Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:40 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 823, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:And if it's not obvious, I'm sort of suspicious of wischo as cult given their interactions with UT, but I'd need actual evidence of a cult for that since otherwise he seems non-scum. Pie is indifferent to that opinion.

In post 828, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:You seemed interested in keeping him alive, positing that he's a jester and that, if truthful, we could just not target him.

I believe Wischo's interactions were largely based on the way UT was playing their role, not on the claim itself. UT was just asking to die, not specifically scumhunting or looking to sort reads, which feels a lot more like jester play.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:44 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 827, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:Ok, so dram is in part because he's unapologetically stating an unpopular opinion, which happens to also be correct. He has absolutely no reason as scum to be pushing skitty-lynch because of survivor. It would be super easy to just agree with wischo or even to just let the wagon happen and lurk.

Adorkable is in part by feels of both me and pie, another part is that the reasons for voting GGG are not the things that I find scummy about him, and look somewhat invented.

Bro was pie's catch that I agree with to an extent. He felt like bro's entrance was one-linery and lacking in the sort of scumhunting aggression that he had seen in other games. He points out that bro feels like his AoT self, which I don't really remember well enough to be able to agree with. I mostly just feel like bro and I tend to think alike about a lot of things and that it's odd that he didn't come up with a similar suspect list.

I don't really agree with your reasoning for thinking Dram's town because I still feel like the focus is oblong and weird for a townie. But his behavior does seem to match his idea that Survivors are anti-town and must die.

Your Adorkable/Bro reads are interesting to me, especially considering Bro was oddly sensitive towards Ooba regarding Adorkable. Bro doesn't really feel like he did in AoT because his play there was oddly wacky and scummy coming from him.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:46 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 831, dramonic wrote:
In post 795, Brian Skies wrote:Dramonic - In what fucking world is a survivor more threatening than an SK? We literally have to weed out and kill the SK before it fucks up our wincon.

Sk literally has to weed out and kill scum before they fuck up his wincon.
Survivor does not.
So... in every fucking world, and every abstinent one as well

SK's have every motivation to kill both strong town and scum. They also can't win with the town.

Survivor's, for the most part, are benign and the one in this game has claimed a win condition that doesn't conflict with ours.

I'm not having this argument with you when I already know you're going to lose.
Brian Skies
Brian Skies
Survivor
Brian Skies
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:57 am

Post by Brian Skies »

In post 838, adorkable wrote:two days

but yeah sorry I just got super lazy on my day off, and not only including this game =/

I was talking about Pieguyn. And it ended up being about 3 days between Pie posts.

In post 838, adorkable wrote:I understand where WoH is coming from in 731 re:ZZZX but I'm not sure if I agree. I see town motivation for randomly claiming something like that even if it was incredibly stupid.

I can too! But mostly because I've seen Ika do it in Streetracers. "Hey look at me, I may or may not be a good scumkill. Eliminate me at your own risk."
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:05 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

Spoiler:
In post 848, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 806, Southern Belles wrote:@ brian

I think I already said where tammy was? v/la? we are town (and being pretty obvious about it) but I wonder has your hydra partner even posted yet? if not then then why are are you screaming for tammy?

Of all the things you address in that post, you're worried about me asking about Tammy? I'm not even screaming for her. I can show you screaming. Also, 'obvtown' isn't something I throw around casually, and I don't remember seeing anything from you that struck me as 'obvtown'.

My hydra partner is busy (as was said in our first post) and I got designated as the posting head anyways. Something about him thinking hydras only need one head to post to prevent dissonance or something. He's only posted once in our QT and I don't think he's even read the game yet. So expect this hydra to play out a lot like my Red Gyarados hydra in Saki (minus Notty deathtunnelling you).

In post 849, Brian Skies wrote:Also, one thing I failed to mention earlier regarding AA9: If someone knows a specific behavior is a towntell for them, is it still a towntell?

In post 850, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 823, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:And if it's not obvious, I'm sort of suspicious of wischo as cult given their interactions with UT, but I'd need actual evidence of a cult for that since otherwise he seems non-scum. Pie is indifferent to that opinion.

In post 828, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:You seemed interested in keeping him alive, positing that he's a jester and that, if truthful, we could just not target him.

I believe Wischo's interactions were largely based on the way UT was playing their role, not on the claim itself. UT was just asking to die, not specifically scumhunting or looking to sort reads, which feels a lot more like jester play.

