Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Mini 1563 - Vampire: The Masquerade Mafia (Fourth Evening)

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:43 am

Post by GreyICE »

Layout

General rules - nonspecific to game
Game specific rules - rules that affect this game
Living players list, link to day history.
Opening Flavor

Rules of the Game - Basic

With credit to Nacho, Vi, Neruz, and more (yep, I’m a shameless thief)

Administrative Rules

0: I will moderate this game fairly, but I have final authority.

1:
You may not discuss the game outside the thread. Doing so will result in a mod kill or replacement of all involved and a very unhappy moderator. In the same vein you may not quote any private communication from me or other players including PMs and quicktopic. Finally, you may not post the links to any quicktopics while the game is ongoing.
2:
If you need my attention please PM me or post in bold in the thread. Please notify me of any errors you believe have taken place immediately. The faster I notice what I did wrong, the easier it is to correct.
3:
Modkills will result in the mod-killed player immediately losing the game. I will also then take whatever action is deemed most detrimental (that is, worst) for the faction involved in the modkill. Modkill will never have a positive outcome for your faction.
4:
In the event of Moderator error, the situation will be resolved as fairly as possible to all parties.

Voting and Deadlines:

1. Voting must be bolded (using b or /vote tags) and at the start of the line in the form Vote: Player.
Votes that are not made in this manner will be counted or not counted at the moderator's sole whim. Unvotes are not required to change your vote.
2. I don't mind if you use nicknames/abbreviations when you vote someone. But if I have no idea who you're voting for, then the vote won't be counted.
3. Lynches require votes equal to the majority of the players (Number of living players/2, round up).
4. If there's no majority at deadline, no lynch will occur
5. If you are dead, you may post a single “bah” post that contains any combination of the letters “F” and “U” as well as appropriate Llama pictures.

Prods and Replacements:

Prods will be given if you do not post for 48 hours
If you are prodded, you have 48 hours to post in the thread before being replaced.
2a.
If it is announced you are replaced, you may not post. To keep your spot PM me on the first or second prod and you will have it
if a replacement has not been found.
If you are prodded 3 times and are currently being replaced, you are out of luck.
The second time you are prodded, you will be warned. The third time you are prodded, you will be replaced. The moderator may consider extenuating circumstances, at my SOLE discretion.
If you're V/LA, make sure I know. If you are V/LA for more than a week, you may find a temporary replacement. PM me to discuss this. V/LAs of a week or longer are strongly discouraged, and may be rejected at my sole discretion.
4a.
You will have 24 hours after return from V/LA to post before being prodded.
4b.
At my discretion, I may reject any V/LA requests from players I consider have utilized V/LA to the point where they are no longer active members of the game. You can generally determine if you fall into this category through common sense.
The moderator will attempt to perform activity checks at each vote count. If you note that I have missed a player, you may request a prod.
Night phase will be extended for replacements. Day phase may be extended for replacements, at the sole discretion of the moderator.

General Rules

Gold
is a mod color. You get all the other ones, be happy. I will simply warn gently for the use of Gold and edit the offending post, UNLESS it appears you have deliberately attempted to post in such a way that it appears to be from the moderator. That would make me unhappy.
If you have access, do not edit or delete your posts. Doing so will result in modkill, NO EXCEPTIONS.
Don't quote or 'closely paraphrase' any moderator communication
Do not use invisible text, small text, spoiler text, or any other method of disguising communication. Spoiler boxes are explicitly allowed for the purposes of increased readability,
but votes in them will not be counted.

I am human, I make mistakes. Show me them where you see them.
A basic level of civility is required. This is mafia, emotions run high, but ongoing harassment, insulting, and other issues that threaten the game will not be tolerated.
Links to material outside the game are not allowed, with the exception of static image macros. If you wish to link to a spreadsheet, etc., please turn it into an image macro using a static hosting site such as imgur.
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue May 20, 2014 1:51 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:04 am

Post by GreyICE »

Game Specific Mechanics and Rules

Mechanic 0: If any information in these mechanics is contradicted by your role PM, your role PM will take precedence under all circumstances.

Vitae

All vampires possess Vitae, that they consume to stay alive. At the start of each night, your available Vitae pool will decrease by 1. If this would reduce your Vitae to less than 0, you will enter torpor, removing you from the ranks of living players. (Example: Jesse has 1 Vitae left at the end of night 2. At the start of night 3, he will consume his last Vitae. If he doesn't get more before night 4, he will die at the start of night 4.).

Powers

Vampiric abilities consume Vitae. You may not spend Vitae you do not have. During the Day you may spend all of your vitae (if you have 2 vitae you may spend 2) but you will die immediately at the start of the night phase if you have 0 Vitae.

