Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2275 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:44 am

Post by Magua »

In post 2213, Nachomamma8 wrote:Lily generally seemed decently town, so Magua gets to skate a little bit by extension.
Who
is
was Lily?

---
In post 2132, Sakura Hana wrote:No, mala hates scum roles, i dont think she'd have replaced into notscience's slot if she read it was a scum slot.
I defaulted to this thinking about Mala as well, but it lasted in my head only until I ran into this post:
In post 2161, Malakittens wrote:Man you are lucky ns is sick and replaced out because he'd be screaming his head off at you because he hates when people accuse him of scum when he's not and your reads have been so bad. You'll be sitting in the dead QT shaking your head when you see afterall that we are town and you hardpushed a town since you replaced in.

I can't defend myself from my pred's actions, so how about you actually give something that I have done scummy. You are attacking a slot who's owner is not here to defend themselves against anymore.
God this is so superAmishedtellterribad. It literally is saying "Welp I know that my predecessor was pretty scummy but that was them and this is me and I'm going to pre-emptively dismiss all of that." It's all very =/. I'm incapable of having a townread on notscience as a player, but I was really hoping that I'd be able to get an easy townread on Mala and I don't have it.

But Pim is still scummier, because Pim's posts are delays: "will get to this," "soon", etc, followed up with no follow through. Pim just feels like scum who is trying to drag but not actually wanting to post content to avoid tying to anyone. The only argument against Pim-scum that I've seen is "loldoublevoter" which, as someone who has had a scum doublevoter in a role madness game, I find less than compelling.

So.

I'm encouraged by Victor not voting Pim, that makes me super happy, and am discouraged by Malakittens voting Pim, so they balance out. I find Malakitten's discredting of notscience super-goddamn-scummy, way more than I ever found notscience himself. But both Pim and Victor are much scummier.

Sakura remains town, Varsoon remains town, vezok remains town (thank-fucking-god).

Scumwise, S->W it's Victor, Pim, Mala.
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2276 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:28 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

lily is hanasawa.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2277 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:40 am

Post by Magua »

Why do you only show up to answer factual questions / do mechanics tests?
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #2278 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:31 am

Post by FakeGod »

VoteCount 2.21

GuyInFreezer [2] - zMuffinMan, Kagami
Malakittens [3] - vezokpiraka, Varsoon, GuyInFreezer
Varsoon [1] -
GuyInFreezer

SXTLHGaiden [1] - GuyInFreezer
VictorDeAngelo [1] -
GuyInFreezer

Magua [1] - GuyInFreezer
Pim [4] - GuyInFreezer, Magua, Malakittens, Nachomamma8
Sakura Hana [1] - GuyInFreezer
zMuffinMan [1] - GuyInFreezer
Kagami [1] - GuyInFreezer
Nachomamma8 [1] - GuyInFreezer
vezokpiraka [1] - GuyInFreezer

Not Voting [4]
- Sakura Hana, Pim, SXTLHGaiden VictorDeAngelo

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Deadline is May 8, 2014, at 11:00 AM PST.
Countdown to deadline: (expired on 2014-05-08 13:00:00)
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
SXTLHGaiden
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
SXTLHGaiden
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2279 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 11:39 am

Post by SXTLHGaiden »

Hey Magua,
You should do something fun. Like, examine yesterday's VC where I voted.
You're not going to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. S*Gaiden will not make long cases, write stunning insights, or sugar coat his words. He is not the man for multi-paragraph eloquence. He is, however, being honest to a fault, and it comes across in his writing.
- GreyICE
it can help the game for people to be aware that L-1 is L-Gaiden
- popsofctown
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2280 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 1:38 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

nacho wrote:Were these your favorite points?
they were examples of the point. the point being that most of the questions he was asking had no goal in mind; there was no direction to them, no trying to figure out this person's alignment through the answer to the question, no trying to advance the game in any way through the answers to the questions, just questions for the sake of questions. it was faux scum hunting

so you say those things are crazy, not scummy. on their own, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe you'd have a point, but they're part of a larger body of work - it never looked like he was interested in figuring out the game. there were a couple questions here or there asking about reads but even then, rarely any follow up

as far as stances he took, i don't really remember his reads. the feirei read was the only major one he pushed for most of the game and that looked awkward as fuck. i questioned him on this, too, given he wasn't really concerned with pushing the read, and all i really got was that feirei was lurky and feirei voted him and bitmap. at some point he said he thought i was scum, but no one really agreed with him (other than lolvezok). D2 comes around, this changed for magical reasons that he never really talked about and instead gaiden was scummier than feirei and i for hammering close to the deadline D1.

