wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2200 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:39 pm

Post by wgeurts »

In post 2195, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2193, wgeurts wrote:Can someone opt to show who these low-hanging fruits were are which post he plucked them?

Rephrase this please

Can someone quote and explain where ABR plucked "low-hanging fruits"?
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2201 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:50 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

so when you say ABR's play is "consistent with his meta", you mean to say that his play here is similar to his play as traitor in the game you played with him?

His varsoon vote was ISO #5 through #8, his mara post was #43 through #49.

So the ONLY two pushes he's made all game were on people who were already heavily under scrutiny, hence the term "picking low hanging fruit"
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:52 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

If it's a messenger that's scum, they might have no intention to claim if they want to use their messages for evil. While I'm not really sold on that being the case, I don't necessarily see how ABR's skepticism is unhealthy.

The wagon has a lot of people I was reading town, so I'm not necessarily sure. I guess I don't see it.

Chet: ffery is probably the only person on the ABR wagon I'm not townreading (okay I'm not really sure about notscience at this point). She bothered me a little with some of her handling of Varsoon yesterday, but I haven't put a lot of thought towards her D2, other than I realized she was one of the people on Varsoon that I didn't suspect of being town. I've been meaning to look back and see if I could better quantify what bothered me.

I remember D1 she would chime in with some of the stuff I was thinking and would have posted had I not been catching up, which I liked.
wgeurts
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
wgeurts
They/Them
Pokédex
Pokédex
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #2203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:53 pm

Post by wgeurts »

I'll ISO ABR, he's looking town to me but I haven't had a deeper look yet. Thanks for the posts though.
orcinus_theoriginal
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
orcinus_theoriginal
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:57 pm

Post by orcinus_theoriginal »

In post 2201, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:so when you say ABR's play is "consistent with his meta", you mean to say that his play here is similar to his play as traitor in the game you played with him?

This is a question addressed to you.

Save The Dragons wrote:If it's a messenger that's scum, they might have no intention to claim if they want to use their messages for evil.
Sure, but if you're willing to consider that, then you might as well consider the possibility of Cabd-scum or a redirect or any number of possibilities. Instead Albert seems to think Brian is conftown and I am far from it. It's a cognitive disconnect to consider one possibility and not the other.
We are lazy people on an adventure, flirting with life but too shy to go all the way.
LynxKuroneko
LynxKuroneko
Goon
LynxKuroneko
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:59 pm

Post by LynxKuroneko »

As much as I love Advance Wars, I'm not ready for a Large (both experience and time-wise). This position could be better served by someone who can actually be helpful to town. Best of luck to everyone. I really wish I could stay.

Also, the best lynch I see here based on content is Mara / SSK / cabd. Its a gut thing, which seems to be right quite often since I started.

Much to my chagrin, replace me.

Spoiler: How I feel.
When locked in a fortress in your own mind, be careful what door you open.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:03 pm

Post by notscience »

What the fuck
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Cheetory6
Cheetory6
MS Painter
Cheetory6
MS Painter
MS Painter

Post Post #2207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:48 pm

Post by Cheetory6 »

Fuck yes. Finally caught up.

I like NS for town.

@STD
, #254 with a vote and unvote in the same post is weird. I know it was a while ago, but why did you bother including both? Also, where are you sitting on ABR?

@Cabd
, what's your read on Konowa? Also, why didn't you try and enforce what you said in #261 at any point during D1? Is there any reason you haven't been attacking bad wagonvotes if you were pushing this mentality earlier?

Lynx is bothering me for reasons that have already been stated. Saying he's okay with Varsoon wagon and is impatient for it to go through, but not committing a vote to it feels safe.

Waffling on SMP. He needs to do more this cycle/he needs to vote for literally anybody at this point.
Also,
SMP wrote:Also, in a large game, the players who post a ton without actually saying anything or clog up the thread do more damage than in a 13 player game.

Why is Flubber the best example of this?

Feel like ABR is scum. Thing that resonates with me the most right now is that he tried to seem all proactive by saying wagons should happen while sitting on a useless grapes vote for no obvious reason.

