Mini 1515: Touhou Imperishable Night (Game Over)

zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

mastin wrote:I'm scumreading [PA] and townreading Ghostlin
where does the scum read on PA come from?
mastin wrote:And on SSK, there's nothing TO be pinged. :P But I fail to see how the lack of content is alignment-indicative from him.
what do you think about my point on his second post feeling out of place? even apart from that, he'd probably be in my scum list just by pure poe at this point. i have too many town reads.
mastin wrote:13. zMuffinMan
we're 30 pages in and you're still not town-reading me. you even left me out of your big waffle-wall completely.

do you really find it this difficult to read me?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

Spoiler: from my two most recent games with Mastin
In post 2804, mastin2 wrote:
In post 2464, borkjerfkin wrote:[11] RachMarie (zMuffinMan, Desperado, Nachomamma8, Ghostlin, BeautyAndTheBeast, Aj The Epic, Sound of Silence, Andrius, Trust Fund, Saki, BROseidon)
[4] Andrius (Malakittens, RachMarie, Faster Than Light, TiphaineDeath)
[3] nickthename (mastin2, Mutleyddmc, notscience)
[1] BROseidon (Mac)
[1] mastin2 (nickthename)
[1] TiphaineDeath (Venmar)
Would just like to point out: with the exception of Nacho (who, yes, I do fully believe was bussing) and Andrius (who is in ideal bussing position) and BRoseidon (whose hammer was incredibly-suspicious), that the Rach wagon is pretty dang solid.

The Andrius wagon, in contrast, has Malakittens and RachMarie on it. Then there's nick, who vote-parked on me literally for the entirety of the day, with pretty much no reasoning behind it at all.

By the way--I find it no coincidence that the hydra with ffery in it died. Of all the players in this game, I think Nacho fears her the most as scum. Yes, you can write this off as coincidence. But I don't think so. Since I brought up his similarities in this game to his play in Buzzword Bingo mafia, let's actually quote FROM that game.
Ffery/buldey play with me offsite a lot, where they got a glimpse of the weakest part of my scumgame. I am a little better at hiding here, but they're attacking me for getting an early townread on them and attacking Jake.
ffery, that was an amazing scumtell you have on me that I picked up on recently
I usually focus on defense a little when I come under fire; i don't know if ffery knows that yet
They know me. I can throw false positives all over the fucking place as town and I can throw false negatives all the time as scum but fferyllt will find me eventually.
I'm in the weakest point of my scumgame with them. I'm going to give this my best fucking shot but god fucking damnit i hate switching gears.
ffery used to be able to read me really, really well. some of this old power retains, but not all of it.
She's caught me out when I've been in a foreign site and she's caught me out after I killed her. But she can read me now; I have to make her forget that she can read me and give her that feelgood feeling she needs to move on. I'm going to show her my personal lie castle as scum, and either that will work and solidify the read or it will cast doubt.
Unfortunately, I need aspects of my scum meta in my play. So I won't avoid them all, but if she picks up on them, I'll know I have to do a hard reset of my scumgame for her specifically. She's picking out weak trajectory reasons for now, but if she's getting me lynched she's doing a hell of a lot more than that.
(Just read the scum QT in its entirety. It's basically "Why I need to always get rid of fferry", the essay. :P) For further parallels, he ended up bussing Rach in a manner not too dissimilar to how he ultimately bussed me in that game. Butyeah. Nobody in this game needed fferyllt dead more than Nacho did. Yes, her ability to read Nacho isn't perfect, and yes, it has decreased. But Nacho probably still holds that fear for her, that even if she townreads him NOW, it'll only be a matter of time before it's reversed into a scumread, and with a hydra buddy backing her up, she would be unstoppable, and unrelenting in her scumread of him.

In post 12, mastin2 wrote:
Oi!

That's
my
line!

:P

But anyway,
Nacho, SoS, magenta
, and to some extent, Tammy:

I realize that, statistically, it's a probability for one of you (or, heck, even two) to be scum, buuuuuut...I'm going to try something this game. I'm going to, for the time being, assume all of you are town, and ask that you do the same. Basically, at least for the first half of D1, I'm asking that we treat each other as more town than we actually are, and work with one another in figuring out the alignments of the remaining four. (Darger, phok, projectmatt, and TIP.) In other words, working with another (temporarily!) as if we had already formed a townbloc.

