Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:27 am

Post by Gooner »

In post 195, Shadowcat wrote:
In post 194, Gooner wrote:
In post 193, Titus wrote:Gooner, why do you have sympathy? Mala said, I'm scumhunting but you can't see it. Something pinged, but don't mention it in thread (cannot be verified) or which alignment. Mala can then go back to a post whichever way see sees fit.
I see the hydra excuse as a possibility. Having never played as a hydra I imagine it's quite tricky getting your reads aligned so I do have a bit more sympathy. Of course I still want to actually see some evidence of scumhunting and I will be keeping an eye on him to make sure he doesn't slip back into active lurking at any point.
It's actually very annoying to read a game where hydra dissonance is rampant throughout a game thread. In fact it's scummy as hell and is one of the many reasons why so many players hate hydras so much and they have a bad reputation.

We aren't active lurking though because we are hunting in the thread. We have at least interacted with the majority of the playerlist.

~Mala
It would appear we have different interpretations of active lurking. Either way I feel you're playing in a way that doesn't really annoy people or make waves, a lot of questions and stuff but not really giving reads or opinions. Just kinda blending in a bit without being inactive. It's a playstyle scum often use, most of the time without even realising they're doing it. My vote is staying unless you post something that changes this view of your play so far.
Gooner
Gooner
Goon
Gooner
Goon
Goon

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:31 am

Post by Gooner »

That last post isn't making me move my vote. Why not? Put simply there are a lot of words for not a lot other than recapping what Titus has said. This looks like being more than it actually is if you get what I'm saying. It's dressing up a gut read to be more than it actually is.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:40 am

Post by Haylen »

Posting tonight.
Seriously. Read your role PM before playing.
I am sorry if you have to prod me, I have absolutely no concept of time.

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
mastin2
mastin2
The Second Coming
mastin2
The Second Coming
The Second Coming

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:29 am

Post by mastin2 »

In post 176, Dry-fit wrote:What attitude is that?
Kinda hard to describe. It's basically that, well. His posting doesn't seem like he wants to scumhunt equally. His posting might feel town, but it doesn't look town, if that makes sense--like, that his posting is meant to look good, yet not TOO good. Like he's trying to dodge getting killed and getting lynched and getting specific-scum dead.
In post 199, pisskop wrote:@titus, no townreads from you/shado clash... and certainly not mastin :/
Uh...I have plenty?

Too many, even. Other than Misaka (null for obvious reasons), ObsessedWithCats (ambivalent-null), and my scumreads on Suyre/Titus/Gooner (note that Gooner is more accurately defined as null/scum), I'm townreading everyone to various different extents. :P
My academy.
"...You have a blog?!?" (Yes, I do. Click.)
Agnigi
, 13p Mini Theme sequel to Gistou, is in design and could use reviewers!
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:56 am

Post by Rubicon »

Replacing Misaka Mikoto.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:56 am

Post by Zekrom25 »

lets wait for replacement of Misaka Mikoto
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Rubicon »

fontisian replaces Misaka Mikoto effective immediately.
Rubicon
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Rubicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:29 pm

Post by Rubicon »

Vote Count 1.7

[4]
Titus
- Dry-fit, Zekrom25, mastin2, Shadowcat
[3]
jklash12
- jmo16mla, pisskop, Surye
[2]
Zekrom25
- Titus, Haylen
[1]
jmo16mla
- jklash12
[1]
Shadowcat
- Gooner

[2]
Not voting
- fontisian, ObsessedWithCats

With 13 alive, it is 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in (expired on 2014-02-18 14:00:00).

Titus is V/LA Thursday through Saturday.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:42 pm

Post by fontisian »

Hi. I'm around post 65 and catching up. Initial thoughts are that I want Gooner and Zekrom dead.

Information about me: I have 25 completed games on various sites, along with one ongoing. This is my first game on the site and I think I've only played with Titus before. If you have any specific questions for me while I'm catching up, go ahead and ask.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:46 pm

Post by fontisian »

mastin2's post 70 is my new favorite thing.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

seeing the votes stayed on me i think both Titus & Haylen are null
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:54 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

I think I'll go out on a limb here and vote ObsessedWithCats. I don't usually care for information instead of analysis as a tell, but is going to extreme lengths to avoid taking a meaningful stance. I mean it seems to lack the intent to scumhunt you would expect. It's true that scum can put genuine effort into scumhunting in multiball, but in my experience they often don't.
Unvote. Vote: ObsessedWithCats.

I'm also having some niggling feelings about jmo.
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:56 pm

Post by Shadowcat »

In post 200, Gooner wrote:It would appear we have different interpretations of active lurking. Either way I feel you're playing in a way that doesn't really annoy people or make waves, a lot of questions and stuff but not really giving reads or opinions. Just kinda blending in a bit without being inactive. It's a playstyle scum often use, most of the time without even realising they're doing it. My vote is staying unless you post something that changes this view of your play so far.
Are you
really
advocating playing in a way that annoys people! And asking questions is one of the ways we normally gather info for our reads.
In post 201, Gooner wrote:That last post isn't making me move my vote. Why not? Put simply there are a lot of words for not a lot other than recapping what Titus has said. This looks like being more than it actually is if you get what I'm saying. It's dressing up a gut read to be more than it actually is.
This one actually amused me. Are you suggesting I should add things which she
didn't
say in my case on her? Yes, it's mainly a gut read but I understand Titus isn't keen on pure gut reads so I tried to explain what led me to it. What also amuses me is that what you say here is inconsistent with your post where you asked for reads to be explained. And is there a reason that you only referred to the part of the post concerning Titus? Do you have any comments on the rest of it?
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:00 pm

Post by fontisian »

Caught up.
In post 45, Gooner wrote:In other news Gooner would really like it if people actually explained their votes properly rather than throwing out unexplained votes. It makes it so much easier for us to read you and for you to read other people and it creates a town environment which makes it easy for the scumbags to slip up.

