massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1225 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:44 am

Post by massive »

In post 1186, Nero Cain wrote:but still, there was like no indication that you were 100% going to be the days lynch so I felt like you claimed for no legit reason.

Well, nothing to say here but agree to disagree. I like how you are voting for me but have no anticipation of me being lynched. Were you not planning on spending at least part of the day working towards this goal?

In post 1188, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:massive is NOT giving me the townflails feeling but there are some things that he has said that gives me pause. it kind of looks like he gave a reach out to me when he said, "it makes me sad that current site meta says that politeness shld be treated as a scumtell" which is ambiguous but I dunno. mebbe I have a soft spot for massive when I really shouldn't have.

I'm not reaching out to you. And I don't understand this "cake and eat it" mentality towards what I guess you see as Appeal To Emotion. Call someone drunk out of frustration? Scummy. Apologize and try and stand up and not stoop the lowest common denominator? Scummy. It's like you would have me just be a robot. BZZT BORK I AM TOWN BZZT

There ya go, now you should be convinced I reckon.

In post 1203, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:What do you mean by "Nero has to vote you for towncred"?

Given that I pushed him yesterday for trying to build up a "pressure" vote as an actual scum vote, and that I'd continue to push on his voting records if he abandoned his vote on me, I think he has to stick with me, at least until he can see where the wagon is going. But you can see he's already hedging about where this wagon is headed.

In post 1223, Aneninen wrote:The first part of your 1182 seems to be an attempt of shutting down the topic.

Don't be fooled. It shouldn't
seem
to be that. It actually
is
that.

---

In post 1213, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:considering we are probably looking at a team of three here as opposed to just one scumfuck.

This is correct and I will endeavour to go back and re-read this morning.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1226 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:54 am

Post by MTD »

Argh, why do I keep forgetting about this? Catching up right now.
still the same old MTD
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1227 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 2:59 am

Post by wgeurts »

In post 1226, MTD wrote:Argh, why do I keep forgetting about this? Catching up right now.

You have a lot to catch-up to then.
MTD
MTD
Mafia Scum
MTD
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1228 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 am

Post by MTD »

nah, 9 pages or something.

From first skim I still think there is scum in {wguerts, anen} and that massive is
probably
town.
I don't like daves too much, but some things he said made sense.
The hydrae do all look somewhat town to me, but I can't really read hydrae well.
What happened to all the sthar-hate?

I like Brian's catchup, but I didn't like the slot yesterday, so I'll have to see how that develops.
still the same old MTD
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1229 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:07 am

Post by davesaz »

I got time to look in depth at massive. I could only see one firm read by him in all this time, and it's the really weak case on Nero for "claiming that he always found wgeurts to be scummy". Not seeing any real suspicion of anyone else being scum, and no town reads. I could see town being defensive, but not to the extent of being absent on the scum hunting front. It could be that there is something subtle going on in his play, but I'm just not seeing it. Don't think it would reveal much to quote, since I'd have to quote everything to prove an absence of reads. Besides, with as much defending as massive is doing, if he really did post a read he can always defend against me too.

Don't think I'm ready to vote yet, still lots to look at. But I do find massive scummy enough to go along today if it gets down to he's the only wagon. I find it strange that we don't have at least two major suspects, there is still a lot of work to do.

Side note: A scum team going for no lynch could have been trying to set up a godfather to be copped, given that close to 50% of the possible setups have a godfather.
Aneninen
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Aneninen
He
Very Important Pigeon
Very Important Pigeon

Post Post #1230 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 4:45 am

Post by Aneninen »

Mobilepos. Im working.
Massive, which question have I left unanswered?
I'll answer as I have time.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1231 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 5:47 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1225, massive wrote:I like how you are voting for me but have no anticipation of me being lynched.

and I like how you are desperately trying to twist my words. You got wagoned yesterday, there was a good chance you'd get wagoned today but that does NOT mean that you were 100% going to be the days lynch (unless maybe it was a planned bus.) Its so frustratingly stupid that I have THE hardest time thinking you are town.

