Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:13 am

Post by acryon »

In post 374, Drezi wrote:
In post 368, acryon wrote:
In post 366, pisskop wrote:I thought it was a relatively town thing for Dooku to do.
I picture young Dooku getting ready for high school, and it seems like a pro-town thing to say.

Doesn't town lose a lot of edge by saying that before the catch-up posts even come? Because now any scum doing catch-up posts will simply post with that statement from Dooku in mind.

Actually I'm seconding Dooku's statement.

Also what can scum do about it? Write a non-towny catchup post? It's only a reminder for town, not to be overwhelmed feeling "omg so town" while reading a catchup post, but read it carefully and judge it for what it is instead. He probably remembered to say this after reading Rachmarie's post, thus the timing.

UNVOTE: Count Dooku

This makes one less thing going against the possibility of scum!croboss.

I'm not disagreeing with the statement, but I do think we lose edge by it being said in that place. And no, they won't "write a non-towny" catchup post, but it can certainly shape the way they phrase things/what to put out/what not to put out. I think it also actively discourages actual townies from making longer more solid catch-up posts in fear of them being written off as scum/disingenuous.

Idk, maybe I'm just wrong here, but it seemed worth considering to me.
Get to know me! | Unavailable on nights and weekends.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 am

Post by House »

pisskop & Count Dooku scumteam.

Check.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:19 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 375, acryon wrote:I think it also actively discourages actual townies from making longer more solid catch-up posts in fear of them being written off as scum/disingenuous.

Absolutely not, making a solid pro-town post is not something to fear regardless, simply we need to stay open minded, and not consider some people town for granted because of that.

Btw if it came down to a lynch between croboss and House which would you prefer?
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:22 am

Post by acryon »

In post 377, Drezi wrote:
In post 375, acryon wrote:I think it also actively discourages actual townies from making longer more solid catch-up posts in fear of them being written off as scum/disingenuous.

Absolutely not, making a solid pro-town post is not something to fear regardless, simply we need to stay open minded, and not consider some people town for granted because of that.

I don't think you can speak for the psyche of all townies on this, but either way, I think we're passed the real point of that discussion anyway.

In post 377, Drezi wrote:Btw if it came down to a lynch between croboss and House which would you prefer?

If I had to choose, I would say croboss, but at this point I don't want either.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:30 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 378, acryon wrote:I don't think you can speak for the psyche of all townies on this, but either way, I think we're passed the real point of that discussion anyway.

But not the point of your intentions.

In post 355, acryon wrote:
In post 354, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 347, RachMarie wrote:I will try to catch up all

Nice.

@everyone
I want you guys to keep in mind while you read these catch-up posts that it is easier to make catch-up posts/reads look towny.

What is this? Some kind of weird disclaimer on Rach's catch-up posts to paint them black before people even read?

He made no comment about Rach specifically. I'm positive you knew the difference between the two statements; the one CD made, and what you rephrased it as.

In post 371, acryon wrote:But it's a little disingenuous I think to not think people would relate the two. If I said "Hey guys, I love pizza" and then you say shortly after "Beware of all people who say they love pizza".

This feels wrong too. Again, you are attempting to turn CD's post into an absolutist statement.

I don't like it at all. Its logically flawed.

unvote

vote: acryon
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:43 am

Post by House »

Oh look, scum is voting acryon.

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:44 am

Post by acryon »

In post 379, pisskop wrote: This feels wrong too. Again, you are attempting to turn CD's post into an absolutist statement.

I don't like it at all. Its logically flawed.

unvote

vote: acryon

I am not trying to turn it into an absolute statement at all, and if I am, that actually would be
against
the point I am trying to make because it would make the statement even more detached from Rach if it was a clear statement of absolute. So you're actually logically backwards here.

He referenced Rach's post about catching up and in the same post made a comment about being wary of people's catch-up posts. That is a fact. To act like the two aren't related seems ignorant at best.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:46 am

Post by acryon »

Let's note there is also a difference between me making a general comment to the town about Dooku's apparent intentions and me engaging him directly on it right off the bat.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:48 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

Lots of posts but nothing really convinced me. I'm cool for killing off rach as well btw, lurking yourself to D2 seems like a good scum strategy and she's executing it successfully atm.

Croboss needs to die ASAP.

My suspicion of Victor remains unchanged. Same goes for deathfisario but hey if you don't post there's little that can change mhm?

House seems fairly town, especially so in his last few posts.

Drezi was pretty much null but I'm getting more suspicious of him actually. He seems very articulate and his posts seem well thought-out but he's voting for dooku without much of an argument and seemingly very little thought behind it. He's just observing the debate and then casually injecting some fluff/random comments about how the game is going and someone's thoughts and then BAM, croboss did this and that in post X and he is scum vote croboss. That's pretty odd.

How do people feel about killing off Rach?
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:49 am

Post by House »

In post 383, SIR CYANIDE wrote:Lots of posts but nothing really convinced me. I'm cool for killing off rach as well btw, lurking yourself to D2 seems like a good scum strategy and she's executing it successfully atm.

