Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2350 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:13 am

Post by Maenara »

Okay, frig this with a vegetable brush.

Just bloody vote JMO already. It's not like any other freaking lynch is gonna happen.

@Penguin, if you're not gonna get around to finishing the commentary up, like, today, could you at least throw a vote at someone?
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2351 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:19 am

Post by jmo16mla »

Stop trying to push a shit lynch through. That's a you've been yelling today.

Titus, didn't mean to hilight your name as town. The point was, because you people can't read, was pretty correct.
town: 15:13 Scum 4:4
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2352 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:29 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 5.07
(unchanged)

jmo16mla - 3 - Titus, Antihero, Maenara
Titus - 2 - jmo16mla, don_johnson
Antihero - 1 - aptil
aptil - 1 - ArcAngel9
don_johnson - 1 - JacobSavage

Not Voting: penguin_alien

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA: aptil through Saturday November 30

Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-03 14:32:54)
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2353 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:36 am

Post by Nobody Special »

It has come to my attention that there was a typo in the title of the thread. The actual deadline is Dec 3, not Dec 13. The deadline countdown in the votecounts is correct.
....what?

penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2354 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:02 am

Post by penguin_alien »

I'll have my read-through with quote-pulling done tonight (we finish Thanksgiving early around these parts) and will be decisive about things for a change.
Maenara
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Maenara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2355 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:05 am

Post by Maenara »

Whoop whoop. There you go, Pengu.
Now she's in purple, now she's the turtle~

"I'll be more enthusiastic about encouraging thinking outside the box when there's evidence of any thinking going on inside it."
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2356 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 6:39 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Yeah, there is absolutely no way I'm lynching DJ. He could parade through the thread wearing a sandwich board claiming scum and I still wouldn't touch him. No scum catches a doc crumb, has it acknowledged by the doc, and then doesn't kill the doc for two full nights. I could see waiting a night to see if other scum took care of it for you, maybe, but no way mafia-scum wants a doc around who could give a claimed cop an extra night's worth of results, and a solo-SK shouldn't want any factors that delay their win kicking around, especially when they know that the protection won't be on them as soon as a cop claims. If DJ showed that much restraint, he deserves the win.
In post 632, Titus wrote:1) The lack of talking with the SK. That plus everything you do is possible strategic positiing for an SK. Yeah, looks like a slip.

2) You've bullied/threatened every role (Cop do that, Doctor do this, Mafia do that) yet you are missing the SK.

3) No. There's no lie. It's objectively verifiable you didn't talk to the SK in your last post.

4) Not sure what doesn't make sense.

5) I can be an arrogant prick. That's a call for evidence to see if I am wrong before I tunnel you to god damn death.

6) It doesn't at all. I accused someone in Open 512 of slipping and they weren't scum after the game. Shit happens. I realize that and I want to be down sure.

7) Yeah, find me one question that is actual scumhunting you're doing lately. Your "scumhunting" is OMGUS.
This reads as logical Titus, which was missing from the most recent game I played with anti-town Titus.

I'd actually like Antihero's impression, seeing as he just finished playing anti-town with Titus. My impressions were probably colored, but in the Greater Idea, Titus' arguments were really weak. Here they're specific, sure, but they're backed up.
In post 656, Maenara wrote:Right, so, first up, we need to focus. Like, srsl. About two thirds of the time has been wasted already, and people can't even agree on three leading wagons. We don't have a single bloody wagon with more than three people on it, but we do have a total of 11 wagons.

In a 20 player game.

Hopefully, I shouldn't need to point out why this is dumb. Hence, I suggest everyone currently voting make a case on their votee, and everyone who can't (or won't) unvotes. Immediately. And then votes for someone on whom there's actually a case with which they somewhat agree.
Why I think we have town-Maenara here as an example. Trying to get town to work together, asking people to present cases. Sure, she goes on to go after the town cop, but she's not bossy about it.
In post 665, BoroPhil wrote:as for my vote it's still on Jacob. he hasn't even challenged my vote on him which is always the sign of scum. avoid confrontation and hope it passes.
In post 666, JacobSavage wrote:Really?

Like seriously?
In post 667, BoroPhil wrote:yeahhhh man, seriously
First impression is that this isn't scum-scum. Second impression is scum feeling betrayed by scum. Third impression is that BoroPhil didn't seem inclined to bus RachMarie, so I'm not thinking he'd randomly bus another teammate.
In post 700, RachMarie wrote:On the other hand, I am not as sold on Titus' SK slip theory.