VOTE: Albert
Gloves off, your move.

orci wrote:some meta work fery and i did

Would you mind elaborating on this?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2208 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:41 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

I see the Albert wagon and all my townreads sitting on it. But I think you're all being distracted by Albert's chaotic playstyle.

VOTE: SMP
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2209 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:44 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Also, whether you agree with him or not, I think the things he's saying regarding Mara are coming from a townie mindset.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2210 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2146, fferyllt wrote:
In post 2143, Save The Dragons wrote:
In post 2140, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Hey ns albert is scum come wagon him with me

Why is ABR scum for disputing that you're cop cleared?

Why is ABR scum for reasons other than that?

because he's trying to draw out someone to claim to be the amnesiac cop.

and that is what scum-ABR does.

Ffery loses townpoints for this post because that's not what Albert was doing.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2211 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:46 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

Not fixing it.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2212 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:Well, I guess the sensation I was getting was that your town game had more effort in it. You came into that game and made a lot of stances and I didn't get that feeling here. But cop claim/ your reads are developing more in thread I don't have those scum feelings for you anymore.

I don't really need to worry about my neighborhood atm? and I already explained it there lol.

I was pretty energized when I joined that game and I like to make reads lists (and throw all my thoughts in the thread) like those in smaller games (especially if I'm replacing in and already have access to a large amount of information and strong reads). Larger games are more chaotic for me because I only hold onto a handful of reads at a time. My effort level is also pretty random across my games.

I meant I don't see why you can't share your read on Mara ('there' as in Mara) in this thread, even if it's related to interactions in your neighborhood (except for role-related stuff, I'm not interested in that right now).

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:Do I really have to explain? I just don't want my neighborhood to be reduced unless it has to all things considering.

When you make a weird claim like this that I can't track in thread, I'm going to ask you about it. And I'm going to bug you about it as long as I think it's important. You and Mara have been townreading each other for most of this game and I want to know about it (especially with the Mara suspicions that are still floating around).

In post 2013, Honey bee wrote:I agree, but I can tell you her role name doesn't match her claimed ability.

Nati's been a little creative with his setup design. Some of the stuff makes sense just based on the original theme. Other stuff seems to have been derived from a deeper understanding of story, gameplay, or wordplay (such as Varsoon's abilities).

It's possible she real-claimed her ability (especially if she was so certain Orci would be able to verify the star thing), but it doesn't make the role or usage town-motivated. Her logic of "Orci's scum because he shouldn't be scumreading me for using my ability on him even though he has no idea what I'm softing" was pretty bad and I still can't see it making any sense from a town mindset.

In post 2015, Honey bee wrote:the thing counts as a living player but is unvotable, which bothers the fuck out of me. and I think we should be considering avoiding putting people at l-1 on the chance that the tank will hammer it.

That's a pretty good strategy. It's also good to be wary of wagons Albert isn't already on because I've had experience with him quickhammering wagons (as town no less). The neotank being unvoteable is pretty much expected for me because Cabd included a similar mechanic in his Gerrymander game where the Social Media vote was unvoteable (and I think the mechanic here is similar to that).
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2213 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:27 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2024, Cabd wrote:
In post 2018, fferyllt wrote:my paranoia right now mostly centers on Cabd.

I can think of exactly 169 reasons not to be paranoid of me.

I can only think of one two. But hey, feel free to flaunt that confidence.

Also, why do you make it sound like I'm hard to read or something?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2214 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:28 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2213, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2024, Cabd wrote:
In post 2018, fferyllt wrote:my paranoia right now mostly centers on Cabd.

I can think of exactly 169 reasons not to be paranoid of me.

I can only think of
one
two. But hey, feel free to flaunt that confidence.

Also, why do you make it sound like I'm hard to read or something?
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2215 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:42 pm

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 2121, BipolarChemist wrote:In between these two posts, there was like no mention of Varsoon. You went from expected Varsoon to flip scum to hard defending him for the rest of the day. Where did this come from?

