Micro 359: Lurker Mafia Game Over

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #12 (isolation #0) » Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Equinox »

Scum have I just found
For he found it prudent to
Stay with R-V-S

Vote: Bert

AHOY AHOY
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #21 (isolation #1) » Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:17 pm

Post by Equinox »

Y'all are terrible at this game. You're supposed to be
lurking
, not
flaking

Some of you are terrible at poetry interpretation. I know haiku poems are scary, but they're not difficult to understand. At this point, one would have to wonder if people like Nobody Special and Voidedmafia are even reading the posts that they're disparaging:

In post 14, Second Void wrote:Equi also loses points for posting a haiku, but it's not so terrible because he doesn't ramble and partially because his vote's on Bert.

In post 15, Nobody Special wrote:Equinox: OMGUS during RVS. So cliché. Ahoy?

Nobody Special, for all of your analyzing of posts so far in your post, you don't seem to have read the posts very closely. Perhaps the problem is not that there are fluff posts but that some certain posts are fluff?

Unfortunately, there can be only so many people who can be voted at once. Come on, weren't you lot just saying how it was all
~suspicious~
if someone were to skip a segment? We're three-quarters of the way through now, and only two of you worthless sacks of scum have posted.

Wagon ho on Bert, he who has committed not one but two crimes against humanity!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #29 (isolation #2) » Mon Jul 14, 2014 12:45 pm

Post by Equinox »

In post 22, Dot Matrix wrote:We have no comments about Equinox's post as tonally she felt fine?

And that's how I'll get ya.

You know, guys, if y'all keep waiting until someone posts before making a post yourself, this shit happens.

Desperado thinking that Bert's crime was "RVSing
in RVS
" is pretty funny. Sadly, it also lost him the goodwill he had going from his first post.

Since the fashion nowadays is "analysis," let's get this done
so I can show you all how much better I am than you
so this game doesn't become Micro 359: Zero Posting Mafia.

The first couple of posts (starting from ) are par for the course. Like, there's only so much you can do in a vacuum. However, I propose that RVS ended with MafiaSSK's , where he put forth a suggestion of bandwagoning as a play strategy. Next, we have Bert, who had taken the time to write us a beautifully moving poem about RVS and CREATE A THIRD WAGON WTF.

I actually agreed with Chevre and Second Void about Bert (duh). I liked that Desperado caught that Nobody Special had barely done any analysis, except he seems rather fixated on the idea that RVS lasted longer than it actually did. Chevre, too. Ehh. Meeehhh? MafiaSSK being MafiaSSK is, um, inappropriately appropriate. Damn it, this analyzing thing isn't going too well. Dot Matrix is pretty solid. Desperado is probably neither liquid nor gas. Second Void is prooooobably a solid, too, though I'm really looking forward to their next post. Chevre, tonally, feels like he did in Mini 1410 where he was defensive and his replacement got lynched for it, so :shrug: so far. Not much of an opinion on Not_Mafia. Don't like MafiaSSK very much at the moment.

How 'bout this, since this post is getting longer than it has the right to be. I don't like wagoning Bert anymore. Let's wagon Nobody Special because, if nothing else, lynch-all-lurkers is pretty much a spot-on strategy this game.

Unvote, Vote: Nobody Special
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #40 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 16, 2014 3:29 pm

Post by Equinox »

Second Void, why would you quote posts and not even indicate the post number? :(

In post 30, Second Void wrote:Are you under the impression that NS will be a wagon more likely to take off, or something? I certainly don't get the feeling that Bert got less scummy from this post, so what's changed?

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:gasp Why?!?!

Bert's made me less inclined to lynch him for the moment. If certain things do or do not happen, I may change my mind.

In post 31, Chevre wrote:I agree with Second Void that Equinox's vote change is suspicious, given that a) Bert still had more votes, b) both Bert and NS had missed the Segment 2 post and c) honestly, I feel like NS's one post is more of an attempt to contribute to this game that Bert's two at that point. Still, I kind of get the vote switch, but I'm perplexed as to why Equinox didn't give it a more thorough explanation.

I am curious as to why you "kind of get the vote switch" but are still confused as to why it happened.

Anyway, good to see that some things in this thread don't change. For instance, Nobody Special very conveniently skipped questions about the quality of his analysis and deflected the one Desperado had asked. Not_Mafia probably saw MafiaSSK get away with posting a one-liner for his segment and decided to follow suit, such a bad boy.

In post 34, Dot Matrix wrote:Do you think meta from one game a year ago is relevant?
(also a link would've been nice
but I'm also not providing a link)

Lazy. Sorry. It's probably still relevant considering it's a personality tell, and those, anecdotally anyway, tend to be fairly stable. If I were doing due diligence, I'd have checked his scum game, too, but compulsive metagaming is what made Mafia un-fun for a long time and I'm too busy lurking to care right now. Basically, if I hadn't seen Chevre like that before as town, I'd have been all over him; knowing what I do now, I'm in wait-and-see mode.

In post 37, MafiaSSK wrote:And it's time to break this tie. The votes on me are both shitty, "hey ssk is lurking in a lurking game" reasons. Bad stuff there. Good stuff in the fact that Nobody Special is indeed bad.

If you could barbecue someone other than Nobody Special right now and eat delicious scum in marinara for dinner tonight, who would you roast? Serious question.

Public enemies: MafiaSSK, Nobody Special, Not_Mafia

WHY MUST CHOICES BE HARD

Ugh, probably going to have to re-read the entire thread (hahahaha) for the next segment and then re-figure out which of those three I'd like dead first. Probably wouldn't even matter anyway.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #50 (isolation #4) » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:55 pm

Post by Equinox »

I lied about rereading because work happened and I will most likely still be out like a light by the time this segment ends, so wheeeee! Next segment. Cross my heart, hope to die, etc. If somebody hammers before then, though, I won't complain too loudly because I'm pretty sure nothing is going to change reads-wise because there are three huge soul-sucking black holes in this game that should die.

The fact that this game is hovering around similar reads is actually pretty scary. Can it be that we're all right?! That'd be cool.

Not_Mafia, there's this super cool feature where if you do this:

Code: Select all

[post=6]post 6[/post]

...this happens:

Please use it in the future. Your director's commentary track is probably really fascinating, but it's hard to give cares when there's practically no context to your remarks. Sorry! (Not really.)

Oh! QUESTION.

Bert (1) - Second Void
Chevre (1) - Not_Mafia
Equinox (1) - Bert

Why are you people still on your vanity wagon? Especially Bert, who has conveniently stayed on his RVS wagon.
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count

Post Post #64 (isolation #5) » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:21 am

Post by Equinox »

One hour and 36 minutes left in this segment! Woohoo!

Which is not enough time to be reading a 3-page thread because I have to set up my mad scientist enterprise before subjects come in!

In other words, I have not read, but I will most definitely have time in the next segment, hopefully late tonight (i.e., after 12 hours). However, I don't think much is going to change? Right now, the only thing that's bothering me is why MafiaSSK and Nobody Special would blatantly play this way as scum, but then again it's possible that their special brand of active lurking isn't telling of their alignment anyway. Won't mind if either dies, but I have a preference today for Nobody Special given that he had tried once and that post where he had analyzed the game was sorely lacking. MafiaSSK hasn't even tried at all.

Preview edit: ...or that!

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”