Lynch

Lynches will give vampires the opportunity to commit Diablarie. Due to the Prince's rules, each vampire must secretly nominate one person they want to have the opportunity to commit Diablarie. Whoever is chosen will receive all of the lynched player's Vitae.

Chosing the Diablarist

Each player, regardless of alignment, may PM the mod with the name of the person they wish to receive the vitae from the lynched player. This may be at any point during the day, or up to 24 hours after the lynch has occurred. After 24 hours, the lynched player will have their role and alignment revealed, and the player chosen will receive all vitae.

Other

You know that due to their deep blood connections, ghouls may communicate telepathically at any time. This is how they coordinate their daring attacks.

You know that this game is a theme game, and flavor is important (but probably not gamebreaking)
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

Our opening Coterie

Shadoweh
Lady Lambdadelta

displaced
ArcAngel9
Empking

Kagami
Aronis
d3x
Kthxbye
vonflare
SpyreX
mnemonicdevice
The Goodfather*

Squirrel Girl
MonkeyMan576
Katsuki*

Gracing us with their presence

Spoiler:
Shadoweh
displaced
SpyreX

Passed to Final Death

Spoiler:
MonkeyMan576
He was
Arnold, Gangrel, 11th Generation
, aligned with the
Vampires

Mnemonic Device - Three-Finger Joseph, Catiff, 14th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, lynched Evening 1
Squirrel Girl
who was
Molly the Misfit, Catiff, 15th Generation
and a Vampire burnt by the sun day 1
Kagami,
Ibtisam the Assassin, Assamite, 8th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, killed during the Second Day
Vonflare,
Abraham Dinter, Blood-Addicted Ghoul
Aligned with the
Ghouls
, burned from within, and died during the Second Day
D3X,
Arm, Tremere, 11th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Second Day
ArcAngel9,
Sandra, Parkour Expert, Toreador, 13th Generation
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Second Day
Kthxbye was Joanna, Street Thug, aligned with the Ghouls, Lynched Evening 3
Katsuki was Machiavelli the Great, Malkavian, 10th Generation, Aligned with the Vampires, killed during the third day.

Their wraith is an ashtray (Modkilled)

Spoiler:
Aronis, Sasha Vykos, Tzimisce, 6th Generation, Modkilled Evening 2 for quoting role PM
Last edited by GreyICE on Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:31 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Something is wrong. This isn’t where you went to sleep.

The thought flows through your veins like a lightning bolt, and you bolt upright, and discover the second thing wrong. You’re trapped in a metal box. A metal… coffin?

Don’t panic. Breathing isn’t necessary. You’re past that, right? Figure it out, figure it out. What’s this? A handle? Did someone make a coffin you can open from the inside?

“Welcome! Welcome, vampires. Well, most of you.”

Dark. Damp. Musty. Is that the smell of… death? Oh god, what is this place, a sewer? Who is talking?

“Each of you is new to my domain, existing in the corners. And that’s important. Because we are being hunted.”

What’s going on? Oh god, that voice, I know that voice…

“So I, your prince, have taken steps to remedy this! I could have killed you all, but I, your prince, am merciful.”

So what, he’s going to let us starve in a sewer? Some mercy.

“We are being hunted, hunted by our own ghouls! And pipsqueaks like you have let them infiltrate us. No class, no standards, no purpose, your meaningless little existences are so irrelevant even ghouls can infiltrate, even ghouls can pose a threat.”

A pause. He doesn’t need to catch his breath, he hasn't in 500 years, he doesn't even have the reflexes anymore. He’s just doing it for drama.

“So show me you’re worth something! Eliminate everything threatening down there, and you’ll have proved your worth.”

Growls? Are some of them desperate enough to do that? Oh god, am I one of the ones growling?

“Stop."

A command. I have to obey. Why obey him? He's insane. But it's so hard not to, I should just stop...

“But you’re going to do it all civilized, with your brains. The way I want you to. Or the flamethrowers in the wall are going to turn on and then, well… I imagine you can guess.”

What sort of idiots make a Malkavian Prince? Or maybe he made himself prince? Is that how it is? I saw that one woman challenge him, she started giggling and bleeding from her ears, and then he tore off her head. Maybe that’s how you become prince, you just kick ass until everyone’s tired of having their asses kicked, or dead? Like dead dead, not ‘drinking blood and acting snooty’ dead?

“Some information for those of you who can think. These ghouls survive by eating vampires, so they’re not going to go down easy. Well easy by
your
standards anyway. They may even have drank enough Vitae they have gained some vampire powers. They can do that you know, they gain power from our blood. Blood is life, and life is blood, after all.”

“Oh, those coffins? They’re probably pretty secure, but I imagine they’re not perfect. The ghouls will probably be able to pry them open, given time. So hurry hurry, children. Have fun, but don't take too long. The sun will be rising soon.”