Now, after half a day has passed, sure, yeah. We can reassess each others' alignments to see who (if any) of those big name five are scum. (If you four were all actually town, then this game would be a dream-team of town players. :P) I think that it'll be an interesting experiment, and not to mention, I
do
have an idea for why this might be a good idea this game, though that's something I'd prefer not to reveal until D2 (assuming I live that long, since proposing this plan paints a big, HUUUUUUUUGE X over me
screaming
"Dammit, we need to kill Mastin before he screws us over"*. :P).

*I can see pretty much any player on this list giving me the veto. Which'd leave me as definitely nightkillable.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:22 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 725, zMuffinMan wrote:
what do you think about my point on his second post feeling out of place?
even apart from that, he'd probably be in my scum list just by pure poe at this point. i have too many town reads.
what the crap? that's exactly what I was thinking about him. like you literally took that right of my head.

can you elaborate plz? I wanna see if we're seeing the same thing in that post.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:25 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 717, thezmon221 wrote:Yeah, I'm not responding to wayne anymore with the way he keeps referring to me.
Pretty double standardish owing this came from you:
In post 717, thezmon221 wrote: You gotta try better than that if you want to go balls deep in shit on your scum read on me.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:28 pm

Post by waynegg »

@thezmon ~ having three big discrepancies in the first 700ish posts is huge. I'm not going to insult your scum game and say everything you say is scummy. That's not how it works. That's an orgy of evidence and generally would make you town. Scum has to look like they're town, and they ain't doing that if all their posts are scummy. Except for Andy. You're not Andy. Whom I have much <3 for his game, so that's not a slight. In case you're reading along. And I'm sure you are.
Wayne's reading...odd, but I think he's trying, he's just decided the quickest way to the market down the street was to create a causality portal and tesseract between the two spaces rather than walking. down. the street. ~ Ghostlin
Like LEGO minifigs?
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 728, waynegg wrote:
In post 717, thezmon221 wrote:Yeah, I'm not responding to wayne anymore with the way he keeps referring to me.
In post 717, thezmon221 wrote: You gotta try better than that if you want to go balls deep in shit on your scum read on me.
You took that the wrong way, then. I was simply saying you basically damned me to your scum list for all of eternity. I see no indication of a change in that.
thezmon221
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
thezmon221
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:32 pm

Post by thezmon221 »

In post 719, BROseidon wrote:
In post 708, pieguyn wrote:TNE do you have any reads that don't just match what everyone else is saying?

every one of those reads seems like it just matches the popular opinion of those players.

also, what's your opinion on morph's "scumslip"?
Why do people keep saying this when I'm not under any real pressure and nobody other than TNE has me as their first choice for scum?
That's really the only outlier.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 730, thezmon221 wrote:
In post 728, waynegg wrote:
You took that the wrong way, then. I was simply saying you basically damned me to your scum list for all of eternity. I see no indication of a change in that.
Well, watch your words if you're gonna get bent when someone replays in kind.
Like LEGO minifigs?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:37 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

@pieguy,

i've already gone over it a couple times (you can just ctrl+f my ISO for "ssk") but 8 pages into the game, no comments on the game, no sign he's read the game, and the only question he asks is why varsoon's vote is on pieguy. if he'd been reading the game, he'd already know the answer, and if he hadn't been reading the game, then this is a really, really out of place question to ask.
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

yeah that's pretty much what I was thinking too. it's pretty obvious why varsoon's vote is on me cause srsly just look at it. this makes me think that he wasn't genuinely trying to figure anything out with that question, and instead just wanted to appear like he was doing something.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

exactly
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:29 pm

Post by waynegg »

Hate to point out the obvious...

IT WAS RVS AND YOURE TRIPPING ABOUT IT
Like LEGO minifigs?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:41 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

... no it wasn't
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:53 pm

Post by waynegg »

In post 134, Varsoon wrote:Actually, yeah, fuck it, I've just amassed a WAY better case against you, pieguy. zmon very well might be scum, but I think you're scared of the idea of Town-varsoon crushing you. I know that I'm an easy mislynch early, and you could probably pull it off, but you've tripped over yourself trying to do so, and I've exposed you.

