Newbie 1455: How We Met The Mafia (Game Over!)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:19 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Vote Count 1.08

RachMarie(3)
- TeedyKay, MauriceMoss, phokdapolees
MauriceMoss(2)
- T S O, Skelda
TeedyKay(4)
- TwilightsCall RachMarie, Acidic_TACO, Dessew

Vote History:

MauriceMoss - , ,
Acidic_TACO - , , , , , ,
T S O - , ,
TeedyKay - , , ,
TwilightsCall - , , , , , ,
Skelda - , , ,
Dessew - , , , ,
phokdapolees - , , ,
RachMarie - ,

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Saturday, December 14, which is in (expired on 2013-12-14 11:00:00)

Mod notes:

None for now.
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:27 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

I'm with teedy, I can't wait to get something going on in this game whoever we end up lynching. Does that sound evil or just like sluggish town.
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:05 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 315, MauriceMoss wrote:I think whoever didnt replace should win.
I haven't been replaced yet...
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:42 pm

Post by MauriceMoss »

So I guess I think you should win!
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:52 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Yay!
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:14 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

Ok reading time.
Returning win rate: 4/1, 80%
In the process of creating a game to mod, we will see what it holds.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:28 pm

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 46, Acidic_TACO wrote:
In post 45, Bitmap wrote:You can't post a picture of your role PM.
Wasn't planning on it...I read the rules...I was gonna post a picture of a kitten...and before you ask its because I have a strange sense of humor.
I'm town, if I live I'll prove it by using my tracking power on someone...then again now that I've said that the mob is gonna off me anyway.
So like I said, I'm boned, might as well have some fun before I get offed. :lol:
How can you think your dead when you had less votes then the other wagon that had already formed? >.>
In post 54, Dessew wrote: UNVOTE: shotty
VOTE: Bitmap
I see so much in the bits i cut out of this post (because it was massive) that indicate voting someone other then bitmap, yet you vote her for no reason, what the fuck?
In post 59, Acidic_TACO wrote:Now that it doesn't look like I'm getting lynched...I'm pretty sure the scum will just be on me like nothing else...
I'll keep my vote on shotty unless something comes up, what that something is I dunno.
YOU WEREN'T GETTING LYNCHED IN THE FIRST PLACE, VOTES DON'T MEAN SHIT UNTIL AT LEAST L-1 WITH INTENT TO HAMMER.

You had less votes then Drmyshotgun had, he didn't claim, why did you?
In post 61, Acidic_TACO wrote:Twilight, I did it cause he quoted all my posts as evidence I was scum and voted me to die...plus I said I would vote for him once he posted and cause his reasons are kinda pulled from nowhere with his logic I just think hes scum.
How does 1 vote make you die? you need 5 votes to be lynched, WHERE IS YOUR LOGIC?

First three pages reads:
Town:
Rach
Bitmap
Dessew
Drmyshotgun

Null:
TeedyKay
Pieisgoo
Twilightscall

Scum:
Acidic_Taco
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Most trains in other games I'd played go really...really...quick. People used to bandwagon like it was a religion.
Dessew
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Dessew
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Post by Dessew »

Everything went just fine, your luck-wishes worked, I guess.
Reading properly a little later today, only answering three issues:
Teddy: Your vote looked like this: between TC's posts and your unvote there was TSO announcing a MM case, me unvoting and some nonsense on how Taco lied and you were quite active regarding tje latter. So your unvote is hard to be derived directly from TC's post and not from the dead of his wagon.
Jason: the reason why I voted Bitmap is right there, actually the only other point I made there that could've been a valid reason was Teddy's post but idk, Bitmap's 'this bs really convinces me' vote was way scummier. (and the 'way' part could be written with capital letters and double size if.)
Jason, again: how come Rach is townread? I mean the reasoning here and there (almost everywhere but you have just replaced in and that's not the point anyway) but Rach really hasn't done anything indicating town. And you cannot be serious about Taco, he doesn't even post a proper defence (there would be at least one!), I just don't get it.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:22 am

Post by JasonWazza »

