Newbie 1572 - Chicken Parmigiana Mafia (Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:24 pm

Post by DeasVail »

Vote Count 2.01

Pramitz (1)- numberQ

Not voting: zombiekitty, BRantz, Diego1487, Pramitz, Drixx, Bitmap, ika, Debonair Danny DiPietro

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline

22nd February, 4pm AEDT. This is in (expired on 2015-02-22 01:11:56).
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:22 pm

Post by ika »

im going back to what i was doing yesterday

VOTE: DDD
Bitmap
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Bitmap
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:48 pm

Post by Bitmap »

I'll post tomorrow
"I give up on trying to read you. You're unimaginably scummy, with a dose of ultra-Town thrown in for spice."
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:01 pm

Post by BRantz »

Hi everyone. Will also be around tomorrow afternoon with a post. (What have I gotten myself into, no lynch and no kill?!)
zombiekitty
zombiekitty
Goon
zombiekitty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:08 pm

Post by zombiekitty »

x_x
I cant work with no flips or kills. This is like day 1 all over again ugh
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:01 pm

Post by ika »

In post 304, zombiekitty wrote:x_x

^second that.

so lets make it interesting:

who would you kill n1 and why?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:22 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

I will say this about the no lynch, despite it being massively suboptimal it does allow me to place the vote I want to place instead of holding it somewhere just to try to get a lynch.

VOTE: ika

A) Of all the players who didn't get replaced or have an unfortunate 4/5 day vacation in California when the game was actually picking up steam he has the least posts (Or at least roughly tied with Letters/Brantz).
B) His first eight posts are completely worthless, the only thing we could pretend is worthwhile is his RVS questions but they come to actually nothing. Why ask such pointless questions, especially with no follow-up.
C) His first actual point in the game is a vote on me to which he doesn't supply reasons; he does supply a reason a few posts later after Drixx has already jumped in and supplied actual arguments (unsound ones but like actual arguments). ika doesn't both with the argument thing instead posting one line and referencing a single game of meta.
D) He claims to be abrasive because he finds it useful to get reads but if that's true why haven't we seen that at all? He seems to have no interest in interacting with me to verify his read he just sloughs down a vote and walks away with no real interest in verifying his read or pushing to see the lynch he want actually happens.
E) This post is so bad.
F) "plz tell me more about my uslessness when i could say the same to others" like this is somehow a defense of his play.

~~

This is where we want to be, friends.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:28 am

Post by ika »

cool story bro nice OGMUS

now how about you tell me something better, like if im scum whos my scum buddy?
like who would you kill n1?
like about some actual reads instead of silly acusation?
Drixx
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Drixx
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:45 am

Post by Drixx »

In post 307, ika wrote:cool story bro nice OGMUS

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Yes, you get three for that post.

VOTE: Ika
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:35 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 305, ika wrote:

^second that.

Your first. Who would you kill?
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:45 am

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

1) Anyone who isn't me could be your scum partner because I'm literally the only person you've interacted with in any significant way. No other votes, no questions that were worthwhile, no pushing for a player to follow your read, nothing.
2) This struck me a dumb question and I couldn't pin down why it was for a few moments and then I realized that because I'm not scum I was missing one of the important pieces of the question, I don't have a scum partner and my N1 kill as scum would've depended heavily on who my scumpartner was.
3) Ooh, so edgy. Totes getting under my skin to get that good read, pfffft.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Post by BRantz »

Reads after reading/isos in alphabetical order:

Bitmap: Probably town. I really like , , and . I like the aggressive stance taken in his positions, and the way he attacks his concerns with other players.

DDD: Probably Town. feels strange, its basically saying "look at all this content that someone else made that I was trying to make!". But I like the way follows up on it, and his answer to Bit's question there. I really like , , and .

