vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:54 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

@yates: better targets: Zzzx, kid A, scar. Other lurkers im forgetting.
Aronis is a safe shot. The timing is very odd also.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Umbrage
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Umbrage
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:41 am

Post by Umbrage »

That was almost definitely a town kill. Scum don't shoot lurkers, and no scum would use a daykill on D1.

Can someone summarize the Rufflig case for me? Why vote him over obvscum beastcharizard?
I'll explain it to you. You have to get someone else to understand it for you.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:02 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 607, vezokpiraka wrote:Why the fuck did someone shoot aronis now.
There were so many better targets.
I can think of a few reasons. The most obvious one being that he was ultra confirmed town. I'm not sure why it wasn't used on me, but I know that TheAdmiral was online at the time. I should have instantly checked for everyone online, but I didn't think of it until now, and now it's too late. One thing's for sure, I'm not the first one that suggested the possibility of Aronis being the Scarlet Witch(even though it was wrong).

I'm not going to search for the exact post, but Yates earlier comment about playing more metroid. Yielded this picture for me Photoshop Mashup
and further inspection of the Scarlet Witch yielded this video

I can also see it being used to start a flash wagon. I didn't know how right I was on the reads, but I don't think any of these five people should make it to endgame unless proven otherwise by definitive in game confirmation: Ruflig, Squirrel Girl, Yates, ZZZX, TheAdmiral.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/any

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

@Umbrage: you're actually right, bc is really obvscum, and I almost want to move my vote there because some small part of me can still imagine ruffles being severely misguided town fond of misreps. ZZZX is also scum. Honestly I would be fine with any of those three lynches.

I'm not gonna go point by point through ruffles' last post unless there is a really big desire from anyone other than him for me to do so. I recognize that continuing to batter at him would be more likely to get the lynch I want to happen, but I'm really just kind of tired of it? There is a chance I'll change my mind when I'm in a more fiery mood.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:33 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Also whoever shot Aronis is a moron.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:35 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

Josh is probably town for the completely batshit logic in his more recent posts
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:48 am

Post by Josh_B »

In post 615, Yates wrote:
In post 610, ZZZX wrote:So I posted after him and influenced his post before me

This logic is flawless...
Thank you for restating my point. Josh claimed I was your scum buddy because I didn't include your "rolefish" in my summary of why Aronis's post wasn't a rolefish. I'm saying that your post obviously
did not
influence the post before it. Is that really unclear?
For further evidence, I will also call into question the post of role fishing that displaced was referring to, and your reasoning for referring to the post that you referred to. Because, I don't see the justification from displaced on the Aronis vote until much, much later.
In post 70, displaced wrote:Back from v/la

vote Aronis

Perhaps we should wait on displaced to identify the post he was referring to.
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:50 am

Post by Josh_B »

I think my vote was reset. I'm putting it back where it was just to make sure.

VOTE: ZZZX
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:52 am

Post by mozamis »

Not properly caught up, but had a quick skim and:
Bizzarre day kill. The mind boggles if it was town, which seems likely.
I also agree with Chandra, Josh's train of thought is probably too leftfield to come from scum. Aronis being almost confirmed town? SqG, Rufflig and Yates good lynch targets? Josh, are you serious? But seems more confused town than scum.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:53 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Just quickly, everyone poo-pooing the Aronis kill as a bad kill is either dumb or scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:06 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

Pardon me if my posting is not coherent. I have tasks that I am attending to as I work here. (I may also not be sober. :shifty: )
In post 161, Yates wrote:Further, you have intimate knowledge of my scum game. If you're Town, use it.
That is why towreading you is of questionable wisdom, deary. A town you is no moron, and evidence of derp play is evidence of a scum PM. However, you are correct that I need to refresh my knowledge on the specifics of your scumplay.
In post 175, Umbrage wrote:
In post 173, ZZZX wrote:Let me explain a few things.

First off I am not a newb. I did about 10 mafia games total with a nice win rate

Anyway a question pops up. Why am I doing those silly mistakes?

