gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1275 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:25 pm

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 1264, FourTrouble wrote:Tammy, I can understand where F-16 and you are coming from with the "why do you think I'm town" question. I should have waited before commenting, to see where you went with it. Context makes all the difference. But I don't play much mafia these days, and I'm rusty and forgetful, and apparently a bad communicator too, so I fucked that up. But I don't think you guys are scum, and that's not why I said it's a minor scum-tell, though I still think the question isn't that helpful to determining alignment of good players, since they're gonna spot town-tells as scum. You can disagree with me here if you think I'm wrong, but at least in my experience, if I "know" someone is town, spotting their town-tells is much easier. Which is why I think scum have an easy time explaining their town-reads, and why I think the question theoretically doesn't help sort good players' alignments. Anyway. Regarding Anatole, I get what you're saying about his explanation being too "convenient," but at the same time, I'd expect better reasoning from him if he were scum. So it's hard to make much of his read + explanation. I also don't see why he'd lie about his actions in another game -- cause if he's scum, he's going through a lot of trouble to "fabricate" a read on you. It would be so much easier to just look for a couple posts with town-tells, andd point them out knowing that you're town and that he's not even making shit up.

Sure, I mean I've caught inexperienced scum with things I'd never catch experienced or better players with, but it hasn't kept me from trying. The answer to one question also wouldn't give me a definitive read, and I would keep all those things in mind, but the answer seems to be giving you a read on him, so it was helpful in that regard. You might be right; maybe that is an odd town read for scum to give.

I think I'm going to go to sleep though and worry about this tomorrow.
gossamer wings
gossamer wings
Goon
gossamer wings
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1276 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:27 pm

Post by gossamer wings »

In post 1273, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1272, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1270, gossamer wings wrote:I only briefly looked at that one newbie game and he was town. The impression I got from his entrance was clueless newbie who was a bit of a VI so I didn't take him seriously all that much. But after Titus mentioned his meta, I looked at that game to see if that was consistent with my impression. I didn't look through all his meta to see what his scum game looked like, just noticed that my original thought was wrong. Then, I've noticed him onsite both yesterday and today while ignoring this game, which is concerning.

I mean he could be someone who is rather new and realized he did something silly and doesn't want to come back, but I don't have a way of figuring that one out.

He very obviously didn't get any actual info from anyone (apparently already knew stuff ABOUT my character rather than just his name).
I think the only plausible scum motivation is that he hoped acting like a dipshit would get him some townreads.

That's just hard for me to swallow

-b

And the (misplaced) belief that we could break the game with flavor seemed earnest.

Maybe you're right. Maybe he did just kinda get scared off or something. I mean I could see an argument for him being newbscum who didn't know how to enter the game, but I dunno. I need sleep.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1277 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1276, gossamer wings wrote:I mean I could see an argument for him being newbscum who didn't know how to enter the game, but I dunno.

Daytalk though.
Geez Tammy you're so bad at this just do what we do instead :roll:
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1278 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

VOTE: Nashville
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1279 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:43 pm

Post by Nashville Dreams »

In post 845, Nashville Dreams wrote:Now this nation that I love
Has fallen under attack
A mighty sucker punch came flyin’ in
From somewhere in the back
Soon as we could see clearly
Through our big black eye
Man, we lit up your world
Like the 4th of July

ika, we need to get the fuzzy logic out this thread. Csareo has shown plenty of historical differences that make no sense. My other head will not let me vote Tammy and is isnane here. She has let me reach out to you. We should take him to the school of the insane.

VOTE: Csareo

For the rest of you, compare this game to his only game on site.

In post 1240, Nashville Dreams wrote:And I will always do my duty, no matter what the price.
I've counted up the cost, I know the sacrifice.
Oh, and I don't want to die for you,
But if dying's asked of me,
I'll bear that cross with honor,
'Cause freedom don't come free.

I'm an American soldier, an American,
Beside my brothers and my sisters I will proudly take a stand,
When liberty's in jeopardy I will always do what's right,
I'm out here on the front lines. Sleep in peace tonight.
American soldier, I'm an American soldier,

Csareo, what are you seeing here? This isn't your normal self. You better start analyzing this game. Others might not be in your head. I am.

~Hayden P.

Crumbs for Cutty Shark.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1280 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:46 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1253, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1250, Nashville Dreams wrote:I have been crumbing that very slightly in the posts with Csareo. Most posts talking about just him tend to have some military reference.

What's the point of crumbing that? What does that accomplish?

In post 1255, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1250, Nashville Dreams wrote:Has anyone ever played on a site where a flavor cop had for random people? It's pretty universal the flavor cop isn't random. However, someone designing a fake claim for themselves might go the random route. It's the easiest to fake after all.

What?
Can you rephrase the entire quoted section?
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1281 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:47 pm

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... er_sort=Go

There's Csareo's post from his newbie game by the way. I was the IC. I remembered how much Csareo sounded like me. The drive the passion the confidence. None of that is here.