In post 333, Dessew wrote:Everything went just fine, your luck-wishes worked, I guess.
Reading properly a little later today, only answering three issues:
Teddy: Your vote looked like this: between TC's posts and your unvote there was TSO announcing a MM case, me unvoting and some nonsense on how Taco lied and you were quite active regarding tje latter. So your unvote is hard to be derived directly from TC's post and not from the dead of his wagon.
Jason: the reason why I voted Bitmap is right there, actually the only other point I made there that could've been a valid reason was Teddy's post but idk, Bitmap's 'this bs really convinces me' vote was way scummier. (and the 'way' part could be written with capital letters and double size if.)
Jason, again: how come Rach is townread? I mean the reasoning here and there (almost everywhere but you have just replaced in and that's not the point anyway) but Rach really hasn't done anything indicating town. And you cannot be serious about Taco, he doesn't even post a proper defence (there would be at least one!), I just don't get it.
Rach is town, i've gotten her lynched enough times as scum to know when she is going to be a mislynch.
JasonWazza
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
JasonWazza
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:24 am

Post by JasonWazza »

Also taco is scum because no logic at all.

Regarding this:
In post 332, Acidic_TACO wrote:Most trains in other games I'd played go really...really...quick. People used to bandwagon like it was a religion.
He'd already gone through a ton of things that were obviously different to his own site, why in fucks sake would he consider that his old site situation of wagons would be anything similar?
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:47 am

Post by TeedyKay »

Who did Wazza replace again?
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:41 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

In post 335, JasonWazza wrote:Also taco is scum because no logic at all.

Regarding this:
In post 332, Acidic_TACO wrote:Most trains in other games I'd played go really...really...quick. People used to bandwagon like it was a religion.
He'd already gone through a ton of things that were obviously different to his own site, why in fucks sake would he consider that his old site situation of wagons would be anything similar?
Meanwhile your grammar killed itself...

Listen, I'll only say this one more fucking time you thick headed sack of shit.
I expect and react differently because this is my first game here
. I'm relearning how to play mafia, now stop calling me scum because you can't understand I'm just a newbie.
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:43 am

Post by TeedyKay »

Biggest bite of the game right there ... wow!
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:49 am

Post by TeedyKay »

EBWOP: JasonWazza (if that is your real name) what are your reads after page 3?

Care to divulge anything?

All players, we are fast approaching deadline now, thoughts?
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:03 am

Post by TeedyKay »

BALLBAGS!

EBWOP AGAIN: I'm still sticking my vote on Rach, this tells from other games is infuriating me, I don't care about other games and my read on her is scummy to buggery and the defence from others is neither here nor there as far as this game is concerned.

People learn from games so telling me 'we've lynched her mafia before and she wasn't like this' doesn't mean she hasn't changed it up a little to be spared being found out again.

Absence IS a tell also, lurking is one thing, but BLATANT disappearing upon being questioned or upon points being made at you is scummy.

My vote will stay with Rach

I am willing to change to Taco, as I still believe that claim is dodgy.

I am also fine with my lynching if you want it folks, I'm adamant you'll get results from my wagon.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

Ok so when is the deadline on Saturday??

I thought it was today until I read through the thread.

Oh man it's the day that doesn't end. It just goes on and on my friends (and mafia.) Some people started playing it not knowing what it was and they'll continue playing it forever just because this is the day that doesn't end..

This attacking taco is ridiculous because there is no counter claim so although there could be a real tracker out there or one of the other options that would disprove no one has spoken up so it is ridiculous to talk about lynching Taco.

Of course if taco is the tracker he will probably be killed during the night so it really doesn't matter either way (unless they decide to take a chance of leaving him alive for us to mis-kill?) If he's still alive tomorrow we can attack like mad but today it's just ridiculous to try to get rid of taco. (unless taco and you are both mafia and you are trying to distance. If that is happening please let us know ;) )

I'm still ok with rach because she is so utr and hasn't posted much about the game. The Wazza "played with her before" argument might work if we all knew each other but at this point we don't have that going for us so it seems like a stand like that isn't arguable. Also of all the people who are put under the gun (even the tracker crazy claim) was better than rach's response.

So claims so far? Teedy claimed town and taco claimed tracker?

Still voting rach.
TwilightsCall
TwilightsCall
Goon
TwilightsCall
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:32 am

Post by TwilightsCall »

Glad to hear your stuff worked out, Dessew!

