Open 548-WiFom City: The Invasion (Over)

Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 348, Hoopla wrote:the over-the-top nature of it is too silly to be scum.

i think that reaction makes more sense coming from someone wrongfully accused, rather than scum being pinned. it just seems more difficult to get indignant when someone is actually correct about your play.
you are missing the fact that it's something that Sakura has done tons of times as town before, which makes it a great thing to fake as scum.

AND she has done it as scum before. Did you even click the link I provided?

~Wis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:16 pm

Post by Hoopla »

In post 350, Rottweiler wrote:you are missing the fact that it's something that Sakura has done tons of times as town before, which makes it a great thing to fake as scum.
that sentence makes no sense to me. if she has a track record of doing it a ton of times as town, wouldn't you favour that interpretation than the latter?

you make it sound like she is doing this as a tactical decision as scum, but the actual act of replacing out negates any advantage gained...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:17 pm

Post by Hoopla »

and no, i didn't click any links, sorry
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:21 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 351, Hoopla wrote:you make it sound like she is doing this as a tactical decision as scum, but the actual act of replacing out negates any advantage gained...
Not if she had decided to replace out anyway, it gives plenty of advantage to her slot and team.

And go actually click the link, it shows Sakura replacing out in a similar fashion as scum.

~Wis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Post by Hoopla »

anyone who is a serial replace-outer probably isn't considering theoretical future advantages for their team, or about their team at all.

by your own admission she's done it tons of times as town, and once as scum. why are you zeroing in on a single instance of her doing this as scum?
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:32 pm

Post by Rottweiler »

Because it made no sense and felt completely out of place, given I didn't really push her hard. It felt fake. And I already thought she is scum, so

~Wis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Fri Mar 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Post by Hoopla »

her replace-outs as town have a different flavour to them?
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 1:31 am

Post by Rottweiler »

The ones i have experienced were at least more reasonable. In those ones I had indeed tunneled on her and did little else, and she was at least things that could be considered town.

Here not only she wasn't doing anything and she admitted so herself, not only she challenged me to "bring it on", but I wasn't even tunneling on her hard (if at all). I only encouraged her to do things and even tried to discuss my reads with her, which she didn't care to do (that's in the missing posts unfortunately)

So yeah, the difference is huge.

~Wis
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:13 am

Post by beastcharizard »

[quote="In post 346
Err didn't I do the same thing?[/quote]

Kind of but you never retracted your town read and your interpretation seemed different than aisa's.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:54 am

Post by Titus »

Votecount 1.10

[L-6] GreyMarble - Aisa
[L-5] Rottweiler - Albert R. Rampage, Shockwave Rider
[L-5] Beastcharizard - MTD, Hoopla
[L-5] Aisa - iamausername, beastcharizard
[L-6] ika - Profont
[L-5] Profont - ika, Hoopla
[L-6] notscience - Rottweiler

Not voting: notscience, Greymarble

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch!

Deadline is Wednesday, March 11, 2014 at 11:59 PST ((expired on 2014-03-11 23:59:59)).
Last edited by Titus on Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:20 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 am

Post by notscience »

Titus you still have Sakura Hana in the VC

I'll do ISOs later tonight and give reads.

~ Fixed, also picked up GM's unvote.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:50 am

Post by iamausername »

prod received, shall endeavour to get my shit together later this evening.
Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:25 am

Post by Rottweiler »

UNVOTE:
VOTE: greymarble

3 days left, guys, can everyone stop being apathetic so that we actually lynch someone?

~Wis
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Post by MTD »

@Mod: Rott is at L-5 not L-4

UNVOTE:

VOTE: GM

I'd prefer ika, but it seems that is not gonna happen, I am ok with this one.

~Fixed, but do remember the names control not the mod's mental math.
still the same old MTD
Greymarble
Greymarble
Goon
Greymarble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:34 pm

Post by Greymarble »

First off, I hope you all aren't too attached to your votes on us, because this thread is about to experience some orbital bombardment.
In post 257, ika wrote:
In post 256, Profont wrote:Let me get this straight - I don't need reasons for your reads; I want to hear /how/ you got them, because there's a glaring inconsistency in there.

