Mini 1556: Greetings Without Spain (GAME OVER FAREWELL)

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 6:51 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 70, d3x wrote:don't see anything that's been said in the last 3 pages as alignment indicative or even leaning? What do you normally do to gain reads? Do you feel like you've been contributing/accomplishing that here? Have you fully read the thread?
The last three pages are half made up of KCDA (KCDA has 19/75 posts), and because I usually try to study read flops and pushes I won't make too much out of the three pages. It all feels like omgus to me, and later when I have real points the RVS may become supporting points...

In post 73, Aisa wrote:In what way did my post stand out to you? Do you think it is scummy?
It was a self-vote, for one. even in RVS it sticks out. I tend to believe RVS self-votes are slightly town-leaning.

More interesting is your 'comment'. What does it mean? To mean it looks like you are deliberately calling attention to yourself, but for social reasons. Are you familiar with several individuals in the game? Because otherwise I would assume you are just posting to announce you are here. Which would be a shade more null.

But I don't want to put much into it before you post real content. Its potentially a towntell to me, or another point in a case if it becomes a pattern.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:54 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 75, pisskop wrote:More interesting is your 'comment'. What does it mean? To mean it looks like you are deliberately calling attention to yourself, but for social reasons. Are you familiar with several individuals in the game? Because otherwise I would assume you are just posting to announce you are here. Which would be a shade more null.
all 3 of piss, kthx and zay(if i got that last one right?) are doing this^ which is extreme tryhardness

Really it boils down to trying to look town. if you ARE town... why try? and the thing is too they are tryharding so early in the game. thing like putting meaning into posts or words WHICH CLEARLY DONT HAVE MUCH MEANING TO THEM

and their interactions with each other CERTAINLY down win any town points either.

this is almost pretty much GG
A question that sometimes drives me hazy: am I or are the others crazy?
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:00 am

Post by Aisa »

Pedit:
You are assuming that 1. "tryhardness" automatically means trying to look town and that trying to look town is not something that town do; both of which I find incorrect.
In post 73, Aisa wrote:
If I had to pick out a scum from everyone who commented upon my interactions I would pick Xay; for his defense for me. Scum Xay could be pretending to avoid a quickhammer as a way to gain towncredit early.
"X did Y to gain towncred" is applicable to a lot things.
Is this outside of Xay's normal town meta?
This was
@Pisskop
In post 74, d3x wrote:@Aisa- Why woudn't you want piss at L-2 that early? I can understand L-1, but 2 derpVotes is a lot more rare than 1 derpHammer. What are your thoughts on X? Specifically this part...
In post 45, Xayzeck wrote:Also, pkop and I will probably buddy quite a bit this game, because we chose to join together. It's up to you to decide if it's alignment indicative for this game.
Why do you think he felt it nesseccary to put the part regarding alignment?
Last time I voted someone to L-2 early during the game people didn't appreciate it very much. I can't go into further detail because it's an ongoing game.

Xayzeck is, in general, nullish.
I think the alignment thing makes the post look less opportunistic. I don't know if he did that as scum or as town, it depends on the player and I definitely don't know him well enough.
In post 75, pisskop wrote:
In post 73, Aisa wrote:In what way did my post stand out to you? Do you think it is scummy?
It was a self-vote, for one. even in RVS it sticks out. I tend to believe RVS self-votes are slightly town-leaning.

More interesting is your 'comment'. What does it mean? To mean it looks like you are deliberately calling attention to yourself, but for social reasons. Are you familiar with several individuals in the game? Because otherwise I would assume you are just posting to announce you are here. Which would be a shade more null.

But I don't want to put much into it before you post real content. Its potentially a towntell to me, or another point in a case if it becomes a pattern.
I don't know many people in this game, and I'm not very familiar with the ones I know. As I said, my "comment" means "discuss". It was not really aimed at anyone in particular.

It's odd that you just said my post stuck out. Look at the context in post #69:
- D3x wants to know why you aren't contributing to the discussion.
- You say my post "sticks out" without really giving any useful opinion or input about it.
It sounds like you just wrote something random for the sake of posting.

