Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 am

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

Are you actually reading the game, Quil?

Because this isn't the first time you've apparently missed something that's already been said.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:52 am

Post by Parama »

yonce's not at L-1 yet I think
VOTE: yoncé
VOTE: yoncé

now he is
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:54 am

Post by Parama »

personally I feel the game is stagnating, we need to get something done and soon
even if this doesn't go through lynch hopefully it'll at least get yonce to do something (or replace out, preferably IMMEDIATELY if at all)
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:00 am

Post by Parama »

also it's not impossible to write a case on Flames/yonce tbh

- takes advantage of an easy target, declares RVS over
- claims the vote was a reaction test, doesn't say at all what he got out of the reaction other than "townlike"
wagon forms on Flames; he lurks out while actively posting in other games, gets replaced
- doesn't bother to read over the mechanics himself; implies laziness, disconnection from the game; later claims he did read the rules but it really isn't that hard to understand the concept of a digital root tbh
then two posts apologizing for doing nothing and an unprovoked claim, the claim's kinda null tbh but very anti-town

like yeah some of it's overanalyzing but it's not like he's done literally nothing all game. just nothing productive or helpful to the town.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:01 am

Post by Parama »

Also I have to wonder, are newbie games these days teaching people to be terrified of voting? because that's the impression I get, the only people taking issue with voting are the ones with <1 year ago post dates
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Bins »

honestly im starting to think its just this game.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:05 am

Post by Bins »

who should we put reck with?

gtkas
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:17 am

Post by Parama »

Reck/Quil/NM - 7
Parama/Akane/Bins - 8

which leaves Jackel and Grib outside; Grib already volunteered to be left out so I've no qualms with it, and Jackel's the person I like least anyways; plus this way Reck gets to not be with Akane and I am not making any other compromises for him.

7-vote: xRECKONERx, Quilford, Not_Mafia

8-vote: Parama, Akane Kurashiki, Bins

if anyone has any complaints, voice them in your next post or forever hold your peace; either that or sheep this plz.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am

Post by Bins »

this is fine & probably as happy as we're going to make anyone

gtkas
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:19 am

I think that might have been a hammer, Parama. Or I can't count. One of the two.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Parama »

no, I was already voting yonce before.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:20 am

Post by Parama »

I went through the thread from the latest votecount just to make sure even
if that was actually a hammer then
y'know what? whatever. he already claimed, he's done nothing, he's either useless town or scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:22 am

Post by Parama »

nope, he's at L-1. me/me/Bins/Quil
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:26 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Ugh. I'm paranoid about fucking everybody, especially after Quil's recent posts. But whatever.
green shirt thursdays
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:31 am

Post by Grib »

Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:34 am

oh ok. I forgot you were already on him, derp.

I'm hereby voicing
INTENT TO HAMMER.

Large so no one can miss it.

If anyone has anything compelling left to say before the day is done, sooner is better than later.

I think the only person who might have something left to say is Not_Mafia? His recent posts are more or less "oh I didn't realize Grib replaced 34, better reread" and "didn't have time today, maybe tomorrow" and I'm still kind of waiting to hear what his thoughts are on that.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:36 am

Post by Grib »

Sure, give him time to say his piece.

Or at least give us a "maybe toMorrow" quickpost.
yoncé
yoncé
Townie
yoncé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:58 am

Post by yoncé »

Just got out of classes. Give me an hour to get to my computer and finish catching up with reads (I have some set in stone but I want to get them all more or less settled first). Like I said, I'm fine with being the lynch today.
i sneezed on the beat
and the beat got sicker
yoncé
yoncé
Townie
yoncé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by yoncé »

Well, my computer won't come out of hibernation and apparently I have hard drive issues.

My two strongest reads are extremely confident town reads on Bins and Reckoner. Sorry my slot hasn't been of much help, but being a VT I would rather lynch myself than risk lynching a PR.

vote yoncé

Good luck scum!
i sneezed on the beat
and the beat got sicker
yoncé
yoncé
Townie
yoncé
Townie
Townie

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by yoncé »

Good luck town, is what I meant.
i sneezed on the beat
and the beat got sicker
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Parama »

*headdesk headdesk headdesk*
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Parama »

especially since YOU FORMATTED IT WRONG LOL but seriously please don't self-hammer
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Grib »

In post 568, yoncé wrote:but being a VT I would rather lynch myself than risk lynching a PR.