The first evening begins. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-04-18 21:30:00).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #100 (isolation #4) » Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

The cacophony of debate begins. Everyone watching out for their own interests. So curious to see how they couch their self-serving natures in protestations of doing what is 'for the good of the group.' I do it too of course. Such is what I have learned in my second life. One must always hide one's true nature, lest others profit from it.

The First Official Tally

Aronis
- The Goodfather, SpyreX, displaced
The Goodfather
- Aronis, Empking
kthxbai
- Squirrel Girl, kagami
d3x
- kthxbai
katsuki
- vonflare
Squirrel Girl
- Katsuki

Not Voting:
d3x, MonkeyMan576, LLD

Prodded:
Katsuki, the Goodfather

The first evening continues. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-04-18 21:30:00).
Last edited by GreyICE on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #205 (isolation #5) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The goodfather is being replaced by request. Empking has not responded to his prod, and is being replaced.

Please stand by for vote count
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #206 (isolation #6) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Additionally there were some rules questions earlier. This should clarify the process of picking the diablarist. Please note there will not be a flip until the diablarist is selected, so there are no mechanical benefits to waiting.

In post 1, GreyICE wrote:
Chosing the Diablarist

Each player, regardless of alignment, may PM the mod with the name of the person they wish to receive the vitae from the lynched player. This may be at any point during the day, or up to 24 hours after the lynch has occurred. After 24 hours, the lynched player will have their role and alignment revealed, and the player chosen will receive all vitae.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #209 (isolation #7) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

mnemonicdevice replaces The Goodfather

Thanks for replacing in!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #214 (isolation #8) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:24 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Some say the first thirst is the hardest. They're wrong. The first thirst is the most dramatic. The overpowering need, the rush, the urge overwhelms everything. The second thirst, the one where you are conscious and awake? The one where you make the choice to sink your fangs into a human, to lower them from something you are part of to a mere food supply? That is the hardest thirst. Some spend years, even decades fighting that, drinking from cattle, dogs, even rats, anything to avoid that. But in the end, the thirst must be met. They are not our equals. They are our food.

The Second Official Tally

Aronis
- SpyreX, displaced, Vonflare
Monkeyman
- d3x, squirrel girl
The Goodfather
-Empking
kthxbai
- kagami
d3x
- kthxbai
Squirrel Girl
- Katsuki
Vonflare
- LLD
Kagami
- Monkeyman
Empking
- Aronis

Not Voting:
mnemonicdevice

Prodded:
None

VLA:
kthx, displaced

Being Replaced:
Empking

Last edited by GreyICE on Thu Apr 10, 2014 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #227 (isolation #9) » Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In the deep gloom voices are raised. A din of shouting, and then you see it. A single spark...
fire!
The fear races through your body like a lighning bolt. In the jet you can see a face. A target, briefly. And then the fire washes over him and consumes him, reducing him to ashes. And then it fades.

D3X
has reduced
MonkeyMan576
to ash. He was
and aligned with the
Vampires

The Evening continues. Vote count has been reset.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #270 (isolation #10) » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

ArcAngel9 replaces Empking. Thank you, Arc!
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #298 (isolation #11) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

I removed spoiler text from the post. Text in spoilers (aka the black bars) is not allowed. You can still use spoiler boxes to shorten a long post, as long as you are aware votes in them will not be counted
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #302 (isolation #12) » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:15 am

Post by GreyICE »

This is the game specific rule post: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p5775615
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #335 (isolation #13) » Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

Ghouls. They see themselves as their valued right hand. Those vampires deem the most useful and valuable. And yet we rarely embrace our ghouls. We rarely choose to make them vampires. The logic behind this seeming paradox lies within the fact that ghouls are pathetic. They are the ultimate expression of the fact that humans are beneath us. The mere taste of our blood sends them into a willing, loving slavery. They were made to be our cattle.

This truth explains why so few vampires seek to embrace a ghoul. How could the cow become a butcher?

The Third Official Tally

Aronis
- vonflare,kthxbye
Katsuki
- Aronis
AA9 -
d3x

Voting ForDead People:
Katsuki

Not Voting:
Everyone else

Prodded:
None

VLA:
None

Displaced has 24 hours to post following return from his VLA before Prod.

Last edited by GreyICE on Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #462 (isolation #14) » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Hunger created civilization, and civilization is defined by hunger. Humans came together to grow crops, to hunt animals, to store food for the hard times. Hunger has defined human interaction. Manners developed from rituals on who eats first, to assert dominance. And why else would we need kings and rulers but to define who eats and who doesn't when the hard choices must be made?

Vampires are no different. We too have tended our herd, and we too partake of the bounty we have earned with our labor.