In post 851, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 827, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:Ok, so dram is in part because he's unapologetically stating an unpopular opinion, which happens to also be correct. He has absolutely no reason as scum to be pushing skitty-lynch because of survivor. It would be super easy to just agree with wischo or even to just let the wagon happen and lurk.

Adorkable is in part by feels of both me and pie, another part is that the reasons for voting GGG are not the things that I find scummy about him, and look somewhat invented.

Bro was pie's catch that I agree with to an extent. He felt like bro's entrance was one-linery and lacking in the sort of scumhunting aggression that he had seen in other games. He points out that bro feels like his AoT self, which I don't really remember well enough to be able to agree with. I mostly just feel like bro and I tend to think alike about a lot of things and that it's odd that he didn't come up with a similar suspect list.

I don't really agree with your reasoning for thinking Dram's town because I still feel like the focus is oblong and weird for a townie. But his behavior does seem to match his idea that Survivors are anti-town and must die.

Your Adorkable/Bro reads are interesting to me, especially considering Bro was oddly sensitive towards Ooba regarding Adorkable. Bro doesn't really feel like he did in AoT because his play there was oddly wacky and scummy coming from him.

In post 852, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 795, Brian Skies wrote:Dramonic - In what fucking world is a survivor more threatening than an SK? We literally have to weed out and kill the SK before it fucks up our wincon.

Survivor does not.

SK's have every motivation to kill both strong town and scum. They also can't win with the town.

Survivor's, for the most part, are benign and the one in this game has claimed a win condition that doesn't conflict with ours.

In post 853, Brian Skies wrote:
In post 838, adorkable wrote:two days

but yeah sorry I just got super lazy on my day off, and not only including this game =/

I was talking about Pieguyn. And it ended up being about 3 days between Pie posts.

In post 838, adorkable wrote:I understand where WoH is coming from in 731 re:ZZZX but I'm not sure if I agree. I see town motivation for randomly claiming something like that even if it was incredibly stupid.

I can too! But mostly because I've seen Ika do it in Streetracers. "Hey look at me, I may or may not be a good scumkill. Eliminate me at your own risk."

Mine.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:09 pm

Post by Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai »

In post 851, Brian Skies wrote:Your Adorkable/Bro reads are interesting to me, especially considering Bro was oddly sensitive towards Ooba regarding Adorkable. Bro doesn't really feel like he did in AoT because his play there was oddly wacky and scummy coming from him.

the main parallel I'm seeing is that of specious or otherwise manipulative argumentation

if you remember from that game, a lot of the arguments he was pushing weren't actually correct and were generally very shallow. he also heavily relied on this in NY167. on the other hand, in my experience with town BRO, all his arguments were *very* rock solid and logical. the coaching point reads as an example of this

I also thought it was weird that he brought up Wicked, bc if you look at his Mala case from that game, he had a lot more on Mala than what he has here and the arguments he had were a lot better, and it doesn't make sense that he would believe his coaching argument here with the same amount of conviction that he believed in his Mala case from that game. I think it comes from more of a scum-seeking-approval mindset than a town-trying-to-figure-things-out mindset. there are other posts that gave me similar vibes

there's some other things I think are individually scummy, which will have to wait until later bc no time atm. I'm also taking into account that BRO's scum play in AOT was probably the most obvious scum play I've seen, so I'd expect his play to generally be better than that.
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:39 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

In post 855, Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai wrote:if you remember from that game, a lot of the arguments he was pushing weren't actually correct and were generally very shallow. he also heavily relied on this in NY167. on the other hand, in my experience with town BRO, all his arguments were *very* rock solid and logical. the coaching point reads as an example of this

The thing that bothered me the most about Bro that game was that a lot of his points just made no sense to me and I couldn't figure out why he was bringing them up. He tried to use Gif as support for mod meta when it wasn't even Gif's setup to begin with. Among other things (I should have listened to you but I was busy crumbing that Dan was town :p ).

I never read Wicked and I have no interest in doing so. I'll cede the coaching point because I agree, but it's the only thing that stands out to me regarding Bro. I don't know anything about Shos, so I don't really have an opinion on it (and I thought Shos' pushback on Bro was really weird). I don't mind waiting for the other things, but either I'm able to comprehend where Bro is coming from in his posts, or I'm just not seeing the same logical inconsistencies that you are.