I think Wake is probably town but not as familiar with how we operate around here. So he comes off somewhat trollish. But that does not make him scum of either the mafia or Sk type.

But I want to see the SK dead as well as the mafia, it is not in the interest of town to leave the Sk free and happy. So that is why I asked you why Sven?
RachMarie sharing Titus' interest in the SK. Mafia fixation on third-parties early on is a pretty decent tell in my experience. Difference between RachMarie is Titus was engaging with Wake88 when the SK-addressing discrepancy arose, whereas RachMarie is encouraging this line of inquiry in lieu of scum-hunting.

I also don't think Titus would go on to scum-buddy with RachMarie on this line of reasoning immediately afterwards.
In post 743, Titus wrote:Ugh. Wake does have a point about this suspicious vote hopping. The problem is both Manera and Sthal do it. I don't like Stal's bargaining. Very scummy. Town should be focused on persuasion. Stal and Manera also seem too close for his point in the game.

Skelda, why BP?
...and then this. Hate this post with 20/20 hindsight.

That's through page 30. I'll make a fresh post every 10 pages to keep everyone's eyes from glazing over...
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2357 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 7:27 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 759, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 754, Loranthaceae wrote:Rach iand Maenara are town. The rest of the clowns on my wagon are scum, imo. Sven makes the most compelling case of the game on antihero and yet he votes for his scumbuddy only to jump off him at the fist occasion.

VOTE: jmo
let me see connections showing we are partners.

Also, i beleive he changed his vote after he voted me then again changed it. so, whats that say about the second person he voted? why am i scum with him and not the second person?
In post 760, jmo16mla wrote:VOTE: jacob
This looks like irritated scum in the first post and scum diverting in the second post. Again, since BoroPhil is off JS by now, I'm not sure if this is indicative of buddy-JS or mislynch bait-JS.

Yet BoroPhil keeps heavily pushing players who've now flipped town. It makes me think JS isn't his buddy.
In post 786, BoroPhil wrote:Loranthaceae - 3 - RachMarie, Maenara, Svenskt Stål

Loran - asked if scum had daytalk. interesting. something I'd ask if I was scum. thinks Titus and Sven are scum, I'd say they aren't. less sure on Rach. this is probably a decent wagon on reflection.

Rach - incredibly quiet. only vote is actually for HGH, Loran's predecessor.

Mae - just don't get good vibes. seems prickly, but we didn't get on in a previous game so maybe she just has an obnoxious style. quite defensive of Sven

Sven - has come across as pretty town, but when you ISO him it's pretty light. got involved with Wake quite a bit and I agreed with the majority. but then again Don and Titus irk him. leaning back to unsure here. so might lower the case on Loran
More support for the idea that BP has trouble commenting on his scum buddies. Looking harder at Brian Skies/AA9 from earlier.
In post 786, BoroPhil wrote:Scummiest atm:
Antihero
Skelda
jmo
Jacob
uct
Aero
His conclusion. He then votes jmo. At this point, the pressure on him is building, and I'm not sure that he wouldn't try to help a buddy by voting them at this juncture. I don't think both jmo and JS are scum though.
In post 814, Titus wrote:VOTE: BoroPhil

I really don't like your accusations of RBD here. Nothing of her play reeks of desperation at all.
This doesn't seem like a scum play--have them explain a scum read on a (later flipped) town player who you're reading as town, then vote them for the lousy read. It seems like the momentum is going toward a BP lynch; why clear a town player in the process?

After #928, Maenara can join the sandwich board group. Absolutely no reason to throw BoroPhil under the bus, too much content, just not scum.
In post 939, Titus wrote:VOTE: BoroPhil

Not my first choice but Loran looks full of scum, so will vote Boro. Manera deserves a better response than this but my phone is about to die.
Again, Titus feels town. Scum isn't going to distance from a scum lynch.
In post 997, Brian Skies wrote:BP is lynchbait and has more content than people think. I'd still rather lynch Loran or some other unfortunate soul in my four person scumpile.
Soft defense of BoroPhil--do not want.

That's through page 40...
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2358 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:06 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

In post 1015, Brian Skies wrote:Unghhhh! It pings too hard. I can't be on this wagon anymore. It just feels so wrong to me.