there was virtually nothing in his ISO that i could point to and say, "ok, i can see that thought process more likely coming from a town mindset than a scum mindset" <- the questions he was asking were shit, the stances he was taking were shit, and his overall play was shit. pieguy backed off at him when he raged at feirei for voting him, but sakura recently linked to an almost identical example of him doing that sort of thing as scum, so i don't really know what pieguy was thinking with that.

all that said, even if you aren't reading my ISO, why aren't you reading RB's ISO to form your own opinion on this? why are my reasons important to you?
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2281 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 2275, Magua wrote:God this is so superAmishedtellterribad. It literally is saying "Welp I know that my predecessor was pretty scummy but that was them and this is me and I'm going to pre-emptively dismiss all of that." It's all very =/. I'm incapable of having a townread on notscience as a player, but I was really hoping that I'd be able to get an easy townread on Mala and I don't have it.
No, it's not an superAmishedtellterribad, but please do point out to how it is. If you have ever played w/ ns you'll know how reactionary he is when someone is calling him scum. It doesn't matter if I'm in his slot or not and if I replaced into GiF's slot even though ns is 1v1ing GiF I would have called ns town. I don't really know how you are 'incapable' of having a townread on ns. Do you not know how to read him?

Also random question to everyone:

If you had one vig shot and only one vig shot. Who would you use it on and why? (If you say Victor, I'll smack you in the face with mah paw)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2282 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:34 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

Vote: Pim
spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh spiffeh
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2283 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:37 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 2279, SXTLHGaiden wrote:Hey Magua,
You should do something fun. Like, examine yesterday's VC where I voted.
I saw it. Yer a
wizard
doublevoter, Harry! Hence my bit about mechanical tests.

It was a srs question. Like, of all the things to reply to, "who's Lily" just seems so...pointless.
In post 2280, zMuffinMan wrote: they were examples of the point. the point being that most of the questions he was asking had no goal in mind; there was no direction to them, no trying to figure out this person's alignment through the answer to the question, no trying to advance the game in any way through the answers to the questions, just questions for the sake of questions. it was faux scum hunting
No it's not. I do that all the time, and I've seen GiF do it.

But tbqh, dicking around about GiF when he's not voteable isn't anywhere near as useful as actually getting off your ass and doing something useful like saying who you'd actually want to lynch. Y'know. That thing you're not doing. PEdit: Hooray, you did something!
In post 2281, Malakittens wrote:No, it's not an superAmishedtellterribad, but please do point out to how it is.
In post 2275, Magua wrote:God this is so superAmishedtellterribad. It literally is saying "Welp I know that my predecessor was pretty scummy but that was them and this is me and I'm going to pre-emptively dismiss all of that."
I took the initiative of requoting the part of it that you quoted but apparently didn't read/process.

As for reading notscience: I was null-to-scum on the slot before your replace in. I have found your replace in to be scummier than before notscience replaced out. The "incapable of having a townread on him" was
70%
60%
50% a joke because I don't like lurkers in general, and I have seen notscience lurk in games a metric fuckton. I'm aware that I've seen him do it as town, which is where the joke part comes in.

If I could vig anyone right now
who wasn't Victor
, I'd vig Pim. If not Victor or Pim, you (Mala).
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2284 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 2:46 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

magua wrote:dicking around about GiF when he's not voteable isn't anywhere near as useful as actually getting off your ass and doing something useful like saying who you'd actually want to lynch
what the fuck are you on about? i was talking about RB, not GIF
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2285 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:25 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

If I coul vig someome I'd vig zmuffin.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2286 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 4:27 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

the feeling is mutual, don't worry

i would vig the fuck out of you without a second thought
Magua
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Magua
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2287 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 5:41 pm

Post by Magua »

In post 2284, zMuffinMan wrote:
magua wrote:dicking around about GiF when he's not voteable isn't anywhere near as useful as actually getting off your ass and doing something useful like saying who you'd actually want to lynch
what the fuck are you on about? i was talking about RB, not GIF
See, I was confused by the fact that you were voting GiF and not voting Pim.