I have noticed the Bro/adorkable thing, but I think they're implying some sort of relationship that I'm putting off for now.
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:43 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

Why is Droog town?
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:46 pm

In post 847, The Will of Heaven wrote:

Did you fully read our interactions with UT? I pointed out that this was a bastard game and so there was probably going to be a day killing role that could take care of him. I said I would lynch him if for some reason there wasn't a day killing role that took care of him.

You mentioned that UT was inevitably going to be dayvigged in , and mention again that he'd be a good dayvig in , but you don't want to lynch him. Neither reflects a desire to see him die. You mentioned somewhere that nacho wanted to vote him, but didn't act on that.

-kagami
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:46 pm

played with droog scum twice, including being in a hood with him. It's just a meta-feel mostly for me.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Post by dramonic »

In post 852, Brian Skies wrote:

Survivor does not.

...I can't tell if you're using tactical omission to push an agenda, or are just THAT dumb.
Rayfrost do something about your hydra buddy before I die from a rage-induced aneurysm :(

You can literally end both of those statements you made with scum and they`re still correct. I mean, besides the being benign part, that`s probably the brain damage talking.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:49 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

Kagami, see 850.

I don't think Wischo thought UT shouldn't die, they just didn't want to lynch him in case he was a jester. I don't see how asking for a Dayvig reflects a lack of desire to see UT die.
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

I am no longer acknowledging Dram's existence.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Post by dramonic »

Geez, that's pretty protown!
I'm a hoot
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:51 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

I think it is! Alternatively, we can get into a 10 page shitfest over an argument that has literally zero relevance in the grand scheme of things.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:52 pm

In post 861, Winter Skies wrote:Kagami, see 850.

I don't think Wischo thought UT shouldn't die, they just didn't want to lynch him in case he was a jester. I don't see how asking for a Dayvig reflects a lack of desire to see UT die.

They didn't ask for him to die, they accepted it as an inevitability if a dayvig exists.
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by dramonic »

Lynching scum is never relevant, silly me!
I'm a hoot
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

So, what's your point Kagami? Because the only thing I saw was them not wanting to lynch UT in case they're a jester.
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:53 pm

I only thought of this now, but UT wouldn't have claimed that day actions were ok if he were a jester, which apparently occurred to no one.
caledfwitch
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
caledfwitch
they/them
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 pm

Post by caledfwitch »

i think goat is breadcrumbing that hes scum
obvs he asked a question in the scum pt and hes waiting for his buddy to answer him
must i have a gender.. is it not enough for me to simply b kinda hot sometimes

2x mafiascum member of the month !! wowowowee !!!
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Johou Tougou Shinen-Tai
Goon
Goon

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:02 pm

In post 867, Winter Skies wrote:So, what's your point Kagami? Because the only thing I saw was them not wanting to lynch UT in case they're a jester.

I was answering wischo's question. I don't think this is actually a fruitful direction of discussion.
Skitty
Skitty
Townie
Skitty
Townie
Townie

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Skitty »

In post 832, caledfwitch wrote:GUYS IM FINALLY READING THIS ALSO I MIGHT TAKE A WHILE
i dont even know the pw to my hydra what am i

In post 833, caledfwitch wrote:hahaahah all these unfounded assumptions are gr8

anyone who /really/ knows my meta knows that i am a terrible hydra partner who wont post until forced to and wow look here i am posting
i think i'll be available for q&a in like 3-4 hours so yea

In post 835, caledfwitch wrote:bro everyones been talking about me + notsci get with the times

In post 869, caledfwitch wrote:i think goat is breadcrumbing that hes scum
obvs he asked a question in the scum pt and hes waiting for his buddy to answer him

GUYS I KNOW THE PASSWORD NOW DONT WORRY
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:04 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

In post 866, dramonic wrote:Lynching scum is never relevant, silly me!

I missed the part where you had anything resembling a scumread. Except that thing you call a scumread on claimed Survivors of course.
Winter Skies
Winter Skies
Goon
Winter Skies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:02 pm

Post by Winter Skies »

Hi guys, it's ray, I'm planning to actually read this thread later today after I finish work - I've been mindnumbingly busy lately, so even when I had time (last night) I didn't have the energy to really...
do
anything (barely managed to stay awake on the train home).

You can expect me to be posting less ITT than I would in a normal game - I'm planning to mostly be in the hydra QT. If you guys have some major problem with this, I'll not do things that way, but yeah. I figure it helps keep the thread cleaner.
mental somnic
mental somnic
Goon
mental somnic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:27 pm

Post by mental somnic »

Sonic says skitty is scum

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”