VOTE: Loran

Still liking this one more.
In post 1018, Loranthaceae wrote:
In post 1016, Svenskt Stål wrote:Brian, what in the world are you trying to accomplish?
He's been wide awake ever since I called Rach town. Maybe they're scumbuddies and he wanted to squeeze me into elaborating on that "townread".
Normally I'd give Brian Skies credit for jumping off a scum wagon, but the place he jumped and the link with RachMarie make me like it less.

The aptil derail attempt is awful, but town-driven aside from jmo. His self-characterization there of 'getting into the game and asking questions' isn't what I'm seeing.

Man, BoroPhil was hard to lynch.
In post 1075, Titus wrote:
In post 1071, jmo16mla wrote:
In post 1068, aptil wrote:I agree with Don that Wake has set himself perfectly for a SK as he will get an innocent either ways .

Ok as i have said already , i can anticipate what Wake is going to do now . He has done this before , he will start abusing and get himself replaced . Fucking town chances in all possibilities . Even Albert was in that game , he should back me up on this .

VOTE: Wake888 please do not take your frustrations on daily life here .
THIS IS SCUM. SCUM SCUM SCUM. YOU VOTE FOR ME FOR IDIOTIC REASONS, THEN YOU GET WAGONED. WAKE BEGINS TO GET WAGONED, AND YOU VOTE FOR HIM.

VOTE: aptil
If this is the case, why wouldn't Aptil vote BoroPhil?
I'm having a lot of trouble seeing Titus as scum.

I'm on page 47 and really looking forward to seeing why the lynch swung from Aptil to BoroPhil.
In post 1194, BoroPhil wrote:I'm VT. good luck. Follow Sven, Brian and possibly Titus. I think they are talking the most sense, particularly Sven.

Tomorrow, go for Skelda. and my remaning list of 6, though uct has probably fell off it now.
I tend to think every name mentioned here is town.
In post 1219, don_johnson wrote:titus: i'm not getting scumvibes from phil. I've mentioned that a few times now and the only issue I take from 786 is the skelda suspicion then jmo vote. can you explain the thing about sven?
DJ's waffling around BoroPhil while the wagon's at L-1 is also not scum. Then hammering and being antagonistic about it =/= scum.

And that basically ends D1 and coincides with around page 50...I'm running out of room for scum reads.
In post 2340, penguin_alien wrote:That leaves three anti-town in aptil, AA9, JS, jmo, Titus.
Fair warning, I'm probably voting jmo this phase. After reading all of D1, AA9's slot comes in second. aptil I guess is third, although there's a lot to mine from JS.

Rolling, rolling, rolling...
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2359 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:45 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

Day Two: can't complain about the ABR lynch so far. And Loranthaceae claiming cop D2 with Skull not being killed until N3 is clear-DJ-town.
In post 1453, jmo16mla wrote:So uh, lor, you the cop or not Hun?
Don't love this.
In post 1488, aptil wrote:this is a waste of time . I do not think anyone out there is counter-claiming . UNVOTE:
VOTE: Wake88
This feels forced.

God, these pages were mostly a waste. Some reactions to the good, but not doing much for town cohesiveness. 61-70, coming up.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2360 (ISO) » Thu Nov 28, 2013 11:46 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

#1544 reads scummy to me from Brian Skies.

Hm, with the Cop outing D2, not killing the doctor is more viable from an SK. You know where the doc protection is, you don't care about the cop-doc being alive until you get down near LyLo. But then why waste the kill on the Doc N3? Still doesn't track.
In post 1591, aptil wrote:I just pulled up ABR's iso , he just looks so scummy . Get him today people .
...and aptil avoids all relevant discussion.
In post 1778, aptil wrote:
In post 1770, Wake1 wrote:We've got ten days left and little credible reason to vote ABR.

Majority consensus isn't always wisdom.
In post 1772, Wake1 wrote:When we've used up most of the precious time given us, and have more gnerally-agreed-upon reasons for having the lynch... sure.

Your tight-lipped responses in this page don't settle my stomach much, either.
Here you are talking about using 10 days .
In post 1777, Wake1 wrote:Wrong answer.

VTs, like me, are expendable cannon fodder.fakeclaiming VT can be done by absolutely anyone, and no one is psychic.

VOTE: Albert B. Rampage

That's a lynch.

