Post by Tony PF »

In post 1088, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1027, Garmr wrote:
In post 1023, Chevre wrote:
A post on the end-of-day votecount:

For reference, here it is:
In post 952, Huntress wrote:

Vote Count 1.19

Slandaar (10) - Chevre, OhGodMyLife, Aegor, Brian Skies, Bulbazak, Zdenek, Matias, yessiree, Albert B. Rampage, Slandaar

Brian Skies (4) - Garmr, Sotty7, emeraldemon, emogirl123
Chevre (2) - Zekrom25, The Fonz
emeraldemon (1) - inHimshallibe
emogirl123 (1) - kabooooom

Not voting (1) - Nobody Special

With nineteen players alive, it takes ten votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day One has been extended due to the replacements and is now Wednesday, 5th February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-05 20:00:00)).
Let's go over the votes on Slandaar's lynch first. Obviously mine is the first vote; I think at the time of casting it was a weak vote based primarily on a sort of active lurking but Slandaar's poor reactions to the vote strengthened my opinions on it. I'm going to affirm here that I don't think the Slandaar lynch was poorly conceptualized, but in this review I do want to look at those whose votes seem opportune or of little reason. OGML's vote is second and I think it's actually a little bit prophetic with the line "In conclusion, let's try to disingenuously dismiss all criticism out of hand", so I don't take issue with this vote either.
ABR's first vote on Slandaar (he unvotes later and then revotes) is just because he is "scummy" without explanation but that's to be expected of ABR at this point isn't it?
He does switch to emeraldemon quite quickly afterward but that wagon hasn't really taken off yet so I don't think it's a scummy hop. I'm not sure of Sotty's reasoning for his vote on Slandaar, but it is not permanent I see. It does agree with OGML again which is so very strange and I think Zdenek is right to question it. Aegor, though initially I thought it scummy since he considers lynching Slandaar earlier in 607, actually has decent reasons in this post and 668, especially determining why Slandaar is the best choice out of the suspects. Despite walls on the same page, Brian Skies' vote is pretty reasonless; he notes how Slandaar is "pure evil" but I don't know if that necessarily indicates scum? The Bulbazak vote is reasonless within the post but in 634 he notes Slandaar's poor list construction (the one where he lists people he believes need to post and declares them as scum). I think Brian Skies' reasonless vote is at least in part remedied by transactions between the two on pages 31 and 32.
ABR switches back for a second time to Slandaar and this is still not the last; what's even more disconcerting is that he says in this post that his reads are "usually right on the money" but his earlier switch from Slandaar to emeraldemon seemed quite fickle.
Zdenek's vote feels right, especially since now Slandaar is all over the place and peaked with that vote switch to emeraldemon; Matias pretty much echoes these sentiments. Zekrom places a vote which I guess changes later, and it's literally reasoned by everyone else's reasons, but given what I've seen on Day 2 I'm not expecting much more. yessiree's vote is kind of pointless to include in this analysis, but for completion's sake, it actually doesn't do much in the way of reasoning, though at this point it is nearing deadline and much of the reasons have been stated and re-stated. I feel this differs from Zekrom's vote because yessiree's feels legitimate whereas Zekrom's feels like he's latching on, though these ideas are admittedly gut feels since there is so little wordage in the vote posts. I don't feel it's worth linking, but ABR switches back to make it L-1 in 929 and then Slandaar self hammers.

From the votes that were left at lynch, I think ABR's wishy-washy voting is the scummiest, but I do think most of the votes off the wagon are more fishy. I never really found Sotty7's vote reasoning for Slandaar very in-depth, and then he switches off the wagon. Zekrom's vote and switch to me before the lynch is also very scummy. emogirl also putting her vote on Brian feels scummy as well. Also Garmr barely touches the Slandaar wagon at all. As for the others, emeraldemon truly does reek of newness, and I am of mixed opinion on his vote on Brian Skies. I could totally see it as scum knowing Slandaar is not scum and thus trying to avoid flak on Day 2 but it really sort of matches emeraldemon's tone from the rest of the day. Despite it being on me, Fonz's vote wasn't really out-of-place and he declared intent to hammer. inHim, kabooooom, and Nobody Special's votes don't really bother me because they were either reading up / away, which could be scum excuses but I doubt it.

So for a concise list ( :roll: ) The end-of-day vote count makes me think Sotty7, ABR, emogirl123, Zekrom25, and Garmr are suspicious, in that order.
Wow that was a horrible,horrible, horrible post. So your scum reads list is who ever wasn't voting sland except ABR who is the flavor of the day. Are you just being lazy or even trying at all. Also you seem to be scum reading the brian skies wagon when he had done nothing nothing deserving of a town read.
I will note your passive defense of brian skies with your silent chainsawing
I actually thought it was a good post. You seem to have purposely overlooked all of the analysis that Chevre did. What specifically about her reasoning did you not like?
The bolded part is about ABR. Make what you will of it, but I think it's scummy.
(Unofficial) Puzzle And Dragons Forum Ambassador
NOT VERY ACTIVE ON WEEKDAYS