You're refusing to do anything until I comply to your demands - is this correct?

-p
Correct. You asked for reads, i will even quote you
In post 233, Profont wrote:Hi ika.

Are you going to read the last 200+ posts, and if you are, can you grace me with a t/s list?

~p
I decided to ignore the first part and do the second b/c these could be considered 2 seprate request. Your post said no justification was needed. Now i repeat myself

YOUR READS, JUSTIFICATION, AND ANSWER TO MY QUESTIONS.
Ika is scumhunting. Ika feels Ika has the RIGHT to the information Ika needs to figure the game out.
In post 313, ika wrote:
In post 310, Rottweiler wrote:Oh please, what did I do? Is it my fault she was doing nothing even remotely town? Or am I not allowed to think she is scum?

Stop using excuses and start playing, or follow Sakura and replace out

~Wis
Know what now im getting pissed off, i dont know sakeras alignment nor yours nor anyones for that matter, but if you are just gonna be a shithole like this then maybe you should replace out. You obviously dont care for a persons emotions right now and the fact that you cause her to replace out and have no regrets make me just want to lynch you out of policy. If you are going to drill someone to a point where they replace out like that, then you should be the one being replaced.

How about makeyourself useful and think of someone else who might be fucking scum or scum hunt now instead of going "replace out, you suck"

This is a fucking game and if you are going to take it to a point where you are forcing a player to replace out. You need to be slapped and take a hard face of reality. Not everyone can deal with death tunnles and the shit you are doing. I was like that (and sometimes still am) but i dont replace out. If you take it to a point where someone is forced to rplace out. The falt is yours. Now how about you shut up and stay off this thread and do a hard rest or have your partner post for a bit. You have already done enough damage as is.
"How about you be useful instead of obnoxious" is also more common from town.
Scum can get upset with somebody who is being a tool, but there's also an undercurrent of "I demand you start helping town win" on top of the slightly more fakeable "I demand you stop being mean."

Bad lynches:
Greymarble
Ika
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:19 am

Post by MTD »

Why do you feel the need to hard-defend ika instead of yourself?
still the same old MTD
beastcharizard
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
beastcharizard
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:31 am

Post by beastcharizard »

@Grey:

Why did you use Ika like you are talking about yourself? Also, you failed to mention alternative lynches. So it feels like anyone else in the game is fair game as long as you and Ika aren't lynched. Finally, there are like 2 people on Ika and some of us have a town read on them so the defense was probably highly unnecessary.
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:26 am

Post by iamausername »

ika is the worst lynch of all lynches, Aronis was obvtown, ika is obvtown, don't even think about it.

Rottweiler decided that Sakura was going to be scum and then found reasons for her to be scum afterwards. the trouble is, i get the impression that this is a thing that Wisdom would do as town. but just so we're clear, i am 100% voting Rottweiler over Greymarble if that's what the choice is going to be at deadline.

but that shouldn't be the choice. the choice should be Aisa.

& are so goddamn weaselly, "could be a scumtell", "I'm not going to lynch you based on a single piece of evidence" and all of that. Aisa is running screaming from any responsibility for the arguments she is pushing here. and this is not an isolated incident. see also ; on the rare occasions that she actually makes a point against someone instead of asking irrelevant questions to look busy, it's always like "hey this is a thing that someone might find scummy", i'm just going to leave this accusation here, and if you choose to lynch a townie with it, that's your business.

and, again, the bulk of her posting consists of completely meaningless questions that achieve nothing. when i pressed her to give an actual opinion about something (specifically, Aronis), she deflected by claiming that she just needed him to answer another pointless question before she could muster an opinion (). for the record, i pushed this further after Aronis was slated for replacement, but annoyingly, that and her decidedly uninspiring response has been eaten.

deadline is rapidly approaching, and she's sitting on a vote for Sakura because "you're making it impossible for me to discern your alignment" and "I still have a problem with how you are denying the town information". quite aside from the fact that this is absolute bullshit, because Sakura did plenty with which one could determine her alignment, Aisa is trying to pass the responsibility for her vote onto Sakura herself here,
because she knows Sakura will flip town
. and this is what she has done throughout the game. BECAUSE SHE KNOWS WHO IS TOWN AND WHO IS SCUM. BECAUSE SHE IS SCUM. DONE.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:34 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 367, iamausername wrote:Aronis was obvtown
What? How?
Rottweiler decided that Sakura was going to be scum and then found reasons for her to be scum afterwards. the trouble is, i get the impression that this is a thing that Wisdom would do as town. but just so we're clear, i am 100% voting Rottweiler over Greymarble if that's what the choice is going to be at deadline.
Yeah, no. Sakura was scummy from the first moment, acting completely different from her meta and ignoring and joking with the massive wagon on her. And then she only got scummier.
And why the fuck would you vote us?
I'm noting this behavior from you for when Grey flips scum. You are accusing Aisa for bullshit and completely ignoring Sakura and other people (like Albert) who did far worse.
Sakura did plenty with which one could determine her alignment
Oh really? Like what?

~Wis
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:53 am

Post by iamausername »

Aronis displayed a particular kind of cluelessness that is a lot harder for scum to fake than most people seem to believe. i cannot see coming from scum at all.

i would vote you over Greymarble because i think it's more likely that i have incorrectly read you as town than it is that i have incorrectly read Sakura/Greymarble as town.

i am not
ignoring
Sakura, i just intensely disagree with you that anything she did was worse. i am pretty much ignoring Albert, but again, Albert is not trying to disguise the fact that he is contributing absolutely nothing today. if you want to lynch Albert, i'm sure as hell not going to argue.

Sakura gave reads on multiple players, pushed the Dragon Alliance wagon, then pushed your wagon, these are all solid facts that can be used to determine her alignment, in addition to all the more abstract behavioural tells that her level of posting undoubtedly contains. but, like, you seem to believe you've determined her alignment, so why the fuck are you even questioning this?

any more questions?
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:11 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 369, iamausername wrote:Aronis displayed a particular kind of cluelessness that is a lot harder for scum to fake than most people seem to believe. i cannot see coming from scum at all.
The only thing I see in that post is 3 null reads. I don't see any cluelessness or anything to be faked, really. Also don't forget he is a newbie.
Sakura gave reads on multiple players, pushed the Dragon Alliance wagon, then pushed your wagon, these are all solid facts that can be used to determine her alignment,
The reads Sakura gave:
- notscience is obvtown (arguably a joke) ()
- Rottweiler feels town (weak explanation), Hoopla is town (no explanation), Aronis and DA nullscum (no explanation) ()
- notscience is prob. town (weak excuse) ()
- DA is scum (no explanation) ()
- Vote on Rottweiler (no explanation) ()

That's barely giving reads or pushing wagons. It feels more like she needed to give something that resemble reads once in a while so that she's not suspected, and she failed terribly at it.
in addition to all the more abstract behavioural tells that her level of posting undoubtedly contains.
No clue what you mean here, but all her behavioral tells point to her being scum. Including how she reacted to her wagon, how fake was her replace out and her annoyance with my "tunnel" on her, how she interacted with notscience, etc.

~Wis
iamausername
iamausername
Mafia Scum
iamausername
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:27 am

Post by iamausername »

now go find me all the reads Aisa has given and all the wagons she's pushed.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:54 am

Post by Rottweiler »

Aisa maybe didnt make readlists or state too many reads, but she asked people questions and tried to figure them out. Where did Sakura show any intent at all to figure out anyone's alignment?

~Wis
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

i know some people probably won't like this style of play/logic, but i'm basically at the point where i won't lynch a handful of people, but will lynch anyone else.

won't lynch: greymarble, ika, abr, rottweiler

iam's recent posts have been fine and he tends to come good once he's interested, so add him to that list too.

everyone else i don't really have any town tells on, so consider my vote on all of them.
Rottweiler
Rottweiler
Goon
Rottweiler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:56 am

Post by Rottweiler »

In post 373, Hoopla wrote:won't lynch: greymarble, abr
:facepalm:

~Wis

Return to “Completed Open Games”