Please give me a pool of 3-5 players you think are Scum if you flip VT while there's time. I will go after them.
In a few hours you go ahead and lynch . What changed so drastically ?
is also bad.

Nothing else is changing D2.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2361 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 12:30 am

Post by penguin_alien »

What I got out of D3 was that RachMarie lurked the whole time, indicating that it's unlikely Titus or DJ is scum with her; otherwise she wouldn't know which of her and *partner* had netted the guilty and so would have kept posting for town cred in case it was the other scum in the group.

My Antihero read is slipping by PoE.
In post 2081, ArcAngel9 wrote:Alright, Here i am...
Firstly, as much as i want to read through all the pages right now but sadly i can't... so i ll do this differently.. and if anyone has anything add to up to this or if you wanted to show me something i missed, please feel free to direct me..
This passivity isn't town-AA9 as first impression.

Day Five then starts. I'm mostly caught up with that.

Conclusions:

Scum of all flavors is in {jmo, AA9, Antihero, aptil}

VOTE: jmo
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2362 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:22 am

Post by don_johnson »

thanks, pen. if jmo does flip scum it certainly means I could be wrong on titus.

unvote, vote: jmo

good luck tonight.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2363 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:31 am

Post by Titus »

That's a hammer. DJ, your total lack of confidence and just hammering now without a claim when you wanted one earlier is troubling.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2364 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:24 am

Post by penguin_alien »

Why would we want a claim here? Sorry to have forgotten the L-1 notice; it was super late when I finished my read-through and comments.

Titus is not my pick as scum, but since I anticipate turning up daisies tonight y'all will have to figure it out yourselves.
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2365 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:26 am

Post by penguin_alien »

AA9's ISO is pinging less in the light of day. I would expect scum coming in with access to four nights of scum QT discussion to be more on-point. I'd lynch aptil next myself.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #2366 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:46 am

Post by Titus »

That was exactly my thinking but DJ and Manera were talking about this leashing the serial killer and DJ said he really wanted one. I don't get the reasoning behind it but I expect a player to be consistent with their own reasoning.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2367 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 11:49 am

Post by penguin_alien »

If jmo didn't claim SK before, I don't think we would have gotten an SK claim out of him at L-1. And if he did, odds would favor him lying anyways. I tend to think he's Mafia from my reading.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2368 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:48 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

cool.
jmo16mla
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
jmo16mla
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2369 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:49 pm

Post by jmo16mla »

I'm town BTW. lynch mae tomorrow.
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2370 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:56 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Votecount 5.08

jmo16mla - 5 - Titus, Antihero, Maenara, penguin_alien, don_johnson

Antihero - 1 - aptil
aptil - 1 - ArcAngel9
don_johnson - 1 - JacobSavage
Titus - 1 - jmo16mla

Not Voting: ...

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

V/LA: aptil through Saturday November 30

Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-03 14:32:54)
....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2371 (ISO) » Fri Nov 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

jmo16mla, Vanilla Townie,
has been lynched.

Night Five begins now. All Night Actions are due in my inbox by the deadline.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-02 21:59:59)

....what?

Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2372 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

Insert flavor of choice here....

Titus, Vanilla Townie,
has been stabbed.

Titus, Vanilla Dead Townie,
has been shot. Dead. Double dead.

Day Six begins now.

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Deadline: (expired on 2013-12-23 21:51:44)
....what?

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2373 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:24 pm

Post by don_johnson »

I get the stabbing, but why scum would not target PA is a bit interesting. I am still pretty set on our town core of maenara/me/PA. PA simply can't be scum, and I highly doubt sk. and maenara hasn't read like sk, though I guess its a possibility, but certainly doesn't read like scum.

aptil, antihero, JS, AA9: could be either scum or sk? I think someone posted some good insight yesterday that may thin this group. i'll see if I can find it. standard wagon analysis POE from yesterday would put antihero as more likely mafia.

numbers wise we are at 3 anti-town to four town, correct? I think it is much more imperative to find mafia atm and with Titus cleared I think I'm going back to the drawing board. hm.

was anyone vehemently defending jmo yesterday?
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
penguin_alien
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
penguin_alien
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2374 (ISO) » Mon Dec 02, 2013 3:30 pm

Post by penguin_alien »

^ actually we need the SK lynched, otherwise we end up at 4p endgame tomorrow where it's out of town's hands if scum and SK don't overlap targets as they somehow did last night.

Return to “Completed Open Games”