Feel free to PM about what it's like back in the PF realm.
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Tony PF »

In post 1174, Nobody Special wrote:
In post 1161, Tony PF wrote:
In post 1160, Chevre wrote:I'm curious as to how you picked out those posts by ABR, if you didn't read the full 46 pages.
I did read ABR's ISO, though.
I am curious why/how you chose ABR to read in iso.
He was the flavor of the day, so I figured I'd start there and see what all the fuss was about.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.6

Albert B. Rampage (4) - Nobody Special, Zdenek, Zekrom25, Tony PF
Zdenek (2) - Sotty7, Albert B. Rampage
Tony PF (2) - Bulbazak, Chevre
Bulbazak (2) - inHimshallibe, Garmr
Nobody Special (1) - The Fonz
Zekrom25 (1) - Aegor
Aegor (1) - Thor665
Sotty7 (1) - OhGodMyLife

Not voting (3) - emeraldemon, kabooooom, Matias

With seventeen players alive, it takes nine votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Friday, 21st February 20.00 GMT, (in (expired on 2014-02-21 20:00:00)).

Note:

Thor665 is V/LA until 14th Feb.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:21 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1172, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1171, Bulbazak wrote:I thought that ABR came out stronger than Slandaar in their back and forth. And like I've said, ABR is essentially having a knee jerk reaction towards you. It's an OMGUS case. Of course it probably has BS reasons.
What argument of ABR's against Slaandar do you think is convincing?
I said that he came out
stronger
than Slandaar. Slandaar was really stretching in his cases on Brian and ABR. That was what made me think that he was the most likely scum of the argument.
In post 1173, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1171, Bulbazak wrote:ABR is essentially having a knee jerk reaction towards you. It's an OMGUS case. Of course it probably has BS reasons.
Good, so you don't think that he's trying to get scum lynched.

You should probably be voting him about now.
I don't think he's trying to get town lynched either. I think he is reacting emotionally to you. Bad case does not equal scum, or else I'd be wanting to lynch you as well.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:33 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1178, Bulbazak wrote:I said that he came out stronger than Slandaar.
What the fuck does this even mean?

Run me through your case on Emogirl again.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Post by Zdenek »

I mean if it doesn't have something to do with the strength of their arguments than it just looks like your full of shit.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:35 pm

Post by Zdenek »

and also what it has to do with alignment because right now, I don't understand at all what you are getting at.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:40 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

any others that read as scum ?
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:42 pm

Post by Zdenek »

If that was directed to me, I don't what you are asking.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:48 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1179, Zdenek wrote:
In post 1178, Bulbazak wrote:I said that he came out stronger than Slandaar.
What the fuck does this even mean?
Slandaar was reaching for reasons to find Brian and ABR scummy. I know that for Brian, he was actually misrepping his posts. He carried that same mindset over to ABR. As a result, I felt that ABR came out better in terms of their back and forth. You are asking me to quantify an impression that I got while initially reading their arguments, and you're doing so as a way to try to discredit that impression.
In post 1179, Zdenek wrote: Run me through your case on Emogirl again.
Emo attacked me when I voted Garmr and stated that I saw a possible connection between her and Garmr. She then said she wanted to open up a line of discussion with me, but this is false, because she had been voting me and flat out attacking me instead of asking me questions. She then said that she was trying to defend herself, but this is false, because she was only defending Garmr the entire time. She then admits that she had been prepared to vote anyone who brought up "an actual case" on Garmr. She also talked several times about how she was trying to "town tell". Finally, when the wagon on her dissipated, so did her activity. During this time, she kept on promising a case on me, but would then fall silent and fail to deliver when not questioned on it.

Why did you want me to state this again? So that you can find a way to discredit it all?

P-edit: The point which you seem to be missing, Zdenek, is that I don't think bad cases are indicative of scum. Slandaar made bad cases, ABR has made bad cases, Fonz has made bad cases, and you are making bad cases. A case being bad does not mean it's scummy. If you want me to believe that the case is scummy, and not just bad, then you need to provide evidence of it, and using the reads of a dead man who couldn't play to his wincon and had bad cases of his own is not the way to do so.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:51 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1184, Bulbazak wrote:Why did you want me to state this again?
I'm trying figure out what you think is a reasonable case.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:57 pm

Post by Zdenek »

In post 1171, Bulbazak wrote:I thought that ABR came out stronger than Slandaar in their back and forth.
Why did you defend ABR with that? It doesn't make sense to me, if you don't think that bad cases are indicative of scum.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:31 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1186, Zdenek wrote: Why did you defend ABR with that?
I just stated my opinion. I think both of your cases are bad, but I don't think either are scummy. You've been the one driving this entire conversation beyond that.

Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:43 pm

Post by Zdenek »

Well, okay, but you should know that your case on Emogirl is more of a case for her being town than one for her being scum.