Sweet Jesus that's not how this works.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:36 pm

Post by Parama »

though a self-hammer is basically a scum claim as far as I'm concerned as town has no reason to ever self-hammer while scum has all the reason in the world to
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:41 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 390, Akane Kurashiki wrote:
378:
Can you elaborate on why you only think Bins can be scum with Reck?

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question, but I said if Bins is scum, I can only really see Reck as her partner and his claim makes me doubt even that. If Reck is scum, there's maybe 2-3 people I'd be inclined to rule out, would have to look at when the claim came.

In post 390, Akane Kurashiki wrote:I think y'all are cutting Reck way too much slack based on the claim and are gonna be kicking yourselves when we have to kill him tomorrow anyway. But I guess we'll see.

I look at it this way, if Reck is scum he'll be here tomorrow and will have to out his partner to evade a lynch. If he's town we've lynched a claimed friendly neighbour.

In post 391, Grib wrote:It's not so confirmable that I feel comfortable slotting him as a townfirm. The role leaves a lot of wiggle room for scum. Besides, fake townfirms are a thing (not likely though).

There's not really wiggle room, either he get's lynched tomorrow, or he has to use his scumpartner to 'confirm' himself.

In post 391, Grib wrote:It's not so confirmable that I feel comfortable slotting him as a townfirm. The role leaves a lot of wiggle room for scum. Besides, fake townfirms are a thing (not likely though).
In post 369, Not_Mafia wrote:Scum won't be anti-town? Scum can't flake? I'm honestly not following this argument at all. Seems like you're trying to force a townread on Reck for town points, I don't see what the point of this whole thing is otherwise.

And your Akane case has a couple of good points, but is largely just dragging out everything someone could find slightly objectionable but ultimately non-alignment indicative stuff like her RVS vote switch and her doors thing

I think it's a fair assumption to make for Day 1, at the absolute least. Town!Reck is my read here, not yours. I stated it, I'm not pushing or forcing it. Why would I want to push a weak read? The point is I was asked about it so I gave my reason. That's it, w/r/t Reck.

Well, what do you know. My reasons aren't infallible. Who would have thought. Point out the good/bad points for me.

It was Quilford case that drew attention to him though, and then the rage and insults came, which is apparently characteristic of him. And I don't see what the relevance of you pushing it is, it was the timing of it I hated. But apparently Akane asked you for it.

I'm not criticising it for the sake of it, it looked to me like throwing out anything and everything and seeing what stuck

In post 366, Grib wrote:
Spoiler: Akane
: Her first vote is for Bins. Innocent enough. Her advocating on saving the doors is only bad if it’s proven the scums’ kills are restricted to rooms/groups.

: Switches her RVS for...some reason. 34 questioned her on this as well.

: Claims she switched her vote because she liked Bins’ reaction to her RVS. Which. I dunno, feels really fake. Akane didn’t ask anything particularly difficult, there isn’t really much to be nervous about in this context.

Of course this could just be waved away with “oh it was just a random vote who cares?” but hhh.

I don't understand the problem here, she RVS'd someone, thought they looked townish, moved it elsewhere

: This is the first post that tipped me on a reread, after I’d been posting for a couple pages. She criticizes 34 for unvoting someone who was at L-1 (what?). And then she goes on about how he should have voted for someone else, or laid out some reads -- in fact, nearly half of the second paragraph could apply presently to Bins. I’m still waiting for Akane to catch up and explain her gut townread on her.

: Dismisses 34’s above posts because AtE. I only find it scummy because she dismissed all three posts that way. She could have at least addressed the parts of the posts that weren’t AtE.

: Says 34 is gunking up the thread with his emotions. Bins has been gunking the thread with pure void, but it’s totes okay when she does it.