Diego: Null-scum. hits hard in a good way. seems decent as well. I don't understand his confusion about bitmap feeling Pramitz was being appeasy with saying "Am I scum?" vs him saying no. Though he seems to be confused as to what bitmap was responding too in the first place in and . Still a weird thing to harp on. is good. and is awesome. His reads list in is somewhat suspect. Don't like his seeming insistence that lurking is a scum only thing, nor his argument about fluff posting. is awful. Also very weird that bitmap goes from a strong townread, to a scum read without being mentioned at all in between, but bitmap had voted Diego in the interim, and his post change reasons are bad. I don't like the buddying in much either. His train of thought starting with the "These are the lynchable people today" statement is completely awful, and ends with him saying that the town should lynch a town read of his. feels like posturing to me.

Drixx: Null-very slightly town. Not a fan of , it seems too forced. , and are bad as well. Though he doesn't seem to be afraid of confrontation, which is mildly town. is just one big fallacy. The whole argument around theory that happens in these posts is somewhat pointless, but Drixx comes out looking okay with . seems to feel that the IC should do the work for him, and just give out reads and such whenever asked, it feels like a way to look like he is trying to be productive without adding anything. I like . I don't like him asking people for why letters is scum over and over, take the "many re-reads" you've done and tell people why you don't think he is scum, and why you think your candidate is a better lynch target. This feels like trying to look like contribution without doing anything again. I like .

ika: Scum. seems to be actively trying to hinder discussion, which is awful. is hilarious given what he had done up to that point. seems awful, where did the pram suspicion come from? I also don't like ika's "I need to use kid gloves with newbies" thing, seems like an easy way for him to keep hiding in lurkville. nice tu quoque fallacy you got here. I really hate and .

kscope/numQ: Null-town. don't like the self-deprecation here, but it feels kinda town. I like. feels like a town sub out to me. I like from numQ, though partially because some of my feelings mirror his there (on the looking for something to latch on to).

Pramitz: Null-slight town. feels forced/ he is trying to plant that he is somewhat sheeping in peoples minds. How is a null read ever "solid"? Don't like that at all. is really bad. So is . I like though, it is the most he has really shown how his thought processes work all game. I like as well. I like the beginning of , but what is with people in this game deciding they should lynch their townreads?!

Zombie: Null-very slight town. I like , , and . But there isn't a lot there in most of her posts. I like her questions though.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:51 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 298, Drixx wrote:Brantz needs to post before anything can really be said about him ... but if "letters' convinced you all the slot was scum, how would a replacement be able to convince otherwise?

It's completely possible that a town slot looks scummy just because of the player in it, and their replacement can look towny. Brantz is already doing a not bad job at that with his first content post.

This post just really reeks, a fact I'm pretty sure everyone who's posted since has commented on. Let's dissect it!

OMGUS? You mean the vote that was backed by actual reasoning while yours has none except what you said in post 180? If anything, your votes on each other feel like
yours
should be the OMGUS, except that you voted first. By that I mean your vote is very weak, but you're for some reason adamant on keeping it.

1st question: Are you trying to say that someone can't vote you without also having your scum buddy in mind? What about DDD -- who's his scum buddy since you're voting him?

2nd question: Completely inane question, actually a lot like some of the ones in your RVS when the game started. I can easily see it as scum trying to stir up a smokescreen to hide behind, but I'm having trouble seeing the point of this question from a town POV.

3rd question: The hypocrisy hurts. Where are your reads? Why is DDD's vote a silly accusation but yours isn't? And like Diego asked, why don't you answer some of your own questions?

I really felt a town vibe from ika for a while, but now I'm not so sure.
Hey!
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:13 pm

Post by ika »

In post 309, Diego1487 wrote:
In post 305, ika wrote:

^second that.

Your first. Who would you kill?

easy i would kill bitmap cus he is really the only one i would have a fear about.

now answer
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by ika »

In post 312, numberQ wrote:1st question: Are you trying to say that someone can't vote you without also having your scum buddy in mind? What about DDD -- who's his scum buddy since you're voting him?