Its clearly a reaction test. I find that my wagon got fast and without a reason mainly. I also find A's defense really lazy. The I just sheeped answer is a risky and useless answer to use. So some town points for you. But I still find that vote weird.

Out of all who voted Mr I found less than half writing reasons that are just being overlooked. I guess scum always goes for middle seats in a wagon.

Anyway @people calling me scared for vla my high-school's results were being published so I had some personal issues :D

Currently on phone. I will make a general reads as soon as I go to my PC.
^ town
Perhaps. Pulling the 'reaction test' card in general I see as being butterscotch, especially if done on oneself. You are correct that it is more likely to be from town given the tone, but I do not share your certainty.
In post 205, Nero Cain wrote:^^^^
that's the town Pid that I'm familiar with
Indeed it is.
In post 220, PeregrineV wrote:Last one I remember I was town and town-read you, and you flipped it.
My point precisely. You are expecting me to townread you for playing the same way you did as town last game.

VOTE: PeregrineV.
In post 224, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Can you link to said game?
My last completed game was Aircraft Madness.
In post 224, UnfriendlyNeighbors wrote:Something that is REALLY bothering me is Aunt J. She calls out PV for his entrance, PV comes into the thread again and ignores her, and she just acts like it hasn't happened in the next post. It's bizarre behaviour - surely if you were calling someone out in the manner which she did PV, you expect some kind of response, and flip your shit when you're ignored?

ZZZX might be scum, that reaction test was bullshit and he's trying to force things like "nice win rate" down our throats to make himself look good. But on the otherside of the spectrum, it could just be derptown. :/
You have your answer for why I did not pursue him further. Grinny I was waiting for a reply for, thus, I pursued Zexxy.
In post 240, Squirrel Girl wrote:The joke will be on them in 2015 when I finally reveal...I'M A MAN!
This much is obvious.
In post 283, Umbrage wrote:dear god I'm actually going to have to make an EFFORT this game, aren't I?
Perhaps not once Easter has passed, as I will be putting in effort myself then.
In post 306, Umbrage wrote:HE'S WRONG AS SHIT BUT THAT DOESN'T MAKE HIM SCUM
My experience of him differs, in that him being "wrong as shit" is
precisely
what makes him scum.
In post 338, Josh_B wrote:Are there some people here who have played with him before?
It really looks like he's flying under the radar here compared to his more active play in other games.
I am familiar enough with his games (he is not familiar with me, however) to tell you this is in fact mildly (but not definitively) indicative of his alignment being sour rather than sweet.
In post 380, BulbaFenix wrote:
In post 372, jklash12 wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: pisgey

I like rufflig's case on pidgey plus pidgeys reaction lately makes pidgey look scummy to me.
This looks opportunistic as fuck to me.

-Fenix
The vote I had an issue with was not this one, but displaced's vote.
In post 399, Kid A wrote:im sheeping this wagon because it is better than anything i have come up with

VOTE: pidgey
Do share what you had come up with before this, for there is nothing good on the pidgey wagon.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
Aunt Jemina
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Aunt Jemina
Goon
Goon

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:38 pm

Post by Aunt Jemina »

In post 429, mozamis wrote:Yeah this post from Yates looks really town. He's confident, combative and thinking hard about the game. Obviously, he could be very good scum, but no way is he a Day 1 lynch.

Whoever made the point abut ZZx and smilies, I agree. It's obviously not a "cast iron tell", but he did look nervous. Could just be his playstyle, ut he has to be on the lynch pile for today.
I'm having a hard following some of Josh B's posts (what is "plox"?). But no strong read on him.
Wasn't that keen on Squirrell Girl's vote for me. But I think she was just on the wrong track rather than scummy. The way she is arguing with Yates - defending herself strongly without seeming paranoid/over defensive is quite hard to fake as scum. Prob. town.