Though the fact that you do have an opinion on me is positive. I'll sleep on it.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:06 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Asia knows whats up.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:18 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

maybe for the wrong reasons, but hey, method different: outcome same. i'm not complainin.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by pisskop »

In post 73, Aisa wrote:"X did Y to gain towncred" is applicable to a lot things. Is this outside of Xay's normal town meta?
We haven't been in too many games together. But as scum I think I would let the town know I disagreed with a wagon like this. Its easy cred when it flips, and if it doesn't then I can still say I was objective throughout it.

Xay doesn't seem prone to that kind of thinking, but I've never officially met Scum Xay.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by ICEninja »

Time to finally get this game going. Hello everybody, I see a few familiar faces here. Most of them from long ago, though.

Is anybody posting outside of mainland USA hours? I ask because sometimes I'm waiting for a response but it isn't going to come until awkward hours.

Anyways, on to the game.

I feel like this comment:
kthx wrote: You know, I would, but I've already found scum on page 1. I prefer to bus my buddies out the gate to make myself look more town, ya know?
Is more likely to come from scum joking about their role than town.

Kcd's post 24 may hold some water. Suspicion for piss for that.

I will, however, be suspicious of Kcd is piss flips scum considering the whole "I don't want this to go too fast, going to jump off if it looks like a quicklynch".
piss wrote: Apparently they haven't read my meta. Im rather derpy, yea :P
Do not like this as a defense at all.

Asia's request to comment on his own self vote confuses me, but it seems like a strange attempt to get discussion going.
Kthx wrote: Wouldn't the "hammer" have given good info had he flipped town?
Considering how I haven't even posted yet, no. Not at all. Scummy to even suggest this.

Lucresia's post 52 is the best post of the game so far, minus the town read of Kthx.

The fact that d3x is willing to make concessions that he misread but still scum hunts gives me a town feeling.

This game is giving me a headache already and I haven't even posted yet. I'm definitely going to need some time to sift out the crazy townies from the scum, as I certainly have a tendency to find players like Kcd more scummy than I should. I'm going to do something slightly unusual of me and hold my vote for a little. I'm looking for something specific.
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:54 pm

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 81, ICEninja wrote:I feel like this comment:
kthx wrote: You know, I would, but I've already found scum on page 1. I prefer to bus my buddies out the gate to make myself look more town, ya know?
Is more likely to come from scum joking about their role than town.
Oh yeah? Why is it more likely to come from scum exactly? Have you experienced this before? Do you know my town and scum games somehow?
Kthx wrote: Wouldn't the "hammer" have given good info had he flipped town?
Considering how I haven't even posted yet, no. Not at all. Scummy to even suggest this.
See...this is funny cuz you addressed the exact reason I asked the question with:
I will, however, be suspicious of Kcd is piss flips scum considering the whole "I don't want this to go too fast, going to jump off if it looks like a quicklynch".
Also, was I calling for the hammer at that point? Please explain further how my question is scummy in context.
-------------------------
The fact that d3x is willing to make concessions that he misread but still scum hunts gives me a town feeling.
For the most part, I'm getting the same feeling currently, but d3x's scum game does this as well. In fact, d3x's scum game does this better than his town game. I will let you know as time passes if d3x is scum or not.

As for holding your vote....why? Do you not wanna be tied to anything for future study as the game progresses? The only reason I can see for you not voting and "something slightly unusual" is to keep yourself off the VC's which hurts VCA later on? How is this a pro-town move exactly?
-------------------
In post 76, Kcdaspot wrote:
and their interactions with each other CERTAINLY down win any town points either.
Oooooh, please please please quote posts that you think show these interactions that are anti-town. I can't wait for this! :lol:
-------------------
Still unimpressed at PK's posts and they just come off....fake. It's like he's TRYING to keep his cool. Maybe he's a completely different player than I am, but when I get wagoned when I'm town, I automatically look at my own wagon for the scum voting me. Him not doing this is giving me the feeling that we just happened to stumble on scum for the first wagon and he doesn't know how to handle it.