The Fourth Official Tally

Mnemonic Device
- LLD, Aronis, kthx, SpyreX, vonflare, Katsuki
LLD
- AA9
Vonflare
- MnemonicDevice

Not Voting:
Everyone else

Prodded:
None

VLA:
None

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #496 (isolation #15) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:48 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 488, CupcakePanda wrote:TOO MANY FUCKING MILLERS

THEY'RE NOT ALL TOWN

THAT IS ALL.
Hey Katsuki. Do you remember my last game, where I threatened to boot you because you were not only constantly posting on alts, you didn't give a shit about it and in fact deliberately at one point posted on an alt? Or Tales of Vesperia, where you were booted from the game because you not only posted on an alt, you lied about it?

Consider this your last, final, and only warning. Do this again and I will replace you.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #506 (isolation #16) » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:02 am

Post by GreyICE »

A decision

The Final Official Tally

Mnemonic Device
-
LLD, Aronis, kthx, SpyreX, vonflare, Katsuki, kagami

LLD
- AA9
Vonflare
- MnemonicDevice
AA9
- D3X

Not Voting:
Everyone else

You have 24 hours to send me your choice for diablarie. After everyone has send in their choices, or the time has elapsed, a flip will be posted.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #507 (isolation #17) » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

The prince's laughter fills the air.

"So sure of yourselves. And yet here you are. Drinking the blood of one of your fellow vampires, no closer to your escape."

He pauses, briefly.

"Does it weigh on you? You are functionally immortal. Avoid the sun, excessive violence, fire, and find blood, and you could live for eons. And yet you might die here, in the sewers, like a rat. It could have been you."

His laughter rings out.

"Soon, it probably will be."

Mnemonic Device - Three-Finger Joseph, Catiff, 14th Generation Aligned with the Vampires, lynched Evening 1

It is now the day phase. Everyone has 48 hours to PM me with any actions. At the end of those 48 hours, no submissions will be accepted, even if the thread is not currently open.

The first day dawns. Sunset in (expired on 2014-04-20 15:00:00).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #508 (isolation #18) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:59 am

Post by GreyICE »

Have to go on an unscheduled drive today. Flavor tomorrow. All actions are now locked.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #509 (isolation #19) » Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

As the sun slides over the horizon, you open your eyes. Even without sight, you know it is gone. Manipulating the locks takes a few minutes, long enough you are sure the other vampires have risen.

As the lid slides off the coffin, you adjust to the gloom of the sewer. You can see that one of the coffins has been torn open. It looks like it took hours - but they had hours. Hours during the day, when you are helpless, hopeless, alone. Hours you can't move, can't see, are dead.

Only humans can venture into the sun. That's why we grant so many of them our blood. They are our servants, our hands in the daylight. To see them turn like this raises a primal fear. The beast inside you screams for escape.

They dragged her body into the sunlight after they were finished with her. Strangely her remains were burned and twisted like the skin had melted, but her features were all visible. It looks like she was still so human the sun didn't quite do the job, so they snapped her neck.

Squirrel Girl
who was
and a
Vampire
burnt by the sun day 1.

The second evening begins. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-05-05 13:00:00).

With 10 alive, it is 6 to lynch
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #533 (isolation #20) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:35 am

Post by GreyICE »

In post 532, Aronis wrote:
Mod, Can I vote to give myself the diablerie?
You may nominate any player, including yourself.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #566 (isolation #21) » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Another death tally

Vonflare - D3X, Kagami, kthxbye,
LLD - ArcAngel9, Aronis
Aronis - Vonflare

Not Voting:
SpyreX, Katsuki, Displaced, LLD

Displaced has been prodded.

The second evening continues. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-05-05 13:00:00).
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #572 (isolation #22) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:45 am

Post by GreyICE »

Announcement

Mafia is a game of high tension, suspicion, accusations and attacks. Anger and frustration are simply part of the game, and if you try and insist everyone play nice, people will just take it out in a passive aggressive manner (which is more frustrating, and eventually results in enormous fights).

I have bolded the key section of my rules: "This is mafia, emotions run high, but
ongoing
harassment, insulting, and other issues that threaten the game will not be tolerated." Telling people to fuck off once is not an issue. If someone posted after every time another player posted "fuck off dumbo" for the entire game, that would be an issue.

Please do not use my rules as a tool to bludgeon other people (see: passive aggressive attacks). They are meant to draw a line at a level I feel is reasonable, not contribute to an ongoing war.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #576 (isolation #23) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:38 am

Post by GreyICE »

The sound of laughter fills the air.

"Excellent, excellent! I see you are getting along well. Very well!"

Yes, we're the 18th century of reality TV.

"That's the problem with the vampiric condition. So many use eternity to squabble like rats."

