Newbie 1544 - Shakespeare Mafia: GAME OVER!

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:33 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1.2

I know a bank where the wild thyme blows,
Where oxlips and the nodding violet grows,
Quite over-canopied with luscious woodbine,
With sweet musk-roses and with eglantine.

aphix
(2): Jagged Appliance, Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
(1): aphix
Nachomamma8
(1): Shinobi
Conrad
(1): roseylily
Shinobi
(1): House

Not Voting
(3): Conrad, hephaestus, Nachomamma8

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline: October 28, Midnight Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2014-10-28 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:35 pm

Post by aphix »

I'm not really sure what happened there, but I rest my case on Klingon. That is some super overreaction. Me asking why his vote is on the IC has all the sudden lead to whiteknighting and scum buddies. That's pretty extreme words for page three with NO interaction between the two parties.

I was just asking you why. Without a why, even for RVS it's hard to get the game going. Newbie scum tend to think the IC is better for some reason and tend to lean in that direction in my experience. The fact that you couldn't answer that question, is a bit concerting. Couldn't just say, it was a random vote. I rolled a dice. I don't like nachos. My mother beat me as a child. I don't know, instead you say, well he could be scum. Your first post voting for someone because they "could be scum" seems a little fishy.

I also like how you say I twist your words and now your saying I have an OMGUS vote on Jagged App .... Please look at my vote history.

I'm completely fine with my vote for now.

Shinobi I agree with you that the nacho entrance feels off. I don't necessarily see it coming from a scum perspective but we'll see.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:38 pm

Post by House »

In post 68, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 59, House wrote:
In post 55, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 43, House wrote:
In post 42, Shinobi wrote:It doesn't matter if RVS has a purpose or not. You can totes question someone on their RVS.

I don't get why you're classifying my arguments as "white knighting" when I'm just trying to understand where this argument is coming from. It really doesn't feel all that important.

Funny, voting someone for acting scummy isn't all that important... but giving a player the third degree for casting a random vote on somebody that hasn't even posted yet (
and thus having no interaction to analyze
) is somehow justifiable?

Moonlogic.

It seems justifiable to me. The game hadn't started, aphix isn't sure how to get the game started, aphix is overaggressive, not to mention that I've never regarded overly aggressive questioning as a bad thing.

Aggressive and logical is good, but twisting a person's words to pressure them is b/s.

Then why do you have a town read on him?

I didn't say I had a town read. You did. I agreed that it could be a townie effort to get the ball rolling, and attributed the terribad method to R2R meta. It's not the first game I've been in up in hyur where a non-newbie went all rabid dog on a newbie.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:42 pm

Post by aphix »

Oh lets not forget Klingons definitely familiar with mafia terms and certainly has no hold back in throwing some weight around, but does toss out the "I'm a defenseless newbie card" right ....

In post 71, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 70, Klingoncelt wrote:Aphix post 16: "Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there."

Aphix post 23: "Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?"

Where in those quotes does anyone see the word "lurker?"

Nowhere, that's where.

I never said anything about Nacho lurking.

Someone's lying about my RVS vote.

Which is now a serious vote.

No, wait, I posted that too soon while highly distracted.

Nacho, are you Aphix's Scum Buddy?

Aphix, why are you White Knighting Nacho? Why are so so after a noob in her very first game here?

And, Aphix, why the OMGUS vote on Jagged Appliance?

Also curious where this lurking crap comes from ... Klingon pulls it completely out of his ass from what I can see in thread. Says people are misrepping his vote based on saying he said someones lurking, and that means a vote me is legitament?

If I somehow missed something can someone point where someone mentioned lurking business before Klingon brought it up?

... here.

Also
Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:04 pm

Post by Shinobi »

In post 67, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 62, Shinobi wrote:I actually find it incredibly odd that Nacho did the exact same thing that I just did but says the scumread on me is fine.

It's not like I have a scumread on you for it, I just don't have a town read on you for it. Why is that suspicious?

I think it's suspicious because it looked like you were promoting his scumread on me without passing proper judgement on it yourself. You kept your own perspective out of his thought process (IE that his scumread logic applied to you too) in yet you thought it was okay to tell him that he could push it.

It's a really strange way to interact with someone.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:18 pm

Post by aphix »

In post 16, aphix wrote:You guys are killing me. Open for twelve hours and we are on post 16 ....

Shinobi: good plan.

Roseylilly: What do you think of shinobis RVS sheep here?

Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there.

In post 23, aphix wrote:
In post 22, Klingoncelt wrote:Is this not RVS in a noob game? Don't worry, my voting will be more suitable once the Random Voting is over.

Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?

In post 27, aphix wrote:I thought this was a RVS VOTE. NOW HES SCUM?

Scuse the caps posting on phone.

In post 29, aphix wrote:So why the vote on him?