I've dealt with my ghosts and I've faced all my demons
Finally content with a past I regret
I've found you find strength in your moments of weakness
For once I'm at peace with myself
I've been burdened with blame, trapped in the past for too long
I'm movin' on
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1282 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:49 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1281, Nashville Dreams wrote:The drive the passion the confidence. None of that is here.

He didn't exhibit these when trying to break the flavor?
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1283 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:50 pm

In post 1280, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1253, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1250, Nashville Dreams wrote:I have been crumbing that very slightly in the posts with Csareo. Most posts talking about just him tend to have some military reference.

What's the point of crumbing that? What does that accomplish?

In post 1255, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1250, Nashville Dreams wrote:Has anyone ever played on a site where a flavor cop had for random people? It's pretty universal the flavor cop isn't random. However, someone designing a fake claim for themselves might go the random route. It's the easiest to fake after all.

What?
Can you rephrase the entire quoted section?

Quoted Section: Cops on mafiascum.net function where a player targets another player. Cops aren't gee I know 4 random people's flavor. I have never seen a cop like that and I doubt anyone else has either. Yet, Csareo claimed his flavor cop was random. Unlikely.

Crumbing point: The point was to draw attention to Csareo's ISO in his newbie game and that his posts are all full of military strategy or just analysis in general before he went on his overconfidence binge. Here, he lacks any substance of analysis.

I remember it all very well lookin' back
It was the summer I turned eighteen
We lived in a one room, rundown shack
On the outskirts of New Orleans
We didn't have money for food or rent
To say the least we were hard pressed
Then Mama spent every last penny we had
To buy me a dancin' dress
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1284 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1283, Nashville Dreams wrote:Quoted Section: Cops on mafiascum.net function where a player targets another player. Cops aren't gee I know 4 random people's flavor. I have never seen a cop like that and I doubt anyone else has either. Yet, Csareo claimed his flavor cop was random. Unlikely.

Pretty sure he never said it was random or that it was a flavor cop. It was "I know the flavor for these four people".
In post 1283, Nashville Dreams wrote:Crumbing point: The point was to draw attention to Csareo's ISO in his newbie game and that his posts are all full of military strategy or just analysis in general before he went on his overconfidence binge. Here, he lacks any substance of analysis.

I'm struggling to explain how dumb this is
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1285 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:53 pm

In post 1282, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1281, Nashville Dreams wrote:The drive the passion the confidence. None of that is here.

He didn't exhibit these when trying to break the flavor?

He hasn't tried to break the flavor. Hell, Csareo is the kinda guy who tries to break the Matrix 6 setup as a VT. All he's done is say, gee your flavor's right.

I can do that too. :-p I have no flavor claim.

But life came hard, to my front door.
And I grew up trying
To even out the score.

Tough, I ain't never been nothing but tough, all my edges have
Always been rough.

But Jesus loves me anyway.

Oh backbone, there ain't nothing wrong with a woman that
Got a little backbone.

You just wait 'til you taste her kind of love.

You want a shy little thing, a pretty little high heel thing,
Gonna cry if I don't polish up.
Tough.

The way I see it, the hand of fate, did me a favor, with
The cards he dealt my way.

Found out real fast, life is a game.
You're out real quick if you don't know how to play, tough.

I ain't never been nothing but tough,
all my edges have always been rough.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1286 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:55 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1285, Nashville Dreams wrote:He hasn't tried to break the flavor. Hell, Csareo is the kinda guy who tries to break the Matrix 6 setup as a VT. All he's done is say, gee your flavor's right.

His ISO is only 18 posts. Reading it in context probably won't add too much. I'll wait.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1287 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:56 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1284, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1283, Nashville Dreams wrote:Crumbing point: The point was to draw attention to Csareo's ISO in his newbie game and that his posts are all full of military strategy or just analysis in general before he went on his overconfidence binge. Here, he lacks any substance of analysis.

Like... why would you CRUMB that instead of just saying it? How the hell did you expect people to pick up on it?
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1288 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:57 pm

In post 1284, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1283, Nashville Dreams wrote:Quoted Section: Cops on mafiascum.net function where a player targets another player. Cops aren't gee I know 4 random people's flavor. I have never seen a cop like that and I doubt anyone else has either. Yet, Csareo claimed his flavor cop was random. Unlikely.

Pretty sure he never said it was random or that it was a flavor cop. It was "I know the flavor for these four people".

The mods don't do that. The closest the mods have come is You know XYZ is in the game and they are town. To give another player 4 flavor names. It has never happened. I'd like him to put forth all four of his alleged flavor names and who they belong to. Any of them don't match, we lynch him. We should just be lynching him anyway. If scum fake it, they flip afterwards.