Nero probably town - he is certainly different from "Always Sunny", where he was much more "GO-GO LYNCH!". Don't really agree with him about Yates, but he looks like he is thinking about the game.
In post 196, displaced wrote:
In post 125, pidgey wrote:I dunno i have no reads yet nero seems town for now.

Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"

vote: Displaced
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
These statements dont really tally
This looks a bit like bollocks to me. Those statements clearly do tally. He was accusing you of "throwing some dirt and seeing if it will stick" -but without really committing to a read. (You didn't say "Moz is scum").
Pos. scum.

Not really sure about Pidgey. He seems to be accusing Squirrel of buddying without explicitly saying so. Clairifucation would be good. Null.

Up to page 8.
I'm letting you know here that if your quality of play drops after D1, I'm lynching you for being scum. (In-joke; mozzy is a townread.)

VOTE: Josh_B.
In post 570, mozamis wrote:Right, Yates last post about Rufflig makes him look very town to me. It's completely logical, doesn't seem to misrep or exaggarare or obfuscate in anyway, and seems completely open and transparent. If he is scum, then he is very, very good. But seems unlikely as hell.
Rufflig, I care about the argument and dislike the fact that you seem to be trying to shut it down. Also, why would you give up on trying to get your two best scum reads lynched this early in the game? Also, I think I understand why you think Pidgey is scum. But your scum read on Chandra seems pretty much just OMGUS, please explain.
He is very, very good, but not in this way. I am indeed inclined to believe this is a town Yates. However, I do not believe he is correct about fliggy. To me, fliggy seems to be attempting to create discussion, but to be the one directing it. I see that as being town who does not understand that they are not the largest fish in this pond, not as scum.
This is indicative of an anti-town ability that is hoping to masquerade as town later by not shooting obvtown.

I realize that my reads may not be exactly clear. Unfortunately I have neither the time nor energy to create a reads list, however, I will answer what my read on a specific player is and why on request. (Mainly townreads of various strength.) However, three reads that I feel the need to comment on: I feel as if there is precisely one scum between Ragey, Vezzy, and Grinny. If I were to guess right now, it would be Grinny.
Have a cookie. It makes everything better.
UniversalSlutBus
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
UniversalSlutBus
Townie
Townie

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:34 pm

Post by UniversalSlutBus »

Just an FYI/prod dodge, JKM is out of town for the week and I'm having internet issues, most likely won't be able to post til tomorrow or Tuesday.

Alexcellent
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:03 pm

Post by displaced »

In post 196, displaced wrote:
In post 125, pidgey wrote:I dunno i have no reads yet nero seems town for now.

Displaced looks scummy with his last post since that seems like a little "throw some dirt and see if it sticks"

vote: Displaced
In post 136, pidgey wrote:Also to whoever asked, i feel that going out of his way to just mentiona point anout something without really commiting to a read was what made me weary of displaced
These statements dont really tally
This looks a bit like bollocks to me. Those statements clearly do tally. He was accusing you of "throwing some dirt and seeing if it will stick" -but without really committing to a read. (You didn't say "Moz is scum").
Pos. scum.[/quote]

Thanks for redrawing my attention to this AJ.

Right Moz, the reason it doesnt tally is because I wasnt making a read on you. I was taking issue wiith your scumhunting methods, namely giving out townreads for weak reasons. Given ~setup spec~ don't you think this is an arse first way of approaching this game?
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:03 am

Post by ZZZX »

In post 632, Josh_B wrote:I think my vote was reset. I'm putting it back where it was just to make sure.

VOTE: ZZZX
In post 631, Josh_B wrote:
In post 615, Yates wrote:
In post 610, ZZZX wrote:So I posted after him and influenced his post before me

This logic is flawless...
Thank you for restating my point. Josh claimed I was your scum buddy because I didn't include your "rolefish" in my summary of why Aronis's post wasn't a rolefish. I'm saying that your post obviously
did not
influence the post before it. Is that really unclear?
For further evidence, I will also call into question the post of role fishing that displaced was referring to, and your reasoning for referring to the post that you referred to. Because, I don't see the justification from displaced on the Aronis vote until much, much later.
In post 70, displaced wrote:Back from v/la

vote Aronis

Perhaps we should wait on displaced to identify the post he was referring to.

