment spread to those I've played with. I feel it works in town's favor since scum has to try that much harder to get a mislynch.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 223, Dry-fit wrote:Why is that bad?
When havingfitz ranks near the top of the game for posting consistency, reasoning provided, and overall quality of play - I don't feel i should need to justify why that is a bad thing for town.

@Fitz - yeah, I know, whatever alignment I call you is what you call me. What of it?
In post 227, MaraPim wrote:Thor, you think Fitz is one of the more Pro-town looking players?
No, I just said that for lulz and consider him obv. scum.
This isn't even a real question - it's white noise.
In post 227, MaraPim wrote:I am 95% positive that Ree is town this game Thor. His reasons for doing what he's doing coincide with mine much to closely for it to be coming from an opposite alignment and I know that this isn't a play-style bias because our play-styles are completely different from each other, so Vote cooldog?
She says of the guy who couldn't figure out why Fitz had struck through his question to me, when the reason was I had answered it, which suggests lack of care in reading and paying attention to the game from the guy flinging sweat from his brow trying to convince me how involved and focused on this game he is.

Meh.
In post 227, MaraPim wrote:Pim likes NPIAU and I can agree with that case so I would be ok with voting him, but I want Cooldog to go first.
Why? Is Nopoint only scummy if CoolDog is?
In post 228, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 216, Thor665 wrote:I think he's attempting on a major level to overstate the work he's doing in thread.
Maybe I should.
What's your current scum case of choice?
In post 236, Bacde wrote:someone give me a run-down GO
Vote Ree or Nopoint.
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Bacde »

VOTE: Ree
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 3:05 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Good fruit.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 6:07 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

I knew it was answered by your timewarp mini-me love answer. I was curious why he included it instead of just leaving it out. He answered that.

@All the people prod dodging: Please post or replace out.
Mr_Ree
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mr_Ree
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 8:45 pm

Post by Mr_Ree »

You said good fruit. Fruit is a derogatory term for homosexual. That's an insult. Insults are scummy. Fake vote: Thor

Twisting words is fun. Can you not see how bad crap like this is?

Yeah, that's exaggerated but no different from what Cooldog has tried on Mara and I. No different from what you seem to be trying now. At least my case, which you still haven't acknowledged, is built on concrete evidence instead of pure speculation and twisted words. I can prove these are tells I believe in and show you where I used it to net scum.

When does twisting people's words help town find scum? No seriously, when? The only motivation behind it is to create a mislynch.

The ONLY motivation behind it is to create a mislynch.

Mind my NLP, but I feel like I have to bang that into some people's heads that THAT is the type of thing to watch for.
MaraPim
MaraPim
Townie
MaraPim
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 9:47 pm

Post by MaraPim »

In post 238, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 236, Bacde wrote:UNVOTE:

we lynch mara or ree today and when one of them flips scum we lynch the other.
OMG, OMG, OMG

In post 240, Mr_Ree wrote:I haven't been in the discussion threads in a while.

@Mara: could you link us to that tell you were working on. What was the popular consensus?

I stumbled on this little gem when I was checking her out towards the end of our last game. Wait for it... I like this one...
Yes.

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=28238

admittedly, I havn't done any stat work on it yet, though people do agree that it theory, it should work. Those that said that it's inconsequential because they do it as either alignment (GreyIce and Faraday) are generally known as town leaders and actively work to be an influential force in game. This might be a great test run for the tell though, especially since Cooldogs response is so incredibly similar to both Yates and Peregrine.

BEST PART IS he stated it almost immediately.

Thor: Great, now why? and no, nopoint and dog are scummy independently

Fitz, I'm fairly sure I stated my gut read on you... and that hasn't changed. It should stand to reason that me asking someone that they think your pro-town would mean that I disagree.

I'll make a full-case on CD later

~Mara
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Mon May 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 241, Thor665 wrote:
In post 228, ThAdmiral wrote:
Maybe I should.
What's your current scum case of choice?
Cooldog.
I get the feeling from him that he is not attempting to "analyze" the game, per se, but just look for things he can call scummy/further justify his current vote. That might sound similar to scumhunting but it is really just what scum tend to do to try to look like they are scumhunting.