My little girl met a new friend
Just the other day
On the playground at school
Between the tires and the swings
But she came home with tear-filled eyes
And she said to me "Daddy, Alyssa Lies"
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1289 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:59 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

Oh my god fish harder
HMMM A ROLE I'VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE
NAH NATI WOULD NEVER DO THAT
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1290 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

idk why I'm engaging in this little back and forth
I think it's because bork's asleep and I'm trying to get there
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1291 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:01 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

Could you tell me/quote for me your stance on AK's softclaim?
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1292 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:02 pm

In post 1286, Cutty Shark wrote:
In post 1285, Nashville Dreams wrote:He hasn't tried to break the flavor. Hell, Csareo is the kinda guy who tries to break the Matrix 6 setup as a VT. All he's done is say, gee your flavor's right.

His ISO is only 18 posts. Reading it in context probably won't add too much. I'll wait.

Don't you think I read his ISO before calling it devoid of analysis? Csareo had already done significant analysis and thinking by that point in his newbie game. Why don't you actually go read it?

Or are you too busy trying to defend Csareo?

The claim makes zero sense. There's no analysis from Csareo. He's claiming a PR that he can just nod along and go that's who it is.

I got sent home from school one day with a shiner on my eye
Fightin' was against the rules and it didn't matter why
When dad got home I told that story just like I'd rehearsed
Then stood there on those tremblin' knees and waitin' for the worst

And he said...
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1293 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:03 pm

In post 1291, Cutty Shark wrote:Could you tell me/quote for me your stance on AK's softclaim?

I like AK's softclaim a hell of a lot better. His soft claim can be proven. The fact you doubt his softclaim says more about your role PM than anything. Do not ask me to explain that as it requires subtlety beyond my capabilities.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1294 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:13 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1292, Nashville Dreams wrote:Don't you think I read his ISO before calling it devoid of analysis? Csareo had already done significant analysis and thinking by that point in his newbie game. Why don't you actually go read it?

Or are you too busy trying to defend Csareo?

The claim makes zero sense. There's no analysis from Csareo. He's claiming a PR that he can just nod along and go that's who it is.

You read his ISO and stand by your claim that he didn't try to break the game via flavor?
In post 1293, Nashville Dreams wrote:
In post 1291, Cutty Shark wrote:Could you tell me/quote for me your stance on AK's softclaim?

I like AK's softclaim a hell of a lot better. His soft claim can be proven. The fact you doubt his softclaim says more about your role PM than anything. Do not ask me to explain that as it requires subtlety beyond my capabilities.

Have you ever seen a Wizard that can conftown if given an item?
Csareo's role is proven from my pov. bork flavor claimed, and Csareo confirmed
and provided flavor that bork didn't include in his claim
. So far, Anatole has just gone "don't lynch me I can prove myself tomorrow or maybe D3 and I have info that can help town but revealing it might also hurt town"
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1295 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:20 pm

Yes. Claiming he "knows" four people's flavor is a shit claim. He can just say, yup that's your flavor all day long. Breaking the game actually has analysis. For all I know, you and Csareo are scum together. Csareo should either a) out the names of all the people he knows or b) all of the flavor names. Not both together (as that can lead to PR lynching). If we massclaim and the flavornames don't show up, then we have got Csareo as confirmed scum. If Csareo picks to announce whose roles he knows, any of them can argue he's scum when he fails to have knowledge. He should claim for those people if wagoned. That helps confirm him as town or scum. He'll fail that test because he's scum. Sorry.

Anatole needs someone to do something before his claim can be verified. For such an action star, I bet you have no bite to you.
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1296 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:27 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1295, Nashville Dreams wrote:He can just say, yup that's your flavor all day long.

Read what I italicized in my previous post.
In post 1295, Nashville Dreams wrote:Breaking the game actually has analysis.

Wouldn't analysis come after he got the claims out?
In post 1295, Nashville Dreams wrote:For all I know, you and Csareo are scum together.

I don't think we should be basing anything off what
you
know.
He did claim all 4 players he has flavor on. It's 18 fucking posts long. How did you miss it.

Answer my question. Have you or have you not seen a Wizard that needs an item before?
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1297 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:29 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

In post 1295, Nashville Dreams wrote:He can just say, yup that's your flavor all day long.

Also, the solution to see if he was faking would just be have him claim someone's flavor and they confirm instead of him confirming the claimer.
Basically it would be the stupidest fucking fakeclaim ever
Cutty Shark
Cutty Shark
Goon
Cutty Shark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1298 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:30 pm

Post by Cutty Shark »

My deepest apologies to everyone else
GOOD NIGHT
Nashville Dreams
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Nashville Dreams
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1299 (ISO) » Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:32 pm

In post 798, Csareo wrote:I wont be revealing the 4 players, so that way I can check there L-1 claim.

In post 825, Csareo wrote:
In post 823, I have no creativity wrote:i got an idea for everyone: how about we mass flavor claim

I know your flavor, and baboon's

In post 830, Csareo wrote::wink: Fonz isn't saying his flavor, because he has something to hide. I know it though :wink:

Ok he didn't post them in one post. Blah. I hate searching.

It doesn't seem like a stupid fake claim. You're defending it. He said it wouldn't be claiming them... and then he claims it.

Kinda perfect for scum. He makes up a flavor claim, you agree. It's "confirmed".

Frankly, the only thinks I believe are recorded here for all to see.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”