More votes on PK.
If you think I'm scum D1, bet all your money I'm town.
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by d3x »

It's suddenly bothering me that we're approaching the 48hr mark of the game being open and we have a few players who haven't posted, have posted a single time, and/or are prolifically posting onsite yet not here.

@piss- Please answer the rest of my questions along with this new one. If you're more into breaking down Night Actions {flips, etc}, how do you normally play D1s?
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: I don't know why you're linking me to pictures of babies on Facebook

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:48 am

Post by Bicephalous Bob »

Lord (1): Konowa
Piss (4): ika, Kcda, d3x, Kthx
Xay (1): Piss
ICE (1): Lord
Kcda (1): Luca
d3x (1): Xay
Ika (1): Aisa

Not Voting (3): TrevorP, ICEninja

12 alive, 7 to lynch

TrevorP, ICEninja and Konowa have been prodded.
Last edited by Bicephalous Bob on Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:09 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

ICE POSTED MOD
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:11 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 82, Kthxbye wrote:Do you know my town and scum games somehow?

yeah, no.

no

thi- no

VOTE: kthx

today you die.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

In post 80, pisskop wrote:
In post 73, Aisa wrote:"X did Y to gain towncred" is applicable to a lot things. Is this outside of Xay's normal town meta?
We haven't been in too many games together. But as scum I think I would let the town know I disagreed with a wagon like this. Its easy cred when it flips, and if it doesn't then I can still say I was objective throughout it.

Xay doesn't seem prone to that kind of thinking, but I've never officially met Scum Xay.
and this gave piss about a metric ton of town points.
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:29 am

ICEninja has been unprodded.
Xayzeck
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Xayzeck
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:52 am

Post by Xayzeck »

In post 66, Kthxbye wrote:Xay: please list the posts in which you think Kcd was "poking and questioning a lot of stuff". Hell, the only reason he's spurring any activity is because his posting is too scummy to actually be scum and I feel the need to call him out on it. But, again, before I lump you into the VI club with him, I'd like to see where you think he is pushing the game.
Can't really lists the post, because they're all derp posts now that I look at them. It's just that his posts produce a lot of reactions, which help move the game forward, if that makes sense to ya.
In post 70, d3x wrote:@X p60- Why are you continuing this conversation? I don't care about this stance in regards to kcd. I was interested in this stance regarding piss, and you've cleared it up. Do you think that my clipping of your statement for the sake of the discussion is/was scummy?
I was answering the questions you asked me in 54, except changing all the piss's to kcd's. It's using my quote in a way I didn't intend for it to come out that is scummy to me, because you're twisting words in order to look like you're scumhunting.

And as piss said, we haven't played many games together. We played our first games with each other, he was scum and I was town, but I'm sure his playstyle has changed since then. Frankly I don't really remember how he played in that game.
In post 74, d3x wrote:Why do you think he felt it nesseccary to put the part regarding alignment?
So that if I do actually buddy him a lot and he flips scum I don't get mislynched.

But right now I feel you're town, so

UNVOTE: d3x
In post 87, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 80, pisskop wrote:We haven't been in too many games together. But as scum I think I would let the town know I disagreed with a wagon like this. Its easy cred when it flips, and if it doesn't then I can still say I was objective throughout it.

and this gave piss about a metric ton of town points.
I don't understand how this makes him super town, or why you don't unvote after saying it.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Kthxbye »

In post 86, Kcdaspot wrote:
In post 82, Kthxbye wrote:Do you know my town and scum games somehow?

yeah, no.

no

thi- no

VOTE: kthx

today you die.
I'm just going to :roll: the rest of your posts...you are too derp to bother responding to. You're prolly town because of it as scum would be way more careful on how they post I think. You may be just that bad though so we'll see.
In post 89, Xayzeck wrote:
In post 66, Kthxbye wrote:Xay: please list the posts in which you think Kcd was "poking and questioning a lot of stuff". Hell, the only reason he's spurring any activity is because his posting is too scummy to actually be scum and I feel the need to call him out on it. But, again, before I lump you into the VI club with him, I'd like to see where you think he is pushing the game.
Can't really lists the post, because they're all derp posts now that I look at them. It's just that his posts produce a lot of reactions, which help move the game forward, if that makes sense to ya.
Oh it certainly makes sense to me (the derp part), but what doesn't make sense is how that makes him look town to you. I have my own thoughts on it but want to hear yours.
Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:04 am

Post by Kthxbye »

Oh, and Kcd, I find it really funny you answer a question not directed at you yet you fail to answer the question actually directed at you.