By the way, this is a two-team Mafia game which is going to make it harder to catch scum. Normally one catches scum by looking for people who aren't scumhunting or who seem to know people's alignments. In this game though it's far easier for the scum to scumhunt because they can actually honestly scumhunt, they don't have to fake it in this game.
In post 78, Gooner wrote:
In post 70, mastin2 wrote: Gooner could be scum, too--I did get a town vibe from him, but it felt like it could be the vibe from a scum player scumhunting.
Not sure what's so bad about random questions. I've always felt they're more useful than random votes for moving the game forward as quickly as possible.

Moreover could your statement on me be any more fence-sitty? He could be scum scumhunting or town scumhunting? I expect more from the legendary mastin.
VOTE: mastin
Found scum.
VOTE: Gooner

mastin2: What about Dry-fit's posts have you reading him as town? I had the opposite reaction to 144 and 146.

In other news, I don't understand the jklash wagon and the Titus wagon is thoroughly meh.
Dry-fit
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Dry-fit
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:14 pm

Post by Dry-fit »

Shadowcat wrote:Yes, it's mainly a gut read but I understand Titus isn't keen on pure gut reads so I tried to explain what led me to it.
Why are you concerned about what she's keen on? She's not one of the people you have to convince.

Hi fontisian I guess I'll ask you a question so you can feel noticed. What is your overall read on me?
Andy Murray: Two time Wimbledon and one time US Open Champ! Former world number 1!

C'mon Andy!
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:19 pm

Post by pisskop »

why is the titus wagon 'meh' I thought it came from a good place and it keeps us honest.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Shadowcat
Shadowcat
Goon
Shadowcat
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:23 pm

Post by Shadowcat »

In post 214, Dry-fit wrote:Why are you concerned about what she's keen on? She's not one of the people you have to convince.
To save time. I probably won't be able to do that with all my gut reads, but this one was relatively simple.
fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by fontisian »

In post 214, Dry-fit wrote:Hi fontisian I guess I'll ask you a question so you can feel noticed. What is your overall read on me?
Lean scum. I really didn't like the way you pressured people in post 144 and then finished up the post by saying you had no scum reads. The word choice of "no one really
seems
scummy" was also bad.
In post 215, pisskop wrote:why is the titus wagon 'meh' I thought it came from a good place and it keeps us honest.
Three reasons: 1.Two of my lean scum reads and two of my lean town reads are on it. 2. I don't particularly agree with the reasons. 3. Titus' play so far has also been thoroughly meh.

What do you mean by "it keeps us honest"?
Last edited by Rubicon on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:32 pm

Post by Haylen »

In post 165, Shadowcat wrote:
@Haylen:

Can you explain the Mastin-town read for me?

(Also the last post before this one by us in ISO was Mala.)

~Mala
He seems to be genuinely trying to scumhunt, more gut than anything. The trouble with this setup, though, is that scum genuinely need to scumhunt too, so I'm still trying to figure out the best way to tackle this one :/

For those reading Zekrom as newbie, he's joined enough games to have some idea what is expected of him.

My strongest townread right now is Dry-Fit. I'm not explaining why because it helps scum and he's not under attack. Mild town on Titus and Cats.

Scumvibes from pisscop on account of the majority (if not all) of his posts being fluff. There's something about Surye that I don't like, I need to figure out how to put that into words.

I have a town read on Mala and a leaningscum read on Huntress. I conclude Huntress was recruited by the mafia in a cult like situation pregame and plans on murdering Mala so she can take over the hydra in the future. She has forgotten, however that hydra grow another head if one is chopped off.

I'm tired and
VLA every weekend until Sunday evening.
There was other stuff I wanted to say but I lost concentration :|

My prefered pronoun set is "cie/cir/cirs[elf]" but they is more than acceptable.
Haylen
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Haylen
Life of the Third Party
Life of the Third Party

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Haylen »

In post 214, Dry-fit wrote:
Shadowcat wrote:Yes, it's mainly a gut read but I understand Titus isn't keen on pure gut reads so I tried to explain what led me to it.
Why are you concerned about what she's keen on? She's not one of the people you have to convince.

Hi fontisian I guess I'll ask you a question so you can feel noticed. What is your overall read on me?
Why are you asking about yourself? Only scum care what other players think of them.

fontisian
fontisian
Goon
fontisian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by fontisian »

Ok, the quoting thing did not go as planned.

Fixed
~Rubicon
Last edited by Rubicon on Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by pisskop »

I's too scummy to nk, yo.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

shadowcat is town - for my attempt at scum hunting in here
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

EBWOP:

shadowcat is town - for pointing out my scum hunting plan here
jklash12
jklash12
Goon
jklash12
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by jklash12 »

fontisian- Can you please explain your vote on Gooner?

Return to “Completed Open Games”