Micro 381 - 999 Mafia (Nonary Game Complete)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1067, Parama wrote:Grib you've done so little thus far or at least I can't remember anything besides night shenanigans, which is why I have a sliiiight slight town lean on you

Bullshit you can't remember anything. "You've done so little" I could buy, all I've really done is tunnel on Bins and post that godawful readslist everyone flipped their shit over and request time and again to be left out of rooms. But "I can't remember anything"? I don't accept that. Please redirect your attention to .

@Bins
I'm going to be a little open about my ability. Since I'm staying outside, if scum want to shoot me, they'll have to reveal more about their kill.

1) My ability can pierce rooms (is anyone actually shocked), so I don't really feel the need to be in one. However, if it fucks with the number combinations, I'll go along with it.

1a) No, I'm not the alleged Roleblocker. Again, no surprise there.

2) I was trying to figure out if I could be affected by anything (i.e. getting shot) if I'm not in a room, to prove that scum can shoot whomever, wherever.

3) After Reck claimed his ability could only be used on people he was in a room with, on top of the lack of a kill last Night, I started to think that maybe both scum were in the same room and didn't want to bus if town decided to PoE the room where someone was killed, because that would be a guaranteed scum lynch. If the Parama/Bins/Akane cluster are super convinced that their entire room is town (and I actually don't see both scum being in that room; if that is in fact the case, gg, and sorry to the one townie among you who is being duped hardcore), then it would make the most sense to lynch someone from the other room. Except Reck, I guess, because role.

That's where my head is currently at and why I am very sad and frustrated. I've changed my mind -- I will lynch either NM or Bulge, with Gamma being a close third choice.

(Also, just so it's on record, I want to throw out the possibility of an Arsonist? I used to play mafia on IRC a lot, and it was only after literally like, seven straight days of no Nightkills that someone would be like "oh fucking shit Arsonist???" and then everyone would burst into flames. We've only had one Night phase but if the mafia's kill isn't restricted to rooms then I have no idea why they didn't kill anyone.)
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:46 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Yeah I'm not using my power and you can fuck yourself if you put me in a room with Akane. :)
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Parama »

so you will not use your power, and thus almost certainly be lynched tomorrow, because we put you in a room with one person in particular?
so we should lynch you today then is what you're saying
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:49 am

Post by Parama »

and tbh Grib it's more that I'm not paying attention to you than anything
which is my fault
but w/e
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1069, Akane Kurashiki wrote:I know Reck won't agree with this vote (and frankly don't care) but this arrangement isn't about me and him, it's mostly about where I think other people need to go because ~setup speculation reasons~

No. No, you don't get to say, "It's not about what the claimed power role wants, it's not about what I want, it's about REASONS!" Fuck off.

plus some combinations I wouldn't mind are restricted due to two of the doors being locked (7 and 8). Also I was starting to come around to maybe thinking he was town but the fact that he's
not
willing to lynch either of the people he went through the doors with last night despite the fact that there was almost no activity in their QT last night and there's pretty much 100% at least one scum in that room strikes me as extremely, extremely suspect.

I, also, forgot to talk much there last night. There were, in fact, THREE (3) people in our QT, and NONE of the THREE (3) of them talked. Do you know how many scum are in a 9p game? I'll give you a hint, it's less than THREE (3)! If I'm town and can forget to check the QT or discuss anything there, why the hell can't other town people?

@Reck
: Is the replace out really the only reason you're dismissing Bulge as town for today? Can you elaborate more on your read there overall?

It's a big part of it, yeah. It's actually the only part of it. I just don't think Quil would do that as scum, period. All the other scummy shit he did leading up to that kind of doesn't matter.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:50 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1077, Parama wrote:so you will not use your power, and thus almost certainly be lynched tomorrow, because we put you in a room with one person in particular?
so we should lynch you today then is what you're saying

Sure, who the fuck cares?

I don't get a say in it and you're putting me in a room with someone I can't stand and wanted dead moons ago.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Parama »

you could replace out too
but you're choosing to play anti-town?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:53 am

Post by Grib »

In post 1078, Parama wrote:and tbh Grib it's more that I'm not paying attention to you than anything
which is my fault
but w/e

Fantastic.
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:01 pm

Post by Bins »

In post 1075, Grib wrote:(and I actually don't see both scum being in that room; if that is in fact the case, gg, and sorry to the one townie among you who is being duped hardcore)

Now I feel absolutely fantastic and terrified.

But I liked that post.
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Bins
Bins
Survivor
Bins
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:03 pm

Post by Bins »

Can we vote Reck of the island?
is this where I tell you to swipe right

gtkas
Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

@Reck:

It's definitely mostly about reasons based on what people have claimed or softclaimed, yep. And apparently I DO "get to" say it because I just did.

You're putting me in a room with someone I can't stand

That sounds awfully personal. If that's the case than a.) <insert me pretending to be hurt here> b.) all the more reason to stick us in the same room, because frankly that's really petty and blatantly biased and therefore you can get over your damn self.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:11 pm

Post by Parama »

In post 1075, Grib wrote:1a) No, I'm not the alleged Roleblocker. Again, no surprise there.

Wow, now that I think about it, this is true and objectively makes you less likely to be scum than anyone else (1/7 instead of 2/7)
Unless somehow you have two abilities and you can use both in the same night which I doubt
Hmmm no we're not lynching Grib today

In post 1075, Grib wrote:(Also, just so it's on record, I want to throw out the possibility of an Arsonist? I used to play mafia on IRC a lot, and it was only after literally like, seven straight days of no Nightkills that someone would be like "oh fucking shit Arsonist???" and then everyone would burst into flames. We've only had one Night phase but if the mafia's kill isn't restricted to rooms then I have no idea why they didn't kill anyone.)