Dear Diary, I found another guy who ignored my reply to him and uses same BS argument which has been proven so false. While he is saying I did things I didnt do such as Role Fishing.

Also the dear town has been ignoring my posts with only Yates replying to them. I am actually liking him for that.

Now I got voted for reasons that do not exsist while scum pushes me for fake reasons and noone notices.

This seems like a normal day indeed.

#ZZZX

Vote Josh_B
Scum and trying to ignore all my points. Perfectly clear scum play.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:04 am

Post by ZZZX »

Reason for using bigger than normal letters? for I had 6 posts in rows which got ignored as if I am not even in the game.
mozamis
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
mozamis
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:21 am

Post by mozamis »

@ Displaced -There were two different issues here.
1) You questioned my scum hunting methods.
2) Pidgey thought you were insinuating Moz scum without explicitly committing to a read. You then attacked Pidgey for making two incompatible statements. I argued they were in fact compatible - "they clearly do tally". Pidgy said you were "throwing dirt" (insuating I was scum without actually saying so) and then that you were not "really committing" to a scum read. Which, to all intents and purposes, are the same thing.

So, you were wrong on point 2) - Pidgy's statememts did tally.

But you might be right about point one. Obviously, making a town read based on someone's posting style on the first page is not always going to hold up for the rest of the game. But early on, you haven't got much to go on, so I don't think it's that bad an approach. And really, regardless of efficacy, as my namesake said "I can't help the way I feel" (The Smiths, "Is It Really So Strange?"). In other words, it was a gut feeling, which is as good a place to start as any.

Not sure where that leaves with my read on you. The fact that you have (via AJ) gone back to the begiing of the game and are asking questions makes me lean town, because it appears as if you are making an effort to scumhunt.

@ AuntJ - good to see you again. I will try and hold off mislynching you until at least Day 3, I promise ;)
AuntJ I find hard to read, but at the moment I would say town.
You've reached that age, Listy. 24, 25...Your muscles give up, they wave a little white flag of surrender and without any warning at all, you're suddenly a fat bastard...
Yates
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Yates
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:22 am

Post by Yates »

Happy Easter!

I'll be caught up tonight or [more likely] tomorrow.
Coming soon: 50 Shades of Null
Please pm me to pre-in
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:36 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

In post 604, Josh_B wrote:
In post 600, ThAdmiral wrote: to clarify, however, I thought
your
post was terrible because you were attempting to drum up support for a kida lynch using his inexperience, tendency to jump from wagon to wagon, and fear that he could negatively impact the game later (when there are less people) as reasons. None of these relate to him actually being scum, just a hinderence. In fact you imply he is town with the line "what's he going to be like when the town pool is getting smaller and smaller and the scum are becoming more and more manipulative in their play style?", i.e. if you think he is liable to be manipulated by the scum clearly you don't think he is one.
Yep, that's what I meant. And that's what I thought you would say. Keeping a pioneer around is only helpful for scum, so I'm putting your clarification in my scum pile. For further clarification of my stance, Pioneers play against the Town wincon, and I consider them to be as lynch worthy as any mafia. If any body wants to keep talking about this, link it to an Out of Game thread and we can go over some opinions on it. (I don't think it would be illegal, considering it would be a general theory discussion about playing to your wincon, and justifiable policy lynches not specific to this game).
We'll talk postgame. Essentially I know where you are coming from but I think you are wrong.
In post 612, beastcharizard wrote:
Are all Daykillers town sided? I have never been in a game with one and at first I thought it was a modkill.
Either town or self. Daykill is generally a little too powerful for scum.
In this case its probably town because I don't see why scum would shoot a lurker, although I don't see a great deal of reason why town would either at this stage. If it's limited daykills that was a real waste.
In post 621, Yates wrote:Link fix: Harry Potter
This game again. Stop reminding me yates!
In post 630, Chandra Nalaar wrote:Josh is probably town for the completely batshit logic in his more recent posts
I think its more because he is flagrantly making enemies which wouldn't be very clever scum play.
In post 634, Nero Cain wrote:Just quickly, everyone poo-pooing the Aronis kill as a bad kill is either dumb or scum.
Why is this?
Don't ask me to provide self meta
displaced
displaced
Goon
displaced
Goon
Goon