I haven't seen much that would cause me to change my mind. I'm pretty frustrated that TSO replaced out before he posted his case, but there isn't much that can be done about that now.

I don't like Jason's posts so far. He's either intentionally misrepping people or not thinking about the posts he's reading at all. Dessew's reason for voting bitmap was literally in the next paragraph after the vote line, and despite you calling out Dessew for voting for no reason, you tag him as town? Sounds backwards to me!

Your push on Taco also seems completely unfounded. It should be obvious from the first ten posts in the game that Taco is completely out of his element. For goodness sake, he placed a legitimate vote on me because I placed an RVS vote!

This is my favourite part though.
Jason wrote:Also taco is scum because no logic at all.
No logic at all, hmm?
Where's the logic in this? He claimed on page 2? (I can't actually check because the website went down in the middle of me writing this post) He was in the process of
learning
things worked differently. The only thing that was different before was that he was unfamiliar with the concept of RVS. Frankly, if I hadn't had some experience watching games before, I probably would have panicked in the same situation as well. The point though, is that you're saying he should have figured it out by then, but thats really the only point where anything major changed.

As for your general scumread on him, it is not physically possible for there to be no Town PRs in this game. In fact, if Taco lied about being Tracker, there is a 100% chance that someone out there knows it as a 100% guaranteed fact. Yet no one has counterclaimed Taco. Some people brought up whether it was smart to counterclaim or not (me included), but I think it was generally accepted that it was worth it to out the scum. Why havn't we seen a counterclaim then?

Saying "Rach is town cause I would know if she was scum" is ridiculous. I don't care how many games you've played, I don't care if you've read her damn role PM, your reasoning is pathetic and unbelievable. Try posting a why if you are going to say these kinds of things. Not to mention, I don't even think Rach was actually playing in the first three pages of the thread. Did you read her town just because you liked her IC notes? Pretty weak.

@Taco: I appreciate your frustration at the same exact thing being brought up repeatedly over the course of the entire game, but try and dial it back a bit. If you need to channel your frustration, try and do it by making a case on someone. Even if you're feeling provoked, reacting like that will not only look bad, it'll make the game less fun for all involved.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:47 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

In post 342, TwilightsCall wrote:@Taco: I appreciate your frustration at the same exact thing being brought up repeatedly over the course of the entire game, but try and dial it back a bit. If you need to channel your frustration, try and do it by making a case on someone. Even if you're feeling provoked, reacting like that will not only look bad, it'll make the game less fun for all involved.
Also, (if you aren't mafia) the mafia want you to look bad so getting overly frustrated helps their case.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:10 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

ANY OTHER CLAIMS?
TeedyKay
TeedyKay
Goon
TeedyKay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:59 am

Post by TeedyKay »

NOOOOOOO!

No one else claim!!!

And Maurice, if I were the tracker, or any other Town Role that could counter claim Taco, I would not be divulging it on day one, it'd play right into scum hands!
Acidic_TACO
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Acidic_TACO
Goon
Goon

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:06 am

Post by Acidic_TACO »

Sorry, bad day. Don't wanna go into it but I'm in pain.

From what I'm seeing, there are two people who constantly seem to both avoid being on the same wagon but both partake in wagons regularly and offer fluff in the way of proof. Internet is shaky at best but I'll bring up some points when I have a reliable connection.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:53 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

In post 345, TeedyKay wrote:NOOOOOOO!

No one else claim!!!

And Maurice, if I were the tracker, or any other Town Role that could counter claim Taco, I would not be divulging it on day one, it'd play right into scum hands!
I was trying to ask if anyone else had already claimed.
MauriceMoss
MauriceMoss
Goon
MauriceMoss
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:46 am

Post by MauriceMoss »

Mod: What time is lynch?

I can't find it, sorry.

Saturday, December 14, which is in (expired on 2013-12-14 11:00:00)
Last edited by DoctorPepper on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skelda
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Skelda
he/him
Zee Retiree
Zee Retiree
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:10 am

Post by Skelda »

If someone is a Tracker, they had better counterclaim. An exposed Tracker who could potentially be saved in exchange for half of the scum being lynched Day 1 seems like a fair trade to me.

Teedy, it looks like you are dead.

Intent to Hammer

Any last thoughts?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”