My suspicion of Victor remains unchanged. Same goes for deathfisario but hey if you don't post there's little that can change mhm?

Drezi was pretty much null but I'm getting more suspicious of him actually. He seems very articulate and his posts seem well thought-out but he's voting for dooku without much of an argument and seemingly very little thought behind it. He's just observing the debate and then casually injecting some fluff/random comments about how the game is going and someone's thoughts and then BAM, croboss did this and that in post X and he is scum vote croboss. That's pretty odd.

This post is shifting my read of SC. He's all for killing rach... says croboss needs to die asap... then tests the waters for a rach lynch who is simply not posting for reasons that may or may not even be related to the game as opposed to a player that is actively scummy in the game?

Yeah nah... not buying that as a town post.

Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:58 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 379, pisskop wrote:
In post 355, acryon wrote:
In post 354, Count Dooku wrote:
In post 347, RachMarie wrote:I will try to catch up all

Nice.

@everyone
I want you guys to keep in mind while you read these catch-up posts that it is easier to make catch-up posts/reads look towny.

What is this? Some kind of weird disclaimer on Rach's catch-up posts
to paint them black before people even read
?

He made no comment about Rach specifically. I'm positive you knew the difference between the two statements; the one CD made, and what you rephrased it as.

Well this is weird. I disagreed with acryon regarding the red part.

On the other hand, you seem to argue that it wasn't about Rach and it's not logical to draw a connection there etc., while it obviously IS a disclaimer on Rach's post,
as well as the other catch-ups too
. And I did not think there was a problem with that.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:02 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 383, SIR CYANIDE wrote:but he's voting for dooku without much of an argument and seemingly very little thought behind it. He's just observing the debate and then casually injecting some fluff/random comments about how the game is going and someone's thoughts and then BAM, croboss did this and that in post X and he is scum vote croboss.

I'm sorry, come again?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:03 am

Post by pisskop »

The jump from 'be mindful of catch-up posts' to 'pizza was liked by evil people, thus pizza is bad' is fairly significant, and is certainly a shift towards absolutism.

In post 371, acryon wrote:
In post 370, Count Dooku wrote:When did I say "be careful with Rach Marie's cath up posts"? Yes. Be careful with them. But not only with them... with every cath up, generally.]
It became appropriate when she said that she will do a cath up, so I reminded you.

But it's a little disingenuous I think to not think people would relate the two. If I said "Hey guys, I love pizza" and then you say shortly after "Beware of all people who say they love pizza". You can say you were talking about everyone, but the fact is it was the most applicable by far to Rach so it seemed directed in that way.

What Dooku says in 370 us exctly how I read his 354; there is in fact a clear distinction between his reaction to Rach and his statement '@Everyone'.

The relationship is in the proximity to each other, and thus wifomy at best. I could as easily claim you wanted to me to picture the arguement in its 'Hitler Loved Dogs' form.

In post 382, acryon wrote:Let's note there is also a difference between me making a general comment to the town about Dooku's apparent intentions and me engaging him directly on it right off the bat.

Fair enough.
unvote

@SC
Not for killing D1 lurkers without more reasons. Additionally, this is literally every game I've played with Rach.
Croboss is fine.

In post 385, Drezi wrote:On the other hand, you seem to argue that it wasn't about Rach and it's not logical to draw a connection there etc

As stated above 'The relationship is in the proximity to each other, and thus wifomy at best'.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
Drezi
Drezi
Goon
Drezi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:15 am

Post by Drezi »

In post 387, pisskop wrote:I could as easily claim you wanted to me to picture the arguement in its 'Hitler Loved Dogs' form.

That's the exact opposite of this case.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:16 am

Post by acryon »

In post 387, pisskop wrote:The jump from 'be mindful of catch-up posts' to 'pizza was liked by evil people, thus pizza is bad' is fairly significant, and is certainly a shift towards absolutism.

Lol this is also logically
much
different than even what I said about the pizza thing.

In post 387, pisskop wrote:
In post 371, acryon wrote:
In post 370, Count Dooku wrote:When did I say "be careful with Rach Marie's cath up posts"? Yes. Be careful with them. But not only with them... with every cath up, generally.]
It became appropriate when she said that she will do a cath up, so I reminded you.

But it's a little disingenuous I think to not think people would relate the two. If I said "Hey guys, I love pizza" and then you say shortly after "Beware of all people who say they love pizza". You can say you were talking about everyone, but the fact is it was the most applicable by far to Rach so it seemed directed in that way.

What Dooku says in 370 us exctly how I read his 354; there is in fact a clear distinction between his reaction to Rach and his statement '@Everyone'.

The relationship is in the proximity to each other, and thus wifomy at best. I could as easily claim you wanted to me to picture the arguement in its 'Hitler Loved Dogs' form.

:neutral: Maybe this is just a misunderstanding of what I was saying.