For example:
Cooldog votes ree early in rvs.
A few posts later he posts this:
In post 57, CooLDoG wrote:ree's last post is really awkward. He seems like he is trying to gain town points by saying that he hasn't checked his role pm and thus can't be operating off of scum motivation. Hmmm... I like my vote now.
And then:
In post 76, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 62, Mr_Ree wrote:
@cooldog: that's my typical response to Ms. M's question.
You can reference our last game together,
Slenderman, for proof that it doesn't indicate alignment. I assure you I have read my role PM. I'm just not going to claim my role at this time.

Appreciate the misrep though.
yeah, your meta argument is stupid. The reason it is stupid is because you basically admit here that you are playing specifically towards your meta. This is why self-meta is fucking pointless and I'm happy with my vote.
And then:
In post 81, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 77, nopointinactingup wrote: Seems like he's spending more time trying to make himself look town rather than scum-hunt.
I agree with this. ree has so far only been on the defensive. He has yet to go on the attack, which is the main goal of the town.
It's like it didn't matter what ree said cooldog had already decided he was scum, and everything he did just made him look more scummy. All these points he brings up aren't really related, he's just plucking them out and using them as more ammunition.

This is where he votes mara:
In post 184, CooLDoG wrote:
In post 174, Ms Marangal wrote: have a chance at loosing a strong town player with Ree gone so...

~Mara
bullshit. You are defended ree for no reason. It is 8 pages into the game and you already have an obv town read who also happens to be a
very
strong player. Something is wrong.

I really dislike how ree and mara are answering and defending each other as of late. It is a bit disconcerting. Seems like two mouths on the same person.
In post 181, MaraPim wrote:D
Anyway, I told him to stop talking because it's making the victory that much more easier for us. I dunno about you, but I like challenges. it's no fun when something is an easy gain, especially when it comes to mafia.
Wow, this is so bad. This is really bad. You want the town to have a hard time finding scum. Wow.

vote: mara
Essentially his reasons are:
1) because she defended someone she thought was town
2) because she used rhetoric

And then this:
In post 192, CooLDoG wrote:yeah, I don't like how mara and ree are buddy buddy so early in the game. It doesn't seem right. I have never in my four years on this site seen such hard buddying
this early.
I have seen pretty hard buddying, but not right out of the gate.
Which, other than being pretty ludicrous exaggeration, is yet more ammunition he seems to be thinking up on the spot and throwing out against the people he is arguing against.

You know what the most interesting thing is, though?
I've been defending mara and ree just as much, and similarly condemning cooldog - and he hasn't mentioned me once.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 12:21 am

Post by havingfitz »

In post 246, MaraPim wrote:Fitz, I'm fairly sure I stated my gut read on you... and that hasn't changed. It should stand to reason that me asking someone that they think your pro-town would mean that I disagree.
I assumed you said that to Thor because you disagreed. It just seemed odd that you would leave it at that and just go on to defend Ree. And you haven't done anything other than to say you don't think CD and I are the same alignment and that one of us is scum. Which as you are voting CD...would indicate you're leaning not scum wrt me? Can you respond to this:
In post 202, havingfitz wrote:
In post 137, MaraPim wrote:I'm willing to bet that either one of Cooldog or Fitz is scum but they aren't scum together.
Please elaborate. Specifically...how am I potentially scum and how am I not the same alignment as CD. I have no idea who the scum are...CD may or may not be the same alignment as me...but your logic behind this comment would be appreciated. .

CooLDoG
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
CooLDoG
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue May 21, 2013 2:16 am

Post by CooLDoG »

In post 242, Bacde wrote:VOTE: Ree
cool, back to ree.

vote: ree

As stated before I'm fine with either of the two lynches.
In post 245, Mr_Ree wrote:You said good fruit. Fruit is a derogatory term for homosexual. That's an insult. Insults are scummy. Fake vote: Thor
Fruit can also symbolize sexuality in art. [/only thing I learned from that art class]

@ta, that is because you don't answer on behalf of ree or mara. Your defenses stand on their own and are original. Also different is the fact that you are actually contributing towards the game with pro-active scum hunting, mara and ree are simply reactionary. As for the way I find my reads, that is a matter of opinion... This is how I play the game, if you find it scummy, then what can I say?
after a wank.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”