NY 171: An Education in Telling Jokes (Game Over!)

Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1600 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 4:32 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 1599, RadiantCowbells wrote:Malak is correct.
yet voteless,

buddy aaaaaaaaaaaaaalert.
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1601 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:00 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1598, Malakittens wrote:
In post 1592, Nikanor wrote:Honestly, the one thing that got me looking at evilpacman18 was this:
I don't like sthar. He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so. zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.
This post is written at a time when sthar is already taking a lot of heat, but only has three votes on him. And the entire post is bullshit! "Intentional dissonance," REALLY? evilpacman18 doesn't even vote sthar until two other people hop on the wagon, making this post even worse, since sthar didn't post a single thing in that time.
VOTE: NIK

last time someone said 'honestly' during a post they were scum. Sayin 'honestly' is a classic scum tell because if you were already honest about it you didn't need to emphasize honestly
I was going to go through every post of evilpacman18's and make up some bullshit tell on everything he said, hoping it'd get him lynched. Instead, I decided to point out the one post that I actually found scummy. Hence the "honestly".
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
evilpacman18
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
evilpacman18
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1602 (ISO) » Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:14 pm

Post by evilpacman18 »

You're voting me based on one post?
I play piano and competitive Smash 4 under the tag EPM
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1603 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:52 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1601, Nikanor wrote:
In post 1592, Nikanor wrote:Honestly, the one thing that got me looking at evilpacman18 was this:
I don't like sthar. He posted a read list "in the interest of transparency" meaning he's more concerned with peoples' perceptions of him than posting reads because they convict him into lynching/defending certain people, etc.
Also he's got like a third of the playerlist chalked up to VI (including myself, which I can't remember playing with him but whatever) which normally indicates a town read (it is a VILLAGE idiot, after all), but in the case of someone like fish, who he says he doesn't really believe the claim, meaning he's reading him as scum, it's either a mislabeled null-read or intentional dissonance. Either way, his dismissal of so many players as VI is some indication that, again, he's more interested in looking actively engaged than being so. zekrom's 959 is more typically dull posting from him but I think he accidentally tripped over the discovery that sthar doesn't actually have much at all and for a full playerlist reads post, it leaves me at least still quite unsure of what sthar thinks.
This post is written at a time when sthar is already taking a lot of heat, but only has three votes on him. And the entire post is bullshit! "Intentional dissonance," REALLY? evilpacman18 doesn't even vote sthar until two other people hop on the wagon, making this post even worse, since sthar didn't post a single thing in that time.

last time someone said 'honestly' during a post they were scum. Sayin 'honestly' is a classic scum tell because if you were already honest about it you didn't need to emphasize honestly
I was going to go through every post of evilpacman18's and make up some bullshit tell on everything he said, hoping it'd get him lynched. Instead, I decided to point out the one post that I actually found scummy. Hence the "honestly".
Lol
VOTE: Nikanor
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1604 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 am

Post by Marquis »

@mod: v/la weekend

Pedit I like nikanor's case on epm but also dislike his diction and responses????? I also don't think I like the nika wagon
link in bio
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1605 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:09 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1602, evilpacman18 wrote:You're voting me based on one post?
Instead of asking this dumb question, why don't you respond to his case on you?

I actually think epm could be scum but that response by Nikanor was horribad.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1606 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:21 am

Post by pisskop »

Pacman - Why ar le you voting moi?

-I think pman is town, believe it or not. Nikanor not so much. Since you all seem to think Marquis is coolbeans im jumping onto tge wagon.

unvote
vote: Nikanor
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1607 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:30 am

Post by Green Crayons »

In post 1605, Elyse wrote:I actually think epm could be scum but that response by Nikanor was horribad.
x2
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1608 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:57 am

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1594, pirate mollie wrote:
In post 1587, Nikanor wrote:guys, this isn't assassins in the palace. you CAN give reasoning for your votes.
I will answer this real quick.

it has to do with perception and masking/mimicking that allows them to recreate and blend in.

sera has seen my scum game so I would expect him to be all like "ARGGGGGHHHHHH MOLLIE IS SCUM FUCKING LYNCH HER!!1!" but his push was weak especially since there was no appetite for it and this:
In post 1554, serrapaladin wrote:Watch him flip town...
without providing an alternative feels hollow. plus cabd had him as scum and cabd is a player that I respect so part of it also is sheeping his dead read.

it might not be the best but it is what I am going with for now altho I am gonna look at the vote jumps after zekrom scumclaimed (now that I am free of cabd paranoia) cos that would be a good time to bus.
Nope. You know my town-game, so you know I'm not going to immediately yell about having you lynched, particularly given that my read was based on just skimming the first and last few pages. I don't recall Cabd saying anything about me, and I never said I wanted an alternative to lynching Zek, just that I wouldn't have been entirely surprised had he flipped scum, because there were some inconsistencies in Cabd's claim (and guess what? Cabd wasn't being entirely truthful...)

mollie is definitely being odd, I don't think she's scum though.

Marquis is totally town.

pacman-scum is quite possible. His reaction to zek's scumclaim was a bit awkward. Yates and Elyse are other good candidates for scum.

Yatesy is doing that thing he does as scum where he's focusing on calling things bad/weird/wrong rather than making alignment judgements. Most of his comments have no value in finding out the alignment of the person he's interacting with.