Do you think he even knows what a TV is?

"Sadly it is only a few of us who can rise above our nature"

What would he even watch? Historical pieces, like that Tudors show?

"It is our duty to reveal to the rest of the community just how far we have fallen, how vampires today are little better than base animals"

Or maybe he'd really watch reality TV. Do you think he'd be a fan of Jersey Shore?

"So scrabble around in the muck like rats, desperate for the slightest bit of sustenance."

You hear a splash nearby.

There is now a pack of human blood in the muck of the sewer. It will provide a vampire with a small measure of life.

Anyone can grab it and drink it by posting
Drink Blood Pack
or similar. You can feel your inner beast moving at the thought of more blood - attempts to grab and hold the blood pack without drinking it will be unsuccessful.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #580 (isolation #24) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:42 am

Post by GreyICE »

Aronis grabs the blood pack from the muck of the sewer instantly. Barely pausing to clean it off, he rips it open and drinks the blood.

"See, animals! Look at him grasp in the muck for a desperate taste"
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #622 (isolation #25) » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:54 am

Post by GreyICE »

Aronis has been modkilled.
He was
Sasha Vykos, 6th Generation Tzimisce
, formerly aligned with the
Vampires
. He is turned neutral survivor, and now automatically loses the game.

Per the rules, this will result in the worst possible outcome for the town. The day is now over. No vitae will be awarded, because no lynch occurred.

You have 48 hours to send in your night action.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #623 (isolation #26) » Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

Shadoweh replaces LLD
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #624 (isolation #27) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:16 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Again, the sun sets, and again you awaken in your coffin. The stench of the sewer barely makes an impact compared to the sight that greets you.

One coffin lays torn apart, smashed into pieces. Its occupant has been brutally killed, again torn to shreds. And next to that body lies another. It appears to be a mummified corpse, in advance state of decay. When someone kicks it over, smoke rises off of its lips and it begins to collapse, bubbling and steaming.

As you consider, you realize the sun has well and truly set, and only five lids have opened.

"And so we see the inevitable truth. You are as much animals as them. You must eat to survive. And some of you, it appears, haven't eaten."

Two of the coffins lift up, floating upwards.

"That's okay though, we'll find something suitable for these poor unfortunates."

Maybe they're the lucky ones?

"It's only fifteen minutes to the city incinerator after all."

Kagami,
Aligned with the
Vampires
, killed during the Third Day
Vonflare,
Aligned with the
Ghouls
, burned from within, and died during the Third Day
D3X,
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Third Day
ArcAngel9,
Aligned with the
Vampires
, has fallen into Torpor during the Third Day
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #625 (isolation #28) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:17 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The Third Evening Begins

Not Voting: Shadoweh, displaced, Kthxbye, SpyreX, Katsuki
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #631 (isolation #29) » Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by GreyICE »

In post 629, Shadoweh wrote:
@mod: Are you going to announce LYLO?
:eek:

who does this
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #645 (isolation #30) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by GreyICE »

You hear metal squeal as the grate above you is pulled open slightly.

"Vampires! Which one of you is prepared to act like an animal today? Who will sacrifice their dignity for a precious few moments of life?"

You hear a splash somewhere near you.

There is now another pack of human blood in the muck of the sewer.

Anyone can grab it and drink it by posting
Drink Blood Pack
or similar.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #647 (isolation #31) » Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:18 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Katsuki dives into the muck of the sewer, coming up with the blood pack. Not even pausing, he rips it open and devours the contents.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #691 (isolation #32) » Tue May 06, 2014 3:37 pm

Post by GreyICE »

The third evening continues. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-05-12 19:00:00).

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #712 (isolation #33) » Fri May 09, 2014 7:29 am

Post by GreyICE »

The third evening continues. Sunrise in (expired on 2014-05-12 19:00:00).

Vote Count 3.1

SpyreX
- Kthxbye

Not Voting:
Everyone Else
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #758 (isolation #34) » Sun May 11, 2014 9:19 am

Post by GreyICE »

KThxbye has been lynched.

You have 24 hours to send in your diablarie nominations
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #759 (isolation #35) » Thu May 15, 2014 6:37 am

Post by GreyICE »

Yeah, life has been interesting recently. Sorry.

Kthxbye was
Joanna, Street Thug
, aligned with the
Ghouls

Third dawn, 48 hours
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #760 (isolation #36) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Katsuki has been killed. He was
Machiavelli the Great,
Malkavian, 10th Generation, Aligned with the
Vampires.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #761 (isolation #37) » Tue May 20, 2014 1:55 pm

Post by GreyICE »

Evening 4 Begins!