House, where in here is there an indicator of rabid dog on a newbie?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:21 pm

Post by House »

In post 60, Shinobi wrote:
In post 56, House wrote:
In post 54, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 31, House wrote:Hi all!

VOTE: aphix

You sure are digging in your heels on an RVS vote, and the deliberate misrep means more coming from an SE than if it had simply been a newbie.

Serious vote is serious. RVS over.

Aphix is undoubtedly my strongest town read for his attempts to get the game started. I don't think the misrep had any scum motivation behind it: he was bored because the game was going slowly, and so he pressured Klingon to get a reaction out of him and jumped the gun too hard when looking for contradictions.

I actually agree with you. Shinobi is the one that has pinged my scumdar with irrational excuses and deflection.

VOTE: Shinobi

I fail to see anything scummy about my posts, but maybe I'm biased.

Could you explain without simplifying my posts into nothingness?

Sure!

In post 41, House wrote:
In post 34, Shinobi wrote:I don't interpret that as a misrep.

The way I saw it, Klingon rvs'd and aphix questioned him on his rvs. Klingon said that Nacho could be scum,
but never said that beforehand

Why should a player state reason for an RVS vote?
Irrational statement is irrational.

In post 34, Shinobi wrote:Aphix's comment looks legitimate because Klingon voted Nacho beforehand without calling her scum explicitly.

Why would you call somebody that hasn't even posted yet scum?
Irrational statement is irrational.

In post 34, Shinobi wrote:
So I see his line of questioning as legitimate. I don't have a problem with it.

I see your whiteknighting as illegitimate. I have a problem with it.

Please present better arguments in the future.

To clarify, my point is that you were blindly defending aphix without knowing, questioning, or even
speculating about
his motives. On top of that, you were so desperate in your attempt to assuage my suspicion that you threw out completely illogical excuses instead of rational speculation as to why town-aphix might have motive to act in the way he did.

This kind of blind defense of another player suggests knowledge of that player's alignment that no townie would have at the beginning of the game.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:27 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Or maybe your case was just fucking stupid.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:29 pm

Post by House »

In post 82, Shinobi wrote:Or maybe your case was just fucking stupid.

Thanks for reassuring me that I caught scum right out the gate, but I already figured I nailed ya.

Shinobi
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Shinobi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by Shinobi »

Pfft.

Good thing we're in newbies.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:30 pm

Post by House »

In post 82, Shinobi wrote:Or maybe your case was just fucking stupid.

After all, if my case was "fucking stupid", I don't see why you'd have wasted so much time with it. :mrgreen:

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:42 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 76, aphix wrote:I'm not really sure what happened there, but I rest my case on Klingon. That is some super overreaction.

I'm not the one that posted in all caps and told another player that she can't RVS the IC.

Me asking why his vote is on the IC has all the sudden lead to whiteknighting and scum buddies. That's pretty extreme words for page three with NO interaction between the two parties.

First of all, it's
her
, chitlin.

And there was nothing sudden about it, you went nuts because I RVS'ed an IC.

I was just asking you why. Without a why, even for RVS it's hard to get the game going. Newbie scum tend to think the IC is better for some reason and tend to lean in that direction in my experience. The fact that you couldn't answer that question, is a bit concerting. Couldn't just say, it was a random vote.

You're lying, or an incredibly bad player. Anyone can RVS whomever they damn well please because RVS. No explanation is necessary until the
real
voting begins.

I rolled a dice. I don't like nachos. My mother beat me as a child. I don't know, instead you say, well he could be scum. Your first post voting for someone because they "could be scum" seems a little fishy.

No it doesn't. A player might be scum. A player might be town. Wow, what a huge tell. [/eyeroll]

I also like how you say I twist your words and now your saying I have an OMGUS vote on Jagged App .... Please look at my vote history.

You did twist my words. Actually you lied. You said that I called Nacho scum. I did not. And you immediately OMGUSed Jagged Appliance after his/her RV for you.

I'm completely fine with my vote for now.

How nice for you.

Shinobi I agree with you that the nacho entrance feels off. I don't necessarily see it coming from a scum perspective but we'll see.[/quote]
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:43 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

^ ^ ^ Last 3 lines should read:

How nice for you.

Shinobi I agree with you that the nacho entrance feels off. I don't necessarily see it coming from a scum perspective but we'll see.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:51 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 78, aphix wrote:Oh lets not forget Klingons definitely familiar with mafia terms and certainly has no hold back in throwing some weight around, but does toss out the "I'm a defenseless newbie card" right ....

Child, where exactly did I say that I'm defenseless?

And yes, I have played offsite. This is my 6th game, ever.