VOTE: Pieguyn

Good luck trying to get me to budge. I've got my hooks in you, and you've already dodged my questions once. Answer them now, or just give up, scum.
That's Varsoon RVS reaction test.
Like LEGO minifigs?
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:55 pm

Post by waynegg »

It isn't uncommon for him to drag that out for up to ten pages. You guys are arguing a null point. It doesn't mean he can't be scum, because he can. But this isn't going to lynch him. There are too many people who've played with him too much in this game.
Like LEGO minifigs?
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

i'm talking about mafiaSSK being scum, not varsoon, just so we're on the same page here.
waynegg
waynegg
Mafia Scum
waynegg
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Post by waynegg »

Heh. I thought you two were on about Varsoon, as y'all had been.
Like LEGO minifigs?
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:02 pm

Post by Psychlone »

SCREW CATCHING UP
I CAN ALWAYS DO THOSE LATER
In post 736, waynegg wrote:Hate to point out the obvious...

IT WAS RVS AND YOURE TRIPPING ABOUT IT
Wat RVS vote?
Psychlone
Psychlone
Goon
Psychlone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 7:04 pm

Post by Psychlone »

Also
UNVOTE: for now.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

wanted to look into morph a bit more, and I found something

@morph:
In post 124, morph the cat wrote:Cabd thinks he seems more pleasant (not quite how he described it) in this game than in xenogears. He was scum in xenogears. I'm comparing him to his play in Death's Diner, as well, and would also characterize his play as more pleasant and less abrasive. He was town in that game. I'll want more data.
Bro's observation about his vote position is pretty interesting, though.
In post 185, morph the cat wrote:
Scum

1. BROseidon - Varsoon vote reasons were bad and he should feel bad.

10. thezmon221 - Mastin vote and "mislynch on pro-town player" both pinged.
so you think BROs' observation is interesting, which would imply that it has some merit. but now his vote reasons were bad? why the flip flop plz?

I also noticed that 124 was immediately when I moved onto Varsoon, while 185 was after zmuffin had said my case was bad and Psychlone made a similar statement. flow-going much?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

@Varsoon:
what are your thoughts on the interactions between wayne and thezmon?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 744, pieguyn wrote:wanted to look into morph a bit more, and I found something

@morph:
In post 124, morph the cat wrote:Cabd thinks he seems more pleasant (not quite how he described it) in this game than in xenogears. He was scum in xenogears. I'm comparing him to his play in Death's Diner, as well, and would also characterize his play as more pleasant and less abrasive. He was town in that game. I'll want more data.
Bro's observation about his vote position is pretty interesting, though.
In post 185, morph the cat wrote:
Scum

1. BROseidon - Varsoon vote reasons were bad and he should feel bad.

10. thezmon221 - Mastin vote and "mislynch on pro-town player" both pinged.
so you think BROs' observation is interesting, which would imply that it has some merit. but now his vote reasons were bad? why the flip flop plz?

I also noticed that 124 was immediately when I moved onto Varsoon, while 185 was after zmuffin had said my case was bad and Psychlone made a similar statement. flow-going much?
The word "interesting" in my mafia lexicon is not a positive one. It's usually accompanied with squinty eyes.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:25 pm

Post by pieguyn »

what do you think of BRO's jump on wayne?
Mac
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 am

Post by Mac »

In post 681, morph the cat wrote:
In post 671, zMuffinMan wrote:
morph wrote:pie displayed some fairly detailed knowledge of the LoTR game mechanics.
er btw this is wrong. he didn't display anything outside of what was probably a guess from reading the rules of the setup, and he was wrong about the mechanic for the most part.

i skimmed over the conversation earlier so i didn't notice it before, but yeah, this is plain wrong.
Then part of the basis for our read was wrong. I've been trying to make sense of his reaction to our vote ever since, so that actually kinda helps.
so do you have a conclusion to the gambit you pulled knowing that you were actually wrong in your assumptions about the mechanic?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Tue Nov 05, 2013 2:10 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

F