AtE =/= lack of contribution are completely separate things, so I'm not seeing the hypocrisy angle you seem you be implying

: Not gonna lie, this is my favorite part. Akane asks Bins why she still has her vote parked on NM, and asks for her reads. Bins replies with “no reason” (and doesn’t unvote, even though she just stated her vote is dead and useless) and that she’ll “address her reads tomorrow” (she in fact does the opposite of that, by unvoting AND saying she has nothing right after Quil posted a case against Reckoner).

Akane of course addresses this steaming pile of bullshit in her next pos--oh. Wait. She doesn’t readdress this. Ever. In fact, I think this is actually the last time Akane has ever spoken directly to Bins.

Of course everyone is guilty of letting Bins cruise, except Parama, I guess. It’s just more damning for Akane because she’s the one who asked and didn’t follow up.

: Asks NM for a read on Bins. Because? Who knows. I'm guessing she's trying to justify her gut townread here, by seeing if anyone else is townreading her.

She asked because I've played with her before and wanted my perspective, she states this later

: Basically calling Reckoner conf!scum. “1% chance that it’s true”? Please.

She didn't believe the claim and kept with the read, guilty of hyperbole maybe but again not see the big issue

((Also, just kidding -- Akane does talk to Bins in , but it’s a mechanics question so it doesn’t really count.))

Akane then engages Reckoner in some bullshit meta/identity argument, clogging up the thread and being a distracting mess.

Why is her being a distracting mess scummy and make Reck townish?

And now we’re mostly back to the present. That was fun.

In post 362, Grib wrote:
In post 373, Not_Mafia wrote:What I mean is, his readflip comes conveniently follows Reck's claim and not even due to "well he isn't confirmed yet but I don't think scum would claim a confirmable role as if they're lying it will only buy them one more day" or something similar. It's just, oh look I have a towncase on Reck now he's claimed a confirmable role.

PEdit: Indeed

It's almost like I went back through the thread and read the game from a town!Reck perspective. Wow.

And it's not a case, it's a weak read.

Well I'd call any standalone justification of a read a case, but that's semantics, and I'd forgotten/hadn't realised Akane had asked you for the read

In post 386, Not_Mafia wrote:It's also because his reads list and Rack case achieved nothing and I don't know why he did them them other than "he felt like it" and

In post 362, Grib wrote:For reactions. For questions. For content.

Which is just the boilerplate generic answer that really means nothing, that's what everything you post should be doing and we just got finished discussing why we shouldn't be making our top town reads so explicit

In post 362, Grib wrote:There seems to be a divide in the members here on whether or not sharing townreads is a good thing. That's your own opinion.

I shared my reads because I felt like it and we're all posting and using our brains and junk. Sulk about it if you really want to.

I could quickhammer Yoncé right now because I feel like it, it doesn't stop it anti-town, you say we have a different opinion but I don't know why you think it's a good thing and it came just after we finished discussing why we weren't making our townreads so explicit

In post 403, Grib wrote:Well, I do it every game. I'd make an exception for the rest of the game, but I wouldn't want to summon the wrath of NM the Knowledgeable.

I prefer NM the Righteous

In post 412, Akane Kurashiki wrote:Whoops. Yeah, the rest of his iso is reading very much like townie that can't handle pressure to me now.

This is a pretty stark turnaround. Why do you think you didn't see what you're seeing now at the time?

In post 414, Jackel98 wrote:Sorry for not posting more, but half of the time I don't know what to post. Most of your posts are directed are directed at specific people, and anything I want to point out is ninja'd. That combined with Real Life makes it hard to post as much as I want to.

It's better you post something and not just oh lol beaten to it, sheeping is a crappy tell anyway

In post 474, xRECKONERx wrote:I really don't fucking buy that there's a VT in this setup... I mean, maybe, but this seems like the place where Pie would put a bunch of cool power roles that interact with the room mechanic. Hmm.

That early claim is really bad, and also pretty noobtown though, I don't think newbscum fakeclaims VT that early with no danger of a lynch.

Well the only way you can believe both of these things is if you think he's lying town, so if it's not that which one is it?

And a role madness Micro sounds excessively hard to balance, especcially with the door mechanics. I'm inclined to believe the claim.

Pedit: Okay just saw Yonce's self hammer, has to be scum, self hammering as town when we haven't agreed on doors or self hammering as town at all? No
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”