But what if I were a noob, never having played before and much younger as well? Your aggro style and flat out lying could drive a more sensitive noob to leave the site and not return. First impressions and all.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by House »

In post 88, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 78, aphix wrote:Oh lets not forget Klingons definitely familiar with mafia terms and certainly has no hold back in throwing some weight around, but does toss out the "I'm a defenseless newbie card" right ....

Which one did you not play over there, Klingon?

aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by aphix »

I examined he caps. In the post no less. Wasn't meant to be there. I post from phone soemtimes it does weird things. Good focus on that. Anyways done speaking with you, the over reaction to rvs is all you. Not me.

House are you ignoring me?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:00 pm

Post by aphix »

Explained.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:07 pm

Post by House »

In post 90, aphix wrote:
House are you ignoring me?

Nope, waiting patiently.

Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:23 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

In post 89, House wrote:
In post 88, Klingoncelt wrote:

Which one did you not play over there, Klingon?

Game 1.
Klingoncelt
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Klingoncelt
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:24 pm

Post by Klingoncelt »

Has hephaestus posted yet?
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 am

Post by aphix »

House: I don't expect anyone to know someone who hasn't posted is scum. Unless as stated, by process of elimination.

Hell I wasn't even concerned with klingon for most of it other then feeling like they were dodging questions, so I figured I'd poke. Rereading the thread still seems a lot of problems comign from post , that should read as:

In post 27, aphix wrote:I thought this was a RVS vote. Now he's scum?

HENCE.

In post 27, aphix wrote:Scuse the caps posting on phone.

I saw that I double tapped caps for RVS and didn't remove it. It's too much effort to retype on my phone AND:

In post 61, aphix wrote:Perhaps you are reading too much into the caps that are there because my phone weirded out and I wasn't going to go back and retype everything.

I wasn't actually concerned on Klingon's alignment other then potential 'newb' until and their posts go down hill from there. They pull some crap about nacho saying she called him a lurker, which from what I can see didn't happen. They say nacho is lying about her RVS vote ... Nacho's lying(that I don't ever see happening) seems to be cause for me to be scum ....

In me questioning their RVS vote becomes telling them they can't RVS vote. Please tell me where I stated that? And who's misrepping who now. They bring up the all caps bit, which I think I've been pretty clear on. Then in the same post, goes from being fairly reasonable, I'm being picked on to outright exploding all over the thread. Starts throwing in some name calling and insults. Then more on me lying ... I again never said you called nacho scum. I asked you a question.

Also, I really enjoy the attention spent on my OMGUSing Jagged App. Notice Klingon you are the only one paying attention to it. Because it was RVS crap meant to get reactions. You latching onto it and every other tiny straw and trying to make it into a case, is bullshit and overly defensive. You say I omgus voted klingon but blow up at me for giving you a little attention? Sweetheart, you either aren't suited to be on the internet your post is an indication of your blood pressure, or your post is full of faked emotion, because you are scum, and I'm the lucky mother fucker that poked the overreactive scum early in the game. I am pretty lucky so I'd vote that one.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:09 am

Post by aphix »

House: Honestly don't know how to answer your question any better than, I don't. So if that's not enough, please rephrase the question.
aphix
aphix
Mafia Scum
aphix
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:13 am

Post by aphix »

Also, if you all think I was just overreacting to one thing, how about look that I was putting out feelers to multiple people. Jagged App hasn't posted since then. Rose posted a completely straightforward direct response, and I continued pursuing the one that was one, actively posting, and two, I have a bad feeling about their posting so far. Sue me. But you don't find shit in a pot without stirring, and I'm damn good at stirring a pot.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:42 am

Post by House »

In post 80, aphix wrote:
In post 16, aphix wrote:You guys are killing me. Open for twelve hours and we are on post 16 ....

Shinobi: good plan.

Roseylilly: What do you think of shinobis RVS sheep here?

Klingon: Why the IC vote? Classic newbie scum move there.

In post 23, aphix wrote:
In post 22, Klingoncelt wrote:Is this not RVS in a noob game? Don't worry, my voting will be more suitable once the Random Voting is over.

Still doesn't explain to me why the IC?

In post 27, aphix wrote:I thought this was a RVS VOTE. NOW HES SCUM?

Scuse the caps posting on phone.

In post 29, aphix wrote:So why the vote on him?

House, where in here is there an indicator of rabid dog on a newbie?

I didn't say you were a rabid dog, I said I've seen it (so it isn't surprising to me that you would be so confrontational towards a member on their first game here).

Hope that clears up your confusion.

Also, I think you are reading too much into Klingon's hyperdefensive posts. I can't say why because <rules>, so "
I disagree on a scum read based purely on these grounds
" will have to do due to site restrictions.

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:47 am

Post by fferyllt »

You spotted snakes with double tongue,
Thorny hedgehogs, be not seen;
Newts and blind-worms, do no wrong,
Come not near our fairy queen.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”