Did I start off with a strong accusation in the question toward Dooku? Yep, because something tells me "Hey Bro, did you have any bad intentions in that statement?" wouldn't get me a reply of value.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:29 am

Post by pisskop »

So vague analogies and presenting a false dilemma is pro-town?
In post 360, acryon wrote:
In post 359, Count Dooku wrote:
Maybe it would. Then keep in mind this guys.

It just sort of seems like your intention with the timing of that comment was to A) make town-Rach look bad to the town before she even gets her first real post, or B) coaching to scum-Rach to be careful about her catch-up post. I feel A) is far more likely.

How about c)
. His comment meant nothing to Rach.
SIR CYANIDE
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
SIR CYANIDE
Goon
Goon

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:30 am

Post by SIR CYANIDE »

In post 384, House wrote:
In post 383, SIR CYANIDE wrote:Lots of posts but nothing really convinced me. I'm cool for killing off rach as well btw, lurking yourself to D2 seems like a good scum strategy and she's executing it successfully atm.

This post is shifting my read of SC. He's all for killing rach... says croboss needs to die asap... then tests the waters for a rach lynch who is simply not posting for reasons that may or may not even be related to the game as opposed to a player that is actively scummy in the game?

Or you could shut up and see if someone else behaves in an opportunistic manner when they are presented with an easy reason to get on the rachwag. Maybe you're warning them?
Your own blood will clean the blood for now
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:31 am

Post by pisskop »

In post 390, pisskop wrote:So vague analogies and presenting a false dilemma is pro-town?

It just sort of seems like your intention with the timing of that comment was to A) make town-Rach look bad to the town before she even gets her first real post, or B) coaching to scum-Rach to be careful about her catch-up post. I feel A) is far more likely.

How about c)

EBWOP:
*WRT Rach specifically.*

You are not inquiring, you are inferring and narrating a story.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:36 am

Post by House »

In post 391, SIR CYANIDE wrote:
In post 384, House wrote:

Or you could shut up and see if someone else behaves in an opportunistic manner when they are presented with an easy reason to get on the rachwag. Maybe you're warning them?

Maybe I'm catching you out?

acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:42 am

Post by acryon »

In post 390, pisskop wrote:So vague analogies and presenting a false dilemma is pro-town?

It just sort of seems like
your intention with the timing of that comment was to A) make town-Rach look bad to the town before she even gets her first real post, or B) coaching to scum-Rach to be careful about her catch-up post. I feel A) is far more likely.

How about c)

I want you to look at the wording in bold.

In post 392, pisskop wrote:

How about c)

EBWOP:
*WRT Rach specifically.*

You are not inquiring, you are inferring and narrating a story.

I am
offering
a
possible
story. Ultimately this game boils down to lynches based on whatever story the majority agrees sounds best.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:46 am

Post by pisskop »

And excluding the neutral or positive alternatives really lends itself to biased opinions. You were in effect painting him black for suggesting we watch the lurkers carefully.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:48 am

Post by acryon »

In post 395, pisskop wrote:And excluding the neutral or positive alternatives really lends itself to biased opinions. You were in effect painting him black for suggesting we watch the lurkers carefully.

Except I was engaging him in a dialogue. And you don't get reactions by including the neutral and positive alternatives. You get reactions by making accusations and taking a stance.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:54 am

Post by pisskop »

Okay. It was pressure then.

I'm a little unsure about his early posting, but after a few pokes he's posting fine.
-What do you think of Dooku then?
-House
-SC

And I gather you don't like the Croboss wagon.
acryon
acryon
Mafia Scum
acryon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:01 am

Post by acryon »

In post 397, pisskop wrote:Okay. It was pressure then.

I'm a little unsure about his early posting, but after a few pokes he's posting fine.
-What do you think of Dooku then?
-House
-SC

And I gather you don't like the Croboss wagon.

No specific posts I can point out really besides that most recent one, but Dooku is giving me a weird feeling. I know that sounds vague, so if you want to call it a null that's fine.

House seems town. He's calling people on their crap, which is pro-town.

I still don't think SC has actually contributed much to the game or done much actual scumhunting. Lots of the IC talk that was discussed earlier by me, makes a case on the clear low-hanging fruit in croboss, and some of his posts are just weird. His most recent one about the Rach thing is just off. I mean I don't see scum actually making the post, but it is also a really crappy way to get people to jump on, because I don't really see someone biting that easily. He's most likely scum to me as of now.

Don't like the croboss wagon. Give me some more croboss content and we'll see. Luckily we have plenty of time left for me to get it, so things can change and my reads can get better.
Count Dooku
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Count Dooku
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:09 am

Post by Count Dooku »

@acryon
"Give me some more croboss content"
There you go. He hasn't given us any content since he got a pressure on himself. He is avoiding this game. A townie would avoid playing when there's a wagon on him? I don't think so...
Get to Know a Sith Lord
Officially the worst mafioso ever.
RIP Sir Christopher Lee

Return to “Completed Open Games”