2nd question: Completely inane question, actually a lot like some of the ones in your RVS when the game started. I can easily see it as scum trying to stir up a smokescreen to hide behind, but I'm having trouble seeing the point of this question from a town POV.

3rd question: The hypocrisy hurts. Where are your reads? Why is DDD's vote a silly accusation but yours isn't? And like Diego asked, why don't you answer some of your own questions?

1: honestly i think its you for postshoign me and not backing it up with a vote. im trying to find if hes jsut bad town or legit scum gunning a myslynch

2: what?

3: they are in my VT head. now you gonna vote me or sit there to look pretty?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:17 pm

Post by ika »

oh my second quesiton has a lot of reason behind it. im waiting for people to legit answer it though
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:21 am

Post by Diego1487 »

In post 315, ika wrote:oh my second quesiton has a lot of reason behind it. im waiting for people to legit answer it though

There are only 3 people that could possibly have a reason behind this question in a Matrix6 game:

1. Jailor
2. Doctor
3. Scum

These three players are the only players that could have any information as to the no kill last night. The jailor knows he either saved the townie or stopped the scum. The doctor knows he saved the townie. The scum knows he either was jailed or the target was healed.

I believe this is a scum slip to ask this question. The Jailor/Doctor needs to stay hidden from scum, so I see no way that either would ask this question. Scum would love to know the answers in hope to smoke out the Jailor/Doctor for the next night kill.

With this slip, your lurking and discussion-killing activity Day 1, I move my vote.

L-1
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:51 am

Post by BRantz »

In post 316, Diego1487 wrote:
In post 315, ika wrote:oh my second quesiton has a lot of reason behind it. im waiting for people to legit answer it though

There are only 3 people that could possibly have a reason behind this question in a Matrix6 game:

1. Jailor
2. Doctor
3. Scum

These three players are the only players that could have any information as to the no kill last night. The jailor knows he either saved the townie or stopped the scum. The doctor knows he saved the townie. The scum knows he either was jailed or the target was healed.

I believe this is a scum slip to ask this question. The Jailor/Doctor needs to stay hidden from scum, so I see no way that either would ask this question. Scum would love to know the answers in hope to smoke out the Jailor/Doctor for the next night kill.

With this slip, your lurking and discussion-killing activity Day 1, I move my vote.

L-1

There is a lot wrong with your reasoning here, and you leave out a possibility that ruins your entire hypothesis. Feels like a weak bus to me.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:13 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Please explain then.
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:21 am

Post by BRantz »

First, it is possible for a doctor/jailor to ask this question to see if anyone says the same person they protected last night, and how many people say it. They can potentially narrow down the pool of potential scum by doing so. (I don't agree that it is a good question, but that isn't part of this discussion).

The main issue is that your theory completely omits the possibility that there is a 1-shot bulletproof in the game which makes your entire thought process fall apart.

To me your explanation looked like you didn't want to just join the ika wagon "naked" and felt you needed to find a different reason than the ones that have been talked about. Hence a weak bus.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:24 am

Post by ika »

whos hammering me?
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:27 am

Post by ika »

also my idea behind it is not even for any of your reasons stated so try again
BRantz
BRantz
Mafia Scum
BRantz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:29 am

Post by BRantz »

I didn't say they were your reasons. I said that is a potential reason those roles might ask.
Diego1487
Diego1487
Goon
Diego1487
Goon
Goon

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:29 am

Post by Diego1487 »

Yeah, you're right. I did forget about the 1-shoot bulletproof.

But I don't think that make my argument any less valid. I argue that asking the question puts the Doctor/Jailor in more suspicion than he/she gains from hearing the answer. That's why I don't think a Doctor/Jailor would ask it.

It's still a scummy question and with his previous activity, I placed the vote.
ika
ika
Survivor
ika
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:38 am

Post by ika »

i think your still missing the real reason that im asking it.

now how about you answer the damn question of who the fuck you would kill and why

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”