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:08 am

Post by displaced »

@Josh: It was actually post #20 (Looking back at this it was more a flavourfish than a rolefish but *shrug*)

@Yates: Jason's Dr Who large theme had a town anytime vig, which was used exclusively in the day.

@Daykiller: Use your role productively, that is utilize its potential to serve as a double day.

@Moz: but I didnt insinuate you were scum ! Fwiw I dont disagree with townhunting in general, it's a useful technique but I think it's one that leads to bad places here if setup assumptions are correct.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:42 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

I've seen scum dayvigs, don't write it off as impossible.

VOTE: beast
Josh_B
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Josh_B
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:57 am

Post by Josh_B »

@ZZZX, and everyone.
In post 7, ZZZX wrote:hey Squirrel did you draw Squirrel :D

#thread
-First role fishing
In post 16, ZZZX wrote:
In post 15, Aronis wrote:Where did I imply that I was a Doctor?

Are you a pumpkin that shoots lazors out of its ass?

I am pretty sure thats aweasom. Marvel prob bought it
Although, This isn't as direct as Ruflig and SqG, I still deem it role fishing,
In post 20, Aronis wrote:
In post 19, Kid A wrote:i got the worst marvel character does anyone want to trade
I probably won't, but who did you get?
-Here's the "minor role fishing attempt" that Ruflig and displaced referred to.
My read suggests that Yates was purposely mischaracterizing the Aronis role fishing attempt. By calling post 15 the attempt, but then by not adding the continued role fishing that went along with it.
Chandra Nalaar
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Chandra Nalaar
she/any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:14 am

Post by Chandra Nalaar »

The ZZZ posts aren't rolefishing.
ZZZX
ZZZX
Survivor
ZZZX
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:16 am

Post by ZZZX »

So asking squirrel a question that is clearly a joke in a game where scum prob gets fake claims is role fishing?

What about 4 people trying to guess name for art role? Looks like its only at me?

P-edit:ninja'D
Squirrel Girl
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Squirrel Girl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:35 am

Post by Squirrel Girl »

In post 600, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 561, Squirrel Girl wrote:
In post 553, ThAdmiral wrote:
In post 454, Squirrel Girl wrote:Yeah, but that's the point though. i think all I did was basically re-state what was already contained in that post, and you didn't even seem to buy half of it, but suddenly your demeanor went from 'can lynch SG' to 'pals with SG' it didn't feel like a legit mental shift considering the interaction. That's why I called it out.
K. I mean does it make you think I'm scum or not. If not I don't really see the point in bringing it up.
And I've been debating this, but I suppose my answer is - yes, yes it does make me think you might be scum. Mostly because it doesn't feel like a logical mental shift, which makes me feel like the presented stances from you are false because they don't flow logically. I also feel like you're being evasive in this discussion.
cool
:evil:
In post 608, Yates wrote:
In post 599, Squirrel Girl wrote:how Yates decided to start supporting [the Ruffling wagon] from the sidelines
You know what? Before I lose my crap, why don't you tell me how I supported the Ruffling wagon from the sidelines. Because, again, I think we have VERY different interpretations. I'm assuming you mean post 569, yes? The post where I jumped square in the middle of the ring and refereed? If so, I think you'd have an easier time mischaracterizing that as a defense/buddy post. Just saying.
It would be a defense of Pidgey, not Ruffling - you saying Ruffling has no value in what he's saying and attacking him as useless during a wagon build on him is support from the sideline.

Vote: Yates

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”