Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:12 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

I had searched google before that and did see the name taco. Wow, editing it to make it a different name. Gracious.

I played one other game online on another forum and was pinged as mafia from the start. Ended up 2 town to 1 mafia and I was the poor newb town dragged along because people wouldn't believe I was just being a newb. I see why now.

His claim could still be true but he is looking more and more like a good vote. Geez. That was a perfect claim.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:23 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

At this point I'm TC and Taco for mafia. I think taco is playing newb and TC for some reason is pinging me. I know it's all Ne (intuition) but that's what I've got. I need to work on making the connections more words and less leaps.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:49 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

phokdapolees replaces Bitmap. Welcome him.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:11 pm

Post by RachMarie »

What part of HERE did you miss Teedy?

MS is a bit different from many sites that play Mafia. Which is why we have newbie games in the first place.

I noticed after I had just posted some reads and voted for my top scumspect you make a case that I am not here etc.

I twisted my knee on Thanksgiving and can only sit at the computer for so long.

IC note:
As for your assumption that because someone is not present or is lurking or replacing out means they must be the scum, that does not pan out. Most of the time, lurking and replacing out are null tells. Lurking is not helpful for town and pushing on someone to get in and contribute is a good thing to do, however do not fall the trap that active means town and not active means scum.
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:18 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 224, TeedyKay wrote:
In post 219, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 218, TeedyKay wrote:A simple google search of Acidic Taco and mafia scum shows his attempts at starting a game. We have a confirmed liar in our midst
Wanna prove that...this is literally my first game here so either you're pulling it out of your ass or I have a twin on this site using my username...
http://www.superiorrp.org/t11052-superi ... me-sign-up

Please also note folks that he has changed his username since I posted my findings, but the 'edited by' at the end of the OP is damning to his original name. I've screen capped it and will upload in case he edits after this post!
I said on this site, that was before I even knew this site existed, I just posted some crap from wikipedia. Also I changed my name there to annoy one of the owners who won't give me sparkles...I fucking love sparkles...
phokdapolees
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
phokdapolees
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Post by phokdapolees »

Hi people. Currently reading up.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Post by Dessew »

I've got very little time, and haven't read the new posts properly yet. I've read into TC's post, it's rather convincing.
UNVOTE: TC
TC, a detailed case on Bitmap/phok in the not too distant future if you haven't given yet, since he's one of your suspects, please?
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:17 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Hi plhokdapolees, I'm Taco. Hope you catch up soon.
T S O
T S O
Survivor
T S O
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:31 pm

Post by T S O »

In post 218, TeedyKay wrote:A simple google search of Acidic Taco and mafia scum shows his attempts at starting a game. We have a confirmed liar in our midst
Wanna prove that...this is literally my first game here so either you're pulling it out of your ass or I have a twin on this site using my username...

Please also note folks that he has changed his username since I posted my findings, but the 'edited by' at the end of the OP is damning to his original name. I've screen capped it and will upload in case he edits after this post!
So remind me what he lied about?

Maurice case IS coming, btw.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:41 am

Post by DoctorPepper »

V/LA until tomorrow because of my Econ exam. If there are any concerns, please contact Malakittens
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:00 am

Post by Malakittens »

Vote Count 1.05

Not voting(1)
- phokdapolees, Dessew
Bitmap(1)
- TwilightsCall
RachMarie(1)
- drmyshotgun
T S O(1)
- Acidic_TACO
TwilightsCall(3)
- TeedyKay, MauriceMoss, RachMarie [L-2]
MauriceMoss(1)
- T S O

Vote History:

MauriceMoss - ,
Acidic_TACO - , , , , ,
T S O - , ,
TeedyKay - , ,
TwilightsCall - , , , , ,
drmyshotgun - , ,
Dessew - , , ,
Bitmap - , ,
RachMarie -

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 10, which is in (expired on 2013-12-10 11:00:00)

Mod notes:

Thanks Mala, I'll take it from here
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:08 am

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 228, RachMarie wrote:What part of HERE did you miss Teedy?
None, what part of the find are you purposefully ignoring?

Here's the original question:
In post 208, TeedyKay wrote: Acidic Taco, be honest now, how many of these games gave you played before? How many have you modded? How many have you attempted to mod?
Here's the original answer:
In post 210, Acidic_TACO wrote:This is my first online game in years and the only online games I played before were much more causal then this :| Never started a game before or tried to due to my inexperience...this is a newbie game after all...
Only AFTER I call Acidic Taco a liar does he change his answers to 'here' and his username on that site changed (I know I can't prove that now), so throwing 'here' in after the event is a non starter for me.

I also have to say I am more than happy with how TC has handled that wagon, if anything he's come out of it looking exceptionally Town like, so ...

UNVOTE: TC

And now with that quick defense, as well as that quick 'get your votes off' after the roleclaim, I'm thinking RachMarie looks somewhat suspect.