Either back up your statements with cases or get eye rolled the rest of the game.
Kcdaspot
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Kcdaspot
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:08 am

Post by Kcdaspot »

Kthxbye
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Kthxbye
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Kthxbye »

:roll:
d3x
d3x
Mafia Scum
d3x
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:09 am

Post by d3x »

@Mod
- It was Lord Farkward that needed the ICE prod {and very shortly, ika}. You had the amount correct, just not the roster:)

UnVote/Vote:Xay
Honest is easy, fiction's where genius lies.

GTKAS - d3x
Konowa
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Konowa
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:35 am

Post by Konowa »

Prod received. Will post tonight after work.
How many people long for that "past, simpler, and better world," I wonder,
without ever recognizing the truth that perhaps it was they who were simpler and better,
and not the world about them?
Bicephalous Bob
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Bicephalous Bob
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:39 am

Ika and Lord Farkward have been prodded.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:43 am

Post by ika »

shit i forgot about this one, i have been focused on another one that im more invested into.

if i get time i will look back and see.
Aisa
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Aisa
she/her, they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her, they/them

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:51 am

Post by Aisa »

In post 81, ICEninja wrote:Is anybody posting outside of mainland USA hours? I ask because sometimes I'm waiting for a response but it isn't going to come until awkward hours.
*Raises hand, points to sig*
--
In post 80, pisskop wrote:

Eh. I'm still having mixed opinions on you. You seem more oriented towards justifying your suspicion of Xay than trying to understand if he is actually scum.
I can see myself voting you for the moment.
VOTE: Pisskop

My first gut thought about the Kcda-Kthx quarrel was "They are distancing from each other". By looking into it further nothing strikes me as suspicious enough to warrant a vote, but I'm not going to tolerate it if Kcda keeps not answering questions, or if Kthx uses this argument to avoid interacting with Kcda.
ICEninja
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
ICEninja
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:58 am

Post by ICEninja »

Kthx wrote: Oh yeah? Why is it more likely to come from scum exactly? Have you experienced this before? Do you know my town and scum games somehow?
This is a ridiculous response. No I don't know your meta, but yes I see scum joking like this from time to time and believe I have actually done it myself. Scum try to appear as town as possible, but will often make jokes and such to down play their scumminess.
Kthx wrote: Also, was I calling for the hammer at that point? Please explain further how my question is scummy in context.
You were playing devil's advocate. While it can be paranoid town to play devil's advocate, this particular situation is the exact opposite. You're implying that a quick lynch at that point in the game would have had merit. This could suggest to other players implicitly to go ahead with a quick hammer, and such an action would almost assuredly benefit scum.
Kthx wrote: As for holding your vote....why? Do you not wanna be tied to anything for future study as the game progresses? The only reason I can see for you not voting and "something slightly unusual" is to keep yourself off the VC's which hurts VCA later on? How is this a pro-town move exactly?
I will address this later.

Oh I also missed this earlier:
Kthx wrote: Xay: please list the posts in which you think Kcd was "poking and questioning a lot of stuff". Hell, the only reason he's spurring any activity is because
his posting is too scummy to actually be scum
and I feel the need to call him out on it. But, again, before I lump you into the VI club with him, I'd like to see where you think he is pushing the game.
Underlined is mine. This reasoning is almost always faulty and bad.

Actually, I was considering holding my vote to check people's reactions to it and see who tries to jump on it in an attempt to find an easy wagon, but I actually don't want to hold my vote anymore.

Vote Kthxbye
Town: 14 wins, 14 losses
Scum: 3 wins, 2 losses

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”