I'm now going to do my damnedest to ignore you because this is too frustrating and I think you're town.
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:55 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 1183, Zdenek wrote:If that was directed to me, I don't what you are asking.
do you have any reads on ABR, Brian & Slandaar ?
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:14 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1188, Zdenek wrote:Well, okay, but you should know that your case on Emogirl is more of a case for her being town than one for her being scum.
Why's that?
In post 1189, Zekrom25 wrote:
In post 1183, Zdenek wrote:If that was directed to me, I don't what you are asking.

emeraldemon
emeraldemon
Goon
emeraldemon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Post by emeraldemon »

Questions for everyone!

@inHimshallibe

What is your read on Tony PR [emogirl]? Do you disagree with Bulba's case?

@Zdenek

What do you think about what inHimshallibe said in , that scum ABR wouldn't push hard on a town wagon day 1?

@Tony PF

You say you liked Chevre's analysis in , but I thought Chevre concluded that the NK didn't point to ABR. Which part are you agreeing with?

@Nobody Special

Why are you voting ABR? Also, you voted Chevre yesterday, what made you decide he's town?

@Chevre

What is your read on Bulba? Did his arguments sway you in voting Tony PR [emogirl]?

OK I lied, the rest of you are boring to me and get no questions.
Matias
Matias
Mafia Scum
Matias
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:48 pm

Post by Matias »

I'm here.

Content when I'm sober and not totally pissed off at my life, bye
Formerly DemonHybrid. I play mafia extremely occasionally. I run the Song Contest. You can find me there.
My GTKAS
My old account
Zekrom25
Zekrom25
Goon
Zekrom25
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:31 pm

Post by Zekrom25 »

In post 1190, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1188, Zdenek wrote:Well, okay, but you should know that your case on Emogirl is more of a case for her being town than one for her being scum.
Why's that?
In post 1189, Zekrom25 wrote:
WHY ???? ^
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:36 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

First, it should be apparent what his read of ABR is. Second, Slandaar is dead.

Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:41 pm

Post by Aegor »

This game is really, really disorganized. And these days are long without much productive discussion IMO. I honestly think we should just decide now which players we still want alive when there are, say, 8 players alive and then just systematically lynch everyone else. And I am bothered by the lack of incisive scumhunting despite the number of posts.

People should ISO Zekrom. Then vote him.
In post 1081, OhGodMyLife wrote:I was fighting for it until my read of Chevre changed. He's now firmly in my town pile. I agree with the Sotty read coming out of the Slandaar wagon analysis. Something felt off about her yesterday that I couldn't quite put my finger on, but looking back it does feel like she was mirroring my positions at every opportunity.

Vote: Sotty7

ABR is town and I'm against the votes on him.
Also don't much like the votes for Zdenek.
Zekrom and NS are both fine votes and I would support either wagon if necessary, but I'm more interested in Sotty
OGML, are these reads still current?

I would be happy lynching NS as well. Fine with ABR lynch, actually.

In post 1125, Chevre wrote:ABR twice, Sotty7, and Zekrom25, from my count. I tried to analyze the wagon in 1023.
What a coincidence! Those are the people I would love to lynch.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 1195, Aegor wrote:I honestly think we should just decide now which players we still want alive when there are, say, 8 players alive and then just systematically lynch everyone else.
:neutral:

Unvote

Vote Aegor

Aegor
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Aegor
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:50 pm

Post by Aegor »

Yes, like that.
Currently partying at the
M A S Q U E R A D E
-- a Large Normal for 21 revelers.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 pm

Post by Chevre »

In post 1165, Tony PF wrote:
In post 1164, Bulbazak wrote:
In post 1162, Tony PF wrote: I'm liking Chevre's analysis here. ABR is probably scum, to the point where I can:
Where do you go from "ABR is overconfident and committing a logical fallacy (7for7 tends to be town)" to "ABR is scum"?
Well, the NK was on someone who suspected him(as was mentioned in the analysis). Not to mention the bad logic.
I definitely mentioned this analysis, but I also focused on how this type of reasoning would be incredibly easy in Day 2 so I doubt ABR-scum would kill yessiree.

@emeraldemon:
I find Bulbazak town but I don't think I was really influenced by his reasons for voting emogirl in my vote. I see in 1088 several of our points are the same, but I'm hesitant to trust associative tells when both parties' alignments are up in the air, and I think some of the contradictory and self-image-concerned behavior from her is part of her playstyle. Still, Bulbazak is one of the few people in this game who I feel is both A) town and B) in agreeance with me on various reads. However that recent Aegor vote is really reactionary; like I get it's a bad idea but there's so much require it to even come to fruition that voting someone for it seems silly. It also wasn't a surprising thing to hear from Aegor given his play so far.

Also, since I keep forgetting to address it, the missing word in 1024 was "like", as in "I like Zdenek's points about Sotty7." Reading back, it was really only one point: the one in 1012 about the bad voting record attack from 992.
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Tony PF
Tony PF
Goon
Tony PF
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Thu Feb 13, 2014 1:44 am

Post by Tony PF »

In post 1191, emeraldemon wrote:
@Tony PF

You say you liked Chevre's analysis in , but I thought Chevre concluded that the NK didn't point to ABR. Which part are you agreeing with?
I think it does point to ABR. FMPOV Chèvre only said it was WIFOM, she never said it didn't point to ABR.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”