Always had my suspicions about Acidic, now I know he's lied in this game, even more so, but with everyone avoiding the Town Role lynch it won't get anywhere. So I'm going back, strangely, to my RVS but with the suspicions noted above

VOTE: RachMarie
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:09 am

Post by TeedyKay »

EBWOP: On top of that putting the L-1 vote on after serious silence is somewhat telling of a scum play
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:18 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

I obviously misread the question then, my bad. I tried to host a game on another site but was flamed out of doing it because no one wanted to even try. Well three people did, so I pretty much forgot about it.
And I changed my name to remind the owner that he needs to give me sparkles...if you look in the suggestion's section of that site you'll see a post from ages ago requesting sparkles.
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:36 am

Post by RachMarie »

you can't compare that site with MS that was my point Teedy

As for my vote I think it was clear why the silence. I should have declared V/LA sigh.

TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:44 am

Post by TeedyKay »

In post 238, Acidic_TACO wrote:I obviously misread the question then, my bad.
But you didn't, as your very initial answer shows you understood about it being anywhere not just 'here'
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:55 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

In post 233, T S O wrote:

So remind me what he lied about?

Maurice case IS coming, btw.
If you keep talking about it maybe it will seem like you have a case!
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:00 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

I actually agree meta google searching really seems outside the realm of a game but changing the username seems really weird. (I saw the name before he changed it) Maybe he wants to look less like he knows what he's doing than he does. Doesn't make him scum but it's really weird.

going for him:
newbie game
seemed actually frustrated
no one has counter claimed

against him:
weird time to claim
meta google information
changed meta google information so it looked less bad
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:30 pm

Post by TwilightsCall »

First of all, welcome to the game phok!
In post 231, Dessew wrote: TC, a detailed case on Bitmap/phok in the not too distant future if you haven't given yet, since he's one of your suspects, please?
I'll be honest and say that my Bitmap vote was more of a 'best of a bad situation' vote, but I'll go dig up my points on him.

#34:
Jumps on the Taco wagon. Questionable because he's following a rather questionable case made by DMS, no reasons given. Could've been RVS still, but that idea didn't jump out to me until after a few rereads. (cf: Dessew @ #54

Lumps DMS and Pie into the town pile. Doesn't give a reason, and when asked about it (twice before he responded) he says it was because he liked the fact they were trying to start an RVS wagon? Pretty weak reasoning, and while I'm not 100% sure why scum!Bitmap would do that (he seemed experienced enough to not make such an obvious buddying tell), I can't think of a good reason for town!Bitmap to do it either. The reasoning just isn't there, and making read decisions without good reasoning raises red flags to me.

#24 and #53 come across as very condescending, almost as if he is trying to bully the newbies in the game into doing what he wants. The things he's mentioning aren't particularly bad things to be doing, but I feel like it sets a bad precedent ("I'm smarter then you, so do what I tell you, but I'm not actually telling you to do it so I'm not responsible for the consequences").

#52:
Someone mentioned earlier that this looked like a manufactured reaction, and the more times I come across it in his ISO the more I'm inclined to agree. (Ah, it was DMS @ #67)

I also posted this earlier:
Me wrote:Bitmap seems to be trying for a lot of info digging, but I don't see any attempts at an analysis from him other than to write off two people as town. It would be nice to hear his thoughts on anyone else.
But that never ended up happening. This was probably something I got convinced of from reading other people's posts, I would have probably written more if I had come up with it myself.

And Dessew posted this:
Dessew wrote: Bitmap: I cannot help it but this purpose thing sounds like a convinient excuse for being on a wagon whatever it is like. Imagine this: everybody gets on wagons only to get out of RVS (because it's page n etc.) Then we're still in RVS, aren't we?
Which Bitmap never gave a proper response to. While the issue being raised could be written off as conflicting playstyles/opinions, I would have expected him to try and defend himself, or at least concede the point, if he was at all invested in the discussion.

Granted, from that point onward, Bitmap was completely out of the game, so it's anyone's guess as to whether his lack of response was from inactivity or dodging the question.

In conclusion, I think Bitmap's play was leaning scum. However, I'm not so confident in the case that I'd push to lynch him first, and I'm especially interested to hear from phok.

My current ideal lynch priorites would probably look like...TeedyKay > MauriceMoss > Bitmap/phok

I'm having a hard time deciding whether Teedy or Maurice is more scumlike, but I feel a lot more malicious intent from Teedy than I do from Maurice. Multiple misreps plus his latest attack on Taco (which, admittedly, I can fully understand why town!Teedy would bring the point up), as well as the tone of his posts make me feel uncomfortable with him.

Maurice's play feels a
lot
like mine. Doing his best to post and be useful, and coming across as scummy as a result of not really having a firm grasp on mafia-posting dos and donts. The problem is that these could be honest mistakes,
or
they could be legitimate scumslips. His original jump on my wagon makes me lean toward the latter, but not enough that I would lynch him first choice. Definitely an option I could get behind, though. Interested to hear more from him and TSO, who apparently has a case to share, as well.