Brian is town reading me? I always get so paranoid when players that usually scum read me flip and town read me.

In post 1209, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Why is claiming you are a vanilla townie early scummy?

I'm arguing the same thing. Why is he scummy for this and I'm not?

In post 1205, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:when analyzing the majority of player's
meats
on this site.

Mollie can analyze my meat anyday.....
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1232 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:19 am

Post by massive »

In post 1230, Aneninen wrote:Mobilepos. Im working.
Massive, which question have I left unanswered?
I'll answer as I have time.

Why specifically it's more scummy to claim at L-4 or 5 vs. L-2 or 1. What specifically scum have to gain from claiming early.
"1AM .. not a good time to think I started mixing massive and mathcam" - Totem, DP8
"unvote mlaker; vote massive; It's like MeMe/mneme and Corsato/Cadmium" - Dragon Phoenix, Newbie 38
PLEASE NOTE: I actively avoid being online on weekends! Don't replace me just because of this!
massive
massive
Mafia Scum
massive
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1233 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:39 am

Post by massive »

In post 1231, Nero Cain wrote:and I like how you are desperately trying to twist my words. You got wagoned yesterday, there was a good chance you'd get wagoned today but that does NOT mean that you were 100% going to be the days lynch (unless maybe it was a planned bus.) Its so frustratingly stupid that I have THE hardest time thinking you are town.

Look. Think I'm scum, fine. Think I'm town, fine. Quit using mealy-mouth words and trying to cover all your bases with parenthetical comments, and I'll stop pointing out how obvious they are.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1234 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:58 am

Post by davesaz »

Let's suppose for a moment that you're town. Perhaps you'd like to do something productive for town other than defend yourself?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1235 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:05 am

Post by 50 Shades of Purple »

@ massive

okay you didn't reach out. to me it felt like it was. sorry for giving you the benefit of the doubt.

thanks for making me feel better about my vote I guess!

@ nero

STAHP TRYING TO MAKE NACHO JEALOUS IT ISN"T GONNA WORK!!!
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
Bert: Home Depot sells beef jerky! Hot damn!
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1236 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:12 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1205, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I don't know what you mean by hydra excuses.

Spoiler: these
In post 1215, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:Sthar is Mollie's jam which I promised I'd get around to but haven't quite made it to yet.

In post 1153, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I just wanna talk to nacho and get a list out first.

In post 1119, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:okay, nacho called and I was talking to him cos he is much more important than any dumb game!

we didn't talk about the game sorry, we were planning on when we are going to see each other. we will get to this real soon I promise.

In post 802, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I would just like to inform people that nacho fell asleep on me again. how rude

Basically all the "I'm not talking about whatever because I called nacho and we didn't talk about mafia!" is empty and useless and excuses for avoiding things.

I don't think "sthar tends to active lurk as scum" is a bad premise when analyzing the majority of player's meats on this site.

The argument is that I lurk tactically for advantage as scum. a) I haven't been active lurking, I was actually just v/la for a while and b) mollie started pushing me for being absent while I was V/LA and didn't let up when I came back. She knows my meats, she knows I can be inconsistent sometimes. She knows it's not a scumtell, and in fact she knows that I'm more likely to be super active as scum.
And skimming is something that everyone occasionally does: where exactly has Mollie skimmed and misread something of yours?

Sure, it's also a sign that you're not engaged in the game. Mollie has a harder time engaging as scum. I think it's cause she's so sweet.

And really? Not being aware of the nightkill?
sthar8
sthar8
Mafia Scum
sthar8
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1237 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:16 am

Post by sthar8 »

In post 1193, Heartless wrote:I thought about it and I think your theory is flawed, sthar.

Maybe but mollie and nacho are both proficient enough to know that we needed to start consolidating. What did they do instead? Stop posting. I think they were hoping that my wagon would be the deadline compromise, shitty as it was.
MonkeyMan
MonkeyMan
Goon
MonkeyMan
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1238 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:47 am

Post by MonkeyMan »

In post 1229, davesaz wrote:Side note: A scum team going for no lynch could have been trying to set up a godfather to be copped, given that close to 50% of the possible setups have a godfather.