Ythan and DN are town from interactions with zek. mollie perhaps too.
Wandering but not lost
Porochaz
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Porochaz
Oh, Prozac
Oh, Prozac

Post Post #1609 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by Porochaz »

Interesting voting patterns day 2, makes UT look bad.

Mollie, self voting lasted too long to be scummy...

RC is still making me feel awful.

Back to the game, Marquis Im leaning scum, but Malascum, I'm coming for you.
Mostly retired. Unless you ask or it's something interesting.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1610 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Nikanor »

In post 1602, evilpacman18 wrote:You're voting me based on one post?
Yeap!
Strange how you don't seem to take issue with everyone else who is voting ME based on one post. Really really strange!
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1611 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:05 pm

Post by Nikanor »

UT is probably scum too, fwiw.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1612 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

In post 1591, Nikanor wrote:Fucking cat somehow found the big bad SUBMIT button. AGH, annoying.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1613 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:26 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1608, serrapaladin wrote:Nope. You know my town-game, so you know I'm not going to immediately yell about having you lynched, particularly given that my read was based on just skimming the first and last few pages. I don't recall Cabd saying anything about me, and I never said I wanted an alternative to lynching Zek, just that I wouldn't have been entirely surprised had he flipped scum, because there were some inconsistencies in Cabd's claim (and guess what? Cabd wasn't being entirely truthful...)

mollie is definitely being odd, I don't think she's scum though.

Marquis is totally town.

pacman-scum is quite possible. His reaction to zek's scumclaim was a bit awkward. Yates and Elyse are other good candidates for scum.

Yatesy is doing that thing he does as scum where he's focusing on calling things bad/weird/wrong rather than making alignment judgements. Most of his comments have no value in finding out the alignment of the person he's interacting with.

Ythan and DN are town from interactions with zek. mollie perhaps too.
this post is so full of hedge we need a freaking gardener to trim the overgrown bushes.

I find it weird that you say yatesy is doing anything to sort out anybody's alignment I mean pot meet keetle

all you are doing is offering hedgey reads and no actual scumhunting
whew!
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1614 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 5:54 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

*not doing
whew!
RadiantCowbells
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
RadiantCowbells
He/him
Smooth Criminal
Smooth Criminal
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1615 (ISO) » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by RadiantCowbells »

Porochaz u suk and shud feel awful about ur self

>:(
Elyse
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Elyse
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1616 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:55 am

Post by Elyse »

In post 1615, RadiantCowbells wrote:RC u suk and shud feel awful about ur self

>:(
tman2nd
tman2nd
Goon
tman2nd
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1617 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by tman2nd »

Ok, I looked at Marquis's ISO, and I don't think he's scum anymore.

I can't stand RC's game though. If anyone knows of a game where she's played like this before, point me to it.
VOTE: RC
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1618 (ISO) » Sun Mar 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

this game is making my soul cry

I'm still pretty happy with lynching from Cabd's scum list
Green Crayons
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Green Crayons
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1619 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:29 am

Post by Green Crayons »

Skimmed posts. Happy with my vote.
In post 1618, Untrod Tripod wrote:I'm still pretty happy with lynching from Cabd's scum list
If this happens, would be happy with making a PeregrineV vote.
"This Court has never held that the Constitution forbids the execution of a convicted defendant who has had a full and fair trial but is later able to convince a habeas court that he is 'actually' innocent." In re Davis, 557 U.S. 952, 955 (2009) (Scalia, J., dissenting).
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1620 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:34 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1601, Nikanor wrote:

This is how I read that.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1621 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:32 pm

Post by Yates »

Since it appears we're not getting our posts back...
In post 1608, serrapaladin wrote:Yatesy is doing that thing he does as scum where he's focusing on calling things bad/weird/wrong rather than making alignment judgements.
I call bullshit. You were mod in one of my Town games. You should know what this play means. Hint: it isn't scum. You also have the benefit of knowing this isn't for show on the off chance you would just happen to replace in. Finally, you've been my victim how many times now? When have I ever done that as scum?

Fake meta is fake.

FOS - serra
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1622 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by Yates »

So Nik...
In post 1161, Yates wrote:
In post 1023, Nikanor wrote:
Zekrom: Please kill Gooner. I have information that says he is scum.
Is this serious? I'm not going to read the whole game. Spare me the drama and tell me.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
serrapaladin
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
serrapaladin
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1623 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:11 pm

Post by serrapaladin »

In post 1621, Yates wrote:Since it appears we're not getting our posts back...
In post 1608, serrapaladin wrote:Yatesy is doing that thing he does as scum where he's focusing on calling things bad/weird/wrong rather than making alignment judgements.
I call bullshit. You were mod in one of my Town games. You should know what this play means. Hint: it isn't scum. You also have the benefit of knowing this isn't for show on the off chance you would just happen to replace in. Finally, you've been my victim how many times now?
When have I ever done that as scum?

Fake meta is fake.

FOS - serra
Both times, actually, and in your town games, there was significantly less content which was just filler calling people wrong without saying anything about their alignment.

@mollie: not only do I disagree that that post was particularly hedgy, but what I remarked about Yates was the way in which he avoided giving reads.
Wandering but not lost
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1624 (ISO) » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:04 pm

Post by Ythan »