Mara didn't flip on Varsoon. In 736, she was talking about her scumread on Orci based on her 'replacement summary' tell.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2216 (ISO) » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:45 pm

Post by notscience »

Brian you do realize 169 was referring to a game right
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:10 am

Post by Bookitty »

I'm not convinced that ABR is scum.

However, I have noticed a weird tag-team thing going on with him and STD in which one will attack/vote me for a while, then drop off and the other one will take a turn. I think both were voting me at one point. This would be less problematic for me if ABR hadn't used my vote on Mara like it was super-glued there for life. If he doesn't trust me, then why trust my vote on Mara?

ABR: Why were you voting me, please?

I was kind of chalking up STD's votes as evidence that he was having trouble getting into the game; the same for his repeated "I want the Star points!" meme. At this point, though, I want him to make a case on me to explain his thought process, because I'm not seeing it and I still think he's following ABR's lead.

STD: Please make a case on me to go along with your vote.

Right now we have TWO replacement requests for slots in an 89-page Day Two game. We're about two days from deadline. I can vote ABR to get a lynch, but I think both Lynx and Mara slots are more likely to be scum. I understand Orcinus's 180 on Mara because he's been good enough to explain it. It feels, though, (and please correct me if I'm wrong) as if a lot of other people are treating that slot as conftown just until there's a replacement, though. When the replacement comes in, the suspicions will return and people will be asking for a claim and behaving as if the replace-out is not alignment indicative again. If this is wrong, please tell me so.

I think (and this is more tentative) that the slot SHOULD be questioned when the replacement comes in. I just feel like it's unfair to ask a replacement to explain things that were legitimately scummy and which probably can't be adequately explained regardless of the alignment. If the slot hasn't been redeemed by the replace-out, then it should be lynched imo, regardless of replacement or not. For me, the slot is still the same slot and what happened prior to the meltdown still happened.

That said, I don't want a no-lynch.

VOTE: LynxKuroneko

I can move my vote if needed for a lynch.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:26 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2186, Cheetory6 wrote:
@SSK&ffery
, what're your reads on each other?

Also
@SSK
, are you still scumreading orci? Why did you being annoyed with his play indicate that he's scummy?

I think he's town.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:27 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2180, notscience wrote:You know

I should be excited about liking this wagon so much

But I am not

Why aren't you excited about liking the wagon?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:28 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2198, Cheetory6 wrote:
@STD
, can I get your read on ffery?

What is your read of STD? Of me?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:29 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2199, wgeurts wrote:
In post 2194, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:
In post 2192, wgeurts wrote:I've done it before and played with him as traitor while I was scum. We however knew he was traitor so I followed his game well.

Rephrase this please

Sorry, Dutch phone-posting here.
I've played as scum in open stack the deck, he was traitor and I was role cop. I investigated him Night 1 and he turned up traitor. Therefor I was well aware of how he was playing as scum, I know his scum game. I also did meta on him to defend him from a bus I started on him.

What do you think of his play in this game?

Idic
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:33 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2187, wgeurts wrote:
In post 2122, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm gonna go pee now.

What changed was a whole possible paranoia of lynching a paranoid cop, haven't you read anything?

apparently I haven't read anything either because what the hell are you talking about
In post 2189, wgeurts wrote:
In post 2122, BipolarChemist wrote:I'm gonna go pee now.

You listed only one post of me which was explained exstensiveley, I believe you're not even trying to scumhunt however any case on you will now look like OMGUS.

^scummy
In post 2192, wgeurts wrote:I'm sorry but ABR's play is consistent with his meta, I've done it before and played with him as traitor while I was scum. We however knew he was traitor so I followed his game well.

Yeah the thing that orc said... if this is consistent with his scum game that would be a bad thing
In post 2210, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 2140, orcinus_theoriginal wrote:Hey ns albert is scum come wagon him with me

I kinda think it might be thpugh
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:33 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 2210, Brian Skies wrote:

What do you think he was doing, then?

Idic
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #2224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:52 am

Post by fferyllt »

SSK what are your thoughts about ABR?

Also, Brian, did you read the mafia discussion thread I linked earlier?

Idic

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”