This right here doesn't sit well with me at all. Like at all.

VOTE: davesaz

For real, what was the purpose of this part of the post?
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1239 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:54 am

starella

have a seat:

why I think you are scum is cos you were around during your v/la and towards the end of the day and did nothing to help. you lurked the game out plain and sensible. I know you were on v/la but you were posting in site chat and no, I cannot ignore that.

everything you have posted about us has been OMGUS, scftwr and "bad meta" which is pretty ironic cos that is what you are accusing us of, when I have been doing anything but skimming. I have put forth way more content than you and while I do not prettify my words my angles are legit and if you indulged in a speck of self-honesty you know what I am saying is true. but I get it; YOU'RE SCUM and have to do what scum do I guess. I have never really hard gone after you before but I am seeing a lot of similarity between this game and faith. I think you are scum.

the quotes you quoted were not game related and that is cheap play cos it is obvs I was trying to bring levity to the thread cos I can do that in this hydra. I
always
tease nacho when we hydra, mostly cos I know his alignment and I don't have to worry about him. so either you are being deliberately obtuse or just plain dumb, the latter which I don't believe.

so IF you are town then you need to do a hard reset. plain and simple.

I think there is a good chance massive is scum. I think nero is kind of scummy for flirting with me; nero doesn't outright flirt with me ever but nacho won't let me near nero and yes, sometimes nacho gets his way even.

you were around but bitching at other players for not being so; hypocrisy is NOT a scumtell but in this case I think it actually is.

all responses will now be reduced to "DIE SCUM DIE!". cos you are scum and I will not sit back and watch in yet another game where you sprinkle stardust in people's eyes and bewitch them into this weird complacency where you wind up skating and winning. cos as much effort as you are putting in now, I know it will last for only as long as you are put under scrutiny.
Cabd: Does Home Freakin Depot sell sex toys alongside the hardware or something? Because all we have here in California is plain old Home Depot.
davesaz
davesaz
He
Survivor
davesaz
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1240 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by davesaz »

In post 1238, MonkeyMan wrote:
In post 1229, davesaz wrote:Side note: A scum team going for no lynch could have been trying to set up a godfather to be copped, given that close to 50% of the possible setups have a godfather.

This right here doesn't sit well with me at all. Like at all.

VOTE: davesaz

For real, what was the purpose of this part of the post?

I made an observation about the setups which are possible under C9++, and a theory about why scum might arrange a no-lynch. I don't see any reason to be especially jumpy about it. If this observation is useful then good. It may be totally useless.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1241 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:02 pm

Post by Heartless »

UNVOTE:

Moment of Clarity

So, I haven't had any sleep for the last 37 hours, but as I was laying in bed a second ago, something just occurred to me. I've been looking at all the wrong people.

massive isn't scum.

(And I don't think 50 Shades is either.)

And he's not scum for a few reasons. One is that there's a notable lack of a counterwagon or any real competing suspects/wagons today. The other is the stark contrast between what happened with the massive wagon yesterday and today. Yesterday, it never really got off the ground; the only people that really bought into it were Anti and Nero Cain. Now all sorts of people are crawling out of the woodwork to vote massive and he's already gotten to 5 votes
in only 6 pages and 4 realtime days
with no competing counterwagons
. There also hasn't been a change in the case on massive, other than perhaps the premature VT claim, but I don't think that's scummy anyway. It
has
to make you wonder.

There
is
an explanation for the day's occurrences.

MTD, wgeurts, and sthar8 are scum.