IRC mafia is a bit weirder than on-site games though, if there's an arsonist in this game then it's a bastard mod game lol

also
5-Vote: Akane, Parama, Reck
4-Vote: Bins, Bulge, Gamma

I'm gonna ISO Grib a little for now 'cause dammit I do need to get a better read on him
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:12 pm

Post by Parama »

also I will admit that Quil's ragequit is pretty town but it really, really does not mean everything he did previously is 100% meaningless
I mean, I don't want to lynch him/Bulge today anyways and they're probtown, but
I don't like Reck pulling a huge 180 simply over that
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:22 pm

Post by Parama »

I generally don't get badvibes and get some goodvibes from Grib's questions/reactions but there are still things that bother me, almost entirely encapsulated to the start of D2. don't like his votes there and don't like the squabble we got into re: his role and setup speculation
I'd say more on the town side of null for now though
I'm legitimately not reading anyone but Reck and Gamma-ish as scum atm, with NM being almost entirely null with slight slight scum lean.
sigh. I think this means I'm almost definitely wrong on one of my townreads but I want to believe it's one of the weaker ones I'm wrong on. maybe quil/bulge? but then reck's very likely town if he's scum... hmm.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

You don't like me not wanting to lynch Quil because of the ragequit (which you admit is pretty town, and you always don't want to lynch him) but you don't like me saying almost exactly what you did.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:23 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

mod pls vc
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:24 pm

Post by Parama »

I'm not actually sure what in particular you're talking about there but if you maybe pointed to the post in question I'd happily respond
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:35 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1076, xRECKONERx wrote:Yeah I'm not using my power and you can fuck yourself if you put me in a room with Akane. :)

So use it on Parama? Or try to negotiate the rooms? You're a confirmable role and it's as if you're asking to be lynched.
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Zero the Ninth
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Zero the Ninth
Townie
Townie

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:33 pm

Post by Zero the Ninth »

LYNCH VOTE

Bins (0) -
Akane Kurashiki (0) -
The Bulge (1) - Not_Mafia
Parama (1) - Gammagooey
Not_Mafia (4) - xRECKONERx, Akane Kurashiki, Parama, Bins
xRECKONERx (1) - The Bulge
Grib (0) -
Gammagooey (1) - Grib

Not Voting -

DOOR VOTE

Bins - [Akane Kurashiki, Parama, xRECKONERx - 5], [Bins, The Bulge, Gammagooey - 4]
Akane Kurashiki - [Akane Kurashiki, Parama, xRECKONERx - 5], [Bins, The Bulge, Gammagooey - 4]
The Bulge -
Parama - [Akane Kurashiki, Parama, xRECKONERx - 5], [Bins, The Bulge, Gammagooey - 4]
Not_Mafia - [Bins, The Bulge, Not_Mafia - 1], [Akane Kurashiki, Parama, xRECKONERx - 5]
xRECKONERx - [Akane Kurashiki, The Bulge, Not_Mafia - 2], [Bins, Parama, xRECKONERx - 4]
Grib -
Gammagooey -

Current Plurality - [Akane Kurashiki, Parama, xRECKONERx - 5], [Bins, The Bulge, Gammagooey - 4]
Unavailable Doors - [7], [8]

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch (4 to No Lynch). Deadline will be Tuesday, September 9th at 12:30 AM Eastern.

Reck's was not counted due to incorrect tags.

Unavailable Doors have been added to the votecount.
Truth had gone, truth had gone, truth had gone. Ah, now truth is asleep in the darkness of the sinister hand.

TWO MILKMEN GO COMEDY
MEMENTO MORI IF THE NINETH LION ATE THE SUN
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

UNVOTE: Not_Mafia
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:39 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1091, Parama wrote:I'm not actually sure what in particular you're talking about there but if you maybe pointed to the post in question I'd happily respond

In post 1087, Parama wrote:also I will admit that Quil's ragequit is pretty town but it really, really does not mean everything he did previously is 100% meaningless
I mean, I don't want to lynch him/Bulge today anyways and they're probtown, but
I don't like Reck pulling a huge 180 simply over that

literally two posts up
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:40 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1092, Not_Mafia wrote:
In post 1076, xRECKONERx wrote:Yeah I'm not using my power and you can fuck yourself if you put me in a room with Akane. :)

So use it on Parama? Or try to negotiate the rooms? You're a confirmable role and it's as if you're asking to be lynched.

Yeah, because the one thing I've insisted on is not being with Akane. Then, Akane (my top scumread) comes in and goes I DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF RECK LIKES IT OR NOT and decides to put herself in the room with me. Fuck. That.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Post by Parama »

you went from having pissing contests with him to "oh now he's town" based solely on the ragequit
that's really the issue I have
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Akane Kurashiki
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Akane Kurashiki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:14 pm

Post by Akane Kurashiki »

@reck

I would care a whole lot more about who you do and don't want to be in a room with if you weren't probably scum. it's impossible to make everyone happy with these doors tonight so I'm gonna err toward working with the needs/wants of people I think are town.

Also I just posted my door vote and gave out some stuff to explain my line of thinking. Nowhere did I say "Hey, everyone should do this" or anything of the sort. For anyone sheeping my vote, that's on them and they're probably the ones you should take issue with for their vote instead of scapegoating me as if I'm mind controlling everyone else in the game and the sole harbinger of an outcome you want to throw a temper tantrum over.

also, pick one:
- playing horribly anti-town for the vast majority of the game
- People listening to you

cuz sorry sweetcheeks, but claiming a confirmable role doesn't give you an automatic influence pass.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:30 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

In post 1098, Akane Kurashiki wrote:if you weren't probably scum

except im not
green shirt thursdays

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”