Now that you've corrected this
huge gaping
minor flaw, I don't really care so weeeeeee.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2288 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 6:44 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Not a fan of the Pim wagon.
Where is Pim, even?
Feels like kicking a dude while he's not here to put his dukes up.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2289 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 6:45 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Perfect scum target.
Town flip gives shit for info.
Everyone's blameless in the lynch.
Pim had no presence and therefore no insight can be had, nor any pim-sided defense of the wagon.
It's too good.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2290 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 7:15 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

varsoon wrote:Feels like kicking a dude while he's not here to put his dukes up
orrrrrrrrrrrrr he could just be lurking scum

*gasp*

shocking, right?
varsoon wrote:Town flip gives shit for info.
Everyone's blameless in the lynch
if you're really into wagon analysis and that is your argument for or against a lynch, the Pim(RB) wagon is technically superior to any other wagon <- there are a mountain of interactions with RB from D1 and a bit from D2, soooooo yeah

but he's likely scum so this is a shit argument on that level as well
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2291 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by Varsoon »

If Pim gives info on lynch because of RB interaction, then Mala's still a better wagon because of NS interaction.

What sort of scum would lurk so hard?
Impossible.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2292 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:11 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

hahaha. fuck me, that actually made me laugh really hard irl
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2293 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:12 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

can i sig that last part when he flips scum?
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2294 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

I read Magua thinking me and Mala were scumbuddies and laughed.

@Gaiden
- You should do something fun, like tell who you want to lynch today. Also given you new status as a double voter, what your views on Pim's role being scum?

@Mala
- If I was being childish I'd OMGUS vig Sakura but if I was being a grown up I'd vig you. Probably hit scum either way though.

Still waiting for Sakura to turn up and post a case against me. Convenient time for her to take a holiday from this game.
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2295 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:09 pm

Post by Varsoon »

In post 2293, zMuffinMan wrote:can i sig that last part when he flips scum?
VOTE: Pim
What happens if you're wrong?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2296 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:11 pm

Post by Varsoon »

Victor, you seem to be around.
Can I get a big ol' readslist off of you with a sentence or so detailing each read?
I think drilling Sakura for a case is a good idea, too, so keep at it.
It'll be especially telling if this isn't a vig shot at all.
zMuffinMan
zMuffinMan
Survivor
zMuffinMan
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2297 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:14 pm

Post by zMuffinMan »

then i'm wrong? it's still a ridiculous statement
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #2298 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Post by Varsoon »

UNVOTE:
Ugh, you're no fun.
VictorDeAngelo
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
VictorDeAngelo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2299 (ISO) » Tue May 06, 2014 9:27 pm

Post by VictorDeAngelo »

In post 2296, Varsoon wrote: Can I get a big ol' readslist off of you with a sentence or so detailing each read?
Town

Vezok - IC
Pim - The run up feels too similar to the TNE run up Day 1 (inactive player, little reasoning, general why not feel).
Muffin - Seems to be the most engaged scumhunter in the game.
Varsoon - Got a clean investigation Night 1 (probably nullified if Sakura is scum though). Sticking by this guns and not being pushed around which tends to be a good sign.
Nachomamma8 - I liked Bork's posting. Nacho has seemed to have read the game. Don't agree with all his reads, but townclearing half the playerbase on entering the game makes me feel that he's town as well. I would want to see more before I was certain enough to townblock him though.
GuyInFreezer - No great feelings off town on this spot but it's been so long waiting for a replacement I've almost forgotten that this guy is in the game.
Magua - The slot has been dead for most the game. Nothing Magua done thusfar has made me think he was town, but other than the bizarre me and ns being scumbuddies bit there aren't a ton of red flags.
Kagami - Less scummy than I thought on initial inspection but the miller claim still seems like
Gaiden - I actually thought this role was replaced. That's little impact Gaiden has had on this game. The whole mirroring vote thing day 1 was really weird.
Sakura - Not really liking her play, bad spot on the TNE wagon. Still waiting to know why she killed me with no claim (reckless at the very least)
Malakittens - Didn't like her predecessors play.

Scum
I think drilling Sakura for a case is a good idea, too, so keep at it.
If she doesn't produce it by days end I hope people keep on at her for it tomorrow as well.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”