And so Bitmap/phok falls at the end of my list for the reasons mentioned above. Meaningful content relating to him really petered out by page 4, so my original vote really was aiming at 'kind of acting scummy' territory, more than being a confident vote. Taco would have fallen in this category too, but his claim going uncontested and his later-game posts are cleaning him up for me. (Why wouldn't scum!Taco push my hammer? There were plenty of people pushing me, and there was at least one case of believable proportions on me, so nobody would have thought twice about it if he had declared intent and hammered appropriately)

With the above in mind, I shall

UNVOTE: Bitmap/phok
VOTE: TeedyKay

I'll be keeping a careful eye out for other people's reads to see if I should switch my vote to my other suspects.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:24 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

With regards my tone, I honestly don't know how you are reading them, but it can't be how I'm writing them, always a major problem with a written word communication I suppose. Which is probably where I'd go with the misreps, I read parts of your posts with a lot more diligence than I did the rest, guess if I'm honest I was looking for the scum in you rather than the Town. Yet you have 100% allayed that suspicion it has to be said, I do wonder why more haven't unvoted after your retort, it has Town written all over it.

I do have a malicious intent it has to be said, there is something about that roleclaim which is gripping my shit, it just doesn't sit right with me. Maybe I'm over looking it.

It's funny you list Moss as scummy, because I personally think he along with Dessew, and now yourself are the most Town out of everyone, there's a scum hunt feel to them, there's digging and probing of people that scum wouldn't do to that level as it's too conspicuous.

And that's truly why RachMarie is having my vote right now
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:33 pm

Post by RachMarie »

Wrong answer you should be voting for you think is most scummy Teedy.

I am feeling a bit better about TC though not completely sold yet he is town, however this continual misrepping to try to make Taco appear to be lying, then voting for me because he thinks so and sos are town? Not because he thinks I am scum, He continually states that he thinks Taco is lying and is scum but does not VOTE FOR HIM.

hmmm

Congratulations you have just moved up my scumo meter something fierce there Teedy.

At this point you seem the most scummy player so

VOTE: Teedy

TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:47 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

Heh! Getting on the wagon a little earlier this time Rach? That's all good!

Do you read posts? Just wondering as my vote for you is so clearly laid down. I am a fervent believer Acidic is scum, and I DID vote for him, but no one will move on that lynch because of the roleclaim. It's a wasted vote.

I believe your quick 'votes off' and your quick defending of Acidic laced with misdirection with the 'here' being key to his defence, and the fact you were quick in with the TC Wagon to push to L-1 to save you being the hammer are all scummy.

As I have already said. Of course you'll choose to ignore that to push on a wagon a little earlier this time. I fully expect someone else to agree here only to have you disappear for a while.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 1:50 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

EBWOP: I will say this though, if this wagon picks up pace, please give me chance to respond before the hammer, I'm UK time and the majority of you seem to post whilst I'm sleeping.

If the hammer falls, look to Rach IMO in the next day phase
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:15 pm

Post by TeedyKay »

Just to break your post down further
In post 245, RachMarie wrote:Wrong answer you should be voting for you think is most scummy Teedy.
I am
this continual misrepping to try to make Taco appear to be lying
No misrep, he HAS lied, and no hiding behind the word 'here' or I misunderstood can change that fact
voting for me because he thinks so and sos are town? Not because he thinks I am scum
Really? Here's my vote on you to clarify its nowt to do with who I believe is town
And now with that quick defense, as well as that quick 'get your votes off' after the roleclaim, I'm thinking RachMarie looks somewhat suspect.

Always had my suspicions about Acidic, now I know he's lied in this game, even more so, but with everyone avoiding the Town Role lynch it won't get anywhere. So I'm going back, strangely, to my RVS but with the suspicions noted above

VOTE: RachMarie
He continually states that he thinks Taco is lying and is scum but does not VOTE FOR HIM.
Here's the vote history
In post 235, Malakittens wrote:
Vote Count 1.03

Not voting(1)
- phokdapolees, Dessew
Bitmap(1)
- TwilightsCall
RachMarie(1)
- drmyshotgun
T S O(1)
- Acidic_TACO
TwilightsCall(3)
- TeedyKay, MauriceMoss, RachMarie [L-2]
MauriceMoss(1)
- T S O

Vote History:

MauriceMoss - ,
Acidic_TACO - , , , , ,
T S O - ,
TeedyKay - , ,
TwilightsCall - , , , , ,
drmyshotgun - , , , ,
Bitmap - , ,
RachMarie

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 10, which is in (expired on 2013-12-10 11:00:00)

Mod notes:

I'll edit vote history later
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:52 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

If you want I'll change my username on that site back...its not like I'm denying it or anything but people on that site change their names all the time.
Also I think TSO abandoned this game.
UNVOTE: T S O
Personally to me it looks like teedy is squirming. Trying to paint me as a lier too in addition to lynch the tracker (Me).
VOTE: TeddyKay

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”