I already knew I had early concerns about wgeurts but I tabled them because he never seemed to be on Anti's radar for scum. He's scummy, though. Say what you want about
any
of his other behavior in this game, but this post (Post 1156) is scum. It's pretty much an objective summary of massive's play this game with sparse references. None of it even
looks
right; some of the sentences ("He then starts using the "you have no reason to vote me" argument which is also (IMO) horribly scummy.") have this dangling reason that doesn't lead to the stated conclusoin. Overall, it's incredibly shoehorned and awkward and notably lacks any kind of thread of logic leading up to a satisfying conclusion of "massive is scum." It looks exactly like he cobbled something together in response to the criticism of his earlier vote being opportunistic. (On a side-note, I have no idea why he chose to spoiler it since it's a very manageable length anyway.)

I had confidence in sthar leading up to this point, but after little thought, I really don't have any reason to be. The massive push today is based on a lot of faulty arguments. He also hasn't been engaging us (especially Antihero) on Day 1, which is weird since he's been townreading us this whole time and we never seem to have been in sync reads-wise. That seems odd, considering how Chosen went. sthar being scum would also explain how the massive wagon took off as quickly as it did (as I already explained in the opening paragraph).

That's two scum on the wagon. I don't think 50 Shades or Nero are scum, so there's probably another off the wagon.

My bet's on MTD. There's ostensible criticism of the massive wagon, but nothing really substantial is really delineated in the thread in terms of that townread, which is odd considering that the size of the wagon. There's also a noticeable lack of a vote or an attempt to start a competing wagon so I'm guessing he's more than happy to just let this massive wagon roll along. This dichotomy he recently presented (Anen or wgeurts) is completely nonsensical and Anen is likely town anyway. Looking back at Day 1 activity, there's really nothing that inspires confidence.

There's only a couple flaws with this theory. One is that it could fall apart if there are only 2 mafia or a serial killer. I'm guessing that the presence of only one kill on Night 1 is a likely indicator that there's only one scum faction, though. And if Jingle really did randomize the setup, the likelihood of 2 T's or 4 T's being generated is much higher than 6 T's. (For there to be 6 T's, Jingle would have to get 6/7 numbers between 1-100 that fall between 1 and 50. Someone who has the time and/or inclination to do so can run a statistical significance test.) The other flaw is that it doesn't really give a satisfying explanation for why TSO was killed on Night 1. I'll see what Antihero thinks about all this. Right now, though, I have to get some sleep because I feel like I'm about to pass out at my computer.

VOTE: sthar8

-TTH
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Best origin story ever told

TellTaleHeart and Antihero
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1242 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:14 pm

I am so on board with this you have no idea.

VOTE: starella
50 Shades of Purple
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
50 Shades of Purple
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1243 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:19 pm

anem's shift on us to us being scum cos we are scumreading star was pretty freaking weird.

I am waiting for brian to fully catch up.

I feel like monkey's post about feeling left out reads as lost town. I DON"T get the same vibe from wgurtz thing.
Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1244 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:07 pm

Post by Heartless »

...the hell happened here...
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1245 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:08 pm

Post by Heartless »

anen making laughably bad posts

i see things haven't changed too much
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1246 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:09 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1223, Aneninen wrote:@50Shades-Mollie Stop that bullshyt! Sthar is most probably town, I've already explained why. We're not lynching him Today. Aaand, while you're saying that Sthar is scum, sheeping Nero and Heartless with that vote without posting anything about Massive!? Welcome to my scumpool! Some other reasons are posted above too.

^specifically, this
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1247 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:10 pm

Post by Heartless »

i see wall posts from mollie and tth

progress
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1248 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:12 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1239, 50 Shades of Purple wrote:I think nero is kind of scummy for flirting with me; nero doesn't outright flirt with me ever but nacho won't let me near nero and yes, sometimes nacho gets his way even.

watwatwatjwatjwatwajtlkawjtklj;awkjdfl;jadsf
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Heartless
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Heartless
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1249 (ISO) » Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:13 pm

Post by Heartless »

In post 1231, Nero Cain wrote:Mollie can analyze my meat anyday.....

yeah, i don't think this counts as flirting

this is more like...............

weird and awkward
Show
those who are Heartless
once cared so much

Return to “Completed Open Games”