Not Voting: displaced, Shadoweh, SpyreX,

With 3 Alive, it is 2 to lynch
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #774 (isolation #38) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:21 am

Post by GreyICE »

Uh, site interruption sucks. Might as well end this.

Displaced has been lynched. He was aligned with the vampires. So was Shadoweh.

SpyreX, Vonflare, and kthxbye, the ghouls, have won the game!

More later, including possibly flavor.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #776 (isolation #39) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:23 am

Post by GreyICE »

Sorry Kagami.

You're still my MVP for this game. You damn near carried the town despite the town's best efforts.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #779 (isolation #40) » Wed May 28, 2014 10:55 am

Post by GreyICE »

Role PMs!

Vampires:
Spoiler: Kagami

Ibtisam was hired by the prince for one single reason: to find the ghouls who were feeding on the city's vampires, and eliminate them. Unfortunately for him, Ibtisam was a killer, not a detective. Clues were as meaningless to him as rain to a fish, and his attempts to set up ambushes ended in failure. The prince has clearly grown tired of waiting for results.

Serpant's Touch (Cost 2):
Your blood becomes poison, and you make a strike with it. Your poisonous blood will consume 1 Vitae per night from the target. When a target (vampire or ghoul) reaches zero vitae, they will combust, the poison burning through their veins and killing them. There is no known cure.

Blood Curse:
You may not gain vitae from the lynch of a vampire (lynch of anything else, or human blood, is perfectly acceptable)

Vitae:

Victory:
You win when the prince deems there's no one who threatens vampires in his domain remaining (you may share this victory)

Alternative Victory:
Assamites delight in slaughter. If there are no unpoisoned players remaining alive at the end of the game, you win (you may share this victory).

Spoiler: MonkeyMan576

Arnold is an investment banker. He managed a number of investments, the nature of which did not really concern him – the only thing that worried him was making money. One day a man in a business suit approached Arnold, offering him a deal. He needed to cause a company to fall, and then Arnold would have money and power beyond his wildest dreams. He agreed. When he returned to his apartment, he was assaulted by a strange woman. The woman tore out his throat, and left him for dead, but Arnold's maid happened to stumble across him while he was bleeding out. When Arnold awoke, he was left with a strange thirst, and the body of his maid laying on the ground where he'd left her.

Eyes of the Beast (Cost 1):
Choose 1: Learn the identities of all players who targeted you during the night, OR learn who another player targeted during the night.

Vitae:

Victory:
You win when the prince deems there's no one who threatens vampires in his domain remaining, and at least one vampire remains alive.

Spoiler: d3x

Arm was always a scholar. Ambiguous in life, ambiguous in death, Arm is an extension of the library. They are a servant of the chantry, and the ghoul threat threatens the chantry. Arm exists to learn, to store knowledge, and to use it to protect the chantry. And Arm will fulfill their function.

Conflagration (Cost: 3 Vitae):
Arm can channel the power of burning fire to reduce a single target to ashes. Be they ghoul or vampire or something stranger still, all fall before the power of the burning flame. You may use this power at any time, but if you use it during the night you cannot conceal that it was you, but must announce your usage in thread using any appropriate format (I prefer 'Burn to Ashes: XXXXX')

Vitae:

Victory:
You win when the prince deems there's no one who threatens vampires in his domain remaining, and at least one vampire remains alive.

Spoiler: Empking

Sandra wasn't the founder of Parkour, but she was its devoted disciple. She practiced for 14 years, traversing urban spaces at will. She focused on the artistry, selecting only the most beautiful and elegant ways to move through the urban spaces. Occasionally she stole, or smuggled drugs, or did something else to let her travel to a new city, but it was all in pursuit of her art. Until she slipped on a rainy awning, and fell four stories. Her leg was smashed beyond recovery. While she was in the hospital, a strange woman approached her. She said that Sandra was an artist who could not be lost.

Now Sandra can't see the sun, has a thirst for blood... and can't run through cities. Becoming undead doesn't fix everything. That's okay though, there are other talents.

Extrasensory Perception (Cost 2):
Your mind observes someone's form during the day. At the end of the day, you will learn what sort of supernatural aura they exude, if any.

Vitae:

Victory:

Spoiler: Aronis
Sasha Vykos, Tzimisce, 6th Generation

You were visiting the city. It's always amusing to observe what these Camarilla idiots are up to, and you knew it was going to be something stupid and amusing. Unfortunately, you are now stuck in the middle of it. You'll eliminate these ghouls, if only to show that no one outwits Sasha Vykos. Then you can take your revenge at leisure.

Shape the Flesh (Cost 2):
Choose another player. You reshape their body to form a shield for you as you sleep. Any actions that target you will target them instead. If you would be killed, they will lose 2 vitae - if reduced to 0 vitae this way they instantly die.

Vitae:

Victory:

Modnote: If Sasha was lynched or killed, it would dissolve into a pool of blood, and get a quicktopic to mock/converse with the killing player. It's not so easy to actually kill Sasha Vykos.

Spoiler: displaced
Mike the Lawyer, Brujah, 12th Generation

Mike was a lawyer who devoted himself to criminal defense. Everyone from street punks to corporate types, Mike took pride in keeping his clients out of prison. He hates the prison systems. One day, Mike was approached by a street punk with piercings who wanted some advice. Only his client never met during the day. A little bit of background checks later, and... well, you can guess the rest.

Awe (Cost: 1 Vitae):
Your opinion carries extra weight. For this night your votes count for double with all those willing to listen. If players are in danger of losing (which would most likely happen if eliminating someone aligned with you would result in the ghouls eating all of you) this ability will fail.

Vitae:

Victory:
Ability failed in LyLo. Because stealing a doublevote is broken.
Spoiler: LLD
Veronica, Gangrel,13th Generation

Veronica worked diligently in life to preserve the local wolf pack. A forest ranger, Veronica tried to do her best to fight against the people who said the wolves should be eliminated. A strange hippy who smelled of loam and mold showed up one day and offered help. Her eyes were amber. She offered money and support. And one day she embraced Veronica. Now Veronica is not so sure she cares about the wolves – but their blood tastes delicious.

Earth Meld (Cost: 1 Vitae):
All actions that target you during the day fail.

Vitae:

Victory:

Spoiler: Katsuki
Machiavelli the Great, Malkavian, 10th Generation

You are Nicolo Machiavelli! Or was is Benito? You can never remember. But you know that you are destined for greatness. You think you were born in a city with rivers. Certainly Venice! Or Chicago! One of those Italian cities. Whatever. You're here to run the place. Or write the place? How did this go?

Telepathy (1 Vitae):
Pick one player. You can telepathically communicate with that player for the remainder of the game.

Possession (4 Vitae):
You gain control of target player. You have all of their abilities and their role. If they were a ghoul, you gain their abilities and their form, but you do not have access to any form of communication they had, nor do you know the other ghouls.

Vitae:

Victory:
Not actually Machiavelli, of course. Or maybe he was. What's identity to a Malkavian, anyway?
Spoiler: TheGoodfather
Three-Finger Joseph, Catiff, 14th Generation

A small time con-man, Joe knew a big score when he saw it. Rob was in his mid thirties, and loaded. Sure, he always seemed depressed, and he liked strange things, but it sure beat running street cons and worrying some guys with accents in suits would show up for the rest of his fingers. What's some kinky sex compared to that? Of course that was before something went wrong. The next thing he knew, he was in front of some asshole who was calling himself a Prince (in America!) and Rob was dust. Now he's got to make it on his own.

Blush of Life
– Joseph can choose not to spend any Vitae during the day phase. If so, he can use no other abilities, and will appear human to all vampiric senses.

Brave the day
– Joseph isn't immune to the powers of the sun, but he's found he can maintain a sort of semi-consciousness. He can observe another vampire, and determine what sort of powers were used on them during the day (but not who used them).

Vitae:

Victory:
Spoiler: SquirrelGirl

Molly was an exile, always on the outside, looking in. A simple story. Met a guy, in a club, thought he was pretty. He found her pretty too, and she went back to his place. One accident later, and well, now she has these powers. Her teeth have turned into fangs, although she can still eat food, and she always gets tired right before the sun comes up. She's got no idea what happened, but she knows she's got to stick to the shadows.

Nearly Human
– Molly is so close to a human that she does not naturally consume vitae. You will not lose any vitae at the start of the night. She will also appear as human to vampiric senses.

Vitae:

Victory:

Ghouls:
Spoiler: Kthxbye
Joanna, Street Thug

Joanna was born on the streets. She was raised by her older brother, a member of the Hell's Angels, until he died when she was 12. She found herself loosely supported by the club, but she was mostly left on her own. She fought with the best, until she found a new person. Someone who wanted to make a name for himself on the streets. He was gonna be a street king, bring a new age. Joanna happily followed him for years Some rituals and stuff were a little weird, but he gave Joanna direction – until a woman named Sally killed him. Once he was dead, Joanna found she didn't remember anything compelling about any of the rhetoric – but Sally gave her a new purpose. Her former 'master' was a predator who had turned her into just another piece of street meat. And Joanna ain't gonna let anyone get away with that.

Potence (Cost: 2 vitae):
Joanna can enhance her strength, which will allow her to tear one night kill into pieces. While you will learn their name and clan, the rest of the vampires will not. All they will learn is the nature of who you killed (human, ghoul, vampire, etc.).
If you use this power you will not gain any ability or blood from the kill.

Vitae:

Factional Abilities:

Telepathic Communication
– you may chat in this quicktopic: -Redacted-
Daylight Murders
– During the day you may kill 1 player. You will receive half the Vitae that player has, rounded down.
The power in the blood:
You may use the power of any vampire you kill on the subsequent day or night (depending on the power). If you do not use it, the power will be lost.

Win Condition: 
You win when all other non-ghoul players are dead and at least one ghoul survives, or nothing can prevent the same.

Spoiler: SpyreX
Sally-Mae, Former Investment Banker

Sally was an up-and-coming star. Despite her poor southern background, her intelligence and nose for blood lead her first to a job on a ground floor of a major investment banking firm in New York, then to the higher offices, and finally to partnership – and the notice of a powerful vampire. After a glass of odd-tasting wine, he explained the life of a ghoul to her. Apparently he expected unquestioned obedience. He probably didn't expect the self-defense classes, or that she always carried a gun, or that the candlesticks on the table would end up triggering his fear of fire.

Sally decided she should be the one who reaped the benefits of eternal life. Unfortunately all the vampire's blood left her with was some strange knowledge, and shakes that could only be quieted by a little more of that thick, red blood.

Command (2 Vitae):
Sally can use this ability during any night phase to compel a player to focus their attentions on another. That player can only use abilities on the chosen target until the next night. This does NOT force them to use any abilities. (ex. You may force Vi to target Flay during the remainder of this night and the next day phase. Any abilities Vi uses must be used on Flay. This will NOT force Vi to use any abilities)

Vitae:

Factional Abilities:

Telepathic Communication
Daylight Murders
– During the day you may kill 1 player. You will receive half the Vitae that player has, rounded down.
The power in the blood:
You may use the power of many vampires you kill on the subsequent day or night. If you do not use it, the power will be lost. Note that some powers are simply beyond your command - only the undead can master those powerful disciplines.
Not a Vampire
: You do not naturally consume vitae.

Win Condition:
You win when all other non-ghoul players are dead and at least one ghoul survives, or nothing can prevent the same.

Spoiler: Vonflare

In the 18th century Abe was a manservant to one of the most powerful people in Alabama. Despite being a woman, Mary Dinter was perhaps the most powerful person in Tenessee. The collapse of the slave trade had not damged the Dinter family, and Mary ran it with an iron fist. Abe was her favorite... up until she was killed by another vampire – one who tore her apart with teeth and claws. At first, Abe was motivated to hunt vampires for revenge, but soon it became to quiet his growing thirst, and now he knows that he needs that blood. Without it, he's just a 160 year old man, and he's under no illusions what happens then.

Blood is life
– Abe consumes blood as per vampire rules.

Factional Abilities:

Telepathic Communication
Daylight Murders
The power in the blood: You may use the power of any vampire you kill on the subsequent day or night (depending on the power). If you do not use it, the power will be lost.

Win Condition:

Up to scum whether they wanted to share the QT.

D3X's ability couldn't be stolen, everything else was fair game.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #784 (isolation #41) » Thu May 29, 2014 2:58 am

Post by GreyICE »

(oh, side note, LLD won - if you have to be replaced from one of my games due to my personal error, you get an automatic win)

Kagami - pretty good breakdown! SpyreX's roleblocker was loud for two reasons: first, because roleblock/redirect is pretty cruel when you are burning your vitae to get things done, and because its major purpose was to stop some sort of breaking strategy.

As you might have guessed, there's a lot of ways to get information in this game, and I wanted there to be outplay opportunities from both scum and town. The scum didn't have fake claims, they had a list of clans and I'd give them a claim if they asked for one based on what clan and power they wanted. Obviously in a heavy flavor game like this I can't leave them out to dry entirely, but I thought that was a good balance between that and "there's no doctors in the game, so feel free to claim it"

(also spelling mistakes might dot my games now and in the future. I'm hardly perfect ;) I wouldn't recommend people read too much into the exact spelling of things)
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #787 (isolation #42) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:10 am

Post by GreyICE »

If I were to revise the rule, I'd change it to "appropriate penalties will be taken to ensure no faction will ever benefit from a modkill" which in this case probably would have meant a diablarie vote. The meta of strategic modkills (which was always shady and looked down on) is long passed.

All replacements had full information.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #789 (isolation #43) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:27 am

Post by GreyICE »

Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #791 (isolation #44) » Thu May 29, 2014 5:32 am

Post by GreyICE »

They were sent the full role PM, and any actions their slot had previously taken.

I assumed they'd have read the thread for other rules, etc., which may have been a mistake, since I kind of feel in at least one case that didn't really happen.
Show

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #801 (isolation #